Ford: Focus News

Old 01-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I saw the Focus ST at the Washington, DC Auto Show today. Didn't take a picture because I didn't have a camera.

Anyway, booth bimbo told me 250-ish horsepower. Comes out in summer of 2012. No price yet.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Race Director

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts
We don't need a pic of the car but of the booth bimbo.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by biker
We don't need a pic of the car but of the booth bimbo.
5'6", 105lbs ... Nothing really worth mentioning.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:32 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Ford announces 80mpg focus econetic

Ford has announced Europe’s most fuel efficient compact car – the Focus ECOnetic. Powered by a 1.6L turbocharged diesel engine, Ford says the Focus ECOnetic is capable of 80mpg on the combined European cycle.

Slated to hit the European market early next year, the Ford Focus ECOnetic is set to become Europe’s most fuel efficient small car – a category which includes other diesels, gas-powered cars and even hybrids.

Available in five-door and estate body styles, the Focus ECOnetic is powered by 1.6L turbocharged diesel engine. Ford failed to release any performance figures but, given the car’s 80mpg rating, we don’t expect the Focus ECOnetic to be a horsepower king.

Whatever power is there is routed via a completely redesigned six-speed Durashift manual transmission. The gearbox was optimized to reduce frictional losses, and even uses a special low-friction transmission oil.

Further aiding in fuel economy, the Focus ECOnetic is equipped with an exclusive aerodynamics package. The aero kit reduce the standard Focus’ already low 0.295 CD even further, thanks to under-mounted shields and deflectors, low-drag wheel covers and Ford’s Active Grille Shutter system. Ford says the latter can decrease CO2 emissions by up to two percent.

No word on pricing, but expect to hear more on that subject closer to the Focus ECOnetic’s planned launch next year.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-focus-econetic.html

Hybrid what?!?!?!

Diesel FTW!!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Duh ^ .. I really dont know what or why its taking so long to get Diesels to our market, especially in the Hybrid market.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,629 Likes on 13,880 Posts
Post Ford Focus adds on-board WiFi in Europe

From here: http://ca.autoblog.com/2011/05/03/fo...the-new-focus/

You might figure that, with a name like Focus, Ford's compact model would be all about eliminating distractions. But the new global Focus is jam-packed with technology, and the latest among them is a new in-car WiFi system.

The device works with SYNC and MyFord Touch to pick up the signal from a mobile internet dongle or smartphone and share it with as many as five additional devices in the car. This should come in handy for road trips and traveling salesmen, but we hope drivers will be able to stayed focused while behind the wheel.

One way or another, the system appears to be available – at least initially – only overseas in European markets, but we'll be keeping an eye out for its introduction here, as well. In the meantime you can follow the jump to scope out the full details in the press release from Ford's British subsidiary.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:35 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ 5 seconds and counting for the Nanny State of Kalifornia to ban this feature.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Post USA 2day

If the rest of the 2012 Ford Focus were as well-executed as the artful styling, a lot of compact-car rivals could simply take their toys and go home.

But not so.

Based on drives of 2 examples of the completely remade Focus, a $20,000 midlevel, 4-door sedan and a $28,000 hatchback, it's clear that Focus could be better.

Good stuff 1st.

The appearance is edgy, daring and qualifies as eye candy, especially the hatchback. 1 neat touch: To avoid breaking up the flow, Ford cleverly camouflaged the gas-filler door by tucking it next to the taillight and shaping it to match surrounding lines. What rule says fuel doors all need to be round and obvious?

The driving behavior is satisfying. The hatchback had the optional ($595) handling package, which included 18-inch-diameter wheels (vs. standard 16-in.) shod with wider tires and sport suspension. The sedan lacked those. But both were fun to fling and encouraged you to do just that. The sport model, of course, handled snaky spots with more élan — less body lean, mainly — than the standard version, but clearly the sport ethic is baked in.

Helping the cause: Ford again has tuned hard-to-master electric power steering nearly to a fare-thee-well, something it's now managed on vehicles as big as the F-150 pickup. The team getting it so right, so often deserves a raise. There are plenty of other automakers who still can't do it so consistently.

The drivetrain generally excites. Ford's growing use on gasoline engines of direct injection (GDI) creates punchy powerplants of modest size. The Focus 4-cylinder is rated 160 hp and acts as if it has more.

