Ford: Bronco News

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 02:30 PM

Received 5,547 Likes on 3,784 Posts
2 door Wranglers are pretty rare around here (and I've yet to see a 2 door Bronco on the road), and a quick check of the Jeep B&P, the JL Rubicon is the only higher trim Wrangler available in 2 door form.
IIRC, only the 1G F150 Raptor was available in ext cab form, the rest afterward were crew cab only.
Not a surprising decision, IMO.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:46 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,155 Likes on 4,037 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
No thanks on those flares. Cant believe it made it's way into production.

Although, definitely looking to the parts counter to try to snag the Raptor front bumper and bash plate. I went with the standard bumper on my Bronco, holding out for something worthwhile. This seems to fit the bill. The silver bash plate would look amazing with sasquatch silver beauty rings, and it has two sets of fogs from the factory that could make good use of the aux switch panel.
Flares are required by law to cover the entire tire so they have to be there.

I don't think they'll sell you Raptor parts without a matching VIN, or at least that's what I've heard from people trying to get Raptor parts for their F150. Isn't that bumper basically the same as the normal metal one except with a silver skid plate? Seems like they're more or less the same thing. Either way, even if they let you buy the parts, you could probably get aftermarket front skids for way cheaper that perform better.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:12 PM

to both
Wouldn't be surprised to see VIN required for purchase, at least for a few years or until the next-gen comes out.

Old 01-25-2022, 02:08 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Well over $70k for sure.
Looking locally:
There's 35 F150 Raptors within 75 miles of me. Only 1 has MSRP & Price listed. $5k markup
Bronco 4 Doors seem to average around $10-15k markup. Guessing the Raptor to get more like a $20k.
Who knows, I can wait it out or willing to travel to someone who's willing to sell at MSRP.

Wonder if I should cancel my Rivian order and go with this...
Old 01-25-2022, 02:39 PM

I'd almost bet that the first batch of BRaptors will get hefty markups. There might be a few dealers that'll play ball at MSRP, but highly doubtful to get one under MSRP.
I'm guessing the first few sell for near or over $100k.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:21 PM
Ex-OEM King

I'd almost bet that the first batch of BRaptors will get hefty markups. There might be a few dealers that'll play ball at MSRP, but highly doubtful to get one under MSRP.
I'm guessing the first few sell for near or over $100k.
This thing is so huge that I question if it'll even fit in my garage.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:51 PM

I actually thought about that this morning as my wife was leaving for work.
We have 3 single bay doors & the Flex mirrors just barely clear. We've actually smashed both of them in the past
I got my F150 in, but had to fold the mirrors first.
Old 01-27-2022, 02:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
The ultimate width mirror to mirror on the Bronco Raptor is reasonable, since it's the same body as base model. It's the outer tire to tire that is really wide. I think my sasquatch tire to tire is 79.3". The "Braptor" has 4-5" over the sasquatch. I am pretty sure that the F150 was designed to be 79.9" wide exlcuding mirror to stay under the 80" oversized limit. But the F150 also has body work overlapping the tire, so tire to tire-to-tire is probably 78-79"". The braper tire-to-tire is 6" over a stock F150. But needless to say, with the mirrors folded on the F150 that probably puts you at maybe 87" or so, which is an inch or two wider than a Braptor widest point, so it should fit. Keep in mind you need to manually tuck in the mirrors on the Bronco, although I am assuming the Braptor flares extend beyond the mirrors, so you wouldnt have to fold them if you have ~87" of usable clearance currently.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:22 PM
Safety Car

Edit - i was off - the mirrors folded actually only adds a few inches on the F150. Specs say 83.7" with the mirrors folded on the F150....i looked up the braptor too, the track is 73.2" and the tires are 12.5", so 85.70". If its like the sasquatch, the flares are exactly inline with the face of the tire with zero overlap. so it's exactly two inches wider than an F150 with the mirrors folded. And obviously its much more difficult to eyeball the flares/tires from hitting a garage door frame than a folded mirror.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:25 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Ford's Bronco lineup is expanding yet again. The 2022 Bronco Everglades is the final version of the winch-and-snorkel-equipped prototype we saw running around in camouflage last year. While the final product may not be as spectacular as the also-new Bronco Raptor, it's a pretty neat bit of kit. And like the Raptor, existing Bronco reservation holders will be the first to get a crack at it.

