Dodge: Challenger News

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
No stripes, please. And save the mesh wheels for Euro cars.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:48 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
The death of the Challenger....a short life indeed...make way for the Barracuda

The follow-up to a retro-themed design like the current Dodge Challenger often takes one of of two routes: either the basic look stays the same with minor detail changes, or else a new, non-retro style is adopted. Chrysler reportedly has plans to sidestep the entire issue and instead replace the Challenger with a new model in 2014: the Barracuda.

Two sources suggested to Motor Trend that the successor to the Challenger will be a ‘Cuda riding on a downsized rear-wheel-drive platform. The new architecture would be shared with an Alfa Romeo sports car (to make the scheme economically feasible) and ensure that the Barracuda would be a smaller, lighter and nimbler car than the one it replaces.

As for styling, the new Barracuda could incorporate cues from the original fastback Valiant as well as the 70-74 model (which rode on a shorter version of the Challenger’s platform). Chrysler would most likely give it a notchback to better facilitate a convertible model, something the current Challenger lacks.

Just what brand the Barracuda would be sold under is still a unanswered question. Plymouth is not coming back from the dead. It could be badged as a Dodge , although “Dodge Barracuda” just doesn’t sound quite right. Another possibility is that it could joint the Viper as an SRT model, allowing Chrysler one brand for its sports cars just as it has one brand ( Ram ) for its trucks.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/chrysler...a-in-2014.html
Old 01-10-2012, 05:21 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,823 Likes on 3,735 Posts
Old 01-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
Not a fan.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Never thought I would be able to use the :ghey: smilie in this thread, but it seems I was mistaken. Killing the Chally is :ghey:.

That said, I have no problem with the Barracuda they're proposing. Like it or not, what they're describing is more in line with the Mustang and Camaro.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^

am actually eager to see what they have to offer...
Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,825 Likes on 2,572 Posts
This will be interesting...

If they retro this I might want one...wife would kill me.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:36 AM
My first Avatar....

I really like the Chally and will be sad to see it go. However I am all about "smaller, lighter and nimbler". I hope they can keep the 392 in it.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by pttl
I really like the Chally and will be sad to see it go. However I am all about "smaller, lighter and nimbler". I hope they can keep the 392 in it.
I would love to see the 392....the boards are all shouting for a 426...haha

My guess...I wouldn't be surprised if they go turbo 6....we'll see...I think dodge/SRT will stick to their muscle roots
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
I would love to see the 392....the boards are all shouting for a 426...haha

My guess...I wouldn't be surprised if they go turbo 6....we'll see...I think dodge/SRT will stick to their muscle roots
I certainly hope so.

On a side note...there is a dealer (ford dealer) about 80 miles away, who has a Green 2011 392 with 150+ miles on it. They are offering to me at $38900. What do you think?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
fucking awesome price!!!!
$46k new
Old 01-11-2012, 11:53 AM
The Third Ball

Green with envy. Great color. Decent price.

Do eet
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,653 Likes on 13,892 Posts
Post 2012 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline

Press release...

• New 2012 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline turns up the heat with unique red-hot exterior accents, 305 horsepower and performance suspension
• New Redline Red exterior striping paired with Black Chrome 20-inch wheels with Redline Red accented lip deliver a modern muscle car look
• Standard Dark Slate Gray or new Radar Red leather performance seating
• Efficient performance: Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline features the 3.6-liter aluminum Pentastar V-6 engine delivering 305 horsepower and 27 highway mpg paired with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters
• Available this April with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $28,745 (excluding $925 destination)
• With more than 1,000 registered vehicles, the seventh annual Spring Festival of LXs is the largest owner gathering of Dodge Chargers, Dodge Challengers, Dodge Magnums and Chrysler 300s in North America

March 23, 2012 , Irvine, Calif. - Evolving into the largest homecoming of modern Dodge rear-wheel-drive performance cars, the seventh annual Spring Festival of LXs marked the perfect opportunity to reveal the new 2012 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline. With its powerful and efficient 305 horsepower engine, paddle-shifting transmission, performance suspension designed to maximize the muscle car’s near 50/50 weight distribution for improved handling, and all-new red hot styling enhancements — this new Challenger delivers exactly what Dodge fans want.

“Infused with Dodge DNA, the new Challenger Rallye Redline adds even more excitement to our iconic muscle car, and to show our appreciation to our most hard-core enthusiasts, we revealed this new model at Spring Fest,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO, Dodge Brand — Chrysler Group LLC. “With its unique Redline Red accented exterior details, available Radar Red leather, performance suspension and brakes, and 305 horsepower V-6 with paddle shifters getting 27 mpg – this new Challenger fuses the nameplate’s iconic heritage with modern Dodge styling and performance.”

New red hot styling details

Based on the 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus, the new Challenger Rallye Redline model adds even more ‘bad boy’ attitude and head-turning style to the brand’s iconic coupe.

