Lincoln: Navigator News

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006 | 02:20 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by titan
Still, there's a bunch of tacky people out there who will love it.
Yeah... the soccer moms who think they need that beast to drive the kids to the soccer field or to pick up groceries...
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:22 PM
Safety Car

Exterior wise, there's no comparison, IMO. The Escalade wins hands down.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:24 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sclass88
Yeah... the soccer moms who think they need that beast to drive the kids to the soccer field or to pick up groceries...
Hehehe, basically.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:26 PM
Safety Car

Interior comparison.

It's a closer race on with the interior, IMO. I think it boils down to a matter of taste; that said, I like the Escalade's better. One of my favorite Escalade interior features is the wood wrapped around the entire wheel, and the very cool Bulgari gauges; more than that, I like the whole package and layout better.

Last edited by titan; 02-11-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:27 PM
Suzuka Master

I agree and disagree. As I stated in a previous post, the Escalade KILLS the Navi in the Powertrain department. Over 400HP and a six speed auto with cylinder deactivation can't be beat in the Escalade. It kills the RR, and everything else. As far as the guage, that's one retro aspect that I like. What's wrong with them? Because they're a throwback to that '86 Town Car? I guess it's a matter of taste... I think they're very well done. I wouldn't necessarily like it in a sporty coupe; but in a luxo SUV I think they're cool...
Ford can up the power of the 5.4 very easily. Throw on Ford GT heads, which flow 25% better. 340-350 hp should be easy to achieve. I am not sure why Ford hasn't engineered cylinder deactivation into their modular motors. Stupid move IMO.

As for the guages, they look cheap. They make a otherwise nice interior look tacky. The previous gen gauges would have worked much better.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Interior comparison.

It's a closer race on with the interior, IMO. I think it boils down to a matter of taste; that said, I like the Escalade's better.
Not even close. The Esclade wins by a landslide. It uses better looking materials and the ergonomics are better.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:33 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Maximized
Ford can up the power of the 5.4 very easily. Throw on Ford GT heads, which flow 25% better. 340-350 hp should be easy to achieve. I am not sure why Ford hasn't engineered cylinder deactivation into their modular motors. Stupid move IMO.

As for the guages, they look cheap. They make a otherwise nice interior look tacky. The previous gen gauges would have worked much better.
I agree 100% about the engine. I don't think the guages look cheap. I think both woods used in the interior fo the Caddy and Lincoln are beautiful. The one thing I like more about the Navi than the Escalade is the floor mounted shifter as opposed to the column mounted shifter.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:37 PM
Safety Car

Not even close. The Esclade wins by a landslide. It uses better looking materials and the ergonomics are better.
I'll say looking at the layout of the center stack, both are very similar; and the ergomics are close. I'll save judgement on the material use until I see it in person, but I think you're right. Just looking at them, the Escalade looks richer, and is certainly less spartan.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

I agree 100% about the engine. I don't think the guages look cheap. I think both woods used in the interior fo the Caddy and Lincoln are beautiful. The one thing I like more about the Navi than the Escalade is the floor mounted shifter as opposed to the column mounted shifter.
They look cheap compared to the competition. Look at the gauges on a Lexus, BMW, Audi, or Benz. You will immediately see the difference. I was being serious, those gauges look exactly like the ones in my dad's Town Car. He bought the car in 1986!!! This is 2006!
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:41 PM
Safety Car

I was being serious, those gauges look exactly like the ones in my dad's Town Car. He bought the car in 1986!!! This is 2006!
hehehe, lmao. I feel ya.
Old 02-11-2006 | 04:00 PM
Banned

They both suck. Get a Range Rover.

Okay, okay. I'll be serious. QX56.

Screw it. Lexus.
Old 02-11-2006 | 07:29 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by M TYPE X
They both suck. Get a Range Rover.

Okay, okay. I'll be serious. QX56.

Screw it. Lexus.
LOL. Forget the old ass Lexus. The QX56 will have to step it's game up with the new entry from Caddy. I know it's sssooo sacreligous to say this, I'd take the Escalade over the Range Rover anyday. It's larger, more powerful, and looks better, IMO. Though the Escalade is sure to be a fine offroader (as is the RR), I'd personally never take it off of pavement. With the new Caddy, I no longer find the RR competitive. I think it's way over priced, and not large enough. I'd pocket the $20K difference and buy a Soltice or something fun to throw around.
Old 02-11-2006 | 07:41 PM
I spend 2 much time here

that front is waaaaayyyyy too busy for my taste
Old 02-12-2006 | 10:33 PM
Pinky all stinky

Dang, side by side, the Caddy looks sooo much better.

