Acura: RLX News

Old 02-22-2013, 03:26 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
No question it will help, but can it even provide a 50-50 split?

By most accounts its a moot point and it drives great, just curious.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,019 Likes on 2,497 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
No question it will help, but can it even provide a 50-50 split?

By most accounts its a moot point and it drives great, just curious.
I doubt the power/torque is high enough for 50/50 but what it will do is provide independent speed/torque to each motor to have the rear power provide enough yaw torque.
This will most likely work best at low speeds and tight turns where FWD understeer is felt most. Electric motors have the ability to provide almost the same torque at all speeds so that is my guess where the new eSH-AWD will shine. Like the current SH-AWD but without the overly-complicated differential with the over-speed gears.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 02-22-2013 at 03:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
AZP-TL (02-23-2013), dom (02-22-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
And not only that but the motors can actually provide a brake/drag on the inside wheels as they regenerate.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Someone brought this up before but I can't recall the answer. Presuming that those 2 motors powering the rear wheels are not as powerful as the gas engine up front nor can that gas engine provide power to those 2 rear wheels because the lack of the drive shaft, how much power percentage wise will the rear wheels ever get? This will I think still mostly feel like a FWD drive car?

Not an issue on the NSX since its all reversed.
The RLX is still riding on a FWD chassis, but the NSX is a dedicated RWD chassis.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Senior Moderator

I had a chance to drive an RLX with a tech package today. I also used (in the showroom) an advance package RLX's features.

Here are my thoughts:

Exterior: It looks nice but certainly doesn't stand out. I think it will age well though. Is it flagship material? No. It doesn't have that road presence. The 2nd generation RL didn't either.

Interior: I love it. It was comfortable, familiar and there are numerous improvements that made sense. The MID, HVAC and stereo controls are simplified and make sense. Instead of using three buttons for the MID for example, a simple wheel with the ability to 'click' is done. Similar story for the stereo.

The leather felt good, not too soft or too firm. It was of course perforated, not my preference but that's the path Acura has gone down in the past few years. My TSX wagon's seats have held up nicely but the holes love to pick up stuff over time.

Visibility was excellent, plenty of room everywhere. The backup camera will show your path as you turn the wheel. I've seen this on other vehicles and it's a welcome addition. Also it seemed the camera was of higher image quality than other Acuras.

The ELS sound system was excellent. In the Advance model, the Krell system was phenomenally amazing. I brought in a CD I made with various types of music (Classical, Jazz, 70's rock, techno and even some Puff Daddy), all were 320 kbps rips of the originals.

As for the interior noise level.. it was a tomb. I took the car out for a stretch on I-5 and in my neighborhood there are areas where it is really worn and loud. Others are freshly repaved. The RLX soaked it all up. I drove it with the stereo off and it was very Lexus-like. Tire noise was very hushed. Zero wind noise. It was quite a wake-up to get back into my S2000 afterwards...

How did it drive?

I took it on the backroads, highway and also for some figure eights in a parking lot. It was obviously a front-wheel drive car. But it NEVER felt nose heavy. There was little body lean, almost no understeer. The steering was a bit light but it seemed about right for the intended buyer. Honda took what it learned from the four wheel steering systems in the Prelude (and Accord in Japan) and put it in this car. It does a darn good job.

The throttle was a bit biased towards smooth cruising, sport mode fixed that. Full throttle for freeway merging is a very quiet affair. Oh and the VCM (variable cylinder managment) is of course completely unobtrusive.

Overall, I like it. It felt luxurious, familiar, comfortable. It would make an excellent road trip car for me and the wife. I look forward to trying out the hybrid later this year.

One complaint: Honda is idiotic with their color combinations. Should I want one of these, i'd get the Advance package. I'd love it in Bellanova white with ebony interior. Oh wait, you can't. You can get it in the tech package but not Krell.

Sorry Honda, I don't want Seacoast leather. I had tan in my white '02 RL, been there, done that. And let me guess, Canada will get the combo I want (again!)

8/10

It'll sell well I'm sure. Nice car, it'll impress the folks in the usual demographic and might even be less intimidating since the usual extra features have been simplified.
The following 5 users liked this post by Ken1997TL:
civicdrivr (02-23-2013), F23A4 (02-24-2013), PG2G (02-23-2013), Rocketsfan (02-23-2013), TSX69 (02-22-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 06:29 PM

Received 9,493 Likes on 6,165 Posts
VERY cool! Nice write up

inb4 ssftsx says you're wrong
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I had a chance to drive an RLX with a tech package today. I also used (in the showroom) an advance package RLX's features.

