Acura: ZDX News

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
...and their lettering designations are horrible.

"If" the "X" designates cross-over/SUV (MDX, RDX....MSX) then why is the small 4 door sedan called the TSX?!?!?

RL, TL.....TSX?!?!?
they don't know, it's simple.
MSX? X6? same shit...
WHY Acura WE CANNOT GET A NEW LITTLE FAST SIMPLE COUPE????
Old 10-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior looks good but fix the grille.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:46 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumchah
Most of it came yesterday evening...?

Besides, your PPD is 18.24...not far from mine. So, quit your yapping.
Whore.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Some of you guys act like since Acura is coming out with this thing, they have dropped all plans for coupes and sedans with a RWD platform. It was already known that this CUV was on its way. Just because Acura has this thing coming out first, that doesn't mean it will be the ONLY thing coming out. Some of you forget the fact that Acura only announced its ambitions of being a Tier One company back in January. It hasn't even been a year yet! In these past ten months, Acura has done A LOT. Think about all the announcements, debuts and spyshots that have surfaced just in 2008. This year has probably been Acura's busiest year ever, and it's not even over yet. It's only going to get busier. The development of this CUV probably started around two years ago. During that time, the economic situation was much different than it is today. You can't just expect a company to have a car ready at the snap of a finger or scrap one just as fast. My point is, stop complaining about things that have no merit. Everything you guys are asking for is on its way, it just takes TIME. Let me apologize on behalf of Acura for not having an new NSX, coupe, and large sedan ALL on a new RWD platform with V8 and V10 power within 10 months of their announcement of Tier One. Seriously, some of you just need to MOVE ON or take a chill-pill and be patient.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:59 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
Some of you guys act like since Acura is coming out with this thing, they have dropped all plans for coupes and sedans with a RWD platform. It was already known that this CUV was on its way. Just because Acura has this thing coming out first, that doesn't mean it will be the ONLY thing coming out. Some of you forget the fact that Acura only announced its ambitions of being a Tier One company back in January. It hasn't even been a year yet! In these past ten months, Acura has done A LOT. Think about all the announcements, debuts and spyshots that have surfaced just in 2008. This year has probably been Acura's busiest year ever, and it's not even over yet. It's only going to get busier. The development of this CUV probably started around two years ago. During that time, the economic situation was much different than it is today. You can't just expect a company to have a car ready at the snap of a finger or scrap one just as fast. My point is, stop complaining about things that have no merit. Everything you guys are asking for is on its way, it just takes TIME. Let me apologize on behalf of Acura for not having an new NSX, coupe, and large sedan ALL on a new RWD platform with V8 and V10 power within 10 months of their announcement of Tier One. Seriously, some of you just need to MOVE ON or take a chill-pill and be patient.
I agree....

BUT, what you are failing to see or acknowledge is that these are things people on this board have been complaining about and wanting long before the Tier 1 stuff was announced. These are not new complaints, they are very, very old ones. The RWD/V8 complaint went back to before the 1st gen TSX, 3G TL and new RL came out. So we're now going on 6 years........

Fact is they should have acted sooner.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by dom
I agree....

BUT, what you are failing to see or acknowledge is that these are things people on this board have been complaining about and wanting long before the Tier 1 stuff was announced. These are not new complaints, they are very, very old ones. The RWD/V8 complaint went back to before the 1st gen TSX, 3G TL and new RL came out. So we're now going on 6 years........

I understand the fact that people have been asking for these things for a while. However, back in 2002, Acura never announced, or even hinted that something RWD or V8 was coming anytime soon. Many of the tabloid car websites posted news articles about "confirmation from high-up Acura execs" and photo chopped images of a 1st gen RL with a new front fascia and called it the 2nd gen RWD RL with V8 power. The facts are that Acura NEVER released any sort of press release or made any sort of announcement that they were planning a RWD car and/or V8 engines. The fact is that we NEVER saw a spy photo of any Acura with a possible RWD setup and/or V8 engine. Fast forward to 2008 when Acura makes the being Tier One announcement and what do we get? An RL/TSX frankenmule with an unmistakeably RWD layout and possible V8 engine in the hood just judging from how humped the hood was. We get actual spy shots of a new Acura sports coupe on the Nurburgring. We get a confirmation of a V8 engine for Acura from the Honda CEO himself. So really, people have been complaining, but they were just wasting their time and emotions. The time to complain will be in 2012 if all Acura has released in the time before that is this new CUV, not now and not in the past either.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:19 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

S because they never announced anything we shouldn't be asking? Good logic. Wasting time and emotions are what car forums are about. The fact remains that they they should have listened to these complaints long ago.

