AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/)
-   -   Acura: NSX News (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/acura-nsx-news-304708/)

GreenMonster 05-23-2007 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by phile
Just an FYI in case anyone didn't click page 2...but for that caranddriver link, on page 2, there's a front shot of this test mule. I think this is probably the only place where I've seen it from that angle.

The link to leftlane news (that I posted a dozen posts ago) has a similiar shot:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...08&idg=1&idi=5

I think you guys are making too big of a deal about the hood... They could put a 1 foot tall hood scope on a testmule and it could still be midengined ;)

It's a test mule, so remember, they do stupid stuff to throw people off...

CLpower 05-23-2007 03:09 PM

FWD for the win ;)

06tsxbruin 05-23-2007 06:51 PM

http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?m...item_id=681963

The above link if true is pretty much a slam dunk that this car IS the next NSX that's been talked about.

Mokos23 05-23-2007 10:51 PM

interesting

mltk53 05-24-2007 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by 06tsxbruin
http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?m...item_id=681963

The above link if true is pretty much a slam dunk that this car IS the next NSX that's been talked about.

hmmmm.

biker 05-24-2007 06:55 AM

Why would they be testing the 2.2 diesel? I assume that's the existing 2.2 iCTDi in the EuroAccord and CRV that will eventually be used in the US.

CleanCL 05-24-2007 08:40 AM

5L v-10 in the rear:
-huge front wheel gap, def not even a v6 in the front
-heavy amount of rear under body camo

CleanCL 05-24-2007 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by CleanCL
5L v-10 in the rear:
-huge front wheel gap, def not even a v6 in the front
-heavy amount of rear under body camo

and oh yea, overly done B-pillar as previously mentioned.

speedzer 05-25-2007 08:33 AM

Here's the youtube clip. Don't know if its been posted so don't get angry at me.

I don't have sound at work so how does it sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmSXHJV441E

SpicyMikey 05-25-2007 10:34 AM

more on this nsx/s2000 (with the same video from youtube)
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=120921

CleanCL 05-25-2007 11:59 AM

they did a good job of keeping the motor quiet. 5.5L is huge. i figured a 5L at the most. but we shall see.

corey415 05-25-2007 01:51 PM

That's it, I'm selling the house. Time to save up for next gen NSX!

mrsteve 05-25-2007 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by speedzer
Here's the youtube clip. Don't know if its been posted so don't get angry at me.

I don't have sound at work so how does it sound?

Video sounds good. Also says it's a front mounted V-10

biker 05-25-2007 02:57 PM

Interesting that they used a 911 as a "pace" car.

Fibonacci 05-27-2007 03:22 PM

Expected to have a top speed of over 200 mph and the ability to sprint to 60 mph in about 3.5 seconds, the NSX successor will undergo rigorous testing in Japan and at the Nürburgring, and we'll see a restyled concept at the Tokyo Motor Show in October.

On paper, the coupe sounds ballistic. But when it hits showrooms, the expected $150,000-plus price tag could work against its success. In building this car, Honda is digging deep into its five decades of know-how from Formula 1 and IndyCar racing, but the bottom line might come down to one concept: "street cred." The performance and handling of the NSX will no doubt give the supercars from Aston Martin, Ferrari and Lamborghini a run for their money, but will the Acura-badged coupe have the brand strength to go up against these European exotics?

:scratch:

If Audi can build the sweet new, mid-engined R-8 for approx $110 - why does Honda feel he need to build a super GT for $150gizzle?

It doesn't really make sense to me.

0-60 is great, but it's not everything. I'd much rather have a screaming 4.0ish V8 in a light, mid-engine all-aluminum chassis more in the spirit of the original NSX without all the added weight of SH-AWD and electronic nannies...