Flanking the center of the Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline’s performance hood scoops, roof and deck lid is its signature Redline Red stripe with two thin side stripes for added detail. A body-color painted deck-lid spoiler adds to the performance look, while continuing the Redline Red triple stripe pattern at the center.

Filling the wheel wells, the Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline features new 20-inch Black Chrome wheels with a Redline Red lip and inner drum for a one-of-a-kind look. In addition, wider P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires provide greater contact with the road and a lower sidewall profile for improved steering precision and at-the-limit handling.

All-new to the Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline model is the availability of heated front performance seats in Radar Red leather. In addition, Dodge Challenger’s class-exclusive seating for five may be wrapped in Dark Slate Gray leather.

The Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline is available in four colors, including Bright Silver Metallic, Tungsten Metallic, Bright White and Pitch Black.

Track-tuned performance

The new 2012 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline combines world-class ride and refinement with its 305 horsepower aluminum Pentastar V-6 engine and track-tuned performance suspension to deliver a thrilling driving experience.

The Dodge Challenger’s 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine features a cold-air induction system and dual exhausts from the headers back to the exhaust tips for maximum output. The result is 305 track-ready horsepower (227 kW) at 6,350 rpm and a responsive 268 lb.-ft. (363 N•m) of torque at 4,800 rpm. The engine’s torque exceeds 90 percent of its peak value from 1,800 to 6,400 rpm, which provides outstanding drivability and responsiveness. Thanks to its all-aluminum design, the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine provides the new Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline with a 52.4 / 47.6 front-to-rear weight distribution for improved balance and handling.

Enabling even more spirited driving with its five-speed Auto Stick transmission are die-cast zinc steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters. Race-inspired with precision feel, Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline’s paddle shifters are ergonomically located behind the sporty thick-rimmed three-spoke Dodge steering wheel for maximum control.

And to deliver improved all around acceleration, the Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline replaces its 2.65:1 rear-axle ratio for a more responsive 3.06:1 unit.

Upping the ante, the Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline features the Super Sport Group as standard equipment and includes: performance-tuned suspension with 42 percent firmer front and 22 percent firmer rear monotube shocks. A larger 1.18-inch (30 mm) front and a 0.78-inch (20 mm) rear-sway bar replace 1.06-inch (27 mm) and 0.62-inch (16 mm) bars, respectively and add to the Dodge Challenger’s cornering capabilities. A performance-tuned steering calibration delivers 25 percent quicker steering and 20 percent heavier on-center feel. Topping off the handling upgrade are larger and wider 20 x 8.0-inch (replacing 18 x 7.5-inch) wheels with wider P245/45R20 all-season performance tires (replacing P235/55R18 tires).

Making sure the Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline delivers world-class levels of stopping power, larger performance disc brakes replace the standard set. At the front, dual-piston front calipers replace single-piston units and larger 13.6 x 1.26-inch (345 x 28 mm) vented rotors replace 12.6 x 1.1-inch (320 x 28 mm) vented rotors. At the rear, 12.6 x 0.87-inch (320 x 22 mm) vented rotors replace 12.6 x 0.4-inch (320 x 10 mm) solid rotors.

Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline also includes a tremendous level of standard equipment found on every 2012 Challenger SXT Plus, including: Uconnect™ hands-free phone, six Boston Acoustic Speakers with 276-watt amplifier, premium Nappa leather faced seats, heated front seats, SIRIUS/XM satellite radio with 12-month subscription, fog lamps, dual exhausts, automatic temperature control, power 10-way driver’s seat, cruise control, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Keyless Enter ‘n Go, and six standard airbags.

Just in time for spring

The new Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline is available for ordering now and arrives at Dodge dealerships this April with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $28,745 (excluding $925 destination).

About Spring Festival of LXs

Evolving into one of the largest gatherings of Chrysler and Dodge car owners in North America, the seventh annual Spring Festival of LXs in Irvine, Calif., is a celebration of approximately 1,000 of the most “tricked out” Chrysler 300s, Dodge Chargers, Dodge Challengers and Dodge Magnums.

Chrysler and Dodge LX (original vehicle platform code for Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Magnum) vehicles are some of the most customized and accessorized vehicles in the country. Chrysler and Dodge LX owners are also some of the most active in online forums, and the Spring Festival of LXs turns their virtual community into reality as a large meet-and-greet owner opportunity along with exclusive roundtable forums with the people who design, engineer and manufacture these Chrysler and Dodge vehicles.

Seven years ago, this event started as a small group and active community of online “LX” owners and forum users. Today, the Spring Festival of LXs has expanded into a collaboration that includes Chrysler Group’s California Business Center, aftermarket vendors, vehicle displays and family-friendly fun with music, food and prizes. For more information, visit www.socallx.com

About the Dodge Challenger

The 2012 Dodge Challenger delivers exactly what muscle car enthusiasts want — a powerful and efficient engine lineup, a performance suspension designed for maximum grip, and athletic head-turning styling — all executed with quality and precision.

