View Poll Results: What do you like Better?
Accord Concept Rims and Bodykit
73.97%
2004 Acura TL A-Spec Bodykit and Rims
26.03%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Honda: Accord News

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 08:27 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,506 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
But that is how they calculated RLX SH's HP # and NSX's. Just add it on top of it.
Honda and Acura did not do that with NSX, and AFAIK they did not with the RLX either.
They've been pretty consistent with their spec'ing method for hybrid drivetrain being the power/torque integration.

2017 Acura NSX Specifications and Features - Specs & Features - Honda News

NSX combined HP 573, the four motors are 500, 2 x 36, 47 which summed are 619

Electric motors have phenomenal low end torque (pretty flat torque curve up to their max. RPM)
Old 06-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Recently was looking at the CR-V at the local Honda dealership. Dang guys, I didn't drive one, but some of these Accords look every bit as good as Acuras. Now, I know this board has said this for a while, but I didn't believe it until I saw it.

Again, didn't get to drive, but I can't see why, at face value, you would pick an Acura over the Accord right now.
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (07-23-2016)
Old 06-20-2016, 11:11 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
The gap has gotten even smaller now.

Now, the main differences would be the 8-DCT and 9AT vs the CVT and 6AT, slightly better NVH, and the availability of SH-AWD.

For me, the reason I'd go with the TLX is if I want SH-AWD. If I want FWD V6 power, I'd just buy the Accord Touring and save $8k.
The following 3 users liked this post by iforyou:
00TL-P3.2 (06-20-2016), kurtatx (06-20-2016), TacoBello (07-23-2016)
Old 06-20-2016, 11:18 AM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by iforyou
The gap has gotten even smaller now.

Now, the main differences would be the 8-DCT and 9AT vs the CVT and 6AT, slightly better NVH, and the availability of SH-AWD.

For me, the reason I'd go with the TLX is if I want SH-AWD. If I want FWD V6 power, I'd just buy the Accord Touring and save $8k.
Solid assessment. The number of options on the Touring Accord is just amazing, albeit that car gets pretty pricey.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:57 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
Recently was looking at the CR-V at the local Honda dealership. Dang guys, I didn't drive one, but some of these Accords look every bit as good as Acuras. Now, I know this board has said this for a while, but I didn't believe it until I saw it.

Again, didn't get to drive, but I can't see why, at face value, you would pick an Acura over the Accord right now.
It's not April 1, so someone must've hacked your account because....

Originally Posted by skd2k1
I don't see that the accord is that close to the tlx.
Originally Posted by AZuser
Accord Touring is $34K. Base 2.4 TLX is $32K and it won't have all the tech the MMC Accord will be getting which includes:

- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (not available on any TLX)
- New 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen interface and HD radio
- Honda Sensing™ which includes:
  • Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
  • Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
  • Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS)
  • Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
  • Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Remote engine start
- 19-inch wheels
- Heated rear seats
- 60/40 split and folding rear seat
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers

Looking at 2016 Acura TLX | Features | Compare Models | Acura.com, to get similar features, you'd have to get the 2.4 TLX with Tech package which is $36K. For $2k more, what does it have that the Accord Touring doesn't? P-AWS, an 8 speed DCT, an Integrated Dynamics System, perforated Milano premium leather-trimmed interior, and a slightly quieter cabin.

For $2K less, what does the Accord Touring have that the 2.4 TLX w/Tech doesn't? A V6 engine, upgraded 19-inch wheels, Remote engine start, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Front and rear parking sensors, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), LED fog lights

A similarly equipped TLX would be the $40,000 3.5 TLX with Tech package. For $6K more, what will it have that the Accord Touring won't? 18-inch (not 19-inch like on the Accord) wheels, P-AWS, a 9-speed auto, an Integrated Dynamics System, 8-way power seat, perforated Milano premium leather-trimmed interior, and a slightly quieter cabin.

