Lexus: LC News

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:05 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
^^ If it is to compete with the SL, then I see Lexus cutting the price to make it more desirable.

The SL is a legendary vehicle....if both at the same price point, the Merc is gonna win just by having the star on the front.

Price it less, and Lexus will have a winner.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9,953 Likes on 5,135 Posts
what you're missing is that the LFA set the stage for this and any other such future Lexus cars. this is a 1-2 punch. at 100-150k, this car is a steal compared to the LFA.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ I might be wrong, but this is no supercar like the LFA.

This is a premium sportscar like an SL.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
^^ I might be wrong, but this is no supercar like the LFA.

This is a premium sportscar like an SL.
yeah, that's why it won't be $375k
Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ and that's why it will undercut the SL price. :wink:
Old 01-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I love me some Curry...!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
The new SL looks like shit I much rather drive this..!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
They could price it competitively with the SL and still move units, i think their efforts as of late and the LFA have set the stage for people to take Lexus seriously in this type of segment

They've happily priced the IS-F in league with its competitors as well.

You are certainly right though that the SL can and will move units based solely on the fact that it has alot of heritage behind it and a shiny three pointed star in front of it, but Lexus doesn't necessarily have to undercut it in price or beat it in sales to carve out it's own niche in this segment (SL, 911, XKR, M6)

Time will tell
Old 01-09-2012, 04:17 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

After weeks of internet speculation and photo leaks, Lexus has finally taken the wraps off the LF-LC concept, a dynamic hybrid coupe that hints at the design language Lexus will use for future vehicles.

“The concept we’re showing here in Detroit continues the Lexus design revolution started with the CT and GS,” said Mark Templin, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “The concept hybrid 2+2 liberates the idea of a sport coupe and pushes the boundaries of performance, style and technology.”

Created by the Lexus’ Calty design studio in Newport Beach, the LF-LC features a streamlined profile, plenty of curves and a bold interpretation of the company’s new signature spindle grille. An elongated hood, taillights shaped like jet afterburners and prominent side air intakes mark the car as a serious performance machine. An unusual lighting arrangement is highlighted by L-shaped daytime running lamps and vertical fog lamps that employ a fading dot matrix pattern to suggest a sense of movement.

The interior is a flowing mixture of organic shapes and advanced technology trimmed in wood, leather, suede and brushed metal. Two 12.3-inch touch screens control the audio system, climate controls and navigation, while the windows, mirrors, seat adjustments and entertainment settings are all activated by touch controls, too.

Perhaps the most striking aspect of the cabin, however, is the combination multi-level analog and LCD readout that sits in front of the driver, which features a central tachometer in addition in addition to secondary readouts relaying information about fuel level, temperature etc.

Lexus didn’t give details concerning what’s under the hood, simply saying that the LF-LC uses an advanced hybrid powertrain.

“This thought-provoking design exercise is a stunning expression of creativity,” said Templin. “Combined with a next-generation hybrid powertrain, this concept promises a rewarding driving experience that is also kinder to the environment.”
http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-lf-lc.html
Old 01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Old 01-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Op is too busy to care

looks pretty good from all angles but from the front, which looks like a rejected design for a norelco razor.

They will probably do a good job toning it down for its production form

tach:

Old 01-09-2012, 06:45 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
+1
Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
I read the Motor Trend feature from the latest issue featuring the LF-LC on the cover. In the entire 4 pages where they discuss the styling of the car, how they came up with the details, overall design, etc. they don't mention the word LF-A even ONCE or allude to its existence. It's really weird.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:42 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

