Audi: A4, S4, RS4 News

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
^

hey hey this is honda/acura forum. shush!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
Thank you. You said what I was looking for. Was that so hard? I just can't help to think that if this was Acura and they were saying that they were discontinuing the manual in the TL, there would have been a ten page thread chastising Honda. However, we are talking about Audi here, so we can blame it on the industry trend.
And what great knowledge did you gain from enthusiasts telling you that they don't like autos in sports car? I hate to tell it to you but that information has been known for many years now Captain O.

And for the record, I would expect people to come out and berate Acura and Honda about putting Autos in sports cars without an option for a Manual because this is a Acura (honda) forum! I would expect a 10pg thread chastising Audi on an Audi forum as much as I would expect the same if it were about a Honda/Acura on a Honda/Acura forum. How hard is that for you to swallow? Is it that since you are a Honda Aficianado that we, also Honda/Acura fans, aren't allowed to speak negatively, even if it is constructive about a brand that many of us may love even more than you? How many Acura's or Honda's have you owned by the way?

For your information, yes, Honda has slipped slightly is quality, however, they still rank higher than most:http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/ne...spx?ID=2010034
That's fine, but for the record, my Audi A4 in the last three years of ownership has been more reliable than my Acura CL Type S was in it's first year of ownership.

Why is it that I was able to continue the conversation without making a personal attack or insult against anyone? I wish people would "open the door for a more detailed, educative, and engaging discussion" when it comes to Honda as well.
What were you for Halloween this year? The Pot or the Kettle?

Last edited by Sly Raskal; 11-10-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
I'm not backing away from anything. I asked you a yes or no question and you couldn't answer it. I never said performance cars should ONLY have manual transmissions. All I said was that the S4 is a performance car and that not having the option of a manual takes away from the joy of driving one.

Can you answer my question? It's a simple yes or no.
And there you have it. So why do you keep going on and on and on and on....you make no sense.

BTW.....Tell us all how Super Car owners have no joy driving their Ferrari, Lamborghini cars around with their dual clutch gearboxes......you can tell from the sales figures that nobody is having any joy whatsoever.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:25 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Well, unless you work at Honda/Acura.

You hater, you!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
And what great knowledge did you gain from enthusiasts telling you that they don't like autos in sports car? I hate to tell it to you but that information has been known for many years now Captain O.

And for the record, I would expect people to come out and berate Acura and Honda about putting Autos in sports cars without an option for a Manual because this is a Acura (honda) forum! I would expect a 10pg thread chastising Audi on an Audi forum as much as I would expect the same if it were about a Honda/Acura on a Honda/Acura forum. How hard is that for you to swallow? Is it that since you are a Honda Aficianado that we, also Honda/Acura fans, aren't allowed to speak negatively, even if it is constructive about a brand that many of us may love even more than you? How many Acura's or Honda's have you owned by the way?

That's fine, but for the record, my Audi A4 in the last three years of ownership has been more reliable than my Acura CL Type S was in it's first year of ownership.

What were you for Halloween this year? The Pot or the Kettle?
There was no knowledge gained from it. I was just trying to see how hard it was for people to say something negative about a brand other than Honda.It makes sense to me now though because I wasn't aware that you also owned an Audi. I understand where your hesitance comes from.

People criticizing their brand of choice should be expected. I never said that people shouldn't point out the negatives of a brand. However, it's the manner in which is constantly and repeatedly pointed out that takes away the credibility of the poster. I accept that 100%. I gotta say though that you're probably better at swallowing bigger things than I am.

I've owned two Honda's, kind of. One was a hand-me-down and the other was one that I bought because I wanted it. I could lie and say I've owned ten Honda's but what does it matter if I've owned one or one hundred? I'm not a blind fanboy. I'm a fan for sure, but I'm not blind to the positive and negative aspects of Honda and I've had no problem expressing that in here.

