Notices
Automotive News
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda: CR-V News

 
Old 01-18-2010, 10:50 AM
  #241  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Recieved 1,876 Likes on 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX View Post
I got all excited for a minute when I read the title, then opened the thread and realized the diesel was old news, and not for the US.


...nothing to see here....move along.
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 AM
  #242  
I disagree with unanimity
iTrader: (2)
 
sho_nuff1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WI
Age: 41
Posts: 14,036
Recieved 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX View Post
I got all excited for a minute when I read the title, then opened the thread and realized the diesel was old news, and not for the US.

Haha. Me too. I thought Honda changed their minds.
sho_nuff1997 is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
  #243  
I feel the need...
 
Fibonacci's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Motown
Posts: 14,939
Recieved 486 Likes on 348 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S View Post
...nothing to see here....move along.

Whenever I'm overseas and see how much cooler they are with the modulo fronts, Xenon HID projectors, side-turning LED indicators -- those are actually kinda neat. Why we get the dumbed down one, I have no idea.
Fibonacci is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 01:33 PM
  #244  
dom
Senior Moderator
 
dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 47,711
Recieved 797 Likes on 659 Posts
Can't recall the mag but a recent comparo placed the 2010 CR-V 3rd behind the 1st place RAV 4 and 2nd place Tiguan.

My sis bought a 2009 RAV last year and after 2 extensive test drives IMO the RAV was the better of the 2 overall. The deal closer though was the fact that the RAV was $2K cheaper. Honda wasn't even close on pricing.

Honda Canada has since smartly lowered all 2010 CR-V pricing by $1,500.

Last edited by dom; 01-18-2010 at 01:45 PM.
dom is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 01:39 PM
  #245  
Missing My CL-S
iTrader: (1)
 
SG81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,377
Recieved 13 Likes on 12 Posts
someone call me when they bring back an M/T version
SG81 is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 PM
  #246  
Registered Member
 
biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 54
Posts: 11,552
Recieved 108 Likes on 86 Posts
^ you'll be waiting a loooong time.
biker is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 05:36 PM
  #247  
TMQ
Registered Member
 
TMQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: North by Northwest
Age: 42
Posts: 607
Recieved 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want a MT, then about the only choices are VW Tiguan or Subaru Forester.

the RAV4 with the 4 cylinder can't quite compare to CR-V.
TMQ is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 07:33 PM
  #248  
dom
Senior Moderator
 
dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 47,711
Recieved 797 Likes on 659 Posts
Originally Posted by TMQ View Post

the RAV4 with the 4 cylinder can't quite compare to CR-V.
In what way exactly?
dom is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
  #249  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Age: 38
Posts: 5,577
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would consider a new CRV for my girlfriend, but the powertrain isn't up to the task. A 6 speed auto and a V6 is really needed.
Maximized is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 AM
  #250  
Registered Member
 
biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 54
Posts: 11,552
Recieved 108 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Maximized View Post
I would consider a new CRV for my girlfriend, but the powertrain isn't up to the task. A 6 speed auto and a V6 is really needed.
Because she'll be taking it to the track and that 1s quicker to 60 matters?
biker is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 AM
  #251  
dom
Senior Moderator
 
dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 47,711
Recieved 797 Likes on 659 Posts
Ya, the 4 is more than enough.

Having said that, in February's C&D the V6 RAV matched the CR-V for top fuel economy honors so its not as if you're gaining by going with a 4.
dom is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 08:24 AM
  #252  
Senior Moderator
 
LuvMyTSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Age: 39
Posts: 14,668
Recieved 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dom View Post
Can't recall the mag but a recent comparo placed the 2010 CR-V 3rd behind the 1st place RAV 4 and 2nd place Tiguan.

My sis bought a 2009 RAV last year and after 2 extensive test drives IMO the RAV was the better of the 2 overall. The deal closer though was the fact that the RAV was $2K cheaper. Honda wasn't even close on pricing.

