Acura: CSX news **2012 Information (page 7)**

Old 12-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,632 Likes on 13,881 Posts
Test drove one today with the GF's brother (as he's looking for a new car)...It was actually not bad. I think the interior's great and the car's got quite alot of pep (there was 5 of us in total in the car when he was testdriving it)...

For $31K loaded, I think it's decent. That being said, I'll nudge him over to Honda to check out the V6 Accord before he makes a decision...
Old 12-24-2005, 03:53 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumchah
Test drove one today with the GF's brother (as he's looking for a new car)...It was actually not bad. I think the interior's great and the car's got quite alot of pep (there was 5 of us in total in the car when he was testdriving it)...

For $31K loaded, I think it's decent. That being said, I'll nudge him over to Honda to check out the V6 Accord before he makes a decision...
The V6 Accord is SICK fast for a 3.0L. Especially in 6MT form.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:55 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
I actually like the CSX. My best friend's girlfriend and her mom are going to buy one together (AT premium non-nav). The thing looks hot in black!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:32 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
2007 Acura CSX Type-S

Acura announces new Canadian-exclusive CSX Type-S sedan

Toronto, Ontario - Acura has announced that a new performance version of the CSX, the CSX Type-S compact luxury-performance sedan, will be launched on November 6. It will be an exclusive product for the Canadian market and will start at $33,400.

The Type-S features a new 2.0-litre, 197-hp i-VTEC four-cylinder engine, with a close-ratio six-speed manual transmission, drive-by-wire throttle control, four-wheel disc brakes, vehicle stability assist with traction control and speed-sensitive electric power steering. Fuel economy is rated at 10.2 L/100 km in the city and 6.8 L/100 km on the highway, and has a Tier 2 Bin 5 low-emissions rating.

Other features include a four-wheel independent sport-tuned suspension, performance-rated tires, rear spoiler, fog lights, 17-inch alloy wheels, leather-trimmed seats and standard navigation system.
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/061023-3.htm

This is why Canada isn't getting the Civic Si Sedan. No mention of a Limited slip?

So where's the TSX Type S?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Oooo...neato!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Still way too much money IMO.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:29 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Still way too much money IMO.

Considering a Civic Si Sedan would have been priced at about 26K, ya it is. And I don't think there's enough of a CSX market in Canada for this extra model. They would have been far better served IMO selling the Si sedan. It makes no sense IMO. Canada is still Honda's #1 market worldwide for Civic sales per capita. We should have the Si sedan and the hatch versions as well. Mazda 3 Sport's are all over the place.

I'm still wondering about the limited slip.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:22 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
Acura announces new, Canadian-exclusive CSX Type-S compact luxury-performance sedan

TORONTO, Oct. 20 /CNW/ - A new performance version of the Acura CSX will be launching across Canada on November 6 with the introduction of the
high-performance 2007 CSX Type-S compact luxury-performance sedan. The Acura
CSX Type-S will be an exclusive product for the Canadian market with a
Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price of $33,400.

"Last year Acura launched its all-new CSX compact luxury sedan as a
gateway product to Acura's family of luxury vehicles," said Jim Miller,
executive vice president, Honda Canada. "The new Type-S model will serve as a
gateway product to Acura's performance heritage for those Canadians who want
both affordable luxury and high performance," he added.

Power for the new Acura CSX Type-S is supplied by a new 2.0-litre,
197-horsepower i-VTEC engine that features "intelligent" valve-control systems
for optimum engine performance. "There was a time when the
100-horsepower-per-litre benchmark was an exclusive calling card of race car
engines," said Miller. "Now, the CSX Type-S produces this kind of power in an
engine that will be favoured for its top-end performance and range of power."

The CSX Type-S 2.0-litre engine, mated to a close-ratio 6-speed manual
transmission, also delivers good fuel economy. It is rated at 10.2 L/100km in
the city and 6.8 L/100km on the highway. It features a Tier 2 Bin 5
low-emissions rating.

The CSX Type-S also features drive-by-wire throttle control, 4-wheel disc
brakes, vehicle stability assist with traction control and a speed-sensitive
electric power steering (EPS) system for sporty driving performance.