The 2.4 TLX with Tech and 3.5 TLX with Tech sure looks a lot like an Accord Touring to me. And the Accord Touring is $2,000 to $6,000 less.
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
V6 engine cost alot more to maintain and fuel economy in city poor. very small portion of Accord sales V6. you can look at dealer inventory.
TLX 2.4tech much nicer interior, better dealer with loaner cars, better music system, better resale values.
Originally Posted by skd2k1
seems like you set out to undermine the tlx in this post. for example, I'm pretty sure you can get 19's and remote start on the tlx. the same comparisons could be made between tl's and accords in years past as well. regardless, tlx is a step up from the accord, and people are buying them.
Dude, why do you even bother? We all know AZUser has an axe to grind.
I dismiss him because he's wrong.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
I think "i told you so" would be enough

But yah for the price of a base/tech 4 banger TLX you can get the V6 Accord with everything and some.

Not to mention you also get some nice looking exhaust tips and a V6 badge
Old 06-20-2016, 07:22 PM
_

But what if his account was hacked?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by AZuser
But what if his account was hacked?
Whatever, dude. I'm human. People change. Honda is a lot better now than it was the last two times I was in the market and an Accord Touring is more expensive than a number of Acuras.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
2017 Accord Sport SE

Looks like '17 will get a Sport Special Edition

2017 Honda Accord Adds Sport Special Edition ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Cliffs:
-Heated leather seats w/ red stitching
-SE badged
-$1k more than the standard cloth seated Sport.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:46 PM
Team Owner

good value for $1k.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:39 PM
99 TL, 06 E350

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts
I have seen a fully loaded Accord Touring. They could put an Acura Badge on that thing and get away with it. It looks that good.

But yah for the price of a base/tech 4 banger TLX you can get the V6 Accord with everything and some.

Not to mention you also get some nice looking exhaust tips and a V6 badge
Old 06-27-2016, 04:15 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Yea the facelifted accord looks really good in person...it even impressed my friend with a Q5 and a F10 5 series......like most people here, he felt the new Accord looks better than the TLX..LOL
Old 06-27-2016, 05:52 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by Black Tire
I have seen a fully loaded Accord Touring. They could put an Acura Badge on that thing and get away with it. It looks that good.
And the Touring Package is just so loaded for a great price right now. In an Acura we have to settle for less features, less power, and wrong driving wheels. I go back and forth (i love my TSX) as to whether I would be more interested in just trading in for an Accord Touring next time around.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:43 PM
Team Owner

I still can't believe the Accord Sport only cost $25k everytime i see one..

not saying the power train and tech. Just the exterior alone is so much better than its competitors.

Can't think of another family sedan that come with 19s at $25k...
Old 06-27-2016, 08:27 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Yea the facelifted accord looks really good in person...it even impressed my friend with a Q5 and a F10 5 series......like most people here, he felt the new Accord looks better than the TLX..LOL
+1 I think the Accord Touring looks way better than my TLX. I was strongly considering purchasing the Accord Touring but the dealers weren't willing to budge on the price and the white isnt offered with ebony interior, so I ended up with an Advance TLX for only a couple thousand more than the Touring Accord.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

not saying the power train and tech. Just the exterior alone is so much better than its competitors.

It is actually even cheaper than that. I've seen dozens of people get them for 23-24k OTD.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:14 AM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts

Mazda6 Touring is right around the same price.
Problem with 19s is that, last I saw, tire selection & prices aren't as good as 18s & 20s.

Those would easily be my top 2 choices if I were in the market for a mid-sized sedan.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:17 AM
99 TL, 06 E350

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts
God damned we keep getting ripped off in Canada:

Originally Posted by akplaya92
It is actually even cheaper than that. I've seen dozens of people get them for 23-24k OTD.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:57 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
you do realize our currency is valued at 30% lower than the US dollar, right?

and even if on par, everything is always more expensive in Canada, for many reasons, not limited to: paying higher taxes, much smaller market, higher wages in many areas, etc.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Mazda6 Touring is right around the same price.
Problem with 19s is that, last I saw, tire selection & prices aren't as good as 18s & 20s.

Those would easily be my top 2 choices if I were in the market for a mid-sized sedan.
oh the 6... yah another good looking one. #1 and #2.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Team Owner

and how much is a base 4 banger TLX?

