Fiat Chrysler Automobiles: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Retired playa

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think he was talking about BILLION in the second part of the sentence. It was a typo at the website and I quoted it.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wonder if they'll have a closeout of all remaining evos
Old 02-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Fiat and GM still talking over put deal - - Reuters / February 04, 2005 - - Source: Automotive News

MILAN -- Fiat and General Motors are still in talks to resolve a row over the Italian group's option to sell its ailing car unit to GM, even though a mediation period ended without a deal, sources said on Friday.

"Just because the mediation has ended, it doesn't mean there are no talks any more," one financial source said. "The communication channels between Fiat and GM are still open."

The two companies have long been at loggerheads over the validity of Fiat's put option to sell its car unit to GM, with GM arguing that moves made to keep Fiat Auto going through a crisis changed the company and so invalidated the put.

GM started a mediation process in mid-December to settle the spat, but the 30-day period ended at midnight on Tuesday without an agreement.

Fiat says the put is valid and can be exercised any time from Wednesday. The fact Fiat did not immediately exercise the put and that GM did not take the issue straight to court suggested talks were continuing to find a friendly solution.

Investors had expected GM to pay Fiat about $2.3 billion (1.8 billion euros) to annul the put so it can avoid buying another loss-making, indebted carmaker while it is trying to cut costs and jobs to pull GM Europe back into profit.

On Friday, Fiat Chief Financial Officer Luigi Gubitosi met the combine-to-component group's creditor banks in Milan but was expected to discuss strategy rather than the GM issue.

The banks gave Fiat a 3 billion euro loan in 2002 which can be converted into equity from September if Fiat does not pay it back or change the terms of the deal. The option to shed Fiat Auto was seen as a key backing for the loan, bankers have said.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

GM to Pay $2B to Settle Fiat Dispute - - By Aidan Lewis, Associated Press Writer - - GM Agrees to Pay Fiat $2B to Resolve Dispute, Allowing U.S. Firm to Divest Stake in Fiat Unit - - Source: Biz.Yahoo.com

ROME (AP) -- General Motors Corp. agreed Sunday to pay Fiat SpA $2 billion to resolve a contract dispute, allowing the U.S. carmaker to divest its stake in Fiat's troubled auto unit and revise the companies' business relationship.
ADVERTISEMENT

The agreement dissolves a five-year partnership between Fiat and GM, but does not entail a complete separation, they said.

Detroit-based GM will return its 10 percent stake in Fiat's auto division and the two carmakers will dismantle their joint venture that manufactures engines and transmissions. However, the companies will continue to cooperate on engine production, development of vehicle programs, and other fields.

The dispute centered on a so-called "put option" included in the 2000 agreement, which gave Fiat the right to demand GM buy the rest of the car unit.

At Fiat headquarters in Turin, Chairman Luca Cordero di Montezemolo praised the agreement as a "a positive and excellent sign for the future."

He said Fiat's threats to force GM to buy out the auto division had been real -- and imminent.

"If we had not reached the agreement we would have had a long legal battle, because this week we would have started the processes to exercise the put option," Montezemolo said.

In a conference call Sunday, GM Chairman and Chief Executive Rick Wagoner called the deal "a fair and equitable agreement" that "gives each of us more freedom to act in today's competitive environment."

He also said the deal lets GM "avoid a likely protracted and acrimonious legal solution to the case."

"We felt we had a very strong legal case," Wagoner said. But "one never knows for sure when one enters the legal arena."

GM Chief Financial Officer John Devine said in the conference call that two-thirds of the settlement would be to cancel the put option and one-third covers GM's purchase of assets.

The company plans to take an $840 million charge, or $1.49 per share, to cover the payments.

Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne detailed the proposal -- negotiated with GM officials in Detroit -- at a Fiat board meeting earlier Sunday.

He said Fiat sees no change to its 2005 financial targets after receiving the payment. Fiat is forecasting a small operating loss at its auto unit in 2005, as well as a group loss.

Fiat said in a statement that 1 billion euros ($1.29 billion) will be paid immediately and the rest was expected to be paid over 90 days.

Having to honor the option would have been deeply damaging for GM, which announced plans last year to cut about 12,000 jobs in Europe in a bid to save about $600 million a year. For Italians, Fiat is a national icon and was for decades the source of enormous pride, so the prospect of selling it off to foreigners would have been a severe psychological blow.

