Acura: NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,940 Likes on 14,056 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Earliest in June... that is the earliest but even the sales at local dealership are saying "i hope they dont delay it again"
And bingo...that's what I'm "hating" about. It smells like another f*cking delay.

WTF is their deal with this car and producing ANYTHING sports-car-like? It's almost like a rectal exam for Acura/Honda these days. Seriously.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:32 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
since YOU seem like toinstigate (1 week ago and today) when i am trying not to talk to you, if you haven't noticed.

For the sake of this thread, 911R is a limited run, that is the whole purpose. If you want everyone to be able to buy 1, get regular GT2, 3 or whatever.
Was responding to your incessant 4G nonsense. Anywhoo, the day I snapped was a shitty one and took it out on you, so I apologize and will move on.

But last point I will make about the R is that it was only offered to 918 owners, which sucks for anyone who seriously wanted to buy the hottest 911 with a manual. I'm hoping that rumors are for real when the Porsche whisperers are saying the next GT3 will have a manual option.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:34 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by Yumcha
And bingo...that's what I'm "hating" about. It smells like another f*cking delay.
Why are your panties in a bunch? The NSX is in production now, just very very low production.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Senior Moderator

even for European Delivery, the car will eventually end up at the local dealerships before the owner can take it out again.
*in high-pitched voice* BUT, since the NSX is vapor...such rules do not apply. It just "SHOWS" up at your door. Just blow.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Why are your panties in a bunch? The NSX is in production now, just very very low production.
Snarking about a car I want to be hyped about is not the same as having my e-panties in a bunch...?

Unless you interpret getting underwear all bunched up very differently than me and the rest of the people?
The following users liked this post:
ttribe (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
prove it.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Team Owner

Porsche built 918s faster than Acura builds these NSXs
Old 05-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TacoBello
prove it.
Just exhale.

You built an NSX.
RPhilMan1 (05-09-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 04:38 PM
I feel the need...

And again, let me repeat: When is this car arriving to the dealerships?!??? Soon?!?? Please?!? Because, frankly...given the shenanigans of this damn car since any idea of the 2nd gen. NSX came out, it's been yes-make no-make yes-make no-make back and forth until...well, today.
It won't be "arriving at dealerships" anytime soon. It won't even be available for a test drive until they've exhausted early demand. They want early potential owners to order it sight unseen. I'm not that big of a fanboy to buy a car without driving it first. Except maybe the 911R.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Senior Moderator

It won't be "arriving at dealerships" anytime soon. It won't even be available for a test drive until they've exhausted early demand. They want early potential owners to order it sight unseen. I'm not that big of a fanboy to buy a car without driving it first. Except maybe the 911R.
Stupid. Very. Stupid.

I can march myself into a Mercedes-Benz dealership and sit myself comfortably in an AMG GT...no issues. Heck, if I really needed to, I can do the same with a 911 Turbo. Sure, it's no 911R...but, close enough for me.

Whatever, I guess I get the "exclusivity" for the car...but, gimme a break. Acura/Honda had positioned themselves so far from an "elite" perception that to do it for a car that few remember (unless a car nut) is odd to me.

Anyhow, again...whatever. Just hope it arrives SOON...no delays. I want to see Honda/Acura take the sales or positive reviews of the car and trickle high-performance SPORTY cars into their line-up.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:44 PM
I feel the need...

*in high-pitched voice* BUT, since the NSX is vapor...such rules do not apply. It just "SHOWS" up at your door. Just blow.
To clarify, I meant that you will not see a demo model available for a test drive at your local Acura dealership anytime soon. At least, that's what I've been told.

Of course, cars have to be prepped before delivery, duh.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Senior Moderator

To clarify, I meant that you will not see a demo model available for a test drive at your local Acura dealership anytime soon. At least, that's what I've been told.

K then...to be crystal clear (to you): My "hate" will stop WHEN dealerships start taking delivery of this car so that PAID customers can get it. Cool?

I am just honestly almost certain we're going to get another "postponement" announcement.

So, you clear now? Otherwise, from what I've read and seen on the videos...this car looks great. Sounds great. Sure, it's a bit ambitious on pricing...but, whatever. If I am that rich, if it came down to it, at least I now have an Acura option in that pricepoint.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Senior Moderator

This feels like the name-brand goalie debate. Going in circles. Except...we replaced Moog-Type-S for Fibby.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:47 PM
I feel the need...

Stupid. Very. Stupid.

Whatever, I guess I get the "exclusivity" for the car...but, gimme a break. Acura/Honda had positioned themselves so far from an "elite" perception that to do it for a car that few remember (unless a car nut) is odd to me.

I don't necessarily disagree. As I said before, the rollout has been perplexing to say the least. Since this is their first real rollout of a halo car in 25 years, let's give them the benefit of ramping up the learning curve.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:49 PM
I feel the need...

