Hyundai: Santa Fe News

Old 08-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by chungkopi
anyway, santa fe's closest rival is a highlander and murano. not rav4.
You're right...I completely forgot about the Tucson in the lineup!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed in New York: Seven-Passenger Version Replaces Veracruz

Just the Facts:

Hyundai will offer two versions of the Santa Fe, a five-passenger and a seven-passenger.
The five-seat Santa Fe Sport uses four-cylinder engines and goes on sale in September.
The V6-equipped Santa Fe will launch in January 2013 and replaces the Veracruz.

NEW YORK — Hyundai actually unveiled two vehicles at the 2012 New York Auto Show. There's the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, which seats five and uses exclusively four-cylinder engines. Then, there's the standard-size 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. It has a 4-inch-longer wheelbase (110.2 inches) and is 6.5 inches longer overall (193.1 inches). It seats seven and comes with a V6 only.

This seven-passenger crossover SUV is Hyundai's replacement for the Veracruz, which will end production when this larger Santa Fe goes on sale in January 2013. The Santa Fe Sport goes on sale this September.

With these new crossovers, Hyundai will more aggressively go after "families with two or more kids," John Krafcik told the crowd at Javits. And indeed, the new Santa Fe siblings appear to offer the same combination of style, performance, features and impressive EPA ratings that have made the Sonata and Elantra so likable.

The base engine in the Santa Fe Sport is the familiar direct-injected 2.4-liter inline-4 rated at 190 horsepower and an estimated 181 pound-feet of torque. Optional is the company's turbocharged and direct-injected 2.0-liter inline-4 rated at 264 hp and 269 lb-ft.

On the regular-size Santa Fe, you get the direct-injected 3.3-liter V6 from the Azera rated at 290 hp in this application; Hyundai has not yet released a torque rating. A six-speed automatic is standard with all three engines, and an all-wheel-drive system is optional. At first glance, it's just your typical light-duty AWD system that drives only the front wheels until more traction is needed, but Hyundai has included a brake-based torque-vectoring feature to make it more versatile.

Projected fuel economy ratings are 23 mpg city/31 mpg highway/25 combined with the base 2.4-liter engine and 22/31/25 with the 2.0T engine. Hyundai hasn't made any predictions for the V6-equipped Santa Fe just yet.

A significant weight loss should help performance across the board. The base front-wheel-drive Santa Fe Sport is 266 pounds lighter than a comparable version of the outgoing model, as 38 percent of the unit-body is high-tensile steel compared to just 8 percent previously. An all-wheel-drive, seven-passenger Santa Fe tops out at 4,000 pounds — about 400 pounds lighter than our long-term 2008 Veracruz.

The standard equipment list on all versions of the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe models includes a driver knee airbag, a 40/20/40-split second-row seat, Bluetooth, a USB input and the BlueLink telematics system. Options include a panoramic sunroof, a heated steering wheel, a heated rear seat, a navigation system, and on the V6 Santa Fe only, blind spot monitoring.

Inside Line says: Expect the Santa Fe siblings to shake up the balance of power in the family crossover segment.
http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/sa...-veracruz.html

I'm getting rid of the Ody...
Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
front end ok
side profile looks like MB
rear
Old 04-04-2012, 03:37 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Veracruz.

I actually liked the styling of the Veracruz, but this new Santa Fe is sharp (and HUGE).

Old 04-04-2012, 03:49 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Side profile is fantastic!

She's got a big mouth!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
I like...can't wait to see it in person.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:24 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
This and the new Escape will be getting a looksie in a few months!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:38 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
5 passager Santa fe rear shot.

I am definitely liking the rear of 5 passager vs. 7 passager.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
I think this is the first actual road test of the new Santa Fe:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rt_first_test/

In just three generations, the Hyundai Santa Fe has gone from goofy to good-looking, from also-ran to true compact crossover contender. For the all-new 2013 model, the Santa Fe gets a new name, new engine, and more standard and available features. Hyundai has morphed its volume crossover into a two-vehicle line: the short-wheelbase 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport we just tested, and the long-wheelbase Santa Fe, which replaces the outgoing Veracruz.

Though it's the vehicle with the new name, the Santa Fe Sport rides on the same length wheelbase as the previous model. It's a half-inch longer, nearly a half-inch narrower, and sits 1.8 inches lower. The Sport also gets the new engine. Replacing last year's topline 3.5-liter V-6 is a version of Hyundai's 2.0-liter turbo four with 264 horsepower on tap. (If you want six-cylinder power, you'll have to wait for the big boy, three-row Santa Fe.) The normally aspirated 190-horsepower, 2.4-liter four is the carryover mill, but it's been updated with direct injection and delivers more power than before. Both are backed by a six-speed automatic with different gear ratios.

We recently had the opportunity to drive and test both flavors of the Santa Fe Sport: a 2.0T with all-wheel drive and a 2.4-liter-powered front driver. The 2.0T moved the Sport to 60 mph in 9.1 seconds. While that's only two-tenths faster than the far less powerful 2.4-liter, most of the increase in speed can be attributed to the near 260-pound weight penalty the AWD turbo carries. The turbo Sport completed the quarter mile in 16.8 seconds at 82.7 mph and stopped from 60 mph in 122 feet.

But with the 2.0T we tested, performance data doesn't tell the whole story. At the track, it felt quick off the line and throttle response was excellent from a stop. On the road, though, there were noticeable flat spots in the acceleration curve that made power feel decidedly uneven. In addition (at least in the vehicle we tested), it felt as if the transmission programming were not quite in tune with the engine's power. On twisty roads, we'd want to accelerate out of a turn but would have to wait -- or mash the throttle -- for the transmission to downshift. This would be an excellent premium engine choice with some tweaks to the transmission and perhaps the turbocharger.

Those who choose the base engine will find that even though this is technically the entry-level choice, it delivers power more smoothly than the turbo we tested, and reached 60 mph in 9.3 seconds. It went through the quarter mile in 16.9 seconds at 82.1 mph, and took two feet longer than the turbo model to brake from 60. While the 2.4-liter doesn't feel overwhelmingly fast, it is a decent engine that puts out respectable power -- 15 hp more than last year's model. Under hard acceleration, its engine note is somewhat coarse, but given the choice between quick and unpredictable and slightly slower with more linear power delivery, better fuel economy, and a lower price (about $3250 less than the 2.0T), the 2.4-liter is the more appealing option.

Engines aside, there are many similarities between the two Santa Fe Sports. As you can see, the 2013 model is quite attractive, inside and out. The new bodylines give the Santa Fe the most elegant, mature look this vehicle has ever had, without losing any youthful appeal. The cabin also feels elegant and classy, and as is often the case with Hyundai, there are plenty of features available with the Santa Fe Sport. The panoramic sunroof, heated steering wheel and heated front seats, and a windshield-wiper de-icer are things you would expect in a luxury model, yet impressively, they're options here. The center stack is stylish, like the rest of the interior, yet its looks don't go over the top. Controls are easy to identify and use, making this a great match of good looks and intuitive function. There is also plenty of storage in the cabin. If we could change one thing, it would be to improve NVH -- there were some noticeable squeaks and rattles, and too much wind noise at times.

If exterior and interior styling and the numerous amenities you get for the money are the Sport's strong suits, its weaknesses are steering and suspension feel. Both Sports we tested had three different steering modes: Comfort, Normal, and Sport, yet no matter what mode it was in, there was little steering feedback. In addition, when driving hard, the suspension seemed easily confused (front and rear felt out of sync), and there were secondary body motions during aggressive maneuvers. We realize we drive vehicles hard during testing, and these issues likely won't be a problem for most drivers, but it does make us wonder how the suspension would respond if a driver had to make an emergency maneuver. The ride is not as comfortable as in others in its class, and you can feel more bumps than in other crossovers.

It seems like we say the same thing every time we drive a new generation Santa Fe: It would only take a few tweaks to make this vehicle best in its class. Hyundai has done a fine job once again with the Sport's styling and overall value (the brand's strong suits), but continues to struggle with suspension and steering. Until the company addresses those issues, the Santa Fe won't be at the head of the compact crossover class.

I'm surprised the Santa Fe 2.0T with 264hp is that slow!

0-60mph: 9.1s
1/4 mile: 16.8s@82.7mph
Weight: 3936lb (which is not that heavy)

The RDX with similar power to weight ratio is considerably faster.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
that's pretty bad showing for a turbo.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:15 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Yea....it's not the first time I have seen a Hyundai performs slower than the power ratings suggest but this particular case is especially bad......I''d give the benefit of the doubt now and wait for another road test by another magazine......
Old 02-06-2018, 08:47 AM

Received 5,289 Likes on 3,623 Posts
https://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2019-santa_fe/

Hyundai Motor unveiled first images of the New Generation Hyundai Santa Fe. The company's largest passenger car, it represents Hyundai's strong SUV heritage and continues its global success story. The fourth generation Santa Fe is a powerful, premium-designed SUV with class-leading roominess.

