AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/)
-   -   Acura: Development and Technology News (https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/acura-development-technology-news-396703/)

TacoBello 08-11-2016 11:11 AM

Not sure how they are comparing the 370z to the ZSX...

The top of the line 370z can be had for about 55k CAN... That's significantly less than the 80-90k CAN they're quoting.

I'm confused about the "I'm guessing it's impossible to have a manual hybrid" comment. I don't see why not.

Also, the "Z" doesn't stand for anything. While "NSX" may have stood for something, back in the day, names like MDX, RDX, ILX, TLX, and RLX don't stand for anything these days, besides whatever people can make fit.

Also,

Also, I wonder where this news leaves the s2000 replacement. If that MSRP is right that leaves a lot of room for a cheaper non hybrid version which would rival new z5, 370z, 718
If this comes out, I doubt Honda would release another s2000. It's either one or the other. I just don't see a huge market for cars like these, so I'd be surprised if Honda made 3 of them in their line up (NSX, ZSX and s2000).

justnspace 08-11-2016 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15824584)
Not sure how they are comparing the 370z to the ZSX...

reading is fundamental!

hinting at non-hybrid ZSX, which would then compete with Z

thoiboi 08-11-2016 11:14 AM

also because both have a Z in the name :co:

justnspace 08-11-2016 11:14 AM

:co:

TacoBello 08-11-2016 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 15824585)
reading is fundamental!

hinting at non-hybrid ZSX, which would then compete with Z

he isn't hinting at a non hybrid. He's wondering if this leaves room for a non hybrid. Reading is fundamental! :rofl:

justnspace 08-11-2016 11:23 AM

^its all speculation anyway.

hinting and wondering are synonymous

nist7 08-11-2016 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15824584)
Also, the "Z" doesn't stand for anything. While "NSX" may have stood for something, back in the day, names like MDX, RDX, ILX, TLX, and RLX don't stand for anything these days, besides whatever people can make fit.

Yup. I read something that said car makers in general are moving away from "names" of cars because when you google "Legend" or "Accord" (not as much) the google search optimization is so that other things may show up related to the word instead of the car. (Unless the car model is already VERY well established name...such as Accord or Camry)

So car names I've read are becoming more and more acronym/initialisms/more boring to get better search engine optimization. (letters and numbers combination)

No way TLX/NSX/MDX will show up for nothing but Acura sites....as opposed to other generic "names"

AZuser 08-11-2016 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne (Post 15824577)
If the following is more or less correct...

RSX stands for RallySportscar eXperience
NSX stands for New Sportscar eXperience
MDX stands for Multi-Dimensional eXperience
ILX stands for Integra-Legend eXperience
TLX is Touring Luxury eXperience
RLX is Refined Luxury eXperience

does anyone know what the 'Z' in ZDX stood for?

ZDX = Zero Demand eXpected

ILX = Idiotic Lame eXperience

justnspace 08-11-2016 01:05 PM

:rofl:

:goldcup:

Bruce_Wayne 08-11-2016 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by AZuser (Post 15824722)
ZDX = Zero Demand eXpected

ILX = Idiotic Lame eXperience

Yes.... a google search will provide these results if you follow the search links.

TacoBello 08-11-2016 01:38 PM

I don't care what y'all think. I like the ZDX!!

RDX10 08-11-2016 01:41 PM

I'll link the first article google now brought me: Honda Trademarks ZSX, Could End Up on Baby NSX » AutoGuide.com News
To be fair, ZSX could be a name given to anything honda produces, be it motorcycles, jet skis, etc. It, of course, does not necessarily mean it will be a car, or a car that Honda will actually produce and bring to market.

does anyone know what the 'Z' in ZDX stood for?

Found this from 5thTo2nd on ToV:

Pics (credit to their respective owners/illustrators):

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...e0b9ef752b.jpg

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...c0ece35058.jpg

MDX stands for multi-dimensional-luxury

TacoBello 08-11-2016 02:06 PM

Who the fuck came up with those names. Integra-Legend Experience? What the fuck does that even mean?

It's all bullshit. Only NSX stood for something. All others are just blatantly made up.

thoiboi 08-11-2016 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15824835)
Who the fuck came up with those names. Integra-Legend Experience? What the fuck does that even mean?

It's all bullshit. Only NSX stood for something. All others are just blatantly made up.

OP Did :tomato:

justnspace 08-11-2016 02:36 PM

No way he's Batman with acronyms like that

thoiboi 08-11-2016 02:44 PM

you guys are full of shit, i just looked up multidimensional luxury and multi dimension experience and got ZERO reference to anything acura..

