Ford: Bronco News

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 02:42 PM

Received 5,547 Likes on 3,784 Posts
https://www.motor1.com/news/500244/1...-broco-stores/

Apart from the best-selling Ford F-150, one of the most important and most popular Blue Oval nameplate these days is the Ford Bronco. So much so that reservations for the First Edition of Bucking Horse ran out within hours when the car was launched last year.

If you think Ford dealers will bank on the popularity of the returning nameplate, you'd be right. In fact, some dealers are already planning to add a dedicated showroom for the Bronco, the Bronco Sport, and future additions to the Bronco family, Automotive News reports.

The idea of a dedicated Bronco showroom wasn't from Dearborn, though. It originated from the dealers and with their request, Ford created renderings for the standalone stores (see gallery above). The automaker is also rewarding those dealers that will open their Bronco showrooms by slightly increasing their Bronco allocations, according to Automotive News.

With that, Ford is expecting 100 dealers to build their respective Bronco showrooms – either connected to the original Ford showroom or near the vicinity. Of course, these standalone stores are to be branded with the Bucking Horse logo.

The demand for both the Bronco and the Bronco Sport has been really remarkable. Despite not arriving in the showrooms yet, Ford said that Bronco reservations are converting to sales at over 65 percent. The Bronco Sport, on the other hand, has already sold 23,356 units during the first quarter of 2021 alone.

Then again, we sure do hope Ford keeps up with the demand for the Bronco and Bronco Sport, considering the global chip supply crisis that pushed the automaker to cancel its traditional production holiday during summer.

Ford Bronco deliveries are slated to happen by June, so expect the full-fledged off-roading SUV to hit the roads in a few months.

Old 04-22-2021, 02:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Ford is starting to give out VINs/build dates for those with reservations on big broncos. NOT the bronco sport. I have a Day 1 reservation from 7/13/20. I still did not get called on today. Hopefully next week. Looks like a July build/August delivery.

The COVID delays have been crazy. Potential delays include: The 2 door (IN GENERAL), 2.7L engine, hardtop, lux (tech) package, sasquatch package, hard top.

It seems like a lot of guys that piled on to group buys got screwed, since Day 1 holders on the Bronco forum all got together with their early time stamps, knocking themselves off the allocation list for 2021, and will get pushed to 2022. Thankfully, I avoided that. But it looks like of the 190k reservations, only 60k will be built in 2021 CY (for those that reserved in the first week or so), then the balance getting filled in 2022, and dealers selling non-reservation inventory in late 2022 into 2023.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:04 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
Ford is starting to give out VINs/build dates for those with reservations on big broncos. NOT the bronco sport. I have a Day 1 reservation from 7/13/20. I still did not get called on today. Hopefully next week. Looks like a July build/August delivery.

The COVID delays have been crazy. Potential delays include: The 2 door (IN GENERAL), 2.7L engine, hardtop, lux (tech) package, sasquatch package, hard top.

It seems like a lot of guys that piled on to group buys got screwed, since Day 1 holders on the Bronco forum all got together with their early time stamps, knocking themselves off the allocation list for 2021, and will get pushed to 2022. Thankfully, I avoided that. But it looks like of the 190k reservations, only 60k will be built in 2021 CY (for those that reserved in the first week or so), then the balance getting filled in 2022, and dealers selling non-reservation inventory in late 2022 into 2023.
Will the dealerships be doing markups on top of the announced price?
Old 04-22-2021, 05:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,440 Likes on 1,887 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
Will the dealerships be doing markups on top of the announced price?
From what I've been seeing on bronco6g, almost no dealerships are doing markups, some are offering invoice pricing, and almost every one is honoring the X-Plan pricing.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Group buy for cars? and at MSRP

