Cadillac: ATS News

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I just test drove a red 3.6L Premium (I believe) over the weekend. Pretty sweet ride. Unfortunately, the route we had to take, I couldn't floor it. lol. Looks every bit as good in person as I thought in pics. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the CUE system yet, but it's not sluggish like the XTS version of CUE from what I saw. The trunk is almost worthless for more than one suitcase, but I couldn't care less (I think). The back seat was kind of tight, but not ridiculously so. I wouldn't want to sit back there for a long trip and I'm 5'11". But I was also was bumping my head getting out of the backseat. The ride was a combination of smooth and refined without being Lexus "soft". I felt the road, but it didn't feel like I was going to blow my back out driving the thing.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
$42-45k for a 6MT Performance 2.0T ATS is about the same as a Prestige A4 and a 328i Sport I think. Just sticker shock for me that his class car is over $50k on a regular basis now.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
I need to know what the ATS-V is going to pack. TT V6 with only 380hp meh... if the rumored tri-turbo M is going to be at 450hp, yes I know it'll probably be 10-15k+ more, but still.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
I test drove a 3.6 rwd ATS at a Friends and Family Day thing at the GM proving grounds in Milford a few weeks back. I was pretty impressed with how the car handled and performed overall when pushed. I wasn't paying attn to space, room, fit and finish etc that much,......just driving it as hard as I could withing the general rules we were supposed to follow on the test track setup. I thought it drove nicely, and handled pretty well. Felt decently quick off the line WOT. I really wish they had the 2.0L turbo with manual to drive, but no such luck.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
I need to know what the ATS-V is going to pack. TT V6 with only 380hp meh... if the rumored tri-turbo M is going to be at 450hp, yes I know it'll probably be 10-15k+ more, but still.
An LS engine would fit under the bonnet I believe.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by West6MT
An LS engine would fit under the bonnet I believe.
A LSx with 430hp sounds good
Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

^ from what I've read it doesn't look like they will put an LS V8 in there (trust me at this point that's what I would prefer), instead it will be a TT version of their 3.6L
Old 04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/130429911

Cadillac coupes have always carried a certain degree of dignity and romance, often underlined with performance and imposing design. Think Don Draper's '62 Coupe de Ville.

Now comes the 2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe, the two-door version of the sedan launched last year as a BMW 3-series and Mercedes C-class fighter.

These are true spy shots: camo and black cladding set against a barbed wire fence. Cue the cloak and dagger. But the coupe carries significance for Cadillac as it will be positioned as the sporty take on the ATS—at least until we see an ATS-V. Competitors are updating their own portfolios too; BMW isn't going to give up its spot at the top of the pecking order without a fight and the 2-Series and 4-series coupes should be strong sellers.

Evidence that this is the ATS coupe is found in the relatively short wheelbase—it looks too tight to be a CTS coupe—and the timing is perfect for a two-door ATS variant.

The ATS coupe is based on the same front-engine, rear-wheel chassis we loved in the ATS sedan. Expect the powertrain to be fairly similar to the sedan, likely including the naturally aspirated 2.5-liter four-cylinder and turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder. The gearboxes will likely include six-speed automatic and manual units. A possible ATS-V could run a potent 3.0-liter V6.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Waiting for an ILX coupe
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 AM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

How long are you planning to wait for ? 5 years ? 10 years ?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Waiting for an ILX coupe
Found it.

The following users liked this post:
charliemike (03-17-2014)
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

The badges are all wrong. Should be an "A" not a "H".
Old 04-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
^^^^^

The badges are all wrong. Should be an "A" not a "H".
Don't encourage the ricers. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:50 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Cadillac Introduces 2015 ATS Coupe
  • Cadillac's first compact luxury Coupe, infused with ATS sedan's agility
  • 2.0L Turbo model is segment's lightest, with increased torque for faster acceleration
  • Launching in summer 2014, continuing Cadillac's ongoing expansion

DETROIT – Cadillac today introduced the all-new 2015 ATS Coupe, a quicker and more personal addition to the award-winning ATS product line. Lighter, more agile and more engaging than its competitors, it extends Cadillac's product-driven growth and the brand's tradition of dynamic luxury Coupes.