:bs:

Bruce_Wayne 08-11-2016 03:29 PM

The acronyms were all found on google. You could easily replicate my search results should you so desire. They are certainly not my creation, if that was even relevant to anything at all. Realistically, do you think it is more likely that Acura is choosing these initials randomly or that they have some kind of meaning, if only internally? I'm guessing they are not randomly chosen, and if they are not randomly chosen, then it follows there is some degree of likelihood that they do have meaning attached to them considering this is the company that came up with "SH-AWD" and a number of other lengthy and/or obscure acronyms throughout history. Whether they mean anything like 'Touring Luxury eXperience" is up for debate. But, I'm inclined to believe they have meaning until you can provide some concrete evidence (from Acura themselves) indicating they mean absolutely nothing at all. You simply saying they mean nothing is as factual as something like "Multi-dimensional Luxury" that I found on Google. I'm sure you can agree to that.

Nevertheless, I regret including those acronyms as they have only served as a distraction to the topic at hand and I am now forced to respond to such inane comments.

With that said, let's stay on topic, which is inevitably the name moniker "ZSX" that Honda just trademarked and the potential car that might be tied to it and any rumors/facts surrounding this subject. Thanks.

thoiboi 08-11-2016 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne (Post 15824909)
The acronyms were all found on google.

Oh oh oh.. sorry.. In that case, it has to be true. :thumbsup:

oonowindoo 08-11-2016 07:21 PM

NSX was Acura and still Acura today.

If this is related to S2000 at all, it would be under Honda. I dont see a Honda could be called ZSX, Zzzeenex or SSFTX.

ZR-V is more likely.

AZuser 08-11-2016 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne (Post 15824909)
But, I'm inclined to believe they have meaning until you can provide some concrete evidence (from Acura themselves) indicating they mean absolutely nothing at all. You simply saying they mean nothing is as factual as something like "Multi-dimensional Luxury" that I found on Google. I'm sure you can agree to that.

Um, no.

They have no meaning until you can provide some concrete evidence (from Acura themselves) indicating they mean something.

You wanting to believe that they mean something just because the NSX stood for something, or that searches on Google yielded results, is not sufficient proof. Haven't you ever been told to don't believe everything you see/read?

Look, we all know Acura's been making dumb decisions lately with regards to their car lineup, but even I find it very hard to believe that the best initialism that Acura can come up with for ILX is Integra-Legend eXperience. The ILX has absolutely nothing to do with the Acura Legend, and I highly doubt they meant that the ILX will be remembered as a legend (i.e. famous, well known). The shit people come up with . . . . :whyme:

AZuser 08-11-2016 08:12 PM

Maybe ZSX is a ZDX redux. That would mean Acura's ZSX stands for :haha: Zero Sales eXpected.

csmeance 08-11-2016 08:37 PM

Perhaps the 2 door coupe that we all have been waiting for :wish:

Bruce_Wayne 08-12-2016 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by AZuser (Post 15825021)
Um, no.

They have no meaning until you can provide some concrete evidence (from Acura themselves) indicating they mean something.

You wanting to believe that they mean something just because the NSX stood for something, or that searches on Google yielded results, is not sufficient proof. Haven't you ever been told to don't believe everything you see/read?

Look, we all know Acura's been making dumb decisions lately with regards to their car lineup, but even I find it very hard to believe that the best initialism that Acura can come up with for ILX is Integra-Legend eXperience. The ILX has absolutely nothing to do with the Acura Legend, and I highly doubt they meant that the ILX will be remembered as a legend (i.e. famous, well known). The shit people come up with . . . . :whyme:

Oh oh oh.. sorry.. In that case, it has to be true. https://acurazine.com/forums/images/...s/thumbsup.gif
No, you both missed the point. So, no, I don't have to prove anything because I am not saying they meaning anything, or that they mean whatever google search turns up. I'm. simply. referring. to. what. google. showed. Not as fact, because Google searches aren't fact. I'm referring to them because that's where i got them? Can we understand that? Google provided them? Is that hard to grasp? Am I toting them as fact? Nope. Am I suggesting there probably is some sort of meaning behind them? Yeah, I think there's a probable chance for that. Is the meaning going to be "Multi-dimensional eXperience"? I have no idea. I just copied what google said. Because it's fact? Nope. So you see, if one person says they mean nothing and a search engine turns up results that do say they mean something, well someone is going to have to prove one or the other. Unfortunately, GOOGLE search results is not an entity capable of providing factual sources for the search results it generates. So, please direct your misguided argument towards google or the specific websites containing these acronyms. Thanks.