I was hoping the next supercar from Honda would be in the $100 range. Unless the car looks absolutely spectacular, better than the Aston (difficult to imagine), I'll be looking to fill my new third car garage bay w/ another marque. The GT3 is looking better and better.

phile 05-28-2007 07:04 PM

^ But the 7 million-year old NSX was being pushed around for 88K at its peak price, so I guess Honda feels it can almost double the price if it gives almost twice the amount of cylinders this time around? :dunno:

fsttyms1 05-28-2007 08:46 PM

It sounded pretty good about 53 seconds in

Brandon24pdx 05-29-2007 10:05 AM

1. I doubt that car is Mid-engined.

2. I also somehow doubt that it will even be called "NSX" (Even though it seems like it will be the "sucessor" to the NSX, this car seems different enough right off the bat to warrant a completely new moniker)

Doesnt seem much like Honda's style to re-use sports-car layouts that ran for so long already, as in the case of the NSX (and S2000 for that matter). I see this car steping out from whats been done already. Honda hasn't ever done a big-power GT car with a true FR layout, and thats what direction I see this car taking. :2cents:

Brandon24pdx 05-29-2007 10:13 AM

...also I agree with Car and Driver: dont expect anything on the showroom floor before 2010.

Trackruner228 06-02-2007 01:11 PM

Fibonacci 06-04-2007 02:41 PM

:ponder:

I've got a simple solution for teh brilliant marketing minds at Honda.

IF you insist on building a 5.5liter V-10 (which will be sweet, no doubt), drop it into the '05 NSX with a glass engine bay ala F430, update the '05 interior, give it side curtain airbags and call it a day.

Voila ~ $100k. :clap:

GreenMonster 06-04-2007 03:04 PM

yeah, it's interesting that they chose to use a modified S2k rather then a modifed NSX for the test mule...

swift22 06-04-2007 06:44 PM

its just the body panels....i doubt they want to use aluminum NSX parts.....

phile 06-04-2007 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fibonacci
:ponder:

I've got a simple solution for teh brilliant marketing minds at Honda.

IF you insist on building a 5.5liter V-10 (which will be sweet, no doubt), drop it into the '05 NSX with a glass engine bay ala F430, update the '05 interior, give it side curtain airbags and call it a day.

Voila ~ $100k. :clap:

:thumbsup:

derrick 07-22-2007 09:22 AM

Guess the next gen NSX has been delayed (again):

http://www.leftlanenews.com/official...x-delayed.html

Official: New Acura NSX delayed

When Honda revealed its Advanced Sports Car Concept, the automaker said the vehicle was a direct preview of its next-generation NSX and the production car would make its debut at the Tokyo Motor Show later this year. Not any more, says CEO Takeo Fukui.

Apparently, the automaker has scrapped plans to launch the car in October. Fukui told Autocar the NSX won't emerge at this year's show. Fukui also said his company delayed the launch of Acura brand in Japan.

A Honda spokesperson told the U.K. magazine the NSX delay was not related to problems with the car, but rather the postponement of the Acura brand's rollout in its home country.

It's not clear how long Honda will wait to show the new NSX, but the Acura marque isn't scheduled to launch in Japan until 2010.

Rumor has it Honda designers were forced to go back to the drawing board after the Advanced Sports Car Concept received mixed reviews at best. It's not known if the changed also contributed to the delay. So far, only rudimentary test mules have been photographed by spies.

SpicyMikey 07-22-2007 10:32 AM

Watching Acura "Advance" their product line is like watching grass grow :whyme:

Yumcha 07-22-2007 11:38 AM

Official: New Acura NSX delayed

:ugh:

From Leftlanenews...

When Honda revealed its Advanced Sports Car Concept, the automaker said the vehicle was a direct preview of its next-generation NSX and the production car would make its debut at the Tokyo Motor Show later this year. Not any more, says CEO Takeo Fukui.

Apparently, the automaker has scrapped plans to launch the car in October. Fukui told Autocar the NSX won't emerge at this year's show. Fukui also said his company delayed the launch of Acura brand in Japan.

A Honda spokesperson told the U.K. magazine the NSX delay was not related to problems with the car, but rather the postponement of the Acura brand's rollout in its home country.

