Ford: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,740 Likes on 800 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh99CL
I wish I was more fluent in the market. If you're a little bit of a risk taker you can make insane amounts of cash for literally no work. (Granted you'll want to do research obviously but you know what I mean).
just do it. the pros don't know what they are doing either
Old 04-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,740 Likes on 800 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
I just picked up 200 shares.
good for you. I think you'll make money. I'm thinking about adding it to my portfolio too.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I just bought 50 shares not long ago. I don't think I'll make insane money, but will make some.

And yes, I'm doing this as a GM car owner. It's not personal, it's about making a little extra money for mods/retirement.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
The thread about Chrysler's bankruptcy got me thinking about Ford. Ford is much better off than the other two American car companies and actually has fantastic product in Europe that I think would do well here if they'd just get their shit together and start retrofitting the factories to build them in North America.

Here's what SHOULD be the Ford USA lineup:

Ford Fiesta (new model)

Ford Focus (replace current Focus)

Ford Mondeo (replace Fusion)

Ford Taurus

Ford Kuga (replace Escape)

Ford C-Max

Ford S-Max

If Ford had this lineup in their showrooms, wouldn't they be extremely competitive?

Again, these cars would have to be built here for this to work but Ford needs to get more than just the Fiesta over here.

And as much as the new Taurus is an improvement over the 500, you can see how they "americanized" the front end. I think it's inferior to the euro models.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know about the last 2, but the others look better than what we have here. I'm still not into the Taurus, though.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by aznboi2424
+1 for Ford.
out of all the US automakers, Ford is the one that I am most proud of. I hope Ford doesnt go under, they're really making changes and strides in the right direction.
Originally Posted by subinf
Good for them.
Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Good for them. Of the big 3, they're the only one that has a true global perspective. If GM had only learned their lesson earlier....
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Ford's gonna be huge in the next few years....doing these right.
Originally Posted by kneedragger87

Good for Ford!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:10 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
The thread about Chrysler's bankruptcy got me thinking about Ford. Ford is much better off than the other two American car companies and actually has fantastic product in Europe that I think would do well here if they'd just get their shit together and start retrofitting the factories to build them in North America.

Here's what SHOULD be the Ford USA lineup:

Ford Fiesta (new model) coming to NA
Ford Focus (replace current Focus) coming to NA
Ford Mondeo (replace Fusion) coming to NA
Ford Taurus already in NA
Ford Kuga (replace Escape) possibly coming to NA
Ford C-Max ??
Ford S-Max ??

If Ford had this lineup in their showrooms, wouldn't they be extremely competitive?

Again, these cars would have to be built here for this to work but Ford needs to get more than just the Fiesta over here.

And as much as the new Taurus is an improvement over the 500, you can see how they "americanized" the front end. I think it's inferior to the euro models.
See above....most of the cars you posted are confirmed to be in NA soon.
Fiesta first, followed by one world platform Focus, & Mondeo. Kuga is rumored for NA.

Ford has already turned the ship around. The future for them is quite bright.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:16 AM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
good for ford, I grew up in a GM family but fords the only company of the three that actually get it, they need to stop dicking around
Old 04-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

See above....most of the cars you posted are confirmed to be in NA soon.
Fiesta first, followed by one world platform Focus, & Mondeo. Kuga is rumored for NA.

Ford has already turned the ship around. The future for them is quite bright.
I hadn't seen confirmation that the Mondeo and new Focus were definitely going to be sold in the US.

I definitely think they need to sell the Kuga instead of the Escape.

