Cadillac: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Old 05-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news for Caddy. The new CTS should really liven Cadillac's lineup. GM has new transmissions and advanced engines that they are going to pump into Cadillac products, which is great. Cadillac is an up and coming brand!
Old 05-31-2006, 03:57 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Nice work for Caddy, now improve your interior designs.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:09 PM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdeeno
first the GS's is outsold by an *gasp* infiniti, and now this?

What is the world coming to?
i dont know but i love it...
Old 05-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangg172004
i dont know but i love it...
better watchout...1sicklexus might become 1angrylexus
Old 05-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Then you're being closed-minded.

I'd very highly consider a CTS-V or STS-V as my next car...the interiors are not as great as I would like...but, with that kind of performance, who cares?
Maybe it's because Cadillac just isn't as appealing to a 21 yo college student than Lexus?

Last edited by ImportsRhot; 05-31-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Lexus does nothing for me. They build boring luxury cars that have no soul. Lexus' main selling point is quality/reliability and interior refinement.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ImportsRhot
Maybe it's because Cadillac just isn't as appealing to a 21 yo college student than Lexus?
Maybe that's just you but I bet most college aged guys would rather have a 400HP + 6MT car then anything Lexus makes.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Quality is improving.. now they need to work on improving interior materials.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Maybe that's just you but I bet most college aged guys would rather have a 400HP + 6MT car then anything Lexus makes.
I thought I was talking about Cadillac vs. Lexus in general...were we comparing a 400 hp Caddy against a particular Lexus? anyways, I see more lexus on campus than cadillac. Approx. a 5 to 1 ratio.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:30 PM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well... since you guys mentioned it, i wandered over to the lexus boards, and low and behold 1SICK is the first to respond to the topic... typical one at that.

excuses excuses...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219585

"Nissan Armada Wins AutoPacific 2006 Vehicle Satisfaction Award Large
Sport Utility for Third Year in a Row: "Armada is a significant vehicle for
a variety of reasons, the most notable of which is that it comes from a
Japanese brand but is completely tuned for American tastes and
sensibilities. Brand aside, there is absolutely nothing traditionally or
typically Japanese about it. Armada is full size, and when we say
full-size, we mean it! It has a powerful and sophisticated V8 engine bigger
and mightier than the domestic competition! Armada is unapologetically made
for North America and North America alone, with no compromises or
shortcomings."

Those idiots killed any credibility they had with that statement. Its one of the worse reliable vehicle around, pissing off owners left and right."
Old 06-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Quality is improving.. now they need to work on improving interior materials.
That gets a big .
Old 06-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
They say it takes about 1 generation for a car make to 'redeem' itself. It wasn't too long ago that anyone in North America would laugh at someone driving a Japanese import. Similarly, it wasn't too long ago that people used to laugh at those who bought Korean imports (can we say, Hyundai Pony?)

We've all heard that the US Big 3 sat on their laurels and now are feeling the backlash of trying to sell substandard cars. I'm glad that a US make can compete on a world market with quality.

Now, to change a consumer's opinion of quality ... that's going to be tough. In terms of refinement, it is like night and day difference between a high end American make (ie Lincoln and Cadillac) VS high end Japanese make (ie Lexus). Factor in resale value, and it's still a no-brainer why there is such a huge marketshare going towards the Japanese automakers. (I won't even mention the German car companies since those buyers are quite loyal to their respective make.)

I will most likely continue to buy a Japanese make. I'm still undecided but definitely leaning toward Infiniti. My brother has switched from MB to Lexus; my parents will switch from Volvo to Lexus. Toyota has brainwashed my whole family!

PS I was invited to a Cadillac test drive on a closed track not too long ago. I was thoroughly impressed with their handling. Still not impressed with their interior.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maximized
Lexus does nothing for me. They build boring luxury cars that have no soul. Lexus' main selling point is quality/reliability and interior refinement.
true...still better than rebadged honda luxury wannabe though.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by gilboman

Fawkin Gilbo.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dom
Fawkin Gilbo.
just gotta point out the obvious...
Old 06-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Originally Posted by gilboman

"Oh No He Di'ent?"

Old 06-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Racer

If Cadillac improved their interior quality and refinement, i'd take the CTS-V over any vehicle Lexus offers (boring cars anyways).

LS6 engine..yyumm
Old 06-05-2006, 10:23 AM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by F23A4
Other than quality efforts, I think there is little Caddy can do enhance resale value particularly as their products are already priced competitively against other luxo names IMHO. I think perception of GM quality (which is not as bad as rumored) is more at play here.