Cadillac's first-ever compact luxury Coupe goes on sale this summer, offering drivers the choice of rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, and the power from a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder or a 3.6L six-cylinder. In all combinations, ATS Coupe takes advantage of its lightweight and strong structure to deliver exhilarating performance with efficiency, with a segment-leading power-to-weight ratio.

"The 2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe is a natural step in the brand's progression, and another distinctive, fun-to-drive and technologically advanced product for a new generation of drivers extending our target groups," said Uwe Ellinghaus, chief marketing officer, Global Cadillac. "It is an exclusively distinctive American alternative, unique in its class, yet delivering a sporty and sophisticated driving experience rivaling the world's best."

Like the sedan, the ATS Coupe's driving dynamics are rooted in mass efficiency, which helps make it one of Cadillac's lightest and most agile models ever – and the lightest car in the compact luxury Coupe segment. In fact, the 2.0L Turbo engine is upgraded from the current ATS sport sedan to deliver nearly 14 percent more torque for 2015, taking it to 295 lb-ft (400 Nm). This gives the standard ATS Coupe an advantage in power and weight over similarly equipped Coupes such as the BMW 428i.

Greater torque means greater pulling power, for a greater feeling of responsiveness at low speeds, and helps the ATS Coupe achieve an estimated 0-60 time of 5.6 seconds.

"More power with less weight is always a better combination for performance, and the ATS Coupe offers one of the best power-to-weight ratios in the segment, making it feel lighter, more direct and responsive," said David Leone, Cadillac executive chief engineer. "Engineers vetted the ATS's performance on the track and the Coupe benefits from that exhaustive validation – all matched with Cadillac's trademark refinement."

Elements that contribute to the ATS Coupe's balanced performance and responsive characteristics include:
  • Nearly perfect 50/50 weight balance and low center of gravity
  • Five-link independent rear suspension featuring lightweight, high-strength steel and efficient straight link designs
  • A multi-link double-pivot MacPherson-strut front suspension with direct-acting stabilizer bar
  • Underbody aerodynamic shields
  • Premium, belt-driven electric variable-effort steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
  • Brembo front brakes
  • Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels
  • Available all-wheel drive

A driver-adjustable FE3 sport suspension is available and includes Magnetic Ride Control, a mechanical limited-slip differential, high-capacity engine cooling system and 18-inch summer-performance tires. Magnetic Ride Control is a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control. It "reads" the road and can change damping every millisecond.

Design details

The 2015 ATS Coupe rides on the same 109.3-inch (2,775 mm) wheelbase as the sedan, but features its own bodywork. The roof, doors, rear fenders and trunk lid are unique to the Coupe, along with a specific front fascia and front fenders that accommodate a wider track than the sedan. It is also the first production model to wear Cadillac's revised crest.

The Coupe also has an aggressive stance, with wider front/rear tracks than the sedan, enhanced by short overhangs and sheet metal that wrapping tautly around the tires. Standard 18-inch wheels are exclusive to the Coupe.

Bold lighting elements are a Cadillac signature feature and the ATS Coupe advances that tradition with available LED headlamps with Adaptive Forward Lighting. Base models feature projector-beam headlamps, while high-intensity-discharge headlamps and front vertical LED light signatures are included on all collections above the standard model. Illuminating outside door handles on Performance and Premium collections lend technologically advanced style and function to the distinctive Coupe. All models feature LED technology for the taillamps and rear-center stop lamp.

The ATS Coupe also includes capless fueling.

Inside, the sedan's driver-focused cabin carries over to the Coupe, featuring handcrafted cut-and-sewn upholstered interior combinations, decorative stitching and authentic materials, including leather, aluminum, carbon fiber and wood, which enhance the emotional connection to the driving experience.

Choices of many interior color themes, each with unique accent trim materials, cover a wide range – from light, open and warm to dark and serious, and bold technical and sporty.