My god. Spare me the internet forum ego. Seriously.

justnspace 08-12-2016 08:29 AM

^why copy from google, if they dont mean shit!??

Like in 8th grade, we learned that you need to cite your sources

I really wish my job let me do that....Hey, I kinda found this information from google, But I didnt check to see if they are true...I hope you let this slide

Bruce_Wayne 08-12-2016 08:38 AM

Because I thought people would like to speculate on any ties to the NSX, which, from what I can tell, does mean something (or did). Which, inevitably led me to searching what other names meant. And then I quickly copied them for reference. If I have to say "they mean nothing and I'm so incredibly sorry for including them" to make you feel better, then OMG i'm so sorry guys! I have no idea where people come up with this stuff! Please forgive me so I can sleep at night. I hope I didn't offend anyone! I would remove them if I could but I can't edit the post anymore!! wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm so sorry.

As much as I like partaking in these worthless arguments from internet forum prosecutors, this will be the last time I respond to anything not having to do with the ZSX.

I suggest some of you either get back on topic, find something better to do, or get a life that has less to do with stroking your own digital ego.

justnspace 08-12-2016 08:40 AM

speculation is the devil, sir.

its not fun. and our thoughts are completely different from the end product.

TacoBello 08-15-2016 12:50 AM

Ok, ok... You guys are busting Bruce's balls way too hard about this :rofl:

It was silly, but whatever. Back to the topic at hand-

I secretly hope this thing will be 60% NSX and 40% ZDX. I think Acura found an untapped market: the utilitarian sports car. Think how many soccer moms will lineup for one of these. The power to move, yet with honda's legendary fuel economy. Best in class ground clearance, yet with upgraded tires for fast driving. This thing is going to sell like hot cakes.

justnspace 08-15-2016 07:16 AM

^yet, you're still busting balls. :rofl:

speculation is dumb.
we can play what if and guess what features....but it dont mean shit until the car comes out

Bruce_Wayne 08-15-2016 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15826629)
Ok, ok... You guys are busting Bruce's balls way too hard about this :rofl:

It was silly, but whatever. Back to the topic at hand-

I secretly hope this thing will be 60% NSX and 40% ZDX. I think Acura found an untapped market: the utilitarian sports car. Think how many soccer moms will lineup for one of these. The power to move, yet with honda's legendary fuel economy. Best in class ground clearance, yet with upgraded tires for fast driving. This thing is going to sell like hot cakes.

No, it's cool. I don't mind one bit. Some people need to feel like they're someone special, like they matter. Some people simply lack perspective or basics such as tact or social grace. If someone needs to compensate for whatever they're lacking in real life on an internet forum, I can understand, although I cannot relate.

He says things like, "reading is fundamental!" when such a tone of condescension is completely unnecessary. He could have made a valuable contribution in his response that might have elicited civil and interesting conversation, but instead he patronized you for no real reason other than to assert his make-believe authority to everyone reading. I guess he aced reading comprehension in 8th grade too. At least, I supposed that's what I'm supposed to believe. But realistically, taking such a condescending tone repeatedly and consistently on the forum, like I've seen him do countless times, is only an indication of overcompensating for a lack of self-esteem or self-confidence. To do this to people only screams, "I feel bad about myself/I want to feel smart so I'm going to try to make everyone I meet feel stupid at every opportunity." If you don't believe this, ask yourself if anyone you know that is truly intelligent, truly knowledgeable, and truly wise, if they behave this way to people, even strangers? Most people of even average intelligence do not yearn to make other people feel stupid or at least have the manners not to do so. At the very least, I would say he is somewhat socially inept. Hopefully he's not like this in real life.

He says things such as, "Like in 8th grade, we learned that you need to cite your sources. I really wish my job let me do that....Hey, I kinda found this information from google, But I didnt check to see if they are true...I hope you let this slide." But does not source anything he posts like a hypocrite. Having the audacity to compare posting a message on a forum to a job? Am I suddenly an employee of Acurazine? Is a message board akin to the work place? Is posting on a message board akin to a job? I must have messed the memo. He suggests this formality accustomed to academia or professional work is necessary on something trivial and casual like this message board. How casual and trivial is a message board? Well, we just need to look at his lack of punctuation and capitalization for an example. That's how trivial and casual a message board is. Does it bother me? No, not at all, because I don't believe it's necessary, at all, to capitalize and use proper punctuation on a message board. So, to suggest I need to or should cite any sources, that are easily accessible on google, is simply ludicrous when one considers the triviality, lack of formality, and complete casualness of a message board. Not to mention, the hypocrisies committed by the person making the suggestion in the first place.