Damn...
Old 04-23-2021, 08:35 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,155 Likes on 4,037 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
From what I've been seeing on bronco6g, almost no dealerships are doing markups, some are offering invoice pricing, and almost every one is honoring the X-Plan pricing.
Really? So they're marking up the Mach-E but not the wildly more popular and in demand Bronco?
Old 04-23-2021, 11:51 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Really? So they're marking up the Mach-E but not the wildly more popular and in demand Bronco?
I'm sure some dealerships are marking up, but plenty of them are MSRP or lower: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threa...ter-list.2010/

In fact, my local dealership is doing $500 over invoice: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threa...g-policy.7112/

And another dealership in Iowa was doing $2000 under invoice (now it's $1000 under invoice): https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threa...ger-ford.5905/
Old 04-28-2021, 05:31 AM
Safety Car

Went to a regional event. This is basically the only time I’ll see it in person before taking delivery. Since reservations get filled before retail orders.

They had an antimatter blue with a Sasquatch package - which is what I ordered. That comes with a lift and 35s. It made the bronco sport look like a mini cooper countryman

Its not too far off from a Raptor in terms of ride height. I think the seat cushion is about 32” or so off the ground so it’s like sitting on a kitchen counter lol. Glad I got side steps.

the fact that it doesn’t have a middle crossbar makes a big difference. The back seat is actually the best seat in the house.

size wise I’d say the exterior is close to a Raptor (w Sasquatch package) but not as long obviously. Interior size slots right above the wrangler but doable for family trips. The interior is like a tank. Super boxy with big vertical slab windows.

Since the spare is on the back there’s a low load floor. I think it’s like 25” from the load floor to the seat back so you could really get away with loading up the cargo area. I really think I could get away with this being the family hauler / weekend cruiser all in one.

only downside is MPG. This thing is a brick. And w 35s no way I’m getting above 15 mpg in the city or coming close to 20 on the highway. But small price to pay. This thing is going to have so much road presence.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 04-28-2021 at 05:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
00TL-P3.2 (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 08:39 AM
Ex-OEM King

That actually looks super awesome. Which trim level do you get and what steps does it come with? Do you actually plan on off roading this thing?
Old 04-28-2021, 09:23 AM
Safety Car

There are 7 different trims. One is First Edition, which was limited, and had to be reserved from the onset. Any other reservation could be adjusted through the other 6 trims. They make it so if you want lthe bigger 12" screen, you need the high package, and if you want ACC and the B&O sound system you need the lux package. Only the top three trims unlock the high and lux packages, and thats outer banks, badlands, and wildtrak. They could all be optioned with everything, but are scaled by what is standard (basically think 40k/45k/50k for OBX/Badlands/Wildtrak, and optioned out and come to around $59k (without accessories). The loaded version is a 2.7L auto, leather (or marine grade vinyl), sasquatch package (35s with front and rear locker), hardtop, 4.7 gearing, trail cam, 12" screen, power seats, etc. The only difference is that the badlands comes with a sway bar disconnect and the wildtrak and outbanks does not.

Most guys opted for the badlands for off roading, since it comes standard with steel bumpers and bash plates. And guys that wanted everything picked the wildtrak, since most things come standard such as sasquatch and the 2.7L.

I went the loaded route, but actually went against the grain and stepped down to the outerbanks for 40k and tacked on the ~19k of options to match a loaded badlands or wildtrak, so I am basically getting everything but the steel bumpers and bashplates. That gets my curb weigh down to 5,100 instead of 5,300. Otherwise my payload would be around 900 lbs. Also, i get the roast leather (limited ot the outerbanks). The badlands and wildtrak have really spartan interiors. So my dash has that classic silver plating like the original bronco. And I also get that classic midnight blue on saddle.

Am I off-roading it? Yes, I will be getting into it. Although there isnt anything super challenging in the tri-state area. I dont think I will take this rock climbing however.

...The side steps are pretty standard fare...they dont make retractable steps.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 04-28-2021 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:35 AM
Ex-OEM King

^ Nice. If you do plan on taking it off road, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting some skid plates (if that's what you mean by bash plates) installed on the underside. I'd imagine it came with those already?