I'm glad your A4 has been reliable for you. However, it doesn't change the fact that Honda and Acura as a brand in general is much more reliable than most other brands, by far. Just like you have an unusually rare reliable A4, some people also get a rare unreliable Honda.

I didn't dress up for Halloween. Who have I personally attacked or insulted on here? If I ever have, I'm certain I did it in response to an attack or insult against me, but usually I ignore it.You seem confident about it though so you should be able to easily find an example to prove me wrong, right?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
And there you have it. So why do you keep going on and on and on and on....you make no sense.

BTW.....Tell us all how Super Car owners have no joy driving their Ferrari, Lamborghini cars around with their dual clutch gearboxes......you can tell from the sales figures that nobody is having any joy whatsoever.
Yeah, what's your point? A manual transmission isn't a requirement for a sports car. However, what I did say was having one makes the car more enjoyable. Did I not?

I'll ask you again, Moog. Do you agree with the move Audi has made with the S4? Yes or no.

You've avoided the question three times now.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:45 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,807 Likes on 3,727 Posts
Thank you. You said what I was looking for. Was that so hard? I just can't help to think that if this was Acura and they were saying that they were discontinuing the manual in the TL, there would have been a ten page thread chastising Honda. However, we are talking about Audi here, so we can blame it on the industry trend.
So the truth finally comes out. Why didn't you just come out with this point? Instead you make veiled comments about the S4 not having a manual option. Why? Everyone knows how you feel about H/A

Once again I agree that a manual tranny provides an undeniable sensory experience when driving. An undeniable fun factor. But the facts of the matter are, an auto tranny, or DSG, is faster than a driver sifting a manual tranny.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,632 Likes on 13,881 Posts
Well, I'll come out and say it: I think it kinda sucks that manual transmissions are going.

However, that being said, I also think the clutchless way of driving a sportscar with the sequential gearboxes is also not terrible. I like it since I have something that mimics it in my current ride.

Still, it would not hurt if manufacturers provided the option.

VTEC, I think what is happening here with the Honda-Acura hate that you're seeing is simple: Most of us see the brand more or less stagnant and so, with every new negative, it gets piled on more. Other manufacturers, at least they appeal to us in regards to trying to continue and push the envelope in performance, engines, and so on. So, in the case of Audi, sure...while it sucks that the manual gearbox is gone, there is not as much negative vibe because well, it's a freaking RS4 or S4.

If Acura/Honda had an equivalent? Trust me...no pile-on if they took away the manual gearbox. Hell, if they took away heated mirrors, it would not generate a peep.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Team Owner

There was no knowledge gained from it. I was just trying to see how hard it was for people to say something negative about a brand other than Honda.It makes sense to me now though because I wasn't aware that you also owned an Audi. I understand where your hesitance comes from.
You sure do understand. Did you also know that two months prior to buying our Audi I also bought our THIRD Acura vehicle? Yup, I bought two cars in one year, one was an Acura and the other an Audi. You're absolutely right, I never bash Audi. That's why if you happened to read my thread about my Audi purchase you would have read that I bashed Audi for not offering options they offer in Europe. You also haven't read that I've bashed Audi for not offering options on their 2008 A4 model that were once standard on their 2006 A4. Oh and to add, those bashings about Audi I made clear on this board as well as on the Audi message board I am a member of. Yea, you do understand. You know everything there is to know about us Honda/Acura Bashers.

People criticizing their brand of choice should be expected. I never said that people shouldn't point out the negatives of a brand. However, it's the manner in which is constantly and repeatedly pointed out that takes away the credibility of the poster. I accept that 100%. I gotta say though that you're probably better at swallowing bigger things than I am.
Yet you can't swallow your pride and point out negative things about Honda just as much as you focus solely on the positive.

I've owned two Honda's, kind of. One was a hand-me-down and the other was one that I bought because I wanted it. I could lie and say I've owned ten Honda's but what does it matter if I've owned one or one hundred? I'm not a blind fanboy. I'm a fan for sure, but I'm not blind to the positive and negative aspects of Honda and I've had no problem expressing that in here.
I guess I must be a bigger fanboy than you because I've owned three Acura's and my parents have owned Two Honda's.

