Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks ALOT better now
Old 09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
Simple but needed change...amazing what a little tweaking can do in the looks department.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
the steering wheel change alone makes a huge difference. that old steering wheel looks like it was taken from a boat
Old 09-19-2010, 11:03 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Simple but needed change...amazing what a little tweaking can do in the looks department.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:19 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
A very simple change, that turned out to be a big improvement.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
I like how wrong your definition of "little" seems to be. Here's what I think you should have said:

Originally Posted by SarlaccFIXED
Simple but needed change...amazing what a massive overhaul can do in the looks department.
unless you were talking about the exterior only....

Last edited by AsianRage; 09-20-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,652 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Post 2012 Jeep Wrangler Arctic

Press release...

In order to highlight the most adventurous soul and the legendary 4x4 capability of the iconic Jeep Wrangler, Jeep introduces in Frankfurt the all-new Arctic special-edition model.

The grueling and demanding environments of the arctic offer the type of terrain the legendary Jeep Wrangler was engineered to conquer. Based on the Jeep Wrangler Sahara model, the Arctic’s winter theme is immediately recognizable. The new special edition features exclusive styling cues. The Arctic badge and decal recall the Yeti, the legendary creature that according to folk tradition lives in the uncontaminated nature of the extreme North.

With unique black 17-inch wheels, original Mopar® accessories and an exclusive interior enhanced by distinctive colors and details, Jeep Wrangler Arctic is powered by the new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 petrol engine matched with the automatic five-speed transaxle or by the 2.8-liter turbo diesel powertrain paired with a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission.

The new Arctic model will be introduced in European Jeep dealerships in the first quarter of 2012 and will be available for Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Post 2012 Jeep Wrangler Dragon Design Concept

Press release...

• Jeep Wrangler "Dragon"design concept blends two powerful icons
• Jeep brand portfolio on display reflects presence in three core SUV segments for China market

Today, the Jeep® brand introduced the Jeep Wrangler "Dragon" design concept at the 2012

Beijing International Automotive Exhibition. The concept integrates two icons together in one: the Wrangler, as the off-road icon of the Jeep brand, and the honored Chinese dragon. Belief holds that both possess incredible capabilities, making them a perfect combination.

According to the Chinese Zodiac, this is the Year of the Dragon, which is held with high regard in Chinese culture. The dragon symbolizes strength and power and is an aspirational character normally associated with royalty and good fortune. It was these characteristics that inspired the upscale design of the Jeep Wrangler Dragon concept.

"The Jeep brand is committed to China and therefore we must design and tailor our vehicles to the specific tastes and preferences of Chinese consumers," said Mike Manley, Chief Operating Officer for Asiaand President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "The Wrangler Dragon design concept is the first Jeep vehicle designed specifically with Chinese elements in mind and showcases the opportunity for special editions that might be available for China in the near future."

Jeep Wrangler Dragon Design Concept

The Jeep Wrangler Dragon design concept is based on a China-market Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon painted black with a black body-color three-piece hard top. From there, the designers incorporated numerous bronze-gold details – a color associated with the dragon. These bronze-gold details can be found inside the front grille slats, headlamp surrounds and Jeep badging front and rear.

The unique 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels are matte black with a bronze-gold high-gloss outer edge and feature 35-inch off-road tires. Other bronze-gold touches include a pad-printed engine cover, bolts for the fuel-filler door and the taillamp assembly, a Chinese dragon character side badge and wheel center caps.

The exterior also has black highlights such as painted fenders, a gloss-black applique on the front bumper, and a tone-on-tone dragon decal that starts on the hood and runs down the driver's side of the vehicle. There is also a dragon motif on a unique carbon-fiber insulator mounted under the hood and on the gloss-black spare tire cover. Final exterior touches include a Mopar® fuel-filler door and a black-finish LED exterior lighting package that features aftermarket projector headlamps, fog lamps, turn lamps and taillamps.

Moving to the interior, the black and bronze-gold theme continues with black leather seating surfaces with bronze-gold accent piping and stitching. Magic Wand metallic leather is on the side bolsters and the sides of the head restraints, while a laser-etched dragon pattern is on the face of the head restraints. Dragon-scale patterned bronze-gold leather covers the outside edges of the seats and front center arm rest.

Other interior touches include high-gloss piano black instrument panel bezels, bronze-gold accent trim on the steering wheel spokes, instrument cluster, passenger-side dashboard grab handle and door handles,and gold accent stitching on the leather-wrapped door bolsters. Finishing the interior modifications are dragon tags on the front and rear floor mats.