Also, if the steps on the side hang down, reconsider a different option as that'll get hung up on stuff.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:11 AM
Safety Car

I think all models have plastic skid plates below the front bumper, and some models have metal skid plates for the undercarriage. In regards to rock rails (also called rock sliders) I am not getting them. It's either that or side steps. I also dont want to contend with the added weight and going over my payload given the height of the truck and the fact that its roofless.

I almost have no choice but to get the side steps. The step in height is about 25" and my wife is 5'-2". To give you some perspective, the top of the hood is at my wife's neck.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:09 AM

https://carbuzz.com/news/official-fo...-shutting-down

Up until now, Ford has done its best to navigate its way through the ongoing semiconductor chip shortage without causing harm to its most anticipated new SUV in years. The reborn Ford Bronco has already been delayed once supposedly due to other supplier-related issues, and the first batch of customer deliveries are due to get underway this summer. That remains on schedule.

What's changed is that the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan, home to both the Bronco and Ranger midsize pickup truck, will be shuttered later this month, specifically for the weeks of May 17 and May 24. This two-week shutdown was not part of previously scheduled downtime for several other North American plants, which remains on schedule.

Those plants include the Chicago Assembly, Flat Rock, and Kansas City, home of the Explorer, Mustang, and F-150, respectively. The Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake will only build Super Duty Chassis cabs and Medium Duty trucks through the week of May 17 and will be completely shut down the following week. Kansas City also builds the upcoming E-Transit electric van. It'll operate just a single shift during the weeks of May 31 and June 7 to finish early builds.

Despite the Bronco plant's downtime, Ford wants it to be made very clear initial sales won't be impacted. It's a very good possibility Ford made the strategic decision to divert those crucial chips from other assembly plants to the Bronco factory specifically to keep pumping them out at a consistent pace in order to meet that summer deadline.

Less popular vehicles were sacrificed until more chips arrive. Conserving dwindling chip supplies is now the name of the game for all automakers, and it boils down to favoring more profitable vehicles like trucks and SUVs.

Even so, there are thousands of brand new F-150s sitting in massive parking lots outside of Detroit. They may look ready to hit the road from the outside, but they all lack chips that control systems such as navigation and Bluetooth. Hopefully, the Bronco plant's downtime will be limited to just two weeks and no more. Unfortunately, the chip crisis may not be over until early next year.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:35 AM
Safety Car

For those that received build dates from Ford (VERY few - like only a few %) they were told that they will be pushed out 2-3 weeks. The chip shortage doesnt apply to the bronco, but the fact that MAP is shutdown is what is creating some delays.

The major complaint/concern is that early reservation holders who have maybe the first or second allocation piece at their dealer were really hopeful they would be tapped by Ford with an assigned build date. But 95% havent heard a peep yet. Ford is leapfrogging them to cherry pick simpler builds with later reservation timestamps, since they are a "buildable" configuration based on current supplies. If this continues, and your dealer runs out of allocation pieces, then you're kicked to 2022 CY (even if you're a Day 1 reservation holder, like myself).

Unfortunately, ford is building demo's first (1-2 per dealer). And given they have 3,000 dealers in N.A. then there goes 4,500 builds that dry up some parts bins and push people back. I am still hopeful that I get assigned a build date later this month for an August build / September delivery. But it is anyone's guess.

The deceiving piece of all this is that Ford has 130k converted orders, of which only 60k are slated for 2021. They could continuously make announcements that they will still be on target for summer deliveries and that there volume wont suffer....But that's only because they have SO MANY configurations in the order banks that they could hop and skip over supply chain issues and find buildable orders based on algorithms. Unfortunately, their entire reservation system / pecking order will be trashed in the process. Early reservation holders are NOT happy. They could get pushed out a full year, while a much later reservation holder for say a base model get assigned a build date only a month or two from now.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 05-07-2021 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:01 AM
Ex-OEM King

For those that received build dates from Ford (VERY few - like only a few %) they were told that they will be pushed out 2-3 weeks. The chip shortage doesnt apply to the bronco, but the fact that MAP is shutdown is what is creating some delays.

