Hyundai: Elantra / i30 News

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 01:29 PM

Received 5,292 Likes on 3,626 Posts
https://www.motor1.com/news/308893/2...elantra-sport/

The 2019 Hyundai Elantra went on sale in late 2018, but the automaker's press photos didn't include shots of the Sport trim's slightly different appearance. Now you can get a better look at the meaner looking, more powerful model, thanks to the brand's configurator. Building one with all of the options, including the whole suite of accessories, results in a sedan that costs $28,815 (after the mandatory $920 destination charge).

Unlike the other Elantra sedan trims (like the Limited grade in the gallery below), the Sport model uses a 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder that produces 201 horsepower (150 kilowatts) and 195 pound-feet (264 Newton-meters) of torque. As standard, the mill hooks up to a six-speed manual gearbox, but buyers can pay $1,100 for a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. Both units drive the front wheels.

The Elantra Sport is noticeable on the outside from the mesh grille insert that replaces the standard crossbars. It also rides on dark, multi-spoke 18-inch wheels that include some machined faces that add extra highlights. LED headlights are standard, too.

Unlike the previous generation Sport trim, the tweaks give the Elantra quite an aggressive look, rather than the earlier, more subtle appearance. At least to our eyes, it's a step backwards, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The Elantra Sport is available in six exterior colors: white, two shades of silver, red, blue, and black. All of them come with black leather upholstery on the inside.

Other than paint color, the only factory option is the Premium Package for $2,250. It adds quite a bit of equipment, including navigation, an eight-speaker stereo, dual-zone automatic climate control, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and three years of Hyundai's Blue Link Connected Car service.

There are also an additional $1,945 of accessories to add. The pieces include the usual items like a trunk net ($50), mudguards ($115), floor mats (cloth for $125 or all-weather for $130), interior ambient lighting ($250), and illuminated door sills ($250).
Old 03-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,827 Likes on 3,849 Posts
$30k for a Hyundai Elantra?
Old 03-11-2019, 03:30 PM

And for the US-spec sedan, not the Euro-spec i30 hatch, which would surely be the more fun option.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Well there’s a bit of fudging going on there. Yes, if you get the DCT N-Line with the optional package and All the accessories then it’s $28K. But a 6MT N-Line is $24K.

Limits active safety tech but still has leather and CarPlay. I think it’s a decent deal. Need to drive it because my wife’s 2013 Elantra GT is too cheap.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:31 AM

https://www.motor1.com/news/347518/h...n-awd-testing/

The possibility of an all-wheel-drive i30 N is not exactly breaking news, but Hyundai has now confirmed they’re actually building and testing prototypes of a potential VW Golf R competitor. Speaking with Cars Guide, the company’s public relations manager in Australia, Guido Schenken, made the announcement about the possibility of an all-paw hot hatch, adding an AWD layout has been part of the car’s strategy from day one.

N boss, Albert Biermann, has previously said Hyundai’s go-faster division is serious about launching performance cars with AWD, and by the looks of it, the i30 N could be the first one. Should it get the proverbial green light, it might also mean the i30 N Fastback will send power to both axles. Consequently, the Veloster N could also theoretically accommodate an all-wheel-drive layout since the quirky hatchback is heavily related to the two i30 models. However, nothing is confirmed at this point.

Interestingly, Cars Guide has learned from a consultant working with Hyundai Australia that the all-wheel-drive layout and the rear suspension setup of the Kona are compatible with the i30: “Both cars sit on the same platform and the Kona’s rear-end bolts right in.” This means Hyundai is thinking of a Kona N – for which at least one prototype was built about a year ago as per a statement made by Biermann.

Aside from developing an AWD system tailored to its N-badged cars, Hyundai’s performance division is also toying around with the idea of a dual-clutch automatic transmission. Last time we heard, which was back in March 2018, the DCT-equipped i30 N is slated for a late 2019 release. In addition, a two-pedal Veloster N might have been spotted last month at the Nürburgring, but we can’t be 100% sure.

What this means is that the N’s future looks bright: all-wheel drive, dual-clutch automatic transmission, and even a halo car likely of the mid-engined variety.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:50 AM

https://jalopnik.com/hyundai-twists-...kes-1834779532

early hours of the morning, seasonal allergies and Hyundai offering a manual Elantra in America. Not to shake your faith in reality, but that last one is no more, as Hyundai’s dropping the manual for 2020 and hiking the base price by nearly $2,000.

