Acura: ZDX News

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
I've driven the current MDX several times and I don't remember seeing any ungainly foam in particular.
There is foam visible between the front fender and the unit body frame, It is visible if you open the door and look in the forward jam by the hinge. It's probably there to reduce resonance without adding weight.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:27 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I remember correctly, the last Gen TL didn't have its exhausts done in the same cheap way the ZDX did. Nor the current Gen RL. I simply used a C Class as an example because I work around them and a base model at 35k has a nicely finished exhaust but I'm sure there are other models around that price as well like that. To be fair, the S and E Class has a similar set-up as the ZDX's exhaust however those pipes and the surrounding material is stainless steel and all lines up and there is no attempt to hide it by painting the insides black as with the ZDX.

To be honest, I never noticed stuff like the foam in the MDX door jam until I started to work for Mercedes and things like this stuck out. Foam does NOT belong in a car's door jam and visible to the customer.

Overall I think the ZDX is an attractive vehicle with some interesting lines that work well together. I didn't have a chance to drive it just look at it when I dropped by my old dealership which had a whopping 15 new and used cars sold by the 20th! What a joke. I had 9 cars sold by myself on the 20th of December.

And regarding the door latch... if you want to say a 35k car has the same latch as a 200k car then I guess that either says good things about the cheaper car or bad things about the expensive one. I had a good laugh on that fact myself...
Old 12-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
Yea it matters it's called paying attention to the little things. It's what sets a first class car apart from a second class one like Acura using prop rods for some of its cars.
Who cares about details when the vehicle overall looks like crap? 99% of buyers will never notice or care about exhaust tips (nor prop rods, nor the foam in the door). So if a car has prop rods it's second class?

Look, the ZDX looks like crap and no amount attention to detail will change that. Conversely, I'm sure a Land Rover has plenty of items which have every detail covered yet it's still a POS in term of reliability - which is much more important to most folks.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:23 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Different strokes for different folks. The Mini has one of the worst ratings for reliability yet it has one of the highest customer loyalty ratings in the industry and they sell very briskly so your Land Rover point isn't valid all of the time, is it?

Acura claims to be a luxury brand (so does Lexus) but using foam in the door jam and prop rods, to me, doesn't say "luxury." If you don't care about that stuff then great for you!

Most people don't care that if you look at a Lexus IS on a lift you can see bolts going through the floor and sticking down 1" from where the seats are anchored or that the underside of that car has very poor fit and finish with all sorts of parts hanging down while the Mercedes and BMW models have nicely finished undersides with solid metal covers, high quality hoses and fittings, etc...

Like I said, different strokes for different folks. I look at the small details because usually if a carmaker spends time on those then the stuff everybody notices should be fine.

I acutally like the overall look of the ZDX and the exhaust wouldn't stop me from buying one but I would balk at the 56k price on the window of the one I saw.

Originally Posted by biker
Who cares about details when the vehicle overall looks like crap? 99% of buyers will never notice or care about exhaust tips (nor prop rods, nor the foam in the door). So if a car has prop rods it's second class?

Look, the ZDX looks like crap and no amount attention to detail will change that. Conversely, I'm sure a Land Rover has plenty of items which have every detail covered yet it's still a POS in term of reliability - which is much more important to most folks.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:46 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I don't even know what to say.

90%+ of car owners will probably NEVER see what their car looks like underneath when it's on a lift, let alone remember, let alone notice whether or not the bolts stick through, let alone remember what their last car looked like to even compare, let alone even know what the hell they're looking at in the first place. Hell, I've had both of my cars on jackstands, two-post and four-post drive-on lifts more times than I can count and I never noticed something like that, because when I have a car on a lift I'm actually doing something with it. I've also had a current-gen IS250 AWD on a lift a few times and I never noticed anything out of the ordinary.... but I'm beating a dead horse here.

Whatever, I'm done with these trivial observations. Next thing you're going to tell me is that when viewed under a microscope, the hardlines for the brakes for a Mercedes looks like a denser material than a comparable Acura's

Old 12-23-2009, 11:55 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I'm not really interested in what 90% of anybody thinks. 90% of of the population probably doesn't even know who our Vice President is. So if you want to talk about what 90% of the people think then have fun with that.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:02 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
As a sales manager you probably should care what 90% of people think since the other 10% probably know better than to buy a new Mercedes.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Hello!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
I'm not really interested in what 90% of anybody thinks. 90% of of the population probably doesn't even know who our Vice President is. So if you want to talk about what 90% of the people think then have fun with that.
This has been interesting as with seemingly every post you are complete evidence of why people think and KNOW that car salesmen are unethical, ridiculous, liars, cheats with no grasp of reality. Seriously, you really make them look WORSE.

