Acura: TLX News

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:35 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Old 08-19-2014, 01:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,649 Likes on 13,889 Posts
Kris and Ken: Brock7...er. Berginyon8 is all yours.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Holy geez. Please tell me Berginyon8 is not a zealot Appleboi too.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
And with that tone, I won't ban you. I'd keep you around just for the amusement your attitude is going to take you.

What great college skoo do you and your buddies go to? Tell them I said hi. :ghey:

A/S/L?

Seriously, did you read what I wrote in response to your comments yesterday? There is little "bashing" of the Acura brands in the sub-forums because that's typically where most of the current owners are...naturally, it is their prerogative to love their current vehicle. There are members who will frequent out of those sub-forums and visit Off-Topic, however. And in some situations, share some of the sentiments mentioned by the regulars in here.

An opinion is an opinion. Why does it bother you so much? Did you invent Acura? Are you a ranking stakeholder? FWIW, the opinions here of those who are not rah-rahing about Acura's latest products are fair. You may not AGREE with them, but they are valid. What is there to get so angry and confrontational about?

Is this your first time on the Internet? Do you and your "college" buddies (yo bro) need a 101?
to be fair, this confrontational attitude is present on both sides of the discussion. I've had a particular poster, I won't name names, following me around the forum trolling bc of my opinion on the tlx that I've shared in this thread.

I can't help but notice the absence of a couple regular posters from this thread over the last few pages that just so happens to coincide with the positive shift in opinion about the tlx. wonder why? hmmm.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
And with that tone, I won't ban you. I'd keep you around just for the amusement your attitude is going to take you.

What great college skoo do you and your buddies go to? Tell them I said hi. :ghey:

A/S/L?

Seriously, did you read what I wrote in response to your comments yesterday? There is little "bashing" of the Acura brands in the sub-forums because that's typically where most of the current owners are...naturally, it is their prerogative to love their current vehicle. There are members who will frequent out of those sub-forums and visit Off-Topic, however. And in some situations, share some of the sentiments mentioned by the regulars in here.

An opinion is an opinion. Why does it bother you so much? Did you invent Acura? Are you a ranking stakeholder? FWIW, the opinions here of those who are not rah-rahing about Acura's latest products are fair. You may not AGREE with them, but they are valid. What is there to get so angry and confrontational about?

Is this your first time on the Internet? Do you and your "college" buddies (yo bro) need a 101?
A mod told me to 'cut down on the personal insults' I stopped the insults and told the mod to ban me if he wants. You immediately started throwing out personal insults right after I was warned not to do it.

Why because you are a 'moderator' too? Please refrain from personal insults. I'm not asking. I'm demanding.

Now as to your little rage fest and the rage fest of the 'buddies group' here on Acurazine.

Other posters have already pointed this out. Initially maybe 90% of this thread hated on the TLX. Reviews were overwhelmingly positive and the hatred died down. But out of all the posters who hated on the TLX page after page, how many came back and said they were wrong? How many came back and said 'well I guess the TLX is a pretty good car after all'? Maybe 5%?

This clearly shows their inability to change their opinions.

What's most ironic to me about all this is if the TLX becomes a massive sales success, these same haters will reemerge and claim 'we love Acura, we bashed the brand because we KNOW Acura can do better. See our bashing made the TLX a success. I might just might possibly get one in 3 years.'
Old 08-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by skd2k1
to be fair, this confrontational attitude is present on both sides of the discussion. I've had a particular poster, I won't name names, following me around the forum trolling bc of my opinion on the tlx that I've shared in this thread.

I can't help but notice the absence of a couple regular posters from this thread over the last few pages that just so happens to coincide with the positive shift in opinion about the tlx. wonder why? hmmm.
While I may be AZ's biggest PW ( ), I don't see everything. That'd be Ron A.

But, in all seriousness, if you think you're being badgered and someone is behaving like a troll, a PM to one of the mods will usually do the trick.

I have no idea who you are speaking of but frankly, I would not put it outside of human behavior to assume that some of the "Negative Nancys" in here want to see Honda/Acura fail just to prove their point. Welcome to the male ego.