Chinese dragons symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rain and winds and their more severe weather phenomena. Dragons are symbols of the natural world, adaptability and transformation – divine creatures capable of doing anything.

While debuting as a design concept at the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition, the Jeep Wrangler Dragon could become a production model if demand is great enough.

Jeep Wrangler for 2012 in China

Jeep Wrangler – the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world – becomes even more capable both on- and off-road for 2012, courtesy of an all-new, more fuel-efficient and more powerful 3.6-liter V-6 engine, as well as a new automatic transmission – both of which it shares with the award-winning Jeep Grand Cherokee (In Europe, Jeep Wrangler is also powered by a 2.8-liter turbo diesel engine).

Chrysler Group's 3.6-liter Pentastar® V-6 engine – winner of the prestigious Ward's 10 Best Engines award in the U.S. – delivers 284 horsepower DIN (209 kW)and 347 N•m (256 lb.-ft.) of torque. The improvement, when compared to the previous 3.8-liter V-6 engine, is over 40 percent in horsepower and 10 percent in torque.

2012 Jeep Wrangler interior highlights include a recently redesigned instrument panel and storage areas with improved ergonomics and upgraded materials. A lockable console and upgraded door armrest areas boast comfortable touch points, while a redesigned center stack is easier to reach and operate. Heated power mirrors are available, and drivers and passengers enjoy enhanced visibility courtesy of larger rear windows.

Jeep Brand in China

The Jeep brand lineup in China currently includes the Grand Cherokee, Compass, Patriot and Wrangler – a portfolio that has been well suited to the brand's Chinese customers. Jeep brand sales in China in 2011 increased 81 percent over the prior year, and China is the Chrysler Group's most important market outside North America.

Last year, more Jeep vehicles were sold in China than in any other country besides the U.S. and Canada, and Jeep sales have been steadily growing in this critical market over the past five years.
Jeep Brand Globally

Built on more than 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.

For 2011, Jeep brand's worldwide sales increased by 41 percentversus 2010. Jeep was the Chrysler Group's top-selling brand outside North America, rising by 46 percent versus the prior year and comprising 63 percent of Chrysler Group's total international sales.

Chrysler Group LLC manages vehicle marketing, sales and service – together with alliance partner Fiat Group – in more than 120 countries around the world.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
I love the automakers pandering to the Chinese with all these "dragon" models.

It's a bit embarrassing.....as if to think all Chinese people want vehicles with dragons all over them, or red interiors that look like a cheap U.S. Chinese restaurant booth seating.

I wonder if the Chinese, when they begin selling vehicles in the states will have crazy red white and blue versions with American flags everywhere and eagles embroidered into the leather seats...
Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
Since its the year of the dragon I kind of understand where they were going with it.

But I do find it cheesy and gaudy.

But what if the tables were turned...

"We make you Captain-o America edition"
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S

It's a bit embarrassing.....as if to think all Chinese people want vehicles with dragons all over them, or red interiors that look like a cheap U.S. Chinese restaurant booth seating.

I wonder if the Chinese, when they begin selling vehicles in the states will have crazy red white and blue versions with American flags everywhere and eagles embroidered into the leather seats...
yea WTF is going on with that
Old 04-26-2012, 03:31 AM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S

Just be thankful you haven't seen jade buttons or mother of pearl trim yet.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition

Press release...

For more than seven decades, Jeep® vehicles have defined the benchmark in rugged capability and utility. The most recognized of these vehicles has long been and still is the Jeep Wrangler, which has always provided an unmatched level of freedom resulting from the ability to traverse any trail, anywhere.

Ten years ago, for the 2003 model year, Jeep dramatically raised the bar in off-road capability with the introduction of the Wrangler Rubicon model. Named after one of the most grueling off-road trails in the world, the Rubicon models were the most extreme Wranglers ever produced. The 2005 model year saw the introduction of the Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited that brought more utility to the Rubicon’s quickly established off-road credentials. Over the last 10 years, the Wrangler Rubicon has won numerous prestigious awards including Four Wheeler magazine’s “4x4 of the Decade” honor for its unmatched level of all-around capabilities.

Fast forward to the 2013 model year, with Jeep Wrangler setting sales records and the wildly popular Jeep Wrangler Rubicon turning 10 years young. To celebrate, Jeep is introducing a new, limited-production 2013 Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition. It is the most capable factory-produced Jeep Wrangler ever, packed with equipment die-hard off-road enthusiasts love.

