Infiniti: M-Series news **Hybrid Revealed (page 34)**

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fusion....i have a TL and love it, but i also respect other car makers, and Infiniti is one of my favorites

there's just a few too many Acura fanboys on these boards, that's all
Old 09-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by uncsuperman

there's just a few too many Acura fanboys on these boards, that's all
I love how you chastised me for stating my opinion in a manner in which you disapproved of and then reminded me that we all have opinions, and yet you dismiss other people's opinion as them being merely Acura fanboys. Hypocrite.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Originally Posted by phile
I love how you chastised me for stating my opinion in a manner in which you disapproved of and then reminded me that we all have opinions, and yet you dismiss other people's opinion as them being merely Acura fanboys. Hypocrite.
Owned

Speaking of fanboys.. anyone here see a stick figure with a Nissan head doing a Honda symbol?
Old 09-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Racer

phile, bro, don't take stuff out of context man, and don't spin what other people write to make it seem how you want it to seem
that's hell

i simply made a point of saying that what you had said about a subject, you did so in a manner that made it seem like it was fact, when it was not, it was your opinion
i have no problem with people stating their opinions, not at all - just do so in a manner that allows for others to disagree, rather than saying "infiniti uses aluminum in the wrong way", say "i don't like the way infiniti uses aluminum in their interiors" - simple, isn't it?

and i did not "chastise" you for stating an opinion, i just pointed out that i didn't care for HOW you stated it.....if that's really a problem, then i'm sorry for not being more sensitive to your needs

i'm not dismissing anyone's opinion, i just think it's funny that some people on the board call other cars crap or shit or demean those cars because they're not an Acura
i think that's kinda narrowminded, and in my humble opinion, fanboyesque
if you disagree that there are fanboys on this board, then you must be crazy, because it's clear that there are many - and there typically are on most car/game machine/etc. boards

there are a lot of great cars out there....to disregard one or another simply because it doesn't have the right symbol on the front, is kinda lame
sorry to have upset you.....damn, just about everyone on here is a TL owner, and we should be cool with each other, be able to talk about our cars, other cars and shoot the shit

and ken...is "owned" really necessay?? that's really cool
what phile just posted, was completely false and spun in a manner to suit his needs
but you're right...i hadn't even noticed Fusion's picture, but that is fanboyesque as well, which i dislike

just love the cars man, enjoy the time that we're in - because car companies are pumping out great cars like there's no tomorrow.....man we're lucky
Old 09-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Racer

no hard feelings guys....i'm not the kinda guy to get into it on a message board, i'd rather just have a relaxed atmosphere where people don't get "owned", or feel it necessary to "own" people, whatever that means

if you don't like the way i post, or how i construct my prose, i apologize....we all know communicating over the internet isn't the most intuitive and clear - i'm sure there's some misunderstanding going on

back to the subject....phile, i like the way infiniti uses aluminum...i'm a fan of these vast areas of aluminum, i think it looks super-sporty and aggressive, but i can see how it could be overwhelming to some
i love the new M....the taillights could use some tweaking, but overall it's an aggressive shape that seems fresh to me
i think it looks nothing like the new TL, nor an altima...haha
Old 09-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Pinky all stinky

No one is demeaning a car simply because it's not an Acura. I have heard you use that term "fanboy" before, and I ignored it the first time...but your accusation was simply baseless. Every single post on this board expressed an opinion...some backed it up, others did not. Just as fusion simply stated that the M35 would outsell the RL...without explaining why he thinks that way...using what you consider demeaning another car because it's not brand X, I could label him an Infiniti fanboy.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Racer

ok man...i'm not gonna sit here and argue with you about whether or not there are "fanboys" on this forum
on basically every car/game machine/etc. forum, there will inevitably be "fanboys" - people who love all things Lexus/Acura/BMW/Xbox/whatever....that is undeniable

being a "fanboy" has nothing to do with liking a car brand, or having an opinion of a car brand, you're missing the point
being a "fanboy" is about dismissing all things not acura, or all things not lexus, or whatever...it's a simple concept
i've seen many instances of this on the board, as i have on other boards, be it PS2 boards, or XBOX boards, or Lexus boards - and i hate that, because it's discrediting other cars simply because of the symbol on the front

i think i do pretty well to back things up that i say, perhaps i've made a few comments from time to time without any proof on hand, within the post...my bad

Fusion would not be labeled a "fanboy" in my book simply because he thinks the M will outsell the RL, nor would you be a "fanboy" if you had the opposite opinion, it's just your opinion

Fusion WOULD be a "fanboy" in my book, if he hated all things NOT nissan/infiniti
i haven't had that much interaction with him nor have i read enough of his posts to make an informed conclusion about that, but his avatar is sure in the vein of a nissan "fanboy"

listen bro....i'm not here to stir up trouble, or to cause dissention on the board....so i'm sorry if i've offended you, honestly
let's just drop the discussion and get back to talkin about cars - something we all have a passion for
Old 09-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Pinky all stinky

I'm not arguing that there aren't fanboys on any site - you're going off on a tangent and grasping at straws to defend your stance. But the thing is, within this context, within this thread, no one has proven himself to be a so-called fanboy. Your accusation that the opinions posted here that do not agree with yours are ones from Acura fanboys are baseless. You want to know the worst that was said about the M in this thread?