All CSX models benefit from true four-wheel independent suspension. On
the Type-S, the sport-tuned suspension is designed for a performance-oriented
feel to meet the demands of driving enthusiasts. The Type-S suspension
includes stiffer springs, firmer damping and more tightly controlled
suspension movement with upgraded stabilizer bars at both ends - increased
from 24 to 27 millimeters up front, and from 11 to 17 millimeters in the rear.
The Type-S rides on performance-rated 215/45 R17 tires.

Distinguishing the new model is specific Type-S badging, a rear wing
spoiler with integrated LED brake light, fog lights, and upgraded 17-inch
alloy wheels.

Inside are other design cues such as leather-trimmed seating with
high-contrast stitching and embossed Type-S identification, metallic-finished
pedals, and the Type-S logo on the floor mats. By night, there's even a red
hue to the ambient lighting. These stylish expressions are a preview of the
advanced technology, high performance, improved handling and greater driving
enjoyment of the CSX Type-S.

There is more to the Type-S than just power and performance. For
instance, the Acura Satellite-Linked Navigation System with bilingual voice
recognition is standard equipment. It allows choosing the most direct route or
looking for alternatives that avoid major highways
altogether. The bilingual
voice recognition system can respond to nearly 600 voice commands. Voice
commands can also be used for such functions as climate control and audio
system settings. This is not something found with other cars in this price
range.

The CSX premium audio system pumps out 350-watts through seven speakers -
including an 8-inch sub-woofer. Beyond AM, FM and CD compatibility, Acura also
enabled the system with a digital audio card reader compatible with MP3 and
WMA audio files plus an Auxiliary input jack for iPods(R) and similar music
playback devices.

The Acura CSX Type-S is designed to be a stylish expression of advanced
driver technology and heart-racing performance. It combines standard interior
amenities and quality, plus a full complement of standard safety features,
including six airbags and an Advanced Compatibility Engineering(TM) (ACE(TM))
body structure that uses a network of load bearing front-end members to
disperse collision energy throughout the entire body structure for enhanced
occupant protection.

Acura is the technology advanced performance division of Honda Canada
Inc. Six vehicles (CSX, TSX, RDX, TL, RL and MDX) are marketed under the Acura
brand, including the new, exclusive-to-Canada Acura CSX luxury compact sedan.
Both the Acura CSX luxury compact sedan and the MDX luxury sport utility
vehicle are produced at the Honda of Canada Mfg. facility in Alliston,
Ontario.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, this won't affect us in the USA, but will the CSX-type S affect TSX sales in Canada since the TSX is only 8 hp more than the CSX-type S?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
Well, this won't affect us in the USA, but will the CSX-type S affect TSX sales in Canada since the TSX is only 8 hp more than the CSX-type S?
I'm sure it will. The CSX Type-S is the same price as TSX was in 2004. Today there's just $2500 splitting the TSX from the super-civic.

To put things in another perspective, a base civic is $16980, meaning the CSX Type-S is almost exactly twice as expensive. It can't possibly cost twice as much to build the CSX as it does the Civic. If it listed for $25,000 to $27,000 it would still be very expensive, but I could almost understand where they were coming from. This is a good $6,000 overpriced in my opinion.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
I'm sure it will. The CSX Type-S is the same price as TSX was in 2004. Today there's just $2500 splitting the TSX from the super-civic.

To put things in another perspective, a base civic is $16980, meaning the CSX Type-S is almost exactly twice as expensive. It can't possibly cost twice as much to build the CSX as it does the Civic. If it listed for $25,000 to $27,000 it would still be very expensive, but I could almost understand where they were coming from. This is a good $6,000 overpriced in my opinion.
I agree. That thing looks way too expensive... and only 2500 seperating it from a TSX??? What's Acura thinking
Old 10-24-2006, 08:11 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Who cares about the price split between the TSX. Other manufactuers have been selling lower end models with equal or more power than a higher end model forever. In the end they are still very different cars.