The Everglades package is a far less comprehensive upgrade to the Bronco than Raptor is, for better or for worse. Fundamentally, you're getting an air intake snorkel along with a custom front bumper and a winch to mount to it. The rest is largely cosmetic, but the unique grille and fender graphics are the only purely visual upgrades. The Everglades' safari bar, rock rails and bash plates all provide some degree of off-road protection, at least, even if they don't convey any outright performance benefits. And lest we forget, Everglades also includes Sasquatch.

Besides, the big items we mentioned above are actually pretty impressive. Along with enabling a higher water fording depth (36.4 inches, up from 33.5"), it features a reversible intake. The panels on the front and back of the snorkel's upper section can be reversed, meaning the air inlet can be positioned to face either forward or rearward. The former will work just fine for normal conditions, but the rearward setup is ideal if you expect to pull a lot of dust or other particulates into the air intake. A snorkel on the roof may seem like it should allow for more than an additional three inches of water fording, but the fact of the matter is that the air intake position is only part of the equation. Both axles, the transfer case and the transmission were also modified with raised vents.

The 10,000-pound winch isn't quite as clever, but the way it's mounted is. Ford engineered the winch receiver into a bumper designed to work harmoniously with the Bronco's various computer-assisted safety systems, meaning it will not interfere with any forward-facing sensors and the bumper and crash structure should still perform up to factory standards in the event of a frontal collision.

Everglades will be based on the 2.3-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder making 300 horsepower; Ford's release made no mention of being able to option a V6. It should go on sale this summer but existing Bronco reservation holders can place their orders beginning in March. Pricing will start at $54,195 (including $1,495 for destination).
2022 Ford Bronco Everglades packs a factory snorkel and winch (autoblog.com)
Old 02-10-2022, 08:49 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2022...lades_edition/

For off-roaders looking to go further off the grid, Ford debuted the new 2022 Ford Bronco® Everglades™ special edition - an SUV born to breathe when the air gets thick and designed to press on when the trail turns others around.

For decades, Bronco SUVs have traversed remote locations with G.O.A.T. - Goes Over Any Type of Terrain - mentality. Bronco Everglades, available as a four-door model, takes that spirit to the next level with confidence-building, factory-installed features such as a snorkel, integrated front bumper-mounted winch, and all the off-road equipment in the Bronco Sasquatch™ Package.

"Bronco customers like to explore new places, but some want to go even further off the trail than others," said Jolanta Coffey, Bronco chief engineer. "Everglades is specially equipped to enable these customers to tackle even more challenging terrains and trails - and with the front bumper-mounted winch, they can help others out of trouble while they're at it."

Bronco Everglades packed with rugged off-road hardware

Ford Bronco Everglades introduces a class-exclusive signature snorkel. Designed and engineered by Ford, the snorkel - which runs up the passenger-side A-pillar - optimizes vehicle performance in dust, snow and water by raising the engine air intake above nasty trail conditions. Its design uses two easy-to-swap plates to change the direction of the inlet based on trail and weather conditions.

"Bronco enthusiasts demand style as well as performance, so we challenged ourselves to create a snorkel with high-end function and a look that really suits the vehicle," said Ryan Olsson, design manager. "What really sets the Everglades snorkel apart is the head and reversible intake. It completely changes the way a snorkel can look and function."

Front and rear axles, transfer case and transmission also offer raised vents for improved water fording. Combined, these design changes lead to water fording capability of 36.4 inches.

For situations when Bronco Everglades or another vehicle needs extra traction beyond what the tires and engine can provide, a heavy-duty modular front bumper by Ford Performance with ZEON 10-S WARN® winch - featuring 10,000-pound capability and a 100-foot synthetic line - is ready to help. Everglades also comes standard with a protective safari bar, rock rails and the same steel bash plates found on Black Diamond™ and Badlands™ Bronco models. A unique Carbonized Gray grille with gloss black Bronco lettering enhances its functional appearance.