Hyundai Motor America announced pricing for the 2020 Hyundai Elantra on Tuesday, saying it arrives in dealerships this springwith better fuel economy, more safety features and a new, standard continuously variable transmission. (Spring is almost over, Hyundai, but don’t rush yourself or anything.)

All of that costs money, though: The 2020 Elantra now starts at $18,950 before destination fees, up nearly $2,000from the 2019 starting price of $17,100 before destination. Standard features on the 2020 car, from the base SE to the $23,800 Limited trim, include dual automatic temperature control and safety technology like forward collision-avoidance assist, lane-keep assist and driver-attention warning, which detects drowsy or inattentive driving and alerts the driver of it.

But one of the biggest differences isn’t in safety features, it’s in transmission and trim offerings. Starting in the 2020 model year, the manual isn’t included on American models—upping prices and reducing trim options. Hyundai’s also moving from its six-speed automatic to the CVT on the Elantra, and keeping its seven-speed dual-clutch transmission on the Eco and Sport trims.

Everything considered, the new transmission lineup for the 2020 Elantra looks similar to that of the 2020 Soulfrom Hyundai’s sister company, Kia.

Alas, it seems like all things do come to an end—even the manual Hyundai Elantra. Now, if someone could just do something about these seasonal allergies and hungry cats at 5 a.m., it might make this news a little easier to bear.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:17 AM
Race Director

Received 3,262 Likes on 2,026 Posts
Old 07-19-2019, 09:31 AM
Ex-OEM King

I had a normal i30 with the base 99hp engine in Iceland for a week. It was solidly adequate as a mode of transportation. With a hotter engine, better MT, and stiffer suspension it would have been a riot. The overall car itself is quite good with decent space and comfortable seats. Definitely a good place to sit for 1500 miles.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:34 AM
Race Director

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts
I've started seeing the Elantra hatch GT on the roads, which certainly stands out in the sea of sedans and SUV/CUVs.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:38 AM

I drove a base Elantra GT Sport with the DCT when I was shopping. It wasn't quite the riot of the GTI, but it was quite an enjoyable hatch, and undercut the GTI on price, at the expense of a tiny amount of performance & some less nice finishing inside.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:30 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2...0_n_project_c/

At the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show, Hyundai Motor launched the i30 N Project C limited edition, a lighter, lower and more extreme version of the critically acclaimed i30 N. The Project C interpretation of the brand's first-ever high-performance model intensifies the i30 N experience using 'added lightness' and even more responsive handling - for more smiles for our most demanding drivers. It is 50 kgs lighter (officially: 50.004 kgs lighter), sits 6 mm closer to the road, and features strong exterior and interior design.

Inspired by motorsport, the i30 N is Hyundai Motor's original high-performance car to wear the N badge and debuted in 2017 to rave reviews and multiple awards. Built on the i30 five-door, it was developed from the ground up to deliver maximum fun-to-drive in everyday life on the road as well as on the track. N is Hyundai Europe's emotional expression for dedicated customers, and Project C is its truest expression yet.

The Hyundai i30 N Project C's unique specifications include clearly visible carbon-fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP) body parts lacquered smooth to show the perfect carbon fibre weave. The front splitter, rear diffuser, bonnet and N-branded side sills are all made from CFRP, making the special edition model not just lighter but also tighter to the tarmac at speed while being stunning to look at. Despite featuring a larger frontal area and standing lower to the ground, the Project C drag coefficient of 0.32 remains the same as on the i30 N. Meanwhile, dedicated aerodynamic touches placed high and low on Project C also contribute to an exhilaratingly quicker but even more steady drive for confident curve slicing.

Why the letter 'C' specifically? First, the 'Area C' high-performance test track at Hyundai Namyang R&D Center is the birthplace of N. Then also, Project C is the first use ever made by Hyundai of carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP) body parts for a road car. Lastly, the effective centre of gravity for Project C is lowered by 8.8 mm as compared to the 275-PS specification of i30 N. These three Cs combine to make this captivating performance car possible.