Although for the interior, if it weren't for the gauges, I think the Lincoln's interior would've looked better. But those gauges just kill it, don't care if it's supposed to be retro.
Old 11-28-2006 | 11:17 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Navigator's chrome grille is in demand - - By AMY WILSON | AUTOMOTIVE NEWS - - Source: Autoweek

ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- The new chrome grille on the 2007 Lincoln Navigator is pingponging in popularity.

Lincoln originally planned to put a chrome finish on the entire grille, including a piece at the top of the grille described as a mustache. But then came feedback from dealers that the chrome was over the top.

So the Navigator team instead went with a body-colored mustache to tone down the chrome, chief engineer John Viera said at a press event here. A chrome applique was offered as part of option packages for customers who wanted more bling.

Dealers have ordered 50 percent in body color and 50 percent in chrome, Lincoln officials said.

But the chrome has proved surprisingly popular. In fact, it's in such demand that dealers are ordering the chrome applique as a $50 service part to retrofit Navigators already on their lots.

"It was kind of an interesting surprise that more customers than we were thinking were actually interested in the chrome applique on the mustache," Viera said.

The service part is now on back order. Lincoln is considering making the chrome mustache a stand-alone option so dealers can get the full chrome grille without having to order it as part of a package, Viera said.

"We have the ultimate flexibility," Viera said. "Rather than try to guess, let's go ahead and let the customer tell us what their preference is, and we can go ahead and adjust our packages on the fly."
Old 11-28-2006 | 02:13 PM
Pinky all stinky

No surprise there... more chrome to an already tacky face. I haven't seen a new Navigator anywhere.
Old 11-28-2006 | 03:04 PM
99 TL, 06 E350

Why don't we just bring back the huge chrome bumpers from the 60's and get it over with?

Last edited by Black Tire; 11-28-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2016 | 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2016 Lincoln Navigator Concept

Press release...

Lincoln today reveals the all-new Navigator Concept, introducing quiet luxury to full-size SUVs and offering a glimpse at what comes next for the brand’s best-known nameplate.

"The all-new Navigator Concept reinforces our commitment to give every Lincoln client what we call quiet luxury – vehicles and experiences that are elegant, effortlessly powerful and serene," said Kumar Galhotra, president of Lincoln. "This kind of quiet luxury sets Lincoln apart. Now, we're showing fans of large SUVs how we can exceed their expectations, without being the loudest statement on the road."

Lincoln invented the large luxury SUV in 1997, and now is reimagining Navigator for modern clients interested in better performance, more space and further refinement.

Lincoln's design team drew inspiration from luxury sailboats and yachts when designing the new concept. This influenced everything from the clean, modern lines and Storm Blue paint on the exterior that mimics the grays and blues of sea and sky, to the teak finishes, custom gear and wardrobe management system found inside.

Go-anywhere performance

The Navigator Concept is engineered to provide drivers peace of mind. It features a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 engine delivering more than 400 horsepower and smart new technologies to make this SUV even more sure-footed on different road surfaces and in changing weather conditions.

Drivers can choose several drive modes to improve ride and handling and to find the drive experience that best suits their mood – including steering, suspension and noise levels. Each mode is accompanied by a matching digital animation in the cluster.

Personal sanctuary

Navigator Concept provides the nameplate’s most spacious interior ever – a key want among buyers of large SUVs – delivered with a refinement that leapfrogs competitors

The leather-wrapped interior is rendered in a light blue. Six Lincoln-patented Perfect Position Seats adjust 30 ways to best support occupants’ different body types. The driver’s seat, for instance, includes independent deployable thigh supports for maximum comfort.

A custom wardrobe management system holds gear chosen for a day on the water, while Lincoln’s Revel audio system has been specifically tuned to create the highest level sound and visual quality.

All of this is accessed through power gullwing doors and deployable concertina steps. A special lighting sequence welcomes passengers for every journey – a signature Lincoln feature.

Easier, more connected driving, thanks to new technology

The Navigator Concept features Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, which uses radar and camera technology to scan the road ahead. If a collision risk with a vehicle or pedestrian is detected, the system provides a warning to the driver. If the driver does not respond in time, it automatically can apply up to full braking force to help reduce the severity of, or even eliminate, some frontal collisions.

Pre-Collision Assist can help drivers avoid rear end collisions with other vehicles at all speeds, while Pedestrian Detection can help the driver avoid pedestrians at lower speeds. Both systems can reduce the severity of forward collisions, or even prevent certain forward collisions.

A 360-degree camera and enhanced park assist features take the stress out of parking, exiting a parking spot and maneuvering. The system seamlessly integrates views from four cameras – creating an overhead image that allows drivers to see all around the vehicle.