The Dodge Challenger SXT models package feature the lightweight, aluminum 3.6-liter Pentastar™ V-6 engine with 305 horsepower (227 kW), responsive 268 lb.-ft. (363 N•m) of torque and up to 27 mpg highway. With legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engines under their hoods, the 2012 Challenger R/T models delivers up to 375 horsepower (280 kW), 410 lb.-ft. (556 N•m) of torque and 25 mpg highway.

With customization options, including hood-to-fender stripes, dual stripes, bodyside stripes, nostalgic paint colors and a choice of seven different wheel designs, Dodge Challenger sits apart from the pack and perfectly combines fun, nostalgia and power in one car.

All-new die-cast zinc steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters enable even more spirited driving and are now available on Dodge Challenger SXT Plus package and R/T models with five-speed Auto Stick transmission.

Innovative Uconnect® Media Center radios (430, 430N and 730N) integrate a 6.5-inch touchscreen display with a 20 to 28-gigabyte hard drive for additional storage, USB port with iPod control, segment-leading Garmin® navigation guidance and mapping, SIRIUS Traffic and SIRIUS Travel Link, providing real-time weather, fuel prices and more while on the go (depending on model). The 2012 Dodge Challenger also offers a world-class 900-watt, 18-speaker premium surround-sound system from Harman Kardon®.

To make long cruises more comfortable, the 2012 Dodge Challenger features highly cushioned and comfortably contoured seating, while maintaining large bolsters to hold passengers in place during performance driving. To make it easy for up to three passengers to get in and out of the backseat, the driver’s seat features seatback tilt- with memory and an easy-to-reach release handle, while the front-passenger seat includes tilt-and-slide with memory.

Dodge Challenger offers exceptional rear seating for a two-door coupe, achieving best-in-class rear head room (37.4 inches) and legroom (32.6 inches) compared with its competition. With class-exclusive seating for five, coupled with best-in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.), the Dodge Challenger is the segment’s best day-to-day pony-car choice, offering maximum comfort and functionality to go with its legendary iconic styling and performance.

The 2012 Dodge Challenger features more than 45 safety and security features, including standard ESC, now integrating Chrysler Group’s new proprietary Ready Alert Braking and Rain Brake Support safety features to improve overall vehicle handling and performance both on and off the track.

In addition, Dodge Challenger was awarded Cars.com’s “2012 Shopper’s Choice Award,” representing their favorite car of the year, and Polk’s “Automotive Loyalty Award” in the sports car segment for the second year in a row.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 04-05-2012, 11:35 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
not digging the interiors but the exterior is just
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 AM
The Third Ball

They debuted the other week while we were at spring fest.

its cool if you are looking at a a nicer v6 model...but meh.

enough of the special "look" editions. Get to the good stuff...performance variants.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Currently Post-Acura

Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts
Sorry, but that shifter just looks stupid. if it was a straight back gear selector, then the knob (handle) would be ok. But with the gated selector, that just looks retarded
Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by MaxMike93
Sorry, but that shifter just looks stupid. if it was a straight back gear selector, then the knob (handle) would be ok. But with the gated selector, that just looks retarded
While I don't disagree with you, thats a classic mopar t handle shifter.

Its actually a very popular accessory that a lot of the guys with automatics buy.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
While I don't disagree with you, thats a classic mopar t handle shifter.

Its actually a very popular accessory that a lot of the guys with automatics buy.

I would have loved to see that without the gated shifter. The handle by itself would have been just fine.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Love the exterior!

Interior is so low rent looking....it's a shame.

Perhaps they will get it right on the Cuda
Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I saw pictures of a 2012 Challenger with the new Red interior. It made the interior look 100x better.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 AM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Love the exterior!

Interior is so low rent looking....it's a shame.

Perhaps they will get it right on the Cuda
I've been in the 12 Challys. The interior might look low rent in pics, though I don't think that, BUT they feel very nice in person. If the Chally wasn't so big a car, I'd be in one today.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2013 Dodge Challenger RT Redline

Press release...

While ice cold winter weather sweeps across Lake Shore Drive, the Dodge brand heats up the 2013 Chicago Auto Show by building on Challenger’s red-hot record selling year, and now at the show, the introduction of the new Challenger R/T Redline with modern muscle-car cues, a potent HEMI® V-8 engine throwing down 375 horsepower and a performance-tuned chassis for world-class dynamics — this new Challenger delivers exactly what Dodge fans want.

“Building on Challenger’s all-time sales record in 2012, the new Challenger R/T Redline fuses our iconic heritage with a one-of-a-kind customized appearance,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO – Dodge Brand. “Featuring unique body-side stripes and black chrome wheels with red accents, the new R/T Redline combines unmatched personalization with the unmistakable performance of the legendary HEMI V-8.”