I've driven the CSX a few times and there's no way I'd take over a TSX, even in Type S form. Looks like the Limited slip was purposely left out though, which makes this car an even worse value.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
How many voice-navigation systems can Acura sell abroad that can understand the Quebec-French accent? That's why the cost is so high since Honda Canada needs to recoup all the costs of R&D.

Civic sedan Si > CSX Type-S

At C$33 400 ... what are they smoking? (I guess it's for the 100 or so superbrand-conscious people who want that 'Type-S' badging and can't afford the new TL ...)
Old 10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
The reason it's so expensive is because of the standard Navi. Subtract $3000 for the Navi and you get the real price, which is not unreasonable based on the upgraded engine, leather interior, heated seats, upgraded wheels, foglights, HID and other stuff over the Civic.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by youngTL
The V6 Accord is SICK fast for a 3.0L. Especially in 6MT form.

They say it gets a little faster if you put 91 octane in the tank. <==Cheapest mod ever.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Test Drive: 2007 Acura CSX Type-S
http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/07csx-s.htm

Small performance cars are not usually big sellers, but they give the regular models on which they're based a higher profile in the marketplace - and the opportunity for driving enthusiasts to have some fun at a reasonable price.

There are plenty to choose from right now: the VW GTI, Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, Mazdaspeed3, Honda Civic Si, Subaru WRX, Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged, Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo, and Saturn Ion Redline - as well, the next Mitsubishi Lancer Evo is expected to arrive in Canada in 2008. Some performance compacts were dropped this year: Toyota discontinued the Corolla XRS and Matrix XRS for 2007, and Pontiac dropped the Matrix-based Vibe GT.

In the luxury car segment, there are fewer choices, but the numbers are growing. There are now three: the new Mini Cooper S, Audi A3 2.0T and the latest entrant, the 2007 Acura CSX Type-S. Like the regular CSX, the CSX Type S is sold only in Canada, and not south of the border.

Externally, the CSX Type-S can be distinguished from the regular CSX by its 17-inch tires and unique 17-inch alloy wheels, front fog lights, rear spoiler with integrated third brake light, and Type-S badge on the trunklid.

Inside, the Type-S has unique leather upholstery with prominent white stitching and Type-S logos in the backrests; a 350-watt premium AM/FM/CD/WMA/MP3 audio system with digital audio card reader, and seven speakers including a subwoofer; a standard navigation system with Canadian French/Canadian English voice recognition; red ambient cabin lighting and instrumentation; metal pedals; and Type-S floor mats.

But it's the mechanical upgrades that are likely to be of the most interest to Type-S buyers: replacing the CSX's standard 155-hp 2.0-litre DOHC, 16-valve, i-VTEC four-cylinder engine is a 197-hp version of the same engine with a higher compression ratio (11.0:1 vs 9.6:1) and a redline that's been raised from 6800 rpm to 7800 rpm. This is basically the same engine found in the Honda Civic Si coupe.

While the regular CSX 2.0-litre engine develops 155 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 139 lb-ft of torque at 4500 rpm, the CSX Type-S engine offers 197 hp at 7800 rpm and 139 lb-ft at 6100 rpm. As you can see, this is a very rev-happy engine rather than a torquey engine, which has implications for its everyday driveability - more on that later.

CSX Type-S models include a standard six-speed manual transmission compared to a standard five-speed manual in the regular CSX. However, Type-S models are not offered with the optional five-speed automatic transmission with its paddle shifters. Obviously, the Type-S is aimed at true performance enthusiasts who want a traditional stickshift.

Because of its higher compression ratio, the Type-S engine uses Premium grade gasoline compared to the CSX engine which uses Regular. 2007 Energuide fuel consumption figures indicate that the Type-S uses more gas, primarily in city driving: a CSX with a five-speed manual transmission gets 8.7 L/100 km city; 6.4 L/100 km Highway; while the CSX Type-S with the six-speed manual offers 10.2/6.8 City/Highway.

To improve handling, the Type-S also gets firmer springs and shock absorbers and larger front and rear stabilizer bars, electronic vehicle stability control (VSA) and traction control, and Brake Assist, and a helical limited slip front differential - as well as the 17-inch tires.

