Ford: Capri News

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:39 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,449 Posts
Ford: Capri News

I remember a friend of mine that had one of these back in the 80's switched the letters on the emblem around to say "Crapi"

anyway... from Autoblog

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au..._in_shape.html

Old 05-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
In Europe the Capri was a totally different car in the 70s. By the late 80s early 90s the Australian Capri we got here was a crappy Miata.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
In Europe the Capri was a totally different car in the 70s. By the late 80s early 90s the Australian Capri we got here was a crapi Miata.
Fixed per is300eater.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Too bad it probably won't come state-side.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:07 PM
I shoot people

the back looks like the Volvo C30
Old 05-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like it. I wouldn't risk bringing it to the NA market right now; maybe a sedan version. If Ford was very healthy (financially) and wanted to bring this car over to fill a niche, that would be cool.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Back in a TL again.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i kind of like it
Old 05-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I shoot people

I guess side vents is the trend

but, are they functional?
Old 05-01-2008, 06:22 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by is300eater
I guess side vents is the trend

but, are they functional?
They are gills....you gotta submerge the car in water to find out.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:09 AM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by is300eater
I remember a friend of mine that had one of these back in the 80's switched the letters on the emblem around to say "Crapi"

anyway... from Autoblog

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au..._in_shape.html

That's a nice car!!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
In Europe the Capri was a totally different car in the 70s.
I don't think so.

That's my '74 Capri 2.8L V6 4MT made in West Germany - same as the European model.

Boy, that was a fun car.

While this new one is a looker it'll be a Fiesta at heart with FWD - oh well you can't have everything.

Last edited by biker; 05-03-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, the 70's capri was a nice little car... RWD, relatively light weight...

Old 03-30-2023, 06:48 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
After successfully bringing back a few iconic nameplates, like the Bronco, Ford will continue to stay on this road. The latest moniker rumored to return from the dead is the Capri, and since low-slung coupes are not as popular as they once were, it will be used on a new crossover with a sloping roofline and battery-electric power.

Mind you, the information hasn’t been officially confirmed yet, but AutoExpress got word from alleged insiders claiming that the Capri is indeed being resurrected. Set to become an important pillar in the brand’s zero-emission lineup, it is understood to share many things with the new Explorer EV. This will include the Volkswagen Group’s MEB platform for electric vehicles as part of a collaboration with the German automaker that also saw the introduction of the latest Ranger and Amarok pickups.

If it ends up using the same powertrains as the latest Explorer, then it should launch with single-motor configurations. Dual-motor variants, with the electric all-wheel drive, will be reserved for upper variants. Other highlights will include some modern-day safety gizmos, as well as the usual comfort gear such as the massaging seats, or at least a massaging driver’s seat, keyless entry, multi-zone climate control, large infotainment screen, and ambient lighting. Some of the latest tech features available on other Fords should also be on deck.

As we already told you, the rumored next-gen Capri will be a crossover coupe. This will allow it to sit alongside the new Explorer in the Blue Oval’s family without stepping on its toes, targeting those who favor style over substance. In all likelihood, the legroom for backseat occupants should be about the same, but due to the roofline that will be more arched behind the B pillars, the headroom will be affected, and so will the cargo area of the vehicle.

As far as the styling of the model that will supposedly build on the legacy of the two-door Capris made from 1969 to 1986, it is unknown to anyone who is not directly involved in its alleged development. Nonetheless, this hasn’t stopped certain pixel manipulators from trying to imagine what it will look like. Only time will tell if the CGIs shared in the gallery above, which came courtesy of the peeps at Kolesa, are a long stretch or not. But they are interesting, nonetheless.

Wrapped in a modern-looking package, the all-new Ford Capri was imagined with fresh lighting units with integrated DRLs that are a nod to those of its predecessors, a closed-off grille, and a large central air intake in the front bumper. Out back, it has double taillights on each side of the corporate logo, a charging port located on the right rear fender, and a sporty spoiler above the rear windscreen. The aero wheels are another thing worth mentioning.
Ford Reportedly Resurrecting the Capri as an Electric Crossover Coupe - autoevolution
Old 03-30-2023, 08:16 AM

Received 5,488 Likes on 3,746 Posts
Mini Mach-E?
Old 07-10-2024, 09:09 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2025-capri/

Athletic all-electric performance rewires Capri for the EV generation. Sports car acceleration, more than 620 km driving range, fast charging... and more than 570 litres of boot space.