The major complaint/concern is that early reservation holders who have maybe the first or second allocation piece at their dealer were really hopeful they would be tapped by Ford with an assigned build date. But 95% havent heard a peep yet. Ford is leapfrogging them to cherry pick simpler builds with later reservation timestamps, since they are a "buildable" configuration based on current supplies. If this continues, and your dealer runs out of allocation pieces, then you're kicked to 2022 CY (even if you're a Day 1 reservation holder, like myself).

Unfortunately, ford is building demo's first (1-2 per dealer). And given they have 3,000 dealers in N.A. then there goes 4,500 builds that dry up some parts bins and push people back. I am still hopeful that I get assigned a build date later this month for an August build / September delivery. But it is anyone's guess.

The deceiving piece of all this is that Ford has 130k converted orders, of which only 60k are slated for 2021. They could continuously make announcements that they will still be on target for summer deliveries and that there volume wont suffer....But that's only because they have SO MANY configurations in the order banks that they could hop and skip over supply chain issues and find buildable orders based on algorithms. Unfortunately, their entire reservation system / pecking order will be trashed in the process. Early reservation holders are NOT happy. They could get pushed out a full year, while a much later reservation holder for say a base model get assigned a build date only a month or two from now.
The boon in this happening is the first models are the guinea pigs for manufacturing. I get why they are doing more simple builds first, it's just a way to get miles on the manufacturing process.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:21 AM
Safety Car

This is why I'm holding off until a 2022 or 2023 model. Maybe by then the Warthog/Raptor will be available too.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:44 AM
Safety Car

I dont think that's the case. They are making some loaded sasquatch broncos for demos, and also giving preference for First Editions, which are also loaded.

It's really supply chain issues. Those that have a loaded first day reservation - non F.E., thought they would sneak in, but they are getting pushed back.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:01 PM

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ower-increase/

The 2021 Ford Bronco will be more powerful than Ford's initial estimates claimed. A new spec sheet reports official SAE-certified horsepower and torque figures that are higher by 20–30 horsepower and 5–15 pound-feet depending on engine.

The base turbocharged 2.3-liter inline-four, initially estimated to have 270 hp and 310 pound-feet, is rated at 300 horsepower and 325 pound-feet of torque. The optional twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6, which had initial estimates of 310 horsepower and 410 pound-feet of torque, is rated at 330 horsepower and 415 pound-feet of torque. The four-cylinder Bronco offers the choice of either a seven-speed manual or a 10-speed automatic transmission, while the V-6 model comes only with the automatic.

These numbers apply when running on premium fuel. Ford also provides slightly reduced SAE numbers that apply for when the Bronco is running on 87 octane regular fuel: 275 hp and 315 pound-feet for the 2.3L and 315 hp and 410 pound-feet for the 2.7L.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:06 PM
Ex-OEM King

I dont think that's the case. They are making some loaded sasquatch broncos for demos, and also giving preference for First Editions, which are also loaded.

It's really supply chain issues. Those that have a loaded first day reservation - non F.E., thought they would sneak in, but they are getting pushed back.
Demo units are also trial builds and validation runs so it makes sense they are doing fully decked out examples just to exercise the line. First customer cars should be the lower spec models to get a smooth ramp up in terms of complexity. Though it's not cars, it's how we do all of our production...
Old 05-18-2021, 08:44 AM

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40654/...ns-arent-happy

When the 2021 Ford Bronco dropped last summer, the public's reception indicated it was worth the long, long wait. Anxious order holders may feel a little different now with all the production setbacks, but Ford has tried to make amends by offering free upgrades and, surprise, more power. All that said, details from an alleged Ford parts catalog being passed 'round the forums have some potential buyers riled up, and it has to do with the Bronco's 10-speed automatic transmission.

