View Poll Results: What do you like Better?
Accord Concept Rims and Bodykit
73.97%
2004 Acura TL A-Spec Bodykit and Rims
26.03%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Honda: Accord News

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:12 PM
4dr & I like it that way

id much, MUCH rather have the hybrid sedan, but cool they are planning a hybrid none the less
Old 09-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Kabachitare!

It's really cool, I like it better than the ugly 300C Tourer/Magnum but I would rather have a 350hp hybrid AC-R.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:02 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Honda will never build it.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

and if they build it, I ain't buying it
Old 09-05-2003, 06:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

I don't do wagons...but I would hit this just because of the technology. They give us a coupe and I'd be all over it.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:28 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
Old 09-05-2003, 06:30 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
thats cool. honda may build it.... but honda NORTH AMERICA wont sell it!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,632 Likes on 13,881 Posts
Whaaaaaaaaaaa...? No one is whining about the car not being AWD or RWD??!? WHOA...I'm getting a lotto ticket today...
Old 09-05-2003, 07:01 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't this mean its AWD:

"it would offer a 200bhp four-cylinder unit up front and a 150bhp electric rear motor" Just like the DNX concept.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:22 AM
Safety Car

Whaaaaaaaaaaa...? No one is whining about the car not being AWD or RWD??!? WHOA...I'm getting a lotto ticket today...
it is awd
Old 09-05-2003, 11:13 AM
The hair says it all

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life

i dont think they would do something that innovative and hot. i feel like they are too traditional, they need to try something new!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It'll be here....remember they've already mentioned this.....it won't be a Honda but it will be the high performance TSX.

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/premieres/detail.php?id=525

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?news/a...y.php?id=34849

Ultimate Accord Powers Up

ere's a super-Accord which could 'charge' past BMW's M3 and the Audi S4. The bodykitted Honda, revealed at last week's Geneva Motor Show, points the way to a new super-quick version - but the big news is that it could use hybrid technology to give it the power needed to take on its German rivals.

"With looks like this, the production version will have to be beyond the performance levels of a Type R," said a Honda insider. "Our target with this Accord is to show that we can beat our German rivals. So the high-performance model will have to be good enough to take on their range-topping models."

The problem so far has been the lack of an engine. The firm is looking at harnessing the performance potential of hybrid powertrains to give both the Accord range and the Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) technology a real image boost. "The Accord has been engineered to accept IMA, and our Dual Note concept demonstrated that hybrids can be more than simply about economy," said our source. The Dual Note, unveiled at 2001's Tokyo Motor Show, is expected to become the new NSX in 2005, and a hot Accord will appear then, too.

The result would be a car with a 200bhp-plus VTEC petrol engine powering the front wheels, and electric hub motors driving the rears. It would have four-wheel drive and offer performance on a par with that of a conventional 350bhp vehicle, but with fuel economy to rival a regular 2.0-litre petrol unit.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:40 AM
Blackbird baby..

Originally posted by AcuraFan
I don't do wagons...but I would hit this just because of the technology. They give us a coupe and I'd be all over it.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Zapata
damn I forgot how sexy that car was.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by danny25
damn I forgot how sexy that car was.

this is the car i'm waiting for NO MORE MODS
Old 09-11-2003, 01:29 AM
Race Director

HAHA!

"XM radio to be standard in '04 Hondas"

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=144106

So Expect XM Standard on next year TSX, so Are they saying that a Civic DX will come with Standard XM LOL!?
Old 09-11-2003, 09:21 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

XM is a dealer option on the 03 Accord, it's a dealer installed kit.

It interfaces with radio by pluging into the Antenna, FM modulator style. I think their is one connection into the fuse box. It mounts into the center console using the MP3 player style 1-din box.