Using the C-class as any standard of anything automotive related is pretty laughable at best. Nice car that hasn't lead in any category for sometime now.

So do you use exhaust cut outs as a sales technique? Do you show consumers "hey the C-class has a great exhaust tip, the ZDX has a laughable one".

Has ANY customer ever complained about some exhaust tips or outlets?

You don't look at small details you are just picking on some.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
There is foam visible between the front fender and the unit body frame, It is visible if you open the door and look in the forward jam by the hinge. It's probably there to reduce resonance without adding weight.
I've not noticed that either...and I own an 09 MDX. I'll check it out when I get home from work.

Back to the pseudo exhaust tip thing, I sort of recall varying trims of the Pontiac Bonneville and Grand Prix having a similar arrangement. IMHO, that should have been enough for Mazda (MS6) and Lexus (IS-F) NOT to do it.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
I've not noticed that either...and I own an 09 MDX. I'll check it out when I get home from work.
It's black and hard to see unless you're looking specifically for it.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:19 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Originally Posted by LessisBestmakingendsmeet
This has been interesting as with seemingly every post you are complete evidence of why people think and KNOW that car salesmen are unethical, ridiculous, liars, cheats with no grasp of reality. Seriously, you really make them look WORSE.
Interesting observation considering my profession has nothing to do with the poorly-fitted tailpipes on the ZDX, the fact that Acura sticks a big ol piece of foam in the MDX door jam, or that Acura uses a prop rod for the RDX. But I appreciate the warm words of support anyway!

Using the C-class as any standard of anything automotive related is pretty laughable at best. Nice car that hasn't lead in any category for sometime now.
I don't believe I did use the C Class (or any other model) as a standard, I merely pointed out that its exhaust (like the previous TL and current RL model) is of higher quality than that of the ZDX.

So do you use exhaust cut outs as a sales technique? Do you show consumers "hey the C-class has a great exhaust tip, the ZDX has a laughable one".
Actually I could if I wanted to as I beat out 99.99% of my fellow sales consultants West of the Mississippi River in a walk around contest on the C and E but I only take floor customers rarely and I doubt if many people would be cross shopping a C Class with a ZDX.

Has ANY customer ever complained about some exhaust tips or outlets?
Not to my knowledge but I hear things like "tinny doors" and "flimsy hoods" and, thinking about the last Acura customer I sold an E Class to I heard a lot about bad transmissions and run-arounds from the local dealer. He was more than happy to trade in his 06 TL for a $56,000.00 E Class Coupe and not buy the 2009 TL.

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
As a sales manager you probably should care what 90% of people think since the other 10% probably know better than to buy a new Mercedes.
That's okay, new highline cars are not priced for 90% of the population though if they could afford one a great many would like to own a Mercedes or a BMW or another Tier 1 brand. When I worked for Acura I spent a great deal of time trying to get people to not see Acura as an expensive Honda. I am very happy to not have to demonstrate the value of the brand I do sell.

Unfortunately with the credit situation right now I spend a great deal of time having to tell people that they do not qualify for a loan on a new Mercedes and getting them bought on a used one is still very tough. But the nice thing is that I make a good living on the remaining amount.

The fact that I had sold 9 cars this month myself and my previous employer, an Acura dealer, had managed to sell 15 cars with six sales people simply reinforces my opinion that I switched brands at the right time!

And when I left Acura I didn't pay attention to things like prop rods or foam or tailpipes but when people are shelling out a lot of money for a new car these things do matter... not by themselves but collectively. Acura is not a bad car, indeed I owned one for 5 years and loved it, but, by the company's own admission, they are not Tier 1 and it's the "little things" that make a brand Tier 1.

Last edited by CL6; 12-24-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:13 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,783 Likes on 1,409 Posts
....so, on the way to LAX yesterday, I saw one of these on the road... I saw it my side mirror pulling up on the fast lane... and was thinking it was the TL because that hideous grill... but as it passed by, I realized it was the ZDX. I actually like that backend, but that front?

that's it, that's all I wanted to say, I will unsubscribed to this thread now.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
You subscribed to this thread?!?!?!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:47 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,783 Likes on 1,409 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
You subscribed to this thread?!?!?!
no, but when I posted a reply (for the first time) I was subscribed automatically.

ugh, now I must unsubscribed again
Old 04-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I don't get the Acura designers. Got to sit in one at the auto show today, interior was pretty good except for the amount of cheap looking fake metal. The silver in the cockpit is some sort of painted stripes on silver plastic. i'm not really sure what kind of look they were aiming for there.

