Infiniti: QX70 News **Discontinued (page 11)**

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AsianRage
I don't get it. The EX looks more like a baby FX. Soooo, what you're saying is that the soon-to-be 2G FX looks like a grown-up EX (or a matured baby FX?)
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Oh man, it's true.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Race Director

from the side profile the new FX reminds me of a fish with the headlights as the eyes and the new grill as it's mouth.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:55 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,778 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by 4U4ME

LOL, that picture was posted by a member over at the FX forum who works at an Infiniti dealership... it really got outta hand... hope he doesn't get in trouble
Old 03-02-2008, 12:14 AM

:shakehead
Old 03-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Advanced

its not me, that guy got into some serious trouble and now all of his post are removed from the freshalloy and other forums...
he has given too many info, there will be a GT-R version of Infiniti super cars over 600bhp, its true and there will be soon a X5, MDX compte SUV with 3row seats and Q replacement so on...
Old 03-02-2008, 04:46 AM
Racer

its not me, that guy got into some serious trouble and now all of his post are removed from the freshalloy and other forums...
he has given too many info, there will be a GT-R version of Infiniti super cars over 600bhp, its true and there will be soon a X5, MDX compte SUV with 3row seats and Q replacement so on...
Old 03-02-2008, 04:47 AM
I shoot people

I didn't say it was you... it's a guy that's in both Infinitifx.org and infinitiscene.com he works at dealership in NY... and the Infiniti version of the GT-R news was already posted in the GT-R thread... but haven't heard about the 3row SUV Q replacement tho...
Old 03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
We should remove that picture for the sake of that other guy (his name is Kenny). He tried to do something really nice for all of us and now he is in deep shit. We shouldn't make it even more deeper. Seriously, it should be removed.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
We should remove that picture for the sake of that other guy (his name is Kenny). He tried to do something really nice for all of us and now he is in deep shit. We shouldn't make it even more deeper. Seriously, it should be removed.
agree, but it sure doesn't help to mention his name
Old 03-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by phile
Oh man, it's true.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Trying to keep an open mind, though.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by is300eater
agree, but it sure doesn't help to mention his name
lol. Well he is already in trouble so it doesn't matter. My main idea was to just reduce the damage I guess.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
Can't believe they ruined it...
Old 03-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Yumchah

well, i bet the rear looks just like this
Old 03-03-2008, 03:51 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Old 03-03-2008, 03:54 PM

i really didn't think it would be that hard to mess up with this car.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Could they have made it any uglier? What is it with designers these days? First the Acura RL now this!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I shoot people

new 2009 Infiniti site launches tomorrow

http://www.infinitifx-launch.com/
Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I shoot people

new 2009 Infiniti site launches tomorrow

http://www.infinitifx-launch.com/
and YES, the new FX will be in there!!!

btw, 19:30 CET (Central European) will be 1:30pm East Coast, 10:30am West Coast I can't wait!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Race Director

it's a love it hate it design.

personally i'll take the new murano over this new fx. the only interesting infiniti's are the G35, G37, and M45.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jwong77
Could they have made it any uglier? What is it with designers these days? First the Acura RL now this!!!
Like someone mentioned, the FX is a "love it" or "hate it" design while the RL is a "hate it" or design.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Instructor

http://www.infiniti.com/allnewfx/
Old 03-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Racer

I like everything about this car besides the front =[

Side profile is pretty cool with the air vents! Interior looks hotttttt
Old 03-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I shoot people

can someone please post pics from that new site? I'm on my Treo right now, and won't load...
Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 PM

sorry is300eater...dunno how to post pics from the site since it doesn't give a url or address...

but it looks good except the front. the interior follows the new G and EX interior.

but the front...it is truly love it or hate it.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
I like it, a lot.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Racer

Wonder if it gained any weight. I bet its going to be fast!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I shoot people

Old 03-04-2008, 03:27 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Looks eons better than the last one, I like everything about this one from wheels, choice of motors, back and so on and so forth

Wonder what the exhaust sounds like on the FX50

Old 03-04-2008, 04:05 PM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Interior is flippin gorgeous!

Old 03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
styling on you

Old 03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
styling on you

2009 INFINITI FX50 – SUV INSPIRED BY SPORTS CAR DESIGN

– All-New, iconic Infiniti FX50 Offers Power, Refinement, Safety and Exhilaration –

Already a strong contender in the United States and other global markets, the Infiniti FX performance luxury crossover SUV takes on Western Europe with an all-new, second-generation design featuring a newly developed 5.0-liter V8, 7-speed automatic transmission, enhanced exterior styling, advanced interior design and innovative technology and safety equipment.

AT A GLANCE
• The Infiniti FX represents a fusion of sports car and SUV, with breathtaking styling, sports car-like proportions and a sports car platform
• New 390 horsepower 5.0-liter 32-valve VVEL V8 with 500Nm of torque
• 7-speed automatic transmission with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC), Downshift Rev Matching and solid magnesium paddle shifters

• The V8-equipped FX50 will be joined by a V6-equipped model (details to be announced later)
• Infiniti Intelligent four-wheel drive system called ATTESA-E TS with Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Traction Control (TCS)
• Suspension with active Continuous Damping Control (CDC), advanced Rear Active Steer system
• Super-lightweight 21-inch wheels with 265/45R21 performance tires
• Standard advanced technologies, such as, DVD based navigation system, Around View Monitor, Adaptive Front lighting System and Intelligent Key
• High quality interior materials, with special attention to detail and safety
• Standard Bose audio system

The all-new Infiniti FX50 will be available in North America in June 2008 and in European markets starting from October 2008.

FX PRODUCT CONCEPT In keeping with Infiniti’s well defined product strategy, the new FX is inviting in every dimension, from the nimble feel of its quick and controlled response to driver input, to the ride comfort provided by its Dual Flow Pass shock absorbers and quick response to body motion inputs, to the unique “Infiniti feel” under acceleration and braking.

Infiniti’s designers and engineers’ overall goal in the development of the second-generation FX crossover was to enhance its “sports car ability” while adding refinement – without compromising either side of the equation. The new FX’s creators also wanted to give the vehicle a more “human” feel, despite its mechanical strengths, by integrating the latest technology with owners’ lifestyles.

The new FX50 is designed to be highly adaptive to both the driver and driving conditions, utilizing a long list of Infiniti technologies and systems, including Variable Valve Event & Lift (V-VEL) engine technology, Adaptive Shift Control, Suspension with active Continuous Damping Control (CDC), Rear Active Steering, Around View Monitor, Intelligent Cruise Control (Full Speed Range) and Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA).

2009 INFINITI FX EXTERIOR
The new Infiniti FX continues with the breathtaking exterior styling and “sports car proportions” that helped the original stand out from all other performance luxury crossovers on the market. The FX blends the substantial lower body of an SUV with the long hood, stretched wheelbase, short front and rear overhangs, low overall height and elegant upper body more commonly found on sports cars – conveying its strong performance personality and breakthrough design architecture at a single glance.

For the new FX generation, distinctive side air vents have been added behind the front wheels. Also, the front wheels have been moved 35 millimeters forward (from the previous generation FX) and the front track has been widened by 50 millimeters – providing an even more pronounced performance stance.

The FX’s design starts with a new front end appearance, led by a lustrous Infiniti signature double-arch front grille, standard fog lamps and Bi-Xenon headlights. The FX50 also includes an automatic-on feature that switches on the headlights automatically on at dusk and a standard Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS). This system automatically controls the lighting pattern and directional aim, based on steering wheel angle and vehicle speed (the headlights can swivel headlights up to 17 degrees).

The FX’s new flat blade windshield wipers and wiper arm design optimize aerodynamic performance – helping improve wiping performance at high speeds and reducing wind noise at high speed. A new rain-sensing feature automatically tunes the wiper pace and speed according to the frequency of the precipitation (as detected by sensors).

The new side air vents are also functional, allowing air to flow from inside the engine compartment to outside the vehicle, reducing high under-hood air pressure. The side vents reduce front end lift by five percent for improved high speed stability.

The Infiniti FX’s aggressive silhouette is highlighted by a strong front-to-rear shoulder line, “taut canopy” greenhouse with chromed window frames, rearward-sloping roofline, integrated rear spoiler and polished roof rails. In the rear, the FX’s simple, bold appearance features LED taillights that extend beyond the body to help create aerodynamic down force and large dual exhaust outlets with chrome finishers.

The FX’s coefficient of drag has been improved to 0.35 from 0.37, with the engineers finessing even the smallest details to help manage airflow, including the front bumper sides, rear spoiler angle and taillight shape.

Under the FX’s polished, assertive styling is an equally advanced body structure. FX utilizes the rigid FM (Front Midship) platform architecture used on the Infiniti G 37, G37 Coupe. The FM platform offers sports car-like front-to-rear weight balance – 54/46 – for exceptional handling.