Getting back to quality, looks like Caddy is doing their part:

caddy better built than Honda and Acura?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Water-S
caddy better built than Honda and Acura?

yup. caddy, buick, etc has always been some of the top reliable american brand. They get a bad rep because of GM's other brand.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Nice work for Caddy, now improve your interior designs.
That's already partially done and the rest is in the works. We have mostly seen the interior of the next gen. CTS and it looks leaps ahead of the current one.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SeCsTaC
Well... since you guys mentioned it, i wandered over to the lexus boards, and low and behold 1SICK is the first to respond to the topic... typical one at that.

excuses excuses...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219585

"Nissan Armada Wins AutoPacific 2006 Vehicle Satisfaction Award Large
Sport Utility for Third Year in a Row: "Armada is a significant vehicle for
a variety of reasons, the most notable of which is that it comes from a
Japanese brand but is completely tuned for American tastes and
sensibilities. Brand aside, there is absolutely nothing traditionally or
typically Japanese about it. Armada is full size, and when we say
full-size, we mean it! It has a powerful and sophisticated V8 engine bigger
and mightier than the domestic competition! Armada is unapologetically made
for North America and North America alone, with no compromises or
shortcomings."

Those idiots killed any credibility they had with that statement. Its one of the worse reliable vehicle around, pissing off owners left and right."
don't really care much for clublex but clicked on the link for shits and giggles - 1sicklex rantin on about how Acura is a "tier 3 sub luxury brand"? Man, this dude has some SERIOUS self-esteem issues.

Back on topic - I've been inside a CTS and hated the quality of interior materials and drivetrain refinement. But no doubt that they're working hard and fast to reach the top of the luxury haystack. For a while, I was all-over the XLR - still like it, but I wish the interior was more exciting and had better materials. It's one badass looking car.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by vishnus11
don't really care much for clublex but clicked on the link for shits and giggles - 1sicklex rantin on about how Acura is a "tier 3 sub luxury brand"? Man, this dude has some SERIOUS self-esteem issues.

Back on topic - I've been inside a CTS and hated the quality of interior materials and drivetrain refinement. But no doubt that they're working hard and fast to reach the top of the luxury haystack. For a while, I was all-over the XLR - still like it, but I wish the interior was more exciting and had better materials. It's one badass looking car.
Dont worry about that. He's always raggin' on Acura, nissan, infiniti, etc that's not lexus. I was told by the admin that I could possibly be banned because of my sig:

If you want the driving experience, buy a BMW
If you want a mix of smoothness and sport, buy a Mercedes
If you want to sleep behind the wheel, buy a Lexus

I cannot believe the bias over there. If you disagree with the mods about their opinion, you get a warning or such. Read my post over there. If Lexus had won that award, they'd be jumpin' and celebrating. But if they come in second, they try to find an excuse so make the source invalid. Read this one too:

http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220222

In that thread, the topic was about handling and performance. They couldn't see to accept that the GS450H is inferior to BMW in those categories, so they say: "Oh lexus is all about comfort, not handling" and such. In previous reviews, if Lexus overcame BMW, they would be celebrating saying such thing as "...lexus has dethrone BMW!"

Now I'm under moderation because they couldnt' accept the fact that BMW > Lexus in handling and driving experience. It's a general concious throughout the automotive world that Lexus vehicles are "boring." Anyone that is insulted by my sig are the ones who do not have that much of a humor, and one who cannot stand to see Lexus being inferior to another brand.

I know this is not the place to vent, but if I post this on clublexus, i'll get the boot
Old 06-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GSteg
Dont worry about that. He's always raggin' on Acura, nissan, infiniti, etc that's not lexus. I was told by the admin that I could possibly be banned because of my sig:

If you want the driving experience, buy a BMW
If you want a mix of smoothness and sport, buy a Mercedes
If you want to sleep behind the wheel, buy a Lexus

I cannot believe the bias over there. If you disagree with the mods about their opinion, you get a warning or such. Read my post over there. If Lexus had won that award, they'd be jumpin' and celebrating. But if they come in second, they try to find an excuse so make the source invalid. Read this one too:

http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220222

In that thread, the topic was about handling and performance. They couldn't see to accept that the GS450H is inferior to BMW in those categories, so they say: "Oh lexus is all about comfort, not handling" and such. In previous reviews, if Lexus overcame BMW, they would be celebrating saying such thing as "...lexus has dethrone BMW!"

