Infiniti: M-Series news **Hybrid Revealed (page 34)**

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
The interior layout is refined, classy and understated. Hopefully they have learned from their mistake of using cheap materials with poor fit and finish of the current G and M class. It sure beats the looks of the current M45. 340HP V8 will take it to the E500, 545, GS430. Not bad at all.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
me likes.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:47 PM
bleh...

nice!
Old 04-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
When I first saw the Nissan Fuga (our Infiniti M35/45) pics from the Tokyo auto show, I thought it looked incredible. But now that I've seen sketches of the upcoming RL, the Infiniti doesn't look quite as nice to me as it used to. And I think they've toned down the Fuga's styling a bit, the headlights don't extend as far back into the hood.

The interior looks nice, although I do think that bump in the dash to accomodate the vents and Nav screen makes it appear as if the dash is too high. Why they still chose to put the beautiful clock in a position that you'd have to lean down to see, is beyond me. I don't like how the nav screen is recessed in the same position in the Altima, and I don't like it here either. The curtain leather on the door is so 1990s. The steering wheel looks very good.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Safety Car

Pretty nice.

Body
· Sporty, luxurious design
· Expressive, jewel-like grille and crystal-look headlight cluster
· Stable posture with long wheelbase (114.2 inches), wide tread and short overhangs
· Low, aggressive hoodline and anchored shoulders provides a sporty, powerful silhouette
· All-steel unibody with very high level of torsional rigidity

Engine and Driveline
· 32-valve 4.5-liter DOHC V8 producing 340 horsepower
· Modular cylinder head design, lightweight pistons, titanium valves, continuously variable valve timing, variable length induction system
· 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with manual shift mode
· Enhanced, “next generation” FM (Front Mid-ship) platform

Suspension, Steering and Braking
· Double-wishbone independent front suspension
· Multi-link independent rear suspension with active rear control
· Enhanced braking system with 4-wheel disc brakes, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
· Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
· Enhanced power-assisted steering system with sport ratio
· 19-inch wheels and high-performance tires

Interior Features
· Inviting interior feel with use of etched aluminum and leather appointments
· Large cabin space, able to fit five adult passengers comfortably
· Leather-appointed, climate controlled seats
· Contemporary instrument panel
· Advanced “Solar Eclipse” instrument lighting system
· Surround audio system with 14 speakers, 5.1-channel decoding with two personal speakers mounted in each front seat
· Infiniti Intelligent Key system and push-button start system
· Infiniti Navigation System with a new user interface with voice-activated destination entry
· Bluetooth wireless connectivity
· RearView monitor with a wide lens view
· Intelligent Cruise Control

Safety and Security
· Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system with cancel switch, which alerts driver of unintended lane departure
· Zone Body platform design, with front and rear crumple zones
· Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage front supplemental air bags and roof-mounted side-impact curtain air bags
· Brake-operated pre-crash front seat belts
Old 04-06-2004, 09:02 PM
101 years of heartache...

damn, i must say that the front is gorgeous. looks like acura is going to have a lot of competition. ill bet one or the other car magazine is going to compare the two, and i have a bad feeling of who's going to win (the m). the exterior is just to good looking. they obviously used 5 series cues, and i simply LOVE the new 5 series. i dont know, this seems great to me, but when the new rl comes out ill either agree with this post or disprove myself. overall, great work infiniti, but the interior seems like it lacks the best of ergonomics.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:16 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Old 04-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by phile
[B
. Why they still chose to put the beautiful clock in a position that you'd have to lean down to see, is beyond me. [/B]
They've been having trouble finding a good spot for that clock lately... time to get rid of it if you can't find a good spot for it.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Preferred Member

Wow, those taillights are HIDEOUS.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Advanced

Infiniti M45 Concept

Key Dimensions and Specifications

Engine 4.5-liter DOHC V8
340 horsepower

Transmission 5-speed electronically controlled automatic with manual shift mode

Frame Enhanced, “next generation” FM (Front Mid-ship) platform

Drive configuration Front engine/rear-wheel drive
Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)

Suspension Double-wishbone independent front suspension
Multi-link independent rear suspension with active rear control

Steering Power-assisted rack-and-pinion with sport ratio

Brakes 4-wheel disc with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)

Wheels/Tires 19-inch wheels and tires

Wheelbase 114.2 inches

Length 192.1 inches

Width 71.6 inches

Height 59.1 inches

Select Exterior Features The M45 Concept optimizes both luxury and sport styling to create a dynamic visual appeal. The exterior design features a low, aggressive hoodline, which flows into the anchored shoulders and contributes to the sporty, powerful silhouette.

