Honda: Civic News

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Thumbs up Washington Post

Sex sells. It also dupes. When duped, you erroneously assess things, especially those, such as cars, requiring some kind of intelligent commitment.

I was duped. I made a dumb mistake back in June 2011 when I opined in this space that the 2012 Honda Civic HF sedan was symptomatic of Honda’s slip from grace in the small-car market.

Here’s my recant, as upfront and as clear as I can make it: The Honda Civic is still the one.

I’ve come to that conclusion after 350 mostly commuter miles in a rented 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan — a close-to-basic front-wheel-drive compact sedan outfitted with an optional 5-speed automatic transmission.

In truth, I wanted to rent something snazzier — a Kia Optima or Hyundai Sonata, a Chevrolet Cruze or Ford Focus, a new Dodge Dart if possible, or a Volkswagen Jetta TDi — an automobile “with personality.”

Having months ago relegated the Honda Civic to the “also-ran” files of my automotive mind, I did not consider a Civic. But a Civic LX sedan, replete with cloth seats and industrial-grade vinyl, was all that remained in my weekly rental price range (up to $225) on a Northern Virginia Enterprise Rent-a-Car lot.

I took the deal. I’m glad I did. It turned out to be what I needed to regain perspective.

Several months before driving the deliberately pedestrian Civic HF, I had been stunned by all of the neat stuff global automobile companies were installing in their little cars. These welcome changes included super-attractive styling inside and out. Finally, I thought, automobile manufacturers have learned that “compact” and “ugly” don’t mean the same thing.

It was a fair assessment carried too far, one that ignored the inherent, long-lasting beauty of one of the world’s best-selling small cars, the Honda Civic. In comparison with its sexier rivals, the 2012 Civic HF I drove in the summer of 2011 was dowdy. I was disappointed, and in my disappointment I ignored the Civic HF’s primary reason for being — to deliver its namesake “high fuel” economy, and to do so using the simplest styling and inexpensive but still high-quality materials.

The 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan rented a year later also came with lots of plastic — genuine, plastic-is-plastic plastic that did little to lift the spirits, but made it exceptionally easy to lift stains and smudges with a little soap and water. The cloth seats were equally easy to clean. The entire interior, in fact, was expressly designed for hard use and easy maintenance.

The upshot: After a bit more than 17,000 miles on the road and 10 months’ use before coming into my hands, the interior of the rented 2012 Honda Civic LX still looked and felt new. That is the kind of stuff that high resale values are made of.

Most of us don’t rent compact economy cars to set speed records. I rented the 2012 Civic LX to complete several regional errands before taking off this week for the Paris Auto Show. I was pleasantly surprised. In several runs up and down Interstate 66 in Virginia, the Civic LX’s 1.8-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine (140 horsepower, 128 foot-pounds of torque) performed beautifully — very little downshifting, no asthmatic behavior in higher elevations, enough passing power when needed, and decent fuel economy at 28 miles per gallon in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.

It was an economic blessing that the rented Civic LX was designed to do its best work on regular-grade gasoline.

The more I drove that car, the more I loved it, and the more I understood why so many people love the Honda Civic even though, I still maintain, it has been surpassed by so many rivals in exterior and interior styling.

Even after having been battered by multiple drivers over more than 17,000 miles, the Civic LX worked flawlessly. Fit and finish remained impressive — no shakes, no rattles and only 1 missing part (a piece of sound-deadening, wind-blocking rubber absent from under the right side of the hood). The Civic LX was a cinch to maneuver and park in tight urban traffic. It even did well over the many speed bumps — meeting them at posted speeds without rattling the nerves of driver or passengers — that seem to abound in affluent Northern Virginia neighborhoods.

Lastly, there was this: Like it or not, and I’m still trying to decide, the quality of today’s cars is determined almost as much by the quality of their infotainment/communication systems as by anything else. In that regard, Honda’s patented i-MID (intelligent Multi-Information Display) system is at the top of its class. It is intuitive, easy-to-use and truly informative — keeping the driver aware of everything going on with the car and the world through which it is moving.

The rented Honda Civic LX did not come with the optional onboard navigation system and backup camera. But the Enterprise people included a Garmin portable navigation system for a small fee. That worked perfectly. I love backup cameras and think they will become standard safety equipment soon. But getting out and checking around the car before taking off, and checking the rear-view mirror before backing out, worked well, too.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
Hopefully the early MMC will improve it further.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Safety Car

Arrow $3k

American Honda Motor Co., taking advantage of high gasoline prices in some parts of the country to pitch alternative fuels, is offering a $3,000 card to buyers of the compressed natural gas-powered Honda Civic.

