Jaguar is highest ranked European brand in latest J.D. Power survey

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Jaguar is highest ranked European brand in latest J.D. Power survey

Jaguar is highest ranked European brand in latest J.D. Power survey - - Posted by: kak on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:52 PM - - Source: kak.net

Jaguar has achieved a remarkable quadruple success in the latest J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study released today in the U.S. This major achievement for Jaguar was led by its best performing model, the X-TYPE saloon, which improved 37 points in the study, a 35% leap over last year's results. The J.D. Power Study ranks new vehicle quality after 90 days in the hands of customers.

- Improved to second its position overall in the survey
- The highest-ranked European nameplate
- The Gold Plant Quality Award in Europe for Halewood
- Massive improvement for the Jaguar X-TYPE

In addition, Jaguar's Halewood plant, where the X-TYPE is manufactured, received J.D. Power's Gold Award for European plant performance. This state of the art facility - once Ford Motor Company's lowest rated plant in the world - is now a centre of excellence for lean manufacturing, a discipline that focuses on elimination of waste, while driving high quality, continuous improvement.

"Jaguar has achieved the Number Two ranking in the industry out of 36 brands and is once again the highest ranked European nameplate in the Initial Quality Study," said Bibiana Boerio, Managing Director of Jaguar Cars.

"Coupled with the success of X-TYPE and our Halewood Plant in the J.D. Power Survey, this is a terrific testament to the efforts of the whole Jaguar team. Improving our quality has been a passion for everyone at Jaguar and we are once again delighted with these outstanding results. I like to think that this is the voice of real customers telling us about the quality of their Jaguar vehicles."

The Jaguar X-TYPE went on sale in 2001 and continues to introduce the Jaguar brand to new consumers. The X-TYPE, the only compact luxury saloon to offer all-wheel drive as standard equipment, combines a fresh performance spirit with the luxury, craftsmanship and refinement for which Jaguar is renowned.

From its beginning as a manufacturer of motorcycle sidecars in 1922, Jaguar has grown to become one of the world's premier manufacturers of luxury sedans and sports cars and with that, one of the most recognised commercial brands. The company's vision is simple: to produce beautiful fast cars that are desired the world over. The company operates three manufacturing plants in the United Kingdom and is fully engaged in environmental programmes, community work and brand awareness exercises such as motor sport.

[source: newspress.co.uk]
Old 06-09-2005, 04:54 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Old 06-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Yes, he did that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyword "Initial"; I stood next to a Type S, and the engine sounded like it had a dying diesal engine in there. My friend has gone through two X-Types a.k.a. Ford Contour before he chose to go with Lexus. I love Jaguars, but their current interations pale in comparision to pre-Ford Jags .
Old 06-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Lister00169
Keyword "Initial"; I stood next to a Type S, and the engine sounded like it had a dying diesal engine in there. My friend has gone through two X-Types a.k.a. Ford Contour before he chose to go with Lexus. I love Jaguars, but their current interations pale in comparision to pre-Ford Jags .
1. Wrong, the X-Type is not a Ford Contour....it is based on a Ford Mondeo.

2. If you know anything about cars, you know that Ford has helped Jaguar greatly. Jag's were horrible before Ford took over.

The current XJ350 (04+) is a fantastic car, the rest of the line is dated. The 07 XK is up next, then after that the new S-Type.

All future Jaguars will be built on their own platforms.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Beltfed
2. If you know anything about cars, you know that Ford has helped Jaguar greatly. Jag's were horrible before Ford took over.
x10
Old 06-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Yes, he did that

Originally Posted by Beltfed
1. Wrong, the X-Type is not a Ford Contour....it is based on a Ford Mondeo.

The current XJ350 (04+) is a fantastic car, the rest of the line is dated. The 07 XK is up next, then after that the new S-Type.

All future Jaguars will be built on their own platforms.
1. I stand corrected
2. Personal experience through family and friends states otherwise. True I shouldn't make generalizations about every car based off a few experiences, but my uncle has owned a good amount of Jags in his lifetime, and he never had a problem until he bought an S-Type.

EDIT: Not saying that ford sucks donkey balls since I love the Australian Mondeo, but I don't just agree with the article.