The Hyundai Santa Fe displays a modern and elegant appearance complemented by eye-catching twin headlights and the Cascading Grille, Hyundai's SUV-family identity. The exterior design is characterised by a powerful wide stance and an athletic, bold look. It features refined lines that reinforce the car's status at the top of Hyundai's SUV line-up. The Santa Fe interior design combines premium quality with a horizontal and roomy layout and enhanced visibility.

Its exterior dimensions make the New Generation Hyundai Santa Fe appear even more prominent. With a length of 4,770 mm, a width of 1,890 mm and a longer wheelbase, it also provides more comfort for its passengers.

Hyundai truly cares about the customer's well-being and offers best-in-class safety features.

As part of its SmartSense technology, the Santa Fe offers a comprehensive package of Hyundai's latest active safety features, making advanced technology affordable. Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist is a Hyundai first. When reversing out of areas with low visibility, the system not only warns the driver if vehicles approach from the side - it also applies the brakes automatically. The Safety Exit Assist prevents accidents when vehicles approach from behind by temporarily locking the doors, so that passengers will exit the car safely.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
From fhe initial camo pics and sketches that hyundai released, I thought good god they replicated the Jeep cherokee. But actually that first pic looks pretty good and SUPER aggressive. Also reminds me a hell of a lot of the maserati levante which is not bad company. I am curious to see the powertrain(s) although I am fairly certain it is going to be a 2.4NA/1.6T and 2.0T mated to an 8AT. I’m curious to see the interior as well.

Attached Thumbnails Hyundai: Santa Fe News-470332c4-f65c-4491-8f15-8c114c3e1ade.jpeg   Hyundai: Santa Fe News-493e7223-86c6-48a3-99c3-46bd4c1f29fc.jpeg  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Well just found a pic of the new interior and I have to say it looks super clean. Hyundai has a knack for making very clean conservative interiors (no suprise since shryer is in charge). I really like the (plasti?)wood trim piece that comes from the doors and goes up along the dash, the RDX prototype has a very similar wood trim design which I really like.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:31 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,454 Likes on 923 Posts
I don't like the Cherokee/Truckster look of the headlights below the headlight housing. I think the current Santa Fe Sport design is appealing.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by RPhilMan1
I don't like the Cherokee/Truckster look of the headlights below the headlight housing. I think the current Santa Fe Sport design is appealing.
True, it’s not my favorite trend but it doesn’t look nearly as bad as some other cars with this design.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I think we may see more of this in the future. LED headlights don’t need a lot of surface area but European pedestrian impact standards require a broad front surface area so you have to do something with all that space.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by charliemike
I think we may see more of this in the future. LED headlights don’t need a lot of surface area but European pedestrian impact standards require a broad front surface area so you have to do something with all that space.
Yeah but that doesn't mean they can’t keep putting LED’s in normal looking headlights.

For some reason peter shryer came on to the scene and made all of Kia and Hyundai’s cars have a German design and style. Then with all of the latest cars he went back to more generic asian car designs. I think that head office in Korea is pushing these companies to use more in home designers. Even the stinger looks amazing and yet it has all these excessive vents and crap that speak to that generic asian design type styling. I’m curious to see what the next gen is going to look like for the Kia lineup...I hope it won’t take even more steps backwards.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:24 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I think this thing looks good. I like it. A lot.

and since when when are fake air vents an Asian thing?

Either way... I liked the Stinger even more when I saw one out in the wild, then I do in photos, that's forsure. It looks like it'd be nice to drive. If only it came in a [top trim level] manual option though. Alas, good shot, but no cigar. Sigh.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TacoBello
I think this thing looks good. I like it. A lot.

and since when when are fake air vents an Asian thing?

Either way... I liked the Stinger even more when I saw one out in the wild, then I do in photos, that's forsure. It looks like it'd be nice to drive. If only it came in a [top trim level] manual option though. Alas, good shot, but no cigar. Sigh.
I do like the looks of this thing a lot as well.