And they need to stop Americanizing things. Chrome-painted plastic != prestige.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
im buying Ford's stocks today..............
Old 04-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Ford: Smaller-Than-Expected Loss Boosts the Stock

Ford Motor (F) said on Apr. 24 that it firmly believes it has enough cash to get through this year without any government loans. It posted a smaller-than-expected first-quarter loss of $1.4 billion, a performance that sent the automaker's shares up more than 17% in early trading.
Deep cost-cutting in Ford's engineering and product development as well as debt reduction and deals with the United Auto Workers that will lower costs in the future moved Wall Street investment bank Goldman Sachs (GS) to issue a "buy" recommendation on Ford stock before trading opened on the New York Stock Exchange.
Gaining Market Share

Ford shares have been on a tear since the start of the year, rising more than 70% through the close of trading on Apr. 23. Data collected by Edmunds.com shows a spike since last fall in General Motors (GM) and Chrysler shoppers now considering Fords, especially to the F-Series truck and Fusion sedan models.
"Our results in the first quarter reflected the extremely difficult business environment and weak demand for autos around the world," said Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally. "Despite the challenges, Ford made strong progress on our transformation plan by gaining share with strong new products, slowing operating-related cash outflows, reducing outstanding debt, lowering our structural costs, and reaching new agreements with the UAW."
The automaker posted a $70 million profit in the same quarter the previous year, well before the stock and credit markets began their deep slide.
Perhaps most important to Ford's financial health is its shoring up of cash reserves, which stood at $21.3 billion at the end of the first quarter. By contrast, GM and Chrysler are essentially out of cash reserves, which is why they need government loans or a Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization to survive.
Ford Chief Financial Officer Lewis Booth said the company's $3.7 billion cash burn for the quarter will be the highest for the company this year. But he expects the rate of cash depletion to slow throughout the rest of the year. The automaker is projecting to cut its expenses by $4 billion this year to offset lower vehicle sales and revenue.
"Ford, in part, is benefitting from their rivals' bad news," says independent marketing consultant Dennis Keene. "Every time a new story comes out, on a daily basis, about GM and Chrysler going down, Ford gets a mention as a stronger company that hasn't taken any taxpayer loans."
Reaching Break-Even

Ford, while unquestionably stronger than its crosstown rivals, still faces stiff challenges to achieve its goal of operating at break-even by 2011.
Its sales were off 44% through March, while total industry sales were down 38%. Ford's revenues fell to $10.2 billion in the first quarter from $17.1 billion the year before. That is a breathtaking drop for any company, but is especially hard on an auto company, with its high fixed costs.
The possible bankruptcies of GM and Chrysler are also threatening the operations of hundreds of auto suppliers. Disruptions from suppliers to Ford could cause chaos in its production. CEO Mulally said he is confident that the White House auto industry task force is on top of the supplier issue and will act to provide credit and liquidity to those companies.
Ford cut $1.9 billion in costs in the first quarter, almost half its goal for the full year. Besides head count, Ford has been rapidly reducing the amount it spends developing vehicles, though its quality has been rising against rivals such as Toyota and Honda. Higher-quality scores recognized by outside observers like <cite>Consumer Reports</cite> are helping bump up retail demand for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles.
Ford also has the strongest flow of new products among the U.S. carmakers over the next two years, having focused its resources on pumping up the lineups of its core Ford and Lincoln brands.
Detroit Downturn's Winner

"We continue to see Ford as a net beneficiary of the significant structural shifts in the industry, and the stronger operating performance give us greater confidence the company can navigate through the industry trough," says Goldman Sachs auto analyst Patrick Archambault.
Ford's losses were spread across the globe; the U.S. is far from the only economy in trouble. It lost $637 million in North America and $550 million in Europe. Ford earned $63 million in South America and $96 million in the Asia-Pacific region.
Ford's Volvo unit posted a pretax loss of $255 million. The carmaker is attempting to sell the Swedish company, having already sold off Land Rover, Jaguar, and Aston Martin to focus on Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury. Chinese automakers and European private equity firms are the most likely buyers.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...s+%2B+analysis
Old 05-02-2009, 10:07 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Ford has a ton of awesome euro models. I was very impressed with them when I was over there. And I'm also happy at how the stock is doing. I wish I had got in on it when my dad did.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 946 Likes on 515 Posts
The funny thing is by looking at the Ford lineup, there are cars I would actually be interested in. The MKS is on that list, and maybe the Taurus SHO. And the European Mondeo would be as well.