Select Interior Features Inviting interior with etched aluminum and leather appointments
Leather-appointed, climate controlled seats
Premium audio system with 14 speakers with two personal speakers mounted in each front seat
Infiniti Intelligent Key system with push button start
Bluetooth wireless connectivity
Voice recognition
Infiniti Navigation system with a new user interface featuring
voice activated destination entry

Safety Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) (includes dual-stage front supplemental air bags and roof-mounted side-impact curtain air bags)
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system with cancel switch, which alerts driver of unintended lane departure
Brake-operated pre-crash front seat belts
Old 04-06-2004, 09:45 PM
101 years of heartache...

you know whats incredible???

many of these "cool features" are on the TL, and some even on our TSX!!!! The push button start and 14 speaker sound system are nice, but the DVD-audio in the TL, and the "TL system destroyer" in the new RL (man im excited) can compare, and just maybe even defeat (the RL should). great looking exterior, powerful engine, but not much innovation on the interior in my opinion. but hey, dont take away anything from nissan. good job on recovering a terrible car in the old m45. sales should pick up.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Me likes! Not wild about the tails but it might grow on me.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:52 PM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very impressive. million times better than current version
Old 04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Infiniti is spelled wrong or Infiniti has been gay the last 13 years and is turning it around, I am a hater.
Ain't nothing wrong about the old G20.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Not bad ... back is very G35's ... interior looks nice, but have to agree it is hard to tell the materials quality (G35 sore spot) from a picture.

That being said ... I would put money on the new RL being able to take this out in any comparison test. I am using my crystal ball in case you are wondering
Old 04-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally posted by Vans
They've been having trouble finding a good spot for that clock lately... time to get rid of it if you can't find a good spot for it.
No way, it's like a fine jewelry piece, brings an aura of elegance to the interior. In the Fuga concept, the center console wasn't as upright, so the clock was laid out nicely where it was easily visible. They should've done that instead - in fact, it was one of the things that I expected to follow to production. Guess I was wrong.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by phile
No way, it's like a fine jewelry piece, brings an aura of elegance to the interior. In the Fuga concept, the center console wasn't as upright, so the clock was laid out nicely where it was easily visible. They should've done that instead - in fact, it was one of the things that I expected to follow to production. Guess I was wrong.
don't get me wrong - i love the idea of the clock. It does show the heritage of the brand. But lately, QX and now this, they have had trouble integrating it in smoothly with the overall interior design. With a Navi that big - its gonna have a clock on it as well though....
Old 04-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by BEETROOT
taillights are a little overdone I think...besides that its hot. I like that interior a lot.
My exact thought. Why did they have to exagurate the rear lights so much...
Old 04-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Infamous425
new M45 > new GS

I disagree. You have got to see the GS live and up close. It's stunning.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:33 AM

This car is nice inside and out. Good work Infiniti.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:06 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Very nice. The only thing that's missing is the headlights out of the Q - maybe they wouldn't fit (do I see possible angel-eyes?). They cut 5 " off the old M45 so now it's definitely a mid-sized sedan. Now if only they offered the M35 with an MT I'd have to vote for it as my next car. I wonder what's in the place of the NAV screen if you don't get the NAV option? Maybe it's like the 5 series BMW where all cars get it.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:12 AM

looks nice but IMO, looks like a G35 with new headlights, taillights, and bigger wheels
Old 04-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
i think it looks gorgeous.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by gavriil
End of 2004?

Holy Shit Nissan is working quick! Wow! I am starting to be seriously impressed by Nissan at this point.
I've had that impression for along time now... starting with the G35, Infiniti has gone on a product blitz that has been unbelievable.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: New Infiniti M45

Like the outside very much, although its very familiar looking in the front ( G35 ). Not crazy about the inside, particularly about the dash and how it falls away in the middle and then goes almost vetical (like it was a shelf or something). I also HATE that big button/nob thing that I think is the radio controller. Also, not too crazy about the cutaway on the passanger seat for the seat controls. Anyone else feel the same way?
Old 04-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Safety Car

I agree that the new GS is a great looking car, especially in person. But don't you find the styling (though very clean) a little deriviative? What do you think Gav? I don't think they made the back of the new M to busy... but I'm biased.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Go Dutch !

Originally posted by kmlpatel
Wow, those taillights are HIDEOUS.
My thoughts exactly...
Old 04-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Racer

Re: Infiniti M45...........

Originally posted by Habiib

I hope the rest of Infinitis interiors look like that.

NOw I'm waiting to see what the RL looks like

Man that car is hot! I can't believe how Infiniti is stepping up. I think that car looks better than new GS & 5 series.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Outnumbered at home

Re: Re: Infiniti M45...........

