Dealer said No A-Spec for 2004

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003 | 02:18 AM
Advanced

Dealer said No A-Spec for 2004

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time post. Went out to see the new TL today. Must say the green looks very nice (wish it was available with quartz interior).

I knew more about the car than all the sales guys so ended up talking to the fleet manager. After going over a ton of details, he said the A-Spec was just a rumor and will not be available. No Brembo's for ATs. No stiffer springs.

He did say the 18's, body molding, spoiler similar to the 03, and new trunk lip that you have seen in the pics will all be available. I saw the factory option pages of these items with factory pictures.

So I want to know if this fleet manager was wrong. Would someone please confirm if the A-Spec will be an option? If so, when will it be available and what specifically will it include?

FYI- New things I noticed:
-Lighted and powered storage compartment under armrest in center consol.

-Rubberized storage spots about 3/4" deep by 2" long in each front door in leading edge of map holder.

-Cup holders for rear seat slide out from front of rear arm rest.

-Smaller trunk seemed big enough especially since the hinge arms are enclosed.

-The upper compartment in the center consol in front of the shifter was much larger than others indicated. About 6" deep, 5" wide, 1.5" tall. Lower compartment about 3" deep, 3-4" wide with power port.

-Side and rear markers are LED too. A mod to make the side marker blink when turn signal is on would look hot.

-Fleet manager said new buyers must sign a waiver that acknowledges that there are no side turn signal indicators.

-I chose not to test drive the car at this time because I was pressed for time but I was pleasantly surprised by the low thrum of the engine when I turned the key. The engine sounds bigger than it is.

-Nice puddle lights in front doors that shine forward and down. No door/puddle lights for rear doors.
Old 10-07-2003 | 06:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Pretty much old news, I wonder if your data about A-Spec is accurate.

As for the center compartments, I do not care if the top one is 80" deep, it is still IMO wortless, unless you are carrying a VHS tape.

Where do I store DVD-A's that I use to show off the system?
Old 10-07-2003 | 07:53 AM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Yep, the people at my dealer were not at all knowledgeable. First a "business guy" was out showing a couple a TSX and didn't know how much horsepower it had.

Then another guy I was talking to about the TL didn't know how the low beam / high beam / fog lights were arranged, or that the side marker doesn't blink. Hopefully I taught him some things.
Old 10-07-2003 | 09:20 AM
Advanced

It doesn't really matter when the A=spec is released it just a large dealer installed package, you can always add it later.

The RSX is getting the same sort of thing. Our dealership is getting one of the first RSX kits next month but I haven't heard much about the TL Aspec package besides there is going to be one.