The information was leakedby a Bronco 6Gforum user who claims to be a Ford parts pro. They explained that the transmission replacement is listed in their computer as a 10R60 unit, like the Explorer has, rather than the 10R80 like the Bronco's Ranger platform-mate has. Seeing as the new off-roader is available with 35-inch tires that are anything but light, some think Ford made the wrong call.

Naysayers piled on the post, complaining that a dedicated 4x4 like this should have a heavier duty truck transmission instead of one from a family-hauling crossover. Meanwhile, glass-half-full types say the 10R60 shifts smoother, no matter if it's in automatic or manual mode. How it'd do in the Bronco is anyone's guess seeing as virtually nobody but Ford has driven one yet.

After combing through the library of press materials Ford has sent my way regarding the Bronco, it's only ever referenced as a 10-speed automatic with lots of dynamic adjectives attached. The 10R80 was never specified but rather assumed by 'most everyone seeing as that's what the Ranger has, and the Bronco's supposed to share plenty of parts with the midsize pickup.

In combination with the off-road suspension, the 10R60 could also explain the relatively low 3,500-pound max tow rating Ford achieved with the Bronco.

We've reached out to Ford for confirmation on this, though the automaker is yet to respond. We'll update this space once we hear back and if you ordered yours with a seven-speed manual, feel free to carry on with your Monday.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:49 AM

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/fo...ame-exclusive/

We’ve known for roughly a year now that Ford is working on a high-performance variant of the reborn Bronco. We’ve also known what will powered it, details about its tires and wheels, that it will have a unique set of lights, that it will have FORD lettering written across the grille, and that it will be quite the beast capable of catching a good amount of air. But there’s one thing about this range-topping Bronco that’s been somewhat murky: its name.

At first, we referred to this model as the Bronco Raptor. Then, Ford filed to trademark the Bronco Warthog name in September 2020, resulting in the Bronco Warthog name taking the spotlight. However, Ford Authority has now learned that Ford’s thinking on the matter has changed.

Sources familiar with the matter have told us that Ford’s current leadership favors powerful, well-recognized names over new names that would need to establish recognition in the marketplace. It is precisely for that reason that two of the newest Ford products rely on existing names with plenty of history, cachet, recognition.

We’re of course referring to FoMoCo’s decision to name its first dedicated EV as the Mustang Mach-E (rather than just “Mach-E”) and its first electric pickup the F-150 Lightning (rather than F-150 EV or F-150 Electric). In that light, the Warthog name has no recognition beyond those closely following the latest Bronco-related news and developments. In fact, it’s not even clear which of the four warthogs inspired the Warthog name to begin with.

Now, those following Ford Authority’s coverage of all things Bronco might remember two instances that – at the time – seemed to confirm the Warthog name. The first appeared in a supplier letter and the second was the result of “Warthog” being written inside the wheel well of a prototype. Both of those instances can be explained by Warthog being Ford’s internal code name for the vehicle, much like Redback is the code name for the 2023 Ford Ranger Raptor (you heard that here first), which will be powered by the twin-turbo Ford 3.0L EcoBoost V6 engine (another Ford Authority exclusive).

At the end of the day, what we currently know is that the upcoming range-topping Bronco model will not be called Bronco Warthog when it launches in the second half of the 2022 calendar year. Instead, it will wear an entirely different name.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:33 AM
Safety Car

Latest news - major supply constraints (particularly hard tops) seem to vastly override the sequential timestamp of the reservations. i.e. ford cant really go in order of the reservation date...a lot of early reservation holders with well equipped builds (and a hard top) are getting skipped, while later reservation holders with soft top builds are getting build dates assigned. Its a complete mess. Some guys are even switching their order to a soft top to better their chances (which is crazy because Ford isnt providing the plumbing for the rear defrost and windshield wiper on the soft top equipped broncos, meaning you cant really buy a hard top at a later date). Its pandemonium over on BroncoGg.