Here are my thoughts:

Exterior: It looks nice but certainly doesn't stand out. I think it will age well though. Is it flagship material? No. It doesn't have that road presence. The 2nd generation RL didn't either.

Interior: I love it. It was comfortable, familiar and there are numerous improvements that made sense. The MID, HVAC and stereo controls are simplified and make sense. Instead of using three buttons for the MID for example, a simple wheel with the ability to 'click' is done. Similar story for the stereo.

The leather felt good, not too soft or too firm. It was of course perforated, not my preference but that's the path Acura has gone down in the past few years. My TSX wagon's seats have held up nicely but the holes love to pick up stuff over time.

Visibility was excellent, plenty of room everywhere. The backup camera will show your path as you turn the wheel. I've seen this on other vehicles and it's a welcome addition. Also it seemed the camera was of higher image quality than other Acuras.

The ELS sound system was excellent. In the Advance model, the Krell system was phenomenally amazing. I brought in a CD I made with various types of music (Classical, Jazz, 70's rock, techno and even some Puff Daddy), all were 320 kbps rips of the originals.

As for the interior noise level.. it was a tomb. I took the car out for a stretch on I-5 and in my neighborhood there are areas where it is really worn and loud. Others are freshly repaved. The RLX soaked it all up. I drove it with the stereo off and it was very Lexus-like. Tire noise was very hushed. Zero wind noise. It was quite a wake-up to get back into my S2000 afterwards...

How did it drive?

I took it on the backroads, highway and also for some figure eights in a parking lot. It was obviously a front-wheel drive car. But it NEVER felt nose heavy. There was little body lean, almost no understeer. The steering was a bit light but it seemed about right for the intended buyer. Honda took what it learned from the four wheel steering systems in the Prelude (and Accord in Japan) and put it in this car. It does a darn good job.

The throttle was a bit biased towards smooth cruising, sport mode fixed that. Full throttle for freeway merging is a very quiet affair. Oh and the VCM (variable cylinder managment) is of course completely unobtrusive.

Overall, I like it. It felt luxurious, familiar, comfortable. It would make an excellent road trip car for me and the wife. I look forward to trying out the hybrid later this year.

One complaint: Honda is idiotic with their color combinations. Should I want one of these, i'd get the Advance package. I'd love it in Bellanova white with ebony interior. Oh wait, you can't. You can get it in the tech package but not Krell.

Sorry Honda, I don't want Seacoast leather. I had tan in my white '02 RL, been there, done that. And let me guess, Canada will get the combo I want (again!)

8/10

It'll sell well I'm sure. Nice car, it'll impress the folks in the usual demographic and might even be less intimidating since the usual extra features have been simplified.
i would have to agree with most of this review. i would have liked to have heard the krell system but cannot comment on that.

i had the opportunity this evening to attend a preview event hosted by my dealer for their VIP customers. overall i was impressed with the interior features and the upgrades on all the NOW modern tech goodies which can now compete competently with the other luxury brands. the interior is well layed out and typical of it's intuitive use. there are multiple ways to access the controls for many of the commonly used features (ie stereo).

i'm not sure how many of you have seen the car at night with the lights on...but...i like it. the jeweled eyed headlamps, the LED license plate lights (finally), and the rear tails have an audi like take on them.

the test drive i took was not substantial enough for me to make a judgement since it was cruising around dodging pedestrian traffic with very little open road. hoping to be able to take one out the next time i stop in for service.

the interior definitely IMO has a luxurious feel. the exterior still lacks that WOW factor for me, but overall a very nice car.

my dealer already has 4 of the initial crop of RLXs sold to their new owners before they have even arrived on their lot. so maybe all of those 1G RL owners or early 2G RL owners are looking for something fresh and new. it seems the RLX will have it's market share...how much? time will tell.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
You're right, there won't be ANY driveshaft whatsoever.
forgot about that.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl

my dealer already has 4 of the initial crop of RLXs sold to their new owners before they have even arrived on their lot. so maybe all of those 1G RL owners or early 2G RL owners are looking for something fresh and new. it seems the RLX will have it's market share...how much? time will tell.
If history repeats itself, it'll sell 1k+ first few months, maybe 4 max. Then it'll drop like a rock to around 600/month, then down to 400/month, then to the barely over 100/month.

I don't think the RLX will really bomb like the 2G RL, but I'm not convinced it'll be some homerun that Acura apparently thinks (hopes) it is.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Source? Don't worry, I'll wait...
It is very obvious that you can see on the streets. once you clean it up. it will shine better than any other USDM Honda. The paint has long term durability.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:45 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
^guy talks about how "quality" Honda paint is, then posts two grainy pics of a used EDM RL, followed by what looks like a plastidipped Euro Accord, then a press photo of another Accord... which looks brand new.