"The i30 N Project C is the next emotional step in following the success of the i30 N, demonstrating that Hyundai is pushing the envelope even more to excite motorsport enthusiasts," says Thomas Schemera, Executive Vice President and Head of Hyundai Motor Group's Product Division. "With this limited edition, we have strategically reduced the weight of the car where it can help most, made its overall handling more immediate and optimised its design for even greater performance."

Hyundai i30 N Project C cuts weight with CFRP and aluminium

With the i30 N Project C, Hyundai has made no compromises in order to optimise the i30 N's high-performance credentials. The forged OZ racing wheels play a big part in vital unsprung weight reduction. The imposing 19-inch wheels alone account for 22 kgs of shed weight.

Using CFRP in the bonnet (-7.2 kgs), both side sills (-499 grams each), front splitter (+240 grams of pure aerodynamic function and good looks), newly designed integrated rear diffuser (-386 grams) as well as the lighter manually operated Sabelt® competition front bucket seats with CFRP backings (-7.5 kgs each), helps account for the lost weight. The Sabelt seats also provide the driver and front passenger with perfect lateral and shoulder support in an enhanced seating position geared toward performance driving.

Power remains 275 PS and overboost-torque at 378 Nm as with the i30 N with Performance Package, while the Hyundai i30 N Project C's reduced weight and added responsiveness make for noticeably enhanced feedback to the driver.

Optimised dynamics

"The steering and suspension on i30 N Project C are considered a benchmark for the most enthusiastic i30 N drivers," explains Alexander Eichler, Head of High Performance Vehicle Test and Development at Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center. "'Project C' refers specifically to the Namyang R&D Center's high-performance circuit called 'Area C'. But the car has been equally dialed in at the Nürburgring Hyundai Technical Center in Meuspath."

The Hyundai i30 N Project C is 6 mm closer to the road - with centre of gravity height effectively 8.8 mm lower - thanks to new internal calibrations for the existing i30 N dampers and new shorter higher-stiffness suspension springs. The rear wheel hangers - or 'knuckles' - at the hubs together remove a surprising 4.66 kgs as here they are made from aluminium not steel. Project C also has the rear cargo zone stiffness bar of the i30 N's Performance Package for greater overall balance at higher speeds and particularly during aggressive weight transfers in curves.

Meanwhile, all driving modes have been specifically calibrated for Project C, and both the Sport and N drive modes give drivers greater direct feedback for an even stronger fun-to-drive effect. The extremely dynamic N mode in this case is designed for the required agility and predictability while on race-track quality tarmac in the hands of more experienced drivers.

A sleek and seriously functional design

The Project C interior features Alcantara® highlights, most noticeably around the steering wheel, handbrake and manual shift lever. Like many of the changes inside the car, the brushed aluminium billet manual shift knob - shaped like a pistonhead - combines functionality and design, fitting perfectly in the hand for the short precise shifts. Not only the brake calipers outside but also all seat belts inside feature the Deep Orange colour theme used for Project C details. The look of the completely new Sabelt bucket seats also gets Deep Orange stitching and stripes. And now in Deep Orange are the drive mode and N-mode thumb paddles on the steering wheel. A limited edition xx/600 badge on the passenger side signals the exclusiveness of this limited edition.

The exterior design is dominated by dark matte grey, with all CFRP parts presenting the coveted carbon fibre weave in high gloss.

With Project C, Hyundai pushes the limits of the i30 N, providing an all-new experience as well as pure dynamic and responsive satisfaction.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:06 AM
Race Director

Hyundai unveiled the 2021 Elantra sedan via a live YouTube stream late Tuesday night, showing off its new coupe-like proportions and confirming an available hybrid powertrain.

The Korean automaker hopes that by committing to the small sedan segment, it can win market share thanks to a combination of improved product and departing domestic nameplates, such as the Chevy Cruze and Ford Focus.

To that end, the 2021 Elantra gets a complete overhaul, with new and updated powertrains underpinned by a brand-new platform. It also gets a new coupe-inspired exterior design and a tech-focused cockpit designed to lure in young buyers who want something other than a crossover.

Styling

The new Elantra's exterior design has already been teased in photos and a brief intro video, but this is our first real look at Hyundai's new styling direction, which is calls "Parametric Dynamics." Translated? Hyundai's designers were going for something sleek, but angular; sculpted, but not overwrought.