Available interior features include:
  • OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with built-in WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity with natural voice recognition
  • Text-to-voice converts incoming text messages to speech and reads them over the audio system speakers
  • USB, auxiliary and SD memory card ports
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription
  • Reconfigurable 5.7-inch, three-window instrument panel cluster display
  • Full-color reconfigurable head-up display

A Bose ® premium audio system with Active Noise Cancelation technology is standard on all models and includes electronic sound enhancement on models equipped with the available premium surround sound audio system. Exclusive to ATS Coupe and differing from other manufacturers' system that pipe recorded engine sounds through the audio system, Cadillac's system enhances only the car's authentic powertrain sounds to enhance the performance experience.

The 12-speaker surround sound upgrade is available on Standard and Luxury, and it is included with Performance and Premium collections. It includes Bose Audio Pilot, which continuously monitors ambient sounds and adjusts the music volume and program content to optimize the listening experience

Additionally, a navigation system is also available on Luxury and Performance collections, and it is standard with the Premium Collection.

Enhanced Cadillac CUE leads technologies

Cadillac CUE is the centerpiece of the ATS Coupe's comprehensive collection of technologies designed to enhance the driving experience and complement customers' increasingly connected lifestyles. It is available on base models and standard on Luxury, Performance and Premium collections, with enhanced connectivity and convenience for 2015, including a new Text-to-Voice feature for smartphone users with Bluetooth profile (M.A.P.) and Siri Eyes Free for iPhone iOS 6 and iOS 7 users enhance connectivity and convenience. Each enables voice-controlled connectivity – and helps keep phones in pockets and hands on the wheel.

The heart of CUE is the eight-inch LCD multi-touch sensitive screen, integrated into the top of the central instrument panel and featuring a motorized, fully capacitive faceplate at the bottom concealing a 1.8L storage area. CUE's vibrant LCD screen resembles a smartphone's screen, with large, easy-to-target icons to execute commands.

Complementing CUE is OnStar 4G LTE connectivity, featuring a new built-in WiFi hotspot that can connect up to seven devices at once. The new 4G LTE connection can also be used to power CUE Collection, a new in-car app marketplace coming to Cadillac vehicles this year.

Additional technologies that make life with the ATS Coupe more convenient include the capability of remotely starting the engine or lowering the windows with the key fob or the owner's smartphone. EZ Key passive entry and push-button starting is standard, too, so the key never needs to leave the driver's pocket or purse.

Power-dense powertrains

The engine lineup includes a standard 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder and available 3.6L V-6. The award-winning 2.0L Turbo is rated at 272 horsepower (203 kW) and 295 lb-ft of torque (400 Nm). The award-winning 3.6L V-6 is rated at 321 horsepower (239 kW) and 275 lb-ft of torque (373 Nm).

At 136hp/L, the 2.0L Turbo is one of the most power-dense engines in the industry, topping engines from European competitors. It also delivers 90 percent of its peak torque from 2100 rpm to 5400 rpm and the full 295 lb-ft of peak torque (400 Nm) from 3000 to 4600 rpm. The broad torque band is supported by boost levels as high as 18 psi (1.26 bar) in the speed range, which is designed to give the lightweight ATS Coupe an exhilarating feeling of immediate power on demand.

Both engines feature direct injection and dual overhead camshafts with continuously variable valve timing, which help optimize power and efficiency, as well as reduce emissions. And each is matched with the Hydra-Matic 6L45 six-speed automatic transmission with tap-shift control. A six-speed manual is also available with the 2.0L Turbo.

Advanced safety features

ATS Coupe provides the same safety technologies that earned the sedan NHTSA 5-Star all-around and overall crash safety ratings – the highest available.

Additionally, Cadillac provides available advanced safety based on Cadillac's "control and alert" strategy, which employs up to two cameras, eight ultrasonic sensors and six radar signals to help prevent crashes. The safety features bolster driver vision and awareness of road hazards, and can even assist to help the driver avert potential crashes. In certain situations, Cadillac's advanced crash-avoidance systems, such as automatic braking, can pre-fill and automatically apply braking in response to potential hazards.

Among the most sophisticated of the features is Fr ont and Rear Automatic Braking . It relies on radar, camera and ultrasonic technology to help the driver prevent front and rear low-speed collisions via a progression of alerts that extend to complete braking, if necessary.