The Sasquatch Package features 17-inch Carbonized Gray-painted alloy wheels with 35-inch Goodyear mud-terrain tires. Additional exterior appointments include rock rails to protect the lower sills, plus a molded-in-color hardtop and roof rack with crossbars.

Squared wheel arches for a unique Bronco look

The Bronco design team took advantage of the SUV's patented off-road modular design in creating the Everglades edition, further underscoring how this user-friendly platform can be stripped to its base structure and reconfigured for another new adventure with a different body setup. The vehicle features unique squared front and rear wheel arches with matching Sasquatch-width fender flares.

Unique graphics with Everglades topography deliver style on the front quarter fenders, cleverly paying homage to the tropical wetlands that inspire the vehicle's name.

Ford Bronco Everglades is easy to clean after a weekend on the trails with standard marine-grade vinyl seats and rubberized washout flooring. New Urban Green accents provide a subtle color touch on grab handles, air register vents and seat stitching.

In addition to mid-package content, Bronco Everglades features a class-exclusive 12-inch SYNC® 4 system with Ford Power-Up over-the-air software updates - a unique combination based on customer feedback. Its 2.3-liter EcoBoost® delivers 300 horsepower and 325 lb.-ft. of torque, the most torque from a four-cylinder gas engine in its class, and is paired to a class-exclusive SelectShift® 10-speed automatic transmission with advanced 4x4 system and a maximum 67.8:1 crawl ratio.

The new 2022 Bronco Everglades is available in five exterior colors, including Everglades-exclusive low-volume Desert Sand, plus Eruption Green, Area 51, Shadow Black and Cactus Gray.

Bronco Everglades will join the Bronco lineup of Built Wild™ 4x4 SUVs in summer 2022. Ordering begins in March 2022, exclusively for existing Bronco reservation holders. Pricing will start at $53,000 plus $1,495 destination and delivery charges.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:34 AM
Race Director

Bronco fever hasn't abated; buyers are still clamoring for the world's most recent hardcore off-roader. We'd normally consider this a good problem for Ford to have, but these aren't normal times and the Bronco isn't a normal vehicle. Two years of industry disruptions have dropped continuous bombs on delivery times, on top of Bronco-specific ailments like the defective tops that led to huge backups last summer — and all this for a rig that some buyers first signed up to buy in 2020. Automotive News reports that the chip shortage is biting especially hard into Bronco deliveries at the moment, with trucks stacking up in a lot outside the Michigan Assembly Plant that online watchers dubbed "Dirt Mountain," the coming of a snowy Michigan winter changing the name to "Ice Mountain."

Both Ford Motor Company and Ford dealers admit this is about the lack of chips. The automaker's dealer council head believes the current process is the most efficient, with Ford continuing Bronco production and waiting on chips before delivery. Ford isn't the only automaker doing this so-called "build-shy strategy," and we saw the same thing a year ago when pickups were in the spotlight, F-150s hoarded in parking lots across the country while Ford waited for those infernal shards of silicon. Buyers seem to appreciate the difficulties of keeping product flowing in the current climate. What they haven't appreciated is Ford's lack of communication during the process. Ford CEO Jim Farley told Bloomberg last week in relation to another issue, "All we can do at this point is scale as fast as we can and break the constraints and communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic." This isn't what's happening, supposedly. One Bronco buyer who spoke to AN said, "I do think they could be communicating better," another said he hadn't got "any transparency on Ford's end," a third described Ford's forthrightness as "nonexistent."

That other issue, the one covered by Bloomberg, is Ford allocations. The allocation formula is exacerbating the anger some Bronco reservation holders already feel about the lack of communication. Dealers and reservation holders thought Bronco orders would be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis. Instead, Ford decided 50% of production would be for reservation holders, 25% would factor in dealer location, the final 25% would consider a dealer's historic sales figures. That weighted half the formula in favor of dealers in large markets. Then Ford changed the calculus to factor in Bronco Sport sales as well. Then Ford lowered the threshold for the percentage of Broncos a dealer needed provide to reservation holders out of the allocation, the result being that "four out of 10 new Broncos can go to a walk-in customer or the highest bidder." Some shoppers who reserved Broncos in 2020 still don't have their trucks, yet they're reading stories about people who ordered Broncos recently getting their trucks delivered, or people buying Broncos off the dealer lot. As an aside to all of this, when buyers turn cynical about Ford going after dealers for markups on the battery-electric F-150 Lightning, this is partly why.