“The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition is a tribute to 10 years of Wrangler Rubicon history, and to the Jeep brand’s most passionate enthusiasts,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “This Wrangler Rubicon is for them. It is a unique vehicle that we expect will long be sought after, a Wrangler that offers an unprecedented level of capability once only attainable by long hours of custom aftermarket preparation crafted in the garages of the most avid Jeep enthusiasts in the world.

“Now, to celebrate the Wrangler Rubicon’s 10th Anniversary, Jeep has created a stunning new example of the Wrangler, available with a striking red leather interior, and a host of standard off-road equipment seen for the first time on a production vehicle,” Manley added.

The 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicion 10th Anniversary edition will arrive in showrooms in the spring of 2013.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition

Available as a two-door Wrangler or four-door Wrangler Unlimited, the Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition is the most capable Wrangler ever produced. Based on the Rubicon model, it is available with a standard six-speed manual or available five-speed automatic transmission mated to a Pentastar 3.6-liter V-6 engine producing 285 horsepower and 260 ft.-lbs. of torque. The Jeep part-time four-wheel-drive system has electronic-locking front and rear Dana 44 axles that receive power through a Rock-Trac transfer case with a “4-Low” ratio of 4:1. A 4.10 axle ratio front and rear is also standard as are Tru-Lok locking differentials. With a six-speed manual transmission, the Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition has an impressive crawl ratio of 73.1:1 that makes it a breeze to negotiate any obstacle.

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition has many exclusive features that make it distinctive, as well as the most off-road capable Wrangler in history. A one-half inch increase in ride height versus the standard Rubicon model provides the BF Goodrich KM2 265/70R17 tires more room to claw at rugged terrain. The tires are mounted on 17-inch Rubicon aluminum wheels painted satin black with polished faces and a red Jeep Wrangler “icon” logo on the outside lip.

Black front and rear steel off-road bumpers toughen up the exterior, with the front bumper featuring removable end caps and a winch-capable design. These removable end caps help the Wrangler climb obstacles without hindrance, and reduce the damage potential to the bumper system. A dual-intake Power Dome hood helps aid in engine cooling and gives Wrangler a more menacing appearance. Red tow hooks adorn the front and rear, and Mopar rock rails give added protection from trail damage. Mopar also supplies the black fuel filler door and tail lamp guards. “10th Anniversary” badging on the fenders and a red-silhouette “Rubicon” decal on the sides of the hood add the finishing touches on the exterior.

The Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition comes standard with a Premium Sunrider soft top and is available with a black three-piece Freedom hard top or body-color hard top. Available exterior colors for the Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition are Billet Silver, White and 10th Anniversary Edition-exclusive Anvil.

The interior has many special touches as well. Striking red leather seats with “Rubicon 10th Anniversary” embroidered into the front seat backs grab attention at first glance. Red stitching adorns the leather-wrapped steering wheel and the center console. A unique gauge cluster features a “10th Anniversary” signature and also features a premium Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) with various read-outs such as oil pressure, oil temperature and tire pressure. The passenger grab handle includes a “Rubicon 10th Anniversary” badge and features Quick Silver accents that are also found on the vent rings, steering wheel spokes and door pulls.

Final design touches include Mopar slush mats, unique axle locker and sway-bar disconnect switches and a plaque mounted in the dash tray that features the vehicle’s technical data, such as axle type and ratio, tire size, transfer case crawl ratio and manufacturer location.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I love me some Curry...!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
wow...... I love the whole thing even the red works
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Pinky all stinky

I especially love the red
Old 12-04-2012, 12:28 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Is it weird that I want one? Must be the non-existent red neck in me.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 AM
I love me some Curry...!

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Is it weird that I want one? Must be the non-existent red neck in me.
I kind of feel the same way but I want to take the doors off and take my two sons to the beach
Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by wassystyle
I kind of feel the same way but I want to take the doors off and take my two sons to the beach
LOL too much time around those piece of shit humvees and the whiskey tango Alabama boys makes you want to buy a truck. Not to mention the subscriptions to 4x4 mags you get on deployment
Old 12-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I love me some Curry...!

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
LOL too much time around those piece of shit humvees and the whiskey tango Alabama boys makes you want to buy a truck. Not to mention the subscriptions to 4x4 mags you get on deployment
you got me hahahahahah I have until mid april then I'm done with this place. A year of my life gone
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by wassystyle
you got me hahahahahah I have until mid april then I'm done with this place. A year of my life gone
I feel your pain, twice in the sandbox was more than enough for me. I passed on an E-5 package with this "killer" re-up deal a few years ago lol.