The new 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Redline builds on the success of the 305 horsepower V-6 Challenger Rallye Redline model that arrived in the middle of the 2012 model year.

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Redline

Based on the 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T — America’s most affordable V-8 muscle car at $29,995 MSRP — or R/T Plus, the new Challenger R/T Redline adds even more attitude and style with a right-from-the-factory custom look to the brand’s iconic coupe.

Following Dodge Challenger’s signature A-line bodyside character line, an all-new two-color Redline Red and Graphite stripe runs from behind the front wheel arches to the tail. For a distinctive look, the rear-quarter section of the stripe features the “Redline” name in Red over Graphite color scheme. For a distinctive look, the R/T Redline features a body-color grille surround.

Filling the wheel wells, the Dodge Challenger R/T Redline features 20-inch Black Chrome wheels with a Redline Red lip and inner backbone for a one-of-a-kind look. For even more performance and driving precision at-the-limit handling, the available Super Track Pak adds Goodyear Eagle F1 P245/45R20 three-season performance tires, high-performance brake linings and a lowered ride height.

With its two-color stripe and four available exterior colors, including Billet Silver, Granite Crystal, Bright White and Pitch Black, each new Dodge Challenger R/T Redline will stand out from the crowd. Dodge Challenger R/T Redline features a Dark Slate Gray interior with Dark Slate Gray (R/T) performance seats, or premium Nappa leather performance seats in Radar Red or Dark Slate Gray (R/T Plus). Automatic transmission models also feature bright pedals, a Mopar® T-Handle shifter and remote start.

HEMI Power

For the performance enthusiast, the 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Redline features the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine that delivers up to 375 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque and gets up to 25 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway. When paired with the track-proven Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission, the Dodge Challenger R/T delivers smooth shifts, while delivering even more power through unique performance-tuned dual exhaust and under-floor mufflers with low-restriction bottle resonators. The result, 0-60 mph runs in the low-5-second range and a sinister exhaust growl for the cars left in its rear-view mirror; a trademark of the original Challenger HEMI from more than 43 years ago.

The 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine is also available with a five-speed automatic transmission producing 372 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque. In addition, this version of the engine includes Chrysler Group’s innovative Fuel Saver Technology to seamlessly transition to high-fuel-economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand. And for even more control, steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters with “sport mode” transmission calibration are included.

Loaded with standard features

Dodge Challenger R/T Redline also includes a tremendous level of standard equipment found on every 2013 Challenger R/T, including the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with cold-air induction delivering up to 375 horsepower, Tremec six-speed manual transmission, performance-tuned suspension, performance-disc brakes, performance-tuned steering calibration, Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth, console-mounted USB port with iPod control and auxiliary audio input jack, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 12-months subscription, automatic headlamps, LED-illuminated instrument cluster with 160-mph primary speedometer, instrument panel with mini-carbon bezel, fog lamps, “R/T” grille badge, “HEMI” hood badges and rear body-color deck-lid spoiler. Remote start, bright pedals and Mopar T-handle shifter are also included with the five-speed automatic transmission.

For drivers who want even more premium refinement and details, the new Dodge Challenger R/T Redline can also be built on the 2013 Challenger R/T Plus, which includes premium Nappa leather seating in Dark Slate Gray or Radar Red, heated front seats, six Boston Acoustics premium speakers with 276-watt amplifier, ParkSense rear park assist, power heated mirrors, Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) with temperature gauge, location specific tire-pressure monitoring and compass, vehicle security alarm, and HomeLink universal transceiver. Remote start, bright pedals and Mopar T-handle shifter are also included with the five-speed automatic transmission.

Just in time for spring

The 2013 Dodge Challenger with R/T Redline Group is available for ordering now and arrives at dealerships this April with a U.S. MSRP of $1,995. When configured on the Challenger R/T or R/T Plus models, the MSRPs are $31,990 and $33,990 respectively (both prices exclude $995 destination)
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 02-10-2013, 11:14 PM
The Third Ball

I think the news of the "Core" SRT models for the 300, Challenger, and of course the Super Bee is more interesting news.

"stripped" models coming in at much lower price points.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2014 Dodge Challenger SRT

Press release...

The 2014 Dodge Challenger SRT offers high-tech performance features to solidify its place as the brand’s ultimate modern American rear-wheel-drive muscle coupe. This 470 horsepower machine promises a balanced performance approach with outstanding straight-line acceleration, world-class ride and handling, high-performance braking and the most up-to-date technologies that deliver more driver excitement and control. And it still delivers up to 23 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway.

The 2014 Challenger SRT accelerates from 0-60 mph in the high 4-second range; runs the quarter mile in mid-12-second range with the automatic transmission (high 12-second range with the manual); goes from 0-100-0 mph in the low 15s, reaches a top speed of 182 mph with the manual transmission (175 mph with the automatic) and stops from 60-0 mph in just 117 feet.