In an e-mailed statement to AutoNews, Ford said a "few thousand" trucks have been held back, and "our teams have been working on how to maximize production, with a continued commitment to building every high-demand vehicle for our customers with the quality they expect. Our goal is to have all updated in the next 90 days, pending chip availability."

As for the trucks waiting on Ice Mountain, their buyers likely feel the same as the buyer who told AN, "I'm of the mindset that if my vehicle is going to get trashed by the elements, I'd like to be the one doing it."
Ford Broncos piling up again in a Michigan holding lot (autoblog.com)
Old 02-21-2022, 08:56 AM

I'm seeing more & more big Broncos on the road around here.
Not as many as the B Sport, but they're definitely increasing.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:59 AM
Ex-OEM King

Same here. Neighbors who ordered one had a demo unit a little while ago and I got to see the inside up close. It's WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY nicer than the inside of my Jeep and a much better place to be as far as daily or long distance driving goes.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:33 AM
Safety Car

Yes, they are starting to pop up more often here too. and i dont like it lol.

Although, I will pullover if a see a cool spec'ed bronco parked on a side street and do a quick side by side shot. Others have done the same to me - I've seen my Bronco photographed twice on the forum by a random Bronco owner that pulled up to me while I was parked - to like compare his non-sasquatch trim to mine, etc.

There is still a thumbs up, or flashing of lights when you pass by one. Although, the female Bronco owners dont really seem to participate, maybe because they are driving their husbands Bronco, IDK. Anyway, it still feels special, and that will probably wane as this becomes the 'next wrangler' and on every other corner.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:53 AM

Was behind what I believe was a Cactus Gray Bronco with a hardtop. Looked pretty good.
Coincidentally, a silver JKU pulled up next to it. Really illustrates how much bigger the Bronco is than the Jeep.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:09 AM
Safety Car

It may have been sasquatched with 35s and 1" lift....or a non sasquatched badlands with 33s and .7" lift....Otherwise, a regular bronco is pretty comparable to a jeep

The sasquatched ride height / window line seem exactly at F150 level, but with a taller hood (since the boxy front design and bulging trail sights). So slightly more menacing head to head than an F150, but the same ride height as an F150. Whenever I pull up to, or slowly pass by F150s, we are elbow to elbow. The first reaction is a surprised "what are you doing up here with me?" and the second reaction is a look down to my tires.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:12 AM

Yeah, I didn't get close enough to see the trim level. I think it was on 33s, definitely a beefy tire on it.
The JKU was a fairly stock looking Sport, or similar. definitely wasn't a Rubi.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:29 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
It may have been sasquatched with 35s and 1" lift....or a non sasquatched badlands with 33s and .7" lift....Otherwise, a regular bronco is pretty comparable to a jeep

The sasquatched ride height / window line seem exactly at F150 level, but with a taller hood (since the boxy front design and bulging trail sights). So slightly more menacing head to head than an F150, but the same ride height as an F150. Whenever I pull up to, or slowly pass by F150s, we are elbow to elbow. The first reaction is a surprised "what are you doing up here with me?" and the second reaction is a look down to my tires.
Tires and suspension aside, the Bronco is bigger than the Jeep, especially so in width. It looks enormous compared to a Wrangler.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:22 AM

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-first-f...-than-expected

Let's face it. The Ford Bronco Raptor is a pretty special truck. It's like a Lamborghini for the off-roader in your life. Loud, meant to be seen in, and capable of stunning feats for athleticism. So when we heard that the first-ever Bronco Raptor was hitting the auction block at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach, we knew it was going to bring money. After all, BJ has a history of auctioning off first production versions of cars for seven figures on a regular basis.

In fact, we said, "someone was going to pay obscene money" for it. Well, someone has. To the tune of $350,000. Now that's neat and all, and we're very jealous of the new owner, but that's all rather irrelevant. The story here is that Ford didn't make a dollar on the sale of this, despite it fetching five times its base MSRP.

