Buick: Enclave News

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Priced from 34K?

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...buick_enclave/

By Stuart Fowle
At a recent preview look at the new Enclave, Buick boss Steve Shannon was overheard whispering that the new crossover was "the closest thing we've ever had to no excuses" and he's probably right. When the Enclave goes on sale in mid-May, it will be priced "significantly lower than the Acura MDX" with a sticker that we estimate will be near $34,000. For that, you get standard eighteen-inch wheels, bi-xenon headlights (with articulation costing extra), six air bags, and a number of other fine features. Buick also had a team of thirteen working to make sure the Enclave is the quietest vehicle in its class.

The Enclave's 275-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 won't make it the quickest crossover around, but variable valve timing helps raise performance and efficiency figures. We've been quite impressed by the engine, which is found in a number of other GM vehicles, including both of Buick's sedans. Those two cars, though, won't tow 4500 pounds like the Enclave can.

The production Enclave keeps the same swoopy sheetmetal as the concept from last year's Detroit show, a big improvement over the outgoing Rainer and Terraza, Buick's current people-movers. Unlike the concept, which featured functional fender-mounted portholes, the production model's nonfunctional holes serve no purpose other than getting faithful retirees to reminisce about their old '63 Electra 225. "Now that was a real car," they'll tell you. "Not one of these new-fangled things with all the computers." But we digress.

The Enclave's interior is similar to that of the concept, too. Like many GM products, though, it's nice to look at but disappointing when you get a little closer and realize that the plastics could be softer and the wood could be a little more, well, real. (Excepting, of course, the actual mahogany that adorns the steering wheel of uplevel models.) Still, we're excited to see if this leader of the Buick new school can help propel the stodgy brand into the twenty-first century.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think that the estimate in base price is right on what will be officially announced in the next few months.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Sweet!! The wheels scream "GM PARTS BIN!" but very nice crossover nonetheless.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
This looks like a very nice package. Even the interior materials look good.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
Sweet!! The wheels scream "GM PARTS BIN!" but very nice crossover nonetheless.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I think it's an attractive wheel, but damn, it's on every GM truck and suv they make.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Moderator Alumnus

2008 Buick Enclave Pricing

Buick Announces Pricing For All-New Enclave Luxury Crossover SUV

DETROIT – When the all-new 2008 Buick Enclave luxury crossover sport utility vehicle arrives in dealerships early this summer, it will come equipped with a long list of standard equipment, a suite of owner services and a price unmatched in the segment.

The front-wheel-drive Enclave CX starts at $32,790, while the all-wheel-drive model starts at $34,790. The front-wheel-drive Enclave CXL begins at $34,990, while the all-wheel-drive version starts at $36,990. Prices include a $735 destination charge.

“Enclave is a segment-busting luxury crossover that best defines the new face of Buick,” said Steve Shannon, Buick general manager. “Its gorgeous design, high-tech features, functionality and roominess, coupled with a quiet and refined ride, put us in a great position to attract new customers.”

Loaded with standard equipment

Buick’s first luxury crossover SUV is equipped with a long list of standard equipment and technologies that are uncommon for vehicles at Enclave’s introductory price.

A new, 275-horsepower 3.6L V-6 powertrain featuring variable valve timing (VVT) powers the Enclave. The sophisticated dual-overhead camshaft engine is mated to Buick’s first six-speed automatic transmission.

Enclave offers a spacious cabin, with a standard seven-passenger seating configuration, second-row Smart Slide captain’s chairs and a third-row seat that can accommodate three adults. With Smart Slide, occupants have quick and effortless access to Enclave’s third row.

Other standard features include:

Xenon high-intensity discharge headlamps with automatic headlamp control
Heated, power outside mirrors with integrated turn signals
Power rear liftgate with remote
Leather-wrapped, genuine Mahogany wood steering wheel with tilt and telescoping steering column
Variable-assist power steering
AM/FM stereo with single-CD player, Radio Data System display, MP3 capability, six speakers and speed-compensated radio volume
Tiffany-style analog clock
Tri-zone automatic climate control
Remote keyless entry
XM Satellite Radio (includes three-month subscription)
Dual chrome exhaust
Reading lamps in all three rows
GM engineered the Enclave to be the quietest crossover on the road. Buick’s standard QuietTuning initiative, an engineering approach to reduce, block and absorb unwanted noise from entering the interior cabin, yields a library-quiet drive experience for all passengers whether they are seated in the front or third row.

All Enclave models come equipped with six standard air bags, including dual-stage frontal air bags, roof rail head curtain air bags for all three seating rows, and thorax side air bags for first-row seats. Other standard safety features include four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with rollover mitigation technology, tire pressure monitoring system and traction control.

