Luxury Institute Survey finds Maybach #1

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Luxury Institute Survey finds Maybach #1

Luxury Institute Survey Finds Maybach, Rolls Royce and Bentley

Earn Top Ratings from Multi-millionaires

NEW YORK-- Relative newcomer Maybach earned top honors as the most highly regarded ultra-luxury automobile maker by Penta-Millionaires and Ultra High Net Worths (households with a total net worth of $5 million to $25 plus million) who recently rated and ranked America's top ultra-luxury automobiles. The study, "The Luxury Automotive Brand Status Index" (LBSI), produced by New York City-based research and publishing firm, The Luxury Institute, rated 10 brands (alphabetical order) including: Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Maybach, Mercedes, Porsche, and Rolls Royce.

"Maybach's ability to earn first or second place on all of the four pillars of a luxury brand allowed it to break through despite its relatively low awareness and newness," said Milton Pedraza, CEO of the Luxury Institute. "It is clearly an impressive win for Mercedes Benz, which launched the automobile in the hopes of capturing a solid share of the ultra luxury car segment. Still, the resilience of Rolls Royce and Bentley, given the onslaught of models from new competitors such as Maybach, and from traditional competitors such as Ferrari, Maserati, and Aston Martin, is a testament to their ability to adapt while maintaining their heritage and brand identity."

As the voice of the Wealthy, the Luxury Institute asked Ultra-Wealthy consumers to rate each automaker on "Four Pillars of a Luxury Brand": 1) delivering superior quality, 2) uniqueness and exclusivity, 3) whether the brand is used by people who are admired and respected, And 4) the ability of each brand to make clients feel special throughout the entire customer experience. The survey also asked respondents to rate each brand on price worthiness and on change in status over the previous 12 months.

About the Luxury Institute

The Luxury Institute is an in-depth research, subscription-based organization that focuses solely on the top 10% of America's wealthy. The firm provides a portfolio of publications that guide and educate high net-worth individuals and the companies that cater to them on leading edge trends, consumer rankings and ratings of luxury brands, and best practices. Publications include the monthly Wealth Report, the Luxury Brand Status Index surveys, and the Luxury Best Practices surveys.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:39 AM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
what else do multi-millionaires buy besides Maybachs, Rolls Royces and Bentleys?.....
Old 07-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,603 Likes on 5,377 Posts
they were duped into buying a $400k car that is not much better, realistically, than a $120,000 S600. Of course they are gonna say it's "the best"... this is like the Ionic Breeze owners saying, "it really DOES work!!"
Old 07-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by srika
they were duped into buying a $400k car that is not much better, realistically, than a $120,000 S600. Of course they are gonna say it's "the best"... this is like the Ionic Breeze owners saying, "it really DOES work!!"
If you ever get some time to spend with a S600 and then a Maybach, its sooo different. Not even a comparison except for the drivers area controls, but everything that is in the rear can be controlled from COMAND in the front. The Maybach really is worth it, if you can afford one. It's an amazing machine.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I'd take an S-Class Pullman over the Maybach anyday.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by phile
I'd take an S-Class Pullman over the Maybach anyday.

Why, its a Limo. Seats 5 in the rear. Maybach is meant for your comfort and pleasure. Not to be a mass transport like a limo would be. Maybach, better features, amenities, and technology...

I assume you haven't driven a Maybach to compare it to a Pullman that is still built like a benz.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy a Maybach used......they depreciate like a rock, because they are completely overpriced.

A $330k Sclass, that's more or less what it is.

Get the 06 Sclass and the differences will be even less.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,603 Likes on 5,377 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ_CLS_driver
If you ever get some time to spend with a S600 and then a Maybach, its sooo different. Not even a comparison except for the drivers area controls, but everything that is in the rear can be controlled from COMAND in the front. The Maybach really is worth it, if you can afford one. It's an amazing machine.
ok I was exaggerating just a little. I would love to try out a Maybach sometime. plz arrange.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Racer

lol
Old 07-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Beltfed
Buy a Maybach used......they depreciate like a rock, because they are completely overpriced.

A $330k Sclass, that's more or less what it is.

Get the 06 Sclass and the differences will be even less.
I didn't know Maybachs tanked after a few years. Any examples? I'm curious now.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by youngTL
I didn't know Maybachs tanked after a few years. Any examples? I'm curious now.
I've seen 1 year old Maybach's for $60-$70k less than MSRP.

Just think how overpriced standard MBs are, now imagine a warmed over Sclass called the Maybach for $330k.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:28 AM
goldmemberererer

Originally Posted by NJ_CLS_driver
Why, its a Limo. Seats 5 in the rear. Maybach is meant for your comfort and pleasure. Not to be a mass transport like a limo would be. Maybach, better features, amenities, and technology...

I assume you haven't driven a Maybach to compare it to a Pullman that is still built like a benz.
The W220 Pullman Limousine seats 4 in the rear. I haven't seen one that seats 5. But I agree. The Pullman = comfort for 4. The Maybach = exclusivity and luxury for 2.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by goldmemberer
The W220 Pullman Limousine seats 4 in the rear. I haven't seen one that seats 5. But I agree. The Pullman = comfort for 4. The Maybach = exclusivity and luxury for 2.
Different preferences for different people, that's all. I agree about the comfort, but the only exclusivity that the Maybach offers is the stratospheric price tag and the revived name. It really looks like a big S-Class sedan.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
I saw a white maybach with white rims in NYC on Friday nite...I think Prodigy from mobb deep was driving looked pretty cool..
Old 07-18-2005, 04:15 AM
goldmemberererer

Originally Posted by phile
Different preferences for different people, that's all. I agree about the comfort, but the only exclusivity that the Maybach offers is the stratospheric price tag and the revived name. It really looks like a big S-Class sedan.
The Maybach is ahead, in terms of features and "little touches," of even the upcoming S-Class. I think what Benz wants to do with Maybach is keep it 2 generations ahead of whatever current S-class there is, and charge the customer as if they'd teleported it back in time.

I've been in both the Maybach and the W220 Pullman. I liked the Pullman better, especially from a business standpoint. Would you rather have a wine cooler in your car or be able to seat two more board executives? My uncle purchased one recently (in India, no less) because it's so easy to have a meeting in this:
Old 07-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by goldmemberer
The Maybach is ahead, in terms of features and "little touches," of even the upcoming S-Class. I think what Benz wants to do with Maybach is keep it 2 generations ahead of whatever current S-class there is, and charge the customer as if they'd teleported it back in time.

I've been in both the Maybach and the W220 Pullman. I liked the Pullman better, especially from a business standpoint. Would you rather have a wine cooler in your car or be able to seat two more board executives? My uncle purchased one recently (in India, no less) because it's so easy to have a meeting in this:
For a Business Aspect ok... But if you own the Maybach your not using it as a board room. It's meant for Personal Convience & Comfort. The Maybach is like being on a first class jet on wheels.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Maybach limo =