Awe-inspiring powertrain

The 392-cubic inch, 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 delivers 470 horsepower (351 kW) and 470 lb.-ft. (637 N•m) of torque. The torque band is extremely flat allowing for strong standing starts and improved straight-line performance throughout the rpm range. An advanced active intake manifold along with high-lift cam with phasing provides maximum low-end torque and high-end power while still delivering 23 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway with the standard manual transmission or available automatic transmission.

Performance-tuned engine mounts improve idle stability and ride control at all speeds.

Standard Fuel Saver Technology (four-cylinder mode) in automatic transmission equipped models allows the engine to operate economically on four cylinders or use the power of all eight cylinders when needed. The EPA fuel economy mpg city and highway ratings for the 2014 Challenger SRT are 14/23 for manual or automatic transmission models.

A look under the hood reveals unique valve covers with painted silver ribs and the “392 HEMI” logo, which gives the engine a unique, clean and aggressive look.

The 2014 Challenger SRT features a standard Tremec TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission and a dual-disc high-performance clutch – a proven performer that was first offered on the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10.
The optional five-speed automatic transmission features standard steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters and the center console mounted Auto Stick, allowing for a choice of spirited shifting on both the road and the racetrack. Both methods give the driver the ability to manually select specific gears on the transmission.

In “Drive,” the transmission controller will automatically shift the vehicle. The aggressiveness of the shifting is defined by the mode chosen - either “Normal” or “Track.” Fully adaptive electronic control of all shifting makes the powertrain more responsive while minimizing harshness.
In “Manual,” the shift method is defined by the driver, choosing to use either paddle shift or Auto Stick. The “Track” mode adds a hold function to the calibration in all gears, allowing the driver full control of the shifting schedule.
Outstanding ride, handling and capability

An available adaptive damping suspension (ADS) system offers two modes and is tuned specifically for the Challenger SRT to provide an everyday performance ride or a much firmer racetrack capable damping for more challenging driving situations.

Challenger SRTs with automatic transmissions and ADS are able to achieve three different vehicle modes: Auto, Sport and Track.
In “Auto” mode, a wide range of on-road and driver inputs – such as vehicle speed, steering angle, steering speed, brake torque, throttle position and longitudinal/lateral/vertical accelerations – automatically tune the suspension for specific conditions.

In “Sport” mode, the damping system rebound and compression is locked to a higher damping rate. Drivers can easily choose between settings with a press of a button on the center stack to quickly change the shock damping characteristics from “Auto,” for everyday commuting, to “Sport,” for more spirited driving situations.

In “Track” mode, the higher damping rates from the Sport mode combine with a performance shifting and gear holding feature that allows the driver full shift control when using the steering wheel mounted paddle controls or AutoStick.
The ADS system on the Challenger SRT features the fastest turn-in and most nimble handling characteristics of any of the 6.4-liter SRT products. In the “Sport” or “Track” settings, the system provides the highest damping rates, allowing the driver to push the handling envelope to the extreme.

A new for 2014, standard launch control system on both manual transmission and automatic transmission equipped models helps maximize straight-line acceleration.

On the manual transmission model:

When the vehicle is at a complete stop, the driver engages the system by pressing the electronic stability control (ESC) button twice and then depresses the clutch and quickly applies full throttle. Launch control holds the engine at the desired rpm and waits for the driver to release the clutch. Through the SRT-exclusive, Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) screen, the driver can adjust the launch rpm from 2500-4500 in 250 rpm increments, allowing for optimal launches in various conditions. Launch control then uses engine torque management to achieve controlled wheelslip for maximum acceleration up to 62 mph (100 kph).

On the automatic transmission model:

When the vehicle is at a complete stop, the driver engages the system by pressing the ESC button twice and then with their foot securely on the brake, quickly applies full throttle. Launch control holds the engine at optimal launch rpm (1,825) and waits for the driver to release the brake. Launch control then uses engine torque management to achieve controlled wheel slip for maximum acceleration up to 62 mph (100 kph).

The performance SRT-tuned, fully hydraulic steering system uses a heavy-duty pump and unique gearing to give drivers more direct feel and on-center response.

Sitting a half-inch lower than non-SRT models, the 2014 Challenger SRT Core rides on cast aluminum 20 x 9-inch aluminum wheels and the Challenger SRT Premium rides on five-spoke, 20 x 9-inch lightweight forged aluminum wheels with satin black painted pockets. Split five-spoke, 20 x 9-inch lightweight forged and polished aluminum wheels with the SRT-exclusive Black Vapor Chrome finish are optional in both price classes.

Standard Goodyear RSA All-Season tires or available Goodyear F1 Supercar Three-Season complement the performance design cues and deliver serious gripping performance and handling.

The handling result is .90g capability on the skid pad – the most of any production Challenger and on par with some of the world’s best-handling performance coupes.