Montezemolo said he even consulted Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi about the deal, and the premier said he was "very satisfied" with it.

Analysts were casting the clash as a poker game in which the struggling Fiat was using the threat of the option as pressure to extract a hefty cash settlement from GM. Experts had estimated the value of any agreement to be as much as $2.6 billion. The impasse had also raised the prospect of GM mounting a legal challenge in a U.S. court.

A period of mediation that began Dec. 16 ended this month without an agreement, prompting speculation that Fiat was pushing for more money than GM was willing to pay. The companies also have a joint ventures in parts purchasing.

Fiat Auto, which accounts for 40 percent of the Fiat group's revenues, has $10.4 billion in debt. The company would welcome a cash payment as it aims to post a group net profit of more than $651 million by 2006.

As part of its efforts to return to profitability, Fiat shuffled management at its auto unit last year and is launching new models. But Marchionne said in October that new models were not boosting revenues as much as hoped.

Fiat claimed the option was valid and rejected GM's contention that the Italian company might have breached the agreement through a recapitalization of Fiat Auto Holding BV and the sale of a 51 percent stake in Fiat Auto's consumer finance division.

Earlier this month, Turin-based Fiat said that the option could be exercised through July 24, 2010. The company had declined to say when it might exercise the option.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I cant believe Fiat managed to suck 2B from GM for nothing basically. GM mgt needs a compelte overhaul. Period.

Not that buying Fiat would have been the better option. But the put was totally the wrong move when it took place in the past.

EDIT:

One cant do business with the Italian auto manufacturers. Why didnt they know that?[/QUOTE]
Old 02-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gavriil
I cant believe Fiat managed to suck 2B from GM for nothing basically. GM mgt needs a compelte overhaul. Period.

Not that buying Fiat would have been the better option. But the put was totally the wrong move when it took place in the past. One cant do business with the Italians. Why didnt they know that?
Fiat had them over the barrel with the put.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I agree. But I cant believe they fell for it. What a bunch of kids.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Banned

Imagine if GM owns FIAT one day? That would mean GM owns Ferrari !!!!!!!!...YIKEs!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Burning Brakes

lol if Ferrari becomes GM.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MADCAT
Imagine if GM owns FIAT one day? That would mean GM owns Ferrari !!!!!!!!...YIKEs!
Scary.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Banned

One cant do business with the Italians. Why didnt they know that?
Because I didn't tell them that.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Safety Car

No no. That's what's so fucked up about the situation. The Italians are shady. Fiat claims that Ferrari was never part of the package, and it's a completely seperate divison under Fiat's industrial umbrella. I've been following this in the WSJ whenever there's a story on it. If Ferrari was included, I would rethink my position on the whole situation. But GM basically got bent over on this one.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Moderator Alumnus

The last thing GM would want right now is to own the Fiat mess. That would for sure lead them directly to Chapter 11 in less than two years from now. Not that now such a move is not probable, only if it happened it would probably take longer.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Just realized you live in Canada. Are you born raised Canadian?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Fdl, on a different note, let me guess: You hate Bill O'Reilly and Fox News. Correct?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

For the record to all, I stand by my statements about the Italians and in particular Fiat.

GM was crazy to try and do business on the global automotive scale and level with Fiat. Fiat Motor (not the group necessarily) will eventually either be bought by another "second-level" company (like one of the French companies). or go bankrupt. That may take a while but in my opinion, it's imminent. The 2 Billion they pocketed from GM because of GM's stupidity will give them a nice extention and very much needed one. But the competition out there is only getting more intense and I am convinced that Fiat cant do it on their own with the current mgt at the....very top.

Last edited by gavriil; 02-15-2005 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Will clarify post on subesequent post
Old 02-15-2005, 01:28 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Fix It Again Tony.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by 1killercls
Fix It Again Tony.

This time it will be fixed for good.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

A post of mine will follow in the near future explaning what I meant by writing

"One cant do business with the Italians at this scale". I apologize to anyone offended by this statement, it's not meant as prejudiced. I have nothing against the Italians.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Flint: Billions for Fiat Tribute - - And not one cent for defense. What was GM thinking, anyway? - - by Jerry Flint - Source: The Car Connection

When I heard of the $2 billion payoff to Fiat I was enraged beyond belief. I called the General Motors negotiators every name I could think of. I wrote the team must include Santa Claus, Fozzie the Bear (Kermit's low-IQ sidekick), and Dopey, the Dwarf friend of Snow White. Who else could have made such a dumb deal? I was insulting for I believe their action threatens the survival of GM.

