Chrysler: 300 News

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 12:35 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,814 Likes on 3,732 Posts
What's with all the lately? Are they all 4G owners who feel superior because of their side mirror design and ground clearance?

Old 11-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pttl
What's with all the lately? Are they all 4G owners who feel superior because of their side mirror design and ground clearance?

It's their superior grille presence, man. Actually I don't know if that quack has a 4G or what.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:15 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by bluenorge
i'd be surprised if the company makes it until 2012! Chrysler is on the bottom of ever automobile list! major junk coming from them!
im not the one driving a Dodge. just wait until your car wont start because your fuel pump/sender decided to stop working, or all your dash lights start flickering because your FCM stopped communicating with your PCM. (the list goes on) just saying, Chrysler corp has alot to fix before they start making newly designed cars. there are major engineering issues with these vehicles. I unfortunately work on Dodges everyday of my life. Thats why i own an Acura! Theres a reason why Honda and Toyota are on the top and Dodge is on the bottom.
have fun with your bankrupted company. i mean, twice bankrupted company. i bet saturn, pontiac and hummer owners are real satisfied too! when chrylser is gone, come on over to the good guys and buy a Honda!
bag of hammers smarter than the above posts.....
Old 11-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Intermediate

Geez..i didnt realize making statements that everybody may not agree on will cause intense aggression and insults. you guys are mad! relax, i will stop replying if you find any real current report or review stating Chrysler is above Honda in anything. check out Jdpower, KBB, automobile.com, anyone! im going by real reviews not just my own opinions, not to mention im a Dodge mechanic and see real mechanical issues everyday of my life. sorry to try to chime into the forum. i'll leave you all to peace.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:43 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Just try an keep in mind that Chyrsler offers many things not even available at Honda so its not as easy as, "buy a Honda because its reliable". I'm sure Sarlacc would have considered a Honda built RWD, V8 coupe if Honda offered one, but no such luck. An Si isn't quite the same thing.

Same goes with this 300 and a few other products. While I generally agree that Honda's are more reliable, IMO, there nowhere near as reliable as they used to be.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Intermediate

well thanks for repsonding with an intelligent non-name calling response. this is all i was trying to get at, a mature back and forth discussion. i do agree that there needs to be a V8 made by Honda. I have heard that one is in the making for 2015. its suppose to be modeled after the Honda Indy car engine. (obviously without the 900HP). back to the dodge thing, i guess as a dodge tech, i get to see more problems than a regular consumer, so my opinions are based on issues most people have no idea about.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:43 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ I heard Honda is busy working on a rocket engine....based on the Space Shuttle SRB's....ready for the making in 2015.

Rumor is it might interfere with the V8....and the Honda production V8 may be delayed yet again for another 5 -15 more years.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:46 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
My father in law is a mechanic. I have a couple of dodge techs in my challenger club.

I never said chrysler didnt make some shit cars but so did all the domestic nameplates at one point. From what I've seen and experienced they have gone about changing all that. And all the new models coming out and especially the new pentastar v6 are much more reliable.

Hell in a year of ownership my challenger has been more solid than my 3 years of owning an Acura. Honda does not make cars anywhere near as bulletproof as they once did.

Times are changing and tables are balancing.

Last edited by Sarlacc; 11-24-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:51 PM
The Third Ball

And dom

Don't think I would have considered a v8 rwd Honda. The Challenger was always about the stylin first. Everything else after was just creamy icing on top. First American car and I've been more than happy with my purchase
Old 11-24-2010, 02:55 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

well thanks for repsonding with an intelligent non-name calling response. this is all i was trying to get at, a mature back and forth discussion. i do agree that there needs to be a V8 made by Honda. I have heard that one is in the making for 2015. its suppose to be modeled after the Honda Indy car engine. (obviously without the 900HP). back to the dodge thing, i guess as a dodge tech, i get to see more problems than a regular consumer, so my opinions are based on issues most people have no idea about.
Everything we've heard in the last year and half directly from Honda exec's mentions they've canceled any V8/V10 and RWD development. That all died with the cancellation of the next NSX. So don't expect a V8 from Honda anytime soon, if ever.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:59 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
And dom

Don't think I would have considered a v8 rwd Honda. The Challenger was always about the stylin first. Everything else after was just creamy icing on top. First American car and I've been more than happy with my purchase
Well, you would have at least gave it a glance, looked up specs etc.... As it stands it wasn't even an option so no time was spend on Honda's site or in a dealer. They had no chance at earning your business.

And as far as Honda reliability goes, lets just say my 2007 Ody with 43K miles is going to the dealer on Monday for a new tranny. So color me unimpressed with Honda reliability as of late. Between the Ody and my 04 TSX its been down right terrible for me.

But I've always put stock in JD power and CR so I can't say they make shitty cars.

Last edited by dom; 11-24-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Geez..i didnt realize making statements that everybody may not agree on will cause intense aggression and insults. you guys are mad! relax, i will stop replying if you find any real current report or review stating Chrysler is above Honda in anything. check out Jdpower, KBB, automobile.com, anyone! im going by real reviews not just my own opinions, not to mention im a Dodge mechanic and see real mechanical issues everyday of my life. sorry to try to chime into the forum. i'll leave you all to peace.
It's not like you just posted your opinion. It was a bunch of overly biased ignorance. Sorry, you said it and I call it as I see it. And then you say you'll leave us "to peace" yet you've already returned. Nice.

Doh!? How did we misunderstand you wanted a "mature discussion"? Your original post was dripping with maturity and didn't look like something a 16 year old would post at all.

i'd be surprised if the company makes it until 2012! Chrysler is on the bottom of ever automobile list! major junk coming from them!

You know, other than the fact that their new products like the Ram and GC are scoring well in comparison tests and are considered to be some of the best in the class, as are some of their other new efforts like the 300/Charger and Durango.

Please do keep up with this mature and insightful discussion.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName
It's not like you just posted your opinion. It was a bunch of overly biased ignorance. Sorry, you said it and I call it as I see it. And then you say you'll leave us "to peace" yet you've already returned. Nice.

Doh!? How did we misunderstand you wanted a "mature discussion"? Your original post was dripping with maturity and didn't look like something a 16 year old would post at all.

You know, other than the fact that their new products like the Ram and GC are scoring well in comparison tests and are considered to be some of the best in the class, as are some of their other new efforts like the 300/Charger and Durango.

Please do keep up with this mature and insightful discussion.
wow! you seem very disgruntled. The Ram and GC are kind of bad examples. notice how Dodge removed their name from that truck. its just a "Ram" truck now and Jeep has been Chrysler's backbone for years. without Jeep and the government, Chrysler would for sure be gone. (you know the bankrupt thing, thats why i said they'd be gone by 2012(obviously joking) and by saying im leaving you in peace means, i wont insult people for having different thoughts, ideas or even ignorant biases(kind of like you did). plain and simple, im not a chrylser fan and you are... or you like to argue. no big deal. lets just leave this discussion to we agree to disagree. im sure theres a ton of other people who hate and love every car company out there with much more crazy comments. this is starting to sound like a ford vs chevy discussion. man, i've seen those get waay out of control. especially with beer involved.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Somebody's a disgruntled Chrysler employee
Old 11-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

wow! you seem very disgruntled. The Ram and GC are kind of bad examples. notice how Dodge removed their name from that truck. its just a "Ram" truck now and Jeep has been Chrysler's backbone for years. without Jeep and the government, Chrysler would for sure be gone. (you know the bankrupt thing, thats why i said they'd be gone by 2012(obviously joking) and by saying im leaving you in peace means, i wont insult people for having different thoughts, ideas or even ignorant biases(kind of like you did). plain and simple, im not a chrylser fan and you are... or you like to argue. no big deal. lets just leave this discussion to we agree to disagree. im sure theres a ton of other people who hate and love every car company out there with much more crazy comments. this is starting to sound like a ford vs chevy discussion. man, i've seen those get waay out of control. especially with beer involved.
Disgruntled? You're the one who sounded disgruntled. Yes, I was annoyed by the ignorance you opted to display, but disgruntled would be the wrong word.

And I don't believe you made that comment jokingly. You're only changing your story now several posts later. I assume you thought you could get away wif dumbestic h8 since you're on a Japanese car forum. Not so.

I'm curious as to why the GC and Ram are bad examples. What exactly would be a good example?
Old 11-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Intermediate

i was right. you do like to argue.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

i was right. you do like to argue.
Was I wrong? Didn't think so. Since everyone jumped on your ass you want to be all civil and whatnot.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Intermediate

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...d-worst-ov.htm

just one of many out there. notice how many times a chyrsler vehicle made it to the "best" and how many times it made it to the "worst" list.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...d-worst-ov.htm

just one of many out there. notice how many times a chyrsler vehicle made it to the "best" and how many times it made it to the "worst" list.
Like I would even believe a thing CR has to say. They are the most biased, pro-Toyota joke out there. If they told me the sky was blue I'd go outside to check.