The signature design elements for the new Elantra include the sharp character lines along its flanks, a Hyundai "H"-shaped tail light design, and a a series of small elements meant to appear crystalline from a distance, tying in with the sharp lines of the Elantra's profile.

“Like the first generation, the seventh-generation Elantra/Avante has a bold character,” said Hyundai design chief Luc Donckerwolke.

“The fresh esthetic was completed through unconventional lines and a face that broke a taboo in automotive design. The new Elantra is highlighted by its stance that looks like geometric crystals and divided body surfaces to get a strong emotional response from the customers," he said.

Adding to the Elantra's visual drama is a slight increase in footprint. The car gained two inches of overall length, an inch of width and almost an inch of wheelbase; simultaneously, its roofline is almost an inch lower. Hyundai is calling it a four-door coupe, but we hate to throw the c-word around willy-nilly.

Powertrains

The 2021 Elantra will come in two flavors at launch: gasoline-only and hybrid. The former gets a carry-over 2.0-liter inline-four making 147 horsepower and 132 lb.-ft. of torque. Nothing exciting, to be sure, but it's pretty typical for the compact segment. This engine will be paired to Hyundai's revised CVT.

The more interesting variant is the hybrid. Hyundai is going after the Corolla Hybrid and Honda Insight with this new option, which is powered by a 1.6-liter ICE mated to a 1.32-kWh battery pack and a 32-kW (~43-horsepower) electric motor. Total output is 139 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque, and it's mated to a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Hyundai claims the gasoline-powered Elantra will have class-leading fuel economy, but didn't have an exact figure to share. With the hybrid, Hyundai is aiming for a 50-mpg EPA combined rating.

As an added bonus, hybrid models will be fitted with a fully independent rear suspension, whereas gasoline models are stuck with a twist-beam rear setup.

Sport sedan, but no Sport?

This is where things get a bit odd. Hyundai made a big deal in its teaser about the new Elantra marking a return to its sport sedan roots, which is an interesting and perhaps skepticism-prompting statement.

Further exacerbating this confusion is the apparent departure of the Elantra Sport, which was powered by Hyundai's 1.6-liter turbocharged four-banger and boasted an independent rear suspension, both of which lent the small sedan a reasonable degree of sport compact credibility.

Fear not. Hyundai has plans on that front. While its execs remained mum on the details, an N Line model is on the way. We expect it will pick up where the Sport left off, offering an enthusiast option short of the full-on N treatment offered on the Veloster.

Interior

This seems to be the 2021 Elantra's party piece. Hyundai is taking a page from some luxury brands by offering a dual-screen/single-housing type setup for its infotainment and driver information displays.

In top-trim models, the Elantra will have dual 10.25-inch displays integrated within a single bezel stretching from the instrument cluster to the passenger-side edge of the center stack. Hyundai brags that the two-part center screen perfectly frames both the available navigation system and smartphone mirroring apps.

Speaking of which, the Elantra can be had with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, which is still a fairly uncommon option even on many brand-new premium cars.

Tech junkies will also appreciate its available Digital Key, which allows you to use compatible smartphones to lock or unlock the car at the door handle, similar to how you'd use an iPhone at a merchant with Apple Pay, for example.

Standard safety tech for the 2021 Elantra will include forward collision avoidance, lane keeping assist, lane centering, automatic high beams, a driver attention warning system and a rearview camera with dynamic guidelines.

Those willing to shell out a little extra can add blind spot collision avoidance, smart cruise control, and highway driving assistant (HDA). HDA is Hyundai’s freeway-only semi-autonomous driving suite which integrates other existing systems to automate some driving functions and minimize driver fatigue.

Timeline

The 2021 Elantra will hit dealer lots this fall, with the first deliveries expected to take place in September. Obviously, timelines such as these are subject to external factors, and all eyes are currently on the automotive industry's supply chains as coronavirus has threatened just about every step of production and delivery.
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/17/...tra-unveiling/
Old 03-18-2020, 07:09 AM
Race Director

Old 03-18-2020, 08:43 AM

Overall, not bad, though that front end is a bit much for me.
I spy digital dash, but not a fan of the odd steering wheel.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:55 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
That may well be one of the ugliest steering wheels I have ever witnessed.

i30N Project C looks really nice. I'll be honest, even though I have been looking hot hatches in this segment, for some reason the i30N has never really called out to me. The Veloster even less so.