Now I'm under moderation because they couldnt' accept the fact that BMW > Lexus in handling and driving experience. It's a general concious throughout the automotive world that Lexus vehicles are "boring." Anyone that is insulted by my sig are the ones who do not have that much of a humor, and one who cannot stand to see Lexus being inferior to another brand.

I know this is not the place to vent, but if I post this on clublexus, i'll get the boot
I was THIS CLOSE to quoting sine guy on ClubLex called "GSTeg"'s sig! Your sig defintely says it all. Bunch of lame ass folk who can't appreciate a car for what it is, but instead insist that theirs is the best.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Cadillac shifts marketing focus

Cadillac shifts marketing focus; cites 'startling' research findings - - Jean Halliday | | Advertising Age / July 27, 2006 - 11:42 am - - Source: Autonews.com

DETROIT -- General Motors' first work for Cadillac from new agency Modernista, Boston, aims to "put a little lust back into the brand."

Younger demo

So said Liz Vanzura, marketing director of the luxury marquee, in unveiling new print work from the agency, which replaced Publicis Groupe's Leo Burnett, Detroit and Chicago. The car brand is dropping the former shop's "Break Through" ads after a four-year run. Vanzura said the new push aims to boost consideration of the Cadillac brand among three main targets younger than its current owners. She calls them "alphas," "hot moms" and "move-ups."

"Our mission is to reignite people's love affair with Cadillac," she said.

Cadillac still plans to keep its loyal older owners, and while it wants to attract more baby boomers, Vanzura said this group is the most difficult to reach because "they are really stuck on Lexus, Mercedes-Benz and BMW and see no reason to switch."

Startling research findings

She said extensive consumer research earlier this year revealed some startling findings: Many younger consumers knew Cadillac's Escalade sport utility vehicle but were unfamiliar with other models. Many didn't see the brand as having a vehicle for them.

Vanzura said the new blitz will "romance" the brand's crested logo to show off its iconic nature. Gary Koepke, executive creative director and co-founder of Modernista, said the Cadillac print work has a three-pronged approach. Some work highlights the crest; other shows people, "to inject an attitude"; and the rest focuses on a single product to help build model awareness.

Print is rolling out in August magazines, and TV spots are expected later in the month. In mid-August Cadillac for the first time will use wild postings in key markets.

Vanzura declined to discuss spending but said it will be comparable to 2005. Cadillac spent $226 million in measured U.S. media last year, according to TNS Media Intelligence.

Age issues

The median age of Cadillac buyers across its lineup is 59, although Jim Taylor, the brand's general marketing manager, said it dropped from 64 since the 2002 model year, when the CTS sedan launched to replace the Catera.

But Cadillac has a dilemma in trying to retain its older buyers while chasing younger ones. Cadillac is "trying to split its image" by keeping the DTS and STS sedans that appeal more to retirees, said Wes Brown, auto analyst with Iceology.

Taylor said Cadillac has made good progress since 2002 in "re-establishing the heritage we had in our glory years." The 12 products launched since then brought back dramatic styling, improved quality and gone are the days of "large, floaty boats," he said.

Cadillac reported that U.S. sales in the first half of 2006 slipped by 9% to 110,620 units. The Escalade model was the only one to post a sales increase -- up 25% to 18,874 units. Cadillac launched the redone 2007 Escalade during the Super Bowl this year.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I need a CTS that will be in the low 30s that offers attractive styling, good performance, high value, and solid dealership service.

Right now the CTS is decent but the wheel options SUCK. Also, the 3.6 doesn't offer a 6MT option.

I would buy a Caddy over a BMW or Audi without question if the car is good. Otherwise, I'll stick with Infiniti or Acura.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Safety Car

They'll continue to shoot themselves in the foot by "splitting" its image.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Many younger consumers knew Cadillac's Escalade sport utility vehicle but were unfamiliar with other models. Many didn't see the brand as having a vehicle for them.
Maybe it has something to do with the only caddy having a real name anymore.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike

. Also, the 3.6 doesn't offer a 6MT option.
Yes it does
Click Here
Old 07-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by charliemike
I need a CTS that will be in the low 30s that offers attractive styling, good performance, high value, and solid dealership service.

Right now the CTS is decent but the wheel options SUCK. Also, the 3.6 doesn't offer a 6MT option.