So do we here at AZ just not care about this car or was it completely overshadowed in Detroit by the (possible) return of the NSX? Interested to hear from anyone who was there? Sly?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
Hellll no that is ugly. The side shot is good but the rear and front
Old 01-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Senior Moderator

ugh. I DO NOT like the taillights!
Originally Posted by Belzebutt
I read the Motor Trend feature from the latest issue featuring the LF-LC on the cover. In the entire 4 pages where they discuss the styling of the car, how they came up with the details, overall design, etc. they don't mention the word LF-A even ONCE or allude to its existence. It's really weird.
that is strange!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:55 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by dom
So do we here at AZ just not care about this car or was it completely overshadowed in Detroit by the (possible) return of the NSX? Interested to hear from anyone who was there? Sly?
I love it.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:57 PM

Received 5,883 Likes on 2,899 Posts
I dig it. I think many of us had already commented on the car in December.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I love it.
But you have shitty taste in automotive styling.

(may or may have not left out the red text on purpose.) I don't think its ugly, not great looking either but it just seems completely insignificant.

I'm still not seeing much if any coverage about this car compared to the NSX. Still wonder what it was like at the show.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Op is too busy to care

I care a tiny bit, I read the article also in road&track and it seemed as if the focus of the lf-lc was to serve as a springboard for the next generation of Lexus' styling. From what I remember they really spent the majority of it talking about the design and it's leaf inspired shape. Must have been an ugly leaf.

I see some nice lines here and there, and the rear 3/4 view is good, but damn is that front ugly. Rear aint too hot either.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by dom
But you have shitty taste in automotive styling.

(may or may have not left out the red text on purpose.) I don't think its ugly, not great looking either but it just seems completely insignificant.

I'm still not seeing much if any coverage about this car compared to the NSX. Still wonder what it was like at the show.
The NSX gets coverage ONLY because people can't believe that Honda is actually (knock on wood) going to finally build another NSX....after what seems to be forever.

On the surface the coverage for the NSX is laughable if you think about it.
It's vaporware on so many levels.

Props to Honda for bringing it back....but I'm not holding my breath for the final product.

Lexus putting out another great looking sport coupe to possibly be in the SL / 911 class = AWESOME. What's not to love.

Lexus is on a roll.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Honda Fanboy

^^^^
Old 01-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
I love the front and side profile, but the back looks droopy to me.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Honda Fanboy

The rear is hideous.

Reminds me of this:
Old 10-19-2012, 04:22 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Lexus LF-LC Blue Unveiled At Australian International Motor Show

Lexus Press Release

Lexus Reveals LF-LC Blue at 2012 Australian International Motor Show

KEY POINTS:
• Lexus reveals LF-LC Blue concept
• Concept leverages Project LFA with use of carbon fibre
• Debuts next generation Lexus Hybrid Drive with high energy battery pack
• New drivetrain develops 372kW
• Unique Opal Blue inspired by precious stone

SYDNEY, Australia, Oct. 18, 2012 – Australia Lexus has revealed the stunning LF-LC Blue concept at the Australian International Motor Show in Sydney. Clad in unique Opal Blue, it is the second version of the LF-LC, first debuted at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this year.

The all-new Opal Blue exterior is inspired by the lustrous base colour found in the naturally occurring semi-precious opal stone of outback Australia.

Beneath the blue skin LF-LC combines advanced technologies and materials with organic design, giving an insight into what the future of sports cars may hold. Central to the concept is a suite of advanced materials and technologies, including lightweight carbon fibre and the next generation of Lexus' industry-leading hybrid powertrain.

New to LF-LC and derived from project LFA, LF-LC leverages Lexus' extensive in-house experience in marrying carbon fibre and aluminium alloy materials to achieve a light body mass. The result is an extremely taut body that responds quickly and crisply to driver inputs – providing the perfect platform for the next-generation Lexus Hybrid Drive system.

Dubbed Advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive, the system features a powerful and efficient Atkinson cycle combustion engine which is mated to an advanced high-energy battery pack. The high-energy battery pack is designed to deliver greater power from a smaller battery than those currently used in Lexus' range of hybrid vehicles. Combined, the LF-LC Blue concept's petrol/electric hybrid powertrain develops 372kW (500hp) – the most of any Lexus hybrid.