All fees were waived by Barrett-Jackson and Ford, and every last cent of the proceeds from the sale went to two incredibly important charities: Outward Bound and the National Forest Foundation. As global temperature averages continue to rise, preserving our forests is incredibly important. Both charities exist to educate the general populous about the importance of said outdoor spaces.

Given the outdoorsy nature of the Bronco Raptor, the two charities were an obvious choice for Ford. What better way to promote your off-road dune-crusher than by reminding its buyers of the importance of preserving their surroundings while enjoying their super-SUV off-road? It's certainly the right thing to do given the Bronco's size. It is, after all, a 5,733-lb, six-foot-tall, seven-foot-wide monster. The Bronco Raptor is the kind of machine that'll do some damage to its environment if not used responsibly.

Like its slightly larger Ford F-150 Raptor brother, the Bronco Raptor benefits from a host of changes to make it more capable. It gets a larger, 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 making 400+ horsepower (exact outputs haven't yet been confirmed), upgraded Fox shocks, a wider track, and all manner of trick differentials. And that's just the headline specs. The owner has certainly got something special on their hands.

The final spec of VIN 001 is yet to be confirmed, as the new owner will be choosing that in due course. The display model used at the auction was one of the pre-production promo units dressed in Code Orange paint with the optional graphics package.

Now let's just hope the rest of them aren't changing hands for as much as this when they hit the used market.
​​​​​​​
Old 08-11-2022, 10:21 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2023...itage_edition/

Bronco® brand is taking trail riders to their off-road roots with the introduction of the 2023 Bronco and Bronco Sport™ Heritage and Heritage Limited editions.

The special-edition models will be available across the Bronco family lineup, including Bronco two-door, Bronco four-door and Bronco Sport SUVs. Ford will build just 1,966 units of each Heritage Limited Edition model to commemorate the year the original Bronco debuted.

"Bronco captivated America in the mid-'60s with its rugged style and uncompromising off-road agility, a legacy that is still prevalent today," said Mark Grueber, Bronco marketing manager. "With these new Heritage and Heritage Limited editions, we're paying respect to Bronco's roots with nods to some of the signature design cues from the first-generation vehicle, while continuing to build the Bronco Brand with more special editions that our customers want."

The 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage and Heritage Limited edition models are available to order for all customers now. Bronco two- and four-door models will go on sale in late 2022, with initial orders prioritized for current Bronco order holders awaiting their vehicle. Orders will open to all customers in 2023, regardless of current reservation status.

1960s Bronco styling meets modern capability

Bronco two- and four-door Heritage models are highlighted by a two-tone paint job that includes signature Oxford White accents including the modular hardtop roof. A unique Oxford White grille features Race Red "FORD" lettering, while 17-inch aluminum heritage wheels painted in Oxford White and a bodyside stripe dial up the throwback looks.

The 1960s era-inspired squared fenders with Sasquatch-width fender flares provide a visual callback and cover the nearly two-inch wider track. A powder-coated steel capable front bumper with built-in recovery points and integrated fog lamps is standard.

Heritage Limited models add gloss black-painted 17-inch heritage wheels with classic "dog dish" centers, plus an Oxford White-painted lip for more retro flare.

Inside, Bronco Heritage Edition units feature plaid cloth seats and exclusive touches such as an Oxford White instrument panel, center console badging and exclusive front and rear floor liners.

Heritage Edition models come standard with Big Bend® series equipment and features, including a 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine with 7-speed manual or available 10-speed SelectShift™ automatic transmission. The engine delivers up to 300 horsepower and 325 lb.-ft. torque. The Sasquatch® Package with a High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension (H.O.S.S.) 2.0 system with long-travel Bilstein® position-sensitive dampers with end-stop control valves and increased ride height is standard, as are 35-inch Goodyear® mud-terrain tires and Dana™ front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio.

Bronco Heritage Edition is available in five paint options, while Bronco Heritage Limited Edition is exclusively available at launch in Robin's Egg Blue, which is a throwback color based on Arcadian Blue, available on the original Bronco in 1966. The color Yellowstone Metallic, which is based on the 1971 Ford color Prairie Yellow, is planned for late 2023 model year availability. Peak Blue is planned for the 2024 model year.