My god, what a legendary troll. Time to take him off my ignore list... I don't know what's more satisfying, the possibility that this guy is dead serious or that people treat him so.
The following 6 users liked this post by Costco:
civicdrivr (02-23-2013), dom (02-23-2013), Hapa DC5 (02-24-2013), Ken1997TL (02-23-2013), pttl (02-23-2013), Sly Raskal (02-23-2013) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job Acura. You're almost competitive with the 2006 Lexus LS.
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by phile
If history repeats itself, it'll sell 1k+ first few months, maybe 4 max. Then it'll drop like a rock to around 600/month, then down to 400/month, then to the barely over 100/month.

I don't think the RLX will really bomb like the 2G RL, but I'm not convinced it'll be some homerun that Acura apparently thinks (hopes) it is.
do they have an estimate yet of how many they anticipate will sell?

certainly the RLX will not be the model that is the money maker...the MDX and the redesigned (tastefully we hope) TLX.

it's interesting to observe buying behaviors of non-enthusiasts (folks that probably don't frequent these forums). we focus on the performance, cost, tech gadgets, and looks. it seems the masses all have their deal breakers. some can live with the look of a car, but they are brand loyal. some want space within a certain car size (they are fine with the looks of the car, but space is the deal breaker). some look at the complete pkg and value of the dollar relative to other vehicles. some look exclusively at a fancy badge to pad their ego regardless of looks, cost or value. some will look at MPGs only and not care about the other features of the car. the avg consumer isn't going to know what to do with more than half of the gadgets that are in cars these days and nor will they care. 90% of people treat their cars like an appliance anyway (present company excluded).
Old 02-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by foobarn
Old 02-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Sad, but I'm inclined to believe that this will happen!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:36 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
Someone traded in their Legend for a SKODA??
Old 02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
▒JDM ¥ KING▒

Received 141 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Costco
^guy talks about how "quality" Honda paint is, then posts two grainy pics of a used EDM RL, followed by what looks like a plastidipped Euro Accord, then a press photo of another Accord... which looks brand new.

My god, what a legendary troll. Time to take him off my ignore list... I don't know what's more satisfying, the possibility that this guy is dead serious or that people treat him so.
The point that buch in here are not getting it, is that all Made in Japan H cars have better paint quality then H cars made everywhere else.
He posted only Hondas made in JDM factories.

Even the inside plastics are better. I remember last year I set in brand new TL, TSX and RL. The TL was inferior to other 2. Starting with 2G all TL are made outside Japan.

Last edited by MuGen7Modulo; 02-23-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
The RLX will be a flop. $60K for a front wheel drive? Come on, the competition from the Germans are stiff. Even Lexus is getting buried in the mid size luxury segment. The TL and TLX will be a much more compelling car. I'd rather opt for a AWD TLX with tech than a FWD RLX. IMHO.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by JAB00
The RLX will be a flop. $60K for a front wheel drive? Come on, the competition from the Germans are stiff. Even Lexus is getting buried in the mid size luxury segment. The TL and TLX will be a much more compelling car. I'd rather opt for a AWD TLX with tech than a FWD RLX. IMHO.
Have you driven it?

It has a real luxury feel, both in terms of how it drives and the interior quality. The average person buying these cars doesn't know the difference between FWD/RWD etc. The 4 wheel steering system really does work well up to 8/10th's of the car's handling potential. At 9/10ths it becomes noticeable that it's FWD. But it doesn't matter.

Think about it. It'll be people aged 50+ who want something comfortable, with the toys and the room to take friends and grandkids around. The previous RL didn't do well IMO because of its size.

Now if this were a $80,000+ vehicle, you'd have a point because those are flagship cars, mostly driven by male executives who demand prestige, road presence, performance and luxury.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ken1997TL:
AZP-TL (02-24-2013), TLtrigirl (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
After looking at pics and reading about this, its looking more and more like the Q50 will be parked in my garage in 10months.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by gonzo08452
After looking at pics and reading about this, its looking more and more like the Q50 will be parked in my garage in 10months.
Ahh, must be that superior Infinity (sic) paint!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:42 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Is the RLX even going to eclipse $50k starting? I know Cadillac's XTS (big sedan) is FWD too, and once you near $50k you get AWD.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Ken, I thought the RL always did receive a different paint process than the ones on the lower Acura models?

Im sure it has nothing to do with it being made in Japan though...

