Cadillac: DTS news

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cadillac: DTS news

By DAVE GUILFORD | Automotive News

Cadillac may convert the DeVille to rear-wheel drive when a new version debuts for the 2007 model year, dealers were told at the NADA make meeting.

Cadillac officials earlier indicated the DeVille might be an exception to Cadillac's move to rwd. The reasoning was that the current front-wheel-drive version would help Cadillac retain its older, traditional buyers while it moved most of its car lineup to rwd.

Dealer Bob Thomas of Bob Thomas Cadillac in Bend, Ore., said Cadillac also gave strong indications it will build an ultraluxury car incorporating elements of the Sixteen concept car, which is a V-16, 1,000-hp sedan that was displayed at the Detroit auto show last month.

"They did talk about being very serious about building a very prestigious car of the ilk of the Sixteen," Thomas said.

Mark LaNeve, Cadillac marketing general manager, confirmed that GM wants to do "an ultraluxury, super-premium, almost unattainable-type product," but said plans are not complete.

Thomas also said dealers are being asked to pay $12,000 to $14,000 to carry the XLR roadster being launched this year. The fee primarily will cover enhanced training for sales and service personnel.

"I think a significant amount is to make sure we're prepared to competently deliver a $75,000 automobile," Thomas said. "It's not unreasonable, but you're not going to get your investment back initially." About 900 of 1,200 Cadillac dealers have signed up, he added.

LaNeve said Cadillac has been emphasizing training as it prepares to bring out the XLR, the SRX sport wagon and the CTS V Series performance roadster. The array of options on the SRX also will test dealers, he said. "The SRX is the first car for us that you can order a V-6 or a V-8, rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, ultra-view roof or not, magnetic ride control or not," he said. "So there's a lot of combinatons."

LaNeve also said Cadillac met its goal of selling 30,000 certified used vehicles in 2002 and is aiming to sell 35,000 in 2003. He predicted that by the first quarter of 2004, 150 Cadillac dealers will have store renovations using Cadillac's new architectural and interior design theme.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Cadillac DTS News **Unveiled with Presidential Limo (page 2)**

Spy Shots: ‘06 Cadillac DeVille - - Sticking with the front wheels. - - by Brenda Priddy - - Source: The Car Connection

Codenamed GMX272, Cadillac is readying the DeVille for a major and very significant freshening - inside and out - for the 2006 model year. The DeVille will remain the only front-wheel-drive Cadillac until the all-new rear-wheel-drive DeVille arrives sometime in 2008.

Even under this heavy camouflage, one can see - inside and out - that the 2006 DeVille will borrow styling cues from the Cadillac Sixteen concept car.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:46 AM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Christ almighty Cadillac isn't wasting time
Old 07-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by TypeSAddict
Christ almighty Cadillac isn't wasting time
Actually, I thought that the new gen. Deville with RWD would have been out next year. To me, they are LATE already!
Old 07-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
i think it is to keep the oldies happy. the seville will remain the ultimate caddy until the new deville in 2008. Then we will have the Deville will be the ultimate caddy again. The world will be in order again.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually think the current Deville is great and perfect for their market.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I actually think the current Deville is great and perfect for their market.
i agree. i want one when i get old. Actually, i kinda want one now. I think they look sweet as hell.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I love what Cadillac is doing.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gavriil
Actually, I thought that the new gen. Deville with RWD would have been out next year. To me, they are LATE already!

EXACTLY.... I wasn't expecting a freshing. I was expecting a total, metaphysical, phenomenal earth shattering, 7Series/S-Class/A8/LS ass kicking monster. That being said, I guess I can wait just a few more years if Caddy decides to get make sure they get it right. With Lincoln on the ropes, I guess they figure the can bide their time few more years and really go for fullfilling that "Standard of the World" moniker.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Safety Car

The inside looks nice, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it fwd considering it sells so well the way it is. Awd would be a nice touch though.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by heyitsme
The inside looks nice, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it fwd considering it sells so well the way it is. Awd would be a nice touch though.
Yeah. I think they're going to keep this FWD with heavy cosmetic revisions to keep it fresh until the all new RWD car bows in a few years as the next. gen. I'm guessing they'll change the name to simply DTS.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Loseit
i think it is to keep the oldies happy. the seville will remain the ultimate caddy until the new deville in 2008. Then we will have the Deville will be the ultimate caddy again. The world will be in order again.