I would buy a Caddy over a BMW or Audi without question if the car is good. Otherwise, I'll stick with Infiniti or Acura.
I thought there was a CTS Sport that had a manual tranny which came out this year.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Safety Car

Why would any younger person want anything but an escalade. Could see the CTSV breaking in, but thats it.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:49 AM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DTS needs to be a pimpmobile. this car should on the music videos!!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by chungkopi
DTS needs to be a pimpmobile. this car should on the music videos!!
Agreed.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by heyitsme
Why would any younger person want anything but an escalade. Could see the CTSV breaking in, but thats it.
I think the next CTS will be really nice.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

GM Exporting Caddy to South Africa - - SOurce: The Car Connection

General Motors Corp. will begin exporting Cadillacs to South Africa in the fourth quarter, along with a small number of Cadillac models to Australia in late 2007. The vehicles exported to South Africa will hail from the GM assembly plant in Lansing, Mich., and will be outfitted with right-hand drive to comply with South African regulations.

Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager, said the push comes as part of Cadillac's continuing effort to build up its sales in markets in Europe, Asia, and elsewhere in the world. The effort will require patience, he said. Nevertheless, Cadillac sales in China, where GM started selling its luxury brand in 2005, have more than doubled this year. Taylor added Cadillac sales in Russia also have picked up significantly this year.

Taylor said GM is making a concerted effort to re-establish Cadillac as a global brand. European luxury brands are now all over the world and Japanese luxury brands, such as Lexus and Infiniti, also have been expanding into new markets. Cadillac's expansion into South Africa is being helped by GM's decision to build a South African assembly plant for right-hand versions of the HUMMER H3, he said. New Cadillac dealerships in South Africa have showrooms for selling HUMMERs as part of GM's strategy to sell both Cadillacs and HUMMERs in the same dealerships outside of North America, Taylor said. -Joe Szczesny
Old 08-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Safety Car

I agree with all three of Taylor's bullet points. The small crossover segement that the X3 and RDX compete in is about to explode. The SRS looks like nothing more than the tall wagon described, and that needs to change. Also, the ultra lux sedan is needed, though maybe not right away, if it wants to be taken seriously as the "Standard of the World." Maybe they'll be able to develop one off of the RWD, next gen flagship DTS (which is to be renamed). And about that "Standard of the World" slogan, it's about time they're expanding their global presence... that slogan doesn't make sense when you're only strong in your home market.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Race Director

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts
Like I said in another thread - Caddy doesn't do small - something that would be needed for an X3 fighter.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Cadillac in the Slow Lane

Flint: Cadillac in the Slow Lane - - by Jerry Flint - - Source: The Car Connection

Back in my army days they used to tell us, "Take the high ground." It's better to be on top of the hill shooting down than on the bottom, climbing up.

I found this was true in the luxury car business, too. To succeed you had to take the high ground. Sell the higher-priced luxury car with the advanced technology, not the lower-priced one. Don't be worried about costing more. Glory in it.

Our Cadillac forgot this lesson long ago, went for volume, lost the high ground to Mercedes and Lexus and BMW, and really is no longer a luxury nameplate. It's what Buick used to be.

I recall long ago, a General Motors executive told me of his talking to a union leader at a now-shuttered Cadillac plant. The union man told the GM executive something like, "I hope you haven't raised the price much. I want to be able to afford another one."

The GM man told me he was thinking: "You SOB. You shouldn't be able to buy one in the first place."

Cadillac went for volume rather than exclusiveness. Now they pay the price.

Look at the new Lexus LS460 or the Mercedes CLS. They push past $70,000. Cadillac isn't there except with some of the "V" models, limited-volume cars to compete with the AMG and the S and the R and all the other special initial hot cars.

It's said but true. We all wrote about a Cadillac renaissance, but it's over. Look what's happened in the luxury field below. These figures count cars and SUVs.Lincoln is included as a laugh because Ford treats it like a joke.

2006-E 2005 2004 %
Cadillac 230,000 235,002 234,217 -2%
Lexus 325,000 302,895 287,927 +13%
BMW 275,000 266,200 260,079 +6%
Mercedes 245,000 224,269 221,366 +11%
Lincoln 118,000 123,207 139,016 -15%

BMW excludes MINI.

The estimates for this year may be off since the fourth quarter is an unknown and there are lots of new luxury models coming out. But the direction is clear. The foreign luxury brands are growing and Cadillac, at best, is standing still.