Honda Canada has since smartly lowered all 2010 CR-V pricing by $1,500.
I think it was C&D. I read it as well.
LuvMyTSX is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 08:44 AM
  #253  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Age: 39
Posts: 18,761
Recieved 959 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by dom View Post
Ya, the 4 is more than enough.
Disagree. I would love to have a bit more power and torque in ours.
CocheseUGA is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 AM
  #254  
Senior Moderator
 
LuvMyTSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Age: 39
Posts: 14,668
Recieved 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CocheseUGA View Post
Disagree. I would love to have a bit more power and torque in ours.
Although I have never driven a CR-V, I would probably agree with this. It's a bigger vehicle than the Civic and my TSX, and I sometimes think my TSX is underpowered. I can't even imagine an SUV with a 4-banger. I think it would drive me crazy.
LuvMyTSX is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 10:17 AM
  #255  
Registered Member
 
biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 54
Posts: 11,552
Recieved 108 Likes on 86 Posts
^ that is all very subjective. In Europe the norm is about a 2L engine in small SUVs like the CR-V.
biker is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 10:52 AM
  #256  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Age: 39
Posts: 18,761
Recieved 959 Likes on 593 Posts
Still not quite enough to carry five people plus a half-full cargo area.
CocheseUGA is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 AM
  #257  
dom
Senior Moderator
 
dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 47,711
Recieved 797 Likes on 659 Posts
Originally Posted by CocheseUGA View Post
Disagree. I would love to have a bit more power and torque in ours.
I guess you can never have enough. But you still bought it.
dom is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 AM
  #258  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Age: 39
Posts: 18,761
Recieved 959 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by dom View Post
I guess you can never have enough. But you still bought it.
Hard to beat $1000.
CocheseUGA is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 11:28 AM
  #259  
dom
Senior Moderator
 
dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 47,711
Recieved 797 Likes on 659 Posts
You bought a CR-V for 1K? Year?
dom is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 11:32 AM
  #260  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Age: 39
Posts: 18,761
Recieved 959 Likes on 593 Posts
In the sig. It's been great so far (106k), but I think we're going to need a van soon.
CocheseUGA is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
  #261  
Registered Member
 
(Cj)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere out there
Age: 41
Posts: 1,270
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biker View Post
^ that is all very subjective. In Europe the norm is about a 2L engine in small SUVs like the CR-V.
Small SUVs are smaller in Europe than they are in the US. For example the European version of the Rav4 is over foot shorter than the US version. At that point a small 2L engine would be perfect...


from Toyota UK

US version
(Cj) is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
  #262  
Senior Moderator
 
LuvMyTSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Age: 39
Posts: 14,668
Recieved 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Interesting. I had no idea.
LuvMyTSX is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 09:07 PM
  #263  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Age: 38
Posts: 5,577
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biker View Post
Because she'll be taking it to the track and that 1s quicker to 60 matters?
We drive on a 2 lane road in rural Wisconsin every weekend. The extra power is welcome when passing and accelerating onto the highway. So yes, the extra hp matters.
Maximized is offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 02:39 AM
  #264  
Registered Member
 
Shift_Acura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,030
Recieved 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would take a Nissan Rogue over a CR-V or Rav 4 unless the Rav was a V6
Shift_Acura is offline  
Old 01-21-2010, 07:52 AM
  #265  
Registered Member
 
biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 54
Posts: 11,552
Recieved 108 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by (Cj) View Post
Small SUVs are smaller in Europe than they are in the US. For example the European version of the Rav4 is over foot shorter than the US version. At that point a small 2L engine would be perfect...
That shorter RAV4 only equates to a couple hundred pounds of weight savings. And that shorter version is only true of the current gen RAV4 - the previous gen was the same size all over. The CR-V has been the same size everywhere as far as I saw when I lived in Europe. I wouldn't call a ~140HP 2L engine in a 3000lb vehicle perfect but that is what is offered in Europe, in addition to other drivetrain options, including a diesel. The point was that European markets make do with less power and generally don't complain about it.

With the current EPA mileage/emission rules, look for power/weight ratios to decrease in the US as well.
biker is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 AM
  #266  
Registered Member
 
TSX69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 4,274
Recieved 1,168 Likes on 551 Posts
Post Export News


Honda Motor Co. is looking to end exports of the popular CR-V crossover to the United States from Japan when it is remodeled in autumn to reduce losses from the strong yen, an executive said today.