I never meant that the fake vents are an asian thing, I meant that generic asian design is where they put a bunch of fake crap that makes no sense. I have seen the rear end of the stinger in person but couldn’t see the front/side so I haven’t decided if I like it yet or not.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:33 AM

Few more shots of the new Santa Fe:

Old 02-22-2018, 09:34 AM

To me, this looks like 2nd controller for 3rd row access? First I've seen where it's accessible from the driver's seat. A neat implementation.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
To me, this looks like 2nd controller for 3rd row access? First I've seen where it's accessible from the driver's seat. A neat implementation.
Holy shit, Krell Audio in a santa fe? Never thought I would see the day! I love how the speaker covers have that matching ruffled pattern like the leather on the top of the seats and the doors. I think the 7 passenger santa fe is going to be trimmed differently than the 5 passenger version. That leather ruffling at the top of the seats and on the doors is also so cool.

As for those buttons, those most likely are not for the third row. Those buttons are so that the “executive” sitting in the second row behind the front passengr can move the seat forward and backwards to make more room. (Notice there are sepearate controls for the back rest and seat bottom). They usually have those buttons in executive sedans like the A8 and 7-sereie...etc. Strange to see it here in the Santa fe. Hyunrai keeps on making moves upmarket.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:16 PM

Didn't think about that.
My grandmother's S-class has front passenger seat controls for the drive as well, though a lot more than just fore/back control.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:37 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
That front end is
Old 02-23-2018, 12:40 AM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
Holy shit, Krell Audio in a santa fe? Never thought I would see the day! I love how the speaker covers have that matching ruffled pattern like the leather on the top of the seats and the doors. I think the 7 passenger santa fe is going to be trimmed differently than the 5 passenger version. That leather ruffling at the top of the seats and on the doors is also so cool.
While I know Hyundai went more upmarket with the new Santa Fe b/c of the European market, Krell Audio is certainly a surprise.

The current 3-row Santa Fe has been renamed the Santa Fe XL - which will be getting replaced by a larger 3-row under a new naming scheme, so should have a different interior design.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by YEH
While I know Hyundai went more upmarket with the new Santa Fe b/c of the European market, Krell Audio is certainly a surprise.

The current 3-row Santa Fe has been renamed the Santa Fe XL - which will be getting replaced by a larger 3-row under a new naming scheme, so should have a different interior design.

In Canada the long wheelbase 3-row santa fe is currently called the “Santa fe XL” so it’s nothing new for us. In the current santa fe lineup the 3-row and 2-row versions have the same interior setup and pretty much everything is exactly the same. So it’s nice to see that they are differentiating the 3-row version with a nicer interior setup (I know this because the 2-row is coming out with an infinity system like it currently does, so the krell and ruffling is for the long wheel base version). I wonder how different the 3-row version will be this time.

Are you saying they are going to rename the “Santa fe XL” to something else due to a new naming scheme? Are they renaming all their cars?

Last edited by RDX10; 02-23-2018 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:19 AM

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/f...mate-2-0t-awd/

PARK CITY, Utah — Believe it or not, today we’re drifting in a 2019 Hyundai Santa FeUltimate 2.0T compact SUV. We’re slipping and sliding down a deserted country road somewhere near the Timber Lakes area of the Beehive State.

Thanks to AWD coupling, controlled braking, and some nifty torque vectoring voodoo, Hyundai’s Traction (HTRAC) all-wheel-drive system corrects our wayward driving antics. Despite the assistance, the Santa Fe is a hoot to drive and impressive for a small SUV.

It’s raining and there’s lightning flashing in the distant mountains where the Santa Fe’s big clamshell-shaped hood is pointed. The Machine Gray paint blends in nicely with the big overcast sky and the black on black interior matches our hearts.

The surrounding countryside is filled with birch and pine trees and there’s a flock of sheep on the surrounding hills. It’s super quiet in the cabin thanks to new sound padding, better insulation materials, and gobs of fancy adhesives. Out on the highway it easily shames some pricier Lexus SUVs I’ve recently driven.

Actually, the cabin is so quiet I fail to hear a big white barking dog chasing along side of us—who’s obviously not a fan. I give the fourth-generation Santa Fe a little gas to avoid clipping the beast.

Under the hood, the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine delivers 235 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. That’s plenty of boost to avoid a crazy dog, fellow commuters, and other wayward critters.

