Are any of you concerned about the trunk space in the new TL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 07:53 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are any of you concerned about the trunk space in the new TL?

?
Old 10-02-2003, 08:05 AM
Instructor

The trunk just seems a little on the small side to me.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:31 AM
Outnumbered at home

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have seen it at the ride and drive and it is not enormous but is well shaped and plenty deep. Would love fold down seats but if you really need something with a huge trunk get a wagon or SUV. It will fill most peoples needs
Old 10-02-2003, 08:35 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by 95gt
I have seen it at the ride and drive and it is not enormous but is well shaped and plenty deep. Would love fold down seats but if you really need something with a huge trunk get a wagon or SUV. It will fill most peoples needs
Yeah, fold down seats would be nice, but I guess the pass-thru will have to suffice. As for the trunk (saw it briefly), I don't like the way the sides (I guess from the rear tires) take away from the depth of the trunk. I will get an opportunity to check it out in more detail on Friday.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Instructor

Re: Are any of you concerned about the trunk space in the new TL?

Originally posted by CTyler
?

No, my wife should fit fine in there! OK, JK!! Seriously, rent a truck if you need to haul stuff around.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

It's always good to have friends and family with SUVs if you need to haul anything around.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:37 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Did Acura cheap out on the the TL trunk like they did on the TSX and put hinges or did they get it right and put in gas struts?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Not concerned about trunk size. My in-laws live next door and have a minivan.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Pro

I believe they used hinges not a set up that would not have taken away from the trunk space.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Burning Brakes

acura says the trunk space is more functional, and they were able to fit the same number of golf bags as in the 03TL.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by domn
Did Acura cheap out on the the TL trunk like they did on the TSX and put hinges or did they get it right and put in gas struts?
Hinges and I also thought the trunk was small. I do not like the small opening with the deep trunk. I like a longer trunk lid.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

It does seem kinda small, when I looked at it today.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:07 PM
"But they're mine!"

I would take a small trunk with and a 186" long car over the current TL ANY DAY OF THE DAMN WEEK!!
Old 10-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Advanced

Strangely enough, Ibelieve the TL trunk is slightly smaller than the TSX based on the specs I read.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:15 PM
10th Gear

Unhappy

After seeing the car, I've got to say that the trunk is probably my biggest disappointment. It seems that a large space is taken up by the large covered hinges. Acura did great on the hood lifts but totally missed it on the trunk.

Also, the size of the trunk overall seemed to be much smaller than on most cars in the same class.

I currently own a G35 and have been really impressed with just how much trunk space it does have. The only thing that I wish Infiniti would have done is not used a prop rod on the hood.

I guess we can't just have it all but I was hoping with the TL that we would.

David in Memphis
Old 10-02-2003, 11:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm fine with the trunk, how much stuff you keep in there anyway, mine is empty except for jumper cables and a first aid kit.

It's not like we are the Soprano's or something, or are we????
Old 10-03-2003, 12:05 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by LED Master
I'm fine with the trunk, how much stuff you keep in there anyway, mine is empty except for jumper cables and a first aid kit.

It's not like we are the Soprano's or something, or are we????
As long as it holds my golf clubs and my balls, I am cool. :P
Old 10-03-2003, 06:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by G-35
After seeing the car, I've got to say that the trunk is probably my biggest disappointment. It seems that a large space is taken up by the large covered hinges. Acura did great on the hood lifts but totally missed it on the trunk.

Also, the size of the trunk overall seemed to be much smaller than on most cars in the same class.

I currently own a G35 and have been really impressed with just how much trunk space it does have. The only thing that I wish Infiniti would have done is not used a prop rod on the hood.

I guess we can't just have it all but I was hoping with the TL that we would.

David in Memphis
No offense David, but do you think the G looks a little dates next to the new TL? The sedan of course. The coupe is HOT.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Burning Brakes

my dad's new E320 has hinges too but i don't hear anyone complaining about those. at least they don't take as much room as those older hinge designs.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:15 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
No offense David, but do you think the G looks a little dated next to the new TL? The sedan of course. The coupe is HOT.
I've got to say I like the looks of both the G and the TL. I do not think the G looks dated at all compared to the TL but the TL is newest thing out there. Nothing out there has the front end styling like the G so I do not forsee it appearing dated anytime soon.

In my opinion, the two best sedans on the market are the TL and the G35. I understand other opinions about the interior of the G but I've grown to appreciate mine over time. Also, the Infiniti dealer here in Memphis has bent over backwards to please me. The Acura dealer here doesn't have that good a reputation.

I've seen the TL in person but have not yet driven it. It will really have to blow me away compared to my G in order for me to buy it. So far, I'm very impressed with the TL but my G is only 9 months old.

Remember, we all have opinions and some are better than others?
Old 10-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Suzuka Master

I've got to say I like the looks of both the G and the TL. I do not think the G looks dated at all compared to the TL but the TL is newest thing out there. Nothing out there has the front end styling like the G so I do not forsee it appearing dated anytime soon.

In my opinion, the two best sedans on the market are the TL and the G35. I understand other opinions about the interior of the G but I've grown to appreciate mine over time. Also, the Infiniti dealer here in Memphis has bent over backwards to please me. The Acura dealer here doesn't have that good a reputation.

I've seen the TL in person but have not yet driven it. It will really have to blow me away compared to my G in order for me to buy it. So far, I'm very impressed with the TL but my G is only 9 months old.

Thanks for the honest feedback. Why is the local Acura deal bad?

The G is definitely a great car.

We all are entitled to our own opinions.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Advanced

Sadly, I had a customer take back his deposit because he thought the trunk was too small. I could not convince him otherwise and he ended up getting an RX330. (talk about a switch ) If he wanted an SUV why would he put a deposit on a TL???

Personnally I think its just fine. Definitly smaller then the 03 but as mentioned 30 times in this post, if you want to haul stuff get a truck.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with you about the looks of the G35 and about Acura vs. Infiniti dealers. The Acura dealers around Los Angeles are only slightly higher on the evolutionary chain than Banana slugs, as fars as I am concerned. In fact, I've been treated worse by Acura than I was by Honda. Walk into a Lexus or Infiniti dealer, and you see what ownership experience is all about. Its like night and day.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by BradW
Sadly, I had a customer take back his deposit because he thought the trunk was too small. I could not convince him otherwise and he ended up getting an RX330. (talk about a switch ) If he wanted an SUV why would he put a deposit on a TL???

Personnally I think its just fine. Definitly smaller then the 03 but as mentioned 30 times in this post, if you want to haul stuff get a truck.
My hubby wants (me to get) the FX35. I'm more of an Acura/Honda fan, whereas he is more of an Infiniti/Nissan fan.