The 6-speed automatic shifts brilliantly most of the time. It's a "manumatic" of the sort that Ford also uses on the Fiesta subcompact. Ford calls it PowerShift.

Such manumatics use less fuel than conventional automatics without imposing the rubber-band personality of also-gas-efficient CVTs (continuously variable-ratio automatics). PowerShift and its ilk are true manuals, but there's no clutch pedal. The transmission electronically engages and disengages the clutch as needed to move through the gears.

While Test Drive was enamored of how the Focus drives, there were bitterly disappointing aspects that need noting:

•Size. Too small, at least inside. Similar outside to rivals, but about 5% less people space — including shortages in key areas such as headroom and legroom — making the car feel smaller than its dimensions. Too, the console is small and there is no other space for phones, etc., if the 2 cup holders are in use.

•Noise. Too much. The suspension clunks on rough, patched and broken asphalt — that is, almost every road surface. The hatchback's bigger tires threw up a hounding roar, and the sedan's smaller skins weren't exactly silent. Test Drive kept reaching for the power window switches, convinced that the outside racket seeping in couldn't happen unless a window were down a sliver — and none was. A lot of today's small cars have backslid on noise, reintroducing the suspension thunks and tire howls of yore.

•Price. Too high. The base model is about $17,000, and that quickly seems expensive in contrast to the Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra and Kia Forte. The midlevel test Focus sedan test car, for its $20,000 price, lacked some expected features, such as backup alarm, and forced upon the buyer ugly steel wheels with tacky plastic hubcaps supposed to resemble alloy wheels.

Not in this lifetime.

And the $28,000 hatchback — while furnished with gadgets galore, including front and rear "you're getting too close" alerts as well as an excellent backup camera and leather in a breathtaking, black-and-cream — still imposed the size and noise penalties.

Also not in this lifetime.

•Drivetrain. Too coarse. The powerful, eager GDI unfortunately sounds like a tractor and shakes at idle. The manumatic transmission, though mostly laudable, shudders and stumbles on low-speed downshifts, a common flaw for the type.

In the end, Focus is a heartbreaker. Because it looks great and drives the same, it's 1 you'd love to recommend enthusiastically. Alas, no can do.

2012 FORD FOCUS

•What: Full makeover of front-drive, 4-cylinder compact; now nearly the same as the Euro-market version. Available as 4-door sedan or hatchback, with 5-speed manual transmission or 6-speed, automatically shifted manual (aka "manumatic") that Ford calls PowerShift.

•When: On sale since March.

•How much? 4-door sedan starts at $16,995 including shipping. Hatchback comes with more standard features, starts at $18,790. Midlevel sedan test car priced $20,285. High-end Titanium model hatchback tester priced $27,790.

•Where: Made at overhauled truck factory in Wayne, Mich.

•Why? A more dramatic compact to battle new Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Chevrolet Cruze, others.

•How powerful? 2-liter, direct-injection, gasoline 4-cylinder rated 160 horsepower at 6,500 rpm, 146 pounds-feet of torque at 4,450 rpm.

•How big? Similar outside to Civic, Elantra, but tighter inside due to slightly less head and legroom. Focus sedan is 178.5 inches long, 71.8 in. wide, 57.7 in. tall on a 104.3-in. wheelbase. Hatchback same except 171.6 in. long.

Sedan trunk is 13.2 cubic feet. Hatchback cargo area is 23.8 cu. ft. behind back seat, 44.8 cu. ft. when back seat's folded down. Passenger space: 90.7 cu. ft. (about 5% less than rivals). Weighs 2,907 to 2,948 lbs. Turning circle diameter 36 ft. (about 1 to 2 ft. wider than rivals').

•How thirsty? Rated 28 mpg in town, 38 highway, 31 combined (automatic), 27/37/31 (automatic with manual-shift mode), 26/36/30 (manual), 28/40/33 (optional SFE package).

Trip computer in test cars showed 21.9 mpg (4.57 gallons per 100 miles) in suburban driving with frequent bursts of wide-open throttle, 31 mpg (3.23 gal./100 mi.) in generally easy-going driving mostly on rural 2-lanes.

Burns regular, holds 12.4 gal.