Personally, I'm happy the TLX has decent reviews so far. BUT...that being said, it still is not the car that will return me to the brand. Does that make me a hater? I don't think so...
Old 08-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Banned

Kris and Ken: Brock7...er. Berginyon8 is all yours.
I can't help but noticing a lot of you have been on these forums for over A DECADE.

WOW!

I didn't realize I'm talking to a lot of elders in here. I apologize for my rude language and I will 100% tone it down now. I love my grandparents and I would never ever consider being rude to them. I'm sorry.
The following users liked this post:
Yumcha (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Berginyon8
A mod told me to 'cut down on the personal insults' I stopped the insults and told the mod to ban me if he wants. You immediately started throwing out personal insults right after I was warned not to do it.

Why because you are a 'moderator' too? Please refrain from personal insults. I'm not asking. I'm demanding.

Now as to your little rage fest and the rage fest of the 'buddies group' here on Acurazine.

Other posters have already pointed this out. Initially maybe 90% of this thread hated on the TLX. Reviews were overwhelmingly positive and the hatred died down. But out of all the posters who hated on the TLX page after page, how many came back and said they were wrong? How many came back and said 'well I guess the TLX is a pretty good car after all'? Maybe 5%?

This clearly shows their inability to change their opinions.

What's most ironic to me about all this is if the TLX becomes a massive sales success, these same haters will reemerge and claim 'we love Acura, we bashed the brand because we KNOW Acura can do better. See our bashing made the TLX a success. I might just might possibly get one in 3 years.'
Maybe you should stop posting so angry?

You're new enough to not know the nuances of everyone but in my case, I usually counter everything with some sarcasm and snarkiness. That's how I roll...but, as I said...it won't be me that bans you.

Let's talk about this "hate" you're so upset about. What is wrong with some of the "naysayers" asking for more HP? What is wrong with some of the "naysayers" quipping that maybe the design could be say, more aggressive? If we use your angle for a moment, if they said the car "sucked" (let's just say that, even though I don't see it), why do they need to apologize or say they are wrong? Their silence, per you, should be more than enough to show that this car in some ways, has shut-up the naysayers.

Isn't that good enough? I don't get your anger.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Banned

But, in all seriousness, if you think you're being badgered and someone is behaving like a troll, a PM to one of the mods will usually do the trick.

I have no idea who you are speaking of but frankly, I would not put it outside of human behavior to assume that some of the "Negative Nancys" in here want to see Honda/Acura fail just to prove their point. Welcome to the male ego.

Personally, I'm happy the TLX has decent reviews so far. BUT...that being said, it still is not the car that will return me to the brand. Does that make me a hater? I don't think so...
Did you read the reviews? It's 90% good. I would call it more than 'decent' reviews.

Acura would never beat Lexus in America. Or Mercedes/BMW. But Acura have a very good chance to at least take back the #4 spot in Sales. I like reading your posts. It have a 'mature' feel to it.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
I skimmed through some of the posts. I don't give one single fuck(allowed to curse on here right) What any of you say.
Then why are you here reading this if you don't care about what anyone writes here?

Seems like you're just wasting your time. But wait, even if you just read for amusement and you don't agree, you obviously "give a fuck"...

The bottom line is this:
If you drive an Audi..............you have an inherent bias for an Audi.
If you drive a Lexus............you have an inherent bias for a Lexus.
I don't drive a Lexus, never owned one. And yet, I love the new IS, I think it's MUCH more desirable than the TLX. How do you explain that using your bias theory?

I find it extremely amusing and I am sharing this site with my college friends right now(they are laughing at most of you who disagrees with this) that some of you on here will have the audacity and gall to claim there is no 'bias' regarding Brands.
I take it your college friends are not English majors because they should be laughing at your spelling and grammar.

Explain to me how there is so little bashing of the Acura brand in the 'sub forums'?

Explain that.
Go on. I'm waiting.

Explain to me how the actual buyers of the Acura TL'S and TSX'S don't bash the cars?
Because they own it.