I was one of the lucky few that received a build date and a vin. Late July build date. Again, the reservation holders get stock before dealers. And the reservation holders by in large will be pushed out to 2022 CY. Even most people who made Day 2 reservations havent received build dates yet. When I received my email confirming a build date for my Day 1 reservation, it felt like i received the golden ticket. Went right to the store to buy a lottery ticket (seriously).

As of last week, Ford took over the hardtop supplier operations, stormed the warehouse, and took over control. It was seriously lacking and was the primary cause for lack of assigned builds and order fulfillment. From the looks of it, a chunk of Day 1 holders received build dates, as did later simpler builds, or builds with soft tops . And a vast majority of Day 2+ reservation holders are still waiting (as are more than half of the First Edition holders). Keep in mind Ford is still taking reservations and the the reveal night was back in July 2020. So, as you could imagine, it will be a very long haul for many. Ford will likely continue to wave in and assign build dates for later reservations with soft top builds and simpler builds to 'skip the line' so they could meet their 2021 CY volume forecast. So someone with a Day 2 7/14/20 reservation could get skipped by someone that made a soft top reservation later in 2021 (many months later), and when dealer allocations get filled with soft top builds, that Day 2 holder runs the risk of falling off the list for a 2021 CY build. Reservation holders are NOT happy....so I am considering myself very lucky.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 06-03-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:56 AM
Ex-OEM King

I guess I don't blame them though. If they can't build hard tops but can built soft tops then what do you think they're going to do? They're not going to shut down a massive production line just because someone ordered a car they can't build before someone else who ordered a car they can.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:43 PM
Safety Car

I dont disagree.

But could certainly feel the frustration of others, as they wait and wait each week not getting picked with a VIN and build date, all while watching other late reservation holders on the forum talk about getting picked...It's particularly frustrating if you are managing a lease expiration (or lease extension expiration)
Old 06-03-2021, 01:06 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,726 Likes on 4,230 Posts
All this for a Bronco?
Slpr04UA6 (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Safety Car

HA. Yeah. Although, putting the Bronco Sport aside (this has nothing to do with the Sports), the full size Bronco is a fairly cool truck. The Bronco with the sasquatch package (35" tires, lift, wider flares, wider stance), takes it to another level. Seeing them side by side is night and day. Its fairly close to a Raptor (granted they are also coming out with a Bronco Warthog, which is an even crazier version)....I could see the wait being worth it for a sasquatched Bronco, but NOT for a regular way build. When I placed my final order, and decided to tack on the sasquatch package for that exact reason. I would have probably bailed if i was still waiting for a build date for a non-sasquatched bronco.

https://i.redd.it/ycrupk4pvbc51.jpg

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 06-03-2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Ex-OEM King

Jeep will happily sell you a Wrangler Rubicon today.
pttl (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 02:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Jeep will happily sell you a Wrangler Rubicon today.
Rubicon is closer to a standard Bronco than the sasquatched bronco. Actually it’s similar to the Bronco Badlands trim without Sasquatch.

Although they are working through the 392 version, as well as a 35” tire and wheel package to be offered on regular Jeeps to somewhat compete with the bronco Sasquatch.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:31 PM
Ex-OEM King

392 is already out but that's mostly just a V8 motor vs the V6. The ride height at stock is very similar to a normal Rubicon.

Tire size is part of it but not everything. If 35" tires is what you really want, you can upgrade a Rubi to 35's without any additional mods. That said, a stock Rubicon is exceptionally capable of doing almost everything and, unless you're an experienced off road driver, is a hell of a lot more capable than you are out of the box.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:18 AM

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41293/...t-buyers-doors

Between the chip shortage, plant shutdowns, and pandemic-related delays, Ford Bronco buyers have been waiting (and waiting, and waiting some more) for their vehicles. The reborn Bronco was announced last July and production finally started this year, to the absolute delight of the 125,000 reservation holders who plunked their money down for the privilege of owning the first batch rolling out of Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant.

