Mazda: Kai Concept

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 01:24 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Mazda: Kai Concept

MAZDA: Mazda Unveils KAI CONCEPT and VISION COUPE at Tokyo Motor Show News Releases

Mazda Unveils KAI CONCEPT and VISION COUPE at Tokyo Motor Show

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation unveiled two concept models, the Mazda KAI CONCEPT and the Mazda VISION COUPE at the 45th Tokyo Motor Show today. Organized by the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, the show will be open to the public from Oct. 28 through Nov. 5. Mazda has scheduled a press conference for 1:40 p.m. today.

The Mazda KAI CONCEPT compact hatchback heralds a new generation of Mazda cars. Featuring the next-generation SKYACTIV-X gasoline engine, SKYACTIV-Vehicle Architecture and a more mature expression of the KODO design language, the model embodies the technology, engineering and design concepts that will define the next generation of Mazda cars. Refinements in all areas of dynamic performance have produced a dramatically quieter, more comfortable ride and an enhanced performance feel. The KAI CONCEPT features muscular, solid proportions and its form is brought to life by a delicate flow of reflections over the body sides.

The VISION COUPE represents Mazda’s design vision for next-generation models; a more mature expression of KODO applies a Japanese aesthetic to achieve more elegant and premium styling. The exterior features a “one motion” form that exudes a sense of speed and the interior combines three-dimensional depth with a strong longitudinal axis to create a relaxed space that maintains a sense of speed.

In line with its “Sustainable Zoom-Zoom 2030” long-term vision for technology development, Mazda aims to use the fundamental appeal of the automobile — driving pleasure — to inspire people, enrich society and help bring about a beautiful earth. By offering an experience of car ownership that celebrates driving, the company hopes to enrich lives and build a strong bond with customers.

Special Mazda website for the Tokyo Motor Show:
MAZDA: THE 45TH TOKYO MOTOR SHOW 2017

Special Mazda website for next-generation technology and design:
MAZDA: NEXT-GENERATION TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN

https://jalopnik.com/mazda-kai-conce...ood-1819815650

Mazda Kai Concept: If The Next Mazda 3 Looks This Good We Should Throw A Party

Oct. 24, 2017

Mazda’s been on something of a roll lately when it comes to design, from stuff that you can actually buy like the new CX-5 crossover to things you probably will never get, like the RX-Vision concept. Following in the latter’s footsteps is the Mazda Kai Concept soon to be shown at the Tokyo Motor Show, and Belgian site Autotijd has the leaked pics.

As you might be able to guess, this is probably the next Mazda 3 hatchback in concept form. And that’s seriously not a bad thing. This is a sleek and clean design that takes the best of that rotary powered sports car concept and translates it into a practical normal car you might consider owning.

The next Mazda 3 is extra interesting because it is expected to debut the new SkyActiv-X engine, a remarkable piece of technology that uses long sought-after combustion methods to get diesel-like fuel economy from a gasoline motor. Our man David Tracy drove a prototype of that engine in Germany and was delighted at how good it was.

Revolutionary technology, (presumably) great handling and gorgeous looks: it looks like Mazda brought its A-game with this thing. I’m eager to see more of it in Tokyo.

The following users liked this post:
ttribe (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 01:26 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
I love the mazda 6 and i love this thing!
Old 10-26-2017, 03:22 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Looks good
Old 10-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
that looks so good. Mazda is doing great with the new designs
Old 10-26-2017, 04:11 PM

Received 5,488 Likes on 3,746 Posts
If I were in the market for an economy (non-performance) compact/sedan, the Mazda3 & Mazda6 would take the top spot over the Accord/Camry/Optima/etc. Especially since Mazda offers both with a 6MT (available in the loaded Mazda3, but only the Touring Mazda6).
Old 10-26-2017, 04:12 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
There's a third gen TL guy from Hawaii who moved on to a Mazda 6. Bagged it and did various visual upgrades, very sweet looking! I'll see if I can link Instagram
Old 10-26-2017, 08:36 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I'm looking forward to this as a potential replacement for my wife's Elantra GT. I'm hopeful it will remain close to this in production and with the new dieselesque gas engine it should be around 190hp and 40mpg on the highway. And it's one of the few with manual transmissions left.

What a beautiful design.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:06 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I was looking forward to a Mazda 6 diesel at one point, but I think at one point the factory just gave up and declared that burning 1 quart of oil every 1,000 miles was normal for the Skyactiv-D.

In theory they work, but in reality there are way too many restrictions on diesels. They're more expensive all around too. All that extra emissions crap is more stuff that can fail down the road.

You can still get 35+ mpg with the 2.5 gas engine