Who's opinions regarding Acuras matter more? The guys who spend money on Acuras or the guys who spend money on Audis and Lexuses?
A company should care about the opinions of two kinds of customers:
- Those who bought the car because they liked it.
- Those who could have bought the car but didn't like it for some reason.
They have to pay attention to both kinds of customers in order to grow sales, they have to retain their existing customers, and then they have to appeal to new customers. For most of us here, Acura made a car that appealed to us at some point, but then they made some changes to their newer cars that made them not appeal to us anymore. For the most part the complaining here is precisely about the various ways in which Acura changed their cars that made us not want to buy them anymore.

The people most likely to buy a car of a certain brand are existing owners of the brand. Making your product unappealing to existing owners is the worst thing a brand can do. So Acura should (and certainly does) care about the opinion of owners who switched brands. Obviously you think don't care, but that's because your college degree probably isn't in marketing.

Now we're not saying that just because some of us wouldn't buy a TL with a beak or even a TLX, that these cars are no good. Obviously Acura is able to sell them to a large number of buyers, and these people can't all be stupid. But just like the Lexus RX is Lexus' number 1 selling vehicle, a brand can choose to make cars that are "good" not because they appeal to enthusiasts like us, but "good" because they are reliable appliances. For some of us, Acura has chosen to go the "bland but rational" route instead of the "rational and emotional" route they used to take. We're complaining because Acura seems to struggle with adding excitement to their brand's cars lately. Not because we're biased against the brand.

Last edited by Belzebutt; 08-19-2014 at 02:15 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Belzebutt:
Costco (08-19-2014), justnspace (08-19-2014), Ken1997TL (08-19-2014), ttribe (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Acura would never beat Lexus in America. Or Mercedes/BMW. But Acura have a very good chance to at least take back the #4 spot in Sales.
And bingo...this is where you are treading on EXACTLY what a number of the "naysayers" that are pissing you off are talking about.

Read what you just wrote there.

This implies that Acura can still do better. The reviews are good. But, what is stopping Acura from changing the perception from the general public? Look at Hyundai/Kia. If you want to see a paradigm shift on perception? The Koreans sure the heck did it amazingly.

As someone growing up worshiping all cars Honda, I WANT Honda/Acura to blow my socks off. I want my breath to be taken away like when BMW revealed their 4-Series. I want my jaw to hit the ground like when GM revealed their new Corvette.

I don't want to hear that the TLX is "pretty good". I want to read reviews say, "the TLX has just destroyed BMW's 4-Series in ALL tests...THIS IS THE CAR." I want to read that the NSX did not blow up testing on the 'Ring.

Get it? Again, in YOUR case, stop being so angry about people (i.e. me) "hating" on Honda. I'm not hating. I just want to be drawn back. Believe me.

In some of the others' case...well, if they are being trolling morons, send a PM to a mod as I had mentioned and we'll do something. Truthfully, we don't see all and sometimes, I don't even have time to read ALL the back-and-forth debates going on about Acura/Honda.

We cool? If yes, I'm sure Ken and fsttysm1 won't ban you.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
don't waste your time answering him...

he just like trolling around...
Old 08-19-2014, 02:32 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Explain to me how there is so little bashing of the Acura brand in the 'sub forums'?

Explain that.
Go on. I'm waiting.

Explain to me how the actual buyers of the Acura TL'S and TSX'S don't bash the cars?
Because they own it.
On the flip side, explain to me how we non-Acura owning "bashers" can give praise to other brands like Hyundai for the Equus, Genesis, Sonata, etc. when we "bashers" don't even own a Hyundai? Could it be that we think these brands are doing something right and Acura is not?

Why are you (and others) so bothered by opinions? Opinions, I should note, that have been pretty much on target.

Examples:
- ILX is over-priced, under powered, bland/ and will be a poor seller.

- RLX will be DOA (i.e. a very very poor seller like its RL predecessor)

- 4G TL beak being and Acura should get rid of it or fix it which they sorta kinda eventually did with the MMC, but not before Acura dealers were more or less forced to paint them as a stop gap so potential buyers wouldn't be offended by it
Name:  DSC07896.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  163.1 KB

- we've been saying for years how Acura's engines and power trains are old and outdated and how they need to offer new updated engines and power trains to better compete with competitors. Acura finally decides to do this in the TLX by offering a DCT and 9 speed auto.