I try to pride myself on not being a brand loyalist/snob but for me the CTR is still the biggest winner. The Hyundai should be given a lot of credit for its bang for your buck though, even compared to the CTR - which people like to point out is also a relatively good deal in its segment.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:23 AM

The W222 clown-face wheel was bad, but this Elantra wheel is worse IMO.
The following 2 users liked this post by 00TL-P3.2:
Comfy (08-11-2020), Costco (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 11:35 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
That dead-on shot really sells the "clown face" moniker

Tach and speedo being the "eyes" and all.
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (08-11-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 12:35 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,454 Likes on 923 Posts
Horrible front end with that very low nose. The sharp lines on the side also look awkward. Did Zorro come by and slash a Z in?
Old 08-11-2020, 12:31 AM
Race Director

Hatchbacks are a tough sell in the United States. Shortly after Volkswagen confirmed it wouldn't offer the regular variant of the eighth-generation Golf in America, rival Hyundai announced 2020 was the last model year for the Elantra GT. It explained it's axing the model because consumers have shown they prefer sitting high.

Hyundai noted the Elantra GT, which represented less than 5% of Elantra sales in 2020, is leaving American showrooms "due to an expanded SUV lineup that includes the Venue and the Kona." Although both are arguably hatchbacks on stilts, they're more appealing to buyers than the Elantra GT because they're a little bit taller and they wear a more rugged-looking design. Blaming crossovers and SUVs for the GT's demise would be oversimplifying the situation, however. Skimming historical sales figures confirms motorists in the United States have shunned hatchbacks in favor of three-box sedans for years.

In 2011, Volkswagen sold 17,839 examples of the Golf (which was in its sixth generation at the time) and 150,515 units of the Jetta. (Note that neither figure includes the GTI or the Jetta SportWagen.) In 2000, sales of each model totaled 20,747 and 144,853, respectively. In 1991, they were at 8,557 and 38,017, respectively.

The two-box variants of Ford's Focus and Chevrolet's Cruze didn't fare much better, which explains why they both left the American market years ago. Dodge didn't even bother bringing the hatchback version of the Dart to the United States; it was only offered in China, where it was sold as the Fiat Ottimo. This trend is decades old.

With that in mind, Hyundai doesn't think buyers will miss the Elantra GT. It noted the zestier N-Line model will be replaced by the Elantra N-Line, which is expected to break cover in the coming weeks with a turbocharged four-cylinder tuned to deliver approximately 220 horsepower. Drivers who would have bought the standard model will either gravitate towards the Elantra sedan or choose one of the two aforementioned crossovers.

If your heart is set on a new hatchback in this segment of the market, your options are now limited to the Honda Civic (which will soon be replaced by a new American-built model), the all-wheel-drive Subaru Impreza, and the surprisingly refined Toyota Corolla. Globally, however, the Elantra GT will continue its career as planned. It's known as the i30 on the other side of the pond, where hatchbacks still sell relatively well, and it's even available with a 275-horsepower turbo four shared with the Veloster N.
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/10/...ntinued-in-us/

^ not sure why the Mazda 3 hatch was not mentioned.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:08 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Hyundai has got one leg in future. They seem to be rapidly adapting unlike the Japanese and some other OEMs.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,415 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
Hyundai has got one leg in future. They seem to be rapidly adapting unlike the Japanese and some other OEMs.
They have huge growth aspirations (trying to enter the luxury and EV space) and still have that scrappy underdog mentality, whereas other competitors appear to be content where they currently are. Mazda at least appears to be doing something (trying to move upmarket), though whether that is the right move is to be seen.
Comfy (08-11-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 08:29 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2021-i30_n/

Hyundai Motor unveiled the new i30 N, which comes with an enhanced design, a new wet-type eight-speed dual clutch transmission (N DCT), and new advanced driver assistance and safety features, providing drivers with a better experience whether they're on the road or on the track. With a variety of new features to improve both every day and high-performance driving situations, the new i30 is truly a racetrack-capable everyday sports car.

The i30 N became Hyundai's first high-performance production car when it launched in 2017. So far, over 25,000 i30 N units have been sold in Europe, and the previous sporty hot hatch has won a number of awards, including the Auto Bild Sports Car of the Year in 2018. Hyundai N models have inspired a community of fans known as "N-thusiasts".