There’s also a 2.4-liter four-cylinder available with 185 horsepower and 178 pound-feet of torque, but we didn’t test it during our brief run. Both engines feature Hyundai’s new eight-speed automatic transmission, which performed admirably on the mountain and valley roads.

Our Ultimate trim SUV weighs 3,591-pounds and is lighter than all of its competitors including the new Chevrolet Blazer, Jeep Cherokee, Subaru Outback, Nissan Murano, Ford Edge, and Kia Sorento.

Santa Fe features Idle Stop & Go technology that is standard on both engines to save fuel. Fortunately, you can disable it if you choose to do so, unlike the systems found in the Chevy Equinox and Traverse. There are three driving modes to choose from: Comfort, Sport, and Smart—Comfort mode felt bouncy on the road, Sport tightened the steering wheel, and I didn’t notice any significant difference in Smart mode—but it could be my own dumb luck.

I’ll have to get back to you on the Santa Fe’s 0-60 mph time, but the rear hands-free Smart Liftgate opens in a blistering 4.5 seconds. Trevor Lai, Hyundai product planning manager, promises us it won’t break an ankle while opening it remotely during a presentation at the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley.

Our five-passenger SUV sports a panoramic roof, roof side rails, slivery LED headlights like the Kona’s, a beefier grille, heated side mirrors with turn signals, Satin Chrome door handles, and around back its rear turn signals are located way below the taillights.

Inside there’s a 7.0-inch LCD Instrument cluster that’s a little cramped, but still easy to read and a neat little shelf above the glove box. It’s perfect for holding a cellphone, knickknacks, and a pair of Ray-Bans.

The second row seats fold flat 60/40 and offer 71.3 feet of cargo volume. With the seats up there’s 35.9 feet of volume behind the second row for your loot. In the place of a spare tire, there’s a hidden tray area to keep valuables safe. Personally, I would rather have a spare.

Hyundai SmartSense safety features are standard on the Santa Fe and include: forward collision-avoidance assist with pedestrian detection, blind-spot collision-avoidance assist, lane keeping assist, rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist, safe exit assist, smart cruise control with stop and go, and driver attention warning.

Safe exit assist is a system that detects approaching vehicles from the rear. The driver receives an audible warning with a pop up in the gauge cluster and the rear doors remain locked. Hyundai says this prevents kids or rear passengers from opening a door without looking first.

On the dash, there’s an 8.0-inch navigation system that’s Android Auto and Apple CarPlay friendly, Blue Link, and an Infinity Premium stereo system with surround sound. Listening to Johnny Cash cover Hank Snow’s “I’ve Been Everywhere” again, and again sounds great on it too.

There are five trims to choose from: SE, SEL, SEL Plus, Limited, and our new favorite Ultimate. Sport has been dropped due to lack of sportsmanship.

Base price starts at $26,480 for the 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine SE trims and goes up to $36,430 for the top of the line Ultimate trim, plus $1,700 for AWD models. It’s available in nine exterior flavors and three interior color palettes. The new materials look and feel good and they should at this price.

Not far out of town, we took the Santa Fe up a muddy, rock infested incline similar to roads I have driven in Bolivia, Costa Rica, Peru, and New Jersey—and the Santa Fe performed like a champ.

Mind you it’s no Trail Rated Jeep Cherokee replacement, but it gets the job done handily. Be sure to rent one when you are traveling north or south of the border next summer.

The 2019 Santa Fe is assembled in Montgomery, Alabama along with the Elantra and Sonata sedans. Hyundai has sold more than 1.6 million Santa Fes since it was first introduced nearly two decades ago. Now that’s a lot of likes.2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD SpecificationsON SALENowPRICE$36,430 (base) $39,905 (as-tested)ENGINE2.0L DOHC 16-valve turbocharged inline-four/235 hp @ 6,000 rpm, 260 lb-ft @ 1,450–3,500; 2.4L DOHC 16-valve inline-four/185 hp @ 6,000 rpm, 178 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpmTRANSMISSION8-speed automaticLAYOUT4-door, 5-passenger, front-engine, AWD SUVEPA MILEAGE19/24 mpg (city/hwy); 21/27 mpg (city/hwy)L x W x H187.8 x 74.4 x 67.1 inWHEELBASE108.9 inWEIGHT3,591 lb0-60 MPH9.5 sec (est)TOP SPEED110 mph (est)