Heritage Limited Edition models offer the increased capability of Badlands™ series equipment and features, including a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 engine with up to 330 horsepower and 415 lb.-ft. torque mated to the 10-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. They are also differentiated with features that include metal "Bronco" script fender badging, leather-trimmed/vinyl plaid seats with white and Race Red accent stitching and unique Heritage Limited console badging.

Bronco Sport wears the brand legacy proudly

Though not part of the Bronco family in the 1960s, Bronco Sport gives customers a chance to enjoy the brand's heritage with exclusive Heritage and Heritage Limited Edition styling.

"Bronco Sport has been a hit with compact SUV customers since it arrived two years ago, but it is just as important that we give our customers special editions similar to what we have done with the two- and four-door Bronco," Grueber said. "These Heritage Editions are every bit as important to Sport as they are for the rest of the Bronco Brand and we think the iconic themes from the '60's work perfectly on this vehicle."

All models feature signature Oxford White accents including a uniquely painted roof to mimic the original Bronco style. A unique Oxford White heritage grille features Race Red "BRONCO" lettering, while Oxford White 17-inch aluminum heritage wheels and bodyside stripes heighten the throwback appearance.

Both versions include interior touches such as plaid cloth seats and a Navy Pier instrument panel with Oxford White accenting the bin and door ring. Cloth seats feature heathered Navy Pier with plaid inserts and Race Red and Robin's Egg Blue accent stitching. A unique Navy Pier microsuede center console and armrests include Race Red stitching. The Bronco Sport MOLLE strap storage system on the front-row seatbacks includes Navy Pier straps and Race Red zipper grips. The Navy Pier color was inspired by the cloth seats that were available in Bronco in the 1980's.

Like the full-size Bronco SUVs, the 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition is built on the Big Bend series, with the proven 1.5-liter EcoBoost engine that puts out 181 horsepower and 190 lb.-ft. of torque.

The vehicles feature a H.O.S.S. system with increased ride height, uniquely tuned front struts with hydraulic rebound stops designed to provide a quiet, less jarring off-road experience. In addition, 46-millimeter-diameter monotube rear shocks, antiroll bars and uniquely tuned springs help provide off-road comfort.

The Terrain Management System™ offers five G.O.A.T. Modes™ because Bronco "Goes Over Any Type of Terrain" and in various conditions. Standard modes include Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery and Sand.

Bronco Sport Heritage Edition is available in seven paint options including Robin's Egg Blue, while Heritage Limited Edition is exclusively available in Robin's Egg Blue, Yellowstone Metallic and Peak Blue.

Heritage Limited Edition models add metal "Bronco" script front fender badging and larger 29-inch all-terrain off-road tires with more aggressive, deeper treads that stretch on to the sidewalls for improved off-road traction. Heritage Limited Edition models also upgrade to leather-trimmed seats and include Oxford White door inserts and unique center console badging.

They are powered by increased performance and off-road capability of the Badlands series, including the more powerful 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine with up to 250 horsepower and 277 lb.-ft. of torque for high-speed off-road performance.

An advanced 4x4 system with a twin-clutch rear-drive unit with a differential lock can divert virtually all rear axle torque to either wheel, and the G.O.A.T. Modes system increases to seven modes, adding Mud/Ruts and Rock Crawl.

Bronco Sport Heritage Edition MSRP will start at $34,245 and the Heritage Limited starts at $44,655. Bronco Heritage will start at $44,305 and Heritage Limited will be priced at $66,895.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:22 AM

Old 08-11-2022, 10:22 AM

Old 10-03-2022, 02:56 PM

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/10/03/...libration-kit/

Ford Performance announced a tune for the four-cylinder-powered Bronco that unlocks more power and reportedly improves drivability. Only compatible with premium gasoline, the Performance Calibration kit was developed in-house, so it doesn't void the factory warranty.

