AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/)
-   -   Acura: Development and Technology News (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/acura-development-technology-news-396703/)

claudw 10-11-2003 03:57 PM

gilboman,
You need to either read my thread on the Absolute Sound article or get a copy of the mag.The HK system in BMWs is a Fisher Price child's radio in comparison to the ML and the TL's ELS system.

gilboman 10-12-2003 03:46 AM

Originally posted by claudw
gilboman,
You need to either read my thread on the Absolute Sound article or get a copy of the mag.The HK system in BMWs is a Fisher Price child's radio in comparison to the ML and the TL's ELS system.

but its ok..i got the most important part right..i got a real car and not a powerwheel

i've read your post...but u didnt post anything about the CD quality compared to ML systems??? or any others?

claudw 10-12-2003 06:14 AM

If you will read near the end of the thread, I was asked to give the details of the Absolute Sound article. The CD performance is there.Its a long post.

gilboman 10-13-2003 04:21 AM

Originally posted by claudw
If you will read near the end of the thread, I was asked to give the details of the Absolute Sound article. The CD performance is there.Its a long post.
thanks will do when i get a chance tommorow...yay for long weekend:bow:

WolfpackTSX 10-18-2003 09:11 AM

u guy all gay

WolfpackTSX 10-18-2003 09:11 AM

i like tsx

RunningFreak 10-18-2003 03:20 PM

WolfpackTSX can suck my nuts

gavriil 10-20-2003 07:56 PM

Acura model roadmap - 2004 to 2007

According to C&D:

2004 Acura RSX The front and rear fascias are restyled and the Type S gets 220 -hp.

2004 Acura TL The redesigned mid-sized sedan retains front-drive and its 3.2-liter V-6, which now makes 270 -hp.

2004 Acura TSX Less expensive sedan positioned below TL based on Japan/Euro Accord.

2004.5 Acura RL The flagship sedan will be redesigned with more expressive styling and a 300-hp 3.8-liter V-6. Remains FWD, with possible all-wheel-drive and hybrid drivetrain. on-sale spring 04.

2005 Acura NSX The mid-engined sports car gets a thorough restyling and reengineering with a larger engine and lighter suspension components.

2006 Acura MDX A redesigned SUV will likely get the new 3.8-liter V-6.

2006 Acura RSX A redesign is expected.

2007 Acura RD-X A sport wagon based on the CR-V/Element platform will likely borrow styling cues from the RD-X concept car (Detroit show, 2002).

gavriil 10-20-2003 07:57 PM

2004 RSX gets a 220 HP engine and facelift? Interesting. Acura.com still says 200HP though. Can that be the car that comes out in March of 2004?

heyitsme 10-20-2003 08:17 PM

that would be cool but honda is a little hard to predict.

Chaptorial 10-21-2003 04:46 AM

Where's the next CL model??

danny25 10-21-2003 06:14 AM

Originally posted by Chaptorial
we're s.o.l. when it comes to a coupe :(

Shawn S 10-21-2003 06:29 AM

At the end of my signature :D

AcuraFan 10-21-2003 06:35 AM

Originally posted by gavriil
2004 RSX gets a 220 HP engine and facelift? Interesting. Acura.com still says 200HP though. Can that be the car that comes out in March of 2004?
But if it comes out March of 2004 then wouldn't it be a 2005 model? They kinda did that with the 2003 CL didn' they? I'm hoping it comes out this fall yet...my sister needs a new lease and has been eyeing an RSX.

AcuraFan 10-21-2003 06:36 AM

Re: Acura model roadmap - 2004 to 2007

According to C&D:

2005 Acura NSX The mid-engined sports car gets a thorough restyling and reengineering with a larger engine and lighter suspension components.

Didn't we just see a thread on here stating the NSX will get a smaller engine?

Black CL-S 4-Life 10-21-2003 06:55 AM

Nothing about that lineup excites me.:(

fender4 10-21-2003 07:06 AM

Think of it as we now own a collector car,, the last of the two door v6 acuras (not counting NSX) :D :D

Yumcha 10-21-2003 07:52 AM

Originally posted by Shawn S
At the end of my signature :D
:D Here's hopin'!