If you listen carefully, you’ll hear the shouts of happiness as a result of the initial deliveries, which started this week. As seen on fan forum Bronco6G.com, a few Bronco fans are announcing the arrival of their new SUVs and the rest of them are salivating as they await their turns.

Bronco6G forum poster SirBenimen announced that he received the coveted text from his salesperson at Fox Grand Traverse Ford on Tuesday with the message that his Bronco was ready for pickup. The next day, he and his wife drove away with their Badlands-trim four-door Bronco in Rapid Red with the towing and Sasquatch packages and they parked it in their garage briefly before taking it off-roading.

Another buyer in Wisconsin expected his First Edition Bronco to arrive in July. He received a nice surprise yesterday and posted that he was the first in Wisconsin to take delivery, his Cactus Gray 4x4 with Black Onyx interior now starring on the Middleton Motorsports YouTube channel.

While this may all sound like stellar news for buyers who have been waiting patiently and not-so-patiently for their Broncos, there are still hurdles delaying delivery. As we reported a few days ago, Ford received a high number of orders for models equipped with the max tow and Sasquatch packages, meaning extra time in production. Ford Chief Program Engineer Eric Loeffler told me this week during a media event, “If someone is buying a Bronco, they’re ordering it loaded.” Now the Blue Oval has the good news/bad news experience of figuring out how to prioritize the orders.

Ford employees are working overtime to get these hot vehicles out the door, and it appears that not even flooding can keep the Bronco train down for long; the same fan forum reported that a flood from heavy rains stopped production for only an hour last night. According to the poster on Bronco6G, there were no major impacts to the plant or vehicles already produced. Since the Bronco can ford up to 33.5 inches of water, they can presumably drive the SUVs right out of there, dry them off, and they’re ready to go.
​​​​​​​
Old 06-28-2021, 01:16 PM
Safety Car

Yup. 3 guys on Bronco6G received theres, and some dealers (mostly those in/near Michigan) are starting to take delivery of their demos. You may see one at random in the next few weeks.

I have my golden ticket for a 7/26 week build, but MAP announced they will be shutdown that week, so I guess I'll be pushed out a little. Hope to have it delivered before Labor Day.
Comfy (06-28-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 07:01 AM

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/f...plier-problem/

Bad news for those waiting on a 2021 Ford Bronco, specifically an SUV with a hard-top roof. According to an email Ford sent to those with a reservation and order for the vehicle, the color hard-top option will not be available until 2023. That is, unless you want a carbonized gray colored hard top. Otherwise, Ford said in an email viewed by Roadshow, "challenges with our hard top roof supplier continue to impact our plans."

In addition, the company said it needs to build "more soft tops than planned," meaning it won't be able to only focus on customer orders. In other words, some people may experience delays when watching the digital timeline for their Bronco's build and delivery date.

However, Ford wants to try and keep those in the Bronco's corral happy, so it promised that anyone who made a reservation before March 19, 2021 will be locked into their current MSRP. This is specifically for those who want to wait for a 2023 model year Bronco, if they want a colored hard top other than gray. Further, Broncos built starting in September will receive a free hard top prep kit.

For customers that simply don't want to wait for their hard top Bronco, they can order a soft top model instead with the prep kit. With the kit, they can purchase a hard top at a later date and enjoy super easy installation. But, again, there won't be a hard top in various finishes until 2023. Those who want to swap to a soft top must contact their dealer by July 16, the email said.

Bronco production is officially underway, but hopefully, we don't see any other hiccups as Ford works to get the highly anticipated SUVs out into the wild.
Old 07-19-2021, 01:22 PM

https://www.motor1.com/news/520758/f...-transmission/

It’s been a year since Ford unveiled the all-new Bronco, and production is just now getting started after a painful number of issues delayed it. We know a lot about the new offering, though we expect to learn even more once it gets into the hands of customers. Until that happens, one new tidbit of information, which comes from TheBroncoNation.com, reveals that the new Bronco shares its transmission with the Ford Explorer.