Past meets future

The original Capri is a cult classic. The new all-electric Capri is the car the iconic sports coupe was destined to become.

Rebellious to its core

You need swagger to pull off Vivid Yellow. And who said a massaging driver's seat couldn't be standard? Or that your touchscreen couldn't slide to reveal secret storage? The new Capri tears up the rulebook.

Intelligent technologies can help keep Capri on best behaviour on the open road and in the city, from automated lane changes at the flick of a switch to watching out for cyclists as you open your doors.

A LEGEND - REWIRED
  • An EV with real heritage. Exterior styling reimagines classic Capri design cues for the electric age
  • Iconic four headlamps return with cutting-edge Dynamic Matrix LED and Glare-Free Highbeam technology, connected by an ultra-modern interpretation of the slim, coast-to-coast "grille"
  • Swooping coupe roofline flows into a sculptured rear with signature four-piece taillamps
  • Bold machined metal alloy wheels in 19-, 20- and 21-inch designs.
  • Striking colour palette featuring exclusive Vivid Yellow, with wheel arch and lower body trim finished in premium high gloss
CONNECTED COMFORT
  • Digital, minimalist and effortlessly integrated - exactly how a classic Capri driver would have expected the future to feel
  • Wrap-around cockpit merges instrument panel and doors as a single design element
  • 10-speaker B&O sound system1. with subwoofer and soundbar
  • Sculptured, tailored, sporty seats with integrated headrests
  • Luxurious, soft-touch materials
  • Ambient lighting can display 10 different colours.
  • High-spec comfort:
    • Massage driver's seat
    • Heated front seats
    • Heated steering wheel
    • Dual-zone climate control
    • Effortless get-in-and-go with keyless entry and start, and hands-free tailgate.
THE ULTIMATE GETAWAY CAR
  • Sneaking away from work? 17-litre MegaConsole between the front seats can hold a 15-inch laptop
  • My Private Locker offers securable personal storage
  • Up to 572 litres of luggage space in 5-seat mode.
  • Integrated parcel shelf and a foldable boot floor helps make the most of luggage space and keeps valuables out of sight
TEAR UP THE RULEBOOK
  • Why does an in-car touchscreen have to be fixed in place? The 14.6-inch SYNC Move. screen moves smoothly up and down whenever you want - for the most comfortable viewing angle or simply to suit your sense of style
  • SYNC Move features voice activation, connected navigation and a configurable interface with light and dark modes
  • Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility is standard.
  • A dedicated holder accepts two large smartphones and includes a wireless charger.
ON BEST BEHAVIOUR WHEN IT MATTERS MOST
  • 12 ultrasonic sensors - 5 cameras - 3 radars - 360-degree monitoring
  • Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go, Assisted Lane Change, Lane Centring, Heads-Up Display, Traffic Sign Recognition1. and Wrong Way Alert Recognition and Blind Spot Information System for confident cruising
  • Clear Exit Warning, Lane-Keeping Aid, Cross Traffic Alert with Active Braking and Pre-Collision Assist can help prevent or mitigate accidents on the open road and in the city
  • Parking? No Problem: New Capri can help you swagger into spaces with front and rear parking sensors, Reverse Brake Assist, rear-view camera and Active Park Assist.
ELECTRIFYING PERFORMANCE
  • Up to 627 km driving range on a single charge.
  • Up to 340 PS from dual motor, all-wheel drive powertrain, for 0-100 km/h acceleration in 5.3 seconds
  • 10-80 per cent charging in as little as approximately 26 minutes using 185 kW DC fast charging.
  • Access to more than 600,000 BlueOval Charge Network charge points across Europe.

Old 07-10-2024, 09:10 AM

Very Polestar 2 in proportion