On the road, a lane-keeping system vibrates the steering wheel to alert drivers they are straying from their lane and provides mild steering input to encourage them to steer back toward the center of the lane.

In the cabin, head restraint monitors provide passengers Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing them to wirelessly share music and content from personal devices.

For drivers, a large panel screen clearly displays key information. The display can be customized from a digital touch screen housed in the center stack.
Old 04-03-2016 | 11:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 04-03-2016 | 11:39 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

That thing looks hideous.
Old 04-04-2016 | 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Kill it now!
Old 04-04-2016 | 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

But, I want to see Mr. Alright-Alright-Alright do more commercials!
Old 04-04-2016 | 01:22 PM
Suzuka Master

oh that is so so terrible
Old 04-04-2016 | 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

@ the rear end. After taking a second, third and tenth look at it, the grill is ok and the front end overall is much better than what it is now and I like the side profile. Looks like a longer Range Rover.

Last edited by ggesq; 04-04-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-04-2016 | 01:36 PM
Pro

I can dig it. Slap some different wheels on it and a different color and it'll look pretty damn good.
Old 04-04-2016 | 01:44 PM
Team Owner

I think so too. Plus, those vertical doors would likely never make it to production anyway...
Old 04-04-2016 | 01:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TacoBello
I think so too. Plus, those vertical doors would likely never make it to production anyway...
Exactly, those doors would be a safety issue. Plus being how big they are you'd never be able to get out if you were in a parking lot, and you couldn't park it in a garage either because they come up so high
Old 04-04-2016 | 01:56 PM
Team Owner

No, not necessarily. Look at the Tesla model X, or whatever their SUV is called. It has the same doors.
Old 04-04-2016 | 01:57 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TacoBello
No, not necessarily. Look at the Tesla model X, or whatever their SUV is called. It has the same doors.
Does it really?? Fucking Tesla.... Always taking everything an extra step further other manufacturers won't take lol
Old 04-04-2016 | 07:21 PM
Team Owner

10 year old thread, that's about the last time Navigator was relevant, makes sense.
Old 04-12-2017 | 08:40 AM

2018 Navigator

https://www.netcarshow.com/lincoln/2018-navigator/

Lincoln introduces the 2018 Navigator, an all-new full-size SUV that combines modern luxury with advanced technology - elevating family travel to first class.

Wireless charging and standard Wi-Fi keep everyone connected. Advanced technology allows the driver to effortlessly adjust the vehicle to make driving easier or more enjoyable - in any weather or terrain. With more space for your belongings than any other large SUV, the all-new Navigator assures almost nothing is left behind.

"Quiet luxury is both a look and a feeling," says Kumar Galhotra, president, The Lincoln Motor Company. "The all-new Navigator embodies both. The sleek styling, spacious interior and technology are all designed to make each trip effortless."

Modern elegance

Lincoln Navigator's elegance is on display before the doors even open. Upon approach, the chrome Lincoln star logo on the grille softly illuminates. Then, LED lighting in the lower front body and taillamps subtly engages, and a luminous Lincoln welcome mat appears beneath the front doors.

At night, interior ambient lights sequentially illuminate each of the SUV's three rows. During the day, a panoramic roof fills the cabin with natural light.

A twin-turbo V6 engine projected to produce 450 horsepower provides smooth power whenever you need it, delivered through a 10-speed transmission. Navigator's lighter, high-strength aluminum-alloy body removes nearly 200 pounds, helping create a more refined ride.

Additional weight savings have been reinvested in features such as towing capability and quietness. For example, laminated front and side glass contributes to the quietest Navigator cabin ever.

The all-new Lincoln Navigator offers speed-dependent adaptive lighting, a new Lincoln technology that provides a wider spread of light at lower speeds for increased visibility - helpful when driving through residential areas. As the vehicle accelerates, the beam of light narrows to help eliminate the glare off signs or other distractions.

Beneath the sleek interior are inclination and intrusion sensors, which trigger an alarm if someone attempts to move or enter the vehicle.

Spacious, luxurious interior

Inside, spaciousness comes in all three rows, including storage in each to keep the cabin clean and organized. The all-new Navigator's advanced cargo management system offers an adjustable shelf behind the rear seats that allows clients to create storage customized to their needs. Even with the vehicle parked on an incline, the feature ensures groceries won't roll out when the liftgate is opened.

The interior layout is clean and uncluttered, with a simple, soothing ambience.

"When designing the Navigator, we put an emphasis on ultra-luxury touch points," says David Woodhouse, Lincoln design director. "We took everything the client would see and touch, and made sure it would look and feel a little more exuberant, a little more indulgent and incredibly beautiful."