The new Hyundai i30 N builds on the success of its predecessor. As well as offering a range of design and driving enhancements, it is also equipped with more lightweight materials, resulting in more agility and better handling.

Like the previous version, the new i30 N is available in both hatchback and fastback body types.

"Since its market debut in 2017, the Hyundai N original high-performance car has received multiple outstanding reviews and awards. Drivers seeking maximum fun-to-drive on the road as well as on the track, now receive an even wider range of performance and design features, with the new Hyundai i30 N," says Thomas Schemera, Executive Vice President and Head of Product Division at Hyundai Motor Company. "Especially the new design, new wheels, N Light Seats and the new wet-type eight-speed dual clutch transmission, make the Hyundai N experience sportier and more convenient than ever before."

​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Old 09-24-2020, 08:30 AM

Shame we couldn't get this instead/along with the Veloster N.
I drove the Elantra GT Sport & it was just about a GTI-lite. The N would possibly have been GTI+
Old 07-14-2021, 05:44 AM
Race Director

In the wake of Veloster models vanishing, Hyundai has exciting news with its latest N expansion: the 2022 Hyundai Elantra N. As expected, it features sporty but not outrageous styling, and underneath, it has the same sweet powertrains as its Veloster and Kona cousins.

The front is probably the boldest part of the car, with large inlets and blacked-out panels between them. It looks like it wishes to devour anything unfortunate enough to get in its way. A bright red front splitter matches the red side skirts and line around the rear diffuser. The tail also features a rear wing, large dual exhaust tips and a triangular reflector in the diffuser.

Inside, the Elantra N gets a unique steering wheel, sportier seats, aluminum pedals and buttons for drive modes. Optional thinner seats are available for more interior space and can come with illuminated N logos. They sit 0.4 inches lower, too. The infotainment also gets display layouts that can show oil and coolant temperature, boost pressure and torque output. Lap times and some telemetry can also be displayed and then viewed later on the Hyundai N app, which will be available to existing N owners later. On top of all that, the Elantra N will have digital engine sounds that can be turned on and adjusted to fit your preferences. You can even choose TCR race car sounds. Of course, you ought to just turn it off and enjoy the natural noises made by the Elantra N's variable exhaust.

Powering the Elantra N is a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine with which we've become familiar in the Kona N and Veloster N. It makes 276 horsepower and 289 pound-feet of torque, and can be paired with either an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic or a six-speed manual transmission. An electronically controlled limited-slip differential is standard, and sends power to the front wheels with WRC rally car-inspired axles that have integrated wheel hubs and bearings. Hyundai says they're stronger and save 3.7 pounds. Naturally, the suspension and chassis has been thoroughly updated from the regular Elantra to meet N requirements, with some of the improvements including additional bracing and new bushings. It also gets 245-millimeter-wide tires, 10-mm wider than than those on the Veloster N. Stopping it are larger brakes measuring 14.2 inches at the front, also larger than the Veloster N's.

Hyundai hasn't given pricing or availability yet, but we expect to see it go on sale by the end of the year. Pricing will likely be similar or above the Veloster N, which starts around $33,000.

2022 Hyundai Elantra N revealed with available manual (autoblog.com)
pttl (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 09:15 AM

Shocking to see it offered with a manual.
Front end is a bit extreme, but overall looks nice.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:22 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,807 Likes on 3,727 Posts
It'll probably be a blast to drive. It's gonna look great in black.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:13 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Some nice improvements to the powertrain and suspension components, but don't think any color is going to make it look better.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:45 PM
My first Avatar....

I kinda like the look of the car.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:49 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Well, you're definitely in the minority...
Old 07-14-2021, 09:58 PM
My first Avatar....

That's OK. I enjoy going against the grain.
Old 07-15-2021, 09:55 AM

Black (or dark gray/blue) would definitely hide the polarizing front end, I think. That's the only real detractor on the looks, for me.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:16 AM

https://jalopnik.com/heres-everythin...a-n-1847519351

Hyundai has officially shown the 2022 Elantra N that the U.S. will receive. And it still looks like it’s here to take on the likes of whatever hot hatches and compacts are left in the world.The centerpiece of the Elantra N is its 276 horsepower turbocharged four shared with the Veloster N. Like a proper enthusiasts model, a six-speed manual is standard. An eight-speed wet dual-clutch transmission (Called N-DCT) is optional. With it comes a feature called “N grin shift” (NGS), which gives you a boost of 10 extra HP. Hyundai wouldn’t say how long that boost lasts, but it should be enough for, uh, whatever it is you do with an Elantra N.