This feels like the name-brand goalie debate. Going in circles. Except...we replaced Moog-Type-S for Fibby.
at your service
Old 05-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Senior Moderator

at your service
Old 05-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts

There will be a Demo model and that is why every qualified dealerships are REQUIRED to invest a huge amount of money for displays and what not if they want to sell NSX.

I can say test drive at a dealership is not happening any time soon even somehow someday you can actually touch one in the showroom.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Team Owner

i thought he was just as much of a hatter as us.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Senior Moderator

i thought he was just as much of a hatter as us.
Oh, he is...but, my analogy was regarding Moog and the topic of GOALIES and what's happening with Fibby and some of us in here.

BUT...I think we're all on the same page now. Fibs should be all good now.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Team Owner

Was responding to your incessant 4G nonsense. Anywhoo, the day I snapped was a shitty one and took it out on you, so I apologize and will move on.

But last point I will make about the R is that it was only offered to 918 owners, which sucks for anyone who seriously wanted to buy the hottest 911 with a manual. I'm hoping that rumors are for real when the Porsche whisperers are saying the next GT3 will have a manual option.
No problem.

Well sucks yah, but like Business Lounge at the airport, if you want to get some free food, and have a comfortable chair to sit in, then you gotta pay to play.
Everyone else can stare and sit in the crowded waiting area, eating double of the normal "overpriced" Panda Express.

If you want a 911R, then you better buy a 918 first.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 05-06-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Team Owner

Oh, he is...but, my analogy was regarding Moog and the topic of GOALIES and what's happening with Fibby and some of us in here.

BUT...I think we're all on the same page now. Fibs should be all good now.
what happened to Moog? he just decided to quit one day when he woke uP?
Old 05-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Senior Moderator

what happened to Moog? he just decided to quit one day when he woke uP?
Pretty much. Hopefully he comes back...but, dunno.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:25 AM
I feel the need...

Well sucks yah, but like Business Lounge at the airport, if you want to get some free food, and have a comfortable chair to sit in, then you gotta pay to play. Everyone else can stare and sit in the crowded waiting area, eating double of the normal "overpriced" Panda Express.
Airport lounges are overrated, at least the Delta ones are.

If you want a 911R, then you better buy a 918 first.
Hasn't 918 production ended? And just because I can doesn’t mean I want to. Why pay up for a garage queen in order to get the car I really want when one can pay 1/5th less for a car which looks better and can be driven every day on super awesome every day tires.

And besides, we all know that Acura horses run much harder than super slow Porsche horses!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:56 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,276 Likes on 2,641 Posts
2017 Acura NSX Review - First Drive

ttribe (05-10-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 07:05 AM
AZ Community Team

2017 Acura NSX: The Slowest Supercar in the World? - Ignition Ep. 143

ttribe (05-10-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Team Owner

Airport lounges are overrated, at least the Delta ones are.

Hasn't 918 production ended? And just because I can doesn’t mean I want to. Why pay up for a garage queen in order to get the car I really want when one can pay 1/5th less for a car which looks better and can be driven every day on super awesome every day tires.

And besides, we all know that Acura horses run much harder than super slow Porsche horses!
They are. Most of the domestic carrier ones are all shit and that is why none of them is rated in the top 10. But still better than the feet smelling general area. The Qatar one at Dubai is fuking amazing tho.

Delta is #45, the highest one from US.... fuking sad if you ask me.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 05-09-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:18 PM
I feel the need...

Delta is #45, the highest one from US.... fuking sad if you ask me.
Detroit is a Delta hub so I'm pretty much stuck with racking up Sky Pesos.

Dubai is not on my bucket list, if I want to go to a mall in the desert, I'll stick to Vegas thank you very much. More eye candy and multiple time zones closer.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Team Owner

I guess it is personal preference. I go to vegas once every other months, so while i love Vegas, it is not a "destination" anymore.

But the Qatar business lounge at Dubai airport is ..... like just a different league.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:30 AM
AZ Community Team

Thanks to “3DQ,” you can actually see out of the new Acura NSX

Thanks to ?3DQ,? you can actually see out of the new Acura NSX | Ars Technica

Modern supercars and hypercars are blazingly fast. Ironically, the sensation of speed they generate is often dampened by the fact that you often can't see a thing from the driver's seat.

Blame a combo of safety priorities and style. Over the last decade, crash and rollover regulations have dictated more robust cabin structures characterized by ever thicker, vision-blocking A-pillars. The regulations coincided with an in-vogue design language that gave us "turret-style" cabins from which to peer out.

With the new NSX, then, it's refreshing to see Honda put an emphasis on visibility in the design of its halo car rather than cobbling together a few sensors and a backup camera in the name of "safety." It's also not surprising. Cast your mind back to the 1980s/'90s heyday of Honda/Acura and you'll recall the pride Honda took in its airy cabins with low beltlines and superior visibility. The first generation NSX was lauded for its performance, dependability, and functionality, including cockpit visibility.