Honda hopes to lure consumers to a version of the Civic compact sedan that runs on cheaper compressed natural gas.

Buyers of the compressed natural gas Civic will receive a fuel card loaded with $3,000 that can be used at public refueling stations owned by Clean Energy Fuels Corp.

Honda and Clean Energy unveiled the promotion today. The Civic is currently the only car powered by natural gas available for sale to U.S. consumers.

The offer should be especially appealing to consumers in California, where the average price for a gallon of regular gasoline is $4.67 today, up 50 cents in just the past week, according to AAA's Daily Fuel Gauge Report.

Gasoline prices have spiked in California following disruptions at refineries at a time when supplies are already low because of a seasonal changeover to new blends.

The national average for an equivalent gallon of compressed natural gas, by contrast, was just $2.05 in July, American Honda said, citing the most recent figures available from the U.S. Department of Energy.

Honda's Civic CNG is also eligible for carpool-lane access in California, a major plus for commuters slogging through the congested highways of greater Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area. The car has a range of about 200 miles, takes minutes to refuel and has a base price of about $27,000.

Natural gas proponents say those attributes, in addition to the low cost of compressed natural gas compared with gasoline, give the Civic CNG an advantage over the limited range, high cost and extended recharging time of electric vehicles or plug-in hybrids.

However, Honda has struggled to boost demand for the Civic CNG. American Honda spokesman Marcos Frommer says Civic CNG sales are up from last year, but Honda sold just 1,576 units in the United States in the 1st 9 months of the year. That's less than 1% of the 234,029 total Civics sold in the United States in that period.

Nissan, by contrast, sold more than 5,200 units of the Leaf EV in the same period.

American Honda's offer is to be available to every consumer who buys a Civic CNG between now and Jan. 2, 2013, and is limited only by Honda's supply of the cars, Frommer said. About 1,500 units are in inventory, he said.

Frommer said sales are affected in part by low production rates at Honda's Civic plant in Greensburg, Ind. But he conceded that the company has devoted very little of its marketing budget to promote the car.

"In the last few years we're making more of an effort to sell to retail customers" after selling the car primarily to fleets, Frommer said. "We haven't done a lot, but we feel like we have an opportunity right now because of spiking gas prices, especially in California, where you're looking at almost $5 per gallon."

American Honda, Clean Energy and the Honda dealer responsible for the sale will each contribute $1,000 to the debit card, Frommer said. Honda Division sells the Civic CNG in 36 states at 199 of its roughly 1,040 dealerships.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Safety Car

Post Mmc

Thanks to an anonymous tipster, Autoblog has learned that the so-called "emergency refresh" of the Honda Civic is just around the corner. In fact, the automaker is already urging its dealers to clear out remaining 2012 model year stock because "The changes made to the 2013 model will make the outgoing 2012 Civic a difficult model [to] sell when they are side to side." Those are the words of David Hendley, Assistant Vice President of Honda National Sales excerpted from a recent letter to dealers. The communiqué goes on to note that the refreshed Civic will go on sale on November 29 – a date, we note, that coincides with press days for the Los Angeles Auto Show.

According to Hendley's letter, buyers can look forward to "dramatic improvements to the exterior styling that moves Civic into a more premium sporty direction." The text also promises that the 2013's interior will receive "upgrades and improvements to bring more sophistication and quality to its appearance." For his part, American Honda President Tetsuo Iwamura has previously been quoted as saying that changes will be made to "improve the Civic's drivability," suggesting suspension and powertrain alterations are afoot as well.

The 9th-generation Civic has only been on sale for a year, and such a substantial refresh this early in the generation's lifecycle is unprecedented these days – not just for Honda, but for the industry as well. The Japanese automaker has been stung by widespread criticism for the 2012 Civic range's lackluster dynamics, lessened interior quality, noise levels, low feature count and uninspiring design – perceived shortcomings exacerbated by the industry's hyper-competitive compact car segment. Among the critics, the Civic was given poor marks in a review by this site as well as influential institute Consumer Reports, which went so far as to remove the Civic from its coveted Recommended list. In fact, CR editors labeled the 2012 Civic a "car to avoid" in August.

A lack of critical praise doesn't seem to be harming Civic sales, however. According to the automaker's own sales data, the 2012 model is performing quite handsomely, having sold 234,029 units through September of this year, with 21,546 of those units coming last month alone. That means Honda is shifting almost 40% more units this year than the (admittedly aging) 8th-generation model did in 2011. The Civic is now selling near the top of its class, and Hendley notes that the company's Indiana plant will be running at full-tilt to build the updated 2013 model – in fact, he indicates that the US will even draw units from Canadian production.

