WARNING!! Excessive audio rockville, MD

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WARNING!! Excessive audio rockville, MD

here is a brief overview of a shop with horrible business practices and piss poor customer service, not to mention unprofessional.

So I end up taking my sytem to Excessive Audio in Rockville MD to get installed. I get a quote to do a dvd/heaudunit, a sub amp, a 4 channel amp, set of components, and a set of coaxials. they quote me a price and so I make an appointment for the Friday before Labor day. I bring my car in with all of the equipment and all of the wiring to the shop. They tell me ok it'll be done by the end of the day. The end of the day comes around and they say it will be done tomorrow (sat) some time. I have to call them back on sat before they close and they say come get it and by the way we did not have time to install your components. I get het car back and the installer says ok we did everything but the components. I get in the car go home and realize besides for the no components that my video is not hooked up, my tv tuner is not hooked up, my shifter knob has been ripped, I am missing my remote and the the reason why the video is not hooked up is there is a cable missing from the brain to ground the unit to the parking break. Mind you the installer tells me that he grounded the unit before I left. OK so I bring my car in again on tuesday to install the tv tuner and video portion of my headunit thinking they have not lost my parts. They call me back at the end of tuesday telling me we have not installed your components becuase they will not fit. I ask if they have tried making a spacer for them and they say no they will not fit and try to upsell me on a pair of speakers at the shop that they say will fit jsut fine. Total BS. So i say for get it, I jsut wont pay for teh component install, did they install my video at least? They say uhhhh we cant find that part are u sure you gave it to us? OMFG so u guys lost that cable and you will replace it. They agree about the lost cable and remote and say they will replace it. OH and they tried to glue the shift knob back together. Unacceptable and the guy at the shop says that he will order those parts next Monday becuase they dont have the store credit card. I agree. I get into my car and the gains on the internal amp are not set on the back speakers and the rca's are switched from front to back. I set it myself and wonder what the hell did I just pay for. OK so today monday, I did not receive a call from them all day and decide to call after work. I call the shop and the guy tells me he spoke to the installer and the installer says that he never saw those parts and that they can order the parts but I will have to pay for them. WTF!!! I was so pissed I bitched the guy out on the the phone and hung up. Now I'm stuck with lost parts, and a bad shift knob after paying 600+ in labor. I am trying to find out who the owner is so I can give him a piece of my mind before I take legal action.

Thanks for reading this and please keep your cars far away from this shop for your own piece of mind. It's unfortunate that I had to put this out on the internet but thats what it has come down to , I think I gave them plenty of opportunities to win my business as this was the second car I have brought to them, with the first install not so satisfying as well.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Racer

You should have went to StreetEffectz, Ron would have done it right.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where's the enter button when you need it...

Cliff notes ?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Read it..

I'd talk with StreetEffectz for sure if I was you..
Old 09-12-2005, 05:33 PM
El Presidente

Sorry to hear, hope everything works out. Maybe you can report them to the BBB?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraCl1
You should have went to StreetEffectz, Ron would have done it right.
AGREE'd

the only problem is, they do so much shit, i was there to get little minor things installed and he said he could squeeze me in because these things would onnly take a day or 2 to install, he said he was booked till march of 06!!! thats crazy!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
AGREE'd

the only problem is, they do so much shit, i was there to get little minor things installed and he said he could squeeze me in because these things would onnly take a day or 2 to install, he said he was booked till march of 06!!! thats crazy!

but their work is orgasmic!!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
call the BBB asap!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Luke 1:37

Man, this is why I think I may make a trip down to Jersey just to have StreetEffectz to do everything for me next Spring.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
AGREE'd

Damn! I guess I should make an appointment now for April 06!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:10 PM
98EXL, v2.0.1.33

exactly why I DIY.....
Old 09-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Jewdacris!!

I used to go to that shop when it was car toyz back in the day, they were always a little shady in there. I had them do tint for me on my old car and they did not do a good job IMO.

On a side note, i just had lowering springs installed by a place neat the airpark in gaitherbsurg MD, customizing connections. Ive been there a few times, they are very nice, helpful and have pretty good customer service from what i have seen. Not sure how much audio they do but for other stuff i would recommend them.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
Damn! I guess I should make an appointment now for April 06!
I still can't believe that beautiful car of yours has a stock stereo.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:40 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
damn that sucks crap. damned rockville shops.

btw, coming to the meet?