There are other performance goodies too like launch control and an E-LSD. From Hyundai:

ELANTRA N’s handling performance is further enhanced by the N Corner Carving Differential (e-LSD), Variable Exhaust Valve System and Launch Control—all of which are specialized, high-performance standard features. For DCT models, N Grin Shift (NGS), N Power Shift (NPS) and N Track Sense Shift (NTS) are standard features that maximize driving engagement.
Annoyingly though, piping artificial engine sound into the cabin, which Hyundai calls N Sound Equalizer, remains. Not only does it “enhance” the engine sound, but it’s also capable of simulating sounds from other Hyundai motorsport cars. Luckily, if you don’t want to hear fake engine noise, there’s a variable active exhaust that I’m sure sounds just as great as the Veloster N’s.

There’s no word on pricing or an on-sale date yet, but Hyundai briefly mentioned that there are seven, count ‘em, seven N and N-Line vehicles coming through 2022. Including this, the Veloster and Kona N, as well as the Tuscon and Sonata N-line, I’m excited to know what’s next. Santa Cruz N? I’d even be ok with a Palisade N.

Old 08-23-2021, 02:00 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
That button looks quite ridiculous on that car.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:13 PM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by imj0257
That button looks quite ridiculous on that car.
the 6MT doesn't have it.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:20 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2...mited_edition/

Hyundai Motor has announced the i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition, an exclusive, special version of the high-performance Hyundai i30 N hatchback. This unique edition of the new i30 N delivers the same high-performance driving experience with a distinctive exterior and interior design. 800 units will be available with 75 for the UK market, 545 for other European markets and 180 for Australian market.

To develop the i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition, Hyundai enhanced the current i30 N using market feedback, media feedback, and inspiration by N-thusiasts - its community of Hyundai N fans - who have already been modifying their own vehicles. The exclusive edition is available in two body colours - Phantom Black Pearl and the new Serenity White Pearl.

The Hyundai i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition is equipped with the i30 N's 2.0 T-GDi engine, with peak power of 280PS and 392 Nm torque, combined with Hyundai's in-house developed eight-speed wet-type dual-clutch transmission with three N performance functions for an even sportier experience: N Power Shift, N Grin Shift, and N Track Sense Shift. By using the N Grin Shift (NGS) button, the car will get a "boost" of additional 10 PS for the amount of 20 seconds.

New, exclusive design

The exterior and interior designs of the Hyundai i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition have been carried over from the new i30 N to deliver the same fun-to-drive experience wrapped in a more exclusive package.

The exterior will feature 19-inch forged alloy wheels in a dark bronze matte finish; black Hyundai badges; special decals on the side, front and rear; and two dedicated Drive-N badges in dark bronze matte on the side fenders. The badges on the i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition also display the GPS coordinates of the home of the N models, the Hyundai Motor Europe Test Center at Nürburgring in Germany. Hyundai's high-performance cars are developed, tested, and honed at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife since 2011.

The interior of each unit is outfitted with a unique numbered badge, depicting its position among the limited volume of 800 total units. Instead of leather, Alcantara with red stitching will cover the steering wheel, gear lever, armrest, and handbrake. All accents decorating the interior will be in red colour. This applies to the seat belts in the front and rear, the steering wheel N buttons, the inserts and stitching of the N Light Seats with its new pattern. The i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition also has exclusive floor mats with specific lettering.

Old 05-02-2022, 09:20 AM

Old 05-02-2022, 04:21 PM
My first Avatar....

So disappointing that the i30 isn't for the US/North American market.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:17 PM
My first Avatar....

Old 05-06-2022, 10:02 AM
Ex-OEM King

All I learned from that video is that the Accord 2.0T is fast AF and no one is going to bother buying an Integra or TLX because this is faster.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:22 AM
My first Avatar....

Fanboys will buy it.

Quick Reply: Hyundai: Elantra / i30 News