GM? The Australian built G8 was a consideration, along with the Corvette and the Saturn Sky. And the CTS-V is excellent. But Pontiac and Saturn will go by the wayside.

Good to see Ford do well, bottom line.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Taurus would be a since car although I would get the Sable due to more conservative styling
Old 05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
Ford C-Max
Hey it's the Mazda 5!

Ford S-Max
"Ford Smacks"
Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Ford invests $550M to convert SUV plant to produce new Focus

Associated Press article on Yahoo
WAYNE, Michigan (AP) -- Ford Motor Co. will invest $550 million to convert its old Michigan Truck Plant into a facility that will build small compact modern cars, the car maker said Wednesday.

The retooled facility, which once built sport utility vehicles like the Lincoln Navigator, will now build Ford's next-generation Focus, expected to roll off the line next year.

The plant will also build a new battery-electric version of the Focus for the North American market. That vehicle is expected to debut in 2011.

The struggling automaker says roughly 3,200 jobs will be created in Michigan because of the plant conversion.

The majority of Ford's investment will be spent on manufacturing at the site and the remainder on engineering and launch costs.
Thank God ... I may have to reward Ford for taking this chance with my business. Though I'd really rather buy a small CUV like the Kuga, the Focus hatch might work too if they make a 5-dr like the Golf.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford: Tops Brand Loyalty Study for 2009

STUDY: Ford owns brand loyalty in 2009; Scorned Saturn, Pontiac buyers will look outside of GM

PRESS RELEASE

Six Ford vehicles among industry's top 10 for having highest customer brand loyalty

/PRNewswire/ -- Ford Motor Co. vehicles accounted for six of the top 10 vehicles for customer brand loyalty, according to recent industry analyses from Experian Automotive.

Ford Fusion, Ford Edge and Ford Five-Hundred owners showed the industry's highest brand loyalty, returning to buy a Ford Motor Co. vehicle 62.4 percent, 57.9 percent and 56 percent of the time, respectively. The Ford Freestyle (51.9 percent) was fifth, the Ford Escape (49.4 percent) was seventh, and the Ford Focus (47.57 percent) came in ninth. "

Ford had an outstanding performance for brand loyalty in the second quarter of 2009," said Jeff Anderson, director of Consulting and Analytics for Experian Automotive. "With six of the top 10 vehicles for customer brand loyalty, Ford is showing that its products are passing the most important test: turning happy customers into repeat buyers." Other top-finishing vehicles included the Toyota Prius (52 percent) in fourth place, the Chevrolet Impala (51.7 percent) in sixth place, the Toyota Camry (47.8 percent) at number eight and the Toyota Corolla (47.56 percent) in 10th place.

"Brand loyalty is a critical element of success, even survival, in today's challenged auto industry," said Scott Waldron, president of Experian Automotive. "The ability to retain customers is an important indicator of product success and commitment to developing long-term customer relationships. As automakers are scrambling to maintain market share, holding onto current customers has never been more important."

These loyalty findings, along with analysis of other industry trends, were the result of Experian Automotive's latest quarterly industry study looking at results from the first half of 2009. A recorded presentation of Experian Automotive's full industry analysis can be viewed at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/309875578.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
This seems a bit fishy to me.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Hello!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford is doing some great things. Thank you for sharing
Old 11-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Ford Posts $997 Million Profit, Projects Solid Income for 2011

Ford Posts $997 Million Profit, Projects Solid Income for 2011
By Keith Naughton

Nov. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Ford Motor Co., the only major U.S. automaker to avoid bankruptcy, posted a $997 million net income in the third quarter and its first operating profit since early 2008. It expects to be “solidly profitable” in 2011.

On an adjusted basis, Ford reported a quarterly pretax profit of $1.1 billion, or 26 cents a share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $3 billion or $1.32. Ford beat the 20-cents per share adjusted loss it was forecast to report by an average of 11 analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.

Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally, who kept Ford out of Chapter 11 as General Motors Co. and Chrysler Group LLC reorganized, is trying to extend sales momentum the Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker built by avoiding a bailout. It posted its first consecutive quarterly net profit under Mulally today.

“Ford is a company that’s well into a turnaround,” said Bernie McGinn, president of McGinn Investment Management of Alexandria, Virginia, which owns about 320,000 Ford shares. “They did it by themselves and didn’t take government money. That gives people a good gut feeling and they’re being rewarded for that.”

The company reported a quarterly net profit of 29 cents a share, compared with net loss of $161 million, or 7 cents, a year earlier. Ford had positive automotive cash flow of $1.3 billion compared with cash consumption of $1 billion in the second quarter. In the year earlier quarter, Ford used $7.7 billion.

Ford finished the third quarter with $23.8 billion in automotive cash, up from $21 billion at the end of the second quarter.

Automotive Revenue

Automotive revenue rose $100 million from a year ago, while third-quarter sales fell 2.5 percent to $30.9 billion as Ford boosted North American production by 18 percent during the period. The average estimate for total revenue was for $28.5 billion, according to 8 analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.

Ford will end the year with $18.2 billion in automotive cash, said Barclays Capital auto analyst Brian Johnson, who upgraded the shares Oct. 20 to “equal weight” from “underweight.”

“With improving performance, we continue to expect Ford to meet its minimum cash need through 2011,” wrote Johnson, who is based in Chicago.

Headwinds buffeting Ford include a debt load larger than that of restructured rivals and the rejection of cost-cutting contract concessions by United Auto Workers union members. While Detroit-based GM’s liabilities will be $22.3 billion in 2011, Ford’s total will be $38.1 billion, Johnson estimated.

Ford reported its fourth quarterly net income since Mulally became CEO in 2006, including $2.26 billion in the second quarter after an accounting gain. He hasn’t presided over an annual profit at Ford, which has posted three straight full-year losses totaling $30 billion.

Ford fell 30 cents, or 4.1 percent, to $7 in New York Stock Exchange composite trading Oct. 30. The shares have declined 2.9 percent since the end of September after more than tripling this year.

To contact the reporter on this story: Keith Naughton in Southfield, Michigan at Knaughton3@bloomberg.net

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...6C9gLnTU&pos=1
Old 11-02-2009, 10:27 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Props to Ford.

Their product is looking fantastic.

Fusion is great
Taurus is great

Fiesta
Mondeo
coming soon!

The future looks bright for Ford!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Thats big pimpin without gov cash!!!!... who here knows someone who works / worked for Ford so we can get the inside scoop on how "Joe worker" is / has been affected?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Unfortunately, the UAW is going to kill any momentum Ford has managed to create ...

UAW hates America ... or something
Old 11-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
The only american automaker I would consider buying, its got some great vehicles in its line up and I only see good things for Ford.

UAW:
Old 01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Great Cnet interview with Alan Mulally

Despite being the former head of Boeing, the new head of Ford says "no flying cars"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30966_3-10430683-262.html
Old 01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,498 Posts
Nice find, great leader Mullay (777 Program Manager) but what's up with the Mr. Rogers red sweater?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Maybe it's just a 'beautiful day' in Ford's neighborhood? I also found an hourlong interview with John Mendel from last summer. Interesting to hear what they were saying back then vs. what we see now. For example, he says (in June '09) that the NSX is only delayed. Look for Autoline Afterhours Ep. 11
Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by Fibonacci
My predictions:

1. Mulally dumps Mercury brand.

2. Aston Martin is bought out by an LBO/Private Equity deal.

3. Ford still bleeds off another $5-9 Billion in cash next year.

4. They ink an alliance with Hyundai

5. Product pipeline turns the corner in '09.

Batting avg .600 Could still be right on number one...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dom
I'm sure they will.