The extra performance of the CSX Type-S comes with a price premium: while the base 2007 CSX starts at $25,990 and the CSX Premium starts at $28,200, the new Type-S starts at $33,400.

Interior impressions

Though it has a very streamlined profile, the CSX Type-S (like the Civic) is surprisingly roomy inside with adequate front and rear headroom and reasonable rear legroom for four adults.

The driver's seat has a manual height adjuster and manual lumbar adjuster, a bit surprising in a $33,000 luxury vehicle: I was expecting a power driver's seat.

The CSX has the same two-tier instrument design as the Honda Civic, but the instruments are backlit in red rather than blue, and the speedo has an 8000 rpm redline. Personally, I prefer the Civic's blue backlighting, but red seems to be the colour of choice for many performance cars these days.

My CSX Type-S interior had black leather seats with white stitching and 'Type-S' embossed logos in the seatbacks, and similar white-stitched leather door inserts (I couldn't be sure if the door panels were real leather). The plastic metal-look trim on the dash, around the shift lever, on the doors, and on the steering wheel spokes adds a 'techno' upscale appearance, and the small, leather-wrapped steering wheel with integral audio, cruise, and telephone buttons looks and feels very sporty.

The centre dash protrudes out into the cabin placing most controls within easy reach of the driver. The heater controls are straightforward and automatic climate control with a single temperature setting is standard equipment. The handbrake lever and shift lever are within easy reach of the driver's right hand and because the handbrake lever is next to the shift lever, you have to release it before driving the car - avoiding the possibility of driving with the handbrake on.

The audio system is combined with the navigation system and both use the knobs and buttons around the perimeter of the colour screen. An "Open" button on the top left of the screen makes it flip up revealing a CD/MP3/WMA player, a DVD drive for the Navigation DVD, and a digital audio card reader with MP3 and Windows Media audio playback.

The navigation system allows you to enter your destination by using a menu for addresses, places, previous destinations, address book, or map input. Audible instructions by a friendly, female voice in either French or English will tell you when and where to make turns to get to your destination. And you can see where you are at any give time on the map with real-time satellite positioning.

The centre screen can be used for other things too: the driver can select and adjust audio settings, or view a clock, calendar, or calculator. The only thing I didn't like about the navigation system was that the driver has to press an "OK" button every time the car is started agreeing not to use it while driving.

The metal pedals, exclusive to the Type-S, look very sporty and the brake and clutch pedals have small, round rubber grips to keep your foot from slipping off. As well, there's a large 'dead' pedal on the left for resting the left foot.

Like the CSX and Honda Civic sedan, the CSX Type-S has plenty of storage options in the cabin, including a small bin to the left of the steering wheel, an open bin below the heater next to a 12-volt outlet and MP3 auxiliary jack, a covered bin in front of the shift lever, two cupholders with a sliding cover behind the shift lever, and a large bin underneath the centre armrest between the front seats. At the rear is a centre folding armrest with two built-in cupholders.

The standard 60/40 split folding seatbacks are released by two levers inside the trunk, and the rear head restraints don't have to be removed first when folding them down. The trunk can be opened remotely with a button on the key, very handy when you're carrying store-bought items that you don't want to put on the ground. The 340-litre trunk is roomy and fully lined with a carpet underlay.

Standard safety features include front, side and curtain airbags and active front head restraints. Like the Civic, the CSX's body structure has Honda's new ACE (Advanced Compatibility Engineering) design for greater crash compatibility with larger vehicles and pedestrians. Because the CSX isn't sold in the U.S., it hasn't been crash tested by government agencies, but the Civic sedan, which is almost identical, has. It received five stars in frontal crash tests by the NHTSA (www.safercar.gov) and a 'Good' rating by the IIHS (www.hwysafety.org).

Driving impressions

Driving the CSX Type-S is similar to driving the CSX except that you can rev the engine higher and corner faster. 0 to 100 km/h takes 7.2 seconds and 80-120 km/h takes 5.2 seconds, according to acceleration tests conducted by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (www.ajac.ca). Compare that with the 2007 VW GTI which takes 7.4 and 4.4 seconds respectively.