For added confidence and convenience, all Enclave models come standard with the industry’s best coverage and a suite of owner services, including a four-year/50,000-mile vehicle warranty, a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and OnStar with Turn-By-Turn voice-activated navigation and one-year Directions & Connections Plan.

Comprehensive features

A host of innovative features adds to the Enclave’s standout position, including an adjustable front-row center console armrest with multiple storage capabilities, an optional second-row center storage console that unfolds to contribute to a flat load floor when the seats are folded (available late summer), a large storage area with an integrated well behind the third row, and third-row seat bolsters for added comfort. The seat bolsters deflate when folded to allow a flat load floor.

Optional equipment includes a second-row 60/40 split-folding bench seat for eight-passenger configuration, 18-inch machine-finish aluminum wheels on CX models and 19-inch chrome aluminum wheels on CXL models. A rear-seat DVD system, an in-dash voice activated navigation system with back-up camera; a large, power-operated sunroof with second-row skylight; a rear cargo net and shade; and a heavy-duty trailering package (up to 4,500 pounds maximum towing capacity) are available on all models.

A Driver Confidence Package is also available on all models and includes rear parking assist, remote starting capability and heated windshield washer fluid. Enclave CXL buyers can select the Luxury Package, which adds articulating front headlamps, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel and power folding outside mirrors. Four optional audio and entertainment packages, eight exterior and three interior colors are also available.

The 2008 Buick Enclave will be built at GM’s new Lansing Delta Township assembly in Lansing, Mich.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Think it took Tiger long to tell Buick to switch out his Ranier for an Enclave CXL AWD?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
Think it took Tiger long to tell Buick to switch out his Ranier for an Enclave CXL AWD?

i think he was busy driving his ferrari to even care
Old 01-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

I wonder why they are going back to 5/50,000 warranty while they are currently offering 10/100,000 on all GM vehicles
Old 01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by Infamous425
i think he was busy driving his ferrari to even care
Perhaps, but I think he still has to make appearances in a Buick from time to time.

Plus I dunno how pleased Buick would be to hear Tiger was driving a Cayenne Turbo S around with Elin and the Tiglet
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by Ruski
I wonder why they are going back to 5/50,000 warranty while they are currently offering 10/100,000 on all GM vehicles
Was that in lieu of the 10/100k powertrain?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ruski
The article says that it offers a 4yr/50K warranty, and a 10yr/100K powertrain warranty.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Pinky all stinky

third-row seat bolsters for added comfort. The seat bolsters deflate when folded to allow a flat load floor.
Sounds cool but not sure how it's going to feel.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
nice!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Safety Car

The price is right on target. They definitely needed to offer alot of content and quality at a disunted price to possibily steal a peice of the lux suv pie, and I think they've done it. It's a great value when compared to the MDX and RX350.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Safety Car

The price is right on target. They definitely needed to offer alot of content and quality at a discounted price to possibily steal a piece of the lux cossover pie, and I think they've done it. It's a great value when compared to the MDX and RX350.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:05 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
IMO the exterior looks like this smiley:

The interior is very nicely done though. But that has to be one of the ugliest OEM automatic shifters ever. Then again, at least it isn't a column shifter.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Everyday Joe

^^^ I agree on the exterior comments. I showed the pictures to my wife and she did not even want to look at it....the Acadia and even the Outlook look much better.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Pro

I think the Enclave looks GREAT! I really love the exterior, but wish they would show the interior in a different color, perhaps black or a redish brown color like BMW uses. I was considering the MDX as a replacement for my Pilot, but the Enclave is tempting me. Of course, I plan on giving them 1-2 years to work out the bugs and hopefully launch a more powerful (V8) engine.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Safety Car

I love the exterior too. I think it'll look ultra classy in black with those 19" rims... The interior's beautiful.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by keg1997
^^^ I agree on the exterior comments. I showed the pictures to my wife and she did not even want to look at it....the Acadia and even the Outlook look much better.
I think the Enclave is by far the best looking out of the 3.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by jwaters943
I think the Enclave looks GREAT! I really love the exterior, but wish they would show the interior in a different color, perhaps black or a redish brown color like BMW uses. I was considering the MDX as a replacement for my Pilot, but the Enclave is tempting me. Of course, I plan on giving them 1-2 years to work out the bugs and hopefully launch a more powerful (V8) engine.
I wonder if it comes with darker wood trim for darker color interior?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Everyday Joe

Originally Posted by phile
I think the Enclave is by far the best looking out of the 3.
Here is some further explanation...we both want something that looks like a truck....more SUV like. The Enclave is probably the least SUV like, in terms of exterior appearance of the three.

