Chevrolet: Camaro News

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
fail! they need some 30" the back and 24s in the front for it to be called Hot wheel..... as least that is what the Hot wheel car looks like to me.
The following users liked this post:
tabs31 (06-07-2019)
Old 04-09-2018, 10:22 AM

Received 5,294 Likes on 3,628 Posts
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...-drive-review/

A quick spin in Chevrolet's new 2.0-liter Camaro 1LE provides a reminder that power isn’t everything.

These days, the best Camaros wear 1LE badges. Whether it's fitted to a V6- or V8-powered Camaro, or even a supercharged ZL1, the 1LE kit offers substantial benefits in handling, braking, cooling and traction -- the things that matter most. If you want to get the most out of your Camaro driving experience, 1LE is the obvious way to go.

To that end, Chevy will soon offer the 1LE treatment on the base Camaro 2.0T. The aptly named Turbo 1LE arrives later this year along with the rest of the updated 2019 Camaro range, and Chevy says it'll allow customers to get into a great-handling coupe without having to pony up for a bigger engine.

The Turbo 1LE follows the same formula as its V6 and V8 siblings, meaning the powertrain carries over unchanged. Chevy's 2.0-liter turbocharged I4 puts out 275 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque in the Camaro, and while other Turbo models can be had with an automatic gearbox, the 1LE is offered exclusively with a six-speed manual transmission. Rightfully so.

For the 1LE, Chevy ditches the base car's suspension in favor of the FE3 setup from the Camaro SS, which uses larger stabilizer bars and retuned dampers, as well as stiffer bushings and ball joints at the rear. Beefier Brembo brakes are fitted at all four wheels, with four-piston stoppers up front and single-piston calipers in back. The 1LE kit also adds a mechanical limited-slip differential with a 3.27:1 final drive ratio, launch control and revised Track and Competition driving modes. Finally, the Turbo 1LE gets model-specific 20-inch wheels, wrapped in asymmetric Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires -- 245/40-series rubber in front and 275/30-series out back.

The 1LE's enhancements become apparent when it's time to put that power to the road -- or, in this case, track. Following a very brief stint behind the wheel of a camouflaged Camaro Turbo 1LE prototype on the infield track of Las Vegas Motor Speedway, I can tell you its whole package works as advertised. The chassis improvements offer meaningful improvements in overall handling and stability.

Engine power is adequate -- enough shove to get the Camaro up and running with a quickness, but not so much that it'll get you in trouble. The Camaro's nicely weighted, direct steering makes it a joy to toss around, with crisp action from the six-speed manual gearbox. The Turbo 1LE stays flat and balanced through both long sweepers and tight corners, and because the chassis can handle way more than what the engine's throwing down, you're able to carry a lot of speed during turns. This, friends, is what's known as a "momentum car" (see also: Subaru BRZ). It's delightful.

Without the ability to drive the Turbo 1LE prototype on any surface other than the aforementioned track, I can't comment on whether or not the stiffer suspension will make this Camaro too harsh for daily-driver consideration. That said, I've driven plenty of Camaro SS models on a wide variety of surfaces, and no standout complaints come to mind. I'll want more time behind the wheel of a production Turbo 1LE before giving it a final stamp of approval, but after this short lapping session in Las Vegas, I'm perfectly optimistic.

The Turbo 1LE comes standard with the RS appearance package available on other Camaro models -- you can see an uncamouflaged 1LE here. I'll let you come to your own conclusions about the 2019 Camaro's design, but even in hot 1LE trim, I can't call it an improvement. Despite the model-specific black hood and 20-inch wheels, that new face just ruins what was previously a very attractive car.

My other issues with the Turbo 1LE aren't specific to the model itself, but rather the Camaro as a whole. The Turbo 1LE's cabin is the same as any other 2019 Camaro, aside from a unique "performance" gauge cluster. Recaro front seats are optional, and they're stellar. Chevy's new Infotainment 3 technology is on hand, too, with better graphics and simplified menus. But none of this changes the fact that there are still a number of questionable materials throughout the Camaro's interior. Hard plastics continue to line the doors and transmission tunnel. And yes, outward visibility remains terrible.

Chevy hopes the Turbo 1LE will appeal to more than just existing Camaro fans. The automaker is targeting folks who'd normally end up in a Honda Civic Si or Type R, Ford Focus ST or RS, a Volkswagen GTI or even -- really -- the new Kia Stinger. I can't imagine your typical hot hatch enthusiast suddenly wanting to bro down with the Camaro set, but with Turbo 1LE pricing expected to start around $30,000, there's certainly potential for a lot of cross-shopping.

On the other hand, if you're already in the Camaro headspace, consider this: a Turbo 1LE will likely cost about the same as a non-1LE V6. Sure, the 2.0T is down on power compared to that 3.6-liter engine, but the added handling chops more than makes up for the disparity in output. Power isn't everything, after all.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:08 AM

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/new...nd-odd-styling

The Camaro now comes with a downsized four-cylinder engine and a 'flowtie'

This is the new Chevrolet Camaro, and we’re not sure whether it’s happy or sad to have been facelifted. Chevy updates the Camaro more times than we can actually keep up with, and this new, 2019 car comes with two big headlines.

First is the new look. While the car’s styling is largely intact from the 2018 model, a new LED light shape has morphed the front of the car to give it a slightly quizzical look. Depending on which model you choose, the Chevy ‘bowtie’ moves about, too. On the SS, it sits lower than the grille, allowing more air into the engine. Chevy calls this the ‘flowtie’. Oh dear.

Second is a new engine, with the Camaro going the way of the Mustang with a four-cylinder turbo unit now on offer. The Turbo 1LE gets a 2.0-litre four-pot producing a hot hatch-like 275bhp and 295lb ft.

It comes only with a six-speed manual gearbox, and gets new suspension settings to help it take advantage of the weight distribution a downsized engine brings (it’s nearly 50/50). If you’re like us, you still want the V8 regardless.

In a further Mustang-like move, higher powered Camaros now get the option of a ten-speed automatic gearbox, complete with launch control functionality. Perhaps that startled new look is the Camaro fretting about exactly how many downchanges to execute as it approaches a roundabout…
Old 04-10-2018, 09:08 AM

Old 04-10-2018, 04:53 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
The grille reminds me of their trucks

Now I'm even more likely to pick up a used SS 1LE
Old 04-11-2018, 12:26 PM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
They made it uglier. I hadn't really thought that possible.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:32 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
it's settled; Mustang over Camaro. ALL DAY EVERY DAY
Old 04-17-2018, 07:16 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,662 Likes on 2,495 Posts
The current ZL1 is absolutely perfect. It looks so good.

This new front they created is terrible. The only thing that looks good on the new one are the taillights.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9,968 Likes on 5,137 Posts
ugh just seeing this. looks like 10 people worked on the front end.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Finally got around to looking at these. Heartbreaking
Old 06-22-2018, 10:06 PM
Azine Jabroni

SS looks better than the renders in this walkthrough

Old 06-25-2018, 08:58 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,832 Likes on 3,853 Posts
Why did they lower the Blazer?
Old 06-25-2018, 01:20 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,454 Likes on 923 Posts
That front end is awful, especially with the Chevy logo right in the middle of the bumper.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:23 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by RPhilMan1
That front end is awful, especially with the Chevy logo right in the middle of the bumper.
Someone did a rendering (I think on GMAuthority) of a Camaro with the Blazer front end. It looks awesome.

The middle of the bumper bowtie is not great
Old 08-10-2018, 12:57 PM

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/08/ga...worse-2018mys/

When Chevrolet gave the Camaro a mid-cycle nip and tuck for the 2019 model year, it threw in some content updates as well.

Among them were measures taken to improve fuel economy, including the introduction of a 10-speed automatic transmission on the V8-powered SS trim level and a more streamline front end standard on all grades. Guess what? MotorTrend learned they didn’t quite work.

According to the EPA’s official fuel economy figures, both the 2019 Camaro SS (pictured) and 2019 Camaro V6 automatic see a slight drop in efficiency. The 2019 Camaro SS with the 10-speed auto is rated at 16/27/20 mpg city/highway/combined, while the 2018 Camaro SS with the 8-speed auto returned a better city rating of 17 mpg (highway and combined ratings are the same).

Does the blame lie with the 10-speed automatic? We don’t know for sure, but it’s the main suspect if you ask us.

Perhaps even more curious is the case of the 2019 Camaro V6 automatic, which gets worse fuel economy ratings even though the 3.6-liter V6 engine and the eight-speed transmission have carried over unchanged from the previous model year.

While both the city/highway ratings stay the same (19/27 mpg), the combined fuel economy is worse on the 2019 model than its predecessor — 22 mpg versus 23 mpg, respectively. We’re totally lost on why that happened, especially since we’re not aware of the EPA changing the formula it uses for the 2019 model year — it did change it for 2017 but not since then.

Interestingly, the V6 model with a six-speed manual gearbox gets the same combined and city ratings as before (20 mpg and 16 mpg, respectively), but the highway mileage drops from 28 to 27 mpg. The automatic ZL1 is actually the only model that offers fuel economy improvements: the combined rating goes from 15 to 16 mpg.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:38 PM

Looks like we've reached the point of diminishing returns. Fail.

6-speeds are enough for me, but two pedals aren't.

The refreshed front end is still ugly to me, I really doubt seeing them in person will help.
RPhilMan1 (08-13-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 10:29 AM

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/review...amaro-preview/

Power isn't everything. Plenty of enthusiasts prioritize sharp reflexes and balance over sheer straight-line speed, and it's why Chevrolet offers 1LE handling packages for every version of its Camaro coupe. The latest 1LE iteration benefits the base, 2.0-liter turbo-powered model, which arrives alongside a number of other updates for the entire 2019 Camaro range.

You'll spot a 2019 Camaro thanks to its redesigned front and rear fascias, which actually appear to be at their best in Turbo 1LE spec. That's a backhanded compliment, by the way. I actually thought the sixth-generation Camaro looked pretty boss when it debuted in 2015, but this face-lifted version is hardly an improvement. It's especially offensive on the V8-powered Camaro SS.

Other 2019 model year Camaro changes include an optional 10-speed automatic transmission for the SS, and a new super-base 1LS model, which starts at $25,000, not including $995 for destination. But since the Turbo 1LE is the newest of the new as far as 2019 Camaros go, it's the one I'll focus on for this initial test.

The Camaro Turbo's 2.0-liter engine carries over unchanged, with 275 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque, and EPA ratings of 20 miles per gallon city and 30 mpg highway. Other turbocharged Camaro models can be had with an eight-speed automatic transmission, but considering the enthusiast-minded nature of the 1LE pack, it can only be spec'd with the Tremec six-speed manual gearbox. Good.

The $4,500 1LE pack adds the FE3 suspension from the Camaro SS, with its larger stabilizer bars and better dampers, not to mention stiffer ball joints and bushings in back. A mechanical limited-slip differential keeps power balanced at the rear axle, with a revised 3.27:1 final drive ratio, and the Turbo 1LE gets a new Track driving mode, as well as launch control. Keeping everything in check are larger Brembo brakes at all four corners, with four-piston calipers up front and single-piston units around back. Those stoppers are housed behind a model-specific set of 20-inch wheels, wrapped in grippy, asymmetric 245/40-series front and 275/35-series rear Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires.

The Camaro Turbo 1LE is a wonderfully balanced coupe, and it's a real joy to toss around the 2.5-mile road course at Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, Washington. At 3,354 pounds, this is one of the lightest Camaro models, and its 2.0-liter engine is set as far back behind the front axle as possible for optimal weight distribution. The light, accurate steering offers lots of feedback, and small amounts of understeer and oversteer are easily controlled, even with the traction control switched partially or completely off. Of course, the 1LE's chassis and upgraded tires can handle far more power than the 2.0-liter engine can produce, so you're never really in jeopardy of totally farking it up should you goose the throttle midcorner.

I can keep the Turbo 1LE humming in third and fourth gears -- with maybe a quick downshift to second for the sharp, Corkscrew-like left-hander at Turn 13 -- to make the most of the car's midrange grunt. There's not much happening early on in the rev range, what with peak torque not coming online until 3,000 rpm. But this is a car that loves to sing around 4,000 to 4,500 rpm, even if the engine and exhaust notes aren't so sweet.

Leaving the track, the 1LE behaves like any other Camaro Turbo on the road. The suspension may be stiffer, but it doesn't kill the overall ride quality. On the lovely forest roads south of Seattle, the Camaro doesn't jostle over bumps, and its ride is comfortable enough in Tour mode to soak up long stretches of highway with aplomb. The ride could certainly be quieter, however -- wind noise isn't much of an issue, but the tire roar that permeates the cabin at higher speeds is loud.

The Camaro's interior is no different than before, meaning it still looks cool at first glance, but is hard to love after extended time behind the wheel. Visibility is terrible; no other car makes me feel like I'm sunk in a dark bathtub quite like the Camaro. And while there are a number of nice details like the metal rings around the vents and the stubby, suede gear shifter, so much of the coupe's interior is made up of seriously cheap plastics.

The Recaro front seats offer lots of comfort for long journeys, as well as ample thigh and love-handle support for track days, though they're a $1,595 add-on. Fold them forward and you'll find two seats for rear passengers, but good luck getting any adult back there without a series of expletives in their wake. The low roofline makes ingress and egress downright impossible, to say nothing of the nonexistent headroom once you're actually back there.

A bright spot in the dark Camaro cabin is Chevy's new Infotainment 3 interface, housed on an 8-inch touchscreen in the dash. The infotainment software found within is quickly becoming one of my favorite systems on the market today, never mind the fact that the screen has to awkwardly angle outward from the top to avoid glare. Crisp graphics, bright colors, instant response to inputs and standard AppleCarPlay and Android Auto make Infotainment 3 easy and enjoyable to use.

"We're trying to expose ourself to the weekend racer, lower-displacement crowd," says Camaro chief engineer Al Oppenheiser. And indeed, in addition to targeting the entry-level Mustang and Challengerset, Chevy is hoping the Camaro Turbo 1LE will attract folks who'd otherwise end up in something like a Ford Focus ST, Honda Civic Si, Subaru BRZ or Volkswagen Golf GTI.

With Turbo 1LE pricing coming in right around $31,000, the Camaro is more expensive than many of those rivals, though still plenty competitive. Unfortunately, every one of those cars -- except maybe the BRZ -- bests the Camaro in terms of comfort and daily livability. The reason people buy hot hatches is because they're great on the track and extremely useful. I can fit an entire set of race tires in the back of a GTI just by folding the seats. I can't do that in a Camaro -- hell, despite having 9.1 cubic feet of cargo space, I can barely fit a carry-on suitcase through the impossibly small trunk opening.

Instead, I really only see the Turbo 1LE appealing to buyers already in the Camaro headspace, and there, it makes a lot of sense. It's the same price as a V6 model, but offers far superior handling. It might be down on power, but the 1LE gives you more of what matters most.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:47 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,454 Likes on 923 Posts
Why didn't they center the logo in the front grille?
Old 09-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 193 Likes on 150 Posts
:fugly:
Old 09-04-2018, 01:37 PM

Camaro quickly went from aesthetically my favorite out of the 3 pony cars to the worst looking by far.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:23 PM

The Camaro & Mustang were both great, IMO, except for the 4G Cockroach Camaro and the Mustang II. The 5G was Camaro ok, but had pretty poor visibility by comparison. The facelifted 5G Mustang to current would be my pony-car pick over the Camaro & Challenger.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
The Camaro & Mustang were both great, IMO, except for the 4G Cockroach Camaro and the Mustang II. The 5G was Camaro ok, but had pretty poor visibility by comparison. The facelifted 5G Mustang to current would be my pony-car pick over the Camaro & Challenger.
I hate the visibility in the Camaro. The visibility is so bad, you almost have to get the 2SS package just so you can get the blind spot warning.
RPhilMan1 (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:32 PM

I worked for a Chevrolet dealer in college when the 5G came out (no BSM). Had to get the mirrors kicked way out to cut down on the blind spot.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
I had a 4th gen F-body Camaro. I prefer the catfish nickname

I've only driven a new Mustang in convertible form, not sure if that counts. 5G Camaro visibility is pretty bad.

2016-18 ​​​​SS ​​​1LE would still be my pick in terms of value and performance
Old 09-05-2018, 04:15 PM

GT350 > * for me, love that flat-plane sound.
The following 3 users liked this post by 00TL-P3.2:
DarkTower19 (09-12-2018), EL19 (11-01-2018), RPhilMan1 (09-06-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 09:50 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet...ecopo_concept/

Fifty years after the original COPO Camaro special order performance models were introduced, Chevrolet's eCOPO Camaro Concept demonstrates an electrified vision for drag racing.

Developed by General Motors and built in partnership with the pioneering electric drag racing team Hancock and Lane Racing, the concept race car - based on the 2019 COPO Camaro - is entirely electric powered, driven by an electric motor providing the equivalent of more than 700 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque.

Chevrolet estimates quarter-mile times in the 9-second range. Testing is ongoing.

"The eCOPO Concept is all about where we go in the future with electrification in the high performance space," said Russ O'Blenes, director, Performance Variants, Parts and Motorsports at General Motors. "The original COPO Camaro program was all about pushing the envelope, and this concept is an exploration with the very same spirit."

Chevrolet partnered with Hancock and Lane Racing not only because of the team's success in NHRA drag racing, but also its involvement with Patrick McCue, the driving force behind the record-holding "Shock and Awe" electric drag racing car, and his Seattle-area Bothell High School automotive technology program. With the racing team's assistance, more than a dozen students participated in the development and assembly of the electrified drag car.

"This project exemplifies Chevrolet and General Motors' commitment to engaging young minds in STEM education," said O'Blenes. "It also represents our goal of a world with zero emissions, with the next generation of engineers and scientists who will help us get there."

Just as the original 1969 COPO Camaro models relied on creative engineering to make them successful in Stock Eliminator drag racing, the eCOPO breaks new ground with its unique motor and GM's first 800-volt battery back.

The electric motor is based on a pair of BorgWarner HVH 250-150 motor assemblies, each generating 300 lb-ft of torque, and replaces the gas engine. It is connected to a conventional racing-prepared "Turbo 400" automatic transmission that channels the motor's torque to the same solid rear axle used in the production COPO Camaro race cars.

The all-new 800-volt battery pack enables a more efficient power transfer to the electric motor and supports faster recharging, which is important for the limited time between elimination rounds in drag racing.

"Eight hundred volts is more than twice the voltage of the battery packs in the production Chevrolet Volt and Bolt EV, so the eCOPO pushes into new technological territory," says O'Blenes. "As GM advances its electrification leadership, a big step might just come from the drag strip."

The battery pack is composed of four 200-volt modules, each weighing approximately 175 pounds, mounted strategically in the car for optimal weight distribution. Two are located in the rear seat area and the other two are in the trunk: one in the spare tire well and the other in the area over the rear axle.

A full Battery Management System monitors all critical voltages and temperatures within the pack. It ties into a comprehensive safety system that continuously evaluates all vehicle electrical components for proper function and safe operation. The batteries in the rear compartment are sealed off from the interior and an integrated driveshaft tunnel has been added between the modules for increased protection. Additionally, the roll cage in the trunk area has been expanded to provide additional protection for the rear-mounted modules.

With the modules' strategic positions, the eCOPO Camaro has greater than a 56 percent rear-weight bias, which helps launch the car more efficiently.

The eCOPO Camaro Concept expands Chevrolet and General Motors' electrification development and supports future product development. It also suggests a potential new avenue for Chevrolet's crate engine and performance parts portfolio.

The eCOPO Camaro's electric motor has the same bell house mounting pattern and crankshaft flange as the popular LS-family engines in Chevrolet's crate engine portfolio. That allows it to bolt up to just about any General Motors transmission. In fact, the transmission, driveshaft and other drivetrain components remain in the same locations as in a gasoline-powered COPO Camaro race car, meaning the electric motor simply bolts into the engine compartment in place of the gas engine.