Stay frosty devil dog.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Post 2014 Jeep Wrangler Polar Edition

Press release...

In order to highlight the most adventurous soul and legendary 4x4 capabilities of the iconic Jeep Wrangler, the new limited-edition, customised Wrangler Polar model will be revealed on the Jeep stand in Frankfurt in the four-door Wrangler Unlimited configuration, and will boast an all-new Hydro Blue exterior colour matched to a Black interior.

On the heels of the success of recently launched – and sold out – limited-edition customisations of Jeep Wrangler, this new special model sports a unique trim level dedicated to all those enthusiasts searching for adventure and absolute performance in extreme driving conditions. Featuring exclusive styling cues, 18” Gloss Black alloy wheels, body-colour hardtop and original Mopar® accessories, the new Jeep Wrangler Polar will be available in Europe in the first quarter of 2014, in both two- and four-door versions, powered by the brilliant 2.8-litre turbo diesel or the powerful 3.6-litre petrol engine.

Jeep Wrangler Polar takes its cue from the severe climate and extreme conditions that characterise the Antarctic region. The "Polar" badge located on the vehicle’s side next to the front fender flares shows off the 78° S and 106° E coordinates that correspond to the location of Vostok in Antarctica: the exact point where the absolute severest temperature in the world was recorded at -89.2° C (-128.56° F).

Thus the theme of winter that in the past inspired the creation of highly appreciated special series now returns in the making of this new special-edition model. The winter theme is what lies behind the choice of the Wrangler Polar’s unique styling cues suggesting class-leading capabilities and the use of distinctive interior colours and details that recall features from the Antarctic region.

The new Jeep Wrangler Polar was designed to express the freedom of going beyond the known limits to venture into unexplored territories: an experience that only Wrangler enthusiasts can enjoy, thanks to the reliability and safety granted by a vehicle featuring benchmark technology and unmatched off-road expertise achieved in more than seventy years of history. With its hostile routes and severe climate, the Antarctic region offers the driving conditions that the iconic Jeep Wrangler was engineered to conquer.

Based on the Jeep Wrangler Sahara model, the exterior of the new Wrangler Polar boasts unique features that contribute to distinguish it aesthetically from all the other models in the Jeep lineup. First of all, the new front grille, featuring unique Gloss Black accents on the lamp throats, and the new hard spare-tyre cover are both new styling cues introduced specifically for this limited-edition model. Further exterior appointments characterizing the Wrangler Polar are the Powerdome hood and the body-colour hardtop with deep-tint sunscreen glass. A Gloss Black Jeep logo above the front grille and Gloss Black 18" alloy wheels enhance the distinctive look of the vehicle. Completing the exterior appointment of the new Jeep Wrangler Polar special-edition model is the unique, three-colour hood decal, featuring the outline of mountains, and the black fuel-filler door from Mopar.

The interior features Black leather seats enhanced by Pearl White accent stitching and “Polar” logo embroidered on the upper portion of the backrests. Standard equipment also includes heated front seats and a black leather-wrapped steering wheel with Pearl White stitching and high-gloss Ceramic White painted bezels. Pearl White accent stitching is found also on the armrests and floor console lid. The passenger-side dashboard grab bar and dashboard vent rings are finished in high-gloss Ceramic White to create the contrasting effect of the light on Antarctic glaciers.

The exclusive cabin of the Jeep Wrangler Polar special edition also features an all-new cluster overlay with rings painted high-gloss Ceramic White and surrounding a blue instrument background with “Polar” logo. Mopar tread-pattern slush mats complete the interior appointments of the new Wrangler Polar.

In addition to the all-new Hydro Blue colour that adds to the unique look of the vehicle displayed in Frankfurt, the Jeep Wrangler Polar special-edition model is also available in Billet Silver Metallic and Bright White exterior colours.
Engineered to take on the most challenging off-road trails, Jeep Wrangler Polar is equipped with the Dana 30 front axle and powerful Dana 44 rear axle. Legendary Wrangler capability is achieved through the standard Command-Trac NV241 part-time, two-speed transfer case with a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio. In order to handle any off-road track in utmost safety, the new Wrangler Polar model comes standard with the Trac-Lok anti-spin rear differential. This particular differential replaces the manual rear-axle locker and is a torque-sensitive mechanical unit that works to maintain traction when travelling on slippery or rough road surfaces, such as on sand, gravel, snow or ice. Trac-Lok automatically distributes the available torque to the rear wheel with the most traction, thus helping to reduce wheel spin caused by lack of traction in the other rear wheel.