•Overall: Eye-candy looks, sporty driving feel almost outweigh road noise, tight interior.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Race Director

PowerShift and its ilk are true manuals, but there's no clutch pedal. The transmission electronically engages and disengages the clutch as needed to move through the gears.
If that is really true, why don't they call it a DCT like everyone else? And I'm pretty sure all of them use hydraulics to engage/disengage the clutch not "electronically" as is mentioned.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Race Director

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...els-sunpower/1

For the environmentally conscious who think driving an electric car isn't doing enough, there'll be a chance to go solar at the same time.

Ford is announcing that it is teaming with an established solar provider, SunPower, to sell a solar energy system through Ford dealers in conjunction with the Focus electric sedan that goes on sale later this year.

How a Ford Focus Electric, a photo of which was inserted into the image, would look in the driveway of a house with solar panels on the roof.
CAPTIONBy SunPowerSolar panels, to be mounted on the car owner's house, wouldn't necessarily directly charge the electric car's batteries.

Rather, they would provide juice from the sun to the house equal to offset about 1,000 miles of driving a month in the electric Focus, a plug-in version of the new compact sedan. Electric cars are typically recharged overnight.

"In effect, you are driving a solar-powered car," says SunPower CEO Tom Werner. He says his customers are always commenting, "Wouldn't it be cool if I could power my car?"

To generate enough solar power for an electric-car offset, the system will have about 147 square feet of roof panels — about 11 panels that are 4 feet by 2 feet:

The 2.5-kilowatt system will produce about 3,000 kilowatt hours of electricity a year.

The option will be offered by Ford dealers to Focus electric buyers, but will be a pricey option: about $10,000 after federal tax credits. Best Buy's Geek Squad, with which Ford already has a deal to install home chargers, can perform the solar installation.

Ford hasn't announced the price of the 2012 Focus electric yet. It goes on sale in California and New York later this year, beginning a gradual rollout nationwide into next spring.

The solar power option could get a good reception among environmentalist buyers who have figured out that even driving a plug-in EV isn't truly green because electricity is often made by burning fossil fuels at power plants.

"To have a scenario where you know you are offsetting (the electricity) used in your car, that's pretty attractive," says Ron Cogan, publisher of the Green Car Journal.

The new partnership lets Ford burnish its "green" image with the solar angle and gives SunPower, based in San Jose, Calif., a new batch of potential customers.

"It's pretty brilliant marketing," Cogan says. Not only does it help broaden electric car appeal, "it's going to introduce a whole new crowd of people to solar power who might not have gone there otherwise."
Old 08-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Race Director

^ For the true tree hugger who doesn't want to run his electric car from a coal power plant.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

By the way, regarding the USA Today's review ... I had a Focus for a week as a rental and my car had none of the problems that they complained about short of the transmission.

The car was nicer than my Jetta (it was a SEL w/o Navi but w/Sync). I think with the 6MT the power would have been enough but I felt like there was either an issue with the drive-by-wire throttle or the programming of the gearbox itself. The reason I say that is that when I would give it the business to merge in traffic it felt like it wasn't immediately responsive.

Other than that, I thought the Focus was a very nice car. Nice enough that I would definitely consider a ST to replace my Jetta Sportwagen if I was going to get a new car.

Frankly, I feel like that reviewer was simply trying to be a contrarian and not necessarily accurately depicting the car.

Too much road noise? As compared to what? A S-Class Mercedes?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:19 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
I guess most cars nowadays have slow throttle response just to get better EPA ratings.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Race Director

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...in-frankfurt/1

Ford will introduce its high-performance Focus ST next week at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Ford calls the Focus ST the company's first "global performance car" and will sell it in 2012 around the world, including in the U.S.

The car, which will deliver 247 horsepower from a tweaked version of Ford's 2.0-liter, turbo four-cylinder EcoBoost engine, reassures enthusiast buyers Ford has not abandoned the high-performance market in its push for high-tech gadgets and higher gas mileage.Ford will introduce its high-performance Focus ST next week at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Ford calls the Focus ST the company's first "global performance car" and will sell it in 2012 around the world, including in the U.S.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Race Director

Old 09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

I'm curious as to what it'll cost here. I'm guessing $27-30k.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:44 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
By the way, regarding the USA Today's review ... I had a Focus for a week as a rental and my car had none of the problems that they complained about short of the transmission.