Moog-Type-S 10-21-2003 09:56 AM

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
:werd:
Where is the V8 Sports sedan? or the V6 Coupe?...where is the convertible?....Acura is still going to be way behind everyone else in the next few years.:(

gavriil 10-21-2003 11:22 AM

Re: Re: Acura model roadmap - 2004 to 2007

Originally posted by AcuraFan
Didn't we just see a thread on here stating the NSX will get a smaller engine?
That's what was in the concept. That does not mean the production car will get the same engine. Albeit weired and rare. Usually concepts have more powerful engines...go figure.

gavriil 10-21-2003 11:23 AM

Originally posted by Moog-Type-S
Where is the V8 Sports sedan? or the V6 Coupe?...where is the convertible?....Acura is still going to be way behind everyone else in the next few years.:(

Well. That's what C&D claims to "know about". But we all know how cryptic Honda and Toyota are. We see the cars when they are at the dealers practically. Unlike German companies when you know what's coming 2 years before it arrives.

vinarnold 10-21-2003 12:51 PM

sounds about right

cusdaddy 10-21-2003 01:39 PM

Boring.. Nothing to see here.. Move on

GreenMonster 10-23-2003 11:57 AM

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life

Originally posted by cusdaddy
Boring.. Nothing to see here.. Move on

soopa 10-23-2003 12:39 PM

that road map is SOOOOO incredibly wrong. their basing it on last years rumors!!! lol

GreenMonster 10-23-2003 04:40 PM

Originally posted by soopa
that road map is SOOOOO incredibly wrong. their basing it on last years rumors!!! lol
So what's the scoop soopa ??

What's this years rumors :)

1SICKLEX 10-23-2003 07:47 PM

Damn, that product plan is as exciting as watching my coco-puffs getting soggy in the milk.

SilverCL225hp 10-23-2003 11:39 PM

RL and NSX are all I care right now.

gavriil 10-24-2003 07:39 AM

I dont think there are "many" more vehicles prepeared by Acura (if any) at this point. The RDX is the only new one and the rest are re-dos.

AcuraFan 10-24-2003 12:36 PM

I dont think there are "many" more vehicles prepeared by Acura (if any) at this point. The RDX is the only new one and the rest are re-dos.
Yeah, and that's part of the problem (IMHO). Nissan/Infiniti is doing very well right now, and what are they doing? They're producing many new products in many previously unexplored segments.
...Nissan's first full sized truck...(Titan)
...Nissan's first full sized SUV...(Armada)
...Nissan's first crossover...(Murano)
...Nissan's first performance coupe in years...(350Z)
...Infiniti's first performance coupe...(G35 Coupe)
...Infiniti's first crossover...(FX45)
...and the list goes on and on...
This is all causing a buzz and giving them some momentum. What's Honda/Acura doing?
...Acura's first smaller crossover...(RDX)
...Acura's 3rd sedan...(TSX)
...Honda's unusual crossover...(Element)
...Honda's first truck...(??)

I love Honda/Acura and I love what they're doing to their existing cars. But I think they need to break into new segments for them to really stand out. When Honda puts out a new vehicle, it's always one of the best of it's class...I want to see them take on more segments. Well that's my :2cents:

dom 02-10-2004 08:29 AM

Acura to Boost Production

From AutoWeek

Acura to put more product in pipeline; new RL may get awd

By JASON STEIN | Automotive News

A senior Honda executive told Acura dealers that the brand will boost production to ease tight supplies.

Dick Colliver, executive vice president of sales for American Honda Motor Co., also said at the make meeting that an all-wheel-drive version of the Acura RL sport sedan is a "real strong possibility."

With robust sales in the second half of 2003, Acura finished up 3.2 percent for the year.

Now Acura plans a significant production boost, Colliver said. With new products on the way, Acura expects to sell 185,000 units in the United States this year, up from 170,918 units sold last year.

"We were probably a little tight about our control in the past," Colliver said. "With new product on the way, it gives us a good shot in the arm. We will see more vehicles in the pipeline."

Dealers had voiced concerns last year about tight vehicle supplies. Acura says it will solve that problem by increasing production of the TSX and TL sedans.

"We need the product," said Jim Smail, owner of Smail Acura in Greensburg, Pa. "Now we will have product to match demand. In the past it was a little tight."

Colliver also told dealers to expect an awd version of the RL sport sedan. "It is a real strong possibility," Colliver said after the meeting. But he declined to say whether all-wheel drive would be optional or standard. Acura will debut a concept version of the RL at the New York auto show in April.

At the meeting, dealers asked whether Acura would get a version of the SUT pickup that Honda unveiled in Detroit. Although Honda division will get the pickup, Colliver said it's too early to consider a pickup for Acura.