When contacted for comment about the Hendley dealer letter, Sage Marie, Honda's Senior Manager of Public Relations, confirmed to Autoblog that the automaker will have Civic news to reveal next month, noting that Honda is keen "to ensure Civic remains the benchmark in the segment and remains as competitive as it can be."
Dear Honda Dealer,

Thank you for your effort of selling down the 2012 Accord. As you remember from the dealer meeting earlier this summer in Philadelphia, our priority at the time was to get the Accord down to a reasonable days supply by our September launch date for the new model. Our sell down of the 2012 Accord is right in line of where we want to be, and the 2013 Accord is doing extremely well since it's release back in September. Your focus and selling effort on Accord is greatly appreciated.

Obviously, Accord sales makeup a huge part of getting to the company goal of 1,300,000 by the end of the year; however, Civic's role is just as important. You may be aware that the refreshed 2013 Civic will be available for sale on November 29, 2012. When it arrives on your lots you will see dramatic improvements to the exterior styling that moves Civic into a more premium sporty direction. The interior has even more upgrades and improvements to bring more sophistication and quality to its appearance. As I said in Philadelphia, we are taking a good Civic that is currently the leading selling vehicle in the small car segment regardless of fleet sales, and made is a great car. This is a car the breathes the famous Honda driveability, quality, reliability (DQR) that has made Honda what it is today. A brand that consumers want us to produce for you to sell. This vehicle is not produced simply to catch up to our competition it is being produced to expand its dominance and reign once again as the bench mark of the small car segment.

Civic makes up almost 25% of our 990,00 Honda sales for the year - it is a critical component in our goal to reach 1.3 million sales for the year. For your dealership to take full advantage of the refreshed Civic and the marketing we will have supporting it you must greatly increase the turn rate on our 2012 Civics. With the unprecedented enhancements we have made to the current Civic after its 1st year in its cycle you will want to have little to no Civics on hand at arrival time of this refreshed 2013 model. The changes made to the 2013 model will make the outgoing 2012 Civic a difficult model sell when they are side to side. I strongly encourage you to discuss your Civic inventory situation with your district manager today, and set up a sell down strategy that will reduce your total remaining model year 2012 Civics by a minimum of 60% before December 1, 2012. I cannot stress enough, sell down of your 2012 Civics is critical to the 2013 Civic launch and the success of inventory balance at your dealership.

Take action now! The 2013 Civic will come to your at full speed. Our plant in Indiana which produces Civic will run at full capacity with Civic production, and we will even get production from Canada too. Commit to reduce your model year 2012 Civics by 60% or more before December 1, 2012. And be prepared on November 29, to receive the greatest Civic ever produced!

Sincerely,
David Hendley
Assistant Vice President Honda National Sales
Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
I feel sorry for the 2012 buyers if it is all that and a bag of chips. With the new Accord it looks like Honda is making some serious attempts and not resting on its laurels.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
2012 buyers got some decent incentives....but that probably won't be the case for 2013 buyers....if it's good.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:43 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
With the new Accord it looks like Honda is making some serious attempts and not resting on its laurels.
finally. now how about acura.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:12 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
finally. now how about acura.
What do you mean?

There is the ILX, after all.

lololol

lololol

Old 10-25-2012, 04:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Soon after I picked up my 12 Accord, my wife's uncle picked up a 12 Civic LX. He personally likes it quite a bit with his only complaint being that he probably could have picked up a 12 Accord for a similar deal. All and all, it's been a solid car for him.

This Civic may not have been Honda's best effort. (I personally prefer the last gen Civic.) But they seem to sell very well here in central NJ, as there's definitely no lack of them on the roads.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by F23A4
Soon after I picked up my 12 Accord, my wife's uncle picked up a 12 Civic LX. He personally likes it quite a bit with his only complaint being that he probably could have picked up a 12 Accord for a similar deal. All and all, it's been a solid car for him.

This Civic may not have been Honda's best effort. (I personally prefer the last gen Civic.) But they seem to sell very well here in central NJ, as there's definitely no lack of them on the roads.
Luckily for Honda the civic still has brand recognition and reputation.

But honestly its a piss poor excuse for a Civic inside. When the lease on my friends 09 Si was up last year we went to look at the new Si....its just pathetic inside. My friend bought out his 09.