That's not the way to write, so let me try and criticize this $2 billion in tribute coldly.

The $2 billion handed to Fiat could be enough to turn GM around. It is enough to buy a rear-drive platform for the Cadillac DeVille and a big Buick, plus a hybrid for Chevrolet. It's enough to tool a plant for five-speed automatic transmissions so Bob Lutz's new models don't have to carry outdated four-speeds, with enough money left over to add XM radios to a year's production.

Next time the GM people have to negotiate, with anyone, even the UAW, they should all stay home. Hire Donald Trump. He knows how to say "No."

Certainly the initial deal was a disaster from the start but we're not talking about that. We're talking about the $2 billion being paid to Fiat to allow GM to get out of a clause that could have forced them to buy the entire Italian company at Fiat's request.

1. GM executives say the requirement to purchase Fiat was no longer valid and they would have won in court. But they paid $2 billion, anyway. Who wants a long court fight? Does that make sense?

2. Fiat was broke, up against the wall, needing cash badly.

3. Had GM said "no" or held out for a reasonable ransom, Fiat had three choices: take what money it could get, do nothing, or demand that GM buy Fiat. Two out of three options favored GM.

4. Had Fiat tried to force a GM takeover, GM would have gone to court. This would have taken years with appeals while Fiat desperately needed money. GM could say: "Go ahead. We'll be in court ten years. You likely will lose. But even if you win you will be out of business before you win. And if by chance you save yourself, you won't want us to take over, anyway."

Fiat might have taken what they could get, gone bankrupt during the case, or even recovered and then quit seeking a GM takeover. Again, two of three for GM (the bad scenario for GM would be for GM to lose the case as Fiat went bankrupt.)

5. Then GM may have won the case so that's 50-50.

6. And even if GM lost, it would be many years before it was settled and time cures or changes many problems.
Look, you are buying a house. The guy you are buying it from has the sheriff at his door with an arrest order for non-payment of child support. There's also an IRS agent with an arrest order for non-payment of his income tax. They have foreclosure orders and an auction date is set on the property. Do you think you have to pay top dollar to get the house?

7. Understand, Fiat people did not want to be owned by GM, and I personally question if the Italian government, in the end, would have allowed its largest manufacturer to be owned by a foreigner.

8. And then GM gives back the ten percent in Fiat stock it owned. GM paid $4.4 billion ($2.4 to start in stock and $2 billion in cash to get out) and they didn't even keep the stock just in case Fiat recovered?

GM apparently likes to say they needed the Fiat deal to get diesel engines for its European subsidiary. It seems GM negotiators (Santa, Fozzi and Dopey) missed the Harvard MBA course, titled Cows/Milk 301, which taught that you don't have to buy a cow to get a quart of milk.

You can buy rights to engine design, or buy engines or joint-venture production. I remember a half-century ago when GM had the only automatic transmissions and sold them to Packard and Lincoln. Today if you want to build a hybrid you can license the tricks fromToyota. In fact, Ford was in the same position in Europe needing a diesel. Ford called Peugeot, which had a fine diesel, and they made a deal. As I understand it, Peugeot put up the diesel and Ford put up money and they built a joint plant turning out the engines.

Oh yes, we'd been hearing for years that another GM disaster, the Isuzu purchase, was fine because GM got diesel technology, small stuff, too, not just the big-truck diesels. Apparently not.

GM also likes to say they both saved zillions of dollars with joint purchasing and parts-making. Frankly. I don't believe the savings figures, especially when both Fiat and GM Europe are losing their shirts.

The only conclusion is that the Fiat leadership picked GM pockets and made the Detroiters look like fools.
How many times will GM leaders repeat these catastrophes?
Old 02-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Hello!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been following this too. The Italians are laughing in the press overseas. GM is the butt of even more jokes.