Many of the advanced safety features are bundled in the Driver Awareness and Driver Assist Packages. The Driver Awareness package is available on Luxury and included in Performance and Premium Collections. It includes:
  • Safety Alert Seat
  • Forward Collision Alert
  • Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist – new to Cadillac for 2015
  • Intellibeam ® high-beam control
  • Front and rear park assist
  • Rear-vision camera with dynamic guidelines

The Driver Assist package is available on Performance and Premium collections and includes all of the Driver Awareness package content, plus:
  • Full-Speed Range Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Automatic Collision Preparation
  • Motorized safety belts – new to Cadillac for 2015
  • Electronic Park Brake
  • Front and Rear Automatic Braking
  • Enhanced Side Blind Zone Alert – new to Cadillac for 2015
  • Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
  • Full-color head-up display

The advanced technologies complement other ATS safety features, including eight standard air bags, safety belt pretensioners and load limiters, StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with full-function traction control and four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel ABS, patented rotor coating protection and auto-dry functionality.

2015 CADILLAC ATS COUPE PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS

2.0L Turbo DI VVT
  • Displacement (cu in / cc): 122 / 1998
  • Bore & stroke (in / mm): 3.39 x 3.39 / 86 x 86
  • Block material: cast aluminum
  • Cylinder head material: cast aluminum
  • Valvetrain: DOHC, four-valves per cylinder, continuously variable valve timing
  • Fuel delivery: direct high-pressure fuel injection
  • Compression ratio: 9.5:1
  • Horsepower (hp / kW @ rpm): 272 / 203 @ 5500 (SAE certified)
  • Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm): 295 / 400 @ 3000-4600 (SAE certified)
  • Recommended fuel: premium recommended but not required
  • Maximum engine speed (rpm): 7,000
  • Cadillac-estimated fuel economy (city / hwy): 21 / 31

Transmission Type: TREMEC TR3160 fully synchronized six-speed manual with single overdrive

Gear ratios:
  • First: 4.12
  • Second: 2.62
  • Third: 1.81
  • Fourth: 1.30
  • Fifth: 1.00
  • Sixth: 0.80
  • Reverse: 3.75
  • Final drive ratio: 3.27

3.6L V-6 DI VVT
  • Displacement (cu in / cc): 217 / 3564
  • Bore & stroke (in / mm): 3.7 x 3.37 / 94 x 85.6
  • Block material: cast aluminum
  • Cylinder head material: cast aluminum
  • Valvetrain: DOHC, four valves per cylinder, continuously variable valve timing
  • Fuel delivery: direct high-pressure fuel injection
  • Compression ratio: 11.5:1
  • Horsepower (hp / kW @ rpm): 321 / 239 @ 6800 (SAE certified)
  • Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm): 275 / 373 @ 4800 (SAE certified)
  • Recommended fuel: regular unleaded or E85
  • Maximum engine speed (rpm): 7200
  • Cadillac-estimated fuel economy (city / hwy): 19 / 28

Transmission Type: Hydra-Matic 6L45 six-speed, electronically controlled, automatic overdrive with torque converter clutch
  • Gear ratios:
  • First: 4.06
  • Second: 2.37
  • Third: 1.55
  • Fourth: 1.16
  • Fifth: 0.85
  • Sixth: 0.67
  • Reverse: 3.20
  • Final drive ratio: 3.27

Chassis / Suspension

Configuration: rear-wheel drive

Differential: open (FE2); mechanical limited-slip (FE3)

Front suspension:
- FE2: MacPherson-type with dual lower ball joints, twin-tube struts and direct-acting stabilizer bar.
- FE3: Magnetic Ride Control with monotube inverted struts
Rear suspension:
- FE2: independent five-link with twin-tube shock absorbers
- FE3: Magnetic Ride Control with monotube shocks
Steering type: ZF rack-mounted electric, power-assisted and variable assist

Steering ratio:
- FE2: 16.8:1
- FE3: 15.3:1
Steering turns, lock to lock:
- FE2: 3.16
- FE3: 2.86
Turn circle (ft / m):
- FE2 RWD: 36.38 / 11.09
- FE3 RWD: 35.99 / 10.97
- FE2 AWD: 38.05 / 11.60
Chassis control: four-channel StabiliTrak w/ brake assist and traction control