Benchmark braking

The standard SRT performance brake package produces world-class stopping power of 60 to 0 mph in just 117 feet from 14.2-inch (front) and 13.8-inch (rear) vented/slotted rotors with four-piston Brembo fixed calipers. The three-mode ESC with knockback mitigation also includes four-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS), all-speed traction control, electronic brake-force distribution, Brake Assist and Hill-start Assist.

The Ready Alert Braking system anticipates when the driver quickly releases the accelerator pedal and may initiate an emergency brake stop, after which the ESC pump engages to set brake pads against rotors in order to decrease the time required for full brake application.

Improved brake cooling and fade performance comes courtesy of wind tunnel designed brake cooling ducts that direct airflow to the vented rotors for consistent stopping power.

Aggressive and functional exterior

The exterior styling of the 2014 Challenger SRT remains instantly recognizable with proportions that continue to evoke a bold, performance coupe that has a wide, stable stance on the road.

The large front splitter and integrated front fender spats and body color rear deck-lid spoiler provide stable high-speed aerodynamics and overall balance while the front fascia chin spoiler also improves aerodynamics and is accented in black for a more aggressive look. The front grille features a bright grille surround.

For 2014, available exterior colors include: Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Bright White Clear Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Pearl Coat, Jazz Blue Pearl Coat, Pitch Black Clear Coat, Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl, Redline Tri-coat Pearl, Plum Crazy Pearl Coat, TorRed Clear Coat and Header Orange Clear Coat. Dual, full-body stripes are available in black, grey metallic, red and silver metallic.

“392” decals on the SRT Core model and unique “392 HEMI” badges on the Premium model flank both fenders touting the historically significant V-8 engine that remains true to its high-performance roots and powers the highest-rated Challenger in terms of horsepower and torque ratings. From the rear, the four-inch rectangular exhaust tips deliver the 392’s performance exhaust note while adding the styling cue of a serious muscle car.

Race-inspired and high-performance interior

The race-inspired interior begins with a leather wrapped, heated, SRT-exclusive steering wheel that features a unique satin chrome rim section with a flattened bottom surface that showcases the SRT logo. The optional automatic transmission includes paddle shift controls on both sides of the contoured palm rests. All audio and EVIC controls are accessible from the horizontal spokes on the steering wheel.

The trapezoidal instrument panel features a four-bomb gauge cluster with chromed accent rings and unique SRT graphics. Inside the cluster, the EVIC with performance pages provides the driver with trip information, multimedia information from the Media Center radio, along with instant feedback on 0-60 mph time, 60-0 mph braking, G-forces, one-eighth mile and quarter-mile times.
Power lumbar-equipped front seats are standard. The driver’s seat features seatback tilt with memory and an easy to reach release handle, while the front-passenger seat adds tilt and slide with memory, which makes it even easier for passengers to get in and out of the back seat.

Interior color combinations for 2014 include Dark Slate Gray and Radar Red/Dark Slate Gray, which adds color to the seats, door bolsters and rear seat armrest.

Challenger SRT Core model

The SRT brand recently expanded its “Core SRT” vehicle strategy by offering the Core model, which includes exclusive content, including the standard premium ‘Ballistic’ cloth interior from the new SRT Viper, SRT-tuned sport suspensions and distinctive exterior accents. The Core models are designed and built with the back-to-basics performance-driving enthusiast in mind.

The Challenger SRT Core model features a 6.4-liter badge on the front fenders, 20-inch cast-aluminum wheels with black painted pockets and standard black Brembo brake calipers. On the inside of the new Core model, the SRT seats have black surfaces using the same premium “Ballistic” cloth inserts from the SRT Viper and are flanked by aggressive bolsters and door bolster inserts. Various matte carbon and piano black accents surround the instrument panel, door bezels and center console.
Safety and security

The 2014 Challenger SRT features more than 35 advanced safety and security features, including standard Keyless Enter-N-Go and three-mode ESC with segment-exclusive Ready Alert Braking and Rain Brake Support safety features to improve overall vehicle handling and performance.
In addition, standard front-row reactive head restraints, standard full-length side-curtain air bags, driver’s knee bag and standard front seat-mounted side-thorax air bags offer enhanced occupant protection to passengers in the event of a collision.

Connectivity

For maximum convenience and to keep passengers connected, a wide array of connectivity and mobile multimedia options are available on the 2014 Challenger SRT.

The available innovative Uconnect Media Center 430, 430N and 730N radios integrate a 6.5-inch touchscreen display, with a hard drive where music and photos can be stored. Uconnect Media Center radios also offer two navigation options, including: segment-leading Garmin Navigation guidance and mapping (Uconnect Media Center 430N), or premium GPS Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic (Uconnect Media Center 730N). Both navigation solutions feature SiriusXM Travel Link, providing real-time weather, fuel prices and more while on the go.