Really interested in seeing how the RLX drives. On paper it doesnt seem much bigger than the current RL so not sure if that is a big selling point to most. $60k for an Acura is a lot of money even if it was RWD.

Then again it seems all of the cars in the lineup are increasing. TL is priced near what the 2nd gen RL first started at. Sheesh.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Safety Car

I posted oldest to newest JDM model pix. If u clean the RL in first pix. it will shine much better than newest USDM Accord. The car aged exceptionally well. lack of diesel engine led of collapse of Legend sales in EU and Asia.
but car still has the road presence not much worse than latest GS350. the older Lexus GS/LS was even blander.
you will not want to park 2006 TL next to it. There is time of pix on it. so as not confuse it with older pix. these pix are really for 5 to 7 years older cars.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by foobarn
Lexus are the blandest vehciles every produced in this price range. Practically no road presence. They are getting blander with each model change.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:49 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Have you driven it?

It has a real luxury feel, both in terms of how it drives and the interior quality. The average person buying these cars doesn't know the difference between FWD/RWD etc. The 4 wheel steering system really does work well up to 8/10th's of the car's handling potential. At 9/10ths it becomes noticeable that it's FWD. But it doesn't matter.
But very unfortunate is that even an average person will balk at a $50K+ 2WD sedan that doesn't carry an established true-luxury name plate, in exactly the same way as with the 2G RL. The Acura name plate has not gone upscale by much, if any, these recent years, especially that Honda has explicitly said that the Acura brand would no longer aiming for the top-tier true-luxury, just "smart luxury".

Think about it. It'll be people aged 50+ who want something comfortable, with the toys and the room to take friends and grandkids around. The previous RL didn't do well IMO because of its size.
The above description sounds more fitting for the $30K Toyota Avalon more than the $50K RLX. Nowadays, people aged 50+ have much less disposable pensions/savings/welfare than before, thanks to the US economy.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Senior Moderator

The RLX is much nicer than the Avalon and arguably has a lot more features that are accessible to the demographic.

I've driven both

You do make a good point about the economy, though a lot of retired folks are doing VERY well. It's generation X and especially Y that are hurting.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
especially Y that are hurting.
Don't remind me.

Wife and I are actually doing pretty well considering all things. This whole generation is under employed, still living at home, not even able to afford an Infinity lease
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Race Director

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
This whole generation is under employed, still living at home, not even able to afford an Infinity lease
Wow, it must be a really expensive audio system to have to lease it.
The following users liked this post:
Hapa DC5 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
Ken, I thought the RL always did receive a different paint process than the ones on the lower Acura models?

Im sure it has nothing to do with it being made in Japan though...

Really interested in seeing how the RLX drives. On paper it doesnt seem much bigger than the current RL so not sure if that is a big selling point to most. $60k for an Acura is a lot of money even if it was RWD.

Then again it seems all of the cars in the lineup are increasing. TL is priced near what the 2nd gen RL first started at. Sheesh.
I do remember when the 2nd gen RL came out there was mention of its sand blasted paint process and the fact that the RL gets some additional coats of paint over other models (I forget the exact figure that was mentioned).

And you're right, it's not necessarily having to do with it being painted in Japan. My CR-V was one of the first batches and was assembled in Japan and its paint seems the same as the other CR-V's of my gen that I see baking in the hot sun.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Lexus are the blandest vehciles every produced in this price range. Practically no road presence. They are getting blander with each model change.

Are you kidding me? You honestly think the GS has less road presence than the RL I think you've been sniffing too much of that "high-end" Japanese paint.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
The RLX is much nicer than the Avalon and arguably has a lot more features that are accessible to the demographic.

I've driven both

You do make a good point about the economy, though a lot of retired folks are doing VERY well. It's generation X and especially Y that are hurting.
Generations caught in the tragic wake of the Baby Boomer generation.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Is the RLX even going to eclipse $50k starting? I know Cadillac's XTS (big sedan) is FWD too, and once you near $50k you get AWD.
The base RLX starts at $49k. Even in base form, it's very well equipped. There's definitely room to slot in a "sub-base" model below it IMO for around $45k.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I do remember when the 2nd gen RL came out there was mention of its sand blasted paint process and the fact that the RL gets some additional coats of paint over other models (I forget the exact figure that was mentioned).

