AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/)
-   -   GM launching March incentive program (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/gm-launching-march-incentive-program-361008/)

gavriil 03-15-2007 07:27 AM

GM launching March incentive program

GM launching March incentive program - - Jamie LaReau | Automotive News / March 15, 2007 - 1:00 am - - Source: autonews.com

DETROIT -- General Motors is launching an incentive program today to spur March sales of certain Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, GMC and Saturn vehicles.

The program starts March 15 and runs through April 3. GM's Cadillac, Hummer and Saab brands are not included.

The program offers consumers 0 percent financing for up to 36 months and reduced-rate financing for up to 72 months on certain vehicles, GM says. It also provides $1,000 in customer cash that can be used with the lower-rate financing.

"It's a very acceptable program," says John Rogin, owner of Rogin Buick in Livonia, Mich. "It'll give those people over the last few weeks that walked through the showroom a reason to buy."

Rogin says consumers can get 2.9 percent financing for 48 months and 4.9 percent financing for 60 months for specific GMC, Buick and Pontiac vehicles.

Models included

The program includes most of GM's 2006 and 2007 models. It includes all Pontiac vehicles except the Solstice roadster, for instance.

Eligible Chevrolet vehicles are: the Cobalt sedan, the HHR crossover, the Aveo compact car, the Malibu and Malibu Maxx sedans, the Equinox crossover, and the Tahoe and Suburban SUVs.

For GMC, the plan applies to the Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali and Denali XL trucks. The Buick Lucerne and LaCrosse sedans qualify. The plan includes the Saturn Vue SUV, Ion sedan and new Aura sedan.

GM also is including 2006 and 2007 GMT800 trucks, GMC half-ton extended cab and heavy duty pickups, and all new GMT900 series Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size pickups. GM's 2007 models are covered under the GM 100,000 mile/5-year powertrain limited warranty.

GM will advertise the sale nationally and through local marketing groups using TV, radio, interactive programs and print, GM says. It will be called the Spring Sales Event for Chevrolet and Saturn and the Upgrade Event for Buick, Pontiac and GMC, GM says.

Mokos23 03-15-2007 08:31 AM

I am not interested in any of those vehicles at all. That sucks that Cadillac isn't included, which is the only exciting GM division for me. I have never seen an Aura sedan yet on the road, but just on tv and at the Saturn dealer I drive by.

CGTSX2004 03-15-2007 09:33 AM

I am hoping there will be some nice incentives on the G8 GT when I am ready to get one. Hopefully GM doesnt' recover too much in terms of sales volume over the next couple of years. :D

sdho 03-15-2007 12:03 PM

darn it! Acadia is not on the list :D

Moog-Type-S 03-15-2007 12:52 PM

Surprised that the Aura is on the list.

gavriil 03-15-2007 01:16 PM

I was also very surprised at the Aura included in this program.

Edward'TLS 03-15-2007 07:51 PM

The Aura sedan running out of steam already ?!

Ashburner 03-15-2007 09:39 PM

This deal isn't much better than anything else they offer.