But here's the thing - there is real aluminum accents in the trunk area.

With the exception of the RL, the interiors of all Acuras are lacking that luxury touch/ambience that you feel when you're inside other luxury cars. Infiniti has definitely leapfrogged Acura in this area, whereas before I didn't think too highly of Infiniti interiors. It's really sad how lost Acura is, considering that the ZDX is one of the baby steps toward their tier 1 goal.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:28 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Acura ZDX to be discontinued after 2013 model year

The Acura ZDX will be discontinued after the 2013 model year, the automaker has announced. Ending a four-year run, the boldly styled 2013 Acura ZDX will carry a price of $51,815 including destination.

With Acura preparing to unveil a new MDX seven-passenger crossover before long, we’re not surprised to see the luxury brand abandon the MDX-based ZDX, which Acura may have given up on a while back. A total of 642 ZDX coupe-like crossovers have been sold through the end of September, down from 1220 during the same period last year. For context, Acura sold 140 ILX Hybrids and 4692 MDXs in September alone — clearly, Acura is focusing on its top-selling crossover and not the niche-buster. When the MDX moves production from the plant in Alliston, Ontario to one in Lincoln, Alabama early next year, the ZDX will be left behind.

Though the base price of the 2013 Acura ZDX is nearly $5000 more than the entry-level 2012 ZDX, the 2013 model has more standard equipment. A $51,815 2013 ZDX includes a navigation system, premium 10-speaker sound system, multi-view rearview camera, heated/ventilated frontseats with Milano leather seating surfaces, and a keyless access system.

http://wot.motortrend.com/official-acura-zdx-discontinued-after-2013-model-year-2013-zdx-priced-at-51815-273755.html[/url]

Acura Press Release

2013 Acura ZDX Luxury Crossover To Get Numerous Enhancements in its Final Model Year
Equipped with new features and safety technologies; priced at $50,920*

10/10/2012 - TORRANCE, Calif.

The innovative and stylish Acura ZDX crossover vehicle, introduced in 2009, will receive numerous styling and technology enhancements for the 2013 model year, which will be the final year on the market for ZDX as the Acura brand sharpens its focus on new models and core products, the company announced today.

The 2013 ZDX will receive several new features, including a redesigned front grille, front and rear parking sensors, power folding side mirrors and safety features such as Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW). The 2013 Acura ZDX will go on sale October 19, 2012, with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $50,920*.

"People shopping for a luxury crossover vehicle will find the Acura ZDX an even more attractive product," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of the Acura Division. "Moving forward, we will continue to advance the Acura lineup with a focus on new core models, like the recently redesigned RDX and the upcoming all-new RLX flagship sedan, that provide the ideal balance of performance and fuel efficiency that is right for each product and a driving experience that is dynamic and emotional."

The ZDX is built in the same Alliston, Ontario plant as the Acura MDX, which shares the platform with ZDX. As a result, ZDX production will be discontinued in conjunction with the transfer of the popular MDX to the company's Lincoln, Alabama plant in early 2013 (as previously announced).

For 2013, the Acura ZDX will be sold as a single, valued-added package offering clients greater value on a luxury scale. Robust features now standard on the 2013 ZDX include the 435-watt Acura/ELS Surround® 10-speaker audio system with 15 GB hard disk drive (HDD) memory, Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™, 8-inch high-resolution VGA display, multi-view rear view camera, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface, ventilated and heated front seats with perforated premium Milano leather seating surfaces, Keyless Access System (with Smart Entry and pushbutton ignition) and dual-zone automatic climate control system.

The ZDX will receive several new exterior features for 2013, such as a redesigned front grille, front and rear bumpers with integrated parking sensors, power-folding auto-dimming side mirrors and a dark accent on the wheels for a sportier finish. The interior receives a new trim finish on the center console and a high contrast interior option.

Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW) are two new safety features for the 2013 ZDX. The Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system can detect vehicles ahead of the ZDX. If the FCW system determines that a collision is possible with a detected vehicle, it provides the driver with visual and audio alerts to encourage avoidance actions. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) uses a camera mounted between the windshield and the rear-view mirror to detect lane lines on the road. If the driver begins to drift out of a detected lane without using the turn indicator, the system will provide the driver with visual and audible alerts.