HORRIBLE design. cheap materials, crappy seats. horrid fabric, etc etc etc.

It reminded me of late 80/early 90s Honda interiors (were are good for back then) without the build quality.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:21 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Let's hope this next gen Civic shows that Honda is no longer going to rest on its laurels like they have done the last couple of gens of product.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Let's hope this next gen Civic shows that Honda is no longer going to rest on its laurels like they have done the last couple of gens of product.
I spoke to my source within the company, he said the '13 Civic will make the '12 un-appealing to buyers. Lots of new interior content and tweaks.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:08 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ But what about the 2 generation old exterior?!?!?

Don't tell me it will look the same for 3 generations?!?!?!?
Old 10-29-2012, 01:43 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

^ this is an MMC.
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (10-29-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 06:30 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^ this is an MMC.
hmmm...I thought they were quickly moving on to a next gen.

MMC...bummer.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:23 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

:iballthericersstartconvertingtheir2012civics:
Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 PM
The Third Ball

hmmm...I thought they were quickly moving on to a next gen.

MMC...bummer.
Its only been out for one year.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:22 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ Yea, I know, but I thought I read somewhere recently that Honda is on a very fastrack to get the next gen out. I guess fastrack is 5 years.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
^^ Yea, I know, but I thought I read somewhere recently that Honda is on a very fastrack to get the next gen out. I guess fastrack is 5 years.
Fastrack for a major revision to the same existing model.

Supposedly a completely redone interior, increased content and 'better' looking exterior. Possibly including the new Earth Dreams motors.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:58 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Fastrack for a major revision to the same existing model.

Supposedly a completely redone interior, increased content and 'better' looking exterior. Possibly including the new Earth Dreams motors.
Wow! If it gets the new ED motors, then calling it a MMC.....well then, that's a helluva MMC. It's pretty much a new model at that point....but maybe they wanna save face...I dunno.

Either way, props to Honda for addressing this "resting on our laurels" Civic.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:05 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Its only been out for 18 months.

Wow! If it gets the new ED motors, then calling it a MMC.....well then, that's a helluva MMC. It's pretty much a new model at that point....but maybe they wanna save face...I dunno.

Either way, props to Honda for addressing this "resting on our laurels" Civic.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:02 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
I'd satisfy with new interior (design+material) and exterior style. Those are the major issues. If they can fit the new ED stuff, make some (positive) changes to the suspension and steering, then the Civic can be class-leading again.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Safety Car

Exclamation Spied

The redesigned 2012 Honda Civic didn’t get the critical reaction Honda sought, and now we’ve got shots of a refreshed Civic sedan testing. Likely debuting as a 2013 model, the face-lifted Honda Civic is clearly showing influence by the 2013 Accord, which has received a much more positive response than the Civic did last year.

The 2013 Honda Civic prototype has reimagined front styling, with a grille sporting the same U-shaped trim piece we’ve seen on the 2013 Honda Accord. The 2013 Civic integrates a new lower front fascia design and, at least on the higher-trim Civics, we wouldn’t be surprised to see LED daytime running lights.

From behind, a revised taillight design is visible, though the 2013 Civic appears to use the same taillight housing shape as before. The license plate surrounding area has been expanded and the built-in rear spoiler look remains.

The 2-tier instrument cluster displays — introduced on the 2006 Honda Civic, our 2006 Car of the Year — remains on what we believe is the 2013 Honda Civic, which may have upgraded interior materials. Whether Honda still has any development money to improve the car’s powertrains is unclear, but the compact already offers a number of different choices, from the regular gas-powered I-4 to a hybrid, plus a natural gas and higher-powered sporty variant.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
this could have been good competitor to CT200.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/11...re-i-dtec.html

Comments
New 78.5 MPG Honda Civic 1.6-litre i-DTEC Diesel Priced from £19,400 in Britain
here's a new fuel-efficient model joining the European market Honda Civic hatchback's range, one which is equipped with the Japanese brand's freshly revealed 1.6-liter i-DTEC diesel engine.

Following its world premiere at the Paris Motor Show in September and before it goes on sale in January of 2013, Honda announced pricing for the 1.6 i-DTEC Civic that starts from £19,400 (equal to US$31,100 or €24,200) for the base SE model, rising to £20,595 for the ES and £23,175 for the top-of-the-range EX.

Developed exclusively for Europe and built alongside the Civic hatch itself at Honda’s factory in Swindon, the 1.6-liter four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit offers a maximum output of 118HP (120PS) at 4,000 rpm and 300Nm (221.3 lb-ft) at 2,000 rpm.