He said: "Honda hasn't even sold one SUT yet."

jlukja 02-10-2004 10:18 AM

I read this with mixed feelings. On the one hand it makes sense since the TSX seem to be in high demand and people sit on waiting lists for weeks at a time. It will also benefit buyers in that more product is sure to lower the price point for new buyers even if just a little. On the other hand, I kinda liked having a car that was uncommon. It was sort of a thrill to see another TSX driving around. I know that here in Southern California it seems that almost everywhere I turn I see a MB C230 sedan. IMHO the sheer numbers of them seem to cheapen the brand. I would hope that the number of TSX on the street doesn't increase too much so that the feeling of exclusivity remains. Just my 2 cents.

biker 02-10-2004 10:30 AM

The president of Honda said in an interview last year that the next RL won't be FWD. Many current articles seem to say that AWD might be available or optional. It seems to me that either the president of Honda lied in that article last year or the new RL will be RWD.

AcuraFan 02-10-2004 10:51 AM

Originally posted by biker
The president of Honda said in an interview last year that the next RL won't be FWD. Many current articles seem to say that AWD might be available or optional. It seems to me that either the president of Honda lied in that article last year or the new RL will be RWD.
It's highly unlikely that the RL will be RWD. So my guess has always been Front biased AWD (probably a form of the VTM-4 system) or the AWD IMA system they've been promising forever.

jcg878 02-10-2004 11:07 AM

This will benefit potential TSX buyers, and annoy TSX owners. I like my current sense of 'exclusivitity' but I never expected it to last long.

Please Acura, don't even consider bringing that truck to your brand!!! That would help brand image alright :rolleyes:

dom 02-10-2004 11:24 AM

Originally posted by jcg878
This will benefit potential TSX buyers, and annoy TSX owners. I like my current sense of 'exclusivitity' but I never expected it to last long.

Please Acura, don't even consider bringing that truck to your brand!!! That would help brand image alright :rolleyes:

I don't think they have any plans to bring a pickup truck to the Acura lineup. You can rest easy.

Although, the statement "Honda hasn't even sold one SUT yet." shows me how conservative Honda/Acura is. He's basically saying we'll see how the SUT sells at Honda and then make a decesion. (Although Acura has no plans to sell this pickup) Did Infiniti wait to see how the Armada sold at Nissam before they announced the Q56? No they just released it. But Honda's always been conservative and successful so I guess they know what they're doing.

biker 02-10-2004 12:05 PM

It's highly unlikely that the RL will be RWD. So my guess has always been Front biased AWD (probably a form of the VTM-4 system) or the AWD IMA system they've been promising forever.
So then all RLs will be AWD? That doesn't seem right either. I know Honda/Acura might want to carve itself a niche but making a flagship sedan AWD only seems like a strech. Like I said before this would be the Subaru mentality.
I also don't get the idea behind a FWD biased AWD. I mean what's the point? If you already have power to all 4 wheels why bias to FWD when everyone else has a RWD bias which in almost all cases is better for handling.:confused:
I know the Pilot/MDX are this way but I can't figure out any advantage of it. I can't see the milage being any better nor handling. So why? Maybe you can make the drivetrain real light out back cause most of the power goes up front?:dunno:

ABP-CL9-TSX 02-10-2004 12:32 PM

Originally posted by domn
I don't think they have any plans to bring a pickup truck to the Acura lineup. You can rest easy.

I heard rumors of a Honda CR-V size Acura SUV is in the works, but I dunno if its true.:dunno:

As for increased production, it only makes the TSX and TL more available and less of a waiting time to get these cars. Then again is this a bad thing or a good thing. Only time will tell.

Lung Fu Mo Shi 02-10-2004 12:38 PM

I could care less if they make more TSXs or not. If they see demand, we'll see more vehicles like them in the future. But, I like my car for what it is, and not for trying to be "different".

phile 02-10-2004 01:00 PM

Originally posted by biker
So then all RLs will be AWD? That doesn't seem right either. I know Honda/Acura might want to carve itself a niche but making a flagship sedan AWD only seems like a strech. Like I said before this would be the Subaru mentality.
I also don't get the idea behind a FWD biased AWD. I mean what's the point? If you already have power to all 4 wheels why bias to FWD when everyone else has a RWD bias which in almost all cases is better for handling.:confused:
I know the Pilot/MDX are this way but I can't figure out any advantage of it. I can't see the milage being any better nor handling. So why? Maybe you can make the drivetrain real light out back cause most of the power goes up front?:dunno:

I agree, I'm really hoping the AWD system is RWD biased, 40/60 split. Performance and bad weather traction.