Maserati: Ghibli News

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/ma...le-next-month/

Maserati will unleash a new version of the Ghibli dubbed ‘Ribelle’, scheduled to go on sale in EMEA markets this October. The Trident brand will only build 200 units of this limited edition saloon.

According to Maserati, what makes this Ribelle version special compared to other Ghibli models is its exclusive design and elegant interior trims, united around the the sophisticated NeroRibelle mica color, joined by a set of shiny black 19-inch Proteo alloys with contrasting red laser etched details and red calipers.

Inside, the Ghibli Ribelle boasts a two-tone black/red dashboard, black door panels with a red central armrest, a black leather Sport steering wheel with tone-on-tone stitching, plus steering wheel paddle shifters. Then there are the sports seats, dressed up in full premium leather, featuring a two-tone black/read aesthetic with contrast stitching.

Buyers should also enjoy seeing the chromed aluminum badge for the Trident logo on the central console, combined with the new Ribelle logo – just to let you know this isn’t your everyday Ghibli.

Still, if that’s not enough, you can always opt for the optional Ribelle Plus package, which adds laminated privacy windows for enhanced thermal and sound insulation, full-LED Matrix adaptive headlights, a sunroof and a Harman Kardon premium sound system.

Available on the Ghibli Ribelle are all of the sport saloon’s three power units, specifically the 275 PS (271 HP) V6 turbo-diesel and the two twin-turbo V6 petrol options with 350 PS (345 HP) and 430 PS (424 HP) specifically.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:51 AM

No idea how they are to drive/own, but I always thought the Ghibli was a good looking car.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:08 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,827 Likes on 3,849 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
No idea how they are to drive/own, but I always thought the Ghibli was a good looking car.
Doug did a review video. It did not go well.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Yeah, apparently Maseratis are pretty bad. They're not the best looking either. I'm not actually sure why FCA has Alfa and Maserati anymore.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:13 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/maserati/2021-ghibli_hybrid/

The spark of electrification ignites Maserati's future: with the new Maserati Ghibli Hybrid, the Trident Brand enters the world of electrification.

The new Maserati Ghibli Hybrid represents one of the most ambitious projects for Maserati, which after the announcement of the new engine for the MC20 super sports car now sets the seal on another step forward towards the brand's new Era.

The choice to introduce the hybrid technology on the Ghibli sedan is no coincidence: this model, with over 100,000 units produced since its launch in 2013, perfectly embodies the Modena-based manufacturer's DNA.

In fact, the challenge facing Maserati was to enter the world of electrification without altering the brand's core philosophy and values. The result? The creation of the best possible hybrid. What's more, Maserati Ghibli Hybrid will retain the unmistakable sound that has always distinguished every Maserati.

The arrival of the new Ghibli Hybrid thus expands the Maserati range, which is now even more competitive and responsive to the demands of the market.

Mild Hybrid

In perfect harmony with its DNA, Maserati has chosen a hybrid solution focused primarily on improving performance, while also reducing fuel consumption and cutting emissions.

The hybrid technology exploits kinetic energy the car accumulates when in motion, recovering it and transforming it into electricity during deceleration and braking, and storing it in a battery.

The innovative powertrain, the outcome of in-depth engineering development work by the technicians and engineers of the Maserati Innovation Lab in Modena, combines an internal combustion engine (4 cylinders, turbo, displacement of 2.0 l) with a 48 volt alternator and an additional electric supercharger (e-Booster), supported by a battery. This solution is unique in its segment, and is the first in a new generation of powertrains, with the perfect trade-off between performance, efficiency and driving pleasure.

The battery is mounted in the rear of the car, with benefits in terms of improved weight distribution.

This version weighs about 80 kg less than the Diesel.

Thanks to maximum power output of 330 hp and torque of 450 Nm delivered from just 1,500 rpm, the new Maserati Ghibli Hybrid's performance data are very impressive: top speed of 255 km/h and acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds.

Maserati Ghibli Hybrid occupants will still revel in the unmistakable sound that characterises all Maserati models, thanks to the optimised exhaust, which includes specially designed resonators.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:02 AM
Ex-OEM King

This thing still exists? Why?
Old 07-16-2020, 11:38 AM

I can't remember the last time I saw a Maserati, or an Alfa, on the road around here.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:17 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
I saw a Maserati going like 100 on 35 a few weekends ago when driving to Temple.. first one in ages, but other than that, they are very few and far between.

I used to see a Giulia every now and then, but they now are also very few and far between.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:47 PM

100 in a 35

Can't even say that I've seen a Giulia nor Stelvio recently. But, I've been out of the house a lot less recently.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:35 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
100 in a 35

Can't even say that I've seen a Giulia nor Stelvio recently. But, I've been out of the house a lot less recently.
Probably why I haven't seen any too.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:28 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/maserati/2021-ghibli_trofeo/

Maserati writes a new chapter in its history by expanding its Trofeo collection. Following the 2018 launch of Levante Trofeo, the SUV's most extreme, most powerful version, the new Maserati Quattroporte and Ghibli Trofeo are now available, achieving the pinnacle of performance, sportiness and luxury.

To highlight once again Maserati's all-Italian identity, the colours chosen for the Trofeo collection launch are those of the country's flag: green for Quattroporte, white for Levante and red for Ghibli, which combine with the burnished chrome-work and glossy red trims for a particularly aggressive and elegant look.

Maserati reinterprets its sedans by introducing the V8 engine.

The heart of Maserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo is the 3.8 l V8 Twin Turbo with power output of 580 hp at 6,250 rpm and peak torque of 730 Nm.

The engine, which has already revealed all its power on Levante Trofeo, is built at the Ferrari plant at Maranello to Maserati's specifications, and has been modified and developed to deliver equally impressive performances on the rear-engine sedans.

Although completely new for Ghibli, the V8 engine has already been used in the past on Quattroporte GTS, in the 530 hp version. Today the 580 hp V8 engine is available on the new Ghibli, Quattroporte and Levante Trofeo, in full compliance with fuel efficiency and emissions standards.

Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo can proudly claim to be the fastest Maserati sedans ever, with a top speed of 326 km/h. Levante Trofeo's maximum speed is 302 km/h.

Like Levante Trofeo, the new Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo also incorporate the Integrated Vehicle Control (IVC) system, with a specific setup that guarantees enhanced driving dynamics, greater active safety and even more thrilling performance. The sedans have the Corsa button that sets the car for an even sportier driving style. Also included is Launch Control, a function that first appeared on Levante Trofeo, to unleash all the engine's power and deliver breath-taking performance and an authentic Maserati driving experience.

While the unique signature of every Maserati is the sound of its engine, now the Trofeo collection will be even more unmistakable in looks, thanks to special stylistic touches that characterise these high performance models. These include the front grille with twin vertical bars in Black Piano finish, and the introduction of carbon fibre on the front air duct trims and rear extractor, for an even more aggressive effect.

The whole Trofeo collection is distinguished by the red details that characterise the bottom profiles of the side air vents and the lightning bolt on the Trident badge on the C-pillars.

There are major changes at the rear of the car, where the light clusters have been completely restyled, with a boomerang-like profile inspired by the 3200 GT and the Alfieri concept car.

In terms of the Maserati Ghibli Trofeo, the bonnet has also been restyled, featuring two aggressive air ducts for better cooling, just like on Levante Trofeo.

Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo are fitted with 21" aluminium Orione wheels. 22" Orione wheels are available on Levante Trofeo.

The Trofeo characterisation continues in the interior, with a new on-board panel that displays an exclusive interface at switch-on, while the headrests bear the Trofeo badge with the name in three-dimensional relief. The exclusivity also extends to the interior upholstery, in full-grain Pieno Fiore natural leather.

The ADAS system has evolved to include new functions, and thanks to Active Driving Assist the assisted driving function can now be activated on urban roads and ordinary highways.

New technologies also appear in MIA (Maserati Intelligent Assistant), the multimedia screen with upgraded resolution and larger size - 10.1" on both Ghibli Trofeo and Quattroporte Trofeo, while Levante retains the 8.4" display, but with improved resolution and graphics. Furthermore, thanks to the Maserati Connect programme, now the Trofeo collection is always connected, with a full set of services to simplify its use.

Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo will be built at the Avvocato Giovanni Agnelli Plant (AGAP) at Grugliasco (Turin), and Levante Trofeo at the Mirafiori (Turin) plant.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:51 AM
Ex-OEM King

The engine, which has already revealed all its power on Levante Trofeo, is built at the Ferrari plant at Maranello to Maserati's specifications, and has been modified and developed to deliver equally impressive performances on the rear-engine sedans.
I'd rather it was built to Ferrari's specifications.

It has also been modified to deliver exceptionally questionable reliability and even worse long term owner satisfaction.
The following users liked this post:
00TL-P3.2 (08-11-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 02:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1
I'd rather it was built to Ferrari's specifications.

It has also been modified to deliver exceptionally questionable reliability and even worse long term owner satisfaction.
I dont think their reliability is questionable.... It is THE worst..

With that being said... hey since i cannot afford a M5 or E63s, if they could give 30k off to lease one for $500 a month like the previous gen... i might take my chances in the name of 580hp ...

Old 08-11-2020, 02:27 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Among what I imagine to be a multitude of other issues, their strut towers are made of the same material as Harbor Freight jack stands

https://www.ghibliforum.com/threads/...ack-sos.22137/

Leasing would definitely be way to go. Unless you're some sort of financial masochist.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:42 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Costco
Among what I imagine to be a multitude of other issues, their strut towers are made of the same material as Harbor Freight jack stands

https://www.ghibliforum.com/threads/...ack-sos.22137/

Leasing would definitely be way to go. Unless you're some sort of financial masochist.
i read the whole thread, it was pretty entertaining.. haha

the best part is

LMJS13 - they installed 2016 strut towers, suspension and springs....this is the best we can ask for..lol. Apparently issues reported in 2014 & 2015 have been corrected in 2016 design...have to wait and see.
So....the bodyshop completed the repairs and sent it bck to the dealership yesterday to clear the codes and finish my second service. Called the dealer a few mins ago and my car wont pass their inspection because the control arms they replaced are already cracked...the car is back in the bodyshop....we are back to where we started!!!

At this point I am not sure if I want to drive that car at all....its been 2months!!
Old 08-11-2020, 04:41 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Hidden perk of Maserati ownership. When you own one, you become familiar with all the other models too, because the dealer has a loaner fleet as big as their new car inventory!
Old 12-02-2021, 02:36 PM

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43333/...in-2023-report

Believe it or not, the Maserati Ghibli has been around since 2013. But as the company prepares to introduce that new, smaller Grecale crossover, its entry-level sedan might soon be on its way out.

According to Automotive News, 2022 will be the final year Maserati produces the Ghibli. A blurb within the publication's Ghibli make/model page reads, "Production is expected to continue through 2022 on the sedan, which will not be replaced." There's even a five-year timeline on which the Ghibli is scheduled to "End in 2023." If true, the four-door Maser will have been on the market for nearly a decade—not a bad run.

Starting at roughly $78,000, the 2022 Ghibli is (for now) Maserati's most affordable vehicle. The base Ghibli GT comes with a 345-horsepower V6 while the midgrade Modena model amps it up to 424 hp. The high-performance Ghibli Trofeo, meanwhile, is armed with a 580-hp V8 good for zero to 60 mph in four seconds flat.

Introduced at the Shanghai Motor Show nearly nine years ago now, the current-gen Ghibli sedan resurrected a legacy Maserati nameplate that previously graced a pair of two-door coupes: the boxy, compact, almost BMW M3-esque one from the '90s and the long, V8 grand tourer from the late '60s and early '70s. If history is anything to go by, then, expect the Ghibli name to take a decade or two off only to come back in an entirely different body style than before. (Five bucks say the revived 2036 Maserati Ghibli crossover will run on renewable fossil fuels from Mars, I'm calling it now.)

In any case, we've reached out to Maserati for confirmation of the Ghibli's supposed imminent demise and will update this story when we hear back.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:26 PM
Team Owner

They smoking crack? for $80k i could go get a 500hp M3/C63/RS4... why would anyone want a 345hp POS that breaks down every other day?

Starting at roughly $78,000, the 2022 Ghibli is (for now) Maserati's most affordable vehicle. The base Ghibli GT comes with a 345-horsepower V6 ​​​​​​​while the midgrade Modena model amps it up to 424 hp.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:08 AM

It's a good looking car & sounds pretty good too.
There's one in my neighborhood that I've seen/heard a few times.

But, can't imagine paying that much for it. Premium lux, sure, but there's other options I'd put my own $$ into first.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:39 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
They smoking crack? for $80k i could go get a 500hp M3/C63/RS4... why would anyone want a 345hp POS that breaks down every other day?
They don't which is why lease deals and WAY below invoice pricing are rampant on these all the time.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:09 PM

https://www.motor1.com/news/603693/m...ontinued-2024/

When Maserati announced its Folgore electrification plan earlier this year, it didn't mention the Ghibli at all. It led to speculations about Modena's smaller sedan getting the axe sooner or later, and now we know its cut-off date. The company's Australia general manager Grant Barling told Drive the luxury sports saloon "will move into run-out phase into 2024." Interestingly, he also detailed what the future has in tow for the Quattroporte.

Already confirmed to get a purely electric version, the new four-door Maserati is actually going to be smaller than today's model. That rarely happens in the automotive industry as cars tend to get bigger and bigger with the next generation. Grant Barling explained the Quattroporte will be about the same size as the outgoing Ghibli.