The 2013 ZDX is equipped with an all-aluminum 3.7-liter V-6 engine that develops 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. Performance is further enhanced by the ZDX's Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission that is designed to satisfy the most discerning enthusiast drivers. The 2013 ZDX EPA city/highway/combined fuel mileage is rated at 16/23/19 mpg**.

For customers seeking a great balance of utility and performance Acura will continue to offer vehicles in the luxury crossover space with the 5-passenger RDX and the TSX Sport Wagon. Acura also will continue to provide ZDX customers with a high-level of service and parts support throughout the life of their vehicles.

U.S. sales of Acura models increased 43.5 percent in September and rose nearly 30 percent to 115,773 units for the first nine-months of 2012, the Acura brand's best nine-month sales results since 2008. The Acura TL sedan, along with the MDX, RDX and TSX Sport Wagon crossover vehicles, have each posted double-digit gains for the year to date, including an 85.7-percent rise in sales of the redesigned RDX and a 25.2-percent gain for the TSX Sport Wagon. The all-new Acura ILX continues to gain momentum, posting its fifth consecutive monthly increase on September sales of 1,737 units.

Acura will debut its all-new 2014 Acura RLX luxury sedan on November 28, 2012, at the Los Angeles International Auto Show. The new Acura flagship sedan will employ an array of new technologies unique to Acura, including the Precision All Wheel Steer™ system, the next-generation AcuraLink® Communication System, and the all-new Jewel Eye™ LED headlamps to deliver an entirely new level of performance, sophistication and comfort.

:waitsforCrosstourdiscontinueannouncement:

@

Last edited by AZuser; 10-10-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:32 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
Good Riddance to worthless rubbish.
The following users liked this post:
HBaJ (10-10-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,648 Likes on 13,889 Posts
Good one, Acura.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:46 PM
The Third Ball

That designer has probably ruined her career...and she let Acura throw her under the bus to top it off. I remember when the debuted and they put her in the forefront of all the interviews, etc...

When was the last you met the designers of an acura/honda......yeah, me either.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 PM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
One word - Disaster.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Around 5:40 in the video you can see were she starts BSing and concentrating super hard to not blurt out "BMW X6!"

Glad this is getting the ax. I don't know why Acura ever thought they had enough room for 3 suv/cuv things and no coupes.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mikeschicagoRL
Around 5:40 in the video you can see were she starts BSing and concentrating super hard to not blurt out "BMW X6!"

Glad this is getting the ax. I don't know why Acura ever thought they had enough room for 3 suv/cuv things and no coupes.
Common sense decisions with Acura??? OMG.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM
The Third Ball

Its not just that...this thing is HORRIBLY designed.

I checked it out at the LA auto show when it debuted.

The rear doors slope SO low, any damn near impossible for any adult not to crack their skull trying to get in or out without being conscientious of said low over hang and contorting their body in some weird way as to avoid it.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Sarlacc

The rear doors slope SO low, any damn near impossible for any adult not to crack their skull trying to get in or out without being conscientious of said low over hang and contorting their body in some weird way as to avoid it.
It was made for short people in mind.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
Yet, the Crossturd endures.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts

They thought they could sell more ZDX than coupes...

of course 4 door will always get the most of the sales but look at the #s for G37 coupe and 3 series coupe... it is pretty significant... yet Acura wanted to target X6.

If BMW can't even sell that many X6, what made Acura think they could.
The following 2 users liked this post by oonowindoo:
EL19 (10-10-2012), jnc2000 (10-11-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 01:40 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Yumcha
It was made for short people in mind.
Can't use that excuse since it was designed in the US by an American.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,813 Likes on 3,731 Posts
Shocking!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Well, I give props to Acura for recognizing )the hard way) a GIANT mistake.

Horribly designed vehicle that nobody asked for or wanted.

Too bad they can't recognize that the new RL is gonna be a train wreck as well.

Now, Acura, kill the RL too.
Build a new flagship. Introduce RWD into the mix.
Debut a coupe/convertible.
Kill the ILX or the TSX, you cannot go on with both.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM
_

Originally Posted by biker
Yet, the Crossturd endures.
It's just a matter of time.

From https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=501

American Honda is hoping a refresh of its ’13 Honda Crosstour and Acura ZDX cross/utility vehicles will boost demand, following 3 years of lackluster sales.

Vicki Poponi, assistant vice president-product planning, says research on the Crosstour showed “people weren’t exactly sure what it was (because) it was a ‘tweener.’”

The auto maker initially called for 40,000 annual sales of the Crosstour. But even in its best year of 2010 the CUV fell short, with just 28,851 deliveries, WardsAuto data shows.