The car was nicer than my Jetta (it was a SEL w/o Navi but w/Sync). I think with the 6MT the power would have been enough but I felt like there was either an issue with the drive-by-wire throttle or the programming of the gearbox itself. The reason I say that is that when I would give it the business to merge in traffic it felt like it wasn't immediately responsive.

Other than that, I thought the Focus was a very nice car. Nice enough that I would definitely consider a ST to replace my Jetta Sportwagen if I was going to get a new car.

I had an SE for a week rental. I was quite surprised how much I liked it. The interior looked and felt good. The cloth seats were actually pretty comfortable and it had a good amount of room. I agree about the throttle. It never kicked in right away...even from a stop. I think it's the mostly the gearbox because when I put it in low, it seemed more responsive.

I would choose this car any day of the week over the Chrysler 300 I had as a previous rental.

After driving the Focus rental, I am VERY interested in driving the ST.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 PM

I'm curious as to what it'll cost here. I'm guessing $27-30k.

That would be nice, a loaded SEL is ~$27k. I would guess $30k+ for a loaded ST. Hope my guess is wrong though.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Ford Announces a Euro-only ST Wagon: @Autoblog
Old 09-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

And a new ST-R for US and Canadian touring car races ... Based on the hatch: @Autoblog
Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2012 Ford Focus ST

Press release...

The covers finally came off the production version of the dramatic new Focus ST five-door today at the Frankfurt Motor Show, revealing the performance car that enthusiasts around the globe are waiting for.

European customers can also choose a stylish wagon version of the Focus ST, which will launch alongside the five-door model in 2012.

The Focus ST is Ford’s first truly global performance car, building on the heritage of previous Focus ST models in Europe and evolving it to allow drivers around the world to experience and enjoy the exhilarating performance, unrivaled handling, addictive sound and muscular sports design that the ST badge represents.

With innovative design and technology throughout, the new Focus ST will be more powerful and surprisingly fuel efficient, raising the bar once again when it comes to handling too. For drivers who want refinement for everyday use but with exhilarating performance on tap, the passion, enthusiasm and expertise of Ford’s Global Performance Vehicles group shines through and makes the new Focus ST the most rewarding and obvious choice.

“The new Focus ST is a really exciting car for Ford,” said Jost Capito, director of Global Performance Vehicles. “It’s the first performance model to build upon the design and technology strengths of one of our new global production vehicles. It’s a car built for driving enthusiasts all around the world and they will not be disappointed.”

More Power and Economy

For global customers, Focus ST is powered by the 2.0-litre Ford EcoBoost engine, which offers an uncompromising mix of performance and efficiency. Ford’s lightweight, all-aluminum EcoBoost engines provide the power of a larger engine in a fuel-efficient smaller displacement, utilising three key technologies.

High pressure direct injection, low-inertia turbocharging and Twin-independent Variable Cam Timing (Ti-VCT) all help to create an advanced combustion system which brings new levels of performance and fuel efficiency to Ford’s petrol engines.

Ford’s Global Performance Vehicles group has taken this technology and developed a 250PS high-output derivative of the 2.0-litre Ford EcoBoost engine for Focus ST.

Redesigned intake and exhaust systems with unique engine calibration deliver the ideal level of power and responsiveness.

The engine has a maximum output of 250PS and strong torque levels in a broad, flat torque curve peaking at 360Nm. The responsive torque output, a trademark of Ford EcoBoost engines, is maintained despite the impressive peak figures.

Compared to the 2.5-litre, 5-cylinder engine in the previous-generation European Focus ST, the new 4-cylinder engine offers increased performance, but its smaller capacity and innovative technology also allow it to be more fuel efficient.

The EcoBoost 2.0 in the Focus ST is expected to cut both CO2 emissions and fuel consumption by more than 20 per cent from the previous-generation European model when fuel consumption data is certified.

“This is the first time we have used a 4-cylinder Ford EcoBoost engine in a high performance model and the results are phenomenal,” said Capito. “Drivers will have a lot of power and torque throughout the rev range to use. For everyday driving, though, the characteristics of this car will let them drive in a more fuel efficient way than previously, which is an essential part of the ST’s DNA.”