- how Acura has lost its direction *and* how it was a terrible idea to go from memorable names like Integra and Legend to alphabetic names like TSX, TL, and RL.... a screw up which Mike Accavitti has even admitted to, but isn't going to do anything about.

New Acura boss maps turnaround

12 p.m. EDT April 18, 2014

The Honda luxury unit feels like it has lost its direction, unsure of what it is supposed to be. But in introducing a new TLX sedan, Accavitti thinks he has the car that can point Acura in the right direction.

He wants to make one thing clear, though. He'd love to improve sales, but he says he's not unhappy with where he's starting. "There's nothing wrong with the brand," he insists.

If there's any confusion around Acura, it's concerning individual models. With names like ILX, MDX and RDX, it's hard to sort them out. Though they replace models that just about everyone seemed to know and like, like Legend and Integra, Accavitti says he's in no mood to change names.

He says Acura will just have to work harder and perhaps spend more money to get people to know the vehicles it already has.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...round/7859341/
- Acura needs to separate and differentiate itself from Honda because Acura's are nothing more than tarted up Honda's.... which they finally decided to do this year

Acura gains clout, searches for cachet

For nearly three decades, Acura and Honda were under the same tent at American Honda, with marketers, product planners and regional sales staffs splitting their time between the two brands. There have been some Acura-only employees in recent years, but for the most part, Honda Motor basically treated Acura products as upscale trim levels of Honda-badged products.

And it showed.

Acura has been wandering in the desert for years, plagued by bland product, inconsistent marketing and a muddled alphanumeric vehicle-naming strategy.

American Honda Motor Co. executives hope that their decision this month to create a cohesive sales and marketing silo for Acura, along with an r&d team dedicated to the brand, will be reflected in smarter product and better marketing -- and a better share of mind with Honda Motor Co. executives in Japan.

Art Wright, a Honda and Acura dealer in Lehigh Valley, Pa., welcomes the changes, saying, "We were going nowhere under the old structure."

Wright describes the current Acura identity as "schizophrenic."

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...hes-for-cachet
Do you need more examples?

For the record (again), I think the TLX is a decently good car and could be a turning point for the company. Only time will tell.

Last edited by AZuser; 08-19-2014 at 02:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ttribe (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm not trying to tattle on anyone, I don't really care if someone wants to troll, sorta sad, but hey, troll away if it floats your boat. just wanted to point out that there's two sides to this coin.

personally, I like the tlx and think it's a great improvement over the 4g. I'm looking forward to seeing a modded 5g!

speaking of mecha, everyone hates the 'stick on' body pieces but they remind me of some 80's mecha designs. maybe that's just me.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

As someone growing up worshiping all cars Honda, I WANT Honda/Acura to blow my socks off. I want my breath to be taken away like when BMW revealed their 4-Series.
as a guy who grew up worshiping all cars bmw, I was underwhelmed by the 4-series. see how that works?
Old 08-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts

i dont know who you are talking about, maybe me.

Like i said to Brock... If a car is good then i will say it is good. If it is not good, then it is not.

TLX 4 banger is a good buy (i drove it yesterday at my friend's dealership)
mainly because Acura priced it right. if you take away the price advantage, then it is meh.

now TLX V6 FWD and AWD - my opinion has not changed.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Senior Moderator

as a guy who grew up worshiping all cars bmw, I was underwhelmed by the 4-series. see how that works?
Interesting. So, proves that taste is subjective. No one here is clearly right and wrong. It's just an opinion. Mind you, there are some opinions that are just out to orbit. But, again, someone's right. It gets sensitive when some takes that opinion the wrong way and makes the debate personal.

And that's a thin line in any debate. Hence why these threads will always be a mini-R&P-for-cars.

Does the TLX get you from point A to B? Yes. Does it have amenities that give the passengers and drivers a reasonable amount of comfort to get from A to B? Yes.