The standard equipment for on-board comfort includes automatic climate control, leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated controls, heated front seats, height-adjustable driver seat, Electronic Vehicle Information Centre (EVIC) and cruise control.

Optional equipment available on Jeep Wrangler Polar is the Dual Top configuration that offers the possibility to have both the Sunrider® soft top and the Freedom TopTM hardtop options in one package. A further optional feature is the Polar Pack 1 special package offering front side air bags, UConnectTM multi-media infotainment and navigation system with 6.5-inch touchscreen, 40-gigabyte hard disk, USB compatibility, AUX port and DVD player.

The new limited-edition model will be powered by the efficient 2.8-litre turbo diesel engine matched to an automatic or manual transmission, or by the 3.6-litre V-6 petrol engine paired to the automatic gearbox. The 2.8-litre CRD engine delivers 200 hp (147 kW) of power at 3,600 rpm and 460 Nm of torque at 1,600 – 2,600 rpm when paired to the five-speed automatic transmission. On models with a six-speed manual gearbox, the 2.8-litre engine delivers 200 hp and 410 Nm of torque at 2,600 – 3,200 rpm. The 3.6-litre V-6 petrol engine of the Wrangler range, available in selected markets on this special series in addition to the 2.8-litre CRD engine, delivers 284 hp (209 kW) and 347 Nm of torque and is paired to the five-speed automatic transmission.

For more than seventy years, the Jeep brand has been the benchmark for an entire category of vehicles in terms of performance and versatility. Jeep Wrangler has been and remains the most famous model in the Jeep range worldwide. A brand icon, Wrangler has always been able to ensure its customers a unique degree of freedom thanks to its ability to master the most extreme off-road trails in utmost safety.

With a 52 cm longer wheelbase and a larger cabin that can comfortably accommodate five passengers, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is the evolution of the classic Wrangler. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited combines the exceptional Jeep off-road capabilities with the comfort and versatility of an everyday car, turning the off-road champion into a four-door 4x4 convertible.

Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited are available in the Sport, Sahara and Rubicon trim levels and are all powered by the 2.8-litre turbo diesel Common-Rail engine featuring Stop/Start technology. The 3.6-litre V-6 petrol engine is available only on the Sahara model of both Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited.

The Jeep Stand in Frankfurt

Jeep brand is in Frankfurt to confirm its vocation as an all-terrain brand and its being a point of reference in terms of personality, comfort and technology. Located inside Hall 6, the 770-square-metre exhibition area shows the multiple terrains where Jeep vehicles can express their character: in the city as well as on extreme off-road trails. Everything on the stand is an expression of power and refinement. The dunes, outlined through the modern resin pavement that distinguishes the corner of the new Jeep Wrangler Polar special edition-model, suggest the extraordinary off-road capabilities of the iconic Wrangler. The building located in the background of the stand and the three columns in its middle ideally reproduce the skyline of a contemporary US metropolis in order to pay tribute to the American origin of the brand and to highlight the ability to be a protagonist also in the city.

The new Jeep Grand Cherokee stands out in the centre of an area set up as a living room and finished with an elegant hardwood flooring that expresses classic harmony and modernity at the same time. Completing the range and emphasising the combination between off-road capabilities and urban vocation, the refreshed 2014 Jeep Compass is showcased in the centre of the stand.

On a large screen placed on the stand’s background wall, videos will show the public the newest features and technological content recently introduced on the Jeep models. A dedicated area of the stand will host the merchandising corner where visitors can buy the exclusive accessories and apparel of the Jeep lifestyle collection.

Alongside the new Jeep Wrangler Polar special-edition model, the stand will host the 2014 Jeep line-up available to date. In a space enhanced by the welcoming and refined atmosphere of a living room, the public will be able to get to know the new Jeep Grand Cherokee, the brand’s flagship displayed in its top-of-the-range Summit trim level and boasting a Deep Auburn exterior and refined Grand Canyon Brown Natura Plus leather interior. The Grand Cherokee Summit model will be showcased beside the elegant Grand Cherokee Overland, featuring a White exterior and Indigo Blue Vesuvio interior and customised with exclusive accessories created by Mopar - the Fiat and Chrysler Group division in charge of Parts & Service and Customer Care – including a retractable trailer hitch, cargo area liner and door sill guard with illuminated Jeep logo.

Both Grand Cherokee models are powered by the 3.0-litre V-6 turbo diesel engine fitted with MultiJet II technology and producing 250 hp (184 kW) and 570 Nm of torque.