Don't get me wrong...the Acadia and Outlook don't keep me up at night dreaming of getting one in my garage, but they're better looking for our tastes.

I will likely still look at the Enclave since it fits what we want, as far as being the most luxury-oriented of the three. I won't even get into the part of owning a Buick....sorry my image of Buick is of Granny driving those to her quilting groups.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I won't even get into the part of owning a Buick....sorry my image of Buick is of Granny driving those to her quilting groups.
Look beyond it, Buick has a very rich history more than many automotive makes.

I very much like the Buick nameplate. They just need to start coming out with more models that would appeal to a younger set....the Enclave is a great start.

They have the capability, like Cadillac, they just need to do it.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Beltfed

I very much like the Buick nameplate. They just need to start coming out with more models that would appeal to a younger set....the Enclave is a great start.

You took the words outof my mouth. I personally love the Buick make. They've got a great history, and one that's longer than just about any other nameplate out there; Olds was older, but they're gone now. They were also GM's top lux brand until GM aquired Caddy. And as you said, the're capable of a resurgence too (like Caddy). However, it's got to be with the right product and marketing; any half assed attempt to revive the make will spell it's doom. The Enclave is the first REAL effort to put Buick back on the right track, and give them real lux cache'.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Beltfed

I'd love to see a modern Grand Sport (GSX) and Grand National.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Everyday Joe

Y'all may be right about Buick's rich automotive history, but I cannot sincerely recall ANY Buick in my 14 year driving history that I have even remotely considered or wanted.

Obviously Buick's average age of owner is at nearly Medicare levels and sorry, but just signing up Tiger as your spokesperson does not suddenly improve your demographics. If you signed up his wife though....NOW we'd be talking!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Y'all may be right about Buick's rich automotive history, but I cannot sincerely recall ANY Buick in my 14 year driving history that I have even remotely considered or wanted.

Obviously Buick's average age of owner is at nearly Medicare levels and sorry, but just signing up Tiger as your spokesperson does not suddenly improve your demographics. If you signed up his wife though....NOW we'd be talking!!!!
14 years doesn't go back quite far enough, unfortunately.

Buick was pretty much a dud for 40 years. But prior to that, during the Harley Earl days, they were producing some fantastic cars.

Since then, they've had a couple of minor successes like the GN(X) cars but other than that it's been pretty dull.

The Regal S/C of the late-90s wasn't a bad car with 240hp. But it still was an old fart car in most respects.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,651 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Post 2007 Buick Enclave Urban CEO Edition

Old 10-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,651 Likes on 13,891 Posts
From GM...

Platinum’s rarity has long made it the metal of choice for nobility and the affluent – more so than gold. Black, meanwhile, has traditionally been associated with refinement … a confident elegance, demonstrated by the black tuxedo, black dress or color-of-choice for luxury vehicles. Black and platinum merge seamlessly in the Buick Enclave Black Platinum Edition. Created by Mitek Corporation of Phoenix, Ariz., Buick Enclave Black Platinum Edition is being introduced at the 2007 Specialty Equipment Market Association Show in Las Vegas.

This custom Enclave is a head-turner. Its House of Kolor Black Diamond custom paint glimmers and appears to change hue depending on the viewer’s angle: black, blue or purple. Your eyes run effortlessly down the vehicle’s profile, which is accentuated by darkened windows and doors without handles. Custom 20-inch TIS chrome wheels equipped with 20-inch Toyo Proxes tires and custom springs – which lower the vehicle height by two inches – combine to create a pavement-hugging, ready-to-pounce appearance. Up front, Buick Enclave Black Platinum Edition wears the new face of production Enclaves, a vertical chrome waterfall grille.

One press of the Enclave Black Platinum Edition’s key fob opens the doors, revealing an interior swathed in Deep Blue leather. The seat inserts in all four captains chairs and the third-row bench – as well as the headliner and the visors – feature this luxurious leather. The exterior paint theme is duplicated in the interior trim panels, and polished custom billet aluminum inserts have been added to the door panels to complement the famous Buick fender trim. All of the speakers feature polished custom billet aluminum trim rings to further accentuate the chrome trim package. The result is a harmonious balance between the vehicle’s interior and exterior.

While understated elegance embodies the interior and exterior designs of the Buick Enclave Platinum Edition, its sound system is not afraid to pump out wattage. Crank up the volume of the custom MTX audio system to experience 4,900 watts of peak power delivered through 13 speakers, including three 12-inch subwoofers that are housed within custom-made and custom-painted fiberglass enclosures. Enclave Black Platinum Edition also features three-way speakers in the front doors, two-way speakers in the rear doors and two amplifiers.