Staying connected is easy in the all-new Lincoln Navigator with six USB ports, four 12-volt power outlets and a 110-volt plug. An available wireless phone charger in the first-row center console media bin eliminates tangled cords.

The client experience is further elevated through Lincoln's new Personal Profile. It uses the key fob to recall individual driver preferences for adapting seat, mirror and pedal positions, as well as climate control and entertainment settings.

For owners desiring a more personalized look, Navigator comes with three Lincoln Black Label options - an exclusive collection of interior design themes and materials, plus a host of membership privileges.

First-class seating for all

Even when the all-new Navigator is fully packed, each occupant can sit in comfort. The driver and front-seat passenger enjoy Perfect Position Seats, which offer massage, heating and cooling functionality, and can be adjusted up to 30 different ways.

Standard SYNC® 3 with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility enables clients to manage audio, phone, navigation and more from the vehicle touch screen or steering wheel-mounted controls. Second-row passengers have their own audio and climate control, while third-row seats feature power recline capability.

An available rear-seat entertainment system allows passengers to stream content wirelessly with an Android device to one of the 10-inch adjustable screens mounted on the rear of the front seats. Content also can be accessed through more traditional devices like an SD card, an HDMI cord or a USB, as well as through SYNC AppLink™, which permits the front-seat passenger to monitor and select viewing content.

Each screen can display different content, allowing a personalized entertainment experience for every passenger. Through Lincoln's agreement with Sling Media, those who own a Slingbox can access their TV channels on the go. The standard Wi-Fi allows for up to 10 mobile devices at a time to be connected.

Clients can enjoy available Revel® Ultima audio with 20 speakers that work in concert with Lincoln Navigator's interior design and acoustics. This transforms the cabin into a personal theater with three distinct listening modes - stereo, audience and on-stage.

Family-friendly technology

Navigator is designed to be intuitive and easy to use. A 12-inch configurable instrument cluster allows drivers to choose the information they want displayed. An available Head-Up Display can show selected information on the windshield instead of the instrument cluster. This helps drivers keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.

It's also easy to adjust to changing conditions. With the turn of a dial, the driver can adapt the Navigator to changing road or weather, and enjoy a smooth, confident ride.

Additional available technology includes:
  • Trailer Backup Assist, which automatically steers the vehicle to turn a trailer the desired amount - meaning less time required to perform the task. Lincoln Navigator is expected to deliver more towing capability than any other premium full-size SUV
  • 360-degree camera and enhanced park assist, which reduce stress from parallel and perpendicular parking. The system integrates views from four cameras to create an overhead image so the driver can see all around the vehicle
  • Adaptive cruise control, which automatically slows Navigator in stop-and-go traffic - resuming speed when traffic allows

Old 04-12-2017 | 08:41 AM

I'm sure it's a nice place to be, but it's in so many ways, IMO.
Really not a fan of the exterior styling, I think the new Expedition looks better. Nor do I like the push button 'shifter'
Old 04-12-2017 | 08:53 AM

wheels are hideous! great job, Acur....errr, Lincoln
Old 04-12-2017 | 09:30 AM
_

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
I'm sure it's a nice place to be, but it's in so many ways, IMO.
Really not a fan of the exterior styling,
It's not a great looking car, but if you cover up the wheels with your hands or something, it looks better. Can't believe someone at Lincoln actually thought that wheel design looked good.
Old 04-12-2017 | 09:32 AM
Currently Post-Acura

I know those seats are supposedly to be almost infinitely adjustable, but man do they remind me of the seats my friend's Caprice Classic had.
Old 04-12-2017 | 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by MaxMike93
I know those seats are supposedly to be almost infinitely adjustable, but man do they remind me of the seats my friend's Caprice Classic had.
i thought that's what they were doing? modelling after "Classic" cars from the past. the Continental seats look the same
Old 04-12-2017 | 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

I actually really really it. I think it looks incredibly sleek and lmao don't hate me but I actually really like those wheels. I never read anything about air suspension but I really hope it has one for both comfort and capability. Also hope the tow rating is around 9k pounds.

I only have 2 points of contention with the design, 1 is that the grille looks too long, they should have narrowed it slightly. Number 2 is those fugly looking seats. Holy shit they look abaolutely awful.

I am really excited to see the next gen MKC and MKX with Lincoln's version of SH-AWD (from the focus RS) and more powerful FI engines. Unlike Acura it did not take them 10 years to change from a hideous grille to what I think is a very attractive one (especially on the continental)

Quick Reply: Lincoln: Navigator News