Mated to the 2.0-litre engine is a 6-speed manual transmission, which has specially revised gearing to produce the maximum punch from each throw of the gear shift. The Global Performance Vehicles group spent significant attention to detail to ensure the ratio of sixth gear was perfectly in tune with the Focus ST, giving the driver optimum performance while remaining long enough to help maintain excellent fuel economy on longer runs.

Unprecedented Driving Dynamics

Incredible driving dynamics are at the heart of the Focus ST. Innovation and technology combine to create a chassis capable of exceeding the expectations of even the most demanding driving enthusiast, while giving even novice motorists an unforgettable drive.

From the driver’s seat, customers will experience the newly-developed Ford Sport Steering System. This variable ratio steering rack is designed to increase the agility of the Focus ST on winding roads yet still inspire the same high-speed confidence.

The unique system makes steering less sensitive when driving in a straight line, but increases the sensitivity during cornering. Drivers can keep their hands firmly gripped on the steering wheel through tight hairpins, maximising their control over the vehicle. It also has benefits in slow-speed situations such as tight parking manoeuvres, with less input needed from the driver to direct the vehicle into the space.

The Focus ST’s Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) is also enhanced with Ford’s Torque Steer Compensation (TSC) system.

Sports Suspension

Working in harmony with the advanced driver assistance features is the finely tuned suspension setup of the new Focus ST. Uprated shock absorbers and springs lower the ST chassis by 10mm for a more aggressive stance while the centre of gravity is brought closer to the road, which aids precise cornering.

The rear suspension has been revised with a number of new parts developed specifically for the Focus ST. Key components are the uprated suspension knuckles and an all-new anti-roll bar design, both the result of the development team’s desire to give drivers an outstanding amount of feedback and control.

The rear suspension of the five-door and the wagon versions of Focus ST differ slightly. The wagon features angled shock absorbers – as in the base model – to maintain the optimum amount of capacity in the luggage compartment.

Ultimately, both Focus ST bodystyles offer the same handling characteristics that will have drivers searching out twisty roads.

Iconic Alloy Wheels

The iconic Y-shaped spoke design of the previous generation Focus ST has evolved for the new incarnation. A set of 18-inch alloy wheels carry on the recognised Focus ST style but subtle revisions bring them up-to-date for 2012.

ST customers will now have an additional ‘Performance Pack’ option which offers the wheels in black with a high contrast red finish on the performance brake calipers.

Wrapped around the alloy wheels are high performance 235/40R18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres, developed after rigorous testing on all kind of road surfaces and conditions, including the infamous Nürburgring Nordschleife in Germany.

“The same tyres will be offered on the Focus ST in every country,” said Tonn. “They are designed to extract the best performance from the car on all road conditions. They don’t compromise on performance and get the best out of the chassis and driver systems of the vehicle.”
More aggressive tuning of the TSC allows Focus ST drivers to accelerate at full throttle and yet still find grip on roads with uneven surfaces or uneven levels of grip. The TSC system detects the torque steer that those conditions can create and communicates with the EPAS software, which then counteracts the effect to virtually eliminate the sensation for the driver.

Further enhancements have also been made to the Focus ST’s Electronic Stability Programme (ESP), with emphasis put on driver enjoyment. Drivers will have three modes of ESP to choose from. These can be selected according to weather and road conditions or simply to match the driver’s desire for help from additional driving aids.

In the first instance the ESP works much the same way as the innovative system found in the base model Focus, although for the ST it is tuned to be non-intrusive to the driver. This standard mode supports the driver on all surfaces, whether dry, wet or snowy, giving them the confidence to drive safely no matter what the weather.

The driver can opt to select the second mode, called reduced or wide-slip mode, in which the traction control is turned off. Traction is handled by the driver here, while the ESP is programmed to intrude only as absolutely necessary.

Of course, the ESP system can also be switched off completely resulting in the Focus ST in its purest form, giving full control of the sublime chassis to the driver when is a position to exploit it, such as on a race track. Only the sub-features such as the Enhanced Dynamic Cornering Control (EDCC) remain active, optimising the enjoyment of the Focus ST’s abilities.