If they had Acura wouldn't be the butt of jokes in the luxury car arena it is today.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by dom
S because they never announced anything we shouldn't be asking? Good logic. Wasting time and emotions are what car forums are about. The fact remains that they they should have listened to these complaints long ago.

If they had Acura wouldn't be the butt of jokes in the luxury car arena it is today.
I'm not saying don't ask. I'm just saying don't be pissed off that you didn't get what you asked for because nobody was ever told that they would be getting it. And when I say you, I don't mean just YOU, I mean everyone who is complaining.

Acura, until now, was always about being the value luxury brand ALTERNATIVE to the Tier One manufacturers (BMW and MB). If Acura offered us RWD platforms with V8 engines back then, what about it would have been a value-driven alternative? It would have been a direct competitor, which it was never intended to be. Utilizing FWD platforms and engines that were being utilized in Honda's are what enabled Acura to offer the value of more bang for the buck. The whole Acura lineup even until today is based off the same platform that the Honda Accord uses. People will finally be getting what they have been asking for, but 75% of them won't be buying it because they will then be complaining about the price tag that comes along with a RWD V8 luxury car that they say they have been wanting for YEARS. No matter how you look at it, it's going to be a lose lose situation.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:44 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I'm not saying don't ask. I'm just saying don't be pissed off that you didn't get what you asked for because nobody was ever told that they would be getting it. And when I say you, I don't mean just YOU, I mean everyone who is complaining.

Acura, until now, was always about being the value luxury brand ALTERNATIVE to the Tier One manufacturers (BMW and MB). If Acura offered us RWD platforms with V8 engines back then, what about it would have been a value-driven alternative? It would have been a direct competitor, which it was never intended to be. Utilizing FWD platforms and engines that were being utilized in Honda's are what enabled Acura to offer the value of more bang for the buck. The whole Acura lineup even until today is based off the same platform that the Honda Accord uses. People will finally be getting what they have been asking for, but 75% of them won't be buying it because they will then be complaining about the price tag that comes along with a RWD V8 luxury car that they say they have been wanting for YEARS. No matter how you look at it, it's going to be a lose lose situation.
And the value proposition worked, more or less for some of their models. But times have changed. Lexus and Infiniti followed the same 'value' model and gradually changed....They seem to be doing just fine.

I wouldn't say people are pissed off, I know I'm not. Disappointed, yes. Lose, lose situation? I seriously doubt that. And if Acura thought that, they wouldn't be going this route.

Time will tell....
Old 10-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,410 Likes on 3,022 Posts
Originally Posted by Infamous425
seriously, they want a 3rd suv and ZERO coupes?

Looks like a minivan
Old 10-22-2008, 03:53 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Clearly this vehicle has been in production for a while...and now Acura is "stuck" with it.

In this climate putting out another CUV/SUV is beyond nuts....but then again it looks pretty much complete for a 2009 release.

Depending on the size of this vehicle, I see it bringing a quicker end to the slow death that is the RDX.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by dom
And the value proposition worked, more or less for some of their models. But times have changed. Lexus and Infiniti followed the same 'value' model and gradually changed....They seem to be doing just fine.

I wouldn't say people are pissed off, I know I'm not. Disappointed, yes. Lose, lose situation? I seriously doubt that. And if Acura thought that, they wouldn't be going this route.

Time will tell....
Lexus and Infiniti were values compared to their direct German competitors. However, Acura was even a value compared to Lexus and Infiniti. Before Carlos Goshn came, Infiniti's were expensive compared to Acura's. Lexus cars have always been more expensive than Acura's. Lexus and Infiniti both offered RWD where as Acura only offered FWD.

I didn't mean that it was going to be a lose lose for Acura directly. I meant that it was going to be a lose lose on these forums because people will always find something to complain about, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

However, in the end, you are right... Time will tell. I just wish some others on here would accept that along with a dose of patience.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Honda Fanboy

Clearly this vehicle has been in production for a while...and now Acura is "stuck" with it.

In this climate putting out another CUV/SUV is beyond nuts....but then again it looks pretty much complete for a 2009 release.

