The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Poor design.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M TYPE X
The Saturn Aura looks better.
Have you seen one on the road? I think the Aura looks great in person.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98CLChick
Have you seen one on the road? I think the Aura looks great in person.
Not yet. I'm more likely to see an 80s Mitsubishi Colt down here.
I miss the prototypes, the potholes, the Coneys ... I went to A&W yesterday, but it's not the same. But I'm sure Michigan will still be there when I go back home.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brandi
My family has has serious issues with Chrysler period.. maybe that should tell everyone something!
Oh, that was YOUR trailer park?! I mistook it for the local Chrysler dealer!!!

Mopar trailerpark joke FTW!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have a feeling that although the interior design looks good, the quality of the materials will be subpar.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Woah, this car gets a 6-spd auto and 18s? =o

It might look odd in pictures but that's some seriously strong content at that price range.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Chrysler used to be the king of auto styling. I think they are going downhill now with these ribbed hoods.

This car. In the front I see a platipus Saab nose with BMW 5-series-like headlights. Overall - quite ugly. The rear is like Saturn Ion which is ont of the ugliest cars out there.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ruski
Chrysler used to be the king of auto styling. I think they are going downhill now with these ribbed hoods.

The rear is worse, though, here.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:26 PM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it looks aweful.

all they had to do was make a 300 minime.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Drifting

NEXT

Interior looked ok until i realized how much of it will be plastic.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

2007 Sebring highlights innovation inside and out - - By BRADFORD WERNLE | AUTOMOTIVE NEWS - - Source: Autoweek

Chrysler group executives hope that distinctive styling and innovative features will set the 2007 Chrysler Sebring apart from the competition.

Chrysler is positioning the Sebring as a "clear alternative to European and Japanese competition," Trevor Creed, the Chrysler group's senior vice president of design, said in a statement.

Chrysler executives say the real targets are the perennial leaders of the medium segment - the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. The current Sebring and its sibling, the Dodge Stratus, are also-rans to their Japanese competitors.

The new Sebring's most striking styling feature is the grooved hood, borrowed from the Chrysler Crossfire. Additionally, the car's silhouette presents an almost hatchbacklike profile even though it is a four-door sedan.

Chrysler executives see the interior as the place where the battle for customers' hearts and wallets can be won. One high-tech option is the Harman/Kardon information, entertainment and navigation system. Music and pictures can be downloaded to the system's 20-gigabyte hard drive.

The system features what the manufacturer calls a "Thin Film Transistor" display that can support 65,000 colors, providing a 3-D appearance to graphics along with animation capability. The screen can play movies when the vehicle is stopped.

Another feature is the front cupholder, which can heat a beverage to 140 degrees or cool it to nearly freezing - 35 degrees. Also available are a remote start and an express window feature that permits lowering of the front windows by pushing a button on the key fob.

Standard Sebring safety features include front airbags, side head curtain airbags and front-seat-mounted side airbags. Electronic stability control and antilock brakes are optional.

Three engines are offered: a 172-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder; a 2.7-liter, 190-hp V-6; and a 3.5-liter, 235-hp V-6.

The four-cylinder engine is part of Chrysler's World Engine family, co-engineered with Hyundai and Mitsubishi. The engine is assembled in Dundee, Mich.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Safety Car

This car really falis to impress me. Unlike GM's midsizers (the Aura, next Malibu), and Ford's to a lesser extent (Fusion), I find nothing at all I like about the car. I'm not a fan of the interior or exterior design, and the powertrains are lackluster (except for the I4).
Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
Except the special cupholder, they're making the car out to have somehting special when all the other features are available in other cars.

Note to DCX: spelling out TFT as the display type does not make it special.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Spy Photos: 2007 Sebring Convertible - - Posted August 16, 2006 08:16 PM by Tim Beggs. - - SOurce: http://mopar.rpmplanets.com/

A little over one month ago we introduced the Sebring sedan which is expected to go on sale sometime this fall. This convertible Sebring (photos) was spotted driving around the streets of Metro Detroit. It is still fully camouflaged and the picture quality is not necessarily studio-worthy, but rather of spy caliber. Expect the front and rear end of the car to look similar to the sedan model. Most of the interior and powertrain options will be shared between the sedans and convertibles. An expected but unconfirmed feature for the new convertible will be a retractable hard top in lieu of the standard soft folding top. The convertible version should start production a few months later than the sedan in late winter or early spring of 2007.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike

That was my first reaction. Maybe with a little bit of the Saturn L Series too.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Sebring, Aspen Priced - Source: The Car Connection

Chrysler announced pricing for its two new 2007 models on Wednesday, pegging the Sebring sedan at a base price of $18,995 including destination...