It's not clear how long Honda will wait to show the new NSX, but the Acura marque isn't scheduled to launch in Japan until 2010.

Rumor has it Honda designers were forced to go back to the drawing board after the Advanced Sports Car Concept received mixed reviews at best. It's not known if the changed also contributed to the delay. So far, only rudimentary test mules have been photographed by spies.

Yumcha 07-22-2007 11:38 AM

Can we say vaporcar, anyone...?

Trackruner228 07-22-2007 01:08 PM

Seems like a good idea for me. :shrug: I mean if people didnt like the design its a good idea to redo it.

TommySalami 07-22-2007 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Trackruner228
Seems like a good idea for me. :shrug: I mean if people didnt like the design its a good idea to redo it.

People didn't like the nsx? It didn't do as well here as in Japan, but come on

phile 07-22-2007 02:22 PM

^ I think he was talking about the concept car.

alex2364 07-22-2007 03:22 PM

They should've just stuck with the HSC concept.

http://wallpapers.diq.ru/wallpapers/...pt%2C_2003.jpg

Trackruner228 07-22-2007 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by TommySalami
People didn't like the nsx? It didn't do as well here as in Japan, but come on

Yeah I did mean the concept car. The last NSX people loved. However a lot of people didnt like the concept car so I think thats probably why they are delaying it.

phile 07-22-2007 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by alex2364
They should've just stuck with the HSC concept.

:nod:

Fibonacci 07-22-2007 05:13 PM

I simply don't remember, but did Honda ever publicly state a legitimate reason for shelving the HSC? :annoyed:

What I'm most confused about is that they are/were allegedly going to develop a 5.5 liter V-10 for the next NSX. But Honda's been just as adamant about NOT supposedly needing a V-8. :shrug:

That simply doesn't compute. Why develop a one-off engine, when it makes much more business sense to develop a V-8 which you can use on multiple platforms, much like Nissan does w/ teh VQ. :nod:

I love the fact that Honda is committed to fuel efficiency, but c'mon - if they want to take it to the next level, they simply must have a V-8 and at least one high volume RWD platform.

Brandon24pdx 07-22-2007 05:41 PM

It's no wonder companies like Nissan/Infiniti, Hyundai and BMW seem so interesting these days. They actually DO stuff.

Fibonacci 07-22-2007 05:46 PM

^^ I guess Honda takes their motto very seriously....

Honda, the power of dreams

Moog-Type-S 07-22-2007 11:17 PM

:woot: :woot: The Advanced Sports Car Concept is DEAD :woot:

Congrats to Honda for making at least one good decision.
No go back to the drawing board and create a mid-engine V10 beast!!!

dom 07-23-2007 07:00 AM

We can only hope they've come to their senses and scrapped the front engine SH-AWD idea and go with mid RWD instead.

As for the test mule seen at the ring? RWD coupe anyone?

poohlikeshunny 07-23-2007 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by CleanCL
honda/acura sells cars, argue that point? do you guys look at it from a business standpoint or just what you are hoping to see?

the RL is put into the same price range as BMW/Mercedes, but acura doesn't have the same name, even lexus has brought themselves up to be considered higher than acura.

the TL was rated best in class. the RL has been raved about, but it doesn't have the badge that people want, that's the excuse for poor selling, but that doesn't mean they made a poor car.

i think you guys are just bitter.

i dunno about everyone else, but I like that there is a luxury marque out there that allows you to have an above average car without the above average reputation. Kinda like how Lexus used to be the understated luxury before they began to really blow up. Someone said a long time ago that acura makes cars for the type of luxury shoppers who buy their cars and keep them until they die as opposed to BMW/AUDI/Jag, etc. where most buyers typically lease or keep their cars for a few years before trading around...I remember some celebs who didn't want to garner attention in public but didn't want to drive crap drove acuras. Billy Corgan from the smashing pumpkins had an RL, and if I remember correctly, Adam Jones from Tool had a TL as well and loved that it didn't call attention. :thumbsup: