Canadian Colour Combinations?

Old 09-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Colour Combinations?

Does anyone know what ext. int. colour combinations will be available for us Canadians. We never get the selection that you in the US get unfortunately.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:23 PM
Racer

As far as I know, no color information is available for Canadian models yet. And I'm from Toronto too.

I guess if you know anybody who works for Acura Canada, you might be able to get a little more details. I don't know anyone.

My guess is we would be getting similar colors to what our friends are getting across the border. You're right that they usually get different options, but colors are probably going to be the same.

Are you thinking of putting down deposit for the new TL?
Old 09-29-2003, 02:04 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Have you seen the Canadian TSX color combo's?

Don't expect what the US is getting. We'll have less choices for sure.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Racer

Originally posted by domn
Have you seen the Canadian TSX color combo's?

Don't expect what the US is getting. We'll have less choices for sure.
You're correct. The Canadian TSX had less choices than what was offered in the States. Maybe they'll make an exception with the TL?

This is the part that I don't really get. Wouldn't it be easier for Acura to offer same color choices? I just don't get it.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I don't get it either. The only reason I can think of them offering less color choices in Canada is that they've done market research and it somehow shows Canadians want less color combos?

Where's CB, Artic Blue and Met Silver for the TSX. If I had to guess we won't see at least two or three of the TL colors they see in the US.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Instructor

This was posted a couple months ago (by Justin I think). 04 TL Canadian colors:

TL and TL Navi

Nighthawk Black -- Camel or Ebony
Satin Silver -- Ebony
Desert Mist -- Parchment
White Diamond -- Parchment
Abyss Blue -- Camel or Ebony

TL Dynamic

N Black -- Camel or Ebony
Silver -- Ebony
White -- Ebony
Anthracite -- Ebony
Redondo Red -- Ebony

Unfortunately the Canadian market is definitely short changed in the color combo department for both the TL and TSX again.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Pro

Thanks JeffPhx, I thought I had seen that before but couldn't find it when I searched the site. As usual if Justin was right we won't get much selection. However, I think this is the first time I can remember that there are ever more than one interior colour choice for any one exterior colour in one trim level. So i guess it is an improvement. Funny how all the Dynamic interiors are ebony except one. Do most people consider ebony the sportiest interior colour?
Old 09-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by TorontoTL
[BFunny how all the Dynamic interiors are ebony except one. Do most people consider ebony the sportiest interior colour? [/B]
Yeah, I thought that too. Actually, you guys are going to miss arguementively (sp?) the best interior color of quartz, same goes for the TSX too. From the pictures it looks like the nicest color combo with the black over light grey leather and faux carbon fiber / aluminum trim. I thought they might skip the parchment interior and make the camel, ebony and quartz available since the carpets are slightly darker and hide the winter dirt better.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:17 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I've never posted in here but I've been reading for a couple months. I currently own an 01 TL and plan and getting the new 04. I live in Western Canada. I was in my dealership last week and the owner let me quickly look at the colour chart for the Canadian cars. Only 2 options for the interior colour. Beige and Black. I want the quartz but I guess I'll have to do without.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Racer

Canadians will accept less, so in the imortal words of Henry Ford: you can have any colour so long as it is black.

While we did get screwed on colours, the odd thing is they actually paired a nice interiuor (black) with the pearl white exterior in the TSX - a combo not available in the USA. One other point, did anyone ever pick up the 1st TSX brochure for the TSX? It has what appears to be a beautiful dark blue-grey, a colour no available in either the USA or Canada (it isn't the purple available in Can).

As best I can tell, the Acura colour dude imbibes a lot, and chooses his combos after a few pops.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So here's my dilema. Canadian version goes on sale Oct. 15. I leave for vacation for 5 weeks at the end of November. Should I get the car right away and enjoy every minute of it or do I wait until January? Of course since I want a stick, I don't get navi (sucks) and it only comes with summer tyres. That means I need to buy winter too - which is okay. Do you think there will be more interior colour options with next years release? Perhaps I should just wait until then. Thoughts?
Old 09-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by westonc
So here's my dilema. Canadian version goes on sale Oct. 15. I leave for vacation for 5 weeks at the end of November. Should I get the car right away and enjoy every minute of it or do I wait until January? Of course since I want a stick, I don't get navi (sucks) and it only comes with summer tyres. That means I need to buy winter too - which is okay. Do you think there will be more interior colour options with next years release? Perhaps I should just wait until then. Thoughts?
Well if you are like most of us on here, you will want to buy the car ASAP even though you are leaving it for 5 weeks...not to mention the fact that if the new TL lives up to all the hype, it may be like the MDX or Odyssey when first released - meaning you will have to wait 3 months or more from the date you place a deposit to get one! My grandpa just got an MDX and he had to wait 3 full months and they wouldn't budge off of MSRP either...
Old 09-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by westonc
Just FYI, the TL Dynamic PKG is coming out about 3 weeks after the TL & TL-Navi. Don't know why but that is coming from Acura Canada's head office. So if you want the manual order it now, take delivery in Jan. Dealers order the cars three months in advance.
Oh,BTW I will be test driving the new TL on Oct. 8th in T.O.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:22 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Here are the official color combo's for the Candian TL

TL

White - Parchment
Black - Camel/Ebony
Satin Silver - Ebony
Abyss Blue - Camel/Ebony
Desert Mist Metallic - Parchment

TL Navi

White - Parchment
Black - Camel/Ebony
Satin Silver - Ebony
Abyss Blue - Camel/Ebony
Desert Mist Metallic - Parchment

TL Dynamic

White - Ebony
Satin Silver - Ebony
Black - Ebony
Anthracite - Ebony
Redondo Red - Ebony

Again no Quartz.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Banned

TL Dynamic

White - Ebony
Satin Silver - Ebony
Black - Ebony
Anthracite - Ebony
Redondo Red - Ebony
Grrrr. I don't want dark/black/ebony leather in my car!