Originally posted by blk_coupe
Man that car is hot! I can't believe how Infiniti is stepping up. I think that car looks better than new GS & 5 series.
Not all that hard to look better than the 5 series

i agree though, infiniti is really starting to get their styling in order.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Safety Car

I love this car. There's only one down side to Infiniti's metoric rise... we're gonna see alot more of these on the streets in the next few years. Though I'll hate seeing my car all over the place, it's good for the company, so i guess I shouldn't trip.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Racer

Originally posted by titan
I love this car. There's only one down side to Infiniti's metoric rise... we're gonna see alot more of these on the streets in the next few years. Though I'll hate seeing my car all over the place, it's good for the company, so i guess I shouldn't trip.
I disagree this car is not going to be all over the place. I guess you think a lot people in this economic have 45 - 50K to purchase a car.
That's the bmw 3 series crown.
Hey Sick as you know I have a gs and Acura cl but to be honest I truly think this car looks better than the new gs. The new GS looks a lot like the 1st generation gs with smoother lines. Can someone post a picture of the new GS?
Old 04-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Drifting

Re: Re: New Infiniti M45

Originally posted by jlukja
Like the outside very much, although its very familiar looking in the front ( G35 ). Not crazy about the inside, particularly about the dash and how it falls away in the middle and then goes almost vetical (like it was a shelf or something). I also HATE that big button/nob thing that I think is the radio controller. Also, not too crazy about the cutaway on the passanger seat for the seat controls. Anyone else feel the same way?
I agree with what you say. I'll also add that while that large button is a bit troublesome, you have to give them points for originality. The only other car with an interior like that is the top-line Kia.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: New Infiniti M45

I think this new M45 has dethroned the Oldsmobile Alero for biggest taillights ever!

Overall, it's much better than the current-gen M45. Good job Nissan.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by blk_coupe
I disagree this car is not going to be all over the place. I guess you think a lot people in this economic have 45 - 50K to purchase a car.
That's the bmw 3 series crown.
Hey Sick as you know I have a gs and Acura cl but to be honest I truly think this car looks better than the new gs. The new GS looks a lot like the 1st generation gs with smoother lines. Can someone post a picture of the new GS?
Well, I didn't mean that this car would become that common. But I believe it'll be price in the neighborhood of the new GS, not the 5-Series and E-Class. The last gen GS was a great success because of it's good looks, quality, and handling for the dollar when compared to the 5 and E. I think this new M will offer a similar package for the money. The question for many may be which is better, the M or the GS. And though you don't see many GS430s around, you see alot fo GS300s. When you see the M35 introduced, if prices begin in the high 30s, and the M45 prices begin in the low to mid 40s, this car will sell. Right now, I've seen maybe four M45s on the street. I think we'll see much more with this rendition.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Drifting

These pics aren't production are they? Things like those hideous tailights may still be revised.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the wheels are actually a little too large. Don't shoot me people but I think it would ride like a skateboard with that low profile rubber.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:26 AM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yeah but you havent seen the M45 live and up close

im judging based on pix vs pix
Old 04-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Racer

Originally posted by titan
Well, I didn't mean that this car would become that common. But I believe it'll be price in the neighborhood of the new GS, not the 5-Series and E-Class. The last gen GS was a great success because of it's good looks, quality, and handling for the dollar when compared to the 5 and E. I think this new M will offer a similar package for the money. The question for many may be which is better, the M or the GS. And though you don't see many GS430s around, you see alot fo GS300s. When you see the M35 introduced, if prices begin in the high 30s, and the M45 prices begin in the low to mid 40s, this car will sell. Right now, I've seen maybe four M45s on the street. I think we'll see much more with this rendition.
Ok I agree with this post.
I also rarely see a gs430.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Teh ?

I think that's the production photos from what I've read from other sights. Personally, I like the front end of the car, definitely has the Nissan DNA engraved, which could be a good thing and a bad thing. I like the use of that Infiniti grill, looks nice on this car. BUT what's with that rear end? Who let that design cue slip through the cracks? It'll probably be changed in the third year of sales when they "freshen" up the style.

The interior is the best quality of the overall style of the car. The French influence on this car's interior is fully realized in this car. Unlike the Maxima, which took the French cues but never really invested enough to making it look upscale, the M45 pushes all the right types of materials and designs to make the Frenchie style look slick and refined.

Junkster, whose impressed with the Infiniti line of late.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Advanced

Large button in the M45? Have you seen the large button in the new RL - that thing is hideously large and obtrusive.

Quick Reply: Infiniti: M-Series news **Hybrid Revealed (page 34)**