Basically if you really wanted to you could install the 03 XM Honda dealer Accessory kit into your TSX. www.handa-accessories.com
You just need to find out how to power the kit or if the TSX fuse box will accept the tuner power cable just like the 03 Accord.

or

Install the way cool Sirius system like Gray TSX for about $100 from Best Buy. Check out my thread in the Audio forum for install pics
Old 09-12-2003, 08:26 AM

yeah the oem xm system is too plain vanilla for me...sirius looks way cooler...i'm thinking about getting the one where you can unhook from your car and hook into into your home system...
Old 09-12-2003, 06:27 PM
Instructor

More Honda's will be XM ready down the road.

Beacuse.......

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/030129/xmsr8-k.html

Honda bought a bunch of XM stock back in January and is on the board.

If Honda sell 1,000,000 every year with XM equipped radio and 30% stay with the subscription, XM will stick around much longer. And that's no counting subscriber from GM side - GM also own part of XM.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:25 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by MrChad
XM is a dealer option on the 03 Accord, it's a dealer installed kit.

It interfaces with radio by pluging into the Antenna, FM modulator style. I think their is one connection into the fuse box. It mounts into the center console using the MP3 player style 1-din box.

Basically if you really wanted to you could install the 03 XM Honda dealer Accessory kit into your TSX. www.handa-accessories.com
You just need to find out how to power the kit or if the TSX fuse box will accept the tuner power cable just like the 03 Accord.

or

Install the way cool Sirius system like Gray TSX for about $100 from Best Buy. Check out my thread in the Audio forum for install pics
But thats for the 2003 Accord, The 2004 Accord's come standard but I wonder if even the DX Model comes with XM

The one in the 2004 TL is nice
Old 09-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Work safe avatar bish :D

i would take this car over an m3 anyday! btw: how much will this be and when is it expected to come out?
Old 09-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Safety Car

i wouldn't expect anything like this for a while, japan would see it first if it were to make production.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Honda Accord Hybrid News **Test Drive from C&D (page 2)**

Detroit 01/05/2004 -- Honda Motor Co., Ltd., President and CEO Takeo Fukui today announced plans to further advance the company's leadership in the development and application of leading edge environmental technologies with the following actions:

* Introduction in 2004 of a V6 powered gas-electric hybrid Accord using Honda's Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid system in combination with Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) technology for V6 performance with fuel economy equivalent to a four-cylinder Civic;
* Introduction in 2005 of a Honda-developed fuel cell stack with increased performance and fuel efficiency, reduced cost and the ability to start in below freezing temperatures;
* Application of Honda Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) technology to another new model to be introduced this fall.

New V6 Accord Hybrid with VCM

Slated for introduction later this year as a 2004 model, the mid-size Accord Hybrid brings hybrid power to Honda's best-selling model, delivering an even higher level of performance than the already powerful 240-horsepower Accord V6 Sedan with the fuel economy of a four-cylinder, compact-class Civic.

The Accord Hybrid is the first V6 application of Honda's Integrated Motor Assist technology and the first hybrid vehicle to employ Variable Cylinder Management technology. Developed by Honda, VCM allows for the deactivation of three of the engine's six cylinders under certain conditions - such as highway cruising - to deliver even greater fuel efficiency with no sacrifice in performance. VCM will also be applied to another new model being introduced later this year.

With the addition of the Accord Hybrid, Honda increases to three the number of models featuring its innovative Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid technology, including two of America's most popular cars - the Honda Civic and Honda Accord. Honda was the first automaker to introduce gas-electric hybrid technology to American consumers when it launched the Honda Insight in December 1999, followed by the Civic Hybrid - the first truly mainstream hybrid vehicle - in March 2002. Together, the Insight and Civic Hybrid captured four of the top five slots in the EPA 2004 fuel economy ratings.

Breakthrough Honda Fuel Cell Stack

Furthering Honda's efforts to make hydrogen power a reality, the company has developed its own fuel cell stack and will introduce a version of its FCX fuel cell vehicle powered by the Honda FC Stack beginning in calendar year 2005.