GM management can't build a damn car and now they can't even make a deal. What is their purpose? THey should all be fired. They are KILLING the company still. These old guys NEED TO GO.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Banned

GM is terribly good at throwing good money after bad ... think Oldsmobile. Think SAAB, Suzuki, Isuzu ... and of course FIAT here. What wastes.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Moderator Alumnus

More Fiat Moves: Leach Gone, Kalbfell In -- Source: The Car Connection

The ongoing upheaval at Fiat SpA has now claimed Martin Leach, former Ford Europe chief who had been the head of Maserati. Reuters reports that Leach has been displaced by Karl-Heinz Kalbfell, who now heads Alfa Romeo. Fiat SpA chairman Sergio Marchionne has been shuffling personnel since last week's agreement with General Motors that put an end to Fiat's put option, which would have allowed Fiat to dump its automotive operations on GM. With GM out of the picture and $2 billion in its pocket, Fiat is restructuring to link Maserati with Alfa Romeo. Last week, Marchionne presided over the sale of Maserati from Ferrari (of which Fiat owns 50 percent) to Fiat Auto. Marchionne also gave walking papers to Herbert Demel at Fiat after less than two years on the job. The most recent moves, with Leach departing and Kalbfell adding Maserati to his duties, leaves many outsiders wondering what the next move at Fiat may be.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Daimler Chrysler Shareholder Meeting a "Gripefest"

DC Meeting Turns Into Gripefest - - by Joseph Szczesny Source: The Car Connection

Disgruntled shareholders zeroed in on falling earnings, quality problems and scandal in the Mercedes-Benz sales organization in Germany during the company's annual meeting in Berlin, and blasted DaimlerChrysler chief executive Juergen Schrempp for failing to protect the German-American automaker's most important asset - the three-pointed star.

Thomas Meier, a fund manager with Union Investment Fund, a major German fund, warned that the poor quality of the Mercedes cars throws a shadow over company in the long run. "The problems at Mercedes and Smart are entirely management's fault," he suggested.

Klaus Kaldemorgen, a fund manager with DSW, a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank, Germany 's most influential financial institution, said the drop in the earnings of the Mercedes-Benz brand, which is critical to the company's stability and success, was troubling. The voluntary recall of 1.3 million Mercedes-Benz vehicle and the heavy losses at Smart, Mercedes' small car subsidiary, only underscored the problems, added Kaldemorgen, who was cheered several times as he spoke.

"Mercedes-Benz is no longer an icon," said another shareholder during the daylong meeting staged at the Berlin Messe, or convention center, on the western edge of the German capital.

Promises, promises

Another shareholder noted that at the time of the merger in 1998, stockholders were promised a company with Chrysler's efficiency and Mercedes-Benz quality. What shareholders got was a company with Chrysler's quality and Mercedes-Benz efficiency, he noted pointedly.

Schrempp tried to assure shareholders that the company was doing everything in its power to improve Mercedes-Benz quality and to boost Mercedes-Benz's earning power, which has fallen dramatically since the middle of 2004 and will take another hit in the first quarter of 2005 as automaker writes down part of its investment in Smart. It was also less expensive to keep building Smarts, which help recruit young customers to the Mercedes-Benz, than to shut it down, he added.

Schrempp also said to DaimlerChrysler shareholders that the company was doing all that it can to investigate misconduct and to protect the integrity of the organization, which is responsible for sales of Mercedes-Benz brand cars, vans, and trucks in the vital German market.

The Berlin-based sales organization has more than 17,000 employees, Schrempp noted, and fewer than ten have been implicated in a new scandal involving kickbacks to distributors. The sales organization not only controls distribution of cars and trucks to dealers but also operates a network of more than 40 company-owned retail dealerships that are located in major German cities.

Schrempp noted that DaimlerChrysler launched an internal investigation into the charges back in October following an anonymous tip from an employee. The executive in charge of the sales unit was replaced in February after he was implicated in the scandal and Schrempp said the information collected during the internal investigation has been turned over to government prosecutors in Stuttgart, where they will determine whether to bring criminal charges against the officials dismissed by DaimerChrysler.

The fact that the matter has been turned over to prosecutors also meant that he had to limit his comments on the specific charges, he said.

Senior DaimlerChrysler officials said privately that the scandal basically involved what one described as disorganized crime, involving kickbacks for selected distributors and misappropriation of company assets for personal use. The company has turned up no evidence that any of the discredited executives had links to the organized crime that traffic in stolen vehicles across Eastern Europe.

Chrysler comeback overshadowed

The problems at Mercedes-Benz also overshadowed any discussion of the comeback of the Chrysler Group, which had been a frequent target of Schrempp's critics in the past.

The turnaround rested on a strong foundation that will continue to produce solid results in the years to come, DaimlerChrysler AG's top executive told shareholders during the German-American automakers annual meeting in Berlin.