Everything else...? Subjective.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Banned

I will like to apologize to everyone I offended. I started off on the wrong foot with this forum and I will like a new start. I'm angry because my Audi broke again for the 3rd time and it is a really expensive car. I guess I am redirecting my rage at anything on or off the forums. I was embarrassed because of my beautiful Audi breaking in a crowded tourist area. I'm a very good looking guy. I wear beautiful clothes. My hair was slicked back and it was perfect. I was bumping Doctor Dre to the highest volume and everything was just so perfect. Girls were getting moist just looking at me. Than my Audi broke and it wouldn't start. Busy intersection. Everyone started laughing because I looked so arrogant and cocky prior to it breaking. This nerd drove by in his new Lexus IS 350 F Sport and had the audacity to shake his head at me. Anyways I would like a new start.(And a new car).
Old 08-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,657 Likes on 2,491 Posts

Move to rambling
Old 08-19-2014, 03:36 PM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
Quit the passive-aggressive nonsense. If you're calling someone out, be direct about it.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
And bingo...this is where you are treading on EXACTLY what a number of the "naysayers" that are pissing you off are talking about.

Read what you just wrote there.

This implies that Acura can still do better. The reviews are good. But, what is stopping Acura from changing the perception from the general public? Look at Hyundai/Kia. If you want to see a paradigm shift on perception? The Koreans sure the heck did it amazingly.

As someone growing up worshiping all cars Honda, I WANT Honda/Acura to blow my socks off. I want my breath to be taken away like when BMW revealed their 4-Series. I want my jaw to hit the ground like when GM revealed their new Corvette.

I don't want to hear that the TLX is "pretty good". I want to read reviews say, "the TLX has just destroyed BMW's 4-Series in ALL tests...THIS IS THE CAR." I want to read that the NSX did not blow up testing on the 'Ring.

Get it? Again, in YOUR case, stop being so angry about people (i.e. me) "hating" on Honda. I'm not hating. I just want to be drawn back. Believe me.

In some of the others' case...well, if they are being trolling morons, send a PM to a mod as I had mentioned and we'll do something. Truthfully, we don't see all and sometimes, I don't even have time to read ALL the back-and-forth debates going on about Acura/Honda.

We cool? If yes, I'm sure Ken and fsttysm1 won't ban you.
Yes, but 4 series starts at 48k. Im positive that a hypothetical tlx with a base price of 48k would absolutely blows the 4 series out of water as a total pkg. But then would anybody buy it? More likely they'll complain about how overpriced this car is
Old 08-19-2014, 03:37 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
I will like to apologize to everyone I offended. I started off on the wrong foot with this forum and I will like a new start. I'm angry because my Audi broke again for the 3rd time and it is a really expensive car. I guess I am redirecting my rage at anything on or off the forums. I was embarrassed because of my beautiful Audi breaking in a crowded tourist area. I'm a very good looking guy. I wear beautiful clothes. My hair was slicked back and it was perfect. I was bumping Doctor Dre to the highest volume and everything was just so perfect. Girls were getting moist just looking at me. Than my Audi broke and it wouldn't start. Busy intersection. Everyone started laughing because I looked so arrogant and cocky prior to it breaking. This nerd drove by in his new Lexus IS 350 F Sport and had the audacity to shake his head at me. Anyways I would like a new start.(And a new car).
you really are a cocksucker
The following 4 users liked this post by Hapa DC5:
Costco (08-19-2014), crazyasiantl (08-19-2014), jwong77 (08-19-2014), Sarlacc (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
i dont know who you are talking about, maybe me.

Like i said to Brock... If a car is good then i will say it is good. If it is not good, then it is not.

TLX 4 banger is a good buy (i drove it yesterday at my friend's dealership)
mainly because Acura priced it right. if you take away the price advantage, then it is meh.

now TLX V6 FWD and AWD - my opinion has not changed.
not referring to you specifically. pricing can make or break just about any car out there.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Interesting. So, proves that taste is subjective. No one here is clearly right and wrong. It's just an opinion. Mind you, there are some opinions that are just out to orbit. But, again, someone's right. It gets sensitive when some takes that opinion the wrong way and makes the debate personal.

And that's a thin line in any debate. Hence why these threads will always be a mini-R&P-for-cars.

Does the TLX get you from point A to B? Yes. Does it have amenities that give the passengers and drivers a reasonable amount of comfort to get from A to B? Yes.