It drives the front wheels of the compact model through a six-speed manual gearbox, with Honda quoting a combine fuel economy of 78.5mpg UK (equal to 3.6lt/100km or 65.3 mpg US) while emitting only 94 g/km, which in Britain, translates to free road tax. The same powertrain will be offered in 2013 on the European CR-V as well.

Standard features on all trim variants of the 1.6 i-DTEC model are identical to the equivalent 2.2-litre i-DTEC cars, but with the addition of new 16-inch alloy wheels.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM
_

Don't know about that exterior design... Doesn't look like an improvement over the 2011/2012 design.

Looks like they raised it too.

2012 Civic wheel gap is like half that.

vs

Projector headlights?

Last edited by AZuser; 11-02-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Civic styling looks like
Old 11-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I think that front end is going to actually look decent
the rest of the car though...
Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by phile
I think that front end is going to actually look decent
the rest of the car though...
Glad I'm not alone in that. The rest of the car needs a redo, but I think the front end looks decent. For a MMC, I think it does the job well enough, assuming the interior is upgraded that is.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

I just want to see the new interior.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Interior and features is what will matter
Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 PM
The Third Ball

I just want to see the new interior.
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Interior and features is what will matter
Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 PM

Apparently the upcoming refresh had an interior so bad that CEO Ito wanted it scrapped... so they started over, again.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb Preview

Honda will unveil a refreshed version of its Civic compact later this month at the Los Angeles auto show. The 2013 Honda Civic promises a number of safety, comfort and styling enhancements.

The result of widespread complaints about the Civic's styling and generally cheap-feeling interior, the 2013 Civic will arrive in LA with heavy updates both inside and out.

The Civic will adopt new front-end styling for 2013, with the compact sporting an updated lower bumper with chrome accents, black honeycomb mesh grille, clear-lens corner lights and a more sculpted hood. Upper-trim versions of the 2013 Civic receive new integrated fog lights.

Out back the 2013 Civic gets a new-look bumper as well as a lower diffuser panel with a honeycomb mesh vent.

Honda says the 2013 Civic will boast an improved interior and more comfortable ride, but the Japanese automaker is holding off on revealing full specs until the LA show.

"The 2013 Honda Civic exterior refinements infuse Civic with a more youthful, premium style. Coupling these with additional changes beneath will ensure that Civic maintains its top-ranked status," said Vicki Poponi, assistant vice president of product planning for American Honda.

The revised 2013 Honda Civic is scheduled to arrive on dealer lots on November 29.

The following users liked this post:
Legend2TL (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 AM
_

Front looks pretty good. I like the new grille and headlights. Not sure about the lower bumper/grille... kinda hard to tell from that angle, but looks okay.

Thought this was the rear of a Toyota Corolla for a sec.... what with that chrome strip across the trunk and reflectors at the lower corners of the bumper.

And if the 2014 Corolla looks like this... even more so.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:20 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

meh...waiting for the interior.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
lipstick on a pig...
Old 11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Lets remember they're still selling 25K+ per month of the current gen so its not as if its needs a whole lot. Looks better IMO but the interior is where is needs the most work.

On an unrelated note I have a 2011 Civic Hybrid as a loaner this week. What a downright terrible car. From the far too intrusive stop/start to the weird noises its always making and general loudness and coarseness I find it hard to believe Honda ever released a car this bad. Has 38,000 km's on the ODO. I'll report back on the MPG later this week.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I like the new nose ring chrome better than the old mustache looking piece. But what happened to the LEDs in the headlights from the spy pics?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
_

Originally Posted by phile
I like the new nose ring chrome better than the old mustache looking piece. But what happened to the LEDs in the headlights from the spy pics?
What LED's?

This spy pic?

Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by dom
Lets remember they're still selling 25K+ per month of the current gen so its not as if its needs a whole lot. Looks better IMO but the interior is where is needs the most work.

On an unrelated note I have a 2011 Civic Hybrid as a loaner this week. What a downright terrible car. From the far too intrusive stop/start to the weird noises its always making and general loudness and coarseness I find it hard to believe Honda ever released a car this bad. Has 38,000 km's on the ODO. I'll report back on the MPG later this week.
Yep, met quite a few unhappy Civic Hybrid owners. There's even a class action lawsuit from owners that get as low as 30 mpg, which is pathetic for a hybrid. Guy I met also complained about the CVT, not about the behavior but rather a judder problem.

Honda can't even make a proper CVT?

Quick Reply: Honda: Civic News