Acura: RDX News

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 04:05 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
In other brands, they can it a night package that costs between $750 to $1000..
In Acura, it is a PMC fuking Edition! a new trim level is created.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts
I happened to be touring the PMC today and we saw several of these thermal orange RDXs. I never would have guessed it, but they look good... REALLY good. I have to think this is going to be the most successful PMC edition mainline car yet, which, admittedly, is not setting a very high bar. But if I was in the market for an RDX, this is now the only one I would consider. I love the loaded feature set, and did I mention it looks surprisingly good in thermal orange pearl?
Old 09-22-2020, 07:10 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,230 Likes on 4,857 Posts
Wtf is the point of these things? It's a fancy color on top of an ASpec model. Who's buying them?
Old 09-22-2020, 10:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
some BMW have expensive paint options. they are checking the market of combining Advance package with Aspec.

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...ge-pearl-paint

The RDX PMC Edition is the most well equipped RDX variant, combining the top-shelf features from the RDX Advance Package with the aggressive and sporty styling cues of the RDX A-Spec. Exclusive to the RDX PMC Edition are gloss black 20-inch alloy wheels; a body color grille surround; black chrome exhaust finishers; and gloss-black treatment for the roof, side mirrors and door handles. As with previous PMC Edition models, Acura’s industry leading torque vectoring Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) is standard equipment.
The paint is applied using PMC's advanced robotic paint system in multiple base coats to enhance color intensity. Next a mid-coat of gold and orange mica is applied giving off a pearlescent effect in the sunlight. Lastly, four layers of clearcoat are applied to increase the paint's luster and protect the finish. Each PMC Edition undergoes the same meticulous hand inspection process given to the NSX. The total time in paint, including curing, is five days

Old 09-23-2020, 01:33 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
If I didn't already have my 2019 rdx , I would be all over this PMC edition.

The price is low $50k which is reasonable considering the current top trim rdx advance is $48.5k. This PMC version essentially adds the aspec package to the advance trim, along with an exclusive paint job, hand assembly, and likely tighter quality control.

One of the complaints of the rdx and the new tlx is that there's no way one can get the aspec pkg along with the advance pkg. I personally wanted both but I had to pick one. I ended picking the the advance trim for the adaptive dampers and HUD. Then I did some diy to make the car appear more like the a spec. But it's still not a true a spec appearance wise since I'm still missing quite a few things.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:39 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,422 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
If I didn't already have my 2019 rdx , I would be all over this PMC edition.

The price is low $50k which is reasonable considering the current top trim rdx advance is $48.5k. This PMC version essentially adds the aspec package to the advance trim, along with an exclusive paint job, hand assembly, and likely tighter quality control.

One of the complaints of the rdx and the new tlx is that there's no way one can get the aspec pkg along with the advance pkg. I personally wanted both but I had to pick one. I ended picking the the advance trim for the adaptive dampers and HUD. Then I did some diy to make the car appear more like the a spec. But it's still not a true a spec appearance wise since I'm still missing quite a few things.
There’s manufacture pricing, and then there’s real world pricing. If this is anything like the TLX and MDX PMC, dealerships are not going to take anything less than sticker. Once you factor in the fact that you can quite easily get a regular RDX for 20% or more off sticker, the price difference becomes pretty significant.
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (09-23-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 11:46 AM
Safety Car

PMC edition is likely hold value better at resale. so most if not all of money will be recouped. Just the special looks of the color worth price.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:36 PM
Team Owner

no it wont.

Most of the people will not buy a family SUV in orange color...
Old 09-23-2020, 01:23 PM
Safety Car

This Aspec version with 20inch rims. limited production. only specific people look for it.
the other versions are plenty.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:35 PM
Safety Car