"I think we have excellent prospects" for Chrysler, Schrempp said in response to a question from one of the shareholders. Chrysler, he added, is getting ready to produce mid-size and small cars that he assumes will be as good in their own ways as the 300, Schrempp added.

Schrempp also said he believed that as more of Chrysler's new models, such as the Jeep Commander, which is due out next fall reach the market, the company's revenues and earnings will improve more in 2006 and 2007.

Chrysler has clearly benefited from the investments by DaimlerChrysler earlier in the decade at time when the future of the group appeared bleak, Schrempp said. "Despite some huge losses, we made these strategic innovations," such as the Stow 'n Go folding seats now found on the Chrysler minivan, he added.

The DaimlerChrysler CEO also noted that some of the company's competitors would not have spent $400 million on such as innovations out of concern for the short-term profitability. "At DaimlerChrysler we always think about the long-term," he said. Nevertheless, he also said he worries about the intense competition in the North American market.

Old 04-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Wow, not only GM has severe issues internally these days...
Old 04-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Safety Car

"Mercedes-Benz is no longer an icon..." the truest words written in the article. DCX is in real trouble if they don't get the Mercedes brand back under control. I was a diehard fan eight years ago. Now, I'd take an Infiniti over a comparable Benz anyday. Looks like even the success of the 300 couldn't stem the tide of ill will at the meeting.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:37 PM
The hair says it all

Originally Posted by titan
"Mercedes-Benz is no longer an icon..." the truest words written in the article. DCX is in real trouble if they don't get the Mercedes brand back under control. I was a diehard fan eight years ago. Now, I'd take an Infiniti over a comparable Benz anyday. Looks like even the success of the 300 couldn't stem the tide of ill will at the meeting.
there isn't all that much overlap with infiniti and benz. where the infiniti brand topps out in $$ range is where benz starts to get fun and interesting. anyone who says that the cls55 amg isn't insanely hot and is not an icon (as well as a mclaren slr) is on something
Old 04-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Python2121
there isn't all that much overlap with infiniti and benz. where the infiniti brand topps out in $$ range is where benz starts to get fun and interesting.
True but Infiniti has positioned itself to move up from here. What about an ala-AMG setup brand going forward? Imagine a 400HP G43 or whatever for $52K. Same for the M and FX.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Certified Lurker

This is funny cause although im aware of the quality problems, etc., most people still think of mercedes as a great company with great cars. Ask almost any person that isnt an automotive news junkie like us if they would take an infinity over a mercedes and i garuntee 90% of people would take a mercedes, and then ask them if there is a quality problem with mercedes or if they know that Hundai's have better quality then Benz and prob 98% would say your on drugs if you think that...
Old 04-17-2005, 10:58 AM
go like hell

Originally Posted by Collective27
This is funny cause although im aware of the quality problems, etc., most people still think of mercedes as a great company with great cars. Ask almost any person that isnt an automotive news junkie like us if they would take an infinity over a mercedes and i garuntee 90% of people would take a mercedes, and then ask them if there is a quality problem with mercedes or if they know that Hundai's have better quality then Benz and prob 98% would say your on drugs if you think that...
the thing about Infiniti is the body styling. to me it doesn't cut it. I don't like the new "M" the G35 is "okay" but the new SLK is better IMO.

If i was to get a lexus car just to cruise around kind of like a old timer i'd get an RL because RL a well built car that yeah if you want to occassionally get into it you got 300 HP. however if I was gonna romp on it everyday and drive the piss out of it I'd go with a BMW either M3 or M5(depending on funds). those cars are SOOOOOOO fun to drive. :
Lexus: If you drive the newer models like the es330. if you go into a corner hard the car acts like it doesn't like it. plus the SC430 performance can't touch a S2000 or SLK's performance.
Infinti: they're coming a long but need in house tuner(kind of like AMG or M line of BMW)
Acura: I line the design of the new TL but 5500 dollars for the A spec option and you don't gain any more power give me a break. . if you get in house tuner it would fix this problem.