The 2014 Challenger SRT features an available 900-watt, 18-speaker premium SRT performance audio surround-sound system from Harman Kardon. The system offers world premier innovation, featuring a 32-volt TPS (Tracking Power Supply) 12-channel Class D amplifier that delivers outstanding acoustics and brings multi-dimensional, quality sound for all interior occupants.

The system uses GreenEdge speaker and amplifier technology to offer superior sound quality and high Sound Pressure Level outputs with minimum energy consumption. GreenEdge amplifiers alone outperform traditional amplifier efficiency by up to 55 percent, representing a net efficiency of more than 90 percent in some cases. The speakers are tuned for maximum efficiency and perfectly matched to the amplifier output.

The system’s 18 GreenEdge ultra-lightweight, high-efficiency speakers include:

Seven 3.5-inch Unity coaxial mid-range speakers with seven integrated tweeters located in the front dash, rear doors and rear deck
Two 6 x 9-inch subwoofers located in the front doors
Two 10-inch subwoofers in a trunk-mounted enclosure
The 2014 Challenger SRT is built at the Brampton Assembly plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

392’s Storied History

The original 392 HEMI engine was introduced in the new 1957 model year Chrysler and Imperial products. It replaced the 354 cubic-inch version of the original HEMI launched in 1951.Compared with the 354 engine, the 392 was completely revised and improved, with larger valves and ports, a beefier block and crankshaft and improved bearings. In short, the 392 HEMI, often affectionately referred to simply as the “92,” was perfect for drag racing.

More than a few racers at that time immediately enhanced the performance of the newest HEMI by bolting on six or eight carburetors, installing new camshafts, etc., and went racing.

Racing legend Don ‘Big Daddy” Garlits ran a 392 in his infamous Swamp Rat I dragster at record speeds of faster than 180 mph on nitro with no supercharger. Garlits also used a 392 HEMI to officially break the 200-mph barrier when his Swamp Rat went 201.34 mph at Atco, N.J., in 1964.

But the 392’s success went beyond the drag strip. It also set records at the Bonneville Salt Flats and in boat racing. Drag racing boats were no different than their land-based counterparts in the use of the 392. Famous HEMI engine builder Keith Black was better known on the water than on the land, until he teamed up with Tommy Greer and hired Don “The Snake” Prudhomme to dominate Top Fuel in California in the early 1960s using a 392 HEMI.

After 1958, the 392 HEMI was gone as a production engine, but it still remains a legend. Collectors are now preserving many historic 392-powered race cars and hot rods and proudly displaying them on show car circuits.

In 2007, Mopar – Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand – helped celebrate the 50th anniversary of the original 392 by launching a modern, crate engine version of the 392 HEMI.

In 2011, Dodge introduced the Challenger SRT 392 for the street featuring the new 470 horsepower, 392-cubic inch HEMI V-8; an engine with a famous name but engineered as a decidedly high-tech, modern masterpiece with active intake manifold, variable cam timing and Fuel Saver technology (four-cylinder mode). During the model year, only 1,492 Inaugural Edition models were built with exclusive interior and exterior appointments.

SRT Track Experience

Owners of any Chrysler Group SRT vehicle receive one day of professional driving instruction as part of the SRT Track Experience, designed to maximize their driving knowledge and skills on the street or track. Sessions are held throughout the year at selected tracks.

About SRT

The Chrysler Group’s SRT (Street and Racing Technology) brand uses a successful product development formula featuring five proven hallmarks: awe-inspiring powertrains; outstanding ride, handling and capability; benchmark braking; aggressive and functional exteriors and race-inspired and high-performance interiors to remain true to its performance roots.

The 2014 SRT lineup features five vehicles that are world-class performance contenders and bring the latest in safety technologies and creature comforts. The Chrysler 300 SRT, Dodge Challenger SRT, Dodge Charger SRT and Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT join the flagship SRT Viper, which made its highly anticipated return to the high-performance sports car market in 2013.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 09-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Nice car, but im not a fan of the glow gauges look, Makes it Looks cheap now compared to the techy and crisp look of many other gauges out there.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
I test drove a Core Challenger last month. No leather which I loved, It was a little more noisy inside as well. Still too much $. $39K the dealer wanted with zero wiggle room. The only thing they would do was the 0% financing Dodge was giving.