I see that our resident moron has found his way to this thread. I could try to guess what he said, but I’m afraid even my dumbest guess may not be dumb enough of a take.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:28 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
There’s manufacture pricing, and then there’s real world pricing. If this is anything like the TLX and MDX PMC, dealerships are not going to take anything less than sticker. Once you factor in the fact that you can quite easily get a regular RDX for 20% or more off sticker, the price difference becomes pretty significant.
Yup of course. But if the car doesn't sell at the MSRP, then they will have no choice but to give out discount. It's down to supply and demand though. If they are able to sell these 360 units without giving out discount, then good for them.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:47 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by iforyou
Yup of course. But if the car doesn't sell at the MSRP, then they will have no choice but to give out discount. It's down to supply and demand though. If they are able to sell these 360 units without giving out discount, then good for them.
Oh, they'll most definitely find enough suckers to pay full sticker on these cars, or die trying. Never underestimate the hard-headedness of dealerships when they think they have something truly special on their hands.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:57 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Arrow HotCars

https://www.hotcars.com/2022-acura-r...t-know-so-far/

2022 Acura RDX: What We Know So Far

If you're looking for strength and quality in a conveniently sized compartment, you're at the right place.
By Hamed Paydarfar Published 22 hours ago The Acura RDX will definitely be one of the first premium crossovers to capture your interest if you prefer your luxury fusions with a splash of adrenaline. With an expressive design that involves sharp creases and massive air intakes, the RDX is a comparatively tiny SUV that isn't scared to reveal itself.

It mostly lives up to its good looks, with sleek handling and lithe results. The RDX sees its niche as a luxurious all-around crossover at an acceptable price, with Acura emphasizing more on having a smooth ride than approaching the speed of certain competitors, such as the Porsche Macan.

Since the latest version of Acura's compact crossover has only been on the market for less than 3 years, upgrades are still in the works. The Acura RDX will get a mid-cycle upgrade in 2022, and we expect a lot of new features.

The emphasis will, of course, be on aesthetics, and the testing model has already been seen on the lane. Since it wears a lot of camouflage, the standards for next year's versions are sky-high. Information on interior and engine and transmission modifications is still scarce at this time.

Considering the upcoming releases, we anticipate seeing it a little earlier than expected, most likely in the third quarter of the year.

RELATED: Acura's Type-S Story Is About Making Everything A Little Bit Better

The New Look

Via Pinterest As previously said, the forthcoming update will primarily focus on design. The testing prototype has already been seen on the track, and both ends of the automobile are disguised. The front part is nearly completely concealed. As a result, we foresee updates that will bring this model in line with the newly released new-generation MDX. This shouldn't be too difficult, given that the new design already seems to be very modern. The headlights are likely to remain unchanged, but we expect a slimmer bumper and a more conspicuous grille.

The rear bumper is sealed, so we might get the changes here. The updated exhaust system, which uses rectangular pipes instead of the original circular ones, is one of the only noticeable improvements. Typical mid-cycle refresh changes, such as new color options, tires, and so on, are also expected.

RELATED: 2021 Acura RDX: Costs, Facts, And Figures

Interior Design

Via: Acura Media Interior shots were not possible due to spy photographers' inability to get close enough. As a result, it's difficult to discuss interior improvements at this time. However, we are certain that the interior of the 2022 Acura RDX will be somewhat unchanged.

Obviously, the existing cabin still looks pretty fine. It's elegant and well-constructed. Furthermore, the majority of the fabrics are of excellent quality, making it difficult to identify any major flaws in this interior.

The total cabin measurements will, of course, stay the same, so you can expect the very same amount of passenger space. This translates to 2 rows of seats that can comfortably fit five adults. In addition, the freight area has some very decent numbers. With all the back seats up, you'll get about 29.5 cubic feet and a max number of 58.9 cubic feet. It is better than the average car in this class.

RELATED: 2022 Acura MDX: Costs, Facts, and Figures

Accessories And Specs

Via Acura We don't foresee any major changes in this area because the new model already has a long list of basic features. The catalog of important features currently contains tech gadgets, including a 10.2-inch touchscreen, Siri Eyes Free, Bluetooth, a Wi-Fi hot spot, Android Auto, HD Radio, satellite radio, two USB ports, Apple CarPlay, speech recognition, a 9-speaker stereo system, dual-zone climate control, etc.

As a result, we can keep an eye out for future upgrades to the existing set of options, which includes premium audio systems, head-up displays, navigation, and so on.

When it comes to protective features, things aren't any different. Adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, road departure prevention, lane departure warning, lane hold assists, and automatic high-beam assist are all standard on the new model. Blindspot alarm, front and reverse parking sensors, a surround-view parking camera system, rain-sensing windshield wipers, and other features are available too.

RELATED: 10 Things People Didn't Know About The Acura TLX Type S

The Engine & Performance

Via Wikimedia According to some reports, the Acura RDX could get a hybrid variant in 2022. It would reportedly use the same mechanism as the current-generation Accord, which is based on a widely known 2.0-liter gasoline engine that produces 212 horsepower totals. Standard models, on the other hand, will continue to use a 2.0-liter turbo-4. It has a power output of 272 horsepower and a torque of 280 pound-feet. This fantastic engine is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission, and the entire package is very polished.

The riding is silky smooth, and the driving mechanics are outstanding. In the town, the fuel economy is around 22 mpg, and on the highway, it's around 28 mpg. Again for this class, this is around average.

The 2022 Acura RDX will arrive a little earlier than anticipated but still in the 2nd half of the year, thanks to the mid-cycle refresh. The current model starts at about 39.000 dollars, and we don't expect a significant rise in price.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:58 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,941 Likes on 3,919 Posts
Still no touch screen?
Old 05-04-2021, 01:27 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Still no touch screen?
A touchscreen would involve redesigning the whole dash to place the screen closer, because as it is it's too far for most people to reach (IIRC that's one of the reasons Acura used to justify not having it be a touchscreen). A dash redesign is probably out of scope for a MMC refresh.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:54 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by fiatlux
A touchscreen would involve redesigning the whole dash to place the screen closer, because as it is it's too far for most people to reach (IIRC that's one of the reasons Acura used to justify not having it be a touchscreen). A dash redesign is probably out of scope for a MMC refresh.
Then I'm out. Tried the interface in the new MDX and it sucks.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:39 PM
Safety Car

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...ue-pearl-paint
  • Extensive refinement updates, including an enhanced Active Sound Control (ASC) system, reduce road noise and increase cabin quietness on all RDX models
  • Updated Integrated Dynamics System delivers more distinct driving feel between its four driving modes
  • Retuned available Adaptive Damper System delivers more response in Sport mode, more comfortable ride in Comfort mode
  • Flat bottom sport steering wheel now included on RDX A-Spec®

Old 09-21-2021, 02:50 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,014 Likes on 3,862 Posts
Random ackura marketing pics are back!
Old 09-22-2021, 01:11 PM
Safety Car

This RDX advance package rims. 19inch. 8.2 inch ground clearance. RDX much more suitable for off version. The new RDX blind spot monitor goes 100 feet behind vehicle. Rear braking. its much more advance vehicle for ease of automated driving.
It is mono scroll turbo.
https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...tions-features
Old 09-22-2021, 01:34 PM
Ex-OEM King

I think @Comfy needs to weigh in on this seeing as though he's the most experienced with all things RDX.

Also, 19" wheels are most definitely not better for off road performance. Smaller is better.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:48 PM

Received 5,369 Likes on 3,682 Posts
Also, if your blind spot is 100' behind you, you're doing it wrong.

I'd be shocked to see an RDX anywhere near a real off-road trail more than a manicured gravel road.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:51 PM
Safety Car

19inch is not suitable. but they can easily go 18inch like in Passport if they create off road version of it. The basic thing is that in terms of ground clearance and angles. it is among the best in its class. it is very spacious inside.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:49 PM
Ex-OEM King

Best in class in terms of what? Approach and departure angles? Breakover angle? RTI? Ground clearance is simply one of the, admittedly less useful, criteria for determining off road abilities.

18" wheels are too big, 17" or smaller with bigger side wall is key especially if you have to deflate for more grip.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:37 PM
Team Owner

Hey i am considering to buy a car with superior off roading capability.

Jeep,
Bronco,
Raptor,
4Runner
Tacoma
Tremor,
Landrover
Tundra
Landcruiser

Passport
RDX
Old 10-18-2022, 07:44 AM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
Redesigned in 2018 for the 2019 model year, the RDX is best described as the fancier sibling of the CR-V. Originally priced at $37,300 excluding destination charge, the Acura RDX costs $41,350 for model year 2023.
48 photos

That represents a $750 difference compared to the previous year, which isn’t a huge deal for the guys and gals in the market for a premium-oriented crossover. The reasons Acura hiked up the starting price come in the guise of complimentary AcuraLink and a complimentary Maintenance Package.