Stock, the Bronco's turbocharged, 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine develops 300 horsepower and 325 pound-feet of torque when it's burning 93-octane gasoline. Ford's tune increases those figures to 330 and 385, respectively. For context, the 2.7-liter twin-turbocharged V6 develops up to 330 horsepower and 415 pound-feet of torque. Ford notes the tune also improves throttle response throughout the rev range.

Beyond the engine, the tune also has an effect on the transmission. It optimizes the shift schedule in Bronco models equipped with the 10-speed automatic, and it adds a rev-matching function that kicks in when downshifting to SUVs fitted with the seven-speed manual. Owners who buy the tune can fit 37×12.5R17 BFGoodrich KO2 tires (the same ones installed on the Bronco Raptor) and an axle ratio of up to 4.70.

On sale now, the Performance Calibration kit costs $825 excluding installation, and it's covered by a three-year, 36,000-mile warranty plan that starts on the vehicle's in-service date. There's a catch: The kit hasn't been approved by regulators in California for 2022 Bronco models, so Golden State residents will need to find a 2021 truck or settle for the EcoBoost's stock output. It's street-legal in the rest of the nation.
Old 11-10-2022, 04:35 PM

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/11/an...ced-at-154005/

Markups on desirable cars, trucks, and SUVs aren’t new but recently we’ve seen some seriously egregious examples. Today, that comes in the form of a Ford Bronco Raptor that’s priced at $154,005 despite having an MSRP of just $79,005. What’s worse is that the dealer is blatantly defying Ford Motor Co.’s wishes by adding huge markups to many of the vehicles on its lot and we have the receipts to prove it.

We’ve covered Ford dealership markups in the past and to its credit, Ford itself has responded by trying to fix those issues. The carmaker had those dealers either adjust them back to MSRP or remove vehicles that weren’t actually on sale.

The dealership in question is Encinitas Ford in California. It first caught our attention thanks to a post on Reddit by user XSE_Fan. They titled their post “Life’s not fair!” and simply showed a photograph of the Bronco in question with its VIN, stock number, MSRP, and dealer markup with a grand total of $154,005.

In the past when we’ve exposed dealers that make a bad name for the manufacturer they represent, many of them have responded by saying that the vehicle in question had a typo or that it wasn’t meant to be online since it was really just a demo vehicle. That’s unlikely to fly here because Encinitas Ford hasn’t just marked up this Bronco Raptor, it’s marked up more than a dozen more vehicles by $15,000 or more.

For starters, it has another Bronco Raptor with a 75 percent markup. It has two different F-150 Lightning trucks, each with its own $15,000 markup. Another has a $20,000 markup. A fourth Lightning sports a $25,000 markup and a 2022 F-150 Raptor is priced at $99,250 after a $20,000 markup. These aren’t just isolated incidents of super high-end vehicles. Encinitas Ford has an E-Series Cutaway van with a $22,659 markup.

Clearly, the dealer doesn’t care what Ford itself suggests is a fair price on these vehicles and it has no bones about defying clear direction from the manufacturer. Back in February, CEO Jim Farley said: “We have very good knowledge of who they are, and their future allocation of product will be directly impacted,” when asked about dealers that charge over MSRP.

Encinitas Ford may simply have flown under the radar until now. According to its website, it has more Lightning trucks en route. Hopefully, Ford will step in and correct these greedy practices. It’s in the brand’s best interest as customers are less likely to return to a dealer that charges over MSRP. If that’s not brand damaging, we don’t know what is. We’ve included screenshots as well as some of the actual window stickers of the vehicles in question below.

Old 08-17-2023, 04:36 AM
Race Director

Ford has made a few adjustments to the Bronco lineup for the 2024 model year, quietly announcing the demise of the Base trim level. The new entry-level grade is the Big Bend, and this move has made the potent off-roader more expensive.
10 photos

Previously available from $34,890, the 2024 Ford Bronco can now be ordered from $39,130. The new entry-level variant is the Big Bend, which used to slot between the Base and the Black Diamond on the 2023 series. This move will allow the Blue Oval to cut down the production time while also aligning it with customer needs, according to a spokesperson cited by TheDrive.