"Our profit structure has improved mainly thanks to robust overseas operations, and the toughest area remains exports from Japan," Chief Financial Officer Yoichi Hojo said at a reporters' roundtable at Honda's headquarters.

"With a little investment, we would be able to increase production of the CR-V in the United States, so that's the most probable course of action (to reduce yen exposure)," he said.

Japanese automakers are reeling from a strong yen, now trading at around 81-82 to the dollar, losing money on many models that are exported from domestic factories.

Honda already has the least currency exposure among Japan's top automakers given its relatively low export ratio of 30%. Last year, Toyota Motor Corp. shipped 53% of its Japan-made vehicles, and Nissan Motor Co. exported 59%.

Honda, Japan's third-biggest automaker, built about 72,000 CR-Vs in Japan last year, exporting about 35,000 of them to the United States. Honda also builds the model in Mexico and Ohio.

Cost, pricing structure improving

Rivals are also taking similar steps to reduce exports from Japan. Nissan said last month it would shift production of its Rogue crossover from Japan to the United States at its next remodeling in 2013.

Hojo said Honda, like other Japanese automakers, would look to use more components from low-cost countries such as China and India to take advantage of the strong yen, also making those adjustments when vehicles are renewed.

Honda is due to revamp its high-volume Civic this spring, and Hojo said he expected new low-cost parts to account for at least 10% of the car, from virtually none now.

Honda has already raised that ratio on the low-margin Fit subcompact to 17%, and is aiming to boost that to about 30%, Hojo said.

Honda on Monday delivered better-than-expected 3rd-quarter earnings and lifted its annual profit forecasts beyond the market consensus, largely due to the popularity of light trucks in North America.

With gasoline prices still relatively stable, more U.S. consumers are driving away with light trucks instead of passenger cars, and Hojo said Honda was boosting daily production capacity at its Alabama plant by 50 units to 650 units from this month to meet demand for the Odyssey minivan and other bigger models.

Honda this week forecast an operating profit of 620 billion yen ($7.6 billion) for the business year ending on March 31, for an operating margin of 7.0% -- at the top end of the industry -- despite an 8-yen fall in the dollar.

Executive Vice President Koichi Kondo said this week Honda had achieved an earnings structure under which it could make a profit of 100 billion yen ($1.23 billion) per quarter at a dollar rate of 85 yen and car sales of 900,000 units. A year ago, it had strived to achieve that level of profitability at 90 yen to the dollar.

Hojo attributed the stronger earnings structure to the company's ability to raise its product prices -- by around 1 percent to 2% a year in the United States -- and a better cost structure partly helped by greater economies of scale.

Honda's shares have jumped 27% in the past 3 months, outperforming a gain of about 20% for both Toyota and Nissan.
TSX69 is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 01:09 PM
  #267  
Registered Member
 
biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 54
Posts: 11,552
Recieved 108 Likes on 86 Posts
Honda is due to revamp its high-volume Civic this spring, and Hojo said he expected new low-cost parts to account for at least 10% of the car, from virtually none now.
WTF does this mean?
biker is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
  #268  
dom
Senior Moderator
 
dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 47,711
Recieved 797 Likes on 659 Posts
Was wondering about that as well.
dom is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
  #269  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Recieved 1,876 Likes on 1,296 Posts
If you export cars to the U.S.....and you have a high volume car.......you better start building it state side.....otherwise say good bye to your profits.


Falling dollar FTL.
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
  #270  
Registered Member
 
Colin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,802
Recieved 1,010 Likes on 565 Posts
Originally Posted by dom View Post
Was wondering about that as well.
Probably referring to making more of the components in areas where the exchange rates are favorable.

...would look to use more components from low-cost countries such as China and India to take advantage of the strong yen...
If cars like the CR-Z were designed to be profitable at 85 yen, they're going to need to raise the price if 80-81 yen is the norm. This will also impact the TSX and TSX Wagon heavily. Hard to believe that when I visited Japan in '78, that people were complaining that the yen was 'only' 210 (down from 312).
Colin is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
  #271  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Recieved 1,876 Likes on 1,296 Posts
All-new honda cr-v coming

The current CR-V received a minor updated for 2010, but it looks as though Honda will skip the typical mid-cycle refresh in favor of an all-new design. The compact-medium crossover segment has become increasingly competitive over the last few years, which could be the reason for the overhaul.