"The long term plan is that the Ghibli will be replaced with the Quattroporte,. The plan is for the Ghibli and Quattroporte to become one. So the Quattroporte will become a short-wheelbase [model] – Ghibli-sized, but called a Quattroporte. To be honest, that [large car] segment [in which the Ghibli competes] has come down quite a bit."
One of the oldest cars in the premium segment, the third-gen Ghibli has been around since 2013 and it's safe to say no one is surprised the car is living on borrowed time. With the proliferation of crossovers and SUVs, Maserati's aging entry-level sedan will be another victim of customers shifting to high-riding offerings. Speaking of which, the next-gen Levante has been confirmed and is going to get an EV version much like the smaller Grecale

Grant Barling also announced the twin-turbo 3.8-liter V8 engine of Ferrari origins used in the Trofeo-spec Ghibli, Quattroporte, and Levante is also going to be discontinued. That doesn't come as a big shock seeing as how the company with the Trident logo now has its very own twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 dubbed Nettuno.

The smaller-displacement engine won't be available for more than seven years or so since Maserati has already signaled the ICE's demise by going purely electric in 2030. Before that happens, the MC20 supercar will get an EV version, much like all of the company's future products.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:12 AM

https://carbuzz.com/news/maserati-gh...mbustion-sedan

Maserati is taking Goodwood by storm by debuting the Ghibli 334 Ultima: the world's fastest internal combustion sedan. We'd been told the name before but never what the 334 meant. Now we know; the 334 is its top speed denoted in kilometers per hour, and it translates to 207.5 mph, which is ever so slightly faster than the former record holder Bentley Flying Spur Speed's 207 mph (333 kph) top speed. The 334 Ultima will be joined by the Levante V8 Ultima, though that model isn't attempting to capture any records.

The Ultima models are meant to be the swan songs for the brand's iconic V8s. Over 100,000 V8 Maserati Grand tourers have been produced since the 5000 GT launched in 1959, and 2023 sees this story come to a close. The Ferrari-derived 3.8-liter twin-turbo V8, which first arrived in the Trofeo models in 2021, will get one last 572-horsepower hurrah before the company focuses on electrification.

The 334 Ultima has no more power than the regular Trofeo model but still bests its 203 mph top speed. It doesn't stop there, though, as the company has equipped the vehicle with special compound performance tires and improved the aerodynamics thanks to 21-inch Orione wheels and a carbon fiber rear spoiler. The weight savings and tire improvements now help the vehicle scoot from 0-62 mph in just 3.9 seconds, a significant improvement over the 4.9 seconds of the Trofeo model.

The 334 Ultima will come in exclusive Scia di Persia paintwork with Rubino accents, while the Levante Ultima can be optioned in either Nero Assoluto or Blue Royale paint colors. Both are then limited to just 103 units as an homage to the 5000 GT Scia di Persia in 1959, of which only 103 were reserved after the Shah of Persia specially ordered the very first one.

Other than the exclusive paintwork, the 334 Ultima also receives a full carbon fiber body kit which includes bumper plates, door handles, mirror caps, and B and C pillars. The wheels are a new dark matte graphite color with a Rubino-shaded trident in front of gloss black calipers. On the inside, Pale Terracotta leather reminiscent of the 5000 GT adorns the seats, along with Alcantara in the center. Trident and 334 logos are stitched into the headrests, and the center tunnel features a plaque that says "una di 103".

The Levante features many of the same additions, including the carbon fiber package, the Rubino accents, and slightly larger 22-inch Orione rims. Pale Terracotta over Alcantara fills the interior, and the 572-hp V8 engine is still found under the hood. Given the choice of two different colors, these models will become slightly more exclusive than the 334, though that top speed is the real winner.

Both of these models will be featured at the First Glance Paddock at the Goodwood FOS, with the 334 taking part in the Hillclimb. They'll both be joined by other Maserati models like the 2024 GranTurismo Trofeo and Folgore, the Grecale Folgore, and even the MC20 Cielo.

The Trofeo and Cielo both boast the new Nettuno V6, but the company is even prouder of the all-electric Folgore models. It says that by 2025, every model in its lineup will have a Folgore version, with the company going all-electric by 2030. This a great reason to get your Maserati combustion kicks while you still can.
​​​​​​​

Old 07-14-2023, 08:13 AM

Still think the Ghibli is a great looking car, but would be worried to own one out of warranty.
Much smaller car than the Flying Spur, wild to do >200 in it.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:52 AM
Ex-OEM King

Have you ever sat in one? The outsides are awesome but the inside is basically a Dodge Charger with slightly nicer leather.
The following users liked this post:
charliemike (07-14-2023)
Old 07-14-2023, 09:03 AM

Is it that big? Definitely seems a lot smaller, seeing it from the outside.
But no, I've never been in one.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:47 AM
Ex-OEM King

Not the size, more so the fit and finish along with the parts and materials used. It is smaller than a charger.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:57 AM