Getting the new entry-level version means trading the 16-inch steel wheels for the 17-inch set, wrapped in all-terrain tires measuring 32 inches in diameter. The most affordable Bronco also gets standard LED fog lamps. It also gets a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and a larger infotainment screen on the inside, with a 12-inch diagonal, which replaces the old 8-inch unit, improving the truck's tech appeal.

But what about the rest of the range? Well, the Black Diamond now starts at $42,630, up from $41,500, whereas the Outer Banks is now $1,590 pricier at $47,940 (MSRP). The Badlands, Heritage, and Wildtrak versions start at $49,395, $47,855, and $60,025, respectively, up from $48,145, $47,105, and $58,775, respectively. The Everglades has returned for the 2024 model year, carrying an MSRP of $55,520, and the Heritage Limited Edition has gone up from $69,445 to $69,685.

Ford's US official website reveals that for the 2024 Bronco Raptor, aka the top-of-the-line grade of the series, interested parties will have to spend at least $89,835 before destination. This makes it $3,255 more expensive than the 2023 model. The 3.0-liter EcoBoost V6 with twin-turbocharging carries over without any upgrades, making 418 hp (424 ps/312 kW) and 440 lb-ft (597 Nm) of torque. The range-topping member of the 2024 Bronco family takes over six seconds to sprint from 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 kph), though unofficial testing has revealed that it is a bit quicker, with the acceleration time dropping to under six seconds.

What else is new on the 2024 Ford Bronco? The Velocity Blue and Shelter Green Metallic exterior paint finishes available on the Bronco Raptor. The Code Orange Package is part of the novelties, bringing some orange accents to the Raptor inspired by the world of motorsport. The Dearborn automaker's website also reveals that the Heavy Duty Modular Front Bumper is standard on the Badlands trim level. And if you haven’t figured it out, the 8-inch infotainment system is completely gone from the lineup, as all versions get the larger display as standard. So, has the Bronco become more appealing with the added gear that makes it pricier, or would you shop for a 2023 model instead?
Ford Bronco Drops Entry-Level Trim for 2024, New Base Grade Is $4,240 Pricier - autoevolution
Old 04-09-2024, 10:54 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2025...rance_package/

Under dramatically darkened skies, and in front of owners at the Bronco Off-Roadeo Texas, Ford introduced the 2024 Bronco Raptor Black Appearance Package. A mix of Shadow and Matte black exterior features, the new option package gives the Bronco Raptor's go-over-any-terrain capability a sinister new look.

The Black Appearance Package comes with a striking Shadow Black painted roof complemented by matching mirror caps, a painted roll bar, and fender flares, all in the same shade, to create striking contrasts with the Raptor's bold paint catalog. Bronco Raptor also comes with a Matte Black steel bumper, skid plate, and tow hooks.

The Shadow Black painted roll bar is reminiscent of the contrasting roll bar on the sixth-generation concept Bronco SUVs and the painted skid plate comes in response to current Bronco Raptor customers who have painted the skid plates themselves.

Unique Raptor body-side and hood decals round out the package's $4,995 MSRP, which customers can order at the end of April 2024.

"Customers choose Bronco Raptor for two reasons: its high-performance off-road capability and its distinctive appearance," said Bronco Brand Manager Jason Hyde. "The Black Appearance gives them a look that stands out on any trail and under any sky, even a total solar eclipse."

Current Bronco customers got the first look at the Bronco Raptor's new Black Appearance Package during an owner-exclusive event at Bronco Off-Roadeo in Austin, Texas, at an appropriately dark time: under the backdrop of the April 8, 2024 total solar eclipse.

Old 04-09-2024, 03:43 PM
Ex-OEM King

I'm now starting to see Braptors being offered for less than MSRP which is cool to see.

Still way more money than I'd pay for something like this but can't deny it's cool AF.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:46 PM

I think I'd be hard pressed to choose the Bronco over a JLU
Would need to get some seat time in both
Old 04-09-2024, 03:55 PM
Ex-OEM King

I think I'd be hard pressed to choose the Bronco over a JLU
Would need to get some seat time in both
If, based on what you've said in the past, aren't going to off road it then DEFINITELY get a Bronco over a JLU. It drives SO much better on road than a Wrangler.
The following users liked this post:
00TL-P3.2 (04-09-2024)