I think they want the new STS to reign supreme for a little while. Releasing the new Deville would steal the STS's thunder. The Deville as it is sells quite well, so I think it was a wise decision to leave it pretty much as is for some time before spending the resources to build a totally new model.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:34 PM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dad had a deville and he loved it because it's huge and comfortable!!
Old 08-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Cadillac testing DeVille replacement

Cadillac is testing prototypes of the big front-wheel-drive sedan that will replace the current DeVille in model year 2006. In keeping with the General Motors Corp. division's new naming convention, the car will be called Cadillac DTS.

While the thingypit is being updated and the sheet metal heavily revised, there will be few major changes under the skin because the current chassis and driveline are being carried over. An all-new Cadillac flagship sedan isn't expected until the end of the decade.
The 2006 DTS will maintain the same exterior dimensions and ample proportions of the current DeVille, but its nose and tail will get a significant makeover to bring the car in line stylistically with the rest of the Cadillac family.

That means the DTS will feature more angular lines and a prominent egg-crate grille to give it more of a family resemblance to the STS and CTS sedans.

--Paul Lienert

Source: detnews

Old 08-05-2004, 03:39 PM
The hair says it all

the deville is really nice looking. it reminds me of a mob car (i saw 2 black ones in a row, looking brand new with black tints and thought of that).

they need to keep something around with a feather soft suspension to keep old people interested
Old 01-17-2005, 10:35 AM
__

Cadillac: DTS news **2011 Revealed (page 2)**

Cadillac cruises on Inauguration Day
President Bush plans to ride down Pennsylvania Ave. in the new DTS limousine.
January 17, 2005: 9:12 AM EST

DETROIT (Reuters) - President Bush will ride down Pennsylvania Avenue on Inauguration Day in the new Cadillac DTS limousine, giving the first glimpse of the new flagship sedan from General Motors Corp., the automaker said Monday.

The black presidential limousine is wider, taller and longer than the DTS sedan, but it shows the new sharper-edged styling for the new model, which goes on sale this fall.

Transporting Bush in Thursday's parade will help reinforce Cadillac's image, said Keith Spondike, marketing manager for the DTS and its predecessor, the DeVille.

"It really fits with Cadillac's position of appealing to and transporting high profile people whether it was Elvis in the '50s or high profile stars and officials today," he told Reuters.

GM (Research) hopes the new DTS will win back some car buyers who in recent years took to import brands such as Lexus from Toyota Motor Co. (Research), Spondike said.

"Many of the them used to drive Cadillacs in the '70s and '80s," he said.

GM (Research) will reveal the new DTS at the Chicago Auto Show in early February. The DTS will have a larger, bolder grille, a bigger Cadillac crest than the DeVille, and offer a more responsive ride with reduced road noise and vibrations, said Al Gagne, product manager for the DTS and DeVille.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/17/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes
Old 01-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Bush probably got paid millions of dollar to do it.
I hate him anyway.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Hmm...I wonder how eggs will affect this year's limo compared with the one from 4 years ago...
Old 01-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by AsianRage
Bush probably got paid millions of dollar to do it.
I hate him anyway.
Yeah he got millions to do it.........don't be a shitbag.

If anyone was going to take millions for riding in a new GM limo, that would be Klinton.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:24 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Beltfed

If anyone was going to take millions for riding in a new GM limo, that would be Klinton.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
So there are no spy pics of the new DTS, I assume?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:50 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Thumbs down Lame

You had to insult me because I don't like Dubya?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Outnumbered at home

You had to insult me because I don't like Dubya?

I think he insulted you because of your pointless and amazingly unrelevent comment about Bush. Do we care? No. Want to discuss him go to R&P. This is about the car.