I heard rumors that Lexus was gonna start an AMG like line called the GT line. anyone else hear this.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9,966 Likes on 5,137 Posts
ya, imagine a 604hp G65
Old 04-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Wow, not only GM has severe issues internally these days...
The declining dollar has got to be hurting German automakers badly. To make matters worse I think car buyers are better informed today. They know that Lexus and Infiniti offer comparable cars at a lower price.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:25 PM
go like hell

It's kind of disappointing to me as a car guy: because I always viewed Mercedes as a "sporty/fun lux. car company." I know they are still there but in the 80's they were WAAAAAY ahead of everyone. Their designs always blew me away. the closest carmaker to them was BMW. now I on their best day they are lucky if they can keeping up with the like Lexus,Infinti, and Acura.

when I heard Benz was buy Chrysler back in 98 I was happy because I thought Benz would turn around Chrysler's way of putting out shitty products. Now I wonder if the opposite happened.

to be honest:I wish they wouldn't have bought Chrysler and just remain Mercedes Benz. I think Mercedes has slowly been going down hill since the merger.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Buy a Chrysler, Fly to Hawaii for Free

I have received this promotional email from United today:

Don't miss out on this great offer from Chrysler to earn 70,000 miles. That's 2 roundtrip Saver Awards to Hawaii, or any other U.S. destination of your choice!*

To take advantage of this exclusive offer, just follow these 3 easy steps:

First, register at united.com/chrysler.

Then, visit your local Chrysler dealership, and purchase a new, eligible 2005 Chrysler vehicle by August 1, 2005.

Finally, go to united.com/chryslermiles, and submit your new vehicle identification number (VIN) and date of purchase by August 31, 2005.

Now you can tell what models Chrysler wants to "push" (cos they are not moving off of dealer's lots quickly enough) from the fine print at the bottom:

Offer valid toward the retail purchase or lease of any eligible new and unused 2005 Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicles. Offer not eligible on all SRT models, except Crossfire SRT6, Viper, Sprinter, all 300 models, Magnum R/T and 2006 Charger.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

So obviously the SRT6 is...in the dirt right now Not that it's new news but just another sign of confirmation.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
I'll just take the cash - thanks. Folks will get hooked on this, when it only costs DCX a couple hundred $ for the give away.
Those Saver Awards on United have lots of restrictions and you have to book way ahead.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:48 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
that a lot of exceptions.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Banned

word. those tickets dont cost them much. the deal is good if your the type of person that buys any ol' car just to get from A to B. (not like we have any of these ppl on this board, hehe)
Old 06-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by biker
Those Saver Awards on United have lots of restrictions and you have to book way ahead.
I can tell you know a lot about that. You know what I have to go through every time i try to use my hard earned miles.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by The Sarlacc
that a lot of exceptions.
And those are just the car related exceptions. Here is the whole fine print part of the ad:

Terms and Conditions

* United Saver Awards are currently redeemable at 25,000 miles within the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) and Canada. United Saver Awards are currently redeemable at 35,000 miles from North America to Hawaii, Caribbean or Central America. For information on Mileage Plus Award Reservations, call 1-888-467-0507.
** When equipped with optional side curtain air bags.
*** Based on 2004 models tested by NHTSA. Pacifica received a four-out-of-five star rating.
**** Best Pick rating based on an offset-frontal crash at a nominal speed of 40mph.

Program begins April 27, 2005. To qualify for the offer, members must register online at united.com/chrysler, purchase an eligible Chrysler vehicle and take delivery by 8/1/05, and submit new vehicle identification number (VIN) and date of purchase at united.com/chryslermiles by 8/31/05. Offer valid toward the retail purchase or lease of any eligible new and unused 2005 Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicles. Offer not eligible on all SRT models, except Crossfire SRT6, Viper, Sprinter, all 300 models, Magnum R/T and 2006 Charger. Offer is additive to the most current national and regional incentives. Offer is not available to the general public and cannot be combined with any other exclusive offers. Only one (1) original offer may be redeemed per eligible customer. Offer is valid for the person named on the e-mail offer and is transferable only to immediate family members within your household with proof of address (valid driver's license or state identification required). Offer also eligible on vehicles purchased through Dealership Employee Purchase or the Affiliate Rewards Program. Chrysler employees are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Offer may not be redeemed for a purchase made prior to receipt of mailing. Offer is non-negotiable, and not redeemable for cash. Offer does not require dealer participation or submission of offer claim. Offer is post-purchase and will be verified by United and Chrysler. Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge are registered trademarks of DaimlerChrysler Corporation.

Allow 6-8 weeks for miles to post after purchase verification. Not combinable with other offers. Bonus miles and miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward Premier(R) or 1K(R) status. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Miles accrued and awards issued are subject to the rules of the Mileage Plus program. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit www.united.com. (MPGC85)

Quick Reply: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News