The Sebring comes standard with a 173-hp four-cylinder and a four-speed automatic, as well as curtain airbags, anti-lock brakes and tire pressure monitors, and a CD player with MP3 capability. The $20,195 Touring edition adds premium trim and 17-inch wheels, while the 2.7-liter, 189-hp V-6 is an option. The Limited model begins at $23,995 and has a 235-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 coupled to a six-speed automatic standard.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Safety Car

I'm curious to see what the convertible will look like come production time. The 98' sebring vert I have has held up pretty well...still going strong at 75k.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Kabachitare!

Chrysler loads up Sebring to compete with midsize leaders

Chrysler loads up Sebring to compete with midsize leaders

Richard Williamson / Scripps Howard News Service

After redefining full-size cars with the visually stunning 300C, Chrysler is aiming for an encore with the midsize Sebring sedan.

Modeled on the 2003 Chrysler Airflite concept introduced at the Geneva motor show, Sebring is designed to look more expensive than its $18,995 base price would suggest.

Showing up in showrooms in the fourth quarter of this year, Sebring will compete with the most successful names in midsize cars, particularly the redesigned Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and updated Nissan Altima.

Sebring's segment represents roughly 12 percent of overall car and truck sales and 28 percent of the passenger-car market. With gas spikes still fresh in their memories, buyers are expected to take note of the base Sebring's fuel economy of 24 city and 32 highway miles per gallon.

Prospects for the Sebring are 35 to 55 years old and married, with a median income of about $65,000, Chrysler says. More than half the buyers are likely to be female, and 60 percent are college-educated. Many have small families.

Marketing messages for the Sebring will appeal to buyers' identities as down-to-earth, open-minded, style-conscious members of the middle class. The pool of intenders will grow with the intro of the coupe and convertible versions.

In addition to the base Sebring at $18,995, the sedan will be sold in Touring trim at $20,195 and as a Limited edition at $23,995.

Built in Chrysler's refurbished Sterling Heights assembly plant, the Sebring will offer a 2.4-liter World Engine in the base model with options for two levels of V6 power plants and a turbo-diesel outside North America.

The 173-horsepower base engine, harnessed to a four-speed automatic transmission, represents a 15 percent increase in power and an 8 percent improvement in fuel economy over the previous-generation engine.

A flexible fuel 2.7-liter V6 engine offered as an option produces 189 horsepower and 191 foot-pounds of torque. The engine can run on blended gasoline and ethanol, covering 22 mpg in the city and 30 on the highway.

The Limited engine is a 3.5-liter V6 that cranks 235 horses and 232 foot-pounds of torque. The transmission improves to a six-speed automatic. Fuel economy steps down a bit to 19 mpg city and 28 highway, which is typical for V6 engines in the class.

In addition to the styling, Chrysler expects to dazzle shoppers with options such as MyGIG, an information, entertainment and navigation audio system. The system has a 6.5-inch Thin Film Transistor Display with a touch-screen panel that can follow voice commands. A 20-gigabyte hard disc drive includes a Music Juke Box for organizing music and pictures on the hard drive. The system connects to MP3 and has a database to identify composer, artist and title. Voice memo lets you record a message up to three minutes long via the microphone on the rearview mirror.

Other notable options include cup holders that heat or cool beverages for front-seat passengers, representing the next stage in the rapid evolution of coffee-car interface. The System heats to 140 degrees Fahrenheit or cools to 35 degrees.

Standard equipment on the base model includes front and side air bags, tire-pressure monitoring system, outside temperature display, telescoping steering wheel, adjusters for lumbar support and seat height, AM/FM/CD radio with MP3 connectivity, sliding front center armrest and 60/40 split folding rear seat.

The Sebring Touring model comes with everything offered on the base model and premium seat fabric, a fold-flat passenger seat, brushed aluminum instrument panel, cluster bezels and door trim, chrome interior door handles, express-up/down windows for both the driver and passenger and express-down windows on the key fob, LED map lights, lighted visor mirrors, rear passenger assist grab handles and six speakers.

The Limited adds two-tone leather seats and leather shift knob, premium front console armrest, premium Boston Acoustics Sound System, an eight-way power driver seat, Travel Computer, Electronic Vehicle Information Center, single zone automatic temperature control, theft alarm, tortoise-shell accents on the steering wheel, instrument panel and doors, Universal Garage Door Opener, electrochromic rearview mirror, fog lamps, chrome exterior door handles, Satin Silver door handles, Limited badging, steering wheel audio controls, leather-wrapped steering wheel, eight-way power seat, 17-inch aluminum wheels and tires, and Sirius Satellite Radio.

"Chrysler Sebring features a slew of new technological features not typically found or expected in a midsize car," said David Rooney, director of Chrysler marketing and global communications. "These features make life easier and safer for the driver and passengers, while making the overall driving experience much more enjoyable for all."

Richard Williamson writes about automobiles for Scripps Howard News Service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pics at:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...610070302/1149
Old 10-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
Meh, another commodity in the crowded mid sized sedan market that is destined for the rental fleets.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Cruisin'

Front and sides look good for Chrysler, they completely messed up the rear imo.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:43 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by biker
Meh, another commodity in the crowded mid sized sedan market that is destined for the rental fleets.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Smitty's Moral Police

One thing I really like about the big 3 is the engine options, despite the fact that there engine/tranny combos usually suck. It would be nice to have engine options in our Acuras. Maybe the TL-S is setting a trend, it's one more small step to a V8 option on the MDX? Maybe not..
Old 10-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Cruisin'

high res pics:

http://www.carphotosite.com/modelpag...ring/index.php

looks kinda... ugly, opposed to most asian sedans. lmao. too american i guess.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
There are way too many lines all over it. I particularly hate that big one just under the door handles. WTF. They had a good opportunity to revamp this car, but I think they screwed it up. The features on it sound alright, but it looks like crap IMO.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Kabachitare!

New Sebring ad is also a game

It's a game, and it's an ad

Chrysler hopes to hook female Sebring buyers

BY KATIE MERX

FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

November 27, 2006

Sebring Semantics is geared toward the auto's target group. The so-called advergame describes the car's features between the rounds. Participants can create a league and play with friends. (Gamebrander)

If clicking on the laptop to play a game of solitaire or work a sudoku puzzle is your idea of relaxation -- after dinner or between meetings -- then the Chrysler Group thinks you might like its new Sebring sedan.

The Auburn Hills-based automaker has introduced an online game called Sebring Semantics, a subtle advertisement intended for one of the largest groups of online gamers: women between 35 and 54.

The target buyer for the newly restyled sedan is a female in her 30s, 40s and 50s. She makes $60,000 or more each year. And she's married.

"The women we're targeting don't consider themselves gamers. They just take a little break from the day with a quick fun puzzle game," said Kendra Wright, president of Gamebrander, a division of Wright Strategies, the company that developed the game for Chrysler.

So, with hopes of entertaining potential buyers while telling them about the features on the new Sebring, and perhaps eventually making a sale, Chrysler hired the company in Austin, Texas, to build something called an advergame for that very group.

The game, available at www.sebringsemantics.com, is a word jumble.

First, players choose a style of music they'd like to listen to while they play -- rock, classical, R&B and Latin are among the choices -- then they're given six letters, several blanks for words and two minutes to fill in the blanks.

At the end of each round, the player receives a score. Going on to play higher levels can boost your score.

Playing more rounds exposes players to more information about the Sebring. Between rounds, screens pop up promoting features on the car, everything from the temperature settings for the heated and cooled cup holders to a video showing off the stain-resistant upholstery.

If players want to know more or test-drive a Sebring, all they have to do is click on one of several "learn more about Sebring" buttons that will take them straight to the Chrysler Sebring Web page.

Each time players advance to another level, they have the opportunity to see how their score compares to other players' and to create a league to play with friends.

And each time players forwards the game to someone they know, they're helping Chrysler get the word out about the new Sebring.

"Women are more into social game playing," Wright said. "The Sebring is more targeted toward women. So we developed leagues. You can compare your scores. You can play together."

The idea is to get people to keep playing and returning to the site, so they'll pass the site on to friends and family who also will visit and be exposed to information about the car.

In the first month the game was up and running, before Chrysler started the marketing efforts in earnest, more than 50,000 visitors played, and the average player spent 22 minutes at the site.

Contact KATIE MERX at 313-222-8762 or kmerx@freepress.com.

Copyright © 2006 Detroit Free Press Inc.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Moderator Alumnus

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - - Source: The Car Connection

Chrysler's new Sebring Convertible is coming to Los Angeles in search of sun, fun and willing shoppers. It will ride atop a platform penned by Mitsubishi, but will be powered by Chrysler's own engines and will not be a Lancer clone. The Sebring sedan is expected to arrive in the fall of 2006, and the convertible - shown here - should be at dealerships in the spring of 2007, as an early 2008 model. The ragtop shown on this test mule is a fake: the real vehicle will sport a hardtop convertible roof. The Sebring will be built at Chrysler's Sterling Heights, Mich., plant.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

CHRYSLER REVEALS STUNNING SEBRING CABRIO AT LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW

Chrysler Group has today revealed the new Chrysler Sebring Cabrio that will be launched in the UK at the end of 2007.

All UK models will feature a retractable hard roof that folds into three sections and stows in less than 30 seconds. Standard roof system features include remote control operation from the key fob, standard powered tonneau cover and automatic latching.

Right hand drive models will be available with a 2.7-litre V6 petrol engine with six-speed automatic gearbox offering 189 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque. A 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine with six-speed manual will also be available with140 horsepower and 229 lb-ft of torque.

Peter Lambert, Managing Director of Chrysler Group, said: “Over the last decade the Sebring has been America’s favourite convertible and this latest model is ideal for European markets with a folding hard roof and choice of petrol and diesel engines.

“The new Sebring is a stunning four seat two-door Cabrio that will offer outstanding value for money compared to competitors like the Saab 9-3 and Audi A4 in the UK. The Cabrio offers more than enough room for four adults plus exceptional cargo space. It is three inches longer than the Sebring saloon and there is luggage space for four golf bags with the roof up and two golf bags when the roof is retracted.”
Source: i14.tinypic.com
Old 11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

SOurce: i14.tinypic.com
Old 11-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Safety Car

It's okay. I wouldn't call it stunning. The car's got so many different things going on with it (design wise)...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
call me crazy but i think it will sell decently if the price remains the same b/c of the hardtop roof...
Old 11-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Safety Car

I'm really not feeling it.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I think the general design is quite decent, but the lines all over the body and hood make it too busy and take away from the big picture. Nice job, but they went overboard with the details. I wonder how the interior looks & feels.

I saw my first new Sebring sedan on 78 in Jersey Thanksgiving weekend. It was dark though, so I couldn't see much. Either the headlights are really bright, or the driver had their high beams on...I was getting annoyed b/c I was getting blinded by it while it was behind me.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:17 AM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
yuck!!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:45 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
I saw one on the road yesterday, happy to report that it looks uglier in person
Old 11-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Chrysler reveals Sebring Convertible at L.A. Show - - By KEVIN A. WILSON - - Source: Autoweek

Chrysler’s latest Sebring, the convertible version, made its debut at the Los Angeles auto show. Make that convertible “versions”—there are three, each using the same folding-top mechanism but with a choice of vinyl, cloth or hardtop in ascending order of price.

“We’ve sold more Sebring convertibles in the past 10 years than any competitor has sold convertibles,” says Larry Lyons, vice president for Chrysler front-drive products.

A lot of those cars went into Sun Belt rental fleets, which are likely to line up for the base model, with vinyl top and 2.4-liter four-cylinder power.

The appeal of this true four-seat convertible extends well beyond fleet customers, though. Cloth and retractable hardtop models will be offered on the Touring (with 2.7-liter V6) and Limited (3.5-liter V6) editions. Customers can mix and match trim levels and top coverings.

Mechanically, the car parallels the Sebring sedan (“Beauty is Skin-Deep,” Nov. 27). The hood, front fenders, grille and fascia are the same as those on the sedan, as are the taillights. Everything in between differs. Most significantly, the convertible—although a two-door—is three inches longer than the sedan, using a longer rear floorpan to allow for the folding-roof mechanism and cargo area behind it. Two golf bags—the carry variety, not big pro bags—fit in the trunk behind the folded roof.

Use of high-strength steel, frame stiffening in the widened rockers (including a structural beam through the doorsill), a cross-car beam and beefier A-pillars, Chrysler claims, give the new model 245 percent better torsional rigidity and 125 percent more resistance to bending, compared with the previous convertible.

The top, manufactured by Karmann and delivered to Chrysler’s Sterling Heights, Michigan, assembly plant, drops with a push of a dashboard button—29 seconds with the hardtop, 24 seconds with the cloth or vinyl roof.

There’s enough legroom in the back for a six-foot-tall adult to be comfortable. Compared with the older model, the car is three inches taller, and the passenger seating position is higher.

A new option is a screen-type wind blocker that covers the backseat and reduces buffeting in the front… Chrysler says the device reduces front-seat noise by 10 dB at 87 mph.

Production begins in the first quarter of 2007 so cars should start showing up at dealerships in the spring.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I dont understand why three options on the top. Wasnt two enough? A soft and a hard top?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Vollgas auf der Autobahn!

Somebody ought to push that big red button on the dash.....................maybe they will make it better then????

Jens
Old 11-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gavriil
I dont understand why three options on the top. Wasnt two enough? A soft and a hard top?
I was thinking the same... have a hard top and two soft topws (cloth and viynl) seemed like overkill. The cost savings for between cloth and viynl is neglectable, so why not just have a cloth top with the four banger for fleets? Anyway, I still can't get liking this car yet...
Old 11-30-2006, 10:24 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw a sedan on the road and couldnt believe how something so ugly was made. It is like they stretched a crossfire and put extra doors on it.

Quick Reply: Chrysler: Sebring News