AcuraLink’s most basic connectivity package includes the likes of a digital owner’s manual, roadside assistance, recall notifications, and vehicle health report. The Security Package, which is free for three years, adds enhanced roadside assistance, automatic collision notification, emergency call, and personal data wipe. The Remote Package sweetens the deal with remote start & stop, remote lock & unlock, security alarm alert, geofence alert, find my vehicle, speed alert, destination by voice, as well as Amazon Alexa.

The Acura Maintenance Package is a two-year affair, or 24,000 miles (just under 40,0000 kilometers), whichever of the two comes first. The complimentary maintenance plan covers factory-scheduled maintenance as indicated by the Maintenance Minder system. This maintenance plan includes oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and multi-point inspections.

A grand total of eight configurations are offered for the 2023 model year, starting with the $41,350 base trim level mentioned earlier. The SH-AWD is $43,550 plus $1,195 destination charge, followed by the front-wheel-drive $44,000 Technology Package and front-wheel-drive $47,000 A-Spec. At the other end of the spectrum, customers have to shell out at least $53,350 for the AWD-equipped RDX A-Spec with Advance Package.

Facelifted for 2022, the RDX soldiers on with a familiar 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder engine that produces 272 horsepower and 280 pound-foot (380 Nm) between 1,600 and 4,500 revolutions per minute. A 10-speed automatic transmission, 19- or 20-inch wheels, available adaptive damping, a 10.2-inch center display, and AcuraWatch also need to be mentioned.
2023 Acura RDX Adds Complimentary AcuraLink and Maintenance Package, Starts at $41,350 (autoevolution.com)

Biker, who thinks @Comfy and many other customers would be very happy with a new one and the 20K savings over a Model Y Tesla.
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (10-18-2022)
Old 11-07-2023, 07:42 AM
Race Director

Received 625 Likes on 504 Posts
Acura has quietly introduced the 2024 RDX in the United States, which is no longer available with front-wheel drive. On top of that, the starting price of the entire lineup has gone up by $100.

While the
2023 Acura RDX was available with front-wheel drive in the Base, Technology, and A-Spec trim levels, priced from $41,750, $44,400, and $47,400, respectively, excluding destination, these are no longer available on the 2024 lineup.

The most affordable model now starts at $44,050, with the MSRP going up to $46,700 and $49,700 for the Technology and A-Spec, respectively. The Advance and A-Spec Advance still top the range, and they are offered from $51,850 and $53,850, respectively. All models are now $100 more expensive than before.

According to the car manufacturer, the 2024 RDX features standard Jewel Eye LED headlights, LED DRLs, LED taillights, heated side mirrors with power folding, puddle lights, an acoustic glass windshield, and keyless entry and push-button start. All versions get power-adjustable front seats with heating, dual-zone climate control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, ambient lighting, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, and a few other things.

Customers wanting more can upgrade to the upper specs, which, depending on the selected grade, can come with leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, heated rear outboard seats, GPS-linked climate control, remote engine start, a heated steering wheel with a flat-bottom design, a more advanced ambient lighting system, dark brushed aluminum or open-pore wood trim, ebony headliner, premium sound system, head-up display, etc.

A selection of driving assistance features is offered at no extra cost. Here, the brand's US website reveals that the collision mitigation braking system, lane keeping assist, road departure mitigation, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, and traffic sign recognition are on deck. Moreover, the 2024 RDX is also offered with blind spot information, rear-cross traffic monitoring, low-speed autonomous emergency braking, pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control, and a multi-view reversing camera.

Powering the 2024 Acura RDX is the same turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. The mill steams out an identical 272 hp (276 ps/203 kW) at 6,500 rpm and 280 lb-ft (380 Nm) of torque between 1,600 and 4,500 rpm. A ten-speed automatic transmission delivers everything to the now standard all-wheel-drive system.

The fuel consumption is rated at 21/27/23 mpg (11.2/8.7/10.2 l/100 km) in city/highway/combined on the Base, Technology, and Advance, whereas the A-Spec and A-Spec Advance return 21/26/23 mpg (11.2/9.1/10.2 l/100 km).

Acura couldn't be bothered with dropping a press release to cover the novelties of the 2024 RDX stateside, but the aforementioned information is visible on the company's official US website, which you can access here. It appears the compact crossover is already on sale at dealers nationwide, and deliveries will likely kick off shortly.
2024 Acura RDX Drops FWD Option, Starts at $44,050 - autoevolution