The 2.0-litre engine in the Type-S sounds racier than the one in the CSX. As you approach the 7800 redline, it lets out a howling shriek similar to high-revving race engines, and is best operated in the 3000 to 7000 rpm zone to get the most performance out of it. The six-speed manual shifter has short, precise shifts - again very race-car like - and clutch pedal effort is not too heavy for frequent shifting.

I had the opportunity to drive the Type-S at high speed on an improvised race-track at the Niagara-on-the-Lake airport runway during last Fall's AJAC Car of the Year 'Testfest', and this is where the Type-S is most impressive. It corners very flat with impressive grip from its Michelin Pilot 45-series 17-inch all-season tires, and has minimal but controllable understeer at the limit - standard stability control helps keep the car from spinning out on slippery surfaces, and the limited slip front differential and traction control keep the driving wheels from losing grip while cornering and/or accelerating. If you keep the revs up, the engine has impressive throttle response - the six-speed transmission flicks from gear to gear easily, and the four-wheel disc brakes are very strong - particularly as it is a relatively lightweight car.

Still, in AJAC braking tests, the CSX Type S didn't stop as quickly as the VW GTI and Mazdaspeed3. From 100 km/h to 0, the CSX Type-S took 43.6 metres, compared to the GTI's 37.2 metres and the Mazdaspeed3's 36.2 metres.

On the track, this is a fun car to drive, but as most of us don't drive on the race-track very often, everyday city and highway performance is more relevant. In this respect, the Type-S's small size, quick steering, good visibility, quick shifter and tractable engine make it a fairly easy car to drive - somewhat surprising given its racy nature - but don't expect to feel a lot more power under your foot around town because the engine's maximum torque is developed at 6100 rpm and maximum horsepower at 7800 rpm - and revving the engine that high every time you go to the grocery store is not really an option.

My only serious complaint with the CSX Type-S's performance is with its electric variable power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering. The steering wheel has a strong return-to-centre tendency while exiting corners. There's just too much steering interference in my opinion.

Other than that, the CSX Type-S is a boy-racer's dream car with the feel and sound of a racing sedan, and all the luxury features to keep him comfortable and entertained.

Verdict

With it racy engine, sport suspension, and close-ratio six-speed manual transmission, the CSX Type-S is a car for wannabe racers who also want the convenience of four doors and a luxurious, comfortable interior.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Senior Moderator

^ It's sad to think that C$33,400 is over US$31,400 (based upon C$1 = US$0.94 exchange rate). That's the price of a G35 sedan! Guess what? G35 >>> CSX Type-S.

Sad to think us pathetic Canadians have to pay for a car (before our outrageous taxes...)

I can almost guarantee that a Civic Si Sedan modified to look exactly like a CSX Type-S would cost less. (ie leather interior + navi retro-fit)
Old 06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^

tell me about it.

price difference from the US vs CDN is retarded, even taking into account exchange rates...

i'm not feeling the csx though. i'd just buy the civic si and be done with it (albeit 2 less doors).
Old 06-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Originally Posted by derrick
^ It's sad to think that C$33,400 is over US$31,400 (based upon C$1 = US$0.94 exchange rate). That's the price of a G35 sedan! Guess what? G35 >>> CSX Type-S.

Sad to think us pathetic Canadians have to pay for a car (before our outrageous taxes...)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts
We, Canadians, get screwed by banks, oil companies and now car manufacturers.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:46 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Unfortunately that's the way of life because Canadians are only 1/10 of the US population, and only have 1/10 of US's purchasing power.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So I think I saw a CSX the other day in Toronto with the ugly new grill, couldn't grab a photo though. The Acura Canada website doesn't show a change to the CSX just yet
Did some searching, and managed to steal these photos from another forum

Old 09-30-2008, 03:54 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Best execution of the grille so far IMO.

Although that's not saying much.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:00 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

And the Civic Si sedan is now available in Canada as is a Civic with leather. So I truly don't see a point in the CSX.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, even I was leaning towards saying the grill doesn't look as offensive on the CSX as it does on the TSX and the TL. Truly pointless car, though.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dom
Best execution of the grille so far IMO.