Originally Posted by Black Tire
God damned we keep getting ripped off in Canada:

Old 06-28-2016, 04:56 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by pnoi521
+1 I think the Accord Touring looks way better than my TLX. I was strongly considering purchasing the Accord Touring but the dealers weren't willing to budge on the price and the white isnt offered with ebony interior, so I ended up with an Advance TLX for only a couple thousand more than the Touring Accord.
A couple thousand more than the Accord Touring.......including the oem lip kit...and is it FWD or AWD? Either way sounds like you got a good deal!

and how much is a base 4 banger TLX?
$35k......
Old 06-28-2016, 07:12 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
A couple thousand more than the Accord Touring.......including the oem lip kit...and is it FWD or AWD? Either way sounds like you got a good deal!
it was before the lip kit for fwd.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:21 PM
_

Honda Celebrates Four Decades of Accord ? America?s Best-Selling Car Over the Past 40 years - Honda News

Honda Celebrates Four Decades of Accord – America’s Best-Selling Car Over the Past 40 years

Jun 30, 2016 - TORRANCE, Calif.
  • With sales of more than 12.7 million units since its debut in 1976, Accord is America's most popular, best-selling car over the last four decades1
  • Honda has produced more than 10.5 million Accords in the U.S. since the start of production in Ohio in 1982
  • Accord is the top retail-selling car in America for the past three years2 and most popular midsize car with under-35 buyers for five of the past six years3
  • Honda pays tribute to rich heritage of Accord through "40 Years of America in Accord" video

and "Then and Now" video

In June 1976 Americans were gearing up to celebrate the Bicentennial and pick a new President, singing along to the number one song on the radio, Silly Love Songs and paying just 59 cents for a gallon of gas. Along came the Honda Accord, a fun and fuel-efficient three-door hatchback, beginning a four-decade long American success story.

Over 40 years and nine generations, Accord has consistently set the benchmark for the U.S. auto industry, earning the trust of more American car buyers than any other car during that period – with sales of more than 12.7 million Accords, the vast majority produced in Honda's U.S. plants. Through continuous improvement and innovation, Accord has earned a reputation as a segment-defining product, delivering class-leading reliability and durability with outstanding fuel efficiency and low emissions – along with refined and responsive driving dynamics and top-class safety performance.

As one important bellwether of its success, the Accord has been named to Car and Driver magazine's prestigious "10Best" list a record 30 times, a feat unmatched by any other automobile of any type. And while Accord built its success through the loyalty of the baby boom generation, its popularity continues with younger buyers as the top-selling midsize sedan and number two overall (to the Honda Civic) in sales to under-35 car customers for five of the past six years.

"The Accord embodies the challenging spirit of Honda and our commitment to delivering innovative products to our customers of the highest quality, reliability and value," said John Mendel, executive vice president of the Automobile Division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "Accord's success over four decades is deeply woven into the fabric of American car culture and American industry, and we are thankful for and deeply humbled by the loyalty and trust that our customers have placed in Honda and in Accord over the past 40 years."

Accord was the first Honda model and first vehicle from a Japanese automaker to be manufactured in America and has been in continuous production in America for nearly 34 years, since the start of Honda's U.S. automobile manufacturing at the company's Marysville, Ohio auto plant on November 1, 1982. Through the years, it also has been produced in the company's plants in East Liberty, Ohio; in Birmingham, Alabama; in Alliston, Ontario, Canada; and in El Salto, Jalisco, Mexico. In total, Honda has produced more than 10.7 million Accords in North America for both local and global markets.

Accord was also the first U.S.-made automobile from a Japanese automaker exported overseas, beginning with the shipment of Ohio-made Accords to Taiwan in 1987, followed by the landmark export of the U.S.-made Accord Coupe to Japan in March 1988.

From its humble roots as a hatchback with a smaller wheelbase than today's subcompact Honda Fit, to today's full lineup of engines and body styles – including the Accord Sedan and Coupe and just-launched 2017 Accord Hybrid – Accord has a legacy of leadership unique in the industry. Accord's ongoing success includes three consecutive years (2013-2015) as the top-selling car in America to individual car buyers.

A core element of Accord's enduring success is the ability to adapt to the changing needs of customers, including younger buyers, which today means meeting demand for advanced connectivity technology. The 2016 Accord, which received a major refresh in the fall of 2015, is one of the first high-volume models in the automotive industry to provide support for both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, seamlessly integrating the core features and functions of customers' smartphones.

In the area of safety, Accord also was among the first Honda models, along with the CR-V, Pilot, and Civic, to apply the Honda Sensing™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies, which can help prevent or mitigate the severity of a collision and which also serve as both a technological and perceptual bridge to the highly automated vehicles of the future.

The name Accord was derived from Honda's unremitting effort to achieve "accord" between people, society and the automobile through advanced technology. The introduction of the first Accord in June 1976 was significant for both American Honda and the automobile industry as a whole. For Honda, then known mainly for its motorcycles and its economical Civic, Accord was the first step toward becoming a full-line automaker and a major presence in the U.S. automobile market. For the industry, the Accord defined a new kind of car - a practical automobile that combined economy and value with sporty style and spirited performance.

To mark the 40th anniversary, Honda is featuring a timeline of Accord firsts on the Accord family page of the website as well as posting highlights on social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

To view 40 years of Accord history and learn more about the many firsts, body styles and models, visit Honda Accord Family ? Sedans, Coupes, and Hybrids | Honda.

Honda: Accord News-sps40le.jpg
The following 6 users liked this post by AZuser:
Costco (07-23-2016), F23A4 (06-06-2017), justnspace (07-22-2016), Legend2TL (07-22-2016), losiglow (07-17-2017), TacoBello (07-23-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-22-2016, 11:54 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,506 Posts
Honda begins testing Next-Gen Accord

Honda begins testing Next-Gen Accord - Automobile
Old 07-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
No more V6, also some of the DA guys where reading (somewhere) that they want to do away with the manual.

1976 Accord still faster than a slow 325i.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Team Owner

So they will have a N/A 2.4 and a Turbo 2.0? seems kinda redundant to me.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Supposedly, they made it a little smaller. Reports were saying its almost the same size as the Civic now.

I'm glad I got my 9.5 gen, because I'm not sure I'm going to like the 10th gen.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Team Owner

that will be very weird. if the Accord has the same fastback shape as Civic,, similar size as civic, i am sure it will look like the new Civic.. then is that a Civic?
TacoBello (07-23-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 06:36 PM
_

that will be very weird. if the Accord has the same fastback shape as Civic,, similar size as civic, i am sure it will look like the new Civic.. then is that a Civic?
Same platform. Same size. Same shape.

Yup....
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Honda is world leader in standardization.
They've only been doing it for years with the Acura brand being Honda+
TacoBello (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 12:06 AM
_

It looks bigger than the current 9th gen Accord. Maybe it's going to be a full size car like 8th gen Accord.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Team Owner

I personally think Accord can afford to be bigger since Civic has increased in size. all other competitor brands have something bigger.

But i wish it could stay at its current size tho...
Old 07-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I'm waiting for Honda to release a crown vic sized vehicle.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any updates?
Old 06-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
New Gen '18 Accord?

Old 06-03-2017, 05:38 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hope not. thanks.

Looks like a overblown Civic. The current Accord body style looks great, and is the best version yet.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by princelybug
Hope not. thanks.

Looks like a overblown Civic. The current Accord body style looks great, and is the best version yet.
I'd have to see it in person.
Looks like a lot of German influence.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Azine Jabroni

If Honda had a better AWD option, I would think this thing could do well in Europe and the US.

Then again, if Honda closed up Acura and used the money to improve the core brand, the Accord might be an incredible automobile.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:29 PM
_

Originally Posted by colt427
New Gen '18 Accord?
No. It's a photochop
Old 06-05-2017, 10:04 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
From the rear quarter window back it reminds me of an Audi / VW design

Quick Reply: Honda: Accord News