Secondly, I wouldn't want any Chrysler that's not a 2011 other than the new Ram, and I don't like trucks anyway.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Intermediate

heres another one for you. and its not CR.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...he-money-2010/
Old 11-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

heres another one for you. and its not CR.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...he-money-2010/
What does your brain not understand about me saying I don't want any Chrysler on those lists anyway? I don't give a shit what some people rank on their lists. I buy what I like, and it's yet to be a Chrysler anyway.

Can you comprehend that yet?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Intermediate

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jd-p...st-cars/250115

found this one and its from Britian. they agree too! look Fiat is down there. dont they own Chrylser?
do you comprehend? this was my point from the beginning.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 11-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

found this one and its from britian. They agree too! Look fiat is down there. Dont they own chrylser?
Do you comprehend? This was my point from the beginning.
omg....
Old 11-24-2010, 05:47 PM
The Third Ball

found this one and its from Britian. they agree too! look Fiat is down there. dont they own Chrylser?
Aaaaaand youve truly shown yourself to be a total idiot.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:46 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
wtf happened to this thread?
Old 11-24-2010, 07:51 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the new SSFTX?
Old 11-24-2010, 08:05 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

We haven't gotten rid of the first one or have we?
Old 11-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
^ he's managed to spawn. My ignore list grew.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:16 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Well it keeps you and all the other flatraters busy.... I'd see it as a good thing.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts
back to topic...

Given Chrysler's financial woes, I'm pleased to see them actually invest in powertrains and interiors while freshening their already tasteful designs.

The Pentastar V6s replace the archaic 3.XL V6s that date back to the LH sedans of the early 90s. Chrysler interiors have historically been penalty boxes. It's nice to see Chrysler address their areas of weakness rather than blow their wad solely on design.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Interior:

I was hoping for so much better.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
While it(the wood) looks nice, I think they went a little overboard with the wood!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Interior:

Looks good to me? I'm not a bright wood kind of guy but that's totally subjective. With dark would it'd be great.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:21 PM
fap fap fap

looks decent, though i hate wood steering wheels in any car.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:10 PM
US Navy Seabees

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
damn that 300 looks like. Back end looks like a Phantom. Front end reminds me of an S class. Very classy looking I like it. Throw some nice 20's on there with a drop and 5% tint and you have yourself a baller VIP car.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Interior:

I really think it's the color palette and that awful wood steering wheel. I like a proper wood steering wheel, with just the top portion wood, not this whole circle of wood thing.

but had this been a darker wood, darker interior...pretty much one that doesn't remind you of vomit, it would be good. and oh , without the circle wood steering wheel.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:35 PM
fap fap fap

in a past spy pic the dark interior has a reddish wood ala lexus
Old 12-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Interior:

I think part of the problem is simply that there's no continuity. Silver plastic, whatever that plood is supposed to be, the materials are all over the place. And it makes it look cheaper than it should.

The bezel around the Navigation and HVAC vents is unnecessary IMO. It just draws a highlight to the fact that they made it an oval for reasons I can't understand.

If it was all black plastic I think it would look better.

Honestly, with the exception of Ford (who probably hired people from Europe) I can't think of anyone in the US that can competently design an interior. Every interior designed in the US for a car in the US just sucks compared to the rest of the world.

This is another example of I dunno what ... Over-reliance on focus groups? Crappy management who are out of touch with the competition? Overzealous bean counters? Whatever it is, they missed an opportunity.

Oh, and IB Sarlaac rips me and defends it because it's a Chrysler/Dodge product.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:20 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by charliemike
I think part of the problem is simply that there's no continuity. Silver plastic, whatever that plood is supposed to be, the materials are all over the place. And it makes it look cheaper than it should.

The bezel around the Navigation and HVAC vents is unnecessary IMO. It just draws a highlight to the fact that they made it an oval for reasons I can't understand.

If it was all black plastic I think it would look better.

Honestly, with the exception of Ford (who probably hired people from Europe) I can't think of anyone in the US that can competently design an interior. Every interior designed in the US for a car in the US just sucks compared to the rest of the world.

This is another example of I dunno what ... Over-reliance on focus groups? Crappy management who are out of touch with the competition? Overzealous bean counters? Whatever it is, they missed an opportunity.

Oh, and IB Sarlaac rips me and defends it because it's a Chrysler/Dodge product.
It's all parts bin stuff, poorly laid out. I understand the need for Chrysler at this time to rely on the parts bin, but the layout and shapes scream rental fleet. It reminds me of the poor Hyundai interiors of +5 years ago...odd shapes and materials of all kinds of finishes.

...I beg to differ on American interiors, however.....Caddy CTS has a great interior....so do some of the Chevy CUV's.

Ford clearly is the best U.S. interior designer out there.....and some of their interiors blow some import interiors away.

Quick Reply: Chrysler: 300 News