I love my glow gauges! Rather have all 1 color then a Christmas tree.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Man is it me or do those stock wheels on those models just not look wide enough? I figure for a car for 38K + it would have some wider wheels on it since it is the SRT model.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:41 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Car is in SERIOUS need of an interior redesign.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 PM

Received 5,885 Likes on 2,900 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Car is in SERIOUS need of an interior redesign.
+1
Old 09-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

+2
Old 09-23-2013, 10:46 PM
The Third Ball

should be 2015

I still like it and enjoy mine
Old 09-24-2013, 05:33 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent interior; much better than the Mustang and Camaro. But, I would've thought they could've migrated the new center stack over before 2015. If not in 2011 when the 2G Charger came out (and they brought the steering wheel over), at least 2012. I heavily considered the Challenger, and the lack of the 8.4 was one of the reasons I got the Charger.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:58 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Don't get me wrong, it's a decent interior; much better than the Mustang and Camaro. But, I would've thought they could've migrated the new center stack over before 2015. If not in 2011 when the 2G Charger came out (and they brought the steering wheel over), at least 2012. I heavily considered the Challenger, and the lack of the 8.4 was one of the reasons I got the Charger.
I, too, am surprised they have at least upgraded to the 8.4 or at least even more upgraded materials.

That said...the 2015 is supposed to be a redesign...including the hellcat motor (6.2 Supercharged)

they are supposed to debut the car at the Spring Fest of LX next year...I could make it this year...but I sure as shit hope I can go next year.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker

From here: http://www.supercars.net/cars/6225.h...PhtFJSHqoBm.99

Injecting a fresh shot of heritage into the Challenger lineup, the new 2014 R/T Shaker model features unique throwback muscle-car cues that link directly to Dodge brand’s performance legacy.

As the model name suggests, the legendary “cold-air grabbing” Shaker not only looks good with its Satin Black center-mounted hood scoop, snorkeling up from the engine compartment, it also directs cooler air back into the HEMI® V-8 engine. And like the original 1970 Challenger R/T with the Shaker hood, the new 2014 model continues the Dodge tradition of an engine-mounted hood scoop that “shakes” with the powertrain’s movement.

Designed for muscle-car buffs who can’t help but tinker with their toys, the Challenger R/T Shaker features the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine producing over 400 lb.-ft. of torque, with a functional Shaker hood with Mopar cold-air intake, conical air filter and optimized air box for improved airflow and performance. Lift the hood and enthusiasts will also be treated to an under-hood “Shaker” badge – reminiscent of the 1970s original.

In addition to its driver-selectable sport-mode powertrain calibration, performance-tuned suspension, four-wheel disc brakes and steering calibration, the Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker includes the Super Track Pak, with high-performance steering gear, brake linings and monotube shock absorbers, P245/45R20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Car three-season tires and three-mode electronic stability control (ESC) with “full off” mode. All-season performance tires are available at no extra charge.

The new engine setup provides a new factory-designed foundation to maximize three all-new Dodge “Scat Packages,” enabling customers to unleash even more power from their Challenger R/T Shaker.

For a dynamically striking look, a new “Shaker style” Satin Black hood, roof and deck-lid stripe graphics visually translate this Dodge Challenger model’s name, while a Satin Black deck-lid spoiler provides the added downforce needed for 155 mph max-speed runs. For contrast, a body-color grille surround and Gloss Black fuel-filler door are added, while all-new 20 x 8-inch polished-face aluminum wheels with black pockets and a satin “matte” clear coat feature a sculptured five-spoke design. For added detail, “Shaker” badges flank both sides of the hood scoop, while “HEMI” fender badges and a new “Challenger” grille badge in classic script completes the iconic exterior.

On the inside, the new Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker features a unique three-spoke flat-bottom leather-wrapped performance steering wheel with black accent finish and integrated vehicle controls. Corresponding with the steering wheel is a unique “K-Black” painted instrument panel and center-console bezel for a discrete look. Matching the “Shaker” numbered dash plaque are door bolsters with graduated accent stitching that mirrors the logo’s artistic reverberation. High-performance front seats with aggressive bolsters in premium Nappa Leather in Dark Slate Gray with Sepia accent stitching or Radar Red with Radar Red stitching, feature the “Shaker” logo embroidered on the seat back, along with unique graduated horizontal plow-throughs. For additional detail, the center console armrest is also leather wrapped and finished with accent thread. The aluminum pistol-grip shifter mated to a track-proven Tremec six-speed manual transmission is standard, while a black leather-wrapped shift-knob and die-cast paddle shifters on the back of the steering wheel are available for those who opt for the performance-tuned five-speed automatic.

Adding to the customized interior environment, with one press of the start button, the Shaker logo appears on the available 6.5-inch Uconnect touchscreen.

The new 2014 Challenger R/T Shaker will arrive at Dodge dealerships in the first-quarter of 2014 with pricing for this very well-equipped model starting at just $36,995 U.S. MSRP ($37,495 with the custom one-of-a-kind hood-to-tail stripes), representing a walk of only $2,500 from the Challenger R/T Classic for all of the unique features of this limited production model.

The new Challenger R/T Shaker is available in Billet Silver Metallic, Bright White, Pitch Black, Plum Crazy, TorRed and vibrant Header Orange.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 11-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Shaker Mopar version...

Old 11-06-2013, 04:58 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Orange and black look pretty hot!

Quick Reply: Dodge: Challenger News