Lexus Australia's Tony Cramb said that LF-LC Blue is a demonstration of what the future may hold for sports cars.

"For decades, Lexus has been synonymous with hybrid drivetrains, superior build quality, comfort and reliability," Cramb said. "With the LF-LC we now reinforce our design and technology credentials. The LF-LC is absolutely stunning. Its good looks mask some very exciting design and engineering innovations that will influence Lexus vehicles in the future.

"LF-LC is part concept, part reality: the concept hints at what's to come from Lexus, while the reality has us actively studying how we can engineer and build a vehicle like this in the future."

Supporting LF-LC's engineering feats is a stunning, technology-laden exterior and interior, clad in a new white and brown interior. Commanding the concept's bold front end are sculpted "L" shaped daytime running lights, vertical fog lamps and a fading dot matrix pattern to convey a sense of movement.

Continuing the sense of motion, LF-LC's side profile is commanded by deeply sculpted air intakes behind the doors. A wrap-around glass roof provides a panoramic view to the outside world while slicing through the air.

The concept car's glass roof features a lightweight, cantilevered pillar with a glass-to-glass junction inspired by modern architecture. LF-LC's dynamic lines are carried through to the rear deck, sculpturally integrating the spindle grille theme to complement the front of the vehicle while creating a unique sense of width. Tail lamps, inspired by a jet aeroplane afterburner, make use of inner lighting to create a remarkable sense of depth.

The rear is also fitted with fog lamps, repeating the fading dot matrix pattern of the front fog lamps. Visually, the integrated tail and fog lamps repeat the "L" shape and lead the viewer's eye down to the powerful Lexus quad exhaust.

The interior of the LF-LC concept contrasts the cool ambience of advanced technology with soft textures and organic shapes to create a driver-focused synergy of form and function. The cockpit expresses a feeling of both openness and security. The driver is enveloped by deeply scooped side panels and a high, curved console. The effect is to focus the driver zone on the controls and on the road.

Based on Lexus' commitment to creating an intuitive driving experience, the
LF-LC incorporates a remote touch-screen device that allows the driver to comfortably operate controls without shifting position or altering their line of sight.

Twin 12.3-inch LCD screens provide information and navigation display. Inputs come from a touch-screen control board piercing the swept centre console. The interface is used to control the audio system, climate controls and navigation, and features a pop-up touch-screen keyboard for more complex entries. Set directly in front of the driver, multi-level meters layer analogue and LCD technologies. The bottom layer displays temperature, fuel and the background for the Eco meter. The middle layer is the tachometer mechanical centre ring. The topmost layer provides indicators for the tachometer, speedometer and Eco meter.

Surfaces throughout the cabin are presented in a combination of smooth leather and suede, with brushed metal trim and wood accents. The lightweight, race-inspired front seats are formed of multiple layers and repeat the interlacing curves that define the cabin interior. The racing-style steering wheel is clad in lightweight carbon fibre and contains integrated controls and start button.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
I love this thing.....SEEEEEEEEEXY
Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

This this is stunning, and original.

BUILD IT!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 AM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
Is that ABP?
Old 10-22-2012, 02:28 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
While the body lines are all very svelte, the rear and the area in front of/around the headlights looks very strange. Looks like running mascara

The Lexus "spindle grille" has grown on me, but the chrome they slap on it just looks cheap.

I hope they seriously tone it down for the actual production car. should be fine, as that headlight area will most likely have a lens assembly around it.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:06 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Wink Santa

Lexus just announced a previously unheard of – and unthinkable – achievement by an automaker, or any other company for that matter: saving Christmas from being ruined for all the good boys and girls!

According to Lexus, Santa's reindeers bailed out on him to vacation in Hawaii through a last-minute travel deal. Santa contacted Lexus for help through his perception that the luxury carmaker delivers the best customer experience in the industry.