Additional development was undertaken to reduce weight and enhance body strength. For example, the FX’s aluminum front and rear door panels, which have the same strength and stiffness of conventional steel doors, are 20 kilograms lighter (total for all four doors), allowing the FX to maintain a power-to-weight ratio that is among the best in class. The FX weights 90 kilograms less in body structure weight alone. The new FX’s body is also 1.6 times more resistant to twisting and 3.4 times more resistant to bending than the previous generation FX design.

The new FX utilizes Infiniti’s advanced “Scratch Shield” paint, a special “self-healing” clearcoat paint designed to maintain its gloss-level over time. The paint “repairs” fine scratches, such as fingernail scratches under door handles, restoring the FX’s surface close to its original state. The FX50 is offered in seven exterior colors.

2009 INFINITI FX INTERIOR
The Infiniti FX’s sporty interior is designed to combine a driver-oriented cockpit/command center with a warm, modern, comfortable passenger environment – all wrapped in rich, natural materials. The high-tech interior design includes an Infiniti signature “double-wave” instrument panel and white-and-violet electroluminescent gauges.

The FX50 comes with a new front sport seat design with an adjustable air-type side support system for added lateral support during “sporty” driving sessions. The driver’s seat features 10-way power-adjustability with lumbar support and a 2-position Driver’s Seat Memory system, while the passenger’s seat is an 8-way power-adjustable design. Covered in a special quilted leather sew pattern, the front sport seats include adjustable thigh extensions, which add an extra level of comfort for drivers and passengers with long legs or for long distance travel. Whereas the front seats include an enhanced climate controlled system with heating and cooling functions for maximum comfort.

Standard on the FX50 is a new Automatic Driving Position System, which moves the seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors adaptively into the correct position. This system allows the driver to change the seat position while driving and keep the same viewpoint and relationship between the steering column and driver’s shoulder position.

The FX interior offers white-and-violet “Fine Vision” electroluminescent gauges with “gear-like” rings on the instrument cluster meters, standard 8.0-inch multi-information display monitor and signature Infiniti analog clock. The center console/shifter area is available in a black quartz finisher or special Curly Maple wood trim, inspired by classical violins, giving a sense of warmth throughout.

The FX interior also offers a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, along with front door pockets, front seatback pockets, dual front and rear cup holders, locking glove compartment and four assist grips. Other standard equipment includes four 12-volt power outlets, all power windows with one-touch up/down function and power door locks, cargo area tonneau cover and cargo multi partition net, along with aluminum pedals, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, Infiniti Intelligent Key with push button start and a special 12-point “welcome lighting” system.

The thoughtful design behind the interior of the Infiniti FX extends to the available custom-engineered Bose sound system. The acoustic effect of nearly every interior detail was analyzed. Then, the 11-speaker system was customized for the unique acoustic environment inside the FX. As a result, each listener can enjoy music that approaches the power and emotion of a concert hall performance.”

Occupant comfort takes many forms in the new FX50, including the air that driver and passengers breathe. A standard filter, using fiber impregnated with natural grape seed polyphenol, has the ability to neutralize allergens that conventional filters cannot remove due to their incredibly small size (0.3 to 0.5 microns).

The FX50’s advanced Infiniti Navigation System features a 7-language media display and coverage of more than 30 European countries, along with an advanced RDS-TMC system with real-time traffic information system. A Voice Recognition system comes with the navigation system and includes voice activation for common climate control, navigation, audio system and phone functions.

The 2009 Infiniti FX is offered in three interior color schemes.

Infiniti FTMFW!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Instructor

HOT!! Funny how you can see a Honda Accord in one of the pictures...
Old 03-04-2008, 04:25 PM
I shoot people

390 HP/7 speed automatic... I like those numbers best
Old 03-04-2008, 04:30 PM

whether or not you like the front, this is one BEASTLY looking machine.

just looks so mean and evil.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:37 PM
I shoot people

I wonder if those are actual vents (side)... I hate fake ones cuz they don't save any purpose other than aesthetic
Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

I wonder if those are actual vents (side)... I hate fake ones cuz they don't save any purpose other than aesthetic

Need not worry, they are functional

The new side air vents are also functional, allowing air to flow from inside the engine compartment to outside the vehicle, reducing high under-hood air pressure. The side vents reduce front end lift by five percent for improved high speed stability.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:49 PM
styling on you

I wonder why they decided to go with the 35 instead of the 37?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Quick Reply: Infiniti: QX70 News **Discontinued (page 11)**