Victory Technologies Announces New Do It Yourself Software

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:03 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Knowing what Victory includes and fails to include, I'm not certain this will be as helpful as it seems, and I suspect they will mine info for themselves and charge you for the privelege, but...

Professional Installation Information Now Available

To Do It Yourself Mobile Electronics Enthusiasts

January, 6, 2005 - Las Vegas, NV - Victory Technologies, Inc. has set a new standard for automotive electronics Do It Yourself (DIY) support by introducing a new technical data software program that is product and brand neutral. This new application provides the car audio and electronics enthusiast with access to the same data, diagrams and technical tips used by today’s mobile electronics professionals!

Victory Technologies has accomplished this breakthrough by developing a new technological process now embedded in its popular Installation Excellence software program that controls access to data by user and vehicle. These new capabilities allow any retailer to sell a single vehicle reference program that provides the DIY with access to more than 1100 data fields for their selected vehicle. In addition to this detailed technical information and notes, the DIY also receives 30 days of email vehicle support ensuring their installation project is a complete success!

Other important features recommend the necessary installation parts required for the proper installation of aftermarket products into their vehicle and access to a recommended local installer if the DIY decides they want to have their products professionally installed. The program will also allow the user to document and store their installation notes and pictures on their computer while also providing an online community for sharing their installations and war stories.

The program is scheduled to begin shipping in February 2005 and has an MSRP of $19.95. Retailers may purchase the program for resale through Victory Technologies directly or through an authorized representative.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great info man....This sounds pretty cool. I remember when I was tryin' to find the VSS wire in the TSX, then my installer friend at Goodguys was getting info from some special website that he said was only suppose to be for pros. It pissed me off that there was not more sources for non-pros to get the data.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i wish them the best of luck!
great idea but IMO some people really shouldnt have access to tools. and thats great if you want to install a stereo and 4 speakers. but what if they want somthing more? what about custom installs?
i dunno. my prediction is they will be hot for a while then fizzle out. we will see.

hmm i just noticed the part at the end. sold through retailers? lol thats a laugh!
lets see i am a shop owner.. at least 70% of my profit comes from installing the equipment we sell with the internet taking all our profits...
lets see... if we sell these DIY CD's for 19.99 that we pay 15.99 for we can send 50% of our business out the door to install the same equipment and make no money on install...
Brilliant!!!

Last edited by Bass Mechanic; 02-03-2005 at 09:17 AM.