And i doubt he gets paid to ride in it. Do you know how long the thing was probably in discussions with the whitehouse as it obviously will have gone through an amazing amount of modifications to be acceptable as a presidential limo Caddy is the one that want the publicity, why would bush care
Old 01-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Originally Posted by 95gt
I think he insulted you because of your pointless and amazingly unrelevent comment about Bush. Do we care? No. Want to discuss him go to R&P. This is about the car.

And i doubt he gets paid to ride in it. Do you know how long the thing was probably in discussions with the whitehouse as it obviously will have gone through an amazing amount of modifications to be acceptable as a presidential limo Caddy is the one that want the publicity, why would bush care

and well stated!!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by phile
So there are no spy pics of the new DTS, I assume?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Pro

If I was prez, I would roll up in a late 70s Nova, have the inaugural ball at a Holiday Inn, and serve one of those Subway party subs.

This isn't a monarchy; the president is a servant of the people.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX Hokie
If I was prez, I would roll up in a late 70s Nova, have the inaugural ball at a Holiday Inn, and serve one of those Subway party subs.

I'll bet Dubya's never even been to a Holiday Inn. He probably wouldn't know where to find one.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by dabuda
Old 01-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by 95gt

Ahem,

FYI, I don't doubt that Cadillac wants the publicity but I wouldn't doubt that Bush got paid in the process. I don't want to discuss this, I didn't want to discuss this. I read the post, I made my comment. I didn't insult anyone so please don't insult me and think it's alright. "Hate" is a feeling, not defamation. Know the difference.

I'm disappointed that a "mega" mod can insult whoever he wants yet no one can say other wise.

Lame.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by dabuda
The change isn't that significant. Wouldn't mind some larger pics though...
Old 01-18-2005, 05:58 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Ahem,

FYI, I don't doubt that Cadillac wants the publicity but I wouldn't doubt that Bush got paid in the process. I don't want to discuss this, I didn't want to discuss this. I read the post, I made my comment. I didn't insult anyone so please don't insult me and think it's alright. "Hate" is a feeling, not defamation. Know the difference.

I'm disappointed that a "mega" mod can insult whoever he wants yet no one can say other wise.

Lame.
Waaaa Waaa Waaaa
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
You make lame comments without any proof or merit AND in the wrong forum be prepared to get it dished back at you.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

AMEN.

If you would settle for VP, you can be my running mate in 08.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:18 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts

You forgot the Pabst Blue Ribbon
Old 01-18-2005, 06:24 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by F23A4
and well stated!!
Minus the 'unrelevant' part
Old 01-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Banned

I would rather look at goatse pics...much easier on the eyes
Old 01-18-2005, 06:29 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
wow. Little late on this one. That's a good thing.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Drifting

Ahem,

Lame.
Why would the president be receiving $$$ from Cadillac? That sounds almost illegal to me.. Cadillac bribing the president of U.S. so they can build the presidential limo? That's Preposterous!

That's almost like saying Boeing paid Clinton (was it Dubya's father??) to build the AirForce 1.

As someone mentioned, you should go visit the R&P for Bush bashing.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Waaaa Waaa Waaaa
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
You make lame comments without any proof or merit AND in the wrong forum be prepared to get it dished back at you.
STFU Dude!
A comment is an opinion. I don't mind if someone called me on it being in the wrong forum. But did it have to resolve to insult right away?
Old 01-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by sipark
Why would the president be receiving $$$ from Cadillac? That sounds almost illegal to me.. Cadillac bribing the president of U.S. so they can build the presidential limo? That's Preposterous!

That's almost like saying Boeing paid Clinton (was it Dubya's father??) to build the AirForce 1.

As someone mentioned, you should go visit the R&P for Bush bashing.
I didn't bash Dubya. I suggested a probability a hypothesis that has yet to be proven. The only way I'd bash Bush is if I had stated a fact.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts

ROFL ... Clinton would have taken a blowjob ... Bush wants cash

Quick Reply: Cadillac: DTS news