Stylish and Sporty Inside

The exhilarating drive of the new Focus ST will have customers spending as much time behind the steering wheel as possible. With that in mind, Ford’s designers have worked hard to ensure the interior of the Focus ST is a great place to be, helping the driver to feel as connected to the vehicle as possible.

The interior of the core Focus model is already designed with a “cockpit” feel, giving any Focus driver a sporty sensation. In the ST variant, though, that sporty feeling is heightened with everything the driver touches and feels reinforcing that it is unmistakably an ST.

Details range from specially designed pedals, steering wheel and gearshift to the unique Recaro seats. The darker headlining and trim on the pillars, an integral part of the ST’s design DNA, adds to the performance driving feel.

With the seats, Ford worked closely with Recaro to give ST customers the ultimate in comfort and support. The seats will not only hold the driver in place tightly during spirited driving, but will offer exclusive premium features like cushion tilt, plus length adjustment which is a unique option in this class of vehicle. A lower seating position has also been achieved to give drivers improved ergonomics and the perfect place from where to exploit the ST’s performance.

Rear seat passengers aren’t forgotten. An all-new rear bench has been developed for the ST, sculpted using special foam. This will help rear passengers feel as secure as those passengers in the front, highlighting not only the sporting intentions of Focus ST but also the practical considerations that are part of its core DNA.

New Focus ST will be offered to European customers in three distinct trim options – ST1, ST2 and ST3. This approach is already familiar to owners of the previous Focus ST in the UK.

While precise details of feature availability for each trim option will vary by market, ST1 is the standard model, offering the key features like cloth Recaro seats, keyless start, front door scuff plates with ST logo and standard ST rear bench with centre armrest.

Focus ST2 builds on this with the addition of partial leather Recaro seats and dual zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC). For right-hand drive markets, ST2 will also include unique ST floor mats, automatic headlamp control, auto-dimming rear view mirror and automatic wipers, features that are standard on left-hand drive ST1 models.

The top spec Focus ST3 increases the features with the inclusion of those exclusive heated leather Recaro seats with 8-way adjustability and pull out cushion, plus the newly developed Recaro rear bench. ST3 customers also benefit from Bi-Xenon headlamps to keep the road ahead in total clarity throughout the night.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 09-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2012 Ford Focus ST Wagon

Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 PM

Hatch looks better than the wagon
Old 09-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Race Director

Everything was fine till they added the extra guages to the top of the dash - that's a bit
Old 09-13-2011, 02:06 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Guess I'll stray here - I prefer the wagon and the gauges are a sporty touch I think. It's not like they're Pep Boys specials, they're cleanly integrated. I can't stand the tail lights on the hatch.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:22 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

I love 'em both!!!!

Those seats are to die for....too bad we will never have them.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
I love 'em both!!!!

Those seats are to die for....too bad we will never have them.
Moog, I thought I read somewhere they'll be an option on the ST.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
God I love all these hot hatches...

MS3, GTI, Focus, MiniS...... so many fun cars!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3

only if there was a way to cycle through all of them without losing money!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:46 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Moog, I thought I read somewhere they'll be an option on the ST.
Where?!?!?! We rarely get the cool Recaro seats or any cool euro seats do to SIPS in the U.S.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 PM
I drive a Subata.

Originally Posted by speedemon90
only if there was a way to cycle through all of them without losing money!
Big
Old 09-13-2011, 06:54 PM

Received 5,877 Likes on 2,896 Posts

Saw a Rabbit R at Goodspeed Performance in Scottsdale yesterday while I was having a little work done.
The following users liked this post:
JS + XES (09-13-2011)
Old 09-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I love the wagon
Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM
I drive a Subata.

what did you do on your car!!!!! curioussssss
Old 09-13-2011, 07:20 PM

what did you do on your car!!!!! curioussssss
It might have something to do with this: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=323
Old 09-13-2011, 07:37 PM
I drive a Subata.

ooooooooh sexier now?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:42 PM

ooooooooh sexier now?
Could be.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:57 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
I wonder how it will match up with the 270 hp Golf R and (expected) 290 hp Astra OPC. Interesting....it doesn't have low-kingpin-offset front suspensions.....so it will rely on the new power steering system to tame the torque steer?
Old 11-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Senior Moderator

ST-R revealed here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...2#post13345982

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford: Focus News