A dedicated corner of the stand will present to the public the high-performance Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT model. The most powerful and high-speed Jeep vehicle ever boasts a Deep Cherry Red exterior and a Sepia colour Laguna leather interior. Equipped with the powerful HEMI® 6.4-litre V-8 engine producing 468 hp (344 kW) at 6,250 rpm and 624 Nm of torque at 4,100 rpm and featuring Fuel Saver technology for reduced fuel consumption and emissions, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT achieves performance of absolute reference: 0-100 km/h in 5 seconds, top speed of 257 km/h, braking from 100-0 km/h in 35 metres.

Two 2014 versions of the legendary Jeep Wrangler will be displayed in the area of the stand where the special resin-treated pavement with beige colouring creates the particular effect of dunes. The elegant four-door Wrangler Unlimited Sahara model, powered by the 2.8-litre turbo diesel engine producing 200 hp, is showcased in Billet Silver and features a body-colour hardtop and Black leather interior. The second Wrangler vehicle is the Rubicon – the most extreme and capable off-road vehicle in the Wrangler range – and is displayed in the two-door version showing off a Flame Red exterior, Black interior and a special Mopar customization.

In order to add a ‘specialized’ look to the Rubicon trim level of the iconic Wrangler, the ‘Moparized’ Wrangler Rubicon model features a light bar, satin black rock rails and a half door kit with mirrors. Also the cabin boasts a special Mopar customization resulting from the application of a special trim kit including Flame Red interior bezels. Fully painted mid Gloss Black 17" alloy wheels, body-coloured spare-tyre cover, sun bonnet and Black fuel filler door with Jeep logo complete the look of the ‘Moparized’ Rubicon model displayed on the Jeep stand, further enhancing the unique personality of the iconic Wrangler.

Equipped with front and rear Dana 44 axles, Wrangler Rubicon’s unmatched off-road capabilities are achieved through the Jeep part-time four-wheel-drive system that receives power through a Rock-Trac NV241 two-speed transfer case with a 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio, as well as through Tru-Lock electronic front- and rear-axle lockers and the electronic-disconnecting front stabilizer bar – called the Active Sway Bar System – for additional wheel travel when traversing the toughest trails.

Lastly, two 2014 Jeep Compass vehicles will be hosted in the centre of the Jeep stand in Frankfurt. The compact SUV of the Jeep range, recently refreshed and launched as a 2014 model year on the European market last summer, will be displayed in its top-of-the-range trim level, the Limited, equipped with the efficient 2.2-litre turbo diesel engine delivering 163 hp (120 kW). A Brilliant Black exterior combined with new Saddle Brown leather interior will deck out the Compass model in the Frankfurt spotlights, featuring also a molded cargo tray and a stainless door sill kit with Compass logo, both from Mopar. A Granite Crystal bodywork with Dark Slate Gray leather interior will characterise the second Limited vehicle of the compact Jeep SUV on display on the Jeep stand.

Through illustrative materials and dedicated publications handed out at the stand, visitors will be introduced to the products of FGA Capital, a finance company specialising in the automotive sector. The finance company is operative in all the major European markets, and in Germany with FGA Bank, with only one mission: to support the sales of all Fiat Group Automobiles brand vehicles by offering innovative financial products with high added-value services targeted to the dealership network, private customers and companies.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
It blows my mind that Wranglers are $40k now.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
and what do you think about a $50k+ 4-cylinder 3-series?

Even a Tacoma can approach $40k.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Post 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition

Press release...

The roots of America’s love affair with Jeep® can be traced to World War II, as the one-of-a-kind vehicle dutifully served the U.S. military with its durability and ruggedness. The affinity for Jeep gained traction as the first civilian Jeep (“CJ”) vehicles – the Willys-Overland CJ-2A – reached the public in 1945. The CJ-2A, and successor CJ-3A, was immortalized for its go-anywhere capability and strictly functional amenities.

Beginning early next year, when the new 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition arrives in Jeep showrooms, customers can connect with the original Jeep vehicle’s rugged and purely functional capability. The latest Wrangler special edition makes its debut at the 2013 Los Angeles International Auto Show.

“The new Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition is a Jeep purist’s dream, delivering a Jeep vehicle that harkens back to the original, classic CJs of the 1940s,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “This new Jeep vehicle delivers pure functionality and rugged capability in a unique package that recognizes the origins of the brand.”