Everything else...? Subjective.
yeah I agree, very subjective. you grew up on honda, so I think you're especially critical there while the same is true for me with bimmer.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ttribe
Quit the passive-aggressive nonsense. If you're calling someone out, be direct about it.
if I wanted to call someone out by name I would have, but I don't see any reason to. the point has been made, like it or not.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:42 PM

And that, right there, folks is all the evidence we'll need that this individual will likely never make a substantive contribution to this forum.

Where's Majofo?

if I wanted to call someone out by name I would have, but I don't see any reason to. the point has been made, like it or not.
Actually, you've done the opposite of "make a point." You've called out a nebulous "crowd" of people and not given those individuals any chance to rebut your criticism. So, all you've really done is set up a straw man, knock it down, and proclaimed victory. Well done, that.

Last edited by ttribe; 08-19-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Senior Moderator

yeah I agree, very subjective. you grew up on honda, so I think you're especially critical there while the same is true for me with bimmer.
Well, at least BMW continues to try to PUSH the envelope. (I won't profess to being a BMW fanboi but just using them as an example.)

Honda did at one point. Remember the S2000? NSX? Legend? Prelude? Integra Type R? What car in Honda/Acura's fleet has anything remotely resembling those great cars of yester-years?
Old 08-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Somebody's gonna getta hurt real bad. Somebody.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by AZuser
Opinions, I should note, that have been pretty much on target.
can't help but notice that the tlx isn't included in your 'on target' opinion list.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
you really are a cocksucker
Old 08-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Banned

And that, right there, folks is all the evidence we'll need that this individual will likely never make a substantive contribution to this forum.

Where's Majofo?

Actually, you've done the opposite of "make a point." You've called out a nebulous "crowd" of people and not given those individuals any chance to rebut your criticism. So, all you've really done is set up a straw man, knock it down, and proclaimed victory. Well done, that.
Hey give me a second chance gramps.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Suzuka Master

where did I claim any sort of 'victory?' there's no victory to be had here, as it's just a discussion. I'm sure you can figure who I'm referring to if you really tried you're best. there's really no arguing with what I've said bc it's true and easily verifiable.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Well, at least BMW continues to try to PUSH the envelope. (I won't profess to being a BMW fanboi but just using them as an example.)

Honda did at one point. Remember the S2000? NSX? Legend? Prelude? Integra Type R? What car in Honda/Acura's fleet has anything remotely resembling those great cars of yester-years?
for the moment no one... :why me: but let's wait a couple of months for the next NSX...
Old 08-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Suzuka Master

it depends on how you define pushing the envelope. from where I'm standing, bmw has been softening their brand for several generations. each generation gets bigger, heavier, and more disconnected from the road. that said, I like the new (lighter) m3/4 and have no problem with the lack of NA motor like some purists do.

it is a shame that acura doesn't offer any pure sports cars at this point. didn't acura lose money on the nsx? hard to expect them to do that at this time.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Banned

Where's Majofo?

You are 42 years old. This forum (non sub forum) is mostly filled with guys in their 30's and 40's. I'm not trying to be rude here but the moderators need to give younger guys like me a chance to flourish. A lot of the 'forum' lingo you guys consider 'rude' and 'aggressive' is now common place. Go check out any sports forums.(mostly younger posters) The posts I have made is not considered rude at all. A bit aggressive perhaps for Acurazine's tastes? I'll tone it down. But seriously you are 40+, that means you are a whole generation older than the average forum user on the net. You have got to at least accept the way we talk.

Rude but acceptable is: 'I'm sorry. That's retarded'
'No Moron' and 'Ok Dumbass'

Crossing the line is: (Racism) (Direct full frontal insults-F'Bombs and F Bombs non stop) (Insulting Family) (Insulting Religion,sexuality)

At least that's the commonly accepted rules of the forums in today's internet. But I noticed that car forums are a lot more strict and I'll stick to the rules. You can't just call me a 'troll' though simply because I joined this forum with the idea that it's just like Real Gm or Body Building. It's not. I'm aware of that now. I will abade by it.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Senior Moderator

it depends on how you define pushing the envelope. from where I'm standing, bmw has been softening their brand for several generations. each generation gets bigger, heavier, and more disconnected from the road. that said, I like the new (lighter) m3/4 and have no problem with the lack of NA motor like some purists do.

it is a shame that acura doesn't offer any pure sports cars at this point. didn't acura lose money on the nsx? hard to expect them to do that at this time.
Well, call me complacent...at least do SOMETHING. Acura has plain and simple said they are comfortable at staying where they are in the market and what segment they want to compete in...THAT for me is disappointing. It's what some of us are accusing them of: complacency.

