Acura: NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 12:57 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
^ I think the more you read and hear about the NSX, the more you understand its purpose, what it's for, etc, then you'd come to appreciate it more for what it represents. It also helps when you take a step back and look at the bigger picture to see how the NSX fits in the current market. If one's vision is all about performance+brand name/dollar, then the NSX isn't really good. But looking at it from different angles and one would see what's good about it.

I think that's what Taco has done in the past year?
Old 07-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
^ I think the more you read and hear about the NSX, the more you understand its purpose, what it's for, etc, then you'd come to appreciate it more for what it represents. It also helps when you take a step back and look at the bigger picture to see how the NSX fits in the current market. If one's vision is all about performance+brand name/dollar, then the NSX isn't really good. But looking at it from different angles and one would see what's good about it.

I think that's what Taco has done in the past year?
I agree with you. I think the car is competitive in its segment (the numbers are similar to other competitive cars). It's not the GREATEST in any ONE category but it has the unique hybrid drivetrain and the styling is incredible. Some enthusiasts/reviewers hate the hybrid/weight/lack of perceived luxury interior and miss the nostalgia of the old NSX days but in reality a re-hash of the old NSX in a modern form would not have lived up to the NSX's own namesake and it would not have been cutting/edge or industry-breaking (plenty of car makers already make light weight, MR-driven supercars with great handling....especially with the introduction of the market disruptor such as the 570S).

I think any of the cars in its segment can be a great choice as justified by the individual buyer (NSX, 911 Turbo, R8, 570S) and I've come to the conclusion that if you are in a position in life to be able to afford any of those cars then all the power to you and enjoy and appreciate it!
Old 07-20-2017, 02:50 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I love the styling and the electric motors....
i just cant afford one.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by justnspace
I love the styling and the electric motors....
i just cant afford one.
Heh. You and me both man! Maybe one day....powerball and megamillions are high in jackpots again....
Old 07-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by nist7
But Taco, I am curious as to what made you change your mind?
To be honest, there's still stuff I don't love about the car, but overall, I think it's a nice comeback for Acura. The 1st gen NSX wasn't all that fast either, with GT-Rs costing less and being able to match the NSX. And that's when you realize that who really cares about all out speed, or how many fractions of a second faster you can go 0-60?

The car has some cool technology, the interior is pretty nice (I've only sat in a black one and felt it was a bit plain, but I'm sure the red or saddle brown interior would be very nice). By the end of the day, you can ask 100 people about the car and they'll all say "it looks good and it looks fast" and that's exactly what a car like that is supposed to do. Put it beside a Lamborghini, or R8, or whatever else, and people likely wouldn't know which is faster anyway. So who cares? It's no slouch either, to be honest. And since this is the first year of production, I'm sure MMCs or whatever else will come out with faster iterations anyway.

It also has been designed with reliability in mind, meaning you can drive it quite a bit without fear of super crazy maintenance bills.

Long story short, it's fast (I can't tell the difference between 2.7s 0-60, or 3.2s 0-60... can you?), it has cool tech, it looks good, and isn't priced all that badly for what you get. Expensive? Yes. But so was the original NSX. Yes, it sold for 60k... but that was also 27 years ago. 60k was a pile of money back then.
The following users liked this post:
nist7 (07-20-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 12:37 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Haha, ya, I think most of us here "get" the NSX and can appreciate for what it is. If Acura can put in the same effort for its other models like the NSX consistently for the next decade or so, the brand image could be improved by a whole lot.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:31 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Another week of curing for Ceramic Pro, then will be adding some mileage. I already know what the NSX is capable of after spanking on the track for 4 hours in Ohio.

Time to see how much fun it is in the real world. There is great truth in the saying: its more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow...
The following 2 users liked this post by Fibonacci:
kurtatx (08-05-2017), nist7 (08-05-2017)
Old 07-28-2017, 04:47 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

NSX GT3 Race Car for $540k

Do you consider yourself a purist? Don't like the hybrid hardware? Wanna drop 1100lb from a regular NSX? Want a full carbon fiber body NSX with huge splitters and wings? Have over $500k to spend?