Depending on the size of this vehicle, I see it bringing a quicker end to the slow death that is the RDX.
Judging from what can be seen from the spy-pics, this car is based off of the same global platform that the rest of the Acura lineup is using. The interior seems like it's mostly parts sharing with the MDX and the drivetrain, if new, will undoubtedly be utilized for future Acura's. So really, I don't think that Acura really had to invest a great deal of money for the development of this car and it probably won't have anything unique to it that couldn't easily be shared with other Acura's to make up the cost. If the car does flop, I don't think Acura will be at much of a loss money wise.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

They all went after the German luxury brands. The models they followed were all relatively the same and focused on value. How they went about it in terms of drive trains may have differed. But all offered FWD. Whether one was more expensive then the other back in the early 90's when they got a foot hold, I'm not sure and I don't think it matters. Because clearly Lexus was the most successful, and shouldn't that be what they're measured by?

I think people have been MORE than patient. And yes, they'll always be something to complain about, another thing forums are all about.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by dom
They all went after the German luxury brands. The models they followed were all relatively the same and focused on value. How they went about it in terms of drive trains may have differed. But all offered FWD. Whether one was more expensive then the other back in the early 90's when they got a foot hold, I'm not sure and I don't think it matters. Because clearly Lexus was the most successful, and shouldn't that be what they're measured by?

I think people have been MORE than patient. And yes, they'll always be something to complain about, another thing forums are all about.
There is a difference between offering FWD and offering ONLY FWD (Which is what Acura did). Infiniti, Lexus and Acura did all go after the Germans, but Infiniti and Lexus did it more directly compared to Acura which did it more discretely. Acura outsold Lexus up around until the time the first gen RL. Acura went downhill once they got rid of the Legend name. The Germans and Lexus pumped up their V8 RWD sedans (GS400 namely) and Acura has been history ever since.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:28 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
VTEC racer, please, hit enter sometimes. please.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by JS + TL
VTEC racer, please, hit enter sometimes. please.
Once you learn what the standards are for beginning a new paragraph, re-read my posts and then re-think yours.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:22 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by biker
Still no push button start?

I don't understand the infatuation w/ push button start.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:33 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ No keys > keys
Old 10-22-2008, 06:36 PM
I feel the need...

Whoopty friggin do. You still have to carry the key in your pocket, purse, murse...
Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

There is a difference between offering FWD and offering ONLY FWD (Which is what Acura did). Infiniti, Lexus and Acura did all go after the Germans, but Infiniti and Lexus did it more directly compared to Acura which did it more discretely. Acura outsold Lexus up around until the time the first gen RL. Acura went downhill once they got rid of the Legend name. The Germans and Lexus pumped up their V8 RWD sedans (GS400 namely) and Acura has been history ever since.
Not sure I'd say you're making excuses for what Acura did or failed to do. But fact is there is a reason they now plan to offer RWD and a V8...because they other plan isn't working. And this is what most people on these and other Honda boards have been saying all along.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:51 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Whoopty friggin do. You still have to carry the key in your pocket, purse, murse...
But you don't have to remove anything from your pocket and press a tiny little button to get into your car....I can't tell you how many times I could have used keyless entry.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:57 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by dom
But you don't have to remove anything from your pocket and press a tiny little button to get into your car....I can't tell you how many times I could have used keyless entry.

Bottom line is keys as we know them for cars are going to go the way of the dinosaur.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by dom
Meh. The cornucopia of laziness has reached a zenith when it's too much difficulty to use a car fob. :

2 calories it takes to reach into pocket x 150 million North American drivers x 4 times a day = 1.2 billion calories not burnt daily = lard city.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I remember when I got keyless entry for the first time in a car...it was like heaven. I have yet to experience push start. One of these days...
Old 10-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Meh. The cornucopia of laziness has reached a zenith when it's too much difficulty to use a car fob. :

2 calories it takes to reach into pocket x 150 million North American drivers x 4 times a day = 1.2 billion calories not burnt daily = lard city.
@ lardos

it is a really nice feature though, I hate when I have crap in my hands, especially when I'm leaving the car and have to fumble around to lock the damn thing. If only I could have the same feature on my front door, life would be easy, and twice as fat.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by The Dougler
If only I could have the same feature on my front door, life would be easy, and twice as fat.
You and me and a fatty makes three tonight...
Old 10-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Race Director

I don't understand the infatuation w/ push button start.