I'm glad your A4 has been reliable for you. However, it doesn't change the fact that Honda and Acura as a brand in general is much more reliable than most other brands, by far. Just like you have an unusually rare reliable A4, some people also get a rare unreliable Honda.
Rare unreliable Honda? How many Honda's and Acura's were affected in the last 8 years by a fault transmissions, faulty airbags, premature wear of brakes among other known issues.

I didn't dress up for Halloween. Who have I personally attacked or insulted on here? If I ever have, I'm certain I did it in response to an attack or insult against me, but usually I ignore it.You seem confident about it though so you should be able to easily find an example to prove me wrong, right?
I don't need to go searching for posts of personal attacks. Your posts are a personal attack on yourself enough.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by pttl
So the truth finally comes out. Why didn't you just come out with this point? Instead you make veiled comments about the S4 not having a manual option. Why? Everyone knows how you feel about H/A

Once again I agree that a manual tranny provides an undeniable sensory experience when driving. An undeniable fun factor. But the facts of the matter are, an auto tranny, or DSG, is faster than a driver sifting a manual tranny.
The truth has always been out. You act as if I try to hide my passion for Honda. LOL. I was just trying to prove my point and I did. However clearly some people like Moog are afraid to admit what they are thinking. Maybe because it's me

Your comments about the experience of driving a manual mimic mine. I never said anything about which one shifts faster though so that's your own argument.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Well, I'll come out and say it: I think it kinda sucks that manual transmissions are going.

However, that being said, I also think the clutchless way of driving a sportscar with the sequential gearboxes is also not terrible. I like it since I have something that mimics it in my current ride.

Still, it would not hurt if manufacturers provided the option.

VTEC, I think what is happening here with the Honda-Acura hate that you're seeing is simple: Most of us see the brand more or less stagnant and so, with every new negative, it gets piled on more. Other manufacturers, at least they appeal to us in regards to trying to continue and push the envelope in performance, engines, and so on. So, in the case of Audi, sure...while it sucks that the manual gearbox is gone, there is not as much negative vibe because well, it's a freaking RS4 or S4.

If Acura/Honda had an equivalent? Trust me...no pile-on if they took away the manual gearbox. Hell, if they took away heated mirrors, it would not generate a peep.
Thank you! Thank you for being reasonable and providing valuable points to this thread. I agree with everything you said.

People here act like I think Honda can do no wrong. The fact that I haven't driven a Honda since 2005 should say enough about how I personally feel about Honda's current products. Aside for a couple models, there is nothing in the lineup that I am interested for myself. However, do you see me coming on here, multiple times a day, ranting about how Honda has nothing I want and they suck and are big failures? No. We already know how each and every one of us feels about the brand. It's not necessary to continuously bash the brand for things that EVERYONE already knows needs improvement(and that Honda has actually publicly stated that they are working to improve on). Honda doesn't have what I want, so I moved on. However, I'm still a Honda guy at heart and probably will be for a long time to come. Maybe it's my rational process that differs from a lot of people on here that allows me to analyze data and come to an educated conclusion? It just seems like no matter what is said or done, it's not right and people just automatically come to these radical conclusions without even taking a second to actually think about the situation.

I've said this in the recent past... If I was doing on other forums what some of the "fans" on here do or say, I would be labeled a troll.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Honda Fanboy

You sure do understand. Did you also know that two months prior to buying our Audi I also bought our THIRD Acura vehicle? Yup, I bought two cars in one year, one was an Acura and the other an Audi. You're absolutely right, I never bash Audi. That's why if you happened to read my thread about my Audi purchase you would have read that I bashed Audi for not offering options they offer in Europe. You also haven't read that I've bashed Audi for not offering options on their 2008 A4 model that were once standard on their 2006 A4. Oh and to add, those bashings about Audi I made clear on this board as well as on the Audi message board I am a member of. Yea, you do understand. You know everything there is to know about us Honda/Acura Bashers.