This advanced new fuel cell stack is a remarkably compact unit that delivers higher performance with increased range and fuel efficiency and is designed to operate at temperatures as low as -20ᄎC (-4ᄎF). Cold weather starting and operation is one of the most significant technical barriers to the mass-market application of fuel cell technology. Honda's originally developed FC stack is the world's first fuel cell stack to feature a stamped metal separator structure combined with newly developed electrolyte membranes for improved efficiency, recycleability, and operation over a greater range of temperatures.

Honda is conducting extensive trials of the FC Stack, including public road evaluations in the U.S. and Japan, in preparation for its introduction next year in the Honda FCX, the first and only fuel cell vehicle certified by the EPA and California Air Resources Board for regular commercial use.

Honda has long been a pioneer in the development and application of leading edge environmental technologies including the first Low Emissions (LEV) and Ultra-Low Emissions (ULEV) vehicles and the first commercially certified fuel cell vehicle. Today, all Honda and Acura models sold in the U.S. deliver LEV or better emissions performance, while more than 80 percent meet ULEV standards
Old 01-05-2004, 09:47 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Accord V6 Hybrid Due in 04

"Accord Hybrid to deliver V6 Performance with Civic Fuel Economy; Breakthrough Honda FC Stack with cold-weather starting capabilities
ascii | MSWord 36k

Detroit 01/05/2004 -- Honda Motor Co., Ltd., President and CEO Takeo Fukui today announced plans to further advance the company's leadership in the development and application of leading edge environmental technologies with the following actions:
Introduction in 2004 of a V6 powered gas-electric hybrid Accord using Honda's Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid system in combination with Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) technology for V6 performance with fuel economy equivalent to a four-cylinder Civic;
Introduction in 2005 of a Honda-developed fuel cell stack with increased performance and fuel efficiency, reduced cost and the ability to start in below freezing temperatures;
Application of Honda Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) technology to another new model to be introduced this fall.
New V6 Accord Hybrid with VCM

Slated for introduction later this year as a 2004 model, the mid-size Accord Hybrid brings hybrid power to Honda's best-selling model, delivering an even higher level of performance than the already powerful 240-horsepower Accord V6 Sedan with the fuel economy of a four-cylinder, compact-class Civic.

The Accord Hybrid is the first V6 application of Honda's Integrated Motor Assist technology and the first hybrid vehicle to employ Variable Cylinder Management technology. Developed by Honda, VCM allows for the deactivation of three of the engine's six cylinders under certain conditions - such as highway cruising - to deliver even greater fuel efficiency with no sacrifice in performance. VCM will also be applied to another new model being introduced later this year.

With the addition of the Accord Hybrid, Honda increases to three the number of models featuring its innovative Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid technology, including two of America's most popular cars - the Honda Civic and Honda Accord. Honda was the first automaker to introduce gas-electric hybrid technology to American consumers when it launched the Honda Insight in December 1999, followed by the Civic Hybrid - the first truly mainstream hybrid vehicle - in March 2002. Together, the Insight and Civic Hybrid captured four of the top five slots in the EPA 2004 fuel economy ratings.

Breakthrough Honda Fuel Cell Stack

Furthering Honda's efforts to make hydrogen power a reality, the company has developed its own fuel cell stack and will introduce a version of its FCX fuel cell vehicle powered by the Honda FC Stack beginning in calendar year 2005.

This advanced new fuel cell stack is a remarkably compact unit that delivers higher performance with increased range and fuel efficiency and is designed to operate at temperatures as low as -20ºC (-4ºF). Cold weather starting and operation is one of the most significant technical barriers to the mass-market application of fuel cell technology. Honda's originally developed FC stack is the world's first fuel cell stack to feature a stamped metal separator structure combined with newly developed electrolyte membranes for improved efficiency, recycleability, and operation over a greater range of temperatures.