"The original NSX was known for having great visibility. Because of this, optimum visibility was a key structural target when developing the all new-next generation Acura NSX," said the Honda R&D team in Raymond, Ohio. "Therefore the goal became to reduce the field of visibility that is blocked by the pillar, what we call the obstructed view."

To achieve that goal, Honda designed the NSX's A-pillar and the roof side rails as one contiguous piece—strong but thin. It could do so thanks to a process called Three-Dimensional Hot Bending and Quench Processing (3DQ), developed by Japan's Sumitomo Metals Group.

Automobile components with hollow steel tubular structures have until recently been able to achieve a maximum high-tensile strength of 980 Megapascal (MPa). As a result, pieces like A-pillars have had to be enlarged to distribute the structural loads imparted in a crash or rollover. Prior to the NSX, the highest strength steel tubing that Honda had applied to one of its vehicles was hydro-formed 980MPa tube in the Japan-market Odyssey minivan.

Using 3DQ, the same components can achieve tensile strength as high as 1470MPa. The technique allows for components with complex shapes to be manufactured in one process. 3DQ is essentially a consecutive forming method; selected steel tube parts are heated and quenched with cooling water while a bending moment is simultaneously applied to the steel pipe with a movable roller-dice so that the pipe bends.

The process allows three-dimensional complex hot bending and quenching at the same time, producing effects that are difficult to achieve with conventional hydroforming and other cold-forming methods. According to Sumitomo, 3DQ yields a 30 percent to 50 percent reduction in component weight and a significant improvement in crash safety.
Such qualities make it ideal for applying to the NSX's A-pillars and roof rails. Honda R&D evaluated an array of other technology and material options including carbon fiber but ultimately concluded that 3DQ "was the most efficient balance of weight, performance and dimensional requirements."

Not surprisingly, there are other components which can benefit from Sumitomo's 3DQ process, and Honda acknowledges that the technology is being used for a seat frame by another OEM. Ironically, the NSX's Marysville, Ohio assembly line is in a former Honda seat plant, but the 3DQ pillars and rails are produced in Japan. They come to the US from the Koriyama factory of Honda tier 2 supplier H1 in Fukushima.

The new A-pillars give the NSX a minimum obstructed view, which you appreciate when rounding a corner on a city street or looking out to an apex on track. In addition, Honda says the NSX has a projected best-in-class crashworthiness.

"By comparison, we believe the NSX A-pillar width is 60 percent thinner than the average pillar width of the competitors we measured and 30 percent thinner than the closest competitor we measured," Honda said. "Our third priority was to maximize interior space [3DQ enabled a low roof line] to achieve unique packaging requirements such as a driver wearing a helmet."

The use of 3DQ also aligned with Honda's broader minimum weight goal for the NSX, and at 3800lbs (1724kg), the supercar can use every bit of help. Where else might 3DQ be of assistance? Honda says the process is scalable for higher volume vehicles, so we'll likely see the technology trickle down from the NSX. Conversely, 3DQ was selected and remains efficient for low-volume production because it does not require a large, exclusive investment.

That means we may see 3DQ-enabled A-pillars show up on other sports or luxury vehicles in the near term. Since "seeing is safety," that would be a welcome thing.

csmeance (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,750 Likes on 6,749 Posts
Detroit is a Delta hub so I'm pretty much stuck with racking up Sky Pesos.
Delta Sky Clubs in ATL, JFK, and LAX aren't bad
Old 05-19-2016, 07:57 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Delta Sky Clubs in ATL, JFK, and LAX aren't bad
Was referring more to amenities than physical space, or maybe I'm just becoming more elitist.

Oh and NSX cricket thread morphing to airport lounge thread...
Old 05-24-2016, 03:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3,596 Likes on 1,722 Posts
First 2017 Acura NSX supercar comes off the line in Ohio
Old 05-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Finally...
Old 05-24-2016, 03:45 PM
Team Owner

Obligatory: this whole story sounds rigged, Rick Hendricks was paid by Honda to be part of the story, it's all a lie, the vapor still vaporizes

I believe car number 002 will be worth a pretty penny also. It will be the first production numbered car available to the "public".

Haha. #2.

Personally, I'm waiting for numbers 007 and 069.

Because gangbang.

Last edited by TacoBello; 05-24-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
Old 05-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Finally...
Did it immediately go up in flames?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:16 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,158 Likes on 835 Posts
Good. Now people can stop with the whining.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by F-C
Good. Now people can stop with the whining.
Why? we still havent seen proof that its actually being sent out to the public
Old 05-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

When the whining stops, that is when you know people on here really don't give a shit about NSX anymore, then this thread will be dead, even after the NSX is released.

When there is whining, that means people actually care.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:08 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,155 Likes on 826 Posts
^^^^^

Agree. No whining = no post = nothing to read = empty forum !

Quick Reply: Acura: NSX News