Based on the Wrangler Sport model, the Willys Wheeler Edition features upgraded hardware, including a Dana 44 rear axle with Trac-Lok® limited-slip rear differential and 3.73 gears, BF Goodrich KM Mud Terrain LT255/75R17 tires, rock rails and a new Jeep Trail Rated Kit that includes a D-Ring, tow strap and gloves in a Jeep-branded bag. This works with the Jeep Command-Trac 4x4 part-time, two-speed transfer case with a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio to give the Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition its improved off-road chops.

Special exterior design cues include a gloss black grille with black Jeep badge, gloss black front and rear bumper appliques, historic satin black “4 Wheel Drive” rear tailgate decal and “Willys” hood decals and unique high-gloss black 17-inch aluminum wheels. The Willys Wheeler Edition comes standard with a Sunrider soft top and deep-tint sunscreen rear windows. A premium Sunrider soft top and black-splatter Freedom Top are available.

Willys Wheeler Editions feature the Connectivity Group with SiriusXM satellite radio, and Sport S-based models have the Power Convenience Group and Premium Tire Pressure Monitoring System as standard. Jeep Wrangler’s iconic half doors are an option.

The 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition features the award winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine that produces 285 horsepower and 260 ft.-lbs. or torque. It is available with a standard six-speed manual or an available five-speed automatic transmission, and delivers up to 21 miles per gallon on the highway.

Available in any Jeep Wrangler color, the Willys Wheeler Edition has a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail price (MSRP) of $25,795 for two-door models and $29,595 for Unlimited (four-door) models. The 2014 Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited are built at the Toledo Supplier Park in Toledo, Ohio. -
Old 11-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Old 11-20-2013, 10:47 AM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
It may be a little gimmicky, but I dig the return of the "Willys" name for a special hard-core off-road Jeep.

Last edited by ttribe; 11-20-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I can't believe how expensive Wranglers have become.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
I can't believe how expensive Wranglers have become.
You can still get one for $22,300... if you don't really want AC or any options!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:41 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Received 266 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe
It may be a little gimmicky, but I dig the return of the "Willys" name for a special hard-core off-road Jeep.
It's ashame that a majority of the features are cosmetic. A majority of the Wrangler "special" editions are all just glorified Sports (minus the 10A) for mall crawlers.

It could be much better if they based it off a rubicon.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sundancer Concept

The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (11-07-2016)
Old 04-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Press release...

For the Beijing Show, Jeep designers combined the legendary capability of the Jeep Wrangler with a touch of sophistication – and a sense of fashion – to create the Jeep Wrangler Sundancer.

The design concept is painted a tri-coat Chocolate Brown metallic color with gold accents. The fender flares feature a unique Golden Bronze tone-on-tone ghosted pattern, and the windows also have bronze tinted glass.

The unique front and rear bumpers are equipped with linear LED lighting and have been painted a tri-coat Chocolate Brown metallic color coupled with Golden Bronze accent inserts to match the exterior. Completing the Jeep Wrangler Sundancer’s impactful exterior appearance are 20-inch pale gold billet aluminum wheels with polished gold inserts, and a unique multi-piece billet aluminum fender badge.

The Wrangler Sundancer’s interior features Axis II perforated seat inserts and exclusive Berry Baltique Semi-Aniline leather, the same leather found in the most luxurious labels in fashion. The door panels and upper instrument panel are wrapped in premium leather and hand sewn provocateur lace stitching can be found on the outer deck seam, steering wheel and center lid console. The gold color scheme from the exterior continues into the interior, with new ‘Gold Rush’ interior paint on the door handles, steering wheel bezel, grab handle, gear shifter trim ring bezels and sill plates.

Finishing touches to the interior include Romina premium leather trimmed/wrapped floor mats.

The Jeep Wrangler lineup in China currently includes the Sport, Sahara and the Rubicon model on which the Jeep Wrangler Sundancer design concept is based. Jeep Wranglers in China are fitted with 3.6L V-6 Pentastar petrol engines, or 3.0L V-6 Pentastar petrol engines.

In 2012, a previous special version of the Jeep Wrangler, the Wrangler Dragon, debuted at the Beijing Show as a design concept and is now being produced and sold not only in China but also in markets such as the U.S., Australia and Puerto Rico.

Nearly 800,000 people attended the Beijing Motor Show in previous years.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2016 Jeep CJ66

Press release...

