View Poll Results: What do you like Better?
Accord Concept Rims and Bodykit
73.97%
2004 Acura TL A-Spec Bodykit and Rims
26.03%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Honda: Accord News

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They give you your first three months free. XM rocks dude.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by rzee
BTW, do you have to pay monthly?
rzee - I was just about to ask that

I think the answer is yes ... and that means to me you can keep your XM ... I am not gonna pay for no stinkin' music.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Same pricing as it is on the RL. Free for the first 3 months, and $10/month after that if you choose to keep it in service.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Instructor

Considering that 95% of popular music sucks, I'll keep my mp3 player, thanks. 30GB of (legitimate) mp3s and I can make my own freaking "radio stations" (a.k.a. non-repeating playlists) for free
Old 08-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by provench
rzee - I was just about to ask that

I think the answer is yes ... and that means to me you can keep your XM ... I am not gonna pay for no stinkin' music.
prov! great minds think alike! Now are you going to finally give me some special power???

Old 08-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Burning Brakes

BTW, the freaking Acura mp3 player sux. On top of what I have mentioned before, it can only display two-digit track number.

Did you guys know the trip meter on your dash only shows 3-digit miles.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by shaf
Considering that 95% of popular music sucks, I'll keep my mp3 player, thanks. 30GB of (legitimate) mp3s and I can make my own freaking "radio stations" (a.k.a. non-repeating playlists) for free
well then, good for you
Old 08-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Instructor

Actually, I just looked at the XM stations, and I could see why people would want it. The music selection is fairly diverse; it seems like they added quite a few stations since I last looked at the brochure (or maybe I was looking at Sirius or something).

I still prefer the MP3 player, but I could see myself dropping Showtime to save $10 and picking up XM . Looks like you can even get the price down to $8.30 by signing a 2 year contract.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Acura Fan

Me wants XM too, escecially if the Accord will get it. They already have the power passenger seat and intergrated key, what gives I thought that Acura were supposed to be more lux than Honda?
Old 08-10-2003, 01:51 AM
has been here awhile

Originally posted by jt5905
Me wants XM too, escecially if the Accord will get it. They already have the power passenger seat and intergrated key, what gives I thought that Acura were supposed to be more lux than Honda?
Okay...maybe this theory is just a little weird and hard to understand...but...the Accord is Honda's top of the line model, right? Well, while the Acura TSX is a luxury car, it's one of Acura's "lesser" models. Soo...maybe that explains some of the missing features.

As for XM--I think they'll put it in the TSX soon. I'm guessing that Acura will have it in all of its models here real soon. But there's no telling for sure

SPUDMTN
Old 08-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Pro

Never heard or played around with satellite radio (always says, "could not find signal" inside the stores). I've heard that Sirius radio has no commercials.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:08 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by SPUDMTN
Okay...maybe this theory is just a little weird and hard to understand...but...the Accord is Honda's top of the line model, right? Well, while the Acura TSX is a luxury car, it's one of Acura's "lesser" models. Soo...maybe that explains some of the missing features
Actually, the answer is simpler.
1- TSX is a euro-spec car.
2- Europe doesn't get XM or Sirius, does it?
3- ergo...
Old 08-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Drifting

There are no acceptable explainations as to why a 2004 Honda Accord has XM but my 2004 Acura does not. I am most unhappy about this.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Jason
There are no acceptable explainations as to why a 2004 Honda Accord has XM but my 2004 Acura does not. I am most unhappy about this.
I'll show you my Sirius next Sat. It might make you feel better.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by GRAYTSX
I'll show you my Sirius next Sat. It might make you feel better.
Thanks Gray. I looked at Best Buy for sat radio and I saw why you chose the Sirius. It's a problem b/c I want XM but there's no way I'm installing that huge amber head unit in my car. But I also want clean installation and don't want to sacrifice my center stack storage space. Oh well.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:13 PM
A-TSX Newbie, my ass

Originally posted by fjtorres
Actually, the answer is simpler.
1- TSX is a euro-spec car.
2- Europe doesn't get XM or Sirius, does it?
3- ergo...
One "problem": The 2004 Audis get XM.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Race Director

Something that still strikes me as odd is people say the 04TL Key will not be integrated.. My god the 03Accord's key is integrated for god sakes.. and Lexus' has had there cars with integrated keys for years..

Why does Acura not understand they are in competition!

Also my 1998 Toyota Avalon XLS has power Passenger Seats, how does a 30k TSX Not?

The thing is Honda wants to keep everything balanced between Honda and Acura so they give and take features, like the 2004 TSX Doesn't have memory seats but the 2003 TL does but in 2005 I think the TSX will too..

I dont get how Honda thinks, I just hope they are thinking better for the future and not fking themselves up!

EDIT: Also I dont get why the fiken TSX has side mirror Turn signals while a higher model (04TL) Does not!
Old 08-10-2003, 08:37 PM
9th Gear

I have XM, and I will never EVER get rid of it as long as the company stays in business.