Wheels and Tires

Wheel size and type:
- 18 x 8-inch aluminum (machined-face)
- 18 x 8-inch aluminum (polished)
- 18 x 9-inch aluminum (FE3 rear)
Tire size:
- 225/40R18 92V run-flat all-season
- 225/40R18 88W / 255/35R18 90W run-flat summer-only

Brakes

Type:
- four-wheel disc with sliding calipers on base; four-channel ABS/TCS w/ DRP; Brembo brakes with fixed calipers on Luxury, Performance and Premium collections 18 x 9-inch aluminum (FE3 rear)
Rotor type and thickness (in / mm):
- standard front: 11.8 x 1.02 (300 x 26) vented, with Ferritic Nitro Carburized process for corrosion resistance
- standard rear: 12.4 x 0.90 (315 x 23) vented, with Ferritic Nitro Carburized process for corrosion resistance

- uplevel front: 12.6 x 1.18 (321 x 30) vented, with Ferritic Nitro Carburized process for corrosion resistance
- uplevel rear: 12.4 x 0.90 (315 x 23) vented, with Ferritic Nitro Carburized process for corrosion resistance

Dimensions

Exterior
  • Wheelbase (in / mm): 109.3 / 2775
  • Length (in / mm): 183.6 / 4663
  • Height (in / mm): 54.8 / 1392 (roof) ; 55.1 / 1399 (with antenna)
  • Width (in / mm): 72.5 / 1841
  • Track (in / mm): front: 60.3 / 1532 ; rear: 61.7 / 1568
  • Curb weight (lb / kg): 3418 / 1550
  • Weight distribution (% front / rear): 51 / 49

Interior
  • Legroom (in / mm): front: 42.3 / 1074 ; rear: 33.5 / 850
  • Headroom (in / mm): front: 37.6 / 954 ; rear: 35.1 / 891
  • Shoulder room (in / mm): front: 54.1 / 1375 ; rear: 51.1 / 1298
  • Hip room (in / mm): front: 54.1 / 1374 ; rear: 44.5 / 1131

Capacities
  • Seating capacity (front / rear): 2 / 2
  • EPA passenger volume (cu ft / L): 83.9 / 2377
  • EPA trunk volume (cu ft / L): 10.4 / 295
  • Trailer towing maximum (lb / kg): 1000 / 454 (3.6L)
  • Fuel tank (gal / L): 16 / 60.5
  • Engine oil (qt / L): 2.0L RWD: 5 / 4.7 (RWD) ; 2.0L AWD : 6 / 5.7 (AWD) ; 3.6L: 6 / 5.7
  • Cooling system (qt / L): 8.1 / 7.7 (2.0L) 11 / 10.4 (3.6L)

Last edited by AZuser; 01-14-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Some dude

I like it. Especially the rear end that isn't gigantic like the CTS coupe's.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
It looks great. Still getting used to the no-wreath stretched logo.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
I don't know, it looks too much like the sedan IMO. Also the high belt line makes the rear wheels look small. The old CTS coupe looked like a proper coupe.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
meh nothing special. Doesn't do anything for me really
Old 01-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,651 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Like it!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:27 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
Looks okay, not as nice as G37 or 4 series. About the same level as C-Class "German Accord" Coupe
Old 01-14-2014, 02:50 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
It's "conservative" in its design.

It's sure none of the awesomeness that was the former CTS coupe.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

I don't like it. It looks like a sedan with two doors.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Meh. The 2G CTS design was freaking awesome...awesome enough that I bought two. This is milquetoast. I can't believe this came from the same people who designed the Elmiraj concept.

Elmiraj

Cadillac is absolutely farging STUPID if they don't produce the Elmiraj.

ATS Coupe: meh.

Further, no ATS-V, no care.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:46 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

I've found that the 3G CTS, and the now new ATS designs as "going backwards" to the more "conservative" designs of the 1G CTS.