Crosstour sales through August of 12,857 units and its 0.85% U.S. market share place the vehicle near the bottom of WardsAuto’s Middle CUV segment. In contrast, the Honda CR-V is the segment’s best-seller with 191,113 units and a 12.6% share of the group.

“The customers that buy the Crosstour absolutely love it,” says Mike Accavitti, American Honda’s marketing chief. “Our challenge becomes finding more people to (choose it).”

Honda is not revealing the Crosstour’s new sales target, but Poponi says the auto maker no longer is shooting for 40,000 units. “We’ve reduced expectations. We want to stabilize and let that just grow.”

Details of the ’13 Acura ZDX are sparse, but Poponi says to expect typical midcycle changes, including an updated exterior and interior as well as added features.

The ZDX shares the Crosstour’s identity crisis, she says, but there is no word yet on whether Acura will deviate from the “4-door coupe” label the CUV was given at launch.

ZDX deliveries represent only a fraction of the Crosstour’s volume. Acura sold 594 units in the year’s 1st 8 months for a 0.76% share, placing it dead last in WardsAuto’s Large Luxury CUV category. The ZDX’s best year also was 2010, with 3,259 units, falling short of initial sales projections of 5,000.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
Even a base Mercedes C Class for $34,000.00 has an exhaust that's finished off nicer than the ZDX. If that car is all about style then why cheap out to save $25 per unit?

Hell you open the door of an MDX and look down and you'll see a big old piece of FOAM sitting there! FOAM like what you find when you buy a LCD tv from BestBuy! I couldn't believe it Acura made no effort to hide it!

Oh, my door latch post! Gee like I care what you think. Don't like my opinion don't read it.

NEXT...

I just want to know why the "I wish I was a 3 series" base C Class jumped $5,000 in price.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:01 PM
_

Old 10-10-2012, 04:11 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ Exposed door latches are hideous and cheap!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:26 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
They thought they could sell more ZDX than coupes...

of course 4 door will always get the most of the sales but look at the #s for G37 coupe and 3 series coupe... it is pretty significant... yet Acura wanted to target X6.

If BMW can't even sell that many X6, what made Acura think they could.
My understanding is that, ZDX was supposed to be the transitional product to the so-called tier 1 products. In other words, the ZDX was just a temporary model before the V8/RWD cars arrive. That was the plan before the economy tanked and before Honda cancelled literally everything. ZDX was planned much before 2009 when the economy was fine and Acura thought that it would be a good idea. I don't think X6 even existed when Acura was planning the ZDX.

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Well, I give props to Acura for recognizing )the hard way) a GIANT mistake.

Horribly designed vehicle that nobody asked for or wanted.

Too bad they can't recognize that the new RL is gonna be a train wreck as well.

Now, Acura, kill the RL too.
Build a new flagship. Introduce RWD into the mix.
Debut a coupe/convertible.
Kill the ILX or the TSX, you cannot go on with both.
Seems like there's no more Euro/Jpn Accord...so I don't think there will be a new TSX.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Not only buyers are not buying the $50+K top-of-the-line Acura car (RL), they are also not buying the $50+K top-of-the-line Acura crossover/SUV/truck (ZDX). So much for the Acura brand image.

Hopefully, the new NSX and the new RLX will give more balls to the Acura brand, and will push the sustainable top-line price ceiling way beyond $50K this time around.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 PM
The Third Ball

The new NSX is already a tired design...it never blew my socks off.
The following users liked this post:
phee (10-12-2012)
Old 10-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts

I've done it twice on two separate occasions. it's a nice car but rear seat entry can easily result in a concussion.

Acura should add a 6MT option to the 13 ZDX if they want to throw an even more avant garde parting shot.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:26 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,500 Posts
That designer has probably ruined her career...and she let Acura throw her under the bus to top it off. I remember when the debuted and they put her in the forefront of all the interviews, etc...

When was the last you met the designers of an acura/honda......yeah, me either.
maybe, maybe not. The Aztek designer went on to design the C5 and C6 vettes, unless they're Giugiaro most designers work off requirements from marketing and go through many reviews. Ed Cole survived the Corvair and the Vega.

The last 3 TL designers were at their respective press intro's (Charlie Baker, the current CEO of American Honda, and the mohawk dude) as well as the chief designer of new 9G Accord being present just a few weeks ago at it's launch.

It was a mediocre copy of a bad concept from a competitor.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
She works for GM now
Old 10-11-2012, 08:34 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,500 Posts
^ interesting cause Charlie Baker works for GM now too

Quick Reply: Acura: ZDX News