Originally Posted by VTEC11
Exterior is a little better, but the interior still sucks.
And I'm using "worst" pretty loosely here. No one is hating all things not Acura here, as you are implying...you simply cannot gather that from a post such as the one I quote...that is merely someone's opinion, as you have cautioned me before, and he's allowed that

I'm not stirring anything up, but if you make it a point to caution others about opinions being just being opinions and everyone has one - then I suggest you practice what you preach. Labeling others as fanboys is 1) gonna stir things up and 2) it dismisses the other people's opinions as nothing more than blind loyalty to Acura, when in fact, no one has proven to be a fanboy, at least in this thread.

That's all I'm saying; I am not offended, I just find it a little hypocritical on your part.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More pictures...

Infiniti M Performance Sedan

The 2006 M, available spring 2005, optimizes both luxury and sport styling to create a dynamic visual appeal. The exterior design features a low, aggressive hoodline, which flows into the anchored shoulders and contributes to the sporty, powerful silhouette. Inside, the interior is highly expressive, combining a driver-oriented cockpit with an Infiniti level of luxury and design detail.

At the heart of the Infiniti M is the high-performance power of a choice of advanced V8 or V6 engines, with the vehicles badged M45 or M35 accordingly. The M45 features the 4.5-liter DOHC V8 currently used in the Infiniti Q45 and FX45. For use in the M45, it produces 340 horsepower. The M35 is powered by a 3.5-liter DOHC engine producing 275-plus horsepower. Both the M45 V8 and M35 V6 are mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission with short-throw performance shifter and manual shift mode.

Advanced technology is abundant on the M45 – starting with a new Rear Active Steer system, which helps improve vehicle handling performance by adjusting the geometry of the rear according to steering input and vehicle speed. Also featured on the M45 is a new Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, which helps warn the driver of a pending, unintended lane departure (LDW makes its North American automotive production debut in the 2005 Infiniti FX crossover SUV).

Highlights of the 2006 M include:

· Sporty, luxurious design
· Stable posture with long wheelbase (114.2 inches), wide tread and short overhangs
· Low, aggressive hoodline and anchored shoulders provides a sporty, powerful silhouette
· Enhanced, “next generation” FM (Front Mid-ship) platform

· 32-valve 4.5-liter DOHC V8 producing 340 horsepower; 24-valve DOHC 3.5-liter V6 producing 275-plus horsepower
· 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with manual shift mode
· Enhanced power-assisted steering system with sport ratio
· Available 19-inch wheels and high-performance tires
· Inviting interior feel with available aluminum or genuine Rosewood trim and leather appointments
· Large cabin space, able to fit five adult passengers comfortably
· Available Bose® Studio Surround™ audio system with 14 speakers, 5.1-channel decoding with two personal speakers mounted in each front seat
· Bluetooth wireless connectivity
· Available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system with cancel switch

Old 09-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Pinky all stinky

Looks a lot nicer inside with the wood paneling. I like the contrast between black/white on the interior. Not feeling the curtain leather on the doors, though...that's old school.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Drifting

Yea, I agree the "curtain" style leather on the doors doesn't go with the modern theme of the rest of the interior. But the picture below doesn't have it though.

Old 09-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Pinky all stinky

That's probably the V8 model (or vice versa?) interior. The wood tone (it's lighter) is also different.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Racer

flat out gorgeous if you ask me...aggressive, luxurious, sporty, daring....i love it

i agree with 2 or your 3 points phile....i love interiors where there's a sharp contrast like the white/ivory against black in these pictures - very attractive
and i'm not really feelin the "curtain" style leather on the doors either...i think it'd look better with some perforated smooth leather or something similar

however, i do like the liberal use of aluminum.....but i think the rosewood interiors look amazing too

and what about those 2 "personal" speakers in each front seat?!? hotness my friends
hey, the center console material in the 4th picture doesn't look like aluminum....any ideas??
overall, well done infiniti
Old 09-18-2004, 04:09 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
interior still sucks
Old 09-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Drifting

Better then anything I've ever seen in an Acura.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:21 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Better then anything I've ever seen in an Acura.
ur neg points didnt do shit for me lol
Old 09-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Drifting

I've been on here longer then you
Old 09-18-2004, 05:39 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

I've been on here longer then you
leave ur name when giving out neg points @least i did leave my name, u
Old 09-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Drifting

Don't get so butt hurt little boy. You started it.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:43 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Don't get so butt hurt little boy. You started it.
ur the one who got butt hurt, by not leaving ur name
Old 09-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Semper Fi

The silver interior looks good, the wood looks ugly. Dont like the rear end of the vehicle either. The front does'nt look like a new design, it looks ordinary.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Racer

Whoa....