“Next fall the CR-V is going to get a full model change, so we have high expectations from that,” Honda Executive Vice President Koichi Kondo said. “Our mix will be even better next year.”

No other details were revealed, but look for the CR-V to receive an updated powertrain to go along with its new body work. The current CR-V makes due with a five-speed automatic transmission while most of the competition has moved on to six-speed gearboxes. As a result, the CR-V’s fuel economy ratings are no longer class-leading.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/all-new-...this-fall.html

Could it be Honda got the wake-up call?!?!?
The competition has been eating their lunch for quite some time now.
Time for Honda to play catch-up with Ford & Hyundai.

Please Honda...PLEASE!!!...innovate on the powertrain!!!
....and please go a new route on exterior and interior designs too.
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
  #272  
dom
Senior Moderator
 
dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 47,711
Recieved 797 Likes on 659 Posts
That 2010 minor update was the mid cycle refresh. The reason for the overhaul is because its due. Its been on the market since 07, so 5 years. Well, its Leftlane guess you can't expect too much.

And the CR-V is and has been Honda's strongest product for some time now. The best selling SUV in the US. So I don't think they really need a wake up call as far as the CR-V is concerned. And its a pretty safe bet we'll still see a variation of the 2.4 and nothing else in this new model so don't get your hopes up on a new power train. No reason for a V6 since it sells just fine and there's been no word of a new 4 cylinder from Honda.
dom is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:53 AM
  #273  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Recieved 1,876 Likes on 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by dom View Post
That 2010 minor update was the mid cycle refresh. The reason for the overhaul is because its due. Its been on the market since 07, so 5 years. Well, its Leftlane guess you can't expect too much.

And the CR-V is and has been Honda's strongest product for some time now. The best selling SUV in the US. So I don't think they really need a wake up call as far as the CR-V is concerned. And its a pretty safe bet we'll still see a variation of the 2.4 and nothing else in this new model so don't get your hopes up on a new power train. No reason for a V6 since it sells just fine and there's been no word of a new 4 cylinder from Honda.
I beg to differ. Sure Honda is selling CR-V's in droves.....but here is where Honda is doing the right thing: Making sure they stay at the top.

No point in waiting for everyone else to start chipping away at your sales before you do something.

Honda apparently understands that they need to keep pace with the rest of the market, and I applaud them for doing it with the CR-V.

(at least I hope this is what they are doing)

If so....please do it with the rest of your line-up
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 AM
  #274  
dom
Senior Moderator
 
dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 42
Posts: 47,711
Recieved 797 Likes on 659 Posts
I agree they need to keep pace. But what I'm saying is they're not redesigning the CR-V because its falling behind. They're redesigning it because its due. Most products have a 5 or 6 year cycle. Its just time, nothing more.

The fact that its going out on top is what impresses me. If Honda could get everything else as right as they got this CR-V we wouldn't have much to complain about. And again, don't expect a new engine. Maybe a 6 speed but I'd put money on the K24 carrying over.
dom is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:20 PM
  #275  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Recieved 1,876 Likes on 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by dom View Post
I agree they need to keep pace. But what I'm saying is they're not redesigning the CR-V because its falling behind. They're redesigning it because its due. Most products have a 5 or 6 year cycle. Its just time, nothing more.

The fact that its going out on top is what impresses me. If Honda could get everything else as right as they got this CR-V we wouldn't have much to complain about. And again, don't expect a new engine. Maybe a 6 speed but I'd put money on the K24 carrying over.
Well, here's hoping it's not a new model in the way the civic is a "new" model.

Redesign it, Honda....inside and out. 6-speed is a must!