Naturally, a sound system this great can best be appreciated while listening to favorite music, such as that stored on an iPod. Enclave Black Platinum Edition has you covered there, too, thanks to the Avstarr integration device from Civita Technologies. It allows drivers and front passengers to control the iPod’s song list through the vehicle’s audio controls, for safer and more convenient listening pleasure.

Buick is General Motors’ premium international brand anchored by North America and China regions. A storied, 104-year-old brand in North America, Buick is also one of the most well-known automobile brands in China with more than 1.3 million Buick owners. Last year, Buick sold more than 300,000 units there and more than 567,000 worldwide, a 17,000-unit increase over 2006. Buick nameplates in North America include the Enclave luxury crossover, Lucerne and LaCrosse entry-luxury sedans. The Buick lineup in China include the LaCrosse and Park Avenue premium sedans, Regal upper-medium sedan, Excelle family and GL8 and FirstLand executive wagons.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

I'm underwhelmed
Old 10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
ruined a decent looking SUV
Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

That's Ghetto CEO edition.

I can't wait for the day when ghetto style is out of fashion.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Safety Car

I don't like any of the versions shown. It looks way better in stock form; it's a very classy SUV.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

What the fuck is an urban CEO? Seriously, that's just another code word for "black person" ...

Old 11-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 11-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by charliemike
What the fuck is an urban CEO? Seriously, that's just another code word for "black person" ...

Not that I am into name calling or don't like black people, but next time I am in a black neighborhood, I will try to remember to think to myself "boy, there are a lot of Urban CEOs around here"
Old 07-11-2019, 09:21 AM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts

https://www.motor1.com/news/358956/b...m-woody-wagon/

If you watch the Connecticut-based CBS affiliate WFSB you might recognize Dennis House as an Eyewitness News anchor and moderator of Face the State, but you can also easily spot him on the road behind the wheel of a Buick Enclave with a custom body wrap that makes the modern crossover look like an old-school, wood-paneled station wagon.

House acquired his current faux-wood-wrapped Enclave in April, but it wasn't his first. On his blog, House shows images of his earlier 2013 Enclave where he used wood-patterned contact paper to give his crossover this vintage look temporarily.

"It does get tons of attention. Just today a 20 something went nuts over it and asked if he could photograph it," House told Motor1.com.

In addition to the obvious woodgrain wrap, House's Enclave has another special touch. Look below the rear fender badge to spot the "Estate Wagon" from a Buick Roadmaster. It's a clever detail that adds one more element to the crossover's vintage-inspired aesthetic.

In a 2017 blog post, House writes that he thinks it's time for wood-paneled trim to make a return – at least as an option. "The first automaker to bring back a woody will get a wagon full of media attention that could have people across the country saying 'want.' The second to do it will look like a copycat."

The popularity of the wood-paneled look dwindled in the 1980s as the cultural aesthetic began looking more towards the future than having nostalgia for the past. Today, things have reversed again, and people have started looking back fondly on their perceived "good old days." We can imagine at least a few modern buyers preferring this old-school, more natural look over the gray palette that's so common for new vehicles.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 AM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
Pretty sure Chrysler offered the PT Cruiser with a wood look, and look how well that did...
Old 01-21-2021, 12:47 PM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
Here is the 2022 Buick Enclave! That's all now. Move along. At least, that’s according to Buick, which offered no information beyond these two photos. We know it’s for the 2022 model year, and we know it will go on sale “later this year.”

The visual changes are obvious enough on their own. It amounts to what we’d expect a mid-cycle refresh would look like. Buick gave it a totally new front and rear. We’re most taken by the new look up front, though. That grille gives it the presence it was lacking before, and the horizontal slashes meeting in the middle at the Buick logo are a nice touch. New LED headlights are slimmed way down and tuck in neatly under the hood. Even the lower bumper adds some pizazz with swooping lines and a handsome, verging on sporty, finish.

Nothing much changes in the middle, but sharp LED taillights steal the show in back. They’re still connected by a central trim piece, but it’s been darkened and massaged to a cleaner look. Buick also looks like it has gone for a concealed exhaust design — it had a visible dual exhaust pipe exit before. The last obvious change is a new set of dark-painted wheels.

There are certainly a number of tech updates to be found on the interior, but Buick isn’t talking about (or showing) those yet. We’ll have to wait for a later date to know every last detail of the refreshed Enclave. For now, the styling changes are a nice change of pace and make it look far more appealing.
2022 Buick Enclave breaks cover with handsome new look | Autoblog

Quick Reply: Buick: Enclave News