Take a Jeep Wrangler TJ frame, hang a 1966 Jeep Wrangler CJ universal Tuxedo Park body on it, add in Wrangler JK elements and fuel it with new Mopar-powered products set to be revealed later on Tuesday at the Mopar SEMA press event, and you’ve got the Jeep CJ66. The unique cocktail of three Jeep vehicle generations demonstrates that new Mopar power applications are also available for those more at home on the trail than the street.

The narrow-bodied Jeep CJ66 harnesses horsepower with a six-speed manual transmission. A Mopar engine cover shelters the powerplant and a Mopar cold-air intake and Mopar cat-back exhaust bump up off-road performance a notch or two. Front and rear Mopar Dana 44 Crate axles help the Wrangler easily crawl over rocks and boulders.

The painted, Copper Canyon-colored body pops, riding high on giant 35-inch BFG all-terrain tires paired with a two-inch lift kit. The BFGs are wrapped around functional, Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) 17-inch beadlock wheels that assist the rubber in negotiating the off-road, with custom beadlock rings painted to match the body color. A concept two-way air system allows off-roaders to quickly air up or air down tires to the desired pressure. Oversized, concept fender flares offer defense against trail obstacles at the front and rear, with added protection delivered by Mopar 10th Anniversary Wrangler JK Rubicon Bumper Kits, JPP skid and front bumper plates and concept JPP rock rails custom cut to fit the Wrangler CJ body.

The Copper Canyon skin is highlighted on both sides with a custom matte-black CJ66 graphic stripe that runs along the side of hood. The concept hood, bezel and latch are also colored matte black, along with the iconic seven-slot Jeep grille and bezels of the Wrangler JK headlamps. Mopar LED amber fog lamps and a Mopar Warn winch, with a fair lead adapter to guide the winch cable, augment the CJ66’s off-road capabilities. The custom, race-car-inspired fuel filler cap is shifted to the inside fender wheel well.

Looking out from the two-inch cropped windshield, the driver and passenger are perched in custom Viper seats featuring concept seat risers. The cockpit is surrounded by a custom-built roll cage, mandril-bent to match the windshield surround. A bikini top netting offers shade and cover from the elements. The center of the custom steering wheel, stamped with the special 50th Anniversary Moab Easter Jeep Safari logo unveiled by the Jeep brand earlier this year, reveals the CJ66’s Moab-inspired origins. A Wrangler JK center console and shifter were imported, with Mopar instrument panel gauges and Mopar all-weather mats completing the interior.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Senior Moderator

The following users liked this post:
RPhilMan1 (11-08-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 08:24 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
badass!!! i fuggin love it!! and I want it
Old 08-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
You didn’t think they were just going to go with “Jeep Wrangler Pickup,” did you?

OK, maybe you did. Maybe we did, too. But according to information obtained by the enthusiasts at the Jeep Scrambler Forum, Scrambler is exactly what this eagerly anticipated truck will be called. (Note that none of this is official, but also note that the Scrambler Forum’s sister site, the JL Wrangler Forums, has been spot-on with its predictions so far.)

The Wrangler-based pickup's name recalls the original CJ-8 Scrambler, a long-wheelbase variant of the C-7 built from 1981 to 1986 (though that final year may have been excess 1985 production). It wasn't meant to compete with the hard-wearing work-oriented pickups available at the time; it was a "lifestyle" truck for active individuals if there ever was one, and we don't expect the new one to be much different.

As with the CJ-7 it was based on, it got a removable top; likewise, the new Scrambler gets two removable three-piece hardtop options -- one black, one body-color -- as well as a black Sunrider soft top.

Interestingly, CAD files obtained by the forum show a frame with a length of 205 inches. That’s 33 inches longer than a current four-door JK Wrangler’s frame, which makes it a substantial truck, size-wise. Unlike the CJ-8, then, the upcoming Scrambler gets four doors, at least at the outset.

Complete powertrain details remain something of a mystery, but one engine has been confirmed so far: A 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 diesel. The transmission is not specified, but it’s connected to a Dana 12-bolt rear axle, an uprated upgrade over the eight-bolt Dana 44 found on current Jeeps. Based on the rendering of the differential cover, it looks suspiciously like the bigger Dana 60. What sort of towing and payload capacity this new hardware yields remains to be seen.

Reports of a Jeep Wrangler pickup have been floating around for years, but this thing -- the Scrambler -- seems like it's finally happening. We expect to see it before the end of the year, likely at the Los Angeles auto show.

Read more: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Scrambler pickup name and diesel engine option revealed
The following 2 users liked this post by biker:
00TL-P3.2 (08-22-2017), justnspace (08-22-2017)

Quick Reply: Jeep: Wrangler News