K24 engine will not impress. IMHO.
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:42 PM
  #276  
Registered Member
 
biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 54
Posts: 11,552
Recieved 108 Likes on 86 Posts
Given the lack of drivetrain changes for the Civic (which needs more help than the CR-V) I wouldn't be so sure of any major changes.
biker is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
  #277  
Alright, alright, alright
 
Legend2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,043
Recieved 1,666 Likes on 1,094 Posts
Originally Posted by dom View Post
I agree they need to keep pace. But what I'm saying is they're not redesigning the CR-V because its falling behind. They're redesigning it because its due. Most products have a 5 or 6 year cycle. Its just time, nothing more.

The fact that its going out on top is what impresses me. If Honda could get everything else as right as they got this CR-V we wouldn't have much to complain about. And again, don't expect a new engine. Maybe a 6 speed but I'd put money on the K24 carrying over.
I expect a mild redesign, Honda is selling over 200K/year in the last year. Most buyers of the CRV know it's virtues and reputation so there's little reason to not to just enhance and evolve the design. It's a solid performer and seller, no need to try anything radical. I also think they will do a K24 with a HP increase to 190HP-200HP, and mate it to a 6AT. I just hope they do not super-size it like the Accord. My wife's cousin like their 3G CRV, they bought a 2nd for their daughter. The used prices are that good.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 02-08-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Legend2TL is online now  
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 PM
  #278  
Pinky all stinky
 
phile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,499
Recieved 118 Likes on 71 Posts
I love my CR-V. I know it's minor, but the one thing I love the most about it is that it's the only Honda remaining that has chrome plated door levers, not that faux metal stuff that's become prevalent throughout the Honda lineup (and I suspect it will show up on the new CR-V). Can't stand those things, they look and feel cheap.

Although it does have the faux metal trim on the door panels...which isn't so bad with the bit of chrome work on the door levers, the vents and in the shift plate.
phile is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 PM
  #279  
Registered Member
 
Colin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,802
Recieved 1,010 Likes on 565 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL View Post
I expect a mild redesign, Honda is selling over 200K/year in the last year. Most buyers of the CRV know it's virtues and reputation so there's little reason to not to just enhance and evolve the design. It's a solid performer and seller, no need to try anything radical. I also think they will do a K24 with a HP increase to 190HP-200HP, and mate it to a 6AT.
I agree, the idea is to sell your entire production run for each year of production. If the new looks and features will sell 300K in year one, there is not reason to add a new transmission. You can always add that in year 2 and sell another 300k to those that waited.

The original iPhone debuted without 3G, they still sell a gabillion of them. They add 3G and sell a gabillion more. The make a hotter version called 3GS and sell even more. They do a FMC and release the iPhone 4 and sales continue. They add Verizon and sell out in 2 hours. In 6 months they'll MMC the iPhone 4 chassis and make the iP5 and on and on.
Colin is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 06:20 AM
  #280  
Alright, alright, alright
 
Legend2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,043
Recieved 1,666 Likes on 1,094 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I agree, the idea is to sell your entire production run for each year of production. If the new looks and features will sell 300K in year one, there is not reason to add a new transmission. You can always add that in year 2 and sell another 300k to those that waited.

The original iPhone debuted without 3G, they still sell a gabillion of them. They add 3G and sell a gabillion more. The make a hotter version called 3GS and sell even more. They do a FMC and release the iPhone 4 and sales continue. They add Verizon and sell out in 2 hours. In 6 months they'll MMC the iPhone 4 chassis and make the iP5 and on and on.
And now the rumor mill of the upcoming 2G iPad are showing the camera's. Then again I have Apple stock so I'm pleased too.

We got our Honda Pilot in July of 2002, and my wife loved it. However every year it seems they added more features that drove me up the wall. I was expecting the MMC, but on the Pilot IIRC every year they added some more features (heated seats, DBW, sunroof, DRL, stability control, ...) most of which I wanted. The perils of being a early adopter

Also forgot to mention my wife's cousing husband had a head-on accident in a 2G CRV a few years back, he and the other teenage driver were OK (she was texting and drifted over the center line on a country road). So they even have experience in crash testing CRV's. Their only complaint on the 3G's is the wide C (or D depending how you count) pillar which partially blocks the rear quarter view.
Legend2TL is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda: CR-V News


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.