I too, am sick of the music played on the radio, and XM has a TON of underground music. I haven't listened to my CD's for a year now because all I've listened to is XM. XM 80, 81, 82 are the shit, underground electronica, played directly from vinyl, some are white label records.....doesn't get much more anti-FM radio than that.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:18 PM
4th Gear

Accord has power passenger seats?! I just test drove a coupe yesterday and the dealer said only the driver side was powered. Is it available in the sedan or a different trim?

Originally posted by jt5905
Old 08-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Skyhawk
One "problem": The 2004 Audis get XM.
Ah, but Audi, and indeed most euro-vendors, heavily Americanize their cars before shipping them here.

What they ship here is most definitely *not* euro-spec.

Honda did americanize the TSX but to a lesser degree since the raison d'etre for the car is precisely to be as close to euro-spec as possible. And since each americanization step costs money and is an active decision--rather than a passive one--that must be justified by a large enough target audience, there is no reason to expect a technology that is still ramping up deployment and is regional to boot, to register as a must-have feature.

So the answer remains; the baseline configuration for the TSX is euro-spec and it does not feature satellite radio.

As usual, if enough people whine, Honda will probably add it.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Cruisin'

Sounds reasonable, but still silly. They gave the car a different engine than they use in the Euro Accord, why not XM capability?

I have XM radio in my TSX. Just returned from driving to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (4000 miles total). It was great!! It has genres for everybody and no commercials that I heard.

Sure, there's something to be said for MP3s, but sometimes it's very nice to be surprised by music you like but didn't select beforehand.

By the way, I didn't see another TSX on the entire trip.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

I am not all that familiar with XM, so maybe some of you guys can tell me some of these questions. When there is storm cloud in the sky, can you still receive signal? How about on a lower deck of a bridge? Am I correct to assume that it will not work in a garage?

Anyway, I don't see myself getting XM, but I guess it make sense for people who travels a lot.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:08 PM
A-TSX Newbie, my ass

Originally posted by rzee
I am not all that familiar with XM, so maybe some of you guys can tell me some of these questions. When there is storm cloud in the sky, can you still receive signal? How about on a lower deck of a bridge? Am I correct to assume that it will not work in a garage?

Anyway, I don't see myself getting XM, but I guess it make sense for people who travels a lot.
I occasionally lose the signal going through a toll booth or while at the gas pump, but not even always in those situations.

I have never lost the signal due to weather (that I can attribute or attest). Lower deck of bridge you may be okay; you're definitely SOL in a tunnel.

I have been very pleased with all aspects (reception and content) on XM.

I got XM because "local" radio is virtually nonexistent - and what does exist, sucks -- and it has filled the bill beautifully.

Although I had an aftermarket unit installed on my Audi, I will not buy another car without it integrated. Audi understands my desires; Honda, are you listening?
Old 08-11-2003, 04:13 PM
A-TSX Newbie, my ass

Originally posted by fjtorres
And since each americanization step costs money and is an active decision--rather than a passive one--that must be justified by a large enough target audience, there is no reason to expect a technology that is still ramping up deployment and is regional to boot, to register as a must-have feature.

So the answer remains; the baseline configuration for the TSX is euro-spec and it does not feature satellite radio.

As usual, if enough people whine, Honda will probably add it.
My money says TSX definitely gets XM by MY 2005; hopefully (certainly possible) a mid-MY 2004 (Jan 2004) update.

While I think it is ridiculous, I think some marketing genius at Honda dictated that XM must "trickle down". RL got it in July, TL in Oct.... TSX will be next, then RSX. Note that for "Honda", that only Accords with leather are getting it now; surely in the future it will trickle down to cloth Accords, as well as Civics, CRV's, etc.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:14 PM
A-TSX Newbie, my ass

Originally posted by congee
Accord has power passenger seats?! I just test drove a coupe yesterday and the dealer said only the driver side was powered. Is it available in the sedan or a different trim?
I think it is Accord V6 EX's only that get power passenger seats.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Skyhawk
I think it is Accord V6 EX's only that get power passenger seats.
yep, the 96 Maxima has a power pass seat, because it had leather (climate control too with the leather).

In regards to XM, it is cool, my brother in law has it in his chevy pickup, it does have NASCAR radio, and comedy, and blues, and classical, and the other stuff we like (PUNK, ROCK, etc). Still do not like to pay the money for it, just like the extra cost for high speed internet, it just aint right.

XM or Serius is avail on the Audi's (your option), and BMW has Serrius, GM is XM, Chrysler has one of them Toyota too, Nissan has XM, list goes on and on, just go to the XM or Serius web sites and you will see all the makers that are adding it.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:51 PM
has been here awhile

Originally posted by 2004TL
...EDIT: Also I dont get why the fiken TSX has side mirror Turn signals while a higher model (04TL) Does not!
I can answer this one Check out the crease on the 2004 TL and take note of the integrated turn-signals in the crease. Pretty nifty feature!

I too wondered at first why the TL doesn't have the mirrors w/ integrated turn-signals.