And you're right, it's not necessarily having to do with it being painted in Japan. My CR-V was one of the first batches and was assembled in Japan and its paint seems the same as the other CR-V's of my gen that I see baking in the hot sun.
Process of has nothing to do with the actual quality of the material being applied. It does help insure it sticks the best and most evenly. A quality paint job is only as good as the prep. Also MORE paint doesnt mean better quality, it can actually have the opposite effect. A paints finish depends mostly on 2 things, how well the body is prepped and primed and the clear. If the primer doesnt stick the paint wont. If the clear is too thick or too thin then it simply wont hold up and will peal/chip/fade. Some companies will hand finish the cars (wetsand and buff) when finished being painted to get the smoothest and best appearance (no orange peel etc..) . Some will attempt to paint all the panels the same (horizontal/vertical) to ensure the finish on all the panels lay the same and smoothest. But what our resident aerodynamic mirror expert is claiming about the paint being better/superior simply isnt true. The process may be more involved which helps the overall appearance and yes, its strength/longevity but it isnt better material. When your RL gets in an accident, Acuras body shop or what ever body shop you bring it to doesnt get material imported from Honda/Acura in Japan, they get it from the local auto paint supplier which could be any number of paints (PPG, Dupont,Lessonal, and all other brands that they sell as well) If painted by a quality shop The repair paint material and finish will be EVERY bit as good as what was laid down by the factory Remember, even auto manufacturers have issues occasionally with a bad batch of material or process (I have actually encountered contaminated metal on 2 separate occasions now on vehicles where that the factory paint, and repairs had cracked peeled and getting new paint to stick was nearly impossible).

Last edited by fsttyms1; 02-25-2013 at 09:52 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by fsttyms1:
Crazy Bimmer (02-25-2013), Ken1997TL (02-25-2013), phile (02-25-2013), ttribe (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
But very unfortunate is that even an average person will balk at a $50K+ 2WD sedan that doesn't carry an established true-luxury name plate, in exactly the same way as with the 2G RL. The Acura name plate has not gone upscale by much, if any, these recent years, especially that Honda has explicitly said that the Acura brand would no longer aiming for the top-tier true-luxury, just "smart luxury".
I think this car might have a much better chance in the market place with the Legend name Its a name everyone remembers
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Are you kidding me? You honestly think the GS has less road presence than the RL I think you've been sniffing too much of that "high-end" Japanese paint.
And on the same token its Really Unfortunate that Acura's design team seems to be run by the same team that used to design all the vanilla looking Toyota's of the past/ The need to be designing the bodies of the cars with the same vigor and excitement of the technology of the stuff they are putting into them.

Oh and if you want to sniff some good paint, i have a bunch of Dupont and Lessonal in the basement for you to take some hits off of

Last edited by fsttyms1; 02-25-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Process of has nothing to do with the actual quality of the material being applied. It does help insure it sticks the best and most evenly. A quality paint job is only as good as the prep. Also MORE paint doesnt mean better quality, it can actually have the opposite effect. A paints finish depends mostly on 2 things, how well the body is prepped and primed and the clear. If the primer doesnt stick the paint wont. If the clear is too thick or too thin the, it simply wont hold up and will peal/chip/fade. Some companies will hand finish the cars (wetsand and buff) when finished being painted to get teh smoothest and best appearance (no orange peel etc..) . Some will attempt to paint all the panels the same (horizontal/vertical) to ensure the finish on all the panels lay the same and smoothest. But what our resident aerodynamic mirror expert is claiming about the paint being better/superior simply isnt true. The process may be more involved which helps the overall appearance and yes, its strength/longevity but it isnt better material. When your RL gets in an accident, Acuras body shop or what ever body shop you bring it to doesnt get material imported from Honda/Acura in Japan, they get it from the local auto paint supplier which could be any number of paints (PPG, Dupont,Lessonal, and all other brands that they sell as well) If painted by a quality shop The repair paint material and finish will be EVERY bit as good as what was laid down by the factory Remember, even auto manufacturers have issues occasionally with a bad batch of material or process (I have actually encountered contaminated metal on 2 separate occasions now on vehicles where that the factory paint, and repairs had cracked peeled and getting new paint to stick was nearly impossible).
Old 02-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Did i say that out loud?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Lexus are the most stale designs for the price. The only reason they sell in EU is hybrid. Lexus looks much cheaper car than Legend. Legend has the unique look of British/German combo.
When Lexus gets older. There pix are not worth posting. but for your beneift i posted it. There cheaper looks and construction are pretty much confirmed by safety tests for older lexus.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Safety Car

CRV does not come under higher priced JDM models. So there little incentive to put expensive paint work on it especially if they are going to export it to US. Even Euro Accord you have to pay $800 extra for optional Pearl paint. Only Honda Legend used to come with standard paint. but that car was priced alot higher.

Last edited by SSFTSX; 02-25-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Acura: RLX News