Here's your chance to get a NSX GT3 for $540k:
Acura Is Selling NSX GT3 Race Cars for $500,000 | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

It's supposed to have 540hp, no hybrid, RWD, 6-speed sequential gearbox, and just above 2700lb.
nist7 (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Damn, now Fib's car is obsolete. LOL jk
Old 08-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
As badass as the NSX gt3 sounds, it's probably horrendous for real world driving. Track only, which makes it a very pricey toy. I'm not saying it's not worth it. I'm saying that shiiiiet... it'll be a very small market.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TacoBello
As badass as the NSX gt3 sounds, it's probably horrendous for real world driving. Track only, which makes it a very pricey toy. I'm not saying it's not worth it. I'm saying that shiiiiet... it'll be a very small market.
Dedicated track cars are gonna be a tiny market definitely. But now that we know this hybrid-less/RWD platform exists...makes for a hopeful potential future of a similar "R" spec NSX?

Also, I think this is why Honda decided to not make a Ford GT/570S copycat...which is in that similar formula: light weight + analogue for that racy car feel. May not have stood out in its uniqueness.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Fibonacci
So ummm, finally have a VIN number to shop around some insurance rates....
Obviously no need to disclose your own personal details.....but what should one expect as a ballpark range for insuring a car like the NSX? I read several off-the-shelf insurance companies won't even cover certain vehicles in such a category.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:09 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by nist7
but what should one expect as a ballpark range for insuring a car like the NSX? I read several off-the-shelf insurance companies won't even cover certain vehicles in such a category.
Indeed, several national insurance companies will not insure any vehicle valued over $150k, which was a bit of a surprise to me, including my previous carrier. I was expecting a competitive quote from a very well known boutique insurance company known for insuring high value "collector" type vehicles but they were not in the ball park.

Long story short, shopped via an independent insurance agent and wrapped my home/umbrella/auto polices into one and am out the door for roughly $3600 additional dollars annually for the NSX. It would be more on a standalone basis, but after some sticker shock, am satisfied given that it is a very new car with virtually no known claim history yet with an OTD price of $180k.

For reference, I have zero at fault claims in the past 15 yrs except for a suicidal Canadian goose who flew into my TL's windshield about 5 yrs ago.

Back to the car itself, have almost 1000 miles under my belt and am an extremely satisfied owner. The car is simply a rock star. Most likely because of it's rarity, but also it simply looks deeelish. On a recent trip to Toronto, the hotel valet parked it out front next to a Huracan, 458 and several 911's and everyone was gawking at my NSX.

One aspect of the car that I didn't really think was initially special was quiet mode, but it is now one of the things I like most about the car that makes it unique. The duality of going stealth, to full beast mode by the simple twist of a dial is pretty cool.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fibonacci:
fsttyms1 (08-08-2017), nist7 (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 06:24 PM
I feel the need...

Need to get a professional camera, my iPhone pics are not ideal. I put the caliper badges back on as it looked too plain without them. Was thinking about getting Honda badges but realized going JDM was kinda lame after all it's an Acura made in Ohio, not a Honda made in Japan.

The following 4 users liked this post by Fibonacci:
kurtatx (08-07-2017), Legend2TL (08-08-2017), nist7 (08-07-2017), ttribe (08-08-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Need to get a professional camera, my iPhone pics are not ideal. I put the caliper badges back on as it looked too plain without them. Was thinking about getting Honda badges but realized going JDM was kinda lame after all it's an Acura made in Ohio, not a Honda made in Japan.

Love it! Good call on the no H badges. It's an Acura. It's the best of Acura right now.

Michelle Christensen is one of my heroes

Last edited by kurtatx; 08-07-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,649 Likes on 13,889 Posts
Post 2017 Acura NSX

I apologize if I'm reposting but I looked at several pages back of posts and do not see the 2017 press release and updated images from Acura/Honda...

Press release...

A History of Innovation

When the original Acura NSX made its debut over 25 years ago, it forever changed the sports car world by combining exotic car styling and performance with a new dimension of quality, exceptional ergonomics and dynamic poise. The NSX introduced and defined Acura's approach to "Precision Crafted Performance," with its cutting-edge design and innovative technology that provided exotic car performance for real drivers in the real world.

"From the beginning, Acura has always been about performance," said Acura NSX Global Development Leader Ted Klaus. "Not only speed or power, but elegantly designed and engineered products that stir the soul and harness innovative technology on a foundation of industry-leading quality and reliability."

By making use of advanced new technologies, such as a lightweight yet rigid all-aluminum unibody and chassis mated to a mid-mounted, transverse V6 engine, the original NSX challenged conventional wisdom for an exotic car. Its high-revving V6 engine featured a number of innovative production-car technologies, including forged pistons, titanium connecting rods and a VTEC valvetrain.

The first-generation NSX sought a more intimate connection between the car, the driver and the road, pursued through essential design elements—low vehicle mass and high power-to-weight ratio, a rigid body supporting a performance-focused chassis, outstanding visibility, exceptional ergonomics and accessible performance—creating a paradigm shift in what it meant to be an exotic car.

Importantly, the first generation NSX also exemplified Acura's high standards of quality, durability and day-to-day reliability without compromising performance—something rarely found in exotic sports cars of the day.

Next-Generation Acura NSX

Respecting the foundational concepts of the original NSX, the 2017 Acura NSX pursues an altogether new and revolutionary idea for Acura supercar performance, melding timeless sports car values with next-generation technologies to create a New Sports eXperience. And much like Acura's Precision Crafted Performance DNA guided the creation of the original NSX, every aspect of this new NSX is a next-generation expression of those same values.

Based on the "man-machine synergy" approach that guides the development of all Acura vehicles, the company has created a driver-centered supercar, where every part of the vehicle is respectful of the smartest part of the car—the driver.

Foremost among its many innovations is Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (Sport Hybrid SH-AWD), a first-of-its-kind technology in the supercar realm. Marrying this cutting-edge and electrified new expression of Acura Super Handling performance with new approaches to vehicle design—including advanced body construction, component packaging and aerodynamic optimization—results in a supercar that faithfully translates the acceleration, steering and braking inputs of the driver with incredible fidelity and instantaneous response, thus amplifying the capabilities of every driver, while greatly elevating the dynamic experience in every driving situation—qualities that define the New Sports eXperience.

Sport Hybrid SH-AWD utilizes its electric motors to assist acceleration, braking and cornering. With electrically-powered torque vectoring provided by the front-mounted Twin Motor Unit, the NSX takes Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive technology to a new dimension—using the dynamic, instantaneous and continuous distribution of electric motor torque to enhance handling precision and cornering performance in all driving situations.

The revolutionary NSX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD power unit and its advanced dynamic capabilities are supported by new concepts in supercar design and body construction. The NSX multi-material space frame is a clean-sheet design, utilizing a multitude of advanced materials and joining technologies, each chosen for its capability to deliver ultimate global and local body rigidity in combination with low mass, outstanding visibility and world-class occupant crash performance. The space frame integrates several world-first technologies, including three-dimensionally bent and quenched (3DQ) ultra‑high-strength steel A-pillars and ablation cast aluminum frame nodes.

Likewise, the design and packaging of the Sport Hybrid SH-AWD power unit's components—engine, transmission, motors, batteries and control systems—are optimized to support and enhance its dynamic capabilities by lowering the center of gravity (CG) and centering the mass within the car.

Sport Hybrid Super Handling-AWD Power Unit

The next-generation Sport Hybrid SH-AWD power unit consists of an all-new twin-turbocharged mid-mounted V6 engine paired with an all-new 9-speed dual clutch transmission (9DCT) and Direct Drive Motor that supplements the engine with instant torque response. The Direct Drive Motor also operates as a generator, maintaining the state of charge of the hybrid batteries to consistently support driver demands.

These systems, which comprise the rear power unit, are supplemented by the revolutionary capabilities of the front-mounted Twin Motor Unit (TMU). Containing two electric motors that independently drive the left and right front wheels, the TMU provides "active AWD," increasing forward acceleration and continuously varying torque—both positive and negative—supplied to the front wheels. The resulting "direct yaw control" effect enhances agility, stability, performance and response—it is true torque vectoring, available at any speed in both on-throttle and off-throttle situations. Finally, the TMU also provides regenerative braking force, supporting braking demands while also recharging the hybrid battery.

By taking advantage of the immediate and precise torque response of the power unit's three electric motors, the Sport Hybrid SH-AWD system can elevate any driver's confidence and performance while extracting more performance than could be obtained without it.

Multi-Material Space Frame and Body Panels

Like the original Acura NSX—the world's first all-aluminum exotic car—the all-new NSX has a cutting‑edge structure. Its multi-material space frame utilizes new materials and construction methods to achieve unprecedented dynamic rigidity, outstanding outward visibility and world-class collision performance. Making use of a space-frame design, the new NSX is composed primarily of lightweight aluminum, with the strategic use of steel and carbon fiber in select areas.
  • Unmatched dynamic torsional rigidity – The NSX directly responds to the driver's cornering demands, instantly transmitting those inputs to the chassis while maintaining perfect connection between front and rear axles, communicating both the driver's action and any changes in the road surface with the utmost fidelity.
  • Ultra-high local chassis rigidity – Each chassis component is mounted to a rigid casting supported by extruded aluminum frame members that act like "truss structures" such that high local attachment-area stiffness is ensured in all directions, helping maintain the precisely designed chassis geometry at all times.
  • World's first automotive application of ablation casting technology – Used both at front and rear, these ablation cast aluminum frame nodes serve as ultra-rigid mounting points for the suspension. Applied in key crush zones, these nodes link frame sections together and uniquely deform in a manner similar to a forged component but with lower weight, enabling shorter front and rear overhang, reduced vehicle mass and world-class collision performance.
  • A-pillars: Super strong, yet slender – In another world's first, a new three-dimensional bent and quenched (3DQ) frame member was employed to create thin yet sturdy A-pillars. The resulting ultra-high-strength material allows a slender cross section to maximize forward visibility while meeting structural demands, including roof-crush requirements.
Other advanced construction and manufacturing techniques employed in the all-new Acura NSX include the world's first use of all-robotic MIG welding of the space frame for uniform and precise joining of its aluminum components.

As with the space frame, NSX designers utilized a multitude of lightweight materials for the exterior body that are ideal for the task. Sheet hydro-formed aluminum is used for the outer door panels; aluminum stampings are used for the hood and roof (a carbon fiber roof is optional); sheet molding compound (SMC) is used for the fenders and trunk lid; and a high-temperature-resistant ABS plastic is used near the engine. This optimized material strategy is key to achieving desired panel rigidity with low weight, pedestrian safety performance, desired aesthetic design and exceptional surface finish.

NSX Chassis

The next-generation NSX chassis combines best-practice fundamental sports car design with advanced new technologies to elevate and enhance the NSX driving experience. Mounted directly (without subframes) to the ultra-rigid space frame, the all-aluminum front and rear suspension systems—augmented by third-generation active magnetorheological (MR) dampers and a rigidly-mounted dual‑pinion variable-ratio electric power steering (EPS) system—elevate the dynamic performance of the NSX while supporting the breakthrough capabilities of its Sport Hybrid SH-AWD system.

Front double ball joint suspension eliminates torque vectoring steering disturbances. The rigidly mounted EPS provides high fidelity steering feedback. The rear suspension's high lateral rigidity is key to minimizing lateral acceleration response delay, and maintaining proper response phasing of the rear axle with respect to the front, to achieve stable cornering beyond 180 mph.

Deceleration capability is also enhanced with a next-generation electro-mechanical super sports braking system that combines the effectiveness of a high-performance mechanical (friction) braking system with a seamlessly integrated regenerative braking system. This next-generation "super sports brake" concept delivers class-leading braking performance, while recovering what would otherwise be wasted energy to help keep the hybrid battery charged and ready to support other dynamic demands.

Another important element of the chassis design includes the power unit mounting system, which utilizes a rigid aluminum subframe and the ultra-rigid space frame to firmly anchor the power unit; strategically-located mounts minimize engine and transmission movement (pitch and roll).

Package

The new Acura NSX package continues the design philosophy of the original NSX. It seeks to optimize the packaging and layout of major vehicle systems—including the Sport Hybrid power unit (engine, Direct Drive Motor and 9DCT) and key hybrid components such as the Intelligent Power Unit (containing the lithium-ion battery pack)—to lower the CG, centralize the mass of the vehicle and achieve desired weight distribution for optimal handling.
  • The design of the bespoke all-aluminum twin-turbocharged V6 engine, including its 75-degree cylinder bank angle, dry sump lubrication system and compact valvetrain, is optimized for a low center of gravity and overall compact design
  • Likewise, the purpose-built 9DCT utilizes a new design, with the clutch and the differential situated side-by-side in a common housing and a parallel shaft gear set arrangement—both of which help reduce the length of the powertrain.
  • The Intelligent Power Unit, located in front the rear bulkhead, contains a new, compact lithium‑ion battery pack with high power and energy density, and features a new "caseless" design for reduced mass. The twin fuel tanks are mounted behind the rear bulkhead, in front of the engine.
  • The hybrid system's Power Drive Unit (PDU) uses a compact "three-in-one" design (converting direct current to alternating current to supply all three electric motors), allowing it to be packaged neatly in the vehicle's center tunnel.
  • Vehicle design also prioritizes small overhangs for a small footprint, helped by the aforementioned ablation cast nodes, while preserving comfortable cockpit headroom for 95th percentile male drivers.

Aerodynamics: "Total Airflow Management"

The NSX design and development team utilized a "total airflow management" approach to give the NSX the superlative aerodynamics one expects of a next-generation supercar, while simultaneously providing the effective and efficient thermal management required for its hybrid power unit. Six different heat sources must be managed: The twin-turbo engine, the 9DCT, the PDU, and the three electric drive motors. To provide efficient cooling, airflow is managed through 10 heat exchangers situated to efficiently use airflow through the front grille area, side air intakes, and through the engine compartment.

The NSX effectively manages air flowing through the front motor room and rear engine room as well as around the body, while still maintaining the increased stability of properly distributed downforce. In fact, stability at speed is a hallmark of the new NSX, with unprecedented balance and confidence to enhance the driving experience.

Through extensive research and development, the NSX aerodynamics team determined that a 3-to-1 downforce ratio—placing three times as much downforce at the rear of the vehicle relative to the front of the car—would provide the optimal downforce distribution for high-performance driving.

Through the extensive use of computational fluid dynamic (CFD) simulations as well as 40‑percent scale model testing in the company's advanced wind tunnel facility in Ohio, the team fine-tuned the various body shapes, intake and exhaust vents and vehicle strakes to reduce aerodynamic drag, create downforce, maximize cooling and efficiently exhaust unwanted heat.

The innovative aerodynamic developments were continuously verified at the company's full-scale, moving ground plane wind tunnel in Sakura, Japan.

NSX Cockpit

From the intuitive instrumentation and simple control layout to the careful application of materials and padding in the sports seats, steering wheel and center console, the NSX provides exceptional, driver‑centric ergonomics that supports and clarifies the driving experience.

To develop an interior with exemplary ergonomics, the Acura design team utilized a number of test drivers with wide-ranging driving experience and skill sets to gather information to improve all aspects of driver feedback and support in the NSX.

Attractive as well as structurally rigid and lightweight, the seats in the new NSX are designed to offer superlative comfort and support, with the lateral and fore/aft support needed for a supercar. Developed through extensive testing and pressure mapping measurements, these seats offer more comfort than those in competing high-performance vehicles while providing the torso and thigh bolstering needed in a high-limit vehicle such as the NSX. Seat materials such as leather and Alcantara were carefully selected for the perfect combination of dynamic driving support and comfort, including ease of ingress-egress.

Likewise, the center console/controls have been designed to minimize distractions from the most important function—driving—ultimately serving as a "simple sports interface."

Integrated Dynamics System

The unique nature of the NSX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD power unit enables a higher degree of flexibility to customize the driving experience and dynamic performance to suit the needs and desires of the driver and the driving environment. This capability is provided by the Integrated Dynamics System, controlled by the Dynamic Mode dial on the center console.

The NSX Integrated Dynamics System features four selectable dynamic modes—Quiet, Sport, Sport+ and Track—integrating all of the vehicle's dynamic systems: steering, brakes, throttle, Vehicle Stability Assist, dampers and Sport Hybrid SH-AWD control systems, as well as providing a customizable auditory experience via new Intake Sound Control and Active Exhaust Valve technologies.

Design, Development and Manufacturing

Design and development of the next-generation NSX involved a global team of engineers and designers. Design and development work on the Sport Hybrid power unit was centered in Tochigi, Japan, while design and development of the body, chassis, electrical and interior, along with total vehicle integration was concentrated in Raymond, Ohio. Initial design for the NSX was conducted at the company's Wako, Japan, design studio and was fully evolved and matured for production by the Acura Design Studio in Los Angeles.

Throughout its roughly four-year development, the fundamental concepts for a New Sports eXperience remained clear and consistent. However, the technologies and means by which the R&D team would realize their concept underwent a process of continual improvement and evolution, most notably in the area of engine design. Whereas the original direction called for a transverse-mounted, normally aspirated V6, the NSX development concept evolved to a new and more challenging approach—an all‑new bespoke twin-turbocharged, longitudinally-mounted V6 engine. This radical re-imagination of the engine design had profound implications for every element of the NSX design, especially the package, cooling systems and aerodynamics.

The NSX has been tested and tuned on streets and race circuits around the world. In addition to the Transportation Research Center in Ohio and on-road testing, primary development tracks were Virginia International Raceway, the famed Nürburgring in Germany and at Honda's own Takasu test circuit in Hokkaido, Japan.

The NSX is manufactured at the new Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Marysville, Ohio using domestic and globally-sourced parts. The PMC was designed to innovate new means and methods of producing low-volume specialty cars and to realize challenging new ideas for next‑generation craftsmanship and quality established by the NSX manufacturing team. The Performance Manufacturing Center employs approximately 100 associates, including 70 highly skilled manufacturing technicians engaged in body construction, painting, assembly and quality confirmation of the NSX. Among its many innovative processes is the world's first use of all-robotic MIG welding for the construction of the aluminum space frame.

The bespoke twin-turbocharged V6 engine in the NSX is meticulously hand-assembled by expert technicians at the company's engine plant in Anna, Ohio, using techniques and processes benchmarked against the company's world-class race engineering programs. Each engine is bench tested and broken in to the equivalent of 150 miles of driving. The 9DCT, Direct Drive Motor and engine are machine-balanced and assembled at the Anna Engine Plant. The TMU and other hybrid system components are built in Japan and sent directly to the PMC for fitment in the NSX.
Legend2TL (08-22-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 05:30 PM
Senior Moderator

​​​​​​​
00TL-P3.2 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Nord Gray Metallic...

The following 4 users liked this post by Yumcha:
00TL-P3.2 (08-22-2017), EL19 (08-22-2017), fsttyms1 (08-21-2017), justnspace (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 08:10 AM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
Nord Gray would be my #1 pick, followed by white.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
dat blue doe...
Old 08-22-2017, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Red...

Old 08-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

More NSX in red in case you peeps are in need of car pr0n/wallpapers...

Legend2TL (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
dat blue doe...
Here you go...

Legend2TL (08-22-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

00TL-P3.2 (08-25-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 09:34 PM
Senior Moderator

I think the white is my favorite...

00TL-P3.2 (08-25-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 10:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Interior...

The following 2 users liked this post by Yumcha:
00TL-P3.2 (08-25-2017), Legend2TL (08-30-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 10:08 PM
Senior Moderator

IWHI...

Call me a non-hater of this Acura.

The price does put it in some stiff competition against McLaren, Porsche, and even Aston Martin, I think. It'd be a tough choice but I'm probably going British.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:54 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Man..it's gorgeous. This is the kind of effort Acura has to put in for every model.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:50 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,065 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
Man..it's gorgeous. This is the kind of effort Acura has to put in for every model.
But Acura can't take 20 years to develop the next RLX.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by F-C
I mean, they don't have to. They did a lot of the heavy lifting with the NSX and it's a masterpiece.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:57 PM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
The scrolling is killing me.
kurtatx (08-26-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 12:40 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by F-C
Of course and I wouldn't' think it would take that long.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
No denying its a beautiful car. Just wish it hadnt taken them so damn long to get it to us. Hopefully they come out with other versions/models of this car sooner/quicker than it took to get this one out to us.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by F-C
They just need to stop now with that car
Old 08-29-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
Originally Posted by biker
The scrolling is killing me.

That's one of the reasons I'm on page 327 of this thread. Have the posts/page set to the minimum. Faster load times, less scrolling.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:18 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I'd imagine if they do make a new version, it wouldn't take too long. After all, the NSX from actual NSX concept in 2012 to production took about 4 years. Probably would have taken less time if it weren't for that major powertrain change. The process felt long because the old NSX was old, and Honda played around with the NSX successor idea for a long time without committing or actually calling any of the previous concepts as the NSX.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:58 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,023 Likes on 2,501 Posts
2017 Acura NSX Complete Review & Road / Track Test - Detailed in 4K UHD!

Alex on Auto's did a review of the NSX, enjoy his reviews.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3,594 Likes on 1,720 Posts
Another 17min Acura commercial

Old 10-24-2017, 04:36 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I drove the NSX and R8 V10 Plus over the weekend on a track. What an experience! Both of these pull hard in the straightaway and my butt dyno can't really detect much, if any difference in terms of power. Both would get into triple digit speeds very quickly. The NSX in particular is so damn fun to drive. It's a freaking complicated machine on paper but out on the track, everything felt so natural. It didn't feel like it's the machine driving for you. Instead, it gave me the feeling that I was a really talented driver and it just kept giving me more and more confidence to push harder each lap. The handling was phenomenal. Despite just wearing Bridgestone Potenza S001 and not the Trofeo R, there's more grip than I thought. The brakes equipped on the NSX I drove were just the normal steel ones. But they didn't exhibit any fade in the 8 min or so of track time that I had in it. The throttle response was so linear and immediately. There wasn't even a hint of turbo lag. Step on it and it just goes, and you can easily modulate the pedal for the exact amount of power you need. No need to wait for boost to be built up. It felt as lag free as the V10 in the R8. The shifts were very quick and smooth.

I can see why people felt the interior is a bit cheap. To me, the door handle grip gotta look better. The metallic look just doesn't look very realistic. Otherwise, I actually quite like the interior.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
R8+ is faster...

But yah i have never driven the NSX but have tried the R8+... The thing is the sound of that V10.... god damn...

Quick Reply: Acura: NSX News