Get a load of that KEYFOB!!!!

Why can't Acura make something that looks THAT gorgeous?!?!?

Even the Accord has a nicer looking keyfob than the Acuras.

Are those speakers in the top of the seats next to the headrests?
Old 09-19-2004, 12:03 AM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
RL killer right there.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Is this the remote or integrated key??

I remember I saw a pic of 05RL's card key, which is even better than this.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Drifting

It's similar to the new RL's keyless ignition system. It's an all-in-one remote/transponder that you don’t have to insert it anywhere in the car, just keep it in your pocket and press the start button and voila.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:11 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Brokedoc
Are those speakers in the top of the seats next to the headrests?
Yup, those are speakers on the front seats.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
It's similar to the new RL's keyless ignition system. It's an all-in-one remote/transponder that you don’t have to insert it anywhere in the car, just keep it in your pocket and press the start button and voila.

Very details, thanks, man. This push button is way better than Honda's switch...

05RL's key

But, I have to agree, that Inifniti has better crank switch (start button) on the ignition.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Racer

yea guys....speakers on the top of the front seats??? that's just a brilliant idea, plain and simple
the 5.1 surround sound will truly be right there.....awesome idea

and i can't wait until MT or C&D do a comparo on the new M and the new RL......2 class automobiles that i predict will go neck and neck at each other
Old 09-22-2004, 02:03 AM
Intermediate

Why so many interior pics, when it's nothing special, typical awkward looking nissan garbage? Hate the exterior too.

This company is trying WAY too hard.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:24 AM
i souport publik edekason

I would never buy an Infiniti or Nissan... especially one that has those good for nothing seats with the controls on the inside part of the seat by the centre console... Who does this... Don't they know that there are fat bottomed people in the world, for whom this just doesn't work...

Salut
Old 09-22-2004, 02:54 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by salut88888
I would never buy an Infiniti or Nissan... especially one that has those good for nothing seats with the controls on the inside part of the seat by the centre console... Who does this...
I had a '00 MB E55 that had seat controls on the inside of the seats didn't bother me.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Scorp76
Why so many interior pics, when it's nothing special, typical awkward looking nissan garbage? Hate the exterior too.

Old 09-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Pinky all stinky

Makes ergonomic sense to me. Unless you're really fat, obviously you'll be covering the controls, but even then they're located to the extreme outer area of the seats. I still don't like that design, though. On the doors or the center console is where I'm used to seeing them, and I like the seats to look intact.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Racer

good point phile......ergonomically, the controls being on the inside top of the seats, is actually very useful
for those who simply "hate" that choice...jump in an infiniti and try em out....the controls are super easy to use and it's nice to see what you're doing

we're more used to seeing and using the controls either on the bottom outside of the seats, or the upper door panels, al la MB

i much prefer either the MB design choice, or the infiniti design choice

either way, i applaud infiniti for not simply accepting the status quo, but rather approaching design/ergonomics with a clean sheet and trying to create a design that works better than what already exists

oh yea....the blanket "nissan/infiniti is crap" comments are real mature - well done guys
Old 09-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by uncsuperman

oh yea....the blanket "nissan/infiniti is crap" comments are real mature - well done guys
Now you can use the fan boys label
Old 09-23-2004, 12:21 AM
Racer

haha.....i hear ya phile...i hear ya

perhaps i did apply that label SLIGHTLY too soon in the other thread.....but i'm glad you see my point
Old 09-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Racer

Aside from the cheap interior, the most common complaint I hear about G35s is the seat control location. Too many people have the controls jab into their thigh as they're driving and cause discomfort.

Part of the problem is that people are all different. Some are bigger and some like to drive "spead-eagle". The only perfect seat is a custom molded one but when you position the seat controls like Infiniti does, you limit the range of seat comfort for a large sub-group of drivers.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Racer

hhmm....that's interesting, because if i'm not mistaken, the seat controls are recessed into the side thigh bolster

they actually sit BELOW the line of the thigh bolster, thereby making it impossible for the controls to be the culprit in terms of something "jabbing" into someone's leg
perhaps the thigh bolster is too strong or upright for some people...but like you said, the only perfect seat is one that is custom made

any proper sports sedan should have aggressive side bolstering, both in the thigh and in the back/shoulder areas
infiniti simply cuts out a portion of the thigh bolster, to insert the seat controls into

my dad has an FX, which i drive a lot, and i can't see anyway the controls could "jab" into someone

the design choice isn't for everyone, as we can see......but i think it makes ergonomic sense, just like phile said.....it's just a clean sheet design, one we're not used to.....i think it'll stick around though
Old 09-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scorp76

Is that why Nissan replaced Honda as the NO.2 Japanese car maker world wide?....btw, Scorp76 Do you even drive kid? Or do you wish you have a TL?
Old 09-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
It looks like the father of an g35 sedan, anyways I love it.

Quick Reply: Infiniti: M-Series news **Hybrid Revealed (page 34)**