He says things like, "speculation is the devil, sir," or "its not fun. and our thoughts are completely different from the end product," or "speculation is dumb. we can play what if and guess what features....but it dont mean shit until the car comes out." Do you see how he says it in a way that might make you believe his opinions are fact? I would like to see you cite your source on where I might find "speculation is the devil." MLA or APA or something else you're familiar with would be fine. Do you see what I did there? What I agree with is that, indeed, our thoughts are completely different from on the end product. But, it doesn't upset me. If he does not appreciate speculation, that's absolutely fine. Simply be an adult and do not participate in any such speculation. Sometimes people still need to learn that sometimes saying less is saying more (he might try to point out the contradiction of such a statement and that will be okay). Not everything warrants a response even if you are in a position to give one. But time is more valuable to some of us than others. Let's simply disregard whether or not other people want to speculate themselves. He said it's the devil and that it's dumb. Well, since he's spoken, better just stop all speculation going forward. Functionally speaking, let's simply ignore the fact that people make a living off of speculation, and a very fine living in many cases. I'll go notify Wall Street that speculation is dumb and that they should new jobs.

Listen Justin, you're everything you want to be. Your mom loves you. Your dad is proud of you. You have a great job and a bright future. You're a very, very intelligent human being based on the condescending tone you take with people over trivial things they probably do not even care about on the whole. Your time management skills must be excellent based on how often you post on acurazine. Then again, they're worthless posts that are about 1-2 sentences long and lack punctuation and capitalization. But I'll let that slide since you were so kind to let silly gibberish found on the internet slide. So bro, you win. You're the man. YOU get the last word. I know that's important to people like you. So have at it man. This thread went to shit, so it's all you man. I won't respond, I promise. I just don't have time to spend with people like you, so consider this lengthy post a generous gift (hint: I type over 100 words per minute, this took no time).

In the words of Happy Gilmore, "I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good looking. I'm not very attractive." But you don't have to take it out on us little guys :)

But you're right, TacoBello, it was completely silly. Have fun with the thread everyone!

TacoBello 08-15-2016 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 15826692)
^yet, you're still busting balls. :rofl:

speculation is dumb.
we can play what if and guess what features....but it dont mean shit until the car comes out

Im not busting balls... I'm hoping Honda follows its trend of building cars that no one wants to buy, such as the ZDX, CR-Z, Element, RLX, TSX wagon....

A jacked up super car seems like their next logical step!

CCColtsicehockey 08-15-2016 02:12 PM

T-minus 20 years till protype is seen

AZuser 08-15-2016 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15826953)
Im not busting balls... I'm hoping Honda follows its trend of building cars that no one wants to buy, such as the ZDX, CR-Z, Element, RLX, TSX wagon...

Personally, I wouldn't include the Honda Element with those other really poor sellers. While it didn't hit the same annual sales numbers as Honda's bread and butter Accord, Civic, Odyssey, Pilot, or CR-V, in its first 4 years it sold as well as Acura's best models (MDX, RDX, 3G TL) ever did.

2003 : 67,478
2004 : 59,927
2005 : 56,262
2006 : 51,829
2007 : 35,218
2008 : 26,447
2009 : 14,884
2010 : 14,247
2011 : 11,534

The Honda Fit sells in similar numbers to what the Element did during its infancy and I can't ever recall hearing or reading that the Fit is a car that no one wants.

9 years of the same thing. Who knows how well it would have sold if Honda had given it a full make over for the 2007 or 2008 model year.

justnspace 08-15-2016 02:54 PM

did any one read Batmans long ass story book? ^^ post #30? cuz i didnt.

thisaznboi88 08-15-2016 05:06 PM

ZDX = Zombie Dimensional eXperience

Joneill44 08-15-2016 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace
did any one read Batmans long ass story book? ^^ post #30? cuz i didnt.

There's a better chance of me getting a new Ford GT than reading that whole thing

TacoBello 08-15-2016 10:25 PM

Yeah, I didn't even bother. I think we hurt his feelings though. Sorry Bruce!!! :hug:

AZuser 08-15-2016 10:40 PM

ZSX will be such a horrible car, it will be referred to as the vehicle that resulted in Zero Sex eXperienced for its owners.

justnspace 08-16-2016 06:56 AM

:rofl:

TacoBello 08-17-2016 12:38 AM

:pofl:

TSXWagoneer 09-07-2016 11:13 PM

looking on various other forums, there seems to be some customers angry over customer service, but I'm glad they worked for you. But about those lugnuts....