"The possibilities are intriguing and suggest a whole new world for racers," said O'Blenes. "Chevrolet pioneered the concept of the high-performance crate engine right around the time the original COPO Camaro models were created, and the eCOPO project points to a future that could include electric crate motors for racing, or even your street rod. We're not there yet, but it's something we're exploring."

In the meantime, Chevrolet and Hancock and Lane Racing will continue to develop the eCOPO Camaro and test it on the drag strip, seeking quicker elapsed times with all-new technology.

nist7 (10-30-2018)
Old 05-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Azine Jabroni

The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro is Less Ugly and Offers an Affordable V-8 Model

After a controversial refresh for 2019, Chevrolet has revised the Camaro SS's front-end styling for 2020, repositioning the bow-tie emblem and making the bumper insert body color. But that's not even the most exciting of the changes Chevrolet is introducing for 2020: a new, affordable model called the LT1 offers the burly 6.2-liter V-8 engine, previously offered only in the SS, at a lower price point.

The Camaro LT1 starts at $34,995, a $3000 drop compared to the current 2019 Camaro's cheapest V-8 model, the 1SS, which starts at $37,995. It also just undercuts the cheapest V-8–powered Ford Mustang, the $36,450 GT. The Camaro LT1 is essentially the same as the Camaro's 1LT trim level, but with the 455-hp V-8 stuck under the hood. It also gets LT1 fender badges, the vented hood from the SS, and black bow-tie emblems. A lesser wheel and tire package, with 20-inch wheels wrapped in all-season tires that are the same size all around, ensures that the LT1 won't upset the performance hierarchy, as the SS still reigns supreme with its more aggressive, staggered-width summer tires.

V-6 Camaros benefit from a new 10-speed automatic transmission, which replaces the old eight-speed (a six-speed manual remains standard). The base turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder sticks with a standard six-speed manual or an optional eight-speed automatic, while V-8 models offer the six-speed manual or the 10-speed automatic.

Other changes for the 2020 Camaro include a new Rally Green exterior color and several rejiggered features and options. To list a few examples, the Recaro seats that used to be exclusive to the 1LE performance package are now available on the LT model, the rear spoiler that used to be only on the RS package can now be had on the LS and LT, and red seatbelts can now be optioned on all trim levels.

Chevrolet hasn't yet announced pricing for the full 2020 Camaro, but we expect to hear more over the next few months before it goes on sale this fall.
Attached Thumbnails Chevrolet: Camaro News-2020-chevrolet-camaross-001-1556809303.jpg  
Old 05-02-2019, 07:31 PM

i mean; if someone gave me the car; i'd rock it
Old 05-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Azine Jabroni

It's just such a stupid automobile.
  • It's still pretty funny looking
  • The trunk entry is tiny for no reason
  • The blind spot is enormous. You almost have to get the 2SS or risk your life driving it
1killercls (05-06-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 05:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
I think it looks pretty good... but that blind spot tho.... i dont know how people can DD that without going crazy.

Kinda reminded me of s2000, i remember i had to drop the top a few times just to back out from a parking space due to blind spot. But i think Camaro's is probably worse.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:25 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
I think it looks pretty good... but that blind spot tho.... i dont know how people can DD that without going crazy.

Kinda reminded me of s2000, i remember i had to drop the top a few times just to back out from a parking space due to blind spot. But i think Camaro's is probably worse.
You almost have to get the 2SS package with the blind spot monitors to drive the thing. Even then, having blind spot monitoring in my car has made me realize you really can only 80% trust it. Honestly, Chevy's system is easily the worst I have driven.

That blind spot is a car accident waiting to happen
Old 05-03-2019, 10:00 PM

The 1LE SS was the best looking IMO, the 2019 refresh was beyond awful and this 2020 refresh is only slightly okay. Still one of the best performance bargains out there.

Backup camera should make it easy to park

Agreed on the stupid trunk opening too.
kurtatx (05-04-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 06:10 AM

I just want it for that v8 growl and acceleration.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:48 AM

https://www.motor1.com/news/356610/c...inue-2023/amp/

GM neither confirms nor denies the Camaro's imminent demise.

Could Chevrolet be on the verge of killing the Camaro again? A new report from Muscle Cars and Trucks alleges that might well happen after 2023, which is when the current sixth-generation ‘Maro is slated to end production. The report cites “multiple sources” at General Motors as saying the next-generation Camaro program is suspended, with no apparent future beyond 2023. Those sources also allegedly say the nameplate will likely get shelved, meaning no more Camaro for the second time in the pony car’s history. We contacted GM to see if there’s any truth to the claim, and received this official statement:

“While we will not engage in speculation, we will remind you of our recently announced updates coming to the Camaro lineup this fall. An all-new LT1 model will provide customers V8 power with the design and affordability of our LT trim. The award-winning SS model will feature a new front fascia from the Camaro Shock concept. All of our updates are customer-driven to improve the car and its driving experience.”
That’s certainly not a denial, but neither is it a final nail in Camaro’s coffin. Going strictly by sales the future indeed looks grim; deliveries for the sixth-generation Camaro have fallen steadily since its 2016 introduction, with just under 51,000 finding homes in 2018. That’s the lowest sales year by far since Camaro’s revival in 2009, and figures through the first three months of 2019 are only marginally better. The ill-received 2019 facelift could be to blame for that, and to Chevrolet’s credit, another facelift for 2020 brings back a more traditional look to the front of the car. Also, it’s worth noting that sales for the Ford Mustang are down in recent years, though not quite as extreme. It will be interesting to see if Camaro sales rebound for the 2020 model year with its fresh face.

Beyond that, the report from Muscle Cars and Trucks also points out that the Camaro’s chassis is shared with the now-defunct Cadillac ATS and CTS. That’s not to say a next-generation Camaro couldn’t transition to another platform, but the report also highlights the various Team Camaro members that GM has sent to other projects. Put it all together, and frankly, there a great case supporting the cancellation claim.

If we had to guess (and we do), we’d say GM will be watching Camaro – and Mustang – sales very closely over the next 12 months. If there are signs of life, there’s no reason to believe the automaker couldn’t push forward with a new plan. If, however, sales continue to underwhelm, we might well see Chevrolet’s warhorse put out to pasture yet again.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Lightbulb 2026

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...und-until-2026

6th-gen Chevy Camaro will reportedly stick around until 2026

Viknesh Vijayenthiran December 28, 2020 14 Comments Ford is working on a redesigned Mustang for launch in 2022 but there may not be a new Chevrolet Camaro to go up against it anytime soon.

Australia's Wheels magazine reported last week that the current Camaro will stick around until 2026, or 2 years longer than originally planned.

We'll remind you the current car, the 6th generation of the nameplate, 1st arrived in 2015 as a 2016 model.

General Motors has been quiet about the future of the Camaro, possibly because the car in its traditional form might not even have a future. Sales of the Camaro in the United States reached 48,265 units in 2019, which was the lowest for the nameplate since the 4th-generation model bowed out in the early 2000s.

Any 7th-generation Camaro will require a costly redesign, as the Alpha platform that underpins the current car is being phased out. It's unclear if GM will be willing to invest in a new Camaro at the same time as it invests heavily in electric vehicles and self-driving technology. We've even heard that the nameplate could be retired.

Another solution could be turning the Camaro into an EV based on GM's flexible battery-electric platform known as BEV3. The platform will first appear in the new GMC Hummer EV where it will deliver up to 1,000 horsepower when the lifestyle pickup truck starts sales next year, and GM in March hinted at the possibility of a Camaro-like vehicle being based on the platform.

The current Camaro enters the 2021 model year with few changes. These consist mostly of rearrangements to the features included with the various trim levels, of which there are still 8 for the coupe and 7 for the convertible (it misses out on the base 1LS trim).

Old 12-29-2020, 08:01 PM
Azine Jabroni

Camaro Mach-E?
Old 04-07-2021, 08:48 AM

https://www.motor1.com/news/499084/2...o-1le-dropped/

Things are looking bleak for the Chevrolet Camaro. Sales continue to fall year over year, though the latest sales report from Q1 2021 shows only a 1.3-percent drop. Now, we're hearing that Chevy will cut the 1LE Performance Package from all Camaros that don't pack a V8 under the hood for the 2022 model year.

2021 Camaros are still in production at this point, but the General Motors 2022 dealer fleet order guide no longer lists the 1LE for four-cylinder or V6 models, according to Muscle Cars & Trucks. Currently, the package is offered on 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT versions of the Camaro with either the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder or the 3.6-liter V6 engine. It's not offered for the base model 1LS nor the V8-powered LT1. With its omission in 2022, the least expensive way to get the track-focused performance pack will be to choose the Camaro SS, which starts at $38,495. By comparison, a Camaro 1LT with the four-pot starts at $26,495.

What all does the 1LE package offer? For the lower trims, it gives buyers a taste of up-market Camaro life in the form of upgraded suspension bits borrowed from the SS. That includes stabilizer bars, dampers, rear toe links, and rear cradle mounts. The package also includes Brembo four-piston front brake calipers, upgraded 20-inch wheels with summer tires, an upgraded cooling system, and on V6 models, dual-mode exhaust. The extras total $4,500, and they certainly inject a bit more fun into the lower-range Camaro. Or rather, they will for 2021. Beyond that, a bit more fun requires a lot more horsepower, and that requires a lot more cash.

The report doesn't identify a specific reason for the decision, but it doesn't take a scientific wizard to put two and two together. Camaro sales peaked in 2012 with 91,314 units out the door, followed by a sizeable drop to 80,294 in 2013 before gaining back some ground in 2014 at 86,291. It's been a steady drop since then – six years and counting – with the Bow Tie pony car only logging 29,775 sales last year.
The Camaro could endure through 2026, but a next-generation model is almost certainly out of the question.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:54 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
It's impossible to tell what will become of the Chevy Camaro and when, but the news is consistently unkind to the pony car. U.S. sales peaked at 88,249 units in 2011, fell to 29,775 in annus horribilis 2020, the chip shortage has kept sales pacing even lower so far this year, and the sixth-gen Z/28 has been canceled. The seventh-gen model was first reported to be canceled, then postponed, then rumor said the sixth-gen might be asked to carry the torch — however weakly — until 2026. Now, if Automotive News' survey of future GM products is accurate, it looks like the Camaro's going to be dragged behind the woodshed in 2024. That's the year Camaro assembly is predicted to end, making room for "an electric performance sedan" as a replacement in 2025. Please, let's all give Camaro fans a moment to digest this.

If the Camaro's really given up the fight, that could remove the primary competition for Ford's suspected electric Mustang thought to debut in 2028. Dodge just announced a battery-electric muscle car for 2024 with vulgar specs and teaser photos shot in a nightclub, but we're not sure whether that vehicle will be two or four doors or come in both forms. A battery potent enough for 2-second sprints to 60 miles per hour and a 500-mile range leads us to wager on four doors, at least initially. Chevrolet's entry could be looking more at Auburn Hills than Dearborn, especially by being a sedan, a bodystyle Ford has given up here save for the Mustang Mach-E. And if Chevy does expand the Camaro brief by sliding the name onto a four-door instead of carrying out its teased Camaro silhouette atop GM's Ultium battery pack, then the faithful will take some heart that it isn't a Camaro crossover. At least not at first.

The mystery electric machine will be part of GM's enormous and enormously expensive electrification plans. The General has set aside $35 billion to get at least 20 new EV models on the market in the next five years, including all of Cadillac's lineup; a replacement for the Chevy Bolt; at least one electric Chevrolet crossover to be dubbed Blazer and perhaps two more; a GMC crossover; and battery-powered pickups for the Bowtie and GMC.
Chevy Camaro could be replaced by an EV performance sedan (autoblog.com)
Comfy (07-30-2021)

Quick Reply: Chevrolet: Camaro News