When Acura goes RWD.
Man its time to eat your words

Last edited by (Cj); 01-20-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Ford: First profitable year since '05

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford Motor reported its first full-year profit since 2005 and said it expects to be profitable again in 2010.

The automaker, which has outpaced the turnaround at both its domestic and some overseas rivals, said Thursday that it earned $2.7 billion in 2009. The company was helped by special items that added $2.6 billion to its bottom line during the year.

But even without that assistance, Ford (F, Fortune 500) essentially broke even after taxes. That's far better than the loss of 31 cents per share that analysts had forecast for 2009. Ford lost $7.3 billion, or $3.20 a share, on that basis in 2008.
http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/28/news...ults/index.htm

Props to Ford
Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

And to Alan Mullaly for being the first CEO in recent memory (besides perhaps Steve "Stolen Migrant Worker's Liver" Jobs) to actually earn his paycheck.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:03 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

And to Alan Mullaly for being the first CEO in recent memory (besides perhaps Steve "Stolen Migrant Worker's Liver" Jobs) to actually earn his paycheck.
Don't speak too soon....did you see the iPad?
Old 05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
I feel the need...

Ford Said to Plan End of Forgotten Mercury After Seven Decades

May 27 (Bloomberg) -- Ford Motor Co. is preparing to wind down the Mercury line, created in 1939 by Edsel Ford, after sales plunged 74 percent since 2000, said two people familiar with the plan.

The automaker’s top executives are preparing a proposal to kill Mercury to be presented to directors in July, said the people, who asked not to be indentified revealing internal discussions. Mercury, losing two of four models next year, will be starved of products and promotion, the people said.

Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally emphasized the automaker’s namesake brand as he revived the only major U.S. automaker to avoid bankruptcy. The timing of Mercury’s demise depends on how fast executives can convince the brand’s dealers, who also sell Lincoln models, to close or merge with Ford showrooms, they said.

“Mercury is a forgotten brand,” said John Wolkonowicz, an auto analyst with IHS Global Insight in Lexington, Massachusetts. “Many Americans probably already think it has been discontinued. Mercury was too similar to Ford from the very beginning......”
http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...n-decades.html

Batting .800!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I feel the need...

Dealers Beg for Cars as Automakers' New Discipline Curbs Sales

Ford Motor Co. used to flood Beau Boeckmann with more cars than he knew what to do with. Now, he’s not getting enough.

Boeckmann, vice president of Galpin Ford in Los Angeles, asked for 100 Fusion sedans in July. He received 7.

“I am begging for inventory across the board,” said Boeckmann, whose dealership is the automaker’s top-selling U.S. store. “I couldn’t sleep a year ago because I thought, ‘We have a year’s supply of these cars!’ And now I’m worried about our inventory again because we don’t have enough.”

With Ford, General Motors Co. and Chrysler Group LLC kicking a decades-long habit of building more cars than customers want, dealers are howling that they can’t get enough models to drive sales back to pre-recession levels. This newfound discipline preserves the automakers’ profit per vehicle and draws praise from investors. At the same time, it cuts retailers’ volumes......
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...rbs-sales.html
Old 08-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
prbolem with Ford is that it has sold it Premier Auto group. so it will be very hard for it to create global luxury brand.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6702750/in...ash/index.html
Ford Takes Steps to Reduce Debt by Borrowing Government Cash

When the narrative of the Great Recession's effect on the U.S. automotive industry is penned, Ford will more than likely be remembered as the company with the foresight to turn itself around in 2006, allowing it to subsequently decline government money while the remaining Big Two floundered in bankruptcy and bailouts.

but a closer look at history will no doubt reveal that's only part of the story. Case in point: four years after borrowing money as part of its turnaround plan spearheaded by then new CEO Alan Mulally, Ford now finds itself securing government loans as part of an effort to help it pay back its initial debt.

On the surface, the situation sounds confusing: How can Ford, which reported $7.3 billion in profit since the end of 2009, still be in debt? And especially after announcing record repayments earlier this summer? According to The Wall Street Journal, Ford's debt began to accumulate right after taking out the $23.5 billion loan back in 2006. Even with the repayments, Ford's debt reportedly still stands at more than $25 billion.

