What do you think about Audiobahn?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 04:32 AM
The New Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think about Audiobahn?

Just like the title says.... Anyone have anything good/bad to say about their speakers/amps? I'd like to upgrade my stock speakers, but there are so many out there.....
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-10-2005, 07:13 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Ok, ok, I know some of you are waiting for me... : )

I have no respect for Audiobahn. They are the chrome spinnr hubcap of the audio world - all show, but not real.

I'm sure they have made a couple of things by accident that don't totally suck on the inside, but they only care abot the cosmetics, and have no engineering behind them.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Instructor

quick guideline: the more chrome/female flesh a manufacturer uses in its products and marketing, the worse the product is. jps
Old 07-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Audiobahn Shmadiobahn, love the avatar.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:11 PM
:brakejob:

they're a good "b-movie/b-list/lower selection" brand, but definitely not a high quality brand

personally i'd never use them
Old 07-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
i have audiobahn subs in my trunk, i would never by an amp off of them or components for that matter, i got the top of the line 12s (for audiobahn at least) they are pretty decent, i know theyre nothing compared to JL and such.. but i can live with them for now, until i feel they need to be replaced
Old 07-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Intermediate

Only experience I have with Audiobahn products is a 15" sub I bought a year and a half ago, from their Immortal line. It is a "high end" sub and I got a good deal on it. Impressions? Not too bad...lots of excursion, good power handling (dunno about the 2000RMS watts it claims to handle, but it does take the 1200 I've given it), and it plays low bass with authority, compared to the Shocker 15 I had in the same 4 ft^3 ported box. It's still alive but I haven't used it in the past few months.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audiobahn? It's been a dream to drive on the audiobahn my whole life. What other road doesn't have a speed limit?
Old 07-11-2005, 11:32 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CJams
Audiobahn? It's been a dream to drive on the audiobahn my whole life. What other road doesn't have a speed limit?

i think u mean AUTOBAHN!
Old 07-12-2005, 12:28 AM
I keeps it real

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny you mention. I have never heard of their equipment until I went fishing last weekend with friends. We drove out to a fishin hole about 2 hours north and the driver was a good friend of mines roommate and I just met him that weekend.

He drives a lowered 05 Camery that is borderline rice. Seeing that I was a car enthusiast, he felt it appropriate to push the limits of his system throughout the trip. It was the most awful distortion and pericing highs I have ever heard. Accompanied by bass bottoming out when peaking and barely noticable when not. I can remember thinking, god please make it stop. I finally decided to keep making conversation throughout the trip in hopes he would never turn it up again. My plan worked for the better half of the trip but not without giving me a raging headache in the process. I still cannot believe the sound didnt bother him and his pride in sharing it with me.

Anyway, long story short. He opens the trunk to pull out our fishing poles when we arrive at our destination and sure enough, there are two audiobahn 10's in an open face box staring me in the face. The colors on the amp were similiar to the speakers so I figure it was audiobahn too.

Anway, thats my first and hopefully last contact with audiobahn.

Last edited by GoDucksCLSPride; 07-12-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dark inspire
i think u mean AUTOBAHN!
It was a joke! As are Audiobahn products! I always thought that Audiobahn was the rebirth of Audiovox.

Hey Justin420EZ......is that Jodie Moore in your Avitar?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:41 AM
minibike wheelie king ;-)

Originally Posted by elduderino
Ok, ok, I know some of you are waiting for me... : )

I have no respect for Audiobahn. They are the chrome spinnr hubcap of the audio world - all show, but not real.

I'm sure they have made a couple of things by accident that don't totally suck on the inside, but they only care abot the cosmetics, and have no engineering behind them.
Thanks for your and others honest input. I was going to ask the same question because my cousin's husband owns a stero shop and they use a lot of audiobahn products. My brother went there and bought some high's, mid's and a sub and I was not very impressed at all. Glad I decided to wait and not have him install any of those products in my car. As for my brother, he is young and just wanted something better then stock for a cheap price. So he's happy with it.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:02 AM
The New Guy

CJams- I'm not sure who the chick is in the avatar..... but I found myself staring at her ass quite frequently. Thought it needed to be admired by all.
~this is why I posted~
I was looking through a crutchfield at home and I noticed they had a set of components that handled something unreal....like 250watts. I was taken back and didn't believe it. Have I been out of the car audio-loop that long? Then I went to crutchfields website and noticed the specs were different (a lot lower). Must have been a typo.
I was under the impression that Audiobahn made good subs, but I've been out of it for a couple of years. I guess I'll stick to what I know and not try any of these newer companies. Have to admit, owning an ACURA sparked all kinds of old/new interests!!