Yet you can't swallow your pride and point out negative things about Honda just as much as you focus solely on the positive.

I guess I must be a bigger fanboy than you because I've owned three Acura's and my parents have owned Two Honda's.

Rare unreliable Honda? How many Honda's and Acura's were affected in the last 8 years by a fault transmissions, faulty airbags, premature wear of brakes among other known issues.

I don't need to go searching for posts of personal attacks. Your posts are a personal attack on yourself enough.
Damn dude, you're the biggest Audi hater there is!

Like I said already, I have no problem pointing out the negatives. I call it as it is. However, one thing you need to realize is that what may seem negative to one person, is not always negative to another person. We are all different people and that's what makes this world unique. You should be able to understand that. Just because I don't agree with all your negative comments on Honda, that doesn't mean I'm blind. I see your points, but you should allow yourself to be a little more open minded so you can see my points also.

Again, what does the number of cars owned have to do with how bag of a fan someone is. Did you ever think that there may be an age difference between when you started driving and when I started driving?

The transmission game is old news. By still using those issues as genuine problems that are still troubling Honda today is a joke. Even if you look at reliability ratings for the past ten years when Honda was in the thick of all those issue you mentioned, they were still better than most. You should ask yourself, if Honda was having these problems and were still rated so highly, what the hell was going on with other manufacturers? Thinking like that is an example of being more open minded.

Ohhhhhhh..... Attacking myself... Again!!! lol.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Okay folks...let's get back on topic, please.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Team Owner

Again, what does the number of cars owned have to do with how bag of a fan someone is. Did you ever think that there may be an age difference between when you started driving and when I started driving?
Let this be the last post because I want to get this thread back on topic.

You were quick to point out why I supposedly didn't want to bash Audi. I pointed out what I own to negate your comment because I talk negatively about Audi AND Acura when it comes to things I'm not happy about. So before you make accusations like ....

It makes sense to me now though because I wasn't aware that you also owned an Audi. I understand where your hesitance comes from.
Think about who you're sending personal attacks to.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:40 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Yeah, what's your point? A manual transmission isn't a requirement for a sports car. However, what I did say was having one makes the car more enjoyable. Did I not?

I'll ask you again, Moog. Do you agree with the move Audi has made with the S4? Yes or no.

You've avoided the question three times now.
No, you said since it was a performance car the S4 should have one.

That's laughable, because super cars that perform immensely better than the S4 and cost immensely more do not.

Your whole logic is laughable.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Honda Fanboy

No, you said since it was a performance car the S4 should have one.

That's laughable, because super cars that perform immensely better than the S4 and cost immensely more do not.

Your whole logic is laughable.
Yes or no?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ THINK about who you are responding to and asking questions of.

...or perhaps you don't know.

The question is pointless, because your original argument is still pointless and laughable.

Performance cars should have manual gearboxes
Old 11-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Well after owning a couple of cars with a dual clutch transmission that I can easily say i prefer it over a manual for a daily/fun car.

Now if it was a weekend only car for fun, then yes I would want a manual. Then again I would never buy an S4 if i wanted a weekend car...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:17 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
Well after owning a couple of cars with a dual clutch transmission that I can easily say i prefer it over a manual for a daily/fun car.

Now if it was a weekend only car for fun, then yes I would want a manual. Then again I would never buy an S4 if i wanted a weekend car...
Blasphemy!!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Honda Fanboy

^^ THINK about who you are responding to and asking questions of.

...or perhaps you don't know.

The question is pointless, because your original argument is still pointless and laughable.

Performance cars should have manual gearboxes
Come on, Debbie. I know you can do this. I'm here for you. I'll hold your hand and help you get through this.