It was such a huge opportunity for Lexus that the company sprang into action. "We couldn't bear the thought of leaving the big guy high and dry. Our elves and engineers are proud to introduce the 'Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser,' or LFLC for short," said Lexus General Manager Mark Templin in a company press release.

The Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser has been tricked out with a few sweet features: advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive that gets 800 reindeerpower and creates fewer emissions than even a single reindeer; the safest sleigh ever with Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and Advanced Pre-Collision System that keeps grandma from getting run over; Lexus Navigation System with e-Destination to make the trip time efficient to deliver gifts to all the nice children; and a Lexus Enform with a Pandora playlist with all of Santa's favorite tunes.

I have some questions for Santa, which may be answered through the Lexus media representatives or sent to Santa's post office box at the North Pole...
How did you choose Lexus over its direct competitors – Mercedes Benz, BMW, Infiniti and Acura? I've heard a few good stories from customers of these brands getting top-of-the-line customer service. Was there a special Santa promotional incentive mailed to the North Pole by Lexus?
Are you going to keep the Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser for next year, in place of the sleigh and reindeer? You don't need reindeers to pull your Lexus, and it could be a violation of the reindeers' union contract and North Pole labor laws.
What fuels the Flying Cruiser? Gasoline or diesel? Jet fuel? Eggnog?
Lexus claims to offer you a lifetime warranty and 24-Hour Roofside Assistance. Do you and Mrs. Claus buy into that? It seems a bit lofty.
I will be looking out my window this Christmas eve. This, I gotta see!

Introduction of 'Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser' Saves the Day for Santa

Lexus assists Santa by creating a new sleigh – the Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser.

TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 19, 2012 – HO HO...UH OH! While surfing the internet awaiting their big night out, Santa's reindeer discovered a last-minute travel deal to spend the holidays in Hawaii and immediately departed for the tropics. In a panic, Santa called Lexus for help.

"I know Lexus delivers the best customer experience in the industry, so I called to see if they could help me out," said Santa. "I needed a self-propelled sleigh with every bell and whistle to complete my task of delivering toys to all the good boys and girls around the world."

"When we got the call from Santa, we immediately sprang into action," said Lexus General Manager Mark Templin. "We couldn't bear the thought of leaving the big guy high and dry. Our elves and engineers are proud to introduce the 'Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser,' or LFLC for short."

The new Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser features:
An advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive system with 800 reindeerpower which creates fewer emissions than even a single reindeer. It also features an EV mode to allow Santa to stealthily land on every rooftop
Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert to make Santa aware of any objects around him (like chimneys) to ensure safe maneuvering
Advanced Pre-Collision System to gauge if Santa is approaching an object too quickly in which case it will slow down and stop the Cruiser, helping prevent Grandma from getting run over
Lexus Navigation System with e-Destination so Santa can send all the addresses for the nice children to his Cruiser in advance.
Lexus Enform® with a Pandora® playlist that includes all Santa's favorite tunes from "Grinch Live from Whoville," "Frosty and the Snowmen" and the ever-popular band "Ebenezer and the Scrooges."
A large, red LED and infrared light with stereo cameras for the front of his sleigh so he can see on a foggy night without Rudolph.
Of course, the LFLC comes with a lifetime warranty and Lexus' 24-Hour Roofside Assistance for Santa and Mrs. Claus' peace of mind.

"I can't thank Lexus enough for making sure all the girls and boys around the world have a great Christmas," said Santa, with a twinkle in his eye. "You'll go down in history."
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Lexus LF-LF Going Into Production

http://wardsauto.com/management-amp-...ded-production

Lexus LF-LC Headed to Production

AUSTIN, TX – Lexus confirms the LF-LC concept car will enter production, a move long rumored since the rear-wheel-drive hybrid sport coupe was introduced to much fanfare at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

“That was (intended as) a concept car, and I think it surprised everybody, including us, when Japan said due to overwhelming response they decided to do it,” Brian Smith, Lexus’ vice president-marketing, tells WardsAuto at a recent media event here. “It’s a huge win.”