As part of an initiative to elevate its credit rating, Ford has asked for, and received debt assistance from the governments of the United States, the United Kingdom, and the European Union. The guarantees come from the Export-Import Bank of the U.S., which recently pledged $250 million, as well as the European Investment Bank. Meanwhile, as Ford began to lessen its debt, the automaker took out a $1.8 billion loan from the U.S. government as part of an effort to advance its technologies aimed at improving fuel-efficiency.

The initial results have led to improvements in investment ratings from Fitch and Standard & Poor's, but neither rate Ford investment-worthy yet. Standard & Poor's rating is slightly higher than Fitch, according to WSJ.

Will the increased focus on Ford taking government money mitigate its recent success in paying off its debt? Or will hindsight tell us that Ford should have taken the original bailout money? Let us know what you think in the comments section.

Source: The Wall Street Journal (Subscription required)

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/6702750/in...#ixzz0wM6ZG8AE
Old 01-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

1 year later ... Ford to hire 7000 new workers by 2012 ... In the United States
Old 01-10-2011, 01:46 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,807 Likes on 3,727 Posts

Ford might be earning my next car buying money.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
Go Ford!

While GM and Chrysler are doing better, somebody needs to go over there, smack the board of directors silly, point at the Ford building and say, "See that? Do what they're doing!"
Old 01-20-2011, 04:25 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Ford to EXPORT to China?!?!

Ford signed an agreement to explore the possibility of exporting U.S.-made vehicles to China earlier on Thursday. “Ford Motor Company is evaluating opportunities to import vehicles to China from the U.S., subject to our business plan and to Chinese regulatory approvals governing vehicle imports,” the automaker said in a statement.

Ford is a relative latecomer to the Chinese market, but is expanding its efforts through partnerships with Changan , Mazda and Jiangling. Ford is currently building a $300 million joint factory with Jiangling.

No word on what U.S.-built model or models Ford might export to China.

Appropriately, Ford partner Changan announced a new Michigan-based R&D center this week.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-con...-to-china.html

Planning ahead for the coming weak U.S. dollar?!?!?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...and-loyalty-/1

Hyundai ousted traditional top dogs Honda and Toyota for No. 1 in brand loyalty in the second quarter says a shopping analysis Kelly Blue Book's KBB.com. It's the first time Hyundai has led for a full quarter since KBB began tracking brand loyalty.

That's like lapping the leaders for Hyundai, which first overtook them in February. Hyundai also a keeping momentum at a time when overall brand loyalty fell for the most brands in the past year, says KBB, which blames the economy, recalls, fuel prices and more alternatives. The analysis defines loyalty as shoppers researching the brand they own for their new car.

The top five in brand loyalty for Q2 2011:

Hyundai, 52.3%
Honda, 49.7%
Toyota, 47.7%
Ford, 45.4%
Subaru, 44.8%
Also bucking the drop in brand loyalty: Hyundai corporate sibling Kia. It was one of just two other brands to show a rise in customer loyalty vs. the quarter a year ago. The other rising brand was Mini Cooper. KBB cited the same reasons for their loyalty success as it did for Hyundai.

KBB's analysis says Hyundai is keeping customers with aggressive marketing efforts and new products."Hyundai's product renaissance is benefitting the company not just by attracting an all-new customer base, but by helping them to retain" current Hyundai owners," said Arthur Henry, market intelligence manager for Kelley Blue Book. It's "testament to the power of attractive vehicle designs and intriguing marketing."

KBB also found luxury brand loyalty rising again:

After declining the past few years, in part due to a better economy and more stable gas prices, KBB sees prior luxury owners shifting back to brands they bought when the economy was booming. Mercedes-Benz, Audi and BMW all saw loyalty rise Q1 to Q2 although all remain down from last year.

Quick Reply: Ford: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News