I think the system the RL has and the old Murano is just as good as a push button. The point is not having to take the keys out of your pocket. Not whether its a button or a dial.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Not sure I'd say you're making excuses for what Acura did or failed to do. But fact is there is a reason they now plan to offer RWD and a V8...because they other plan isn't working. And this is what most people on these and other Honda boards have been saying all along.
What Acura failed to do has always been lifting its brand image up on par with say, Lexus/BMW/MB. But in terms of sales and making money, Acura has been very successful.

I really don't think Infiniti was all that successful back then. Come to think about it, the line up was actually quite similar to the one from Lexus; LS vs Q, GS vs M, ES vs I. Yet Infiniti was not successful at all, and I don't think it was a very well known brand compared to Acura and Lexus. At least my parents know what Acura and Lexus, while they have no idea what an Infiniti is. Infiniti had to change pretty much its entire lineup to get back into the competition. All of the cars are pretty much BMW-wannabe's at bargain prices.

Now things are different, everyone is moving up, and Acura's old strategy doesn't work anymore..or doesn't work as well. The Accord is moving up quickly too, so Acura has no choice but to move way up.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,651 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Considering how the letter "M" sounds close to the "N"...I can image alot of people going, "Yeah, I own an MSX..." and the listener'll think the guy said "NSX"...and well, yeah...in for such a disappointment. Supercar vs. a...crossover.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
I agree....

RWD and V8 is the appease the enthusiasts mostly, and FWD and V6 simply doesn't belong in a larger vehicle like the RL, and it seems like the TL is getting to that size and its going to continue to grow. Seriously, who gives a crap how many vehicles they sell? I don't.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Hello, we are the key fob police...please give us back all your car key fobs...because clearly you don't need them, and would rather unlock & lock your car with a key.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Yumchah
Considering how the letter "M" sounds close to the "N"...I can image alot of people going, "Yeah, I own an MSX..." and the listener'll think the guy said "NSX"...and well, yeah...in for such a disappointment. Supercar vs. a...crossover.
Well if Acura does not rename the NSX to something else, and they do in fact call this car the MSX.......then, Acura is more out of their minds than we thought.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned

Once you learn what the standards are for beginning a new paragraph, re-read my posts and then re-think yours.

Yeah, but it will make your posts easier to read. I almost didn't wanna read your post because of that!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by Ikko
Yeah, but it will make your posts easier to read. I almost didn't wanna read your post because of that!
Your to lazy to read a paragraph with five sentences in it? Was it this hard for you to read books in school that had paragraphs with way more than five sentences? From now on, I will ignore all rules of the English language regarding paragraphs and write all my posts in bulletin points instead, just so it will be easier for you to read.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Well if Acura does not rename the NSX to something else, and they do in fact call this car the MSX.......then, Acura is more out of their minds than we thought.
Didn't I warn you earlier in this thread about Acura's retardedness...
Old 10-23-2008, 12:54 PM
spaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I absolutely hate acura names. tsx, rsx, mdx, rdx, nsx, and now msx.

for people who have a lisp and love acura they are stuck to only getting the tl...
even that sucks with the stupid TYPE S!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I agree with the last few posts..... Integra, Legend and Inspire > TL, TSX, RL, etc.

And why are we even comparing or even mentioning what enthusiasts (most AZ members) want with what the average consumer (those who buy Camrys, Civics) wants? The average 30-50 year old luxury car buyer probably doesn't give a crap about V8s, when they think V8 they think poor fuel economy. Most of them probably don't even think about RWD aside from those in snowy climates.

When was the last time YOUR parents gave a crap about RWD and a V8? Personally my parents have NEVER had the desire for RWD or a V8 specifically. Just because you see a lot of people on AZ wanting it doesn't mean everyone else does.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

Your to lazy to read a paragraph with five sentences in it? Was it this hard for you to read books in school that had paragraphs with way more than five sentences? From now on, I will ignore all rules of the English language regarding paragraphs and write all my posts in bulletin points instead, just so it will be easier for you to read.

Woah, easy there, partner!
Ok, back on topic.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I feel the need...

The MSX seems like a silly name for an even sillier idea. Semi-sporty, CUV on stilts -- sounds like an Infiniti EX, BMW X6 wannabe tub of lard failboat. No comprende.

Quick Reply: Acura: ZDX News