Old 08-30-2018, 01:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Those fucking headlights.... ruined a perfectly good car!!
The following users liked this post:
RPhilMan1 (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 01:33 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

The previous gen Sante Fe Sport was very good looking. Now they went with the Jeep Cherokee look (which Jeep even went away from) and Truckster look. Totally ruined it. Very ugly.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:10 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I think they are caught between LED headlights not needing the same real estate and EU rules about pedestrian impact zones.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:45 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RPhilMan1
The previous gen Sante Fe Sport was very good looking. Now they went with the Jeep Cherokee look (which Jeep even went away from) and Truckster look. Totally ruined it. Very ugly.
Going to disagree; imo an improvement over the previous look.

And unlike the dorky-looking Cherokee, Hyundai did it right w/ the Santa Fe - making the DRLs look like aggressive looking headlights.

Also, get used to the look (btw, Citroen was doing the split headlight look before Jeep) as the new Blazer and new CUVs from Skoda (among others) have also gone w/ the split design.

Here's a spy shot of the front of the Palisade.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Team Owner

^ I highly doubt that will become the trendy look..... unless the Germans start doing it... fuck i will send them a letter if they did that.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:01 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

^ Well, depends if you consider Skoda to be German.

And wouldn't count out for auto-makers going down this route as it allows for lower positioning of the headlight modules which improves road illumination and lessens blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Team Owner

I think it is debatable if lowering position actually improve the visibility... ( see fog lights)

i would assume, the lower the light is, the less angles it has to shine further and wider. If anything, it will have to aim higher, which actually blinds driver.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:49 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

I really really hope designs don't start going that direction. There is no beauty to that. Might as well slap vertical light bars on all cars then.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:42 AM

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/03/...a-fe-revealed/

BMW isn't the only carmaker pushing its design language in a more expressive direction. Hyundai introduced the fifth-generation Santa Fe with a head-turning look, available hybrid power, and plenty of technology inside.

Hyundai's bread-and-butter SUV has come a very long way since the original model made its debut in 2000. While some of its predecessors leaned towards the anonymous end of the design scale, the new Santa Fe stands out in a growing segment with a wide grille underlined by a strip of bright trim and headlights split by T-shaped daytime running lights that look a little bit like Volvo's Thor's Hammer lights rotated by about 90 degrees.

Its side profile and overall proportions are very similar to the outgoing model's. Out back, the T-shaped motif appears again and a thin light bar accentuates the Santa Fe's width. Hyundai noted it made the wheel arches a little bit wider to convey a sense of power and filled them with 20-inch alloy wheels. Some will love the look, and others will inevitably hate it. What's certain is that it won't fly under the radar, and that's what stylists aimed for.

Hyundai retained the outgoing Santa Fe's basic interior layout but made it more comfortable and more spacious. It said every component is finished in premium soft-touch material, and it pointed out the high center console makes the front passengers feel like they're sitting in an armchair. We'll rate its living room quotient when we get the chance to sit behind the wheel. In the meantime, we don't need to leave our own armchair to see interior designers carved out additional storage by replacing the gear selector with four buttons on the center console.

The driver faces a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, though we don't know if it's standard across the range or limited to upmarket trims. There's also a 10.25-inch touchscreen for the infotainment system propped up on the dashboard. Its cargo capacity hasn't been published yet; for context, the Santa Fe currently found in showrooms offers 35.9 cubic feet of space behind the second row and 71.3 cubes with the rear seats folded.

Hyundai isn't ready to talk about technical specifications for the American market, but it confirmed the European lineup will include hybrid (pictured) and plug-in hybrid options as well as gasoline- and diesel-burning burning-cylinder engines. The Santa Fe is built on the same N3 platform as the latest Sonata, and the architecture was developed with electrification in mind from the get-go. With that said, we're not expecting a fully electric model.

Front-wheel drive and an automatic transmission will come standard, and all-wheel drive will be offered at an extra cost. Models with four driven wheels will receive Terrain Mode technology that lets the driver use a center console-mounted knob to select one of several driving profiles including sand, snow and mud, eco, sport, comfort, and smart. The last two analyze the driving style and automatically select the most suitable profile.

The fifth-generation Hyundai Santa Fe will arrive in American showrooms before the end of 2020 as a 2021 model. American market-specific information (including pricing) will be released in the coming weeks.

​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hyundai: Santa Fe News