Honda is conducting extensive trials of the FC Stack, including public road evaluations in the U.S. and Japan, in preparation for its introduction next year in the Honda FCX, the first and only fuel cell vehicle certified by the EPA and California Air Resources Board for regular commercial use.

Honda has long been a pioneer in the development and application of leading edge environmental technologies including the first Low Emissions (LEV) and Ultra-Low Emissions (ULEV) vehicles and the first commercially certified fuel cell vehicle. Today, all Honda and Acura models sold in the U.S. deliver LEV or better emissions performance, while more than 80 percent meet ULEV standards.

For more information and downloadable high-resolution images of Honda and Acura vehicles, please visit www.hondanews.com. For consumer information, please visit www.honda.com or www.acura.com."

What does this mean for the TSX? It has to mean TSX Hybrid for sometime in 05, it just has to.

I guess its using the same 3.0L V6 with cylinder management now being used in Japan.

This is great/big news.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Moderator Alumnus

WOW!
Old 01-05-2004, 10:13 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by provench
WOW!
My thoughts exactly. This is huge, huge news. With IMA jumping into the mainstream this can only mean big things for Honda. Who cares about a V8. A Accord V6 with more performance than the current V6, yet with Civic Fuel economy. Amazing !!!!

Now everyone else is playing catchup, although Toyota I'm sure will be ready with a Camry IMA in 05.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by domn
My thoughts exactly. This is huge, huge news. With IMA jumping into the mainstream this can only mean big things for Honda. Who cares about a V8. A Accord V6 with more performance than the current V6, yet with Civic Fuel economy. Amazing !!!!

Now everyone else is playing catchup, although Toyota I'm sure will be ready with a Camry IMA in 05.
So the real question is ... does this really mean that the TSX could get this application? I know the TSX is on a smaller Accord platform than the US Accord, so not sure it is a plug and play

But this sure makes an IMA TSX at least possible in the near term, my guess is '06 TSX released in Fall 2005. Wonder how much I can get for my '04 when that comes out
Old 01-05-2004, 10:35 AM
4dr & I like it that way

this is great news and all, but why why why honda isnt this coming in an ACURA before the accord
Old 01-05-2004, 10:41 AM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Because IMA is not making any money for Honda. It never has. By taking it mainstream they can recoup their investment faster. Also with the Accord performance need not come first. Lets say only 10% of Accords are sold as a Hybrid, thats still 40,000+ units per year. If it went into a TL first, thats barely 6,000 units per year. Remember first and foremost Honda is here to make money.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
hybrid v6....so it begins..........
Old 01-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by justinjsw
Because IMA is not making any money for Honda. It never has. By taking it mainstream they can recoup their investment faster. Also with the Accord performance need not come first. Lets say only 10% of Accords are sold as a Hybrid, thats still 40,000+ units per year. If it went into a TL first, thats barely 6,000 units per year. Remember first and foremost Honda is here to make money.
It's also a broader deployment to help work out the bugs
Old 01-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Racer

another gas saver
Old 01-05-2004, 11:26 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by tsxer.ca
another gas saver
With performance superior to today's 240HP V6 Accord. How can you go wrong?

Hopefully they'll redo that Accord Sedan back end too.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Audi Driving Snob

I smell trade in
Old 01-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Audi Driving Snob

i can't belive more people haven't posted on this!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

damnit! makes me wanna wait now.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:59 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by TinkySD
i can't belive more people haven't posted on this!
Thats what I was thinking. This is'nt IMA Accord due in 06 or 07. This is happening THIS FALL!!! This is the first mainstream car and the second best selling car in the US to have IMA. Big News.....
Old 01-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by TinkySD
I smell trade in
If my wife asks, can I blame you?

BTW - Nice avatar
Old 01-05-2004, 12:03 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

"VCM will also be applied to another new model being introduced later this year."

Hmmm I wonder what other Honda product will be getting VCM? Must be the TL since its engine most closely resembles the 3.0L Accords.

Quick Reply: Honda: Accord News