Although that's not saying much.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Senior Moderator

LOL ... I've seen about 3 CSX's in the GTA in the past 3 months I've been living in Toronto ... and I live in a high-Asian population dense area. Guess they are too 'frugal' to pony up for a Civic with leather (well ... going to an Acura dealership instead of a Honda dealership ... )

I just went to a Detroit dealer today to get my wife's CD player fixed (ie CD jam) ... they had 6 x 2008 Acura TL (base) selling for US$30k (US$4.5k under sticker price or C$31.8k if you assume 6% exchange rate) ... cheaper than a CSX Type-S !!! I don't care if that's a 2009 CSX or not ... 2008 TL >>> 2009 CSX.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Hey peeps....is the CSX a big seller in the great white north?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Hey peeps....is the CSX a big seller in the great white north?
Not sure. Canadian sales figures are never broken down by model.

But, like Derrick, I don't see too many on the road and its been on sale for 3+ years now. It predecessor, the EL, is all over the place.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:05 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
^^ price wise...how much more is an entry level CSX versus a fully loaded civic?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Base with Auto starts at $28,290 (pick yourself up off the floor)

A Civic EX with AT starts at $24,680 (Get up, these are Canadian prices remember)

CSX has the 2.0L engine from the old base RSX, a better warranty (80K over 4 vs 60K over 3) comes standard with leather and I think a standard sunroof.

And standard VSA.

So it probably is actually worth that added $3600.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Base with Auto starts at $28,290 (pick yourself up off the floor)

A Civic EX with AT starts at $24,680 (Get up, these are Canadian prices remember)
Old 10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
yaa and our TL is $42k MSRP...but I have been hearing on the radio that if you pay by cash you get huge discount..like the RDX for $35k, TL for $36k, MDX for $42k.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
see what a little alignment can do, the hood, the headlights and the grille all don't overlap eachother's positioning. It works, and the grille is not oversized. If they would have just followed this formula on the new TL, it would have made the whole grille thing less painful to deal with. sheesh.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Not sure. Canadian sales figures are never broken down by model.

But, like Derrick, I don't see too many on the road and its been on sale for 3+ years now. It predecessor, the EL, is all over the place.
i've only seen 1 Type S (TW) and quite few but not alot of premium/base model CSX's
yes, EL's are everywhere and i remember not seeing a whole of the 1.7EL until near the end of it's third year of sales, the first and second year the 1.7 was almos non-existent
maybe give it a lil more time and you'll see more but then again the CSX doesn't offer a whole lot more than a fully loaded civic
they really need to offer a lip kit for the CSX, the 1.7EL didn't get one until the third year of production (just before the MMC)
Old 10-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Me no like.
I would honestly get a Civic Sedan SI over that.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:13 PM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
did acura even bother to ask the public about this new design? i was sitting behind the new TL the other day and the only thing i could think was WTF?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:39 PM
2G TLX-S

Originally Posted by stangg172004
did acura even bother to ask the public about this new design? i was sitting behind the new TL the other day and the only thing i could think was WTF?
Honda/Acura like to do things their own way; like giving buyers 4 cylinders when the buyers want 6, giving buyers 6 cylinders when the buyers want 8, and giving buyers FWD/AWD when the buyers just want plain RWD.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Honda/Acura like to do things their own way; like giving buyers 4 cylinders when the buyers want 6, giving buyers 6 cylinders when the buyers want 8, and giving buyers FWD/AWD when the buyers just want plain RWD.
Due to the recent situation with gas, I'm sure their philosophy is working. I am not CRAZY about their new grilles, but I asked alot of people who don't go on these forums about what they thought of the new grilles and they all love it. Who would have guessed it.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:03 PM
2G TLX-S

Originally Posted by rondog
Due to the recent situation with gas, I'm sure their philosophy is working. I am not CRAZY about their new grilles, but I asked alot of people who don't go on these forums about what they thought of the new grilles and they all love it. Who would have guessed it.
I agree with you on the look of the new grilles. The TSX, and now the CSX grille all look ok. It's just the new TL grille that still looks very offensive. Why can't Acura put the TSX and CSX grilles on the new TL's ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Acura: CSX news **2012 Information (page 7)**