Smith declines to reveal details about the LF-LC, including when production will begin.

The concept was a studio-wide effort by Toyota's Newport Beach, CA-based designers to "advance the redefinition of Lexus with emotive, avant-garde beauty and advanced technology, yet remain within reach for premium buyers."

It’s unclear where the LF-LC will slot into Lexus’ lineup, although it likely will be built in limited numbers and priced above most of the brand’s mainstream products. It also is unknown if the production coupe will have a hybrid powertrain like the concept, as speculation has pegged the car as the successor to the non-hybrid, discontinued SC 430.

The GT Channel, a car enthusiast website, says the production car may be named the LC 550 and incorporate many of the concept’s design elements.

Even with the addition of the LF-LC, Smith says holes remain in Lexus’ lineup. Among models needed are more cross/utility vehicles, which are growing in popularity worldwide.

The Lexus RX currently is the only CUV in the luxury marque’s lineup. A number of auto makers, including Ford’s Lincoln division, have cited small CUVs as an area of growth in the luxury segment.

“In general, CUVs of any size are becoming a bigger force in the industry. So as we sell more products globally, I think that could lead to new products for us,” Smith says, declining to reveal details.

Smith says one of the brand’s two large body-on-frame SUVs, the GX and LX, could be converted to unibody platforms as the auto maker works to meet looming government-imposed fuel-economy regulations.

“In the future, if we could do a 3-row unibody (utility vehicle), I think that’s what consumers would want to see,” he says.

Smith says Lexus has no plans to introduce a diesel powertrain in the U.S., noting the auto maker is known for hybrids, which he considers a better fuel-economy solution.

Lexus’ European competitors are “sort of forced to go diesel because that’s where their skill set is,” he says. “And I think it still remains to be seen the acceptance of diesel in the U.S. It’s clearly improving, but hybrid is an easy sell.”

As for borrowing plug-in hybrid-electric vehicle technology from parent Toyota, Smith says it likely wouldn’t appeal to luxury consumers who want a no-compromise vehicle.

“For PHEVs, the target is somebody who drives shorter distances and wants to maximize the electric range, and I don’t think that’s where luxury is,” he says.

There currently are no plans for an entry-level non-hybrid car to slot in under the all-new ’14 IS sport coupe, although Smith says that remains a possibility if the market demands it. Lexus retails the compact hybrid hatchback CT 200h in the U.S.

Luxury competitors have been forced to offer entry-level vehicles to meet fuel-economy mandates, but Smith says Lexus, due to its grouping with Toyota and Scion, does not need such fuel-sippers.

However, he says Lexus will continue to monitor the trend toward small, entry-level luxury vehicles. And if there’s sufficient demand, “Lexus might go there someday.”
Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 03-28-2013, 05:59 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 5,883 Likes on 2,899 Posts
Originally Posted by srika

+1 Love this concept and hope the production one is closer to the concept than not.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
Love this fucking thing.

Amazing how Lexus went from white hair plain jane car maker to one of the more polarizing companies out there.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:27 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I hope they really dial it back for production. Keep the stance and body lines but make the headlights + tails sane looking. That protruding nose makes it hurt to look at.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:29 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ You really have odd taste in car designs.
Can I interest you in a "lovely" Acura? :winik:

This car is beautiful!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Senior Moderator

If the LFA is any indication, (and it is), the production model will be dialed back, but as a whole it won't look much different from this. One of the big changes will be that it won't be slammed. But that is obvious.

I wonder what engine they will put in it!! do we know??
Old 03-29-2013, 12:04 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ Probably 6-cyl + electric motor(s)
Old 03-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Senior Moderator

oh right.. hybrid...

Quick Reply: Lexus: LC News