Ford never specified which 10-speed automatic gearbox would manage delivering the Bronco’s power to its wheels, but recent rumors suggested that the two Ford models shared more than just their maker. Now, Ford has confirmed that the Bronco uses the same 10R60 gearbox found in the Explorer, though customers concerned about durability shouldn’t worry. Ford raced a stock Bronco with the stock gearbox in this year’s NORRA Mexican 1000 off-road rally to a third-place finish.

Ford is producing the Bronco alongside the Ranger that uses the older 10R80 gearbox, though Ford is using it in the Ranger for very specific reasons. The 10R60 in the Bronco is rated to handle the output from the Bronco’s two available engines – the 2.3-liter and the 2.7-liter. The Bronco’s gearbox is lighter with a lower internal mass, reducing parasitic loss, and it’s more efficient than the 10R80, too.

Those who wish to toss gears themselves can opt for the available seven-speed manual. The Bronco has faced numerous delays due to COVID, and supply chain issues continue to disrupt what Ford can offer customers; however, it is finally nice to see
the new SUV rolling off the assembly line. Ford announced the Bronco’s return over four years ago at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show, and off-road enthusiasts have been patiently waiting for the nameplate’s return. Ford has helped to ease the pain of waiting, too.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:46 AM
Ex-OEM King

Holy carp the Jeep is not slow...

Old 07-27-2021, 09:03 AM

I see it's the 4XE JLU, but what engine was in the Bronco?
Old 07-27-2021, 09:08 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
I see it's the 4XE JLU, but what engine was in the Bronco?
The big one. It's the first edition sasquatch so it's fully decked out.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:31 AM

Impressive that the 2.0T+E JL pulled that hard on the 2.7TT Bronco. Though the Bronco does look larger/heavier.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:33 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2

Impressive that the 2.0T+E JL pulled that hard on the 2.7TT Bronco. Though the Bronco does look larger/heavier.
And has bigger tires and the test is in Denver with higher altitude.

Electric boost off the line is immediate and doesn't care about thin air.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:26 PM
Safety Car

Update - July builds are still being held at MAP factory, likely awaiting hardtops. The hardtop issue is becoming a big deal, and made it's way across the automotive media platform.

Still sitting on a 8/18 build date and patiently waiting...
Comfy (07-28-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 11:33 AM

https://www.motor1.com/news/523859/f...soft-top-wear/

The Ford Bronco's rollout has been less than ideal what with the multiple delays pushing back the launch of the hotly anticipated Jeep Wrangler competitor. Not only that, but its first weeks on the market have been plagued with issues some of the early adopters have reported, primarily related to both the hard and soft tops.

Speaking of which, the owner of a Badlands he's only had for four weeks headed to the Bronco6G forums to express his grief regarding the fabric roof already showing signs of wear on the driver's side. He'll be at a Ford dealer later today to try and get an explanation for why there's early wear straight through the soft top, which appears to be starting on the passenger side as well.

Based on his preliminary investigation, the issue stems from the soft top not folding properly as it might be rubbing against a piece of plastic while it's down. He noticed the roof folded differently on separate occasions, which means there might be an issue with the mechanism since it's unable to fold the soft top tightly every time.

On a related note, the folks over at TFLtruck are also having a roof-related issue with their brand-new $63,000 Bronco equipped with the optional molded-in-color (MIC) hardtop. It's rattling even when the vehicle is barely moving and the problem gets worse on an uneven road surface. It should be noted the roof was never removed from this car and yet it was already making weird noises and the headliner was showing minor signs of wear.
The rattling disappeared when the two front panels were removed and it was less obvious when TFLtruck put them back, but the issue was still there. They also reported some unpleasant noises coming from the rear top panel, so it would appear the Bronco's roof has been its Achilles' heel thus far regardless if we're talking soft or hard top.

Quick Reply: Ford: Bronco News