...and a big YES to the ELmiraj
Old 01-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by neuronbob

Further, no ATS-V, no care.
It's coming

and x3 @ ELmiraj
Old 01-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Cool 425 Horsepower And Twin-Turbo V-6

neuronbob, you got your wish...

Wow. Again, Honda: please wake up!

From here: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...c-ats-v-report

Cadillac introduced a new ATS Coupe at the Detroit Auto Show this week, but missing from the automaker’s stand was a high-performance ‘V’ version. We know Cadillac still plans to launch an ATS-V, initially as a sedan and then as a coupe, and the choice of powerplant for these cars is a twin-turbocharged V-6.

Now we have an idea of how much power to expect. Motor Trend is reporting that the upcoming ATS-V models will feature a 425-horsepower version of the twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V-6 found in the CTS Vsport and XTS Vsport models.

That matches the output of BMW’s new M3 and M4 models and is less than the output of the Lexus RC F, and it’s likely to be lower than the output of the next-generation Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, but the ATS-V models should be lighter than their rivals thanks to the base ATS’ Alpha underpinnings. The ATS-V models are also said to benefit from a seven-speed manual transmission (GM's new eight-speed auto is likely to be an option).

The story doesn’t end there, however. The ATS-V models are also reported to come in more potent ‘plus’ flavor. These will reportedly receive a different engine altogether, tipped to be a V-8.

Motor Trend is also reporting that Cadillac’s next CTS-V will get a twin-turbocharged version of the Corvette Stingray’s 6.2-liter LT1 V-8. This engine is alleged to appear in a successor for the C6 Corvette ZR1, though we’re unlikely to see such a car for several years still.

A launch date for the ATS-V, meanwhile, remains uncertain; Cadillac has a lot of new product coming onto the market this year including the new Escalade, ELR electric and new ATS Coupe, though we could still see the launch of an ATS-V later this year or early next.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:14 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Clearly GM not only wants to compete with the competition, they want to be a class leader as well.

Bravo! GM Bravo!

Helluva job with a "new" model.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Clearly GM not only wants to compete with the competition, they want to be a class leader as well.

Bravo! GM Bravo!

Helluva job with a "new" model.
5-point grille means it will be DOA.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
OK, now we're talking.

I'd much rather have all that turbo'ed goodness in an Acura, but alas, they keep blue-balling us. That's why I've owned two Cadillacs recently. (Yes, I have heard the rumors of a turbo 4-cylinder from Honda perhaps in the future for the TLX.)
Old 01-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by neuronbob
OK, now we're talking.

I'd much rather have all that turbo'ed goodness in an Acura, but alas, they keep blue-balling us. That's why I've owned two Cadillacs recently. (Yes, I have heard the rumors of a turbo 4-cylinder from Honda perhaps in the future for the TLX.)
Well, the hope is the NSX which is apparently twin turbo...so, Honda has hope. Still, it is not a mass production car and so, mortals like me may never afford it. At least in Cadillac's case, they are offering something possible for an average joe who wants that oomph and doesn't have to pay 6-digits and (or $80K and above...no idea how much NSX is gonna be)...
Old 01-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Looking at this car again, I just realized what Cadillac was thinking ...

Steal all the C250/E350 Coupe shoppers. It sort of makes sense now.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
On paper it sounds like it'll be a great drive. The rear wheels do look too small, but the proportions are still way better than the CTS coupe. At least less polarizing, anyway.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:12 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Another hit for Caddy.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator

New images issued by GM of the ATS in blue...

Old 03-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
It's beautiful. When I see the sedan on the road, the only thing I would do away with are the fairy lights on the sides of the headlights. They just don't look great to me.

I do agree that this is a conservative design, but it certainly is a good one.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Really disappointed with the direction they went on the ATS Coupe. I was really hoping the ATS would be as aggressive as the CTS but they went for the volume play.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Some dude

Originally Posted by MeehowsBRZ
I like it. Especially the rear end that isn't gigantic like the CTS coupe's.

And then I saw it in person... not really much to look at. Kind of wish they didn't play it so safe with this one.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
Are those 18" or 19" wheels?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by Belzebutt
Are those 18" or 19" wheels?
I think those are the 19s.

Quick Reply: Cadillac: ATS News