Of course, nothing wrong with that I suppose. But, it makes you lament what they WERE.

And with halo cars, don't companies lose money on them at times?
Old 08-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 2007TL-TypeS
Yes, but 4 series starts at 48k. Im positive that a hypothetical tlx with a base price of 48k would absolutely blows the 4 series out of water as a total pkg. But then would anybody buy it? More likely they'll complain about how overpriced this car is
you mean the TLX 4 banger base? or TLX V6 FWD base?

regardless

you just proved to yourself how important a brand prestige is in auto industry and the different buyer mentalities between Acura and Germans.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Team Owner

i have a feeling that our Brock is not in college... yet...
Old 08-19-2014, 04:16 PM

where did I claim any sort of 'victory?' there's no victory to be had here, as it's just a discussion. I'm sure you can figure who I'm referring to if you really tried you're best. there's really no arguing with what I've said bc it's true and easily verifiable.
You really do take passive-aggressive to an art form. Of course you declared "victory" when you stated "point made" and now when you say "true and easily verifiable." I suppose in your world, if a poster you are thinking about as running away from this discussion isn't participating, it must be a direct relationship, right? No coincidences?

Hey give me a second chance gramps.

You are 42 years old. This forum (non sub forum) is mostly filled with guys in their 30's and 40's. I'm not trying to be rude here but the moderators need to give younger guys like me a chance to flourish. A lot of the 'forum' lingo you guys consider 'rude' and 'aggressive' is now common place. Go check out any sports forums.(mostly younger posters) The posts I have made is not considered rude at all. A bit aggressive perhaps for Acurazine's tastes? I'll tone it down. But seriously you are 40+, that means you are a whole generation older than the average forum user on the net. You have got to at least accept the way we talk.

Rude but acceptable is: 'I'm sorry. That's retarded'
'No Moron' and 'Ok Dumbass'

Crossing the line is: (Racism) (Direct full frontal insults-F'Bombs and F Bombs non stop) (Insulting Family) (Insulting Religion,sexuality)

At least that's the commonly accepted rules of the forums in today's internet. But I noticed that car forums are a lot more strict and I'll stick to the rules. You can't just call me a 'troll' though simply because I joined this forum with the idea that it's just like Real Gm or Body Building. It's not. I'm aware of that now. I will abade by it.
1) Your alleged expertise in discussion forum etiquette is about as informative as your alleged expertise in the psychology of automobile consumers or luxury brands. Your behavior on this board so far has been juvenile, abrasive, and filled with fallacious arguments in which your opinions are held out as universal fact.

2) Your demonstrated inability to engage in a discussion without resorting to cheap insults and tantrums isn't indicative of age so much as it is your intellectual maturity. We have plenty of "young" board participants who know how to conduct themselves. I've learned plenty from those folks. You, on the other hand, stormed in here with your know-it-all attitude and "hey, that's just how things roll other places" b.s. expecting us to accommodate you. That's.Not.Happening.

3) Show us you really aren't trolling for reactions and we'll likely (slowly) accept that. Until then, you've done more than start off on the wrong foot. You've kicked in the door, pissed in the drinks, and then cried when you got your teeth knocked out for your behavior. Your call, learn to act like a grownup, or keep acting like self-absorbed child. The consequences will flow from your decisions.
The following 7 users liked this post by ttribe:
Costco (08-19-2014), crazyasiantl (08-19-2014), fsttyms1 (08-20-2014), jwong77 (08-19-2014), Ken1997TL (08-19-2014), mrstak (08-20-2014), Yumcha (08-19-2014) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Senior Moderator

The one take-away here is ttribe = Gramps.

I think this will be useless later.

Quick Reply: Acura: TLX News