Okay here we go. Let's pretend that I don't even exist and that this conversation never took place. Now, let's pretend Audi was scouting out there most valued customers for a survey, and for some reason, they picked you. In this survey, their was only one question. To answer the question, you had to circle either YES or NO. You can only pick ONE answer. The question is: "We are considering deleting the option for a manual transmission in the S4. Do you feel that this is a good decison for the S4 model, considering the type of car it is?"

Lets pretend it's a race. Ready, set, GO!!

Last edited by VTEC Racer; 11-10-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Team Owner

Old 11-11-2011, 12:48 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ :wink:

Oh Vtec.....oh the irony...oh the failure.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Wholly fuck, this thread has gone full retard
Old 11-11-2011, 08:09 PM
I drive a Subata.

Yes, because VTEC kicked in. yo.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Honda Fanboy

^^ :wink:

Oh Vtec.....oh the irony...oh the failure.
It's okay, Deb. You're a VW fanboy. No other way to explain it.

oh the irony...oh the failure.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by JS + MS3
Yes, because VTEC kicked in. yo.
Looks like someone is back in the ZOOM ZOOM mode.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:55 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

...and Vtec makes himself look foolish yet again.

...and he misses the point...entirely.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Okay guys...I've already said it a few posts up to go back on topic.

One more and I'll be handing out vacations. This is not Ramblings.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
I drive a Subata.

Originally Posted by AZuser

Okay. Let me ZOOM ZOOM the thread back on topic.

Is it just me that the front looks like it has this sad/frowny face? Just a little. I wanted the facelifted version to be a little bit more aggressive than the original..

Well, it still looks great anyway though. I'm a little biased. Call me a Fanboy. The Audi Avants FTW.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Team Owner

I agree I wish it was a big more aggressive, but I'm really liking the new taillights and the housing for the front fogs. Very sleek.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
I drive a Subata.

Yes, I like the new tailight, but not liking that front fogs for some reason.

And for some reason, I'm really liking those wood panels inside. I usually always go with the brushed aluminum finish over anything, but that looks fantastic to me.

Maybe it's the 6MT part that's deceiving me to like it no matter what.

I should have test driven your car when we met up before. I wonder the shifter feels like the one in GTI. The GTI 6MT feels awesome. Very easy to drive fast.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
I agree I wish it was a big more aggressive, but I'm really liking the new taillights and the housing for the front fogs. Very sleek.
You can get the S-line package.
It's like the one on the S4 Avant:

Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by krio
You can get the S-line package.
It's like the one on the S4 Avant:

Now that looks
Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Now that looks
i wish they offered S upgrades when we got our Avant. the quad tips exhaust and other accents are nice.

We did get the Sline package + Sport package on our avant, what I am referring to are the options of having the quad tip exhaust or S4 wheels, S4 door blades, etc... those were not available in the "S-Line" package. I understand why they don't offer it, just wished they would have offered them. Oh well.

Last edited by Sly Raskal; 11-15-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: provided further clarification
Old 11-15-2011, 11:22 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

S line package is
Old 11-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Team Owner

Wagons FTW!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

i wish they offered S upgrades when we got our Avant. the quad tips exhaust and other accents are nice.

We did get the Sline package + Sport package on our avant, what I am referring to are the options of having the quad tip exhaust or S4 wheels, S4 door blades, etc... those were not available in the "S-Line" package. I understand why they don't offer it, just wished they would have offered them. Oh well.
need 4 exhausts..?? you are welcome!

Old 11-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by krio
need 4 exhausts..?? you are welcome!

LOL, that's still a B8, I've got a B7. AWE makes a very nice looking quad tip exhaust that is on my list of upgrades for when I can afford it, but many have complained about its drone, so I'm not set on it yet.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

LOL, that's still a B8, I've got a B7. AWE makes a very nice looking quad tip exhaust that is on my list of upgrades for when I can afford it, but many have complained about its drone, so I'm not set on it yet.
like this?...

Quick Reply: Audi: A4, S4, RS4 News