SPUDMTN
Old 08-12-2003, 04:51 AM
Race Director

I can answer this one Check out the crease on the 2004 TL and take note of the integrated turn-signals in the crease. Pretty nifty feature!

I too wondered at first why the TL doesn't have the mirrors w/ integrated turn-signals.

SPUDMTN
Are you talking about the black little rectangle in front or the red one in the back?

Are they both Turn signals?

Even so, its still not a Integrated signal in the Mirror.

what color will the black rectangle light up as?
Old 08-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Pro

Are you talking about the black little rectangle in front or the red one in the back?

Are they both Turn signals?

Even so, its still not a Integrated signal in the Mirror.

what color will the black rectangle light up as?
No, the one in the back is a rear side marker. The black/smoked one in the front will light up yellow. Look at the Lycos photos where the lights are on, you can clearly see this.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by need4spd
No, the one in the back is a rear side marker. The black/smoked one in the front will light up yellow. Look at the Lycos photos where the lights are on, you can clearly see this.
so the front black one will always stay on and light up Yellow, while the back red one will blink for the indicator?

Thats not a bad idea

Will the Black one in the front also blink with the rear one when indicator is on, or do you think it will stay Yellow?
Old 08-12-2003, 11:01 PM
has been here awhile

so the front black one will always stay on and light up Yellow, while the back red one will blink for the indicator?

Thats not a bad idea

Will the Black one in the front also blink with the rear one when indicator is on, or do you think it will stay Yellow?
Well...I may be wrong...but the way this system normally works on cars is that the front side marker will flash w/ the turn indicators, while the back one will stay on constantly w/ the headlights, and not flash w/ the turn signal.

After looking at the pictures again, it looks like both markers will stay on constant w/ the headlamps on. I would expect the yellow one to blink w/ the turn signals--considering that amber is required for turn signals on the front of the vehicle.

SPUDMTN
Old 08-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Pro

Well...I may be wrong...but the way this system normally works on cars is that the front side marker will flash w/ the turn indicators, while the back one will stay on constantly w/ the headlights, and not flash w/ the turn signal.

After looking at the pictures again, it looks like both markers will stay on constant w/ the headlamps on. I would expect the yellow one to blink w/ the turn signals--considering that amber is required for turn signals on the front of the vehicle.

SPUDMTN
I agree with you spud, the rear red one will be on with the rest of the lights, while the front black/amber one will be on with the lights and flash with the turn signals.

It is weird though for the amber to be on with the lights in that location (seeing that the front ambers are also on). I would have thought that the black/amber one should only come on with the turn signals like European cars in that location, and the TSX mirror lights do.

Also, I liked the amber lens color on the prototype much better than the black/smoke lens of the seattle car.

It would even be nicer in a clear lens for the lighter colored cars (europeans use either amber lenses or more reciently, clear in this position).
Old 08-19-2003, 05:32 PM
2nd Gear

You can get it NOW in the 2004 TSX as an option below the CD player. I have it in mine.

PW/AUTO/NAVI/XM 10118
Old 08-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Racer

I always noticed cars eqipped with front sidemarkers are usually on with the rest of the driving lights. Anyhow, by law they'd have to light up amber (driving or signaling). But for the front turn signals, you should check your state laws cause some States allow clear/white signals.

Hmmm, speaking of sidemarkers: I like how Porche and the Infiniti G35 place their sidemarker along the wheel well.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:56 AM
Burning Brakes

yeah! I was following a carrera last week and from directly behind it i could see the sidemarker, it was cool!
Old 08-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by congee
I had a 98 Accord EX V6 Sedan and a Coupe. The coupe didn't have a power passenger seat. I think it may be because the coupe is a two door and the seat folds and releases forward to give passengers easy entry into the back.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
350HP Hybrid Accord Type R

Here's the proof that Honda's performance chiefs 'R' working on a speedy edition of the Accord. These are the first official pictures of a high-powered Type R version of the recently launched Tourer estate.

Officially, it's a concept, known as the Accord Tourer Diesel Sports Study Model, and it's the first high-performance oil-burner the firm has ever produced. Using the 2.2 i-CDTi diesel and thought to offer masses of torque, it comes with enormous alloys, flared bodywork and revised exhausts. Inside, there are bucket seats and a sporty steering wheel.

This is not the first time the firm has considered a performance edition of its acclaimed family car. The chunky load-lugger follows on from the wild super-Accord seen at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year. Aimed at the likes of the Mercedes C32 and BMW M3, the concept could use electric and petrol hybrid power. By adapting the firm's IMA technology, it would offer a 200bhp four-cylinder unit up front and a 150bhp electric rear motor, giving 350bhp in total and returning 35mpg economy.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:35 PM
Pit Stop?

Holy shit! Where do I sign up!?!
Old 09-04-2003, 06:41 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
I would totally hit that.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:43 PM
Pit Stop?

I normally don't like Hatches/Wagons, but that's fuckin BALLIN.

Quick Reply: Honda: Accord News