You could say that half of those Lexus models are "trucks," compared to only 35 percent of the Cadillacs. Or that more than 40 percent of BWW sales are the 3-Series while only a quarter of Cadillac sales are the CTS. But I'll stick to my guns. Its badge is getting a smaller share of the luxury badge group, and today's big money doesn't consider Cadillac in the luxury class - with one big exception - Escalade SUVs.

What's wrong with Cadillac?

For the most part Cadillac designs are boring compared to competitors. The Escalade is a huge exception, an "over the top" look that should have pointed the way, shown that Cadillac designs must be head-turning to win back customers. The CTS with its sharp edges was successful, too. But new models are designed to please - what? Even bankers want Lexuses nowadays. General Motors bureaucrats even eliminated Cadillac's own styling studio for a while, if you can image that. Pinching pennies and throwing away dollars. There was one exciting Cadillac design: the Sixteen show car. Of course, they aren't building it.

The Escalade and CTS were successful. But that's all. The SRX SUV sells around 20,000 a year; the STS rear-drive sedan is dropping toward 25,000. That's failure to me. The DTS, the renamed DeVille, sells around 65,000 a year, near the DeVille level. The Escalades are new this year and are holding their own. A new CTS is coming but it will be doing fine to match the success of today's model.

Cadillac failed to build a serious rear-drive large car. They did well by making the CTS rear-drive, but that's not a large car. Cadillac has two larger car models, the front-drive DTS and the rear-drive STS, which actually isn't so large. What they need is to do a great rear-drive car with take-your-breath-away looks. One model, not two. But GM isn't willing to invest. The fact is Cadillac never recovered from the GM decision to go front-drive, a mistake they have yet to correct.

I don't blame Cadillac's managers. They've done the best they can. GM's top management just hasn't been willing to create a real division, giving its leaders enough money and power to compete with Lexus and Mercedes and BMW. They went part of the way, but not nearly far enough. We still have Cadillacs using four-speed automatic transmissions.

What's sad is that Cadillac did have some momentum with the Escalade and CTS. But the moment is over and the division seems to be slipping farther behind the leaders as that chart shows. The luxury market continues to grow, but alas, our Cadillac isn't getting any of that growth.

Like John Greenleaf Whittier wrote:

For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might have been."
Old 10-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I partially agree with the above. I think Flint is over-critical of Cadillac's performance during the past few years. The new CTS will probably be a very big success. I believe the main sore points with respect to models, have been the STS and the SRX. The SRX was done poorly, especially in the inside and hence it did not sell well. That has been somewhat corrected with the 07 models but I have not been in one yet, I cant tell how much of an improvement there is.

The STS was not done right either. Inside and out and with the hardware. Too toned down on the outside, dynamically was inferior to the German competition on the V6 level which is where the volume is and had nothing pioneering to offer with regard to hardware and technlogies in general. It is also quite "rough around the edges" interior-wise.

The XLR was also rough around the edges but there was never supposed to be much volume there anyway.

The DTS has saved a lot of the STS with regard to volume in that category size-wise and the main reason it's selling well is the price point for how much car you get. So another value point which can only be compared to the Lexus ES (not in size but the fact that it offers value). Value and true luxury dont go together though, so the DTS might have helped the numbers but not the brand's image.

I believe that the problem with Cadillac is the lack of new product for about a year and a half now (there has been new product, just not enough) and the lack of pioneering tech that people want! There is a good possibility that we will see both in the next 2-3 years, but if not, the brand is ruined, once again. And I cant imagine Lutz letting that happen.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by gavriil
The STS was not done right either. Inside and out and with the hardware. Too toned down on the outside, dynamically was inferior to the German competition on the V6 level which is where the volume is and had nothing pioneering to offer with regard to hardware and technlogies in general. .

Buddy and I took a STS out for a spin. The sales guy was going on and on about how it comes standard with a remote starter.

I was thinking, great.. i could go to pepboys and buy one for $89 back in 1997.

But agreed with most of what was said. I still think its a mistake on GMs part to be offering huge discounts on a luxury brand.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Safety Car

I initially thought that the ariticle was harsh. The first few paragraphs had me thing he was going overboard. The more I read though, the more I agreed with. It's the same points I've been saying about them for years. The fact that the divison simply hasn't gone all the way is evident, and it's all top brass's fault. The people in the design studios and the engineering people are car guys, not accountants... they want to be able to focus on product. As the article said, they NEED a true, all out, luxury sedan (S-Class/